Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores  (Read 230411 times)

KissVibes

• tranquillo
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #7200 on: January 09, 2019, 07:10:29 PM »
AEW is the promotion for vanilla midgets, it seems.
REAL

Stro

« Reply #7201 on: January 09, 2019, 07:40:26 PM »
Well...yeah. It's started by Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7202 on: January 11, 2019, 03:36:05 PM »
Dirt sheets on why Lars Sullivan has yet to appear on either Raw or SD.  If he has this kind of performance anxiety, how did they not catch it in NXT?

-- As noted, WWE has tentatively planned for a John Cena vs. Lars Sullivan match at WrestleMania, however, behind-the-scenes developments this week have caused uncertainty on whether this match will actually take place.

-- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Sullivan was actually scheduled to debut on the main roster this week, working dark matches on Raw and Smackdown. However, due to an "anxiety attack", he either didn't show up to Raw or left early. WWE officials made contact with him and "smoothed things over" but the next night at Smackdown, he never showed up to the event at all and ended up flying back to his his home in Colorado.

-- At this point, nothing is known on if WWE will continue the anticipated monster push that was scheduled. Perhaps there won't be a sign until the Royal Rumble as that is when the angle leading to the WrestleMania match was expected to begin. While WWE is significantly more understanding of mental health issues after their experiences with Mauro Ranallo, it's still up in the air whether the company will remain committed to Sullivan or whether they will decide that it's too risky to invest in him that heavily.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7203 on: January 11, 2019, 04:25:56 PM »
i was surprised they were going that hard with him anyway. he doesn't seem to be a standout dude in looks or ring ability.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7204 on: January 11, 2019, 05:01:06 PM »
i was surprised they were going that hard with him anyway. he doesn't seem to be a standout dude in looks or ring ability.

He looks like he could be the next SNITSKY!
ど助平

Stro

« Reply #7205 on: January 11, 2019, 05:03:22 PM »
He's pretty good, imo. Stands out today since there are no freak looking dudes anymore. Lars vs Keith Lee on NXT TV a couple weeks back was the most fun big man match WWE has had in quite some time. Also had a good Takeover match with Alister Black, and has a 5 star match under his belt.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7206 on: January 12, 2019, 04:41:18 PM »
NXT UK Takeover was pretty good.  Dunno who Walter is but the crowd went nuts for him when he came out at the end.
ど助平

Stro

« Reply #7207 on: January 12, 2019, 05:02:31 PM »
Walter has pretty much been the most in demand non-NJ/WWE act in the world in the past year. The reddit list I posted a few days ago has a bunch of his matches from 2018. He got some crazy deal from WWE where he can stay in Germany and run his company's dojo, work pretty much anywhere (IE all the UK indies, PWG, etc), never have to work in America or come to the main roster if he doesn't want to, which he has said many times he has no interest in being on Raw/SD but will probably do NXT from time to time.

Basically got main event money to work UK NXT when he feels like it and not go to New Japan or AEW.

He looks like a giant baby and chops the shit out of people.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7208 on: January 12, 2019, 05:48:13 PM »
Walter has pretty much been the most in demand non-NJ/WWE act in the world in the past year. The reddit list I posted a few days ago has a bunch of his matches from 2018. He got some crazy deal from WWE where he can stay in Germany and run his company's dojo, work pretty much anywhere (IE all the UK indies, PWG, etc), never have to work in America or come to the main roster if he doesn't want to, which he has said many times he has no interest in being on Raw/SD but will probably do NXT from time to time.

Basically got main event money to work UK NXT when he feels like it and not go to New Japan or AEW.

He looks like a giant baby and chops the shit out of people.

:crazy
ど助平

Stro

« Reply #7209 on: January 12, 2019, 05:55:44 PM »
WWE been offering some wild contracts in the past 6 months. The one they offered the Young Bucks allowed them to keep doing Being The Elite, a guaranteed Rumble to WM storyline, and they had a 6 month out clause if they weren't happy with their booking. Kenny got offered 7 figures.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7210 on: January 12, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
They must really have a lot of faith in AEW.
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7211 on: January 12, 2019, 06:41:30 PM »
They also have someone with more money than Vince backing them. :doge
Hi

Stro

« Reply #7212 on: January 12, 2019, 06:46:44 PM »
And aren't putting any of their money into it. Worst comes to worst, AEW fizzles out, everyone involved goes back to NJ (if they aren't working with them anyway, which they probably will end up doing so) or gets offered WWE deals anyway. But the scenario they're banking on is it works out, they're in complete control of their careers, running their own company with a billionaire's money, taking whatever dates they feel like taking on the side.

