Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons  (Read 135757 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: Puzzle and Dragons
« Reply #1200 on: April 27, 2014, 01:55:18 PM »
It's pretty a awesome game;  very addicting.  It also preys on gambling addiction. 

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1201 on: April 27, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »
There's really no reason for fandrex to NOT play the game.

1) He loves grindy shit like Pokemans and Monster Hunter
2) It's available on Android
3) GungHo supported his precious 'tendo with a DS version of the game

Only thing stopping him is his fear of new experiences.
yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1202 on: April 27, 2014, 02:13:31 PM »
Ya, this is basically a good version of pokemon without all the jank. 

I do wish is had an exploratory rpg mode that I could play though.

Tasty

« Reply #1203 on: April 27, 2014, 02:27:28 PM »
Only thing stopping me is the reputation this game and the people who play it have. :lol But that doesn't really bother me enough to get in the way of playing it myself.

Although, in retrospect asking people on the 28th page of an OT for a game how they like it is probably like going to Vegas and asking if people like to gamble.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1204 on: April 27, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »
::)

The "addictive" argument is a load of shit. Ask Magoose how much money he's sunk into it. Oh wait, you don't have to, because you KNOW he's a cheap fuck.

The gameplay is quite good and will keep you coming back over the lengthy time it will take you to grind if you go the non-IAP route. If you want pointers, ask. You're better off waiting to start until there's a decent godfest so the first pull you get will have better odds at landing you an awesome main monster, though.
yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1205 on: April 27, 2014, 02:35:36 PM »
Ya start around the end of the month.  The next godfest has one of the best new gods in it. 

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1206 on: April 27, 2014, 07:56:09 PM »
fandrex so bored with nintendo that he has to come here trying to troll :heh

anyway, it turns out that uvo belial is F/F instead of F/L, still i think having all these monster losing their secondary element is pretty idiotic

in other news, the two uvo mask also seems to be skill up materials, the blue mask is the skill-up for orochi and the green mask is the skill-up for avalon drake (a monster that we still don't have that change the whole board to wood and light)

god i really hoped i would never get a monster that requires one of those uvo material to skill-up :fbm

<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1207 on: April 27, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »
"the blue mask is the skill-up for orochi"

O shit;  I am so hard right now.  A 20 turn Orochi + skill boosts will make me unstoppable.  Also the masks should be on the Wednesday mythical level right?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:06:02 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1208 on: April 27, 2014, 08:16:41 PM »
"the blue mask is the skill-up for orochi"

O shit;  I am so hard right now.  A 20 turn Orochi + skill boosts will make me unstoppable.  Also the masks should be on the Wednesday mythical level right?

yep, no idea how hard the dungeon will be
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1209 on: April 27, 2014, 08:45:23 PM »
Don't care;  will spend stones for the 20% skill up chance :(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1210 on: April 27, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »
I'm just letting my stones stockpile, hoping for a Riders Godfest...

:fbm
yar

Tasty

« Reply #1211 on: April 27, 2014, 09:33:32 PM »
fandrex so bored with nintendo that he has to come here trying to troll :heh

??? Wasn't trying to troll at all. I just installed the game.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1212 on: April 28, 2014, 09:43:47 AM »
I'm just letting my stones stockpile, hoping for a Riders Godfest...

:fbm

so you can score 1 of every rider except gryps? :heh

??? Wasn't trying to troll at all. I just installed the game.

some pointer if you are going to start... basicaly there are two ways to get monster in this game

- the first one is to pull out of the REM, this is a slot machine that pops out random monster of rarity between 3 and 5, the first roll is free so you want to start with a 5 star monster, the chance of getting a 5 star is pretty low but once every 15 days, the odds raises to decent for a specific subset of monster, this is called a godfest and we are going to have one in the next 2 days with the new set of gods so you might decide to actualy start for real when that happens

as for the gods, you want to start from something on this list that has at least 4 stars

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Valuable_Monsters

if you get any of the chinese, any of the red/green/blue egyptian, or archangel lucifer you've struck gold

each roll after the first cost 5 magic stones, this is the premium currency of pad, but you get a shitload of free stones, in fact i don't think i'm exagerating saying that just finishing the game give you like 75$ worth of premium currency, when godfest are coming they also usualy come together paired with event which also give you more free stones in fact we are having one right now

if you do decide to wait for the godfest as the odd sucks outside of one, try to aim for either lu bu, sun quan,xiao qiao or any of the special monster that are mentioned on that list

- the second are descend, these are super hard dungeon that give you exclusive monster, but you need to be pretty far in the game before you can tackle one

- lastly some of the usefull but lower rarity monster drops from normal dungeon, the odd of them dropping aren't that high but getting one helps

<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1213 on: April 28, 2014, 02:12:34 PM »
L/Led my Ra.  Going to deevolve my Yomi and D/L it.  That means I can't F/L my horus but what ever.  I think L/L Ra will work in any descend F/L horus would. 

