Author Topic: GTAV - first person mode in pc/ps4/xb1 :o  (Read 165071 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: GTAV
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »
Himu quit acting like a queen and post here again.
fat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »
hello humu
nat

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »
because he (or should I say she!) is a wimp who can't handle diverging opinions

:teehee
野球

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
shenmue sucks worse than gta4
pcp

Himu

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
There's a difference between someone who has a different opinion and someone who has to hassle your back every post you make, Harry Potter! Raban said he was going to take me off his friends list because "we have such different experiences with games" and that he wants "serious game discussion" and that "we think of games differently." Holy shit, what a taco.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2012, 04:18:42 PM »

I am hoping GTAV's golf and tennis mini games are as in depth as Shenmue's darts mini game. :drool
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »
i like the idea of ambient events like RDR, but i hope they add more variety

the RDR events were great until the 100th time that whore tried to trick you into helping with the "broken" carriage

lesson: always shoot the whore
sup

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »

I am hoping GTAV's golf and tennis mini games are as in depth as Shenmue's darts mini game. :drool

how come they never had a minigame where you make crack? seems like a given for the series
pcp

Himu

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »
Watch, Raban is going to follow up with his "you as a customer don't have a right to judge someone's product" and "stop comparing things" cop out.

What a taco.

how come they never had a minigame where you make crack? seems like a given for the series

In GTA Chinatown Wars you buy and sell drugs. IT OWNS. If it is not in GTAV, GTAV will objectively be the worst game of all time.
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
If you've paid any attention to my posts on here, all I do is pretend to be intellectual. And I didn't block you, dingus, I removed you because of the spamming, but I guess you took it personally. You're still free to IM me there, or at least have the decency to keep it to PMs. Way to celebrate your triumphant return by surfacing personal drama in a gaming thread.
SRY

cool breeze

« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/ZeVTP#0

gta5 screenshots remade in gta4 show this is def possible on current consoles

I don't think that's been the question.  Concern is always the resolution, lod, frame rate, etc.  Those usually take a hit, even if the base assets and tech are fine.  More impressive is how huge the world looks and how varied and details locations are.  Is it an island again? or are there other ways to border off the world?

Himu

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2012, 04:30:41 PM »
I'm not im'ing anyone who removes me from their friends list in the middle of discussing prog rock.

How did you manage to go from "this looks like IV with San Andreas crazy hijinks" to being excited when the trailer we just watched is the exact same thing you described in your diatribe for criticizing GTAV?
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2012, 05:10:39 PM »
Au contraire, this trailer showed off the interaction between characters for the first time, and showed off a bunch of mission scenarios. To be absolutely clear, I'm not commenting on the quality of this game and never have, just sharing my thoughts on the little drips we're getting. The GI article was lackluster. The only thing this trailer changed was my worry that I'd be tired of Houser's schtick after MP3 and RDR, but the trailer put that to rest. I'm still just as worried where they'll go with the mechanics and mission structure, but we gotta wait to see that info.

Something about the way Rockstar directs VA always charms my pants off, and just today is when we got a real taste of that.
SRY

Himu

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
The only new thing the trailer showed was actual character interaction and voice acting. That's it. We knew there would be trains due to the pics, we knew you'd base jump due to Gay Tony and pics. The only thing the trailer really worked to sell on was the three character dynamic, and I'm not sure why it would take the trailer itself to sell you on it. Especially since the GI preview was far from the only preview of the game available. In fact, the trailer should worry you due to it showing Dan Houser going nuts with it. Did you see that kid dangling on that sail boat? How many times do you think you'll have to rescue him? Three? Four times?

So your sudden change makes no sense. It's the same exact thing they've been hyping for the past week in previews only in video form.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »
 ::)
 :maf

Jesus Fucking Christ you nerds. Give it a rest. It's FUCKING VIDEOGAMES. The world doesn't care if you like GTA or fucking Saints Row. You get no cool points for this shit.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
Your indifference gets you no cool points either, nerd.
fat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »
This is unreal. Himuro fighting with... Raban of all people. Who is Raban anyway? I cannot even recognize him. Nothing against Raban per se but why is Himuro wasting time on him?

Drop it, Himu.

