Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 925829 times)

Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw
« Reply #11400 on: January 30, 2022, 03:17:27 PM »
Great to see the perennial contender and world's greatest wrestler Shane McMahon throwing fists in the rumble.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #11401 on: January 30, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »
ngl I have a soft spot for Shane and enjoy his silly matches :trumps
(ice)

« Reply #11402 on: January 30, 2022, 05:26:23 PM »
ngl I have a soft spot for Shane and enjoy his silly matches :trumps

I respect that opinion. Guy has guts, certainly.

I just think if you're going to have Johnny Knoxville and Bad Bunny in your Royal Rumble, maybe you give Sugar Shane's spot to a full-timer.

OOPS: Twitter says Sugar Shane got fired by dad. Don't know if it's true, but man...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 01:55:26 PM by Sideshow Raheem »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11403 on: February 15, 2022, 03:25:15 PM »
Cody Rhodes(and Brandi probs) is going back to WWE :cody
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11404 on: February 15, 2022, 03:58:13 PM »
Cody Rhodes(and Brandi probs) is going back to WWE :cody

He is/was the executive vice president of AEW, too.  That is crazy.
ど助平

« Reply #11405 on: February 19, 2022, 10:30:45 PM »
Today I learned Saudi Arabia is great and also progressive because it let women wrestlers dance with sticks.

On an unrelated note, I can't wait until this country -- and all countries -- wean themselves off big oil.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11406 on: March 08, 2022, 04:44:23 PM »
I had some spare psn credit so out it to buying the mark edition of WWE2K22 :stahp

Turns out it's pretty fun, by far the best it's been since under 2k and maybe the best since here comes the pain(so far) :titus

(ice)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11407 on: March 09, 2022, 02:29:55 AM »
I had some spare psn credit so out it to buying the mark edition of WWE2K22 :stahp

Turns out it's pretty fun, by far the best it's been since under 2k and maybe the best since here comes the pain(so far) :titus
I'm anxious to hear more. When the Yuke's to 2K transition really happened, apparently it was remarkably buggy. I'm hoping it recovers and does well. Fans deserve a good game.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11408 on: March 09, 2022, 07:04:54 AM »

I'm anxious to hear more. When the Yuke's to 2K transition really happened, apparently it was remarkably buggy. I'm hoping it recovers and does well. Fans deserve a good game.

Last I saw, WWE started talking to EA about developing their games.  This year's game is the last one they have on their contract with 2K.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11409 on: March 09, 2022, 07:18:24 AM »
WWE Backstage Assault pls :rash
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11410 on: March 25, 2022, 01:58:48 PM »
Triple H has retired, which robs us of seeing what would have been one of the most self indulgent matches of all time v Cody Rhodes :stahp
(ice)

« Reply #11411 on: March 31, 2022, 10:26:39 AM »
Triple H has retired, which robs us of seeing what would have been one of the most self indulgent matches of all time v Cody Rhodes :stahp

We still may get Sugar Shane vs. Seth Rollins.

Wrestlemania is two days again. I guess I'm interested in some of the matches. Oh, and I'd like to see Asuka do something, even if she's not wrestling.

Pissy F Benny

(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11413 on: June 17, 2022, 08:34:29 AM »
VINCE OUT :titus

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/wwe-vince-mcmahon-steps-back-misconduct-investigation-1235166429/

Still booking tho :neogaf

It has appointed McMahon’s daughter Stephanie to serve as interim CEO and interim chairwoman, WWE also said on Friday.

:cornette

So that's-

-Stephanie leaves her position as chief brand officer "to spend time with family"
-Vince is alleged to have had an affair with a younger former employee and possibly used company funds to pay her hush money
-Vince allegedly "pawned her off" to John Laurinaitis
-Kevin Dunn is rumored to have been doing insider trading with WWE stock
-Vince steps down as CEO temporarily and is replaced by Stephanie

This is the best WWE storyline in years.   :doge

I bet nothing ends up happening to Vince, but Laurinaitis will be gone.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11414 on: June 17, 2022, 08:40:21 AM »
I'm surprised Big Johnny is still there tbh, but as long as nothing sexually harassmenty about Vince comes out, it turns out he didn't use company cash to pay his hoes off and the story doesn't go past "sleazy man in sleazy behaviour shocker", I think Vince will take back over in 6 months or so when theres only Bix left who cares about the story.

Hopefully that ugly bitch Kevin Dunn eats shit :trumps
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 09:03:44 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11415 on: June 17, 2022, 10:09:07 AM »
Vince is gonna be on smack down tonight, probably starting the Vince is homeless angle :hyper

Hopefully this all results in some unhinged TV.
(ice)

« Reply #11416 on: June 17, 2022, 12:15:51 PM »
I'm surprised Big Johnny is still there tbh, but as long as nothing sexually harassmenty about Vince comes out, it turns out he didn't use company cash to pay his hoes off and the story doesn't go past "sleazy man in sleazy behaviour shocker", I think Vince will take back over in 6 months or so when theres only Bix left who cares about the story.

