Author Topic: Apple Basic Bitch Thread  (Read 65648 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: Apple Basic Bitch Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »
I was just thinking today that Apple needs a cheaper phone with the internals and screen of the X but without all the fucking glass. The phone is beautiful, all the Iphones are, but no one fucking sees it or uses it without a case most of the time unless they're rich fuckers that don't care.

Even with apple care insurance i still put a case on my phones. It's pretty stupid because i'm sure 90% of users use these phones with a case.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2018, 11:19:39 AM »
I'll take the degraded look on my X in a clear case rather than risk scratches or shatters without one. But I do sometimes take it out of the case and fondle it. :shaq
©ZH

nudemacusers

« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2018, 01:56:42 PM »
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/08/lisa-brennan-jobs-small-fry-steve-jobs-daughter/
I knew the guy was an asshole on the subject of his daughter but it takes a real cold motherfucker to say that kind of shit to your kid’s face. What a psycho.

Ew gross he asslicked bono. Prob worse than being a horrible father tbh.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:03:43 PM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #303 on: August 27, 2018, 02:04:43 PM »
ASUS? :nope

Pixel :ohyeah
Lol seriously if you’re getting a droid at least don’t get some oem also ran shit.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #304 on: August 27, 2018, 02:13:40 PM »
:bow Pixel :bow2
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #305 on: August 27, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
I’ve gotten so used to using my phones with a case that they feel overly skinny and hard to use without one.

Also, Jobs is a mega asshole, like a truly horrible person apparently up until the day he died. I do like how the daughter is trying to spin all of it into “he was giving me life lessons” and is frustrated this story is about him when it’s her memoir.

Like, the only reason people give a shit about your memoir is because of your famous dad.

:mindblown

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #306 on: August 27, 2018, 04:37:19 PM »
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/08/lisa-brennan-jobs-small-fry-steve-jobs-daughter/
I knew the guy was an asshole on the subject of his daughter but it takes a real cold motherfucker to say that kind of shit to your kid’s face. What a psycho.
That's not shocking though. Most of the great CEOs are complete psychos. You kinda have to be.

Also, he never wanted her, or the mother. He probably resented her a lot but eventually came around.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »
3 days until the apple event.

the big reveal for me won't be the Xs but the rumored cheaper 6.1 inch model https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/09/09/purported-61-inch-lcd-iphone-xc-shown-off-on-social-media

I don't want the whole glass back and 'look at how luxurious my phone is' I just want an affordable Iphone with good specs and a nice screen.

I don't really get the 6.1 ratio though... why would they do that? Why not just make an Iphone X but without the glass? This leaves me a bit confused especially since there's apparently going to be an Xs+ model as well.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2018, 09:56:59 AM »
On the Romanian(?) telco site that is taking pre-orders has a 512GB XS+ for almost $1700US.  :lol
©ZH

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2018, 06:53:15 PM »
I don't really get the 6.1 ratio though... why would they do that? Why not just make an Iphone X but without the glass? This leaves me a bit confused especially since there's apparently going to be an Xs+ model as well.

Because it's a cheaper screen both tech and size.  They don't necessarily make OLED panels the same size / shape as LCD ones.
I guess. $750 price point. I"m down with that but then the fucking release date is mid to late Oct? WTF.

Another shitty Apple event. Just new phones and a new watch. No Macbook air, or any new product. Awful.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2018, 08:57:12 PM »
I’m in for the iPhone Ex Plus Alpha.
serge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2018, 02:55:59 AM »
No small iPhone means my wife is going to go Android for sure.

Really don't get why they arent making one small phone.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #312 on: September 13, 2018, 03:39:39 AM »

"Courage."

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2018, 07:44:20 AM »

how small a phone does she want? i have small hands and am fine with the x

kingv

« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2018, 08:46:27 AM »
I just had purify off for a few days and was kind of surprised how bad the hijacked web pages and malicious redirects have gotten on an iphone. I was getting redirects even when trying to click through to pretty vanilla ass web pages like eBay and huffingtonpost straight from google.

I'm not even really sure how it occurs or the method of infection .

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #315 on: September 13, 2018, 11:30:33 AM »

how small a phone does she want? i have small hands and am fine with the x

I think the point is that the SE could easily get a refresh and be a popular model.