He and I go back more than a few years. I was a nobody on GAF.
SRY

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
*ignores everything*

pretty cool trailer!   they've got the writing down as always.   I can't really tell about the gameplay, because it's just a trailer showing off a bunch of stuff and I don't know what's gameplay and what's a cutscene.  And I would have to be some kind of distinguished mentally-challenged fellow to make a judgment call on a massive game like this after two short trailers.   

the older guy looks like he's covered wars, ya know

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2012, 06:21:14 PM »
It's been said before, but Franklin sounds like he's voiced by Young Maylay! That'll be a little weird if true.
SRY

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »
Trailer's writing feels more like a return to the craziness, or at least as crazy as TBoGT, which is very exciting.

I still doubt that the console versions will look like that, but I do expect there will be years' worth of RAGE improvements over GTA IV.

It's silly, but I'm super-excited over the return of Ammu-Nation. GTA IV's back-alley weapons sheds were indicative of a step toward realism which I didn't need or like. Bring on the 7-11 of arms dealers!

cool breeze

« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2012, 07:31:08 PM »
i like the idea of ambient events like RDR, but i hope they add more variety

the RDR events were great until the 100th time that whore tried to trick you into helping with the "broken" carriage

lesson: always shoot the whore

yeah, there's a lot they should crib from RDR and adapt it for a GTA game.

Off the top of my head, the one change I want from it, and GTA4, is how you run.  'A' for running is bad enough without being forced to repeatedly tap it.  At least in Batman or Assassin's Creed I can contort my hand to press A with my index finger and still look around with the right stick.  Just stick running on LB/RB and make use of the analog stick.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »
I'd imagine Microsoft has to be working out a deal to get GTAV on the 'Next Great Console from Microsoft.'  Spring 2013 and Rockstar's history suggests an April or May release.  E3 coming right after in June.  I can see why they wouldn't announce it before that time.  I mean, I'd say Sony could do it too but Rockstar had a stronger relationship with Microsoft this gen.

Unless Rockstar is pulling off some magic the 360/PS3 versions of it won't look or run nearly as smooth as in these promo media.  So far, no announced PC version either.  GTA4 on the consoles looks mad blurry.  Red Dead Redemption looks great but didn't have as much going on.

Must be magic because post process AA used in GTAV trailer is exactly the same as the one used in PS3 MP3(360 had  different method).

/pixel counters
cat

Bebpo

« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »
I just hope it controls nothing like GTA4, the missions are nothing like GTA4, the writing is 100% NOTHING LIKE GTA4 (aka, crude and embarrassing 13 year old jokes), and that there's actually fun stuff to do besides the missions.

Then again that last one is pretty tough.  I'm fairly far into Sleeping Dogs and while there is a decent amount of stuff to do outside of missions (events, sidequests, races, find health shrines, find statutes, find briefcases), a lot of it gets pretty dull after a while and if you're OCD about doing 100% it really drags the game down, which is a shame because the main story missions are great.  Otoh, you have stuff like Saints Row 3 or Assassin's Creed 2/B where there's lots of sidestuff and the sidestuff is a lot of fun and sometimes better than the main missions.

It's really a balance.  I thought RDR was FAAAAAR better than GTA in having worthwhile sidestuff while not having TOO MUCH sidestuff (the infinite random events don't count since they are infinite and are only a couple that repeat).  The sidequests in RDR were few but they had stories and were good and had you explore areas the main missions didn't.  The bounties were kind of repetitive (too many), and town freeing (too many), but they were also fun to do in themselves.  The achievement things like survival stuff was a little fillerish but some were kind of fun like hunting and treasure finding (the probably was just too many hunts, too many flowers).  So yeah, the balance wasn't perfect, but it was generally good and the game didn't drag too much outside some of the hunting/flower/bounty sidestuff.

Otoh, GTAIV had jack shit to do besides the missions and the missions themselves ranged from average to mediocre.  I'm not going to talk about last gen GTAs since it's been too long and I don't remember them well and I never played SA more than 30 mins.  Also not going to talk about the GTAIV expansions because I played them about 30 mins each and they didn't grab me.

I don't expect it to control as smooth as Saints Row or have writing as good as Sleeping Dogs (where you actually LIKE the characters, who would have thought that's possible in a gangster GTA-style game), but as long as it tries to be FUN and not so bad it offends my tastes in its writing and gives me a lot of fun options to do I may actually like this GTA.  Oh and it better have checkpoints and not be extremely frustrating at times.  RDR was pretty easy, but I've come to realize that easy + sandbox = lots of fun and so I don't really give a shit about challenge in these kind of games and frustrating mission replays like some GTA missions just turn me off of the game.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2012, 12:02:28 AM »
Anyone else think one of the voices in the new GTA V trailer sounds like Charlie Sheen?