Hopefully that ugly bitch Kevin Dunn eats shit :trumps

I think a concern was Vince gave the woman a sizable raise during their affair. So the board might take exception to that.

Listened to the wrestling news on youtube. It's alleged Vince had multiple payoffs/NDAs etc., for this stuff.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11417 on: June 17, 2022, 12:40:10 PM »
As long as he paid them off out of his own pocket though he should be ok and I can't see the board giving him more than a slap on the wrist over a few unearned raises and promotions (or even having the power to, Vince and the McMahons control most of the voting rights anyway I believe).

Imagine if his downfall comes from being a cheapskate and paying off his side pieces with company money after all of the jams he's wiggled out of over the years though :doge
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11420 on: July 22, 2022, 07:23:27 PM »
Vince has officially retired.
:titus

Guess that scandal was just too much for even the genetic jackhammer.  Never thought that would happen. I was certain that he would die on the job.

Nick Khan and Stephanie McMahon are co-ceos and Stephanie is still chairwoman.  Vince is still the majority shareholder of the company.

Reportedly Brock also walked out following this.  Kevin Dunn may also be gone.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11421 on: July 22, 2022, 07:52:55 PM »
Kevin Dunn gone would be huge, he's a monumental piece of shit by all accounts but Vince had a weird loyalty to him (there's a kind of stupid reason he's still around that I can't remember off the top of my head). The Brock stuff is coming from Bryan Alvarez last I saw so take with a giant pinch of salt.

Someone must have found the headshot on Vince, I'm guessing a couple of his alleged 'internal detractors' :hhh
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11422 on: July 22, 2022, 07:59:06 PM »
Found it, told you it was stupid

For years, a long-standing rumor had been shared amongst wrestling fans regarding Executive Vice President of TV Production Kevin Dunn. The story, which had been making the rounds on Reddit years ago, was that Dunn’s father had saved WWF tapes from a burning trailer. Vince McMahon supposedly felt so indebted to Dunn and his father that he guaranteed them jobs for life.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/11/long-rumored-kevin-dunn-wwe-story-reportedly-true/
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11423 on: July 22, 2022, 10:00:06 PM »
Bryan Alvarez had incorrect info :titus
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11424 on: July 23, 2022, 12:31:47 AM »
Bryan Alvarez had incorrect info :titus

It appears Alvarez was initially right and they got Brock to come back.

After news broke that Vince McMahon had retired, reports quickly followed that Brock Lesnar responded to that news by getting good and pissed off enough about it to walk out of Friday Night SmackDown, where he was planned to appear in Boston. This led to the company apparently trying to put together a backup plan for SummerSlam while still trying to get “The Beast” to reconsider.

He did just that.

Despite reports that a script was written up that didn’t include him just before showtime, Lesnar walked right back into SmackDown following the conclusion of the main event. Theory, the Money in the Bank contract holder, was in the middle of the ring when that familiar riff hit the speakers and the commentary team had this to say:

Pat McAfee: “I thought...”

Michael Cole: “I did too!”

It seemed to be a clever way to acknowledge that something was amiss without outright admitting that there was turmoil. Of course, there will undoubtedly be speculation from fans that it was all a big work, but business is business and Brock is a businessman before anything else.

I can believe it since they didn't talk about Brock, Roman, or their match at any point during the show (at least what I watched, anyway).
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11425 on: July 30, 2022, 08:38:45 PM »
You can tell Paul is in charge of the product now, Dakota Kai is back after being released like 6 weeks ago, and Lo Shirai who had one foot out of the door last I read.

I suspect Tony Khan was counting down the days until Dakota Kai's no compete was up cuz she's a cut above anyone they have in their women's division :thinking
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11426 on: July 30, 2022, 08:57:42 PM »
And Logan Paul is the best worker on the planet :titus
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11427 on: July 31, 2022, 11:48:47 AM »
And Logan Paul is the best worker on the planet :titus

He got the crowd behind him by the end of the match- respect for that.

...Still don't like him.
 :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11428 on: July 31, 2022, 11:50:31 AM »
You gotta wonder what Vince was thinking when Bayley popped up with Io Shirai Iyo Sky and the now rehired Dakota Kai.  There's rumblings that Becky's face turn was a HHH thing too.
:heh
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11429 on: July 31, 2022, 01:24:19 PM »
I think they'd have done the Becky face turn anyway, it made sense as part of the whole story, but then again with 2022 Vince who the fuck knows.

Apparently Vince turned down a pitch of that very faction before Dakota Kai was released :heyman

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1553626501567979520
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 01:30:28 PM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11430 on: September 03, 2022, 03:45:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1566138387463131136

LOL at Edge's expression here.