Brehvolution

« Reply #316 on: September 13, 2018, 12:06:02 PM »
Still giggling over the XR being the "cheap" model at $750.
©ZH

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »
I think it is finally time to upgrade my iPhone 5s. When my air conditioning died for a week, the extreme heat in my apartment seems to have overheated the battery causing it to expand and push the screen out. The protective case I have it in seems to be holding everything in place for now, but I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before it dies.
WDW

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #318 on: September 13, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »
I think it is finally time to upgrade my iPhone 5s. When my air conditioning died for a week, the extreme heat in my apartment seems to have overheated the battery causing it to expand and push the screen out. The protective case I have it in seems to be holding everything in place for now, but I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before it dies.

:kobeyuck

here i was thinking i stretched out my Iphone 6 too long

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #319 on: September 13, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »
It was working fine up until then, there really wasn't a reason to upgrade.

:trumps
WDW

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #320 on: September 13, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »
Don't these phones chug? I was using my friends cheap 2018 android and that was zipping fast compared to my 2014 Iphone 6.

Now comparing the Iphone X to my 6  :-X

The X is insanely fast

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #321 on: September 13, 2018, 09:32:43 PM »
Actually it's weird, I haven't really experienced any slowdown issues with my 5s like I did with previous iphones. The only slow down issue I really have with it is loading different emoji keyboards in imessage, it sometimes takes a few seconds to switch between keyboards.
WDW

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #322 on: September 13, 2018, 09:56:57 PM »
Actually it's weird, I haven't really experienced any slowdown issues with my 5s like I did with previous iphones. The only slow down issue I really have with it is loading different emoji keyboards in imessage, it sometimes takes a few seconds to switch between keyboards.
Walk into a store and try the new phones then test how your phone feels.

Also, wow $270 for applecare on all X phones. Unbelievable.  They're really going nuts aren't they.

BUt that dual slim slot with both being active is pretty darn cool and useful for me. I think the Xr it is.

TVC15

« Reply #323 on: September 13, 2018, 10:14:47 PM »
Ugh, need to stay up until midnight to preorder but I’m in a lot of pain today and just want to toke and pass out.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:19:24 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #324 on: September 13, 2018, 11:37:58 PM »

You need to replace that shit fast and take that battery to a tech recycle center pronto. That shit will explode soon.

(Though since a lot of dumpster fires happen at a Tech recycle center... maybe you should look for a "safe"  :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge way of exploding it yourself. :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #325 on: September 14, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »
No smaller model means it's time for articles to come out about how the writer doesn't miss their smaller phone and that Apple was right to take away the choice of model types.  :doge

It was working fine up until then, there really wasn't a reason to upgrade.

:trumps

So why not just get the battery replaced?
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #326 on: September 14, 2018, 09:02:36 AM »
Especially now that battery replacement has gotten cheap.

I’ve moved onto the leasing train. As long as my carrier keeps giving me deals every 18 months to trump, I’ll probably keep doing it. I think I’m paying $15 a month for a 7 or something like that.

Brehvolution

« Reply #327 on: September 14, 2018, 09:09:52 AM »
Walk into a store and try the new phones then test how your phone feels.

Also, wow $270 for applecare on all X phones. Unbelievable.  They're really going nuts aren't they.

BUt that dual slim slot with both being active is pretty darn cool and useful for me. I think the Xr it is.

Why would you pay for applecare if your carrier already offers insurance?  ???
©ZH

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #328 on: September 14, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »
Bah. I haven’t bought an expensive phone in ages, but I got an 8+ as a gift last year and really liked it so I just preordered the 256gb max in space gray.

TVC15

« Reply #329 on: September 14, 2018, 09:45:46 AM »
Bah. I haven’t bought an expensive phone in ages, but I got an 8+ as a gift last year and really liked it so I just preordered the 256gb max in space gray.

I got a 256gb space gray max, too. We better not get our phones confused when we’re ass fucking.
serge

Brehvolution

« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2018, 10:08:02 AM »
How much was it?
©ZH

kingv

« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »
AppleCare+ has been a rip-off for a long time. All phone insurance is unless you break your phone screen on the regular.

Replacing the XR screen is expensive... but you only save like $200 once you factor in the cost of AppleCare and you’re out $270 no matter what

I wonder if AppleCare will be cheaper on the non-oled phones.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »

I got a 256gb space gray max, too. We better not get our phones confused when we’re ass fucking.
Why would that be a bad thing? I’ll just save a bunch of my nudies in your camera.