Also when I team up with another LL Ra, I have 2.5 extra seconds. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1214 on: April 29, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »
New mask dungeon looks doable if you have a shit ton of skill resist monsters (which I do)

I think this team would work for me

Either Ra or Horus lead and the other one a sub. Yomi, Perseus (just for the skill resist) and the ultimate of Marine rider (which means I'll have to beat the dungeon at least twice just to get the evo material).

This has full skill lock resist and Ra's active for the last floor.

Basically I should just need to stall enough for Ra's active on the last floor, and be able to combo enough for the second floor.

Also the riders are going to rock this dungeon with their two two-pronges.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1215 on: April 29, 2014, 02:02:11 PM »
seems like the perfect dungeon for bastet

in other news, i got draggie with the 4 leek team above, but i had to stone because the guy still hit for like 9,000 every round after going below 25% hp and even with 6.25x hp you have less than 18,000

i really hate low cost dungeon
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2014, 02:48:56 PM »
Ya they are worst.  Even the loot on them is shit too.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1217 on: April 30, 2014, 08:39:11 AM »
i finaly defeated gold keeper yesterday but it was not a nice experience, the standard kirin subs just don't have enough hp to get you up to 17,000 hp barring a full leveled team and several + eggs so i was forced to replace echidna with orochi, on round 4 you have to heal for back to full health AND kill the gold keeper in 3 turns or otherwise he one-shots you no matter what

then you get to the gold keeper and his HP pool is huge,it took me like 6 kirin burst before he died, and without a delayer the whole thing would have been just plain impossible

i wanted two gold keeper to use one on kirin and another on the dark mech dragon but really,the whole thing is an horrible horrible death trap
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1218 on: April 30, 2014, 10:02:24 AM »
ATTENTION PEOPLE!

if you are thinking of starting this game, doing it in 12 hours from now will give you better chance of pulling some really good starting monsters... in particular if you start off with lu bu, sun quan or even better xiao qiao, you are gold
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1219 on: April 30, 2014, 05:06:26 PM »
6 stones to do satan  :(

I went in with my LL Ra, forgetting that there was no hearts, then I was kicking ass until I got to satan and missed my delay by 1 turn. 

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1220 on: April 30, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »
with kirin i 0 stoned satan thrice because i wanted more satan to awoken him... but to be fair there are a lot of do or die moment, in fact my 2 last attempt ended in failure

<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1221 on: April 30, 2014, 05:20:18 PM »
Ya basically I did the gamblers fallacy where I felt I was too invested after 2 stones to stop. 

I was just going to do godfest with the stones anyways and I don't need any more spike leaders so meh.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1222 on: April 30, 2014, 11:11:53 PM »
pixie :(

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1223 on: May 01, 2014, 12:31:14 AM »
7 rolls stored up:

Minerva
Neptune
Ame no Uzume
Cao Cao :rock :rock :rock :rock

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1224 on: May 01, 2014, 08:48:24 AM »
Still not rolling.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1225 on: May 01, 2014, 09:01:29 AM »
i'm not pulling either, the new 3 kingdom monster are cool but greco-roman is poop
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1226 on: May 01, 2014, 09:56:30 AM »
golumn  :(

meh didn't really want anything badly anyways.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1227 on: May 01, 2014, 04:03:29 PM »
One more roll with the compensation stones and got the green/physical Guan Yu.  Which seems to be a mismatch of color and type, but as they keep adding monsters and ultimate evos, I imagine it'll be easier to fill out a team for him.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1228 on: May 01, 2014, 04:08:16 PM »
I want him for my Perseus team

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1229 on: May 01, 2014, 07:59:19 PM »
One more roll with the compensation stones and got the green/physical Guan Yu.  Which seems to be a mismatch of color and type, but as they keep adding monsters and ultimate evos, I imagine it'll be easier to fill out a team for him.