LMAO at the Judgement Day's reaction.

So good I had to emote it.

:judgement
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11431 on: September 03, 2022, 06:54:20 PM »
Dom's clothesline was pretty nice tbf.
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11432 on: September 03, 2022, 06:58:56 PM »
Rey still being one of the best wrestlers in the world even though his knees has were shot nearly 25 years ago is kinda insane, when altheletes in real sports are allowed to do stem cells it's gonna be fucking wild.
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11433 on: September 05, 2022, 12:03:35 PM »

CM Punk taking a liquid shit all over Colt Cabana and the Young Bucks and Omegas crew while Tony Khan sits there coked out of his mind thinking oh shit :lol :lol :lol

Apparently ol MMA Phil finally picked up his first shoot fight win and whooped either one of or both of the Bucks afterwards :cornette
(ice)

I am (not) a weeb

« Reply #11434 on: September 05, 2022, 06:22:50 PM »
I wonder how many leg slaps they did during the fight
dweeb

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11435 on: September 05, 2022, 11:38:35 PM »
"The Observer reports an actual fight went down, with Punk “starting things by swinging fists at The Bucks’ Matt Jackson.” Punk’s trainer, Ace Steel, was also involved and apparently threw a chair that hit Nick Jackson in the eye. Kenny Omega was also allegedly involved and Steel apparently bit him and grabbed his hair."

:titus

https://twitter.com/embracedvision/status/1566920014934024192
 :heh
ど助平

Kurt Russell

« Reply #11436 on: September 06, 2022, 06:43:55 AM »
Apparently ol MMA Phil finally picked up his first shoot fight win and whooped either one of or both of the Bucks afterwards :cornette

May have been the only time they've ever sold anything.
woke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11437 on: September 06, 2022, 09:23:41 AM »
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11438 on: September 06, 2022, 11:02:56 AM »
It would be quite funny if the Olivier crew quit and went to WWE :hmm

Not that I want the young bucks garbage in particular anywhere but the Indies where it belongs.

I wouldn't want to be in Tony Khan's shoes rn, but he's seemingly more in his feelings about WWE running shows that weekend and Triple H having little jab at them in an interview  than anything :lol
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 11:09:25 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11439 on: September 06, 2022, 11:19:42 AM »
If it was up to me I'd keep the elite under contract until they run out and assign them to have spot fests in Dave Meltzers back yard with their pals and not put them on TV no more :rash
(ice)

Kurt Russell

« Reply #11440 on: September 06, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
The real answer here would be for The Elite to be squashed by the Prince Justice Brotherhood on their first trios defence and then to be suspended.  :doge
woke

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11441 on: September 06, 2022, 04:36:56 PM »
Sounds like Phil Brooks may (or may not :shh) be free to resume his MMA career :titus

If true I highly doubt he will be going to WWE, unless on the off chance they wanna cash in on the drama (he hates HHH more than Vince iirc, most of the roster from around the time he was there can't stand him, Reigns in particular seems to hate his guts, his presence in AEW is one of the reasons Cody bounced earlier this year).

He's also AEW's biggest draw by a far distance by the looks of it, what a mess :girlaff
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 04:41:35 PM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11442 on: September 21, 2022, 08:46:27 PM »
Watching the big AEW tennis stadium show and the production work is beyond horrendous. Its like the worst of TNA on crack. Watch this dog shit and you'll be annointing Kevin Dunn's Taken knock off shit as Oscar worthy :doge
(ice)

« Reply #11443 on: October 09, 2022, 05:05:19 PM »
The big news is Bray Wyatt is back.

I may be out of touch, but I never found the puppets and nursery rhymes interesting. And I thought Bray Wyatt did the most he could with the gimmick, but I can't imagine looking at his body of work and thinking my wrestling concern really needs to re-sign the guy.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11444 on: October 09, 2022, 05:54:21 PM »
He sux by and large and I've never been a fan outside of some of the very early stuff (:snob) like the shield feud, but they did an increible job building it, even I was pretty hyped.

Let's see how it goes, hopefully they keep it a bit more grounded now Vince is gone :elon

BTW the real story of the night was Karrion Kross getting Marc Mero'd by Scarlett and her outfit :lawd
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11445 on: October 09, 2022, 05:59:17 PM »
Speaking of the Shield, Jon Moxley signed a 5 year extension with AEW which has to be one of the stupidest moves in modern wrestling history. Even if he doesn't give a shit about the money or going back to WWE, who the fuck knows where they're going to be in 2 years let alone 5. Dude could be in a TNA level purgatory for all we know in a couple of years.
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11446 on: December 14, 2022, 03:43:23 PM »
HOT WWF NEWZ

Vince wants back in, no one in the company wants him back :girlaff

Mandy Rose fired for posting explicit content on an only fans knock off :titus
spoiler (click to show/hide)
the vid is on twitter :drool
[close]

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Mandy Rose thing seems to be a copro sponsor, probably Mattell, kicking up a stink about the clip
[close]
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11447 on: December 14, 2022, 03:57:19 PM »
That’s considered explicit?  :wut
Margs

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11448 on: December 14, 2022, 04:01:22 PM »
Not to me m8 :shaqc
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11449 on: December 15, 2022, 12:32:04 PM »
Further details are continuing to emerge regarding WWE’s firing of Mandy Rose due to her paid content service.