How much was it?
$1249 I think. I’ll be honest. I didn’t really look so that I wouldn’t doubt myself before I purchased.

Do they really require signatures for delivery? It said it did but I won’t be home on Friday when delivery bros come.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2018, 11:44:37 AM »

I wonder if AppleCare will be cheaper on the non-oled phones.
It's the same price for all X phones.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #334 on: September 17, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »
for the love of god why is iphoto and icloud such fucking garbage. it's a pile fo fucking garbagegggggeeee.

someone help me out. i want to make sure my photos can go to the cloud, but i don't want a potential nude popping up every time i open my goddamn photo app or log into a device and have pics start downloading to that fucking device.

anyone? and i can't stand how apple has a bullshit "hidden" photos folder which is not actually hidden. seriously, they're fucking distinguished mentally-challenged. that whole cloud computing team needs to be wiped out and handed pink slips.

(maybe i should use my prime photos to store stuff there. i share it with my brother. if we have two different profiles he can't see them right?)

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #335 on: September 17, 2018, 08:21:00 PM »
It's uncouth* to keep nudes for more than a day.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*can also be considered problematic**

**may also use gross***

***just save them in a Google drive folder and delete the local copy if you really, really got to keep them.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #336 on: September 17, 2018, 08:35:15 PM »
It's uncouth* to keep nudes for more than a day.

*can also be considered problematic**

**may also use gross***

***just save them in a Google drive folder and delete the local copy if you really, really got to keep them.
[close]
[close]
[close]

it's more than just that. it's the fact that if you delete off your phone the fotos are gone completely. it's so unintuitive and you have to drop through hoops. i've decided on going with amazon drive since i get unlimited photo storage with prime.

kingv

« Reply #337 on: September 17, 2018, 10:24:55 PM »
Why do you share nudes with your brother?!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #338 on: September 17, 2018, 11:48:01 PM »
  ::)

so i just realized the Xr screen isn't even 1080p

unbelievable  :snoop

thisismyusername

« Reply #339 on: September 18, 2018, 12:50:19 AM »
That's not shocking though. Most of the great CEOs are complete psychos. You kinda have to be.

Also, he never wanted her, or the mother. He probably resented her a lot but eventually came around.

I dunno about the CEO claim. But yeah: It's been known for a long while that Jobs treated Lisa and her mom like shit.

For as much as he was an asshole (and it's a huge notable thing) as a person: Jobs could market shit like it wasn't shit and people would buy it. Apple post-him hasn't had the same "magic" as it had under him.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #340 on: September 18, 2018, 12:55:42 AM »

For as much as he was an asshole (and it's a huge notable thing) as a person: Jobs could market shit like it wasn't shit and people would buy it. Apple post-him hasn't had the same "magic" as it had under him.
Right, since there is no super asshole maniac guiding the ship everyone seems content taking home nice paychecks and sitting on their asses.

- siri still sucks
- iphoto still sucks
- itunes still sucks
- icloud still sucks
- Mac OS hasn't changed much
- Ios hasn't changed much

Apple is the new Microsoft.

Coax

« Reply #341 on: September 18, 2018, 01:11:57 AM »

Steve deserves all the praise and criticism he's given, is the way I see it. One thing doesn't cancel the other out imo. He was the driving force of the company's spirit for the longest time during their most innovative periods.

(That said I still think the Newton had innovative features)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #342 on: September 18, 2018, 06:09:49 AM »

Steve deserves all the praise and criticism he's given, is the way I see it. One thing doesn't cancel the other out imo. He was the driving force of the company's spirit for the longest time during their most innovative periods.

(That said I still think the Newton had innovative features)

The Newton was an interesting piece of kit, to be sure. Unfortunately the support for early adopters was atrocious.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2018, 10:29:44 AM »
And despite all i said above i won't dare go to Android.

IOS12 just came out and made my iphone 6 feel practically new again.

kingv

« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2018, 10:50:24 AM »
  ::)

so i just realized the Xr screen isn't even 1080p

unbelievable  :snoop

Xr doesn’t even have 3D Touch!