Robo

« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:37 AM »
BULLSHOTS
LOTS AND LOTS OF GIANT BULLSHOTS
FUCK OFF WITH YOUR SHITTY GTA SHIT ROCKSTAR YOU ARE SAINTS ROW'S BITCH
FUCKING MAKE BULLY FUCKING TWO GODFUCKINGDAMNIT AND STOP WITH THIS UTTER SHIT
 :maf :maf :maf

This post was so bad I had to log in and tell you that you are an idiot.

Rockstar never does bullshots.

Here are GTAIV official screens.

The final game looks exactly like this, especially on my pc which runs it on high. If you think these screens are bullshots you're a fucking dumbass.

LOL, who do you think you're kidding, exactly?

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/grand_theft_auto_4/screenshots.html

Those were all console launch screens, and yes, they're total bullshit.  Nobody cares how the game runs on a high end PC when it isn't even an announced platform.  (GTA4 wasn't announced for PC until months after the console release—months after those screenshots first appeared.)
obo

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2012, 01:03:57 AM »
  Also not going to talk about the GTAIV expansions because I played them about 30 mins each and they didn't grab me.

those were the best part

Himu

« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2012, 01:09:33 AM »
Robo, I just played GTAIV Ballad of Gay Tony on my 360 tonight and it totally looks like that.

And you should play the expansions, they're GTAIV done right.
IYKYK

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2012, 01:21:52 AM »
I think people should look at 720p screens when comparing stuff

GTAV screen

PS3 QualityTM

cat

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2012, 01:27:54 AM »
Reminds me one of the reasons I didn't like the city in GTA 5 again, and somewhat Vice City, the lack of elevation.
itm

Himu

« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:37 AM »
Nothing better than California hills.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2012, 01:34:40 AM »
I think people should look at 720p screens when comparing stuff

GTAV screen
(Image removed from quote.)

PS3 QualityTM

Yep.
dog

Himu

« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2012, 01:39:04 AM »
I also think people are forgetting just how good RDR's nature  effects are.

BULLSHOTS.

W-w-w-wait

matte

Welp

I just hope it controls nothing like GTA4, the missions are nothing like GTA4, the writing is 100% NOTHING LIKE GTA4 (aka, crude and embarrassing 13 year old jokes), and that there's actually fun stuff to do besides the missions.

Then again that last one is pretty tough.  I'm fairly far into Sleeping Dogs and while there is a decent amount of stuff to do outside of missions (events, sidequests, races, find health shrines, find statutes, find briefcases), a lot of it gets pretty dull after a while and if you're OCD about doing 100% it really drags the game down, which is a shame because the main story missions are great.  Otoh, you have stuff like Saints Row 3 or Assassin's Creed 2/B where there's lots of sidestuff and the sidestuff is a lot of fun and sometimes better than the main missions.

It's really a balance.  I thought RDR was FAAAAAR better than GTA in having worthwhile sidestuff while not having TOO MUCH sidestuff (the infinite random events don't count since they are infinite and are only a couple that repeat).  The sidequests in RDR were few but they had stories and were good and had you explore areas the main missions didn't.  The bounties were kind of repetitive (too many), and town freeing (too many), but they were also fun to do in themselves.  The achievement things like survival stuff was a little fillerish but some were kind of fun like hunting and treasure finding (the probably was just too many hunts, too many flowers).  So yeah, the balance wasn't perfect, but it was generally good and the game didn't drag too much outside some of the hunting/flower/bounty sidestuff.

Otoh, GTAIV had jack shit to do besides the missions and the missions themselves ranged from average to mediocre.  I'm not going to talk about last gen GTAs since it's been too long and I don't remember them well and I never played SA more than 30 mins.  Also not going to talk about the GTAIV expansions because I played them about 30 mins each and they didn't grab me.

I don't expect it to control as smooth as Saints Row or have writing as good as Sleeping Dogs (where you actually LIKE the characters, who would have thought that's possible in a gangster GTA-style game), but as long as it tries to be FUN and not so bad it offends my tastes in its writing and gives me a lot of fun options to do I may actually like this GTA.  Oh and it better have checkpoints and not be extremely frustrating at times.  RDR was pretty easy, but I've come to realize that easy + sandbox = lots of fun and so I don't really give a shit about challenge in these kind of games and frustrating mission replays like some GTA missions just turn me off of the game.