yeah the number of wood physical monster is pretty small and pretty much consist of parvaati,hercules (whose active totaly will tank guan yu skill might i add),tengu and the green golem... if we had the hunter x hunter collaboration there would also be gon but gon also comes with x4 atk when hp is full which means at that point you might as well use him as leader instead

that said i guess you could use him as a sub in the all physical monster kirin team considering he comes with an auto heal and 2 skill boost awakening
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1230 on: May 01, 2014, 10:39:02 PM »
w00t double hanzo skill up

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1231 on: May 02, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »
- fully awakened orochi
- uvo and fully awakened kirin
- rolling all my stones for apollo next time greek are coming
- living the dream
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1232 on: May 02, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »
I got n apollo, but no kirin :(

Actually I have Yomi so I don't even want Kirin :(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1233 on: May 02, 2014, 09:24:01 PM »
Busty Evo'd Lucifer, Hanzo and Siren

I'm playing catch-up after not playing for so long. With finals I don't have time to D3 it up, 15 minute spurts on PAD are fine tho.

...still not rolling until I get a Riders godfest, if such a thing will ever happen. :goty2
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1234 on: May 03, 2014, 07:35:18 AM »
i don't think you'll ever get a rider godfest, but in japan they do have special festival that break from the "element" mold and usualy feature odd monsters like the riders
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1235 on: May 06, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »
Two stoned gold keeper with llraw ll karin team.   Fuck those preemptives. 

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1236 on: May 06, 2014, 08:07:03 PM »
Two stoned gold keeper with llraw ll karin team.   Fuck those preemptives.

having a fully skilled heart maker makes things a looooooooooooot more easier, having 2 delays so you can pop one on round 4 and the other on round 6 is also a good idea
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1237 on: May 06, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »
I did two delays,  I lost a stone because I fucked up a combo on the last delay turn and 1 because I didn't heal enough before accidentally killing one of the keepers. 

Pretty sure now that I have done it, next time will be easier.   Also wish I had a golem on the team.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1238 on: May 06, 2014, 08:21:05 PM »
:rejoice fully skilled heart makers

I have a fully skilled siren and a DJ.
yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1239 on: May 06, 2014, 10:05:23 PM »
meh, heart makers are for chumps.  I live by the spike and die by the spike. 

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1240 on: May 06, 2014, 10:19:07 PM »
Uh. DAT SPIKE gets bigger when you make then break dem hearts, foo :wag
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1241 on: May 07, 2014, 02:47:27 AM »
Yup.  I use a Drawn Joker on my Satan team, even though you get no healing.  Combine it with a Vampire and you're almost guaranteed enough dark orbs to make two rows.

I've got fully skilled Verche, Valk, Vamp, Gigas, Cu Chu, Siren, Drawn Joker, Angelion, with Siegfried and Fortoytops just one skill-up away.

Also fully skilled Freyr, which seemed like a pointless stamina sink at the time (he was my original REM pull, so call it sentimentality), but now that I've got Ame and Cao Cao it's actually going to be very useful.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1242 on: May 07, 2014, 10:06:06 AM »
Yeah, I used to run a CDK on my Lucifer team, but DJ is just more versatile. Max skilling DJ and Vampire is an easy prospect now, and as a team they kick all kinds of ass.

And yeah, Healer team of Valk, Valk, Angelion, Siren and Echidna is too good.
yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1243 on: May 07, 2014, 02:00:58 PM »
Uh. DAT SPIKE gets bigger when you make then break dem hearts, foo :wag

Doesn't work with Ra. 

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1244 on: May 08, 2014, 07:24:55 AM »
- the next collaboration dungeon has been announced and it's going to be another ragnarok online collaboration... no mention about what skill up it contains but for the occasion they are going to release a mastering uvo

+100 ATK, gain a fire sub element and his leader skills get improved from "physical hp x2.5" to "physical hp x2.5 and atk x1.5", requires 5 more mastering to uvo

- there is a new instant dungeon that focuses on +eggs

- in a few days the descend rush dungeon is going to get released, rumor says it will feature things like a 10 million hp satan and a zeus-dios hitting you with a pre-empitive of over 22,000 damage, which sounds really fucking ridiculous

<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1245 on: May 08, 2014, 02:49:10 PM »
skill up list revealed

Fire Mob - Mitsuki (fire sticker girl) skill up
Water Mob - Merlion (pad z water mob) skill up
Wood Mob - Grimrock (pad z wood mob) skill up
Light Mob - Light Ripper skill up
Boss (require getting evoed) - Dark Ripper skill up

meeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1246 on: May 08, 2014, 05:16:51 PM »
so meh

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1247 on: May 14, 2014, 09:44:43 AM »
so this sounds like a really dumb idea...