It’s worth reiterating a misconception – WWE didn’t fire Rose just because of the fact she had a subscription service, but more so because of the nature of what she was posting on there, which, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, the company believes “way, way, way crossed the line”.

Of course you can still argue whether that’s right or wrong on WWE’s part, but it’s important to note that distinction.

Meltzer explained how NXT booker Shawn Michaels found out, and what his immediate reaction was, saying:

“They switched the whole show around because they – what happened was, there was a meeting and Matt Bloom brought to Shawn Michaels, told him what some of the stuff that she’s been putting on her subscription service is.

“And told Shawn what was there, and Shawn’s immediate thing was, ‘We’ve got to get the title off of her immediately’. Switched around the whole show, got the title off of her.”

If you use this transcription or any portion of it, please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page

Meltzer added that the plan was for Perez to win the title from Rose anyway, but it would have been on either January 10 or February 4, but instead, Michaels made the decision to hastily move it forward as soon as he found out what Rose had been posting.

The following day, news emerged that Mandy Rose had been released from her WWE contract.
Meltzer added:

“She’s had the subscription service, and it got popular and lucrative, and she went further and further, and the feeling was that she way, way, way crossed the line. And they believe that they had absolutely no choice but to get rid of her.”

If you use this transcription or any portion of it, please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page

Fightful Select previously reported that Rose had indicated to people in recent months that she did realize what she was posting could get her in trouble with WWE management.

Rose’s reign with the NXT Women’s Title clocked in at 413 days, so it was just four days off being the second-longest NXT Women’s Title reign of all time behind Asuka’s.

:picard
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11450 on: December 15, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »
seems stupid all around really :fbm

I'd expect her back in a few months once it blows over and the simp bux start to dry up :elon
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11451 on: December 20, 2022, 10:53:36 AM »
So apparently Mandy Rose made 500 large (brother) in the last week alone. Simps are fucking wild yo :doge
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11452 on: December 20, 2022, 01:08:55 PM »
So apparently Mandy Rose made 500 large (brother) in the last week alone. Simps are fucking wild yo :doge

And she raised the membership fee according to that same report.
:money

There's doubt that all those people will keep paying long-term.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11453 on: December 20, 2022, 01:17:37 PM »
oh yeah for sure, Zelina Vega's simp bux dried up pretty quick when she was off TV when she was fired over the twitch nonsense (granted this was twitch not lewds) and she was back like 6 months later.

I kinda expect the same thing to happen here, but she might as well make that basically free money while she can tho :trumps
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11454 on: January 10, 2023, 07:47:37 PM »
Vince back

Stephanie quit

What's next? 
ど助平

Borealis

« Reply #11455 on: January 10, 2023, 11:58:21 PM »
The Saudis :(

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11456 on: January 11, 2023, 04:52:59 AM »
I'd truly love to know how much Stephanie and Vince hate each other now :thinking
(ice)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11457 on: January 12, 2023, 12:06:24 AM »
I'd truly love to know how much Stephanie and Vince hate each other now :thinking

The sad truth is that an unscripted reality show of them dealing with each other would be more entertaining than the last 10 years of WWE.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11458 on: January 12, 2023, 10:18:02 AM »
The Saudis :(

Now the dirt sheets are saying this isn't happening.  Nobody knows.

The sad truth is that an unscripted reality show of them dealing with each other would be more entertaining than the last 10 years of WWE.

The behind the scenes stuff has always made for better storylines than what's on TV- a fictionalized version of this would make for a good drama.  I think the show Heels is about this, but I haven't seen it.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11459 on: January 12, 2023, 12:18:35 PM »
I'm sure the Saudis are in the mix, but the story that they'd been sold to them was always fishy for many reasons, including why the fuck would BODYSLAM DOT NET (can't say I'm familiar) be the ones to break one of the major corporate sales of the year.

Not sure what the Saudi's would really get out of it tbh ,unless they're launching their own streaming service. It's not like their golf tour is winning them hearts and minds is it?

Also unsure if Vince will be staying around, he's not worked for anyone else for 40 years now and probably 50 plus since his boss wasn't his dad. Not sure he'd be able to handle not being the be all and end all.
(ice)