They said in interview they plan on topping RDR so they at least probably agree, especially considering GTAIV episodes.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:45:11 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2012, 03:12:37 AM »
I also went back to TBoGT tonight, trying to figure out if my memory was playing tricks on me. It's still a little muddy, but a great looking game, and a stunning technological achievement.

It controls like complete ass though, compared to RDR.

Himu

« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2012, 03:17:25 AM »
Gay Tony controls much better than IV, though. So it's a toss up. Plus Gay Tony has this:

LET'S PLAY FREE ROAM, CHRONO
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2012, 03:48:51 AM »
I dunno.  Sure the Expansions are much better than core GTAIV.  But it still "feels" like GTAIV.  Clunky, slow, kind of boring if you're used to fun and fast games like SR3.  I'm sure the episodes are good games as I trust the opinions of you guys, but I just don't see myself ever going back and enjoying anything running on the GTAIV engine.  Been spoiled by better games in the same genre.

Oh and watching that video coming from a night of Sleeping Dogs just reminds me what a waste Euphoria was.  The physics in GTAIV are terrrrrrible.  Slow and floaty and completely unrealistic.  It's like everything moves in slow motion.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:50:25 AM by Bebpo »

Himu

« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2012, 03:51:48 AM »
Not bad points overall. RDR and MP3 are running on newer versions of euphoria and rage, and have better controls.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2012, 03:53:33 AM »
Yeah, RDR definitely controlled a lot better.  Haven't played MP3 yet.

If they really learn a lot from RDR and GTAIV complaints, GTAV could be great.  I'll give it a shop and hope they've learned some lessons.

Himu

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2012, 04:08:49 AM »
They learned their lessons from the Episodes. It's just that the Episodes still use the GTAIV version of the engine, so it's still slow shit. But the writing, mission variety, mission design, and side activities show they've learned a lot since GTAIV. RDR shows this even more by expanding on every thing IV did making it better. With the goal of making V top not only RDR but also San Andreas, I think we have something to look forward to.

Stoney and co said the GI article doesn't say anything informative, but I disagree. They tackle a lot of complaints people had with IV: the narrative dissonance, the lack of mission variety, the lack of things to do and lack of toys, even the driving controls.

We'll just have to see! But everything is pointing towards good things for V.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:11:48 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

From GTA forums
Multiplayer.it answered to some questions about GTA V via twitter today while they were showing in live streaming NFS MW (I announced it today).

Hopefully I won't forget anything, here all the info they gave:

First of all, next week they will release an interview with Dan Houser, they teased that he will reply to lot of questions, such as "Why there never been female protagonists?" and "Why all GTAs are set in America and there aren't GTAs in other countries?"

- There is no a lead platform, they are developing the game at the same time in both PS3 and XBOX360
- Who saw the demo thinks that there won't be a Wii U version because rockstar is not experienced with this new console, but he is also confident that there will be a PC version after a few months.
- Who saw the demo said the graphics is amazing, and you can see the maniacal attention to all the details. Amazing graphics and attention to details combine together and give a credibility to the game world.
- Speaking of graphics, the demo had a lot of alias (Which is going to be fixed before release, of course) but the frame rate wasn't bad (but not perfect). Curiosity: They did the same presentation for GTA IV 5 years ago, and in this case the graphics was great but the frame rate was really bad.
- At the moment you can't switch between characters if you are in free roam and you are wanted, but they are still working on that so it may change (Maybe we'll be able to switch characters and then make a huge escape from police with all the characters together... Damn, this should be in the wish list lol)
- There will be multiple endings (Maybe we already know that, I can't remember)

As for the lenght of the game, Rockstar said that the main story alone lasts about as the red dead redemption one. So about 25-30 hours. But there will be a HUGE amount of secondary things to do.
Btw, It will last less than the one in GTA IV with Nico because they know that a lot of people didn't finish the story because it was too long.
cat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2012, 07:54:08 PM »
The last level in GTA IV was idiotically difficult. Then again, the final level in GTA III was even more difficult than IV's.