This probably means my next iPhone will be an 8. No damn way am I paying $1k for a phone.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:12:29 PM by kingv »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #345 on: September 18, 2018, 11:01:01 AM »
iOS 12 :rejoice

My phone runs so much smoother now. 11 really sucked donkey balls

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #346 on: September 18, 2018, 11:26:31 AM »

Apple faltered when they ousted Jobs in the 80s...not surprising that without him they've lost direction again.  But for all the bitching and complaining that people do, tons of them still continue to purchase Apple products. 

Ditching the Apple ecosystem
:rejoice
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #347 on: September 18, 2018, 11:56:51 AM »

kingv

« Reply #348 on: September 18, 2018, 12:18:09 PM »

Apple faltered when they ousted Jobs in the 80s...not surprising that without him they've lost direction again.  But for all the bitching and complaining that people do, tons of them still continue to purchase Apple products. 

Ditching the Apple ecosystem
:rejoice

I still have an iPhone and iPad but I recently bought a refurbished Kindle Fire tablet for like $30 and that thing is surprisingly decent as a comic reader/web browser/simple apps.

Biggest drawback is you have to side load all of the google services because the amazon App Store is not great.

I’ve had Android phones in the past, and while there are certain things I preferred with them, In my experience, “forced obsolescence” was actually worse on the ones I’ve owned.

I think both of the ones I had, eventually the carrier pushed out an update that upgraded to a new version of Android that basically made them super slow and shitty. This happens on iPhone too... but more slowly.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #349 on: September 18, 2018, 02:02:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/reckless/status/1041991273819910144

$1000 you say :leon

Again, at the end of the day the fact that my Iphone 6 is now 5 years old and with Ios12 running as good as when i bought it, there's no fucking reason to switch to an Android that starts to suck within 1.5 years.

I've decided to skip this gen again. A family member bought the Xmax and i will be grabbing that 7+ they just sold me for $350 with new battery replacement. Considering i can sell my 6 here for $190, i just spent $160 for practically a brand new 7+.

I'll upgrade next year.   :)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #350 on: October 29, 2018, 07:07:38 PM »
Tomorrow is the day we may actually see a new MacBook Air.

I'm hoping it's borderless with facial recognition. That'd be really fucking sweet.  The notch is annoying on the phone but I think with the laptops it'd be pretty nice.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:11:40 PM by Assimilate »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #351 on: October 30, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »
New MacBook Air $1199

Same design as the last but with less bezel retina display +Touch ID, 17% less volume in size. 100% recycled aluminum. 3 colors.

I was hoping for a $999 price point. A little bit underwhelming but it is such a perfect laptop already there's not much they could do .

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #352 on: October 30, 2018, 10:35:33 AM »
128gb starting storage for a $1199 computer. This fucking company, I swear.

I wish I liked Window so I could ditch this fucking company forever.

Brehvolution

« Reply #353 on: October 30, 2018, 10:58:04 AM »
It's funny because you couldn't backup your 128gb iphone to it.
©ZH

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #354 on: October 30, 2018, 11:25:48 AM »
that new ipad pro is amazing looking
püp

kingv

« Reply #355 on: October 30, 2018, 12:12:08 PM »
100% recycled aluminum is just “these are all the reconditioned MacBook Air shells from the last time we offered this laptop (not really, obviously)”

So the new iPad Pro has usb C. That seems like a big change. Although $800 for a freaking iPad is some dumb bullshit that will keep me from upgrading to it.

All I do on them is watch videos, read comic books, and play phone games.

I’d like a bigger screen but not for those prices.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:22:49 PM by kingv »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #356 on: October 31, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »

:snoop

I'm besides myself right now because I really wanted a new laptop.

shitty keyboard, low memory, $1199 price tag.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #357 on: November 01, 2018, 08:03:29 AM »

:snoop

I'm besides myself right now because I really wanted a new laptop.

shitty keyboard, low memory, $1199 price tag.

Get over Apple and buy a Windows PC or a Chromebook.  If you hate Windows so much...put Linux on it?
:idont
ど助平

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #358 on: November 01, 2018, 08:22:07 AM »

Get over Apple and buy a Windows PC or a Chromebook.  If you hate Windows so much...put Linux on it?

When you actually look at the options that are out there though the price for the Air isn't that unreasonable. The only thing apple does that pisses me off is the memory thing, they price gouge you on that. It's the Apple "tax" bump that is annoying.

thisismyusername

« Reply #359 on: November 01, 2018, 09:04:41 AM »
put Linux on it?

Shoot yourself in the head if you don't like your migraine option, nice.