- in japan starting from 16 to 30, everytime you enter a mythical difficulty dungeons there will be a chance that you will get invaded by a chinese monster (apparently what monster depends on the day and they switch around every day) decided to stall on a specific floor? TOO BAD! invade for you! here's leilan invading the chimera floor on zeus descend

- everytime you defeat a chinese they will drop an orb, the non-kirin orbs all contains the relative chinese skills and can be used to skill up the relative chinese, the light orb contains indra skill and can be used to skill up indra

- if you gather 3 RGB orbs and 2 copies each of either light or dark you can uvo fagan,there is no currently no artwork of the 2 fagan's but the improvement are the seguent

Light Fagan

- Gains light sub element
- Main Type becomes dragon, subtype become physical, loses god type
- +300 HP
- LS improved to "4x atk to dragons AND physical monster when hp is full"
- additional auto-recovery awakening

Dark Fagan

- Change main element to dark, also gains light sub element
- +50 HP/+40 ATK/+50 RCV
- LS improved to "4x atk to dragons when hp is above 80%"
- additional skill boost awakening
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:01:59 AM by magus »
<----

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1248 on: May 14, 2014, 11:13:45 AM »
- everytime you defeat a chinese they will drop an orb, the non-kirin orbs all contains the relative chinese skills and can be used to skill up the relative chinese, the light orb contains indra skill and can be used to skill up indra

I'm pretty sure this is how WWII started.
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1249 on: May 16, 2014, 09:16:50 AM »
man i hate this dumb bug that forced them to revoke all of the time limited event, i have like 20 pengdra in the box all awaiting to be evolved and now all my plains have been ruined

anyway the new godfest has been announced, indian/japanese 2.0... i think i'll roll since i'd really like to get a shiva

in other news...

- ECO Tiny alma is getting an uvo

- GC Crab from the Groover Coaster collaboration is also supposedly getting an uvo

- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there is a rumor that the next collaboration will be with dragon ball

<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1250 on: May 16, 2014, 10:55:21 AM »
ya I was going to finally max my EOS.  Which also means I can't roll.  I really want an Izanagi for double Ra with Yomi for an easy 98x.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1251 on: May 17, 2014, 09:47:14 AM »
i told myself i wouldn't spend all of my rolls on this godfest but somehow the godfest trolled me in a way that i tought wouldn't be possible which pushed me to do all 7 of them, so this is what i got

1. Gold Egg: OMFG WHAT LUCK,I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING... it's tiamat
2. Silver Egg: well allright i guess i could use a fruit dragon or another elemental or... oh it's siren...
3. Gold Egg: THIS IS IT, I CAN FEEL IT, TIME FOR SHIVA... oh, it's beast rider
4. Gold Egg. OMG ANOTHER GOLDEN EGG TODAY IT'S THE DAY,THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING... FUCKING HOMURA????????
5. Gold Egg. can we have a god now? oh! kushinada? thank you fucking god game even if i'm not sure what the heck i'm going to do with it
6. Gold Egg. so this is the 5th gold egg i'm pulling,surely this time it's going to be something usefull like ame-no-uzume,izanagi or shiva? indra...
7. Silver Egg. trashy dark golem

so to recap

i got 5 gold eggs, but only 2 gods and those 2 gods are indra and kushinada and i have no idea what to do with them because i already have bastet for a combo multipler god and indra just kinda sucks (though i guess he could fit my kirin team)
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1252 on: May 17, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »
I bulled and got the green healer girl.  That's like 4 godfests of being trolled in a roll.  :(

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1253 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
SSP is 2X tomorrow. 

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1254 on: May 20, 2014, 11:29:09 AM »
got the last skillup on echidna in a single try

got that dumb hrungnir drop thanks to the super leek tank team

update of today give us all of the recently revealed UVO's bringing us for the first time on the same level of stuff as the japanese version

<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1255 on: May 20, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »
Got my final 2 skill ups after running SSP 18 times.  fuck.  Time to start on a second one while it is 2x. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1256 on: May 20, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »
Are we going to get the new Wednesday dungeon tomorrow? 

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1257 on: May 20, 2014, 01:33:03 PM »
Are we going to get the new Wednesday dungeon tomorrow?

the evo that requires the new mask are in so i think so
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1258 on: May 20, 2014, 02:40:37 PM »
Going to keep a few stones for it then so I can do my rider.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1259 on: May 21, 2014, 09:58:47 AM »
FUCK.  I was doing really good.  Got to the forth floor and then when the red mask did sealing gaze I thought I was skill locked, when I