Yesterday I spent several hours getting the Ballad of Gay Tony's "All Missions Above 80%" Achievement. It was stunning to go back and see both (a) how maddeningly unresponsive the controls are on foot, (b) how every car controls like it's got a ton of bricks in the trunk, and (c) how many times the game takes control away from the player, either by limiting their controller input, pre-selecting/de-selecting weapons for the player, or putting them in some default situation and then combining the previous two conditions.

I was screaming at my TV yesterday more than any other game in the last two years. Not in a good way.

Red Dead Redemption kicks GTA IV's ass in so many ways... I was going to try for the 100% mission completion, and maybe even go back for some multiplayer, but I think I'm just going to pop Saints Row 3 in and try to mop up my achievements in that.

Himu

« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »
Glad the story is much shorter in GTAV. IV's bloat is atrocious. Once you start doing missions for McReary's the story nosedives.

Quality > Quantity. GTA doesn't need 100 missions, Dan.

GTAIII's last mission is easy Chrono. The trick is sniping and using the right side of the dam for cover. You won't get shot whilst you snipe nicca's. Once you're on top of the helipad just blow Catalina to bits. Easy.

It's also short. You end up busting out of confinement from Catalina's place and then bolt for the dam. GTAIV's final mission is butt fucking distinguished mentally-challenged hour long mission with one checkpoint.

I honestly don't know why you're bothering with the 80% achievement anyways. Are you a masochist? Even on my Gay Tony replay, as someone who has beaten Gay Tony, I fail to see how anyone can successfully do that shit while having fun. The requirements are distinguished mentally-challenged like x amount of headshots, or in the golf mission, having a 100% golf accuracy rate.

As for the vehicle controls, I fail to see them as unresponsive. Weighty, yes; unresponsive, no. The driving has a learning curve. I swing between loving it depending on the car (I really love the Stallion in IV) to tolerating it to hating it. It really depends on the vehicle, and the vehicle control diversity IS the best in the series. It's definitely different from every other sandbox game on the market in regards to driving, but that's not a bad thing. What is a bad thing is the vehicle shooting controls. Good lord.

Gay Tony takes away control? I dunno about that. Are you talking about IV specifically or Gay Tony? I find the expansions much better about that than the base game. Just play multiplayer with moi you achievement hunting cock sucker.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »
The percentage achievements werent that bad in Gay Tony.
fat

Himu

« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »
The fact you can replay missions DOES make it seem less tedious than I'm thinking considering.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2012, 10:35:01 PM »
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2012, 07:10:36 AM »
Himuro, I was playing only TBoGT, so I can't comment on IV's controls. I got the 80% Achievement, and am feeling a little masochistic afterward, to be honest.

Places where I was really annoyed yesterday were:
For the Man Who Has Everything: Once on the train, Luis cannot move backward, or even face backward. Players must use the LT to enter a temporary turret-like mode to fire at anything behind them. There's also a "use only once in the entire game QTE" for dodging one helicopter which flies over you, necessary for 100% completion.

Party's Over: auto-assigns the machine gun when the action starts instead of whatever I've previously selected prior to arrival (also stupid that they start you in the men's room of their Central Park analog, but that's bad mission design, not the matter at hand).

Departure Time: After the cinematic with Timur, it starts Luis in cover behind some boxes, and does not immediately allow stick-down or RB input to pull out of cover; if I mash either of those, though, it will queue the input for when it does allow it, and SUCK ME RIGHT BACK INTO COVER, allowing Timur to get away, around a corner into more guards. If this happens, it is impossible to meet the time limit. After Yusuf appears in the Buzzard in a cinematic, blowing up a car, I am unable to accelerate the motorcycle for 3 to 5 seconds while the game again demonstrates Yusuf shooting a car with a missile. After that, control is normal. Once aboard the plane, Luis starts in cover, but inexplicably pops out of it repeatedly if he fires a gun -- not "pokes his head out to fire from cover" -- he LEAVES cover, though that has not been input.

And this leaves aside the number of characters/vehicles which are invulnerable until the mission ALLOWS the player to damage the target, which is just crass.

I'm done with it. The controls and mission design are so frustrating.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2012, 10:02:35 AM »
Glad the story is much shorter in GTAV. IV's bloat is atrocious. Once you start doing missions for McReary's the story nosedives.

Quality > Quantity. GTA doesn't need 100 missions, Dan.

except the bank heist with the McCrearys is the best mission in the game.