filler

• Love you guys :)
« Reply #7213 on: January 13, 2019, 03:25:37 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7214 on: January 14, 2019, 11:02:14 PM »
Braun out, Balor in versus Lesnar at the Rumble.  Guess it doesn't matter since Lesnar is going to stay champ so he can drop the belt to Rollins at Mania. :zzz
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7215 on: January 14, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »
6:10~  What the fuck?  :lol 

I take it this means Vince has no faith in Heavy Machinery and they'll be a dumb comedy act?
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7216 on: January 14, 2019, 11:20:06 PM »
worthwhile raw? i saw nikki cross was there and lashley won the ic title

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7217 on: January 14, 2019, 11:21:51 PM »
having a seth/balor match without the crowd throwing a tantrum over the red belt would be nice. also reading stro's apoplectic review of it would be entertaining

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7218 on: January 14, 2019, 11:35:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/Sodakick/status/1084935152319356928
:rofl

worthwhile raw? i saw nikki cross was there and lashley won the ic title

Only saw bits and pieces...didn't seem to be anything special. 
ど助平

Sideshow Raheem

« Reply #7219 on: January 15, 2019, 12:05:34 AM »
Turned on Raw for a minute, heard Vince McMahon refer to some wrestlers as "beef." It sounded awkward and out of place, so of course he repeated it.

Stro

« Reply #7220 on: January 15, 2019, 08:03:12 AM »
having a seth/balor match without the crowd throwing a tantrum over the red belt would be nice. also reading stro's apoplectic review of it would be entertaining

The only things making me apoplectic these days is are refs in every promotion in Japan besides NJ hanging and telegraphing 3 counts forever and ruining the timing of every near fall and the recentish "both these guys" chants that have yet to make it to WWE/NXT, but I fear will quite soon starting in the UK and spreading like the crabs.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

filler

« Reply #7223 on: January 19, 2019, 04:31:40 PM »

filler

« Reply #7224 on: January 19, 2019, 10:11:32 PM »

Stro

« Reply #7225 on: January 19, 2019, 10:13:21 PM »
I will not allow you to sully Bret Hart's name by associating him with that fucking goof

Trent Dole

« Reply #7226 on: January 20, 2019, 01:05:10 AM »
The excellence of excecuting the cleaning of your room.
Hi

TVC 15

• all the parties I go to are full of activists
« Reply #7227 on: January 20, 2019, 02:56:22 AM »
Does he think Bret Hart was always unlikable, never that great, and is the most overrated wrestler evar? If so, I’ll become one of JP’s followers.
serge

benjipwns

• I suggest you educate yourself on this matter.
« Reply #7228 on: January 20, 2019, 03:13:47 AM »
I didn't listen to the whole thing but it wasn't really about Hart particularly. His main point was that he's seen the Bret Hart documentary and it taught him why people watch wrestling. Because it uses standard story tropes.

mj8688
2 days ago
He missed the whole point of the documentary, that the morality of wrestling changes and leaves Bret, the archetypal hero, out on the fringes.
Graham Stephen
5 days ago
Jordan Peterson, a mark? Whodathunkit?
rainman11985
4 days ago (edited)
I was surprised to hear JP say that Bret wasn't a very sophisticated guy. In that doco he shows such deep knowledge of the psychology of a Pro Wrestling match. It's the type of deep knowledge that I thought JP respected. If they had a conversation about archetypal stories and hero and villain relationships Bret wouldn't miss a beat and I' sure would give JP examples and nuances he'd never heard before.
barrelrolldog
2 days ago
so JPs deep point about wrestling is that bret hart isn't sophisticated and wrestling isn't sophisticated? its a form of storytelling for dummies who can't read?

am i supposed to be impressed by this assessment or what? who doesn't know wrestling is storytelling? some people don't read and watch wrestling tv and movies instead? truly mind blowing stuff...

and bret hart is sophisticated actually. in the world of wresting he was the guy having amazing technical matches. and out of the ring he is a smart guy, bitter sure but i'm not sure why he deserves to be labelled unsophisticated. seems like more of a bias from JP against wrestling and wrestlers than anything else.

wobbly nostrils
3 days ago
Do these kids know how lucky they are to have such a great teacher?
Owen Sheridan
1 week ago (edited)
THAT GUY UP ON THE FRONT ROW TYPING ON HIS LAP TOP AND SCRUTINIZING HIS IPHONE IS IGNORANCE PERSONIFIED....BUT I GUESS LIFE WILL CHANGE THAT FOR HIM.
salad

benjipwns

• I suggest you educate yourself on this matter.
« Reply #7229 on: January 20, 2019, 03:16:40 AM »
The best part is he goes "we have ten minutes left so I'll take questions on anything", some girl asks a question and he starts rambling about the Bret Hart documentary and how Stu Hart trained his kids and has to ask the girl to repeat the question, then he ignores it again to start rambling on even more for another 15 minutes based on how much time is left in this video.

But stories. That seems to be the main thing. People like stories. Bret Hart was in stories so Canada liked him.
salad

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7230 on: January 21, 2019, 10:40:14 PM »
Dunno if it was on TV, but WWE is saying that Drew hurt Cena and his Rumble status is up in the air now.  So I guess Cena will be a "surprise" entrant now. :zzz

Raw:

Vince comes out to bury Finn Balor right in front of him, Braun, Lesnar, and Heyman.  YOUR RAW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! :zzz

When you think of Martin Luther King, Jr. and civil rights, you think of SETH FREAKIN' ROLLINS...?

Alexa Bliss announced she's going to be in the Rumble.  Cleared, or dumb one second spot incoming? :thinking

Lacey Evans comes out to grab the mic from her and hits herself in the head so that her hat is covering her face right after.  :lol

Heavy Machinery made their debut.  I still think they're kinda goofy but the chunkier of the two can do the worm so maybe Vince will take a liking to them.  Best part of the match is when Cole says that Tucker Knight's nick name is "all knight long" or some shit because of how he can go in the ring, then Graves says "are you SURE that's why?"  LOL.

The Revival beat up guest referee Curt Hawkins, who is then saved by...ZACK RYDER!  :o  HOLY SHIT RYDER ON RAW FOR THE SECOND TIME IN LIKE A YEAR!

And then Ronda just cut an awful, awful live promo and is out in the ring and I dunno if I'm watching this main event.

Pretty awful for a Rumble build-up show, as expected.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:51:12 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7231 on: January 21, 2019, 10:50:35 PM »
Velveteen Dream posted this dumb shit on Twitter.  Apparently he's pissed that he's not going to be on Saturday's Takeover.

I Know My Worth.
    The past year I’ve created a special atmosphere at NXTTAKEOVER.

Until WE* can come 2 an agreement as 2 what MY WORTH actually is, there won’t be any appearances or performances from
    “The Velveteen DREAM” or
    my likeness.

~ Thank U

— The DREAM (@VelveteenWWE) January 21, 2019

Now his Twitter account is protected.  :lol I hope for his sake this is a work.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #7232 on: January 22, 2019, 04:50:49 AM »
It's locked and has a total of nine tweets. See you at AEW when your contract runs out dude?
Hi

Stro

« Reply #7233 on: January 22, 2019, 06:32:11 AM »
That's blatantly fucking with the smarks and I'd say it's 100% he's going to be in the Rumble and if not most definitely called up after WM.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7234 on: January 22, 2019, 09:58:16 AM »
I doubt he'll be in the Rumble, there's some dumb NXT/205 live tournament Royal Rumble weekend where the winner gets a title shot on their brand, and Dream is in it. I guess he could work multiple matches (assuming he goes far in the tournament if not wins it) and show up in the Rumble, tho
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 09:00:21 AM by bork »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7236 on: January 23, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »
:dead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7237 on: January 23, 2019, 10:07:39 AM »
Asuka seriously needs a mouthpiece- get her a manager, stat.  Having someone do the talking for her and just having her say a few things in English and/or talk shit in holy-fuck tough n' gruff Kansai accent is enough to get her over on air, but it doesn't work on Twitter.  :doge
ど助平

Stro

« Reply #7238 on: January 23, 2019, 11:00:43 AM »
Btw Dream is on this week's NXT, marks

porkbun

« Reply #7239 on: January 23, 2019, 11:43:02 AM »
Askua's Twitter has been a bit bizarre lately

I tapped into my sleeping psychic abilities after reaching twenty five.
I don’t use cellphones as a matter of principle, so I prefer to communicate telepathically

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7240 on: January 23, 2019, 12:57:31 PM »
Btw Dream is on this week's NXT, marks

You mean this week's NXT... which was recorded weeks ago???

(still think his tweet was a work tho)
yar