GTA is never about the story for me, it's more about the funny shit they come up with, whether it's a line on the radio, a conversation with other gangsters or whatever.  The individual moments and the culture of the city.  The overarching story is necessarily distinguished mentally-challenged because it's a zillion hour video game. 

http://gtavtrailercomments.tumblr.com/

omg :rofl

ok, that's hilarious :lol 

these kinds of comments on youtube really make you wonder what the fuck is lurking on the other side of the keyboard. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:05:31 AM by Don Flamenco »

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »
The bank heist and running after that dude on rooftops are the only good missions in the game cause they're the only ones that stand out.

yeah, after I made that post, I was like...wait, i don't remember any of the other missions at all.

throwing bricks at the windows?   :lol

cool breeze

« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2012, 11:16:20 AM »
I remember the mission where you drove Brucie around in a boat for half an hour or something.  Not exactly memorable for the right reasons.

Himu

« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
Three Leaf Clover sucked. You don't even get to do the bank robbery, it is one long escape and we've done plenty of those it didn't even have you set up the robbery like in VC or SA, it's just hey come down with a suit and all of a sudden you're watching a cut scene instead of robbing the bank yourself. I don't understand how anyone who played Vice or San Andreas heist missions finds IV's bank robbery remotely good.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:16:45 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
it aint better than those, but its one of the only missions that approaches what could be considered fun so thats why people actually remember it
pcp

Himu

« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2012, 12:23:23 PM »
The best mission in IV is killing Faustin and then going to Romano's place and cab depot to find them burning. Broker (Brooklyn) part of IV's story was really good. Then all of a sudden you're doing missions for Elizabeta and these random drug pushers, and the story loses any sense of intimacy.

Another good mission is the mission your girlfriend turns out to be a cop.
IYKYK

drew

• sy
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2012, 12:24:47 PM »
didn't you quit the bore

what the fuck is wrong with you

Himu

« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
Demi asked me nicely.
IYKYK

drew

• sy
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2012, 12:29:27 PM »
himuboo, i love you.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2012, 12:33:42 PM »
The best mission in IV is killing Faustin and then going to Romano's place and cab depot to find them burning. Broker (Brooklyn) part of IV's story was really good. Then all of a sudden you're doing missions for Elizabeta and these random drug pushers, and the story loses any sense of intimacy.

you seem to be heavily confusing story stuff for gameplay.   

Three Leaf Clover was fun because the tension is high the whole time, as you make a complete fucking mess of a large portion of the city.  The game needed more insane situations like that. 

Himu

« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2012, 12:45:32 PM »
Don, when you start doing missions the McReary's you also start doing them for the mafia. Then start balancing the Irish family with Italian gangsters like Ray. The McRearys actually have the most varied missions in the game. Like killing the lawyer for Francis after sending your CV, or kidnapping Gracie for ransom mission. Those are pretty good, and it's topped with fratricide. I chose Derrick, what a fuck up.

I think the moral of the story is 30 or so missions that are memorable ala SR3 > a bunch of throw away missions for characters who have no impact on plot. Doing things > bloat.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2012, 12:49:05 PM »

Three Leaf Clover was fun because the tension is high the whole time, as you make a complete fucking mess of a large portion of the city.  The game needed more insane situations like that.

Fuck that shit. What tension? It is running from cops, something you've done the entire game. The only "tension" is dying and having to start that shit mission over. The biggest compliment I can get TLC is using the actual city as a mission set piece rather than another boring warehouse
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
I hope it's not another GTA where the trailer is better than the game. I like the bright and sunny visuals, its a nice change of pace from the muddy look GTA4 had. Cutscene animation is still really awkward though. I'll try before I buy, for some reason even if I've never been a fan of the series since 3 (played em all except the 2D ones and Chinatown Wars) I still like to follow them more than the majority of western big-budget games.
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »
Tiesto, if you've got a PSP, DS, iOS device, or Android device, you should give Chinatown Wars a shot. It's got a lot of the feeling of GTA-III-era gameplay and story. The only thing it's missing is satiric radio. Great game despite that.

From that gtattrailercomments:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »

Fuck that shit. What tension? It is running from cops, something you've done the entire game. The only "tension" is dying and having to start that shit mission over. The biggest compliment I can get TLC is using the actual city as a mission set piece rather than another boring warehouse

once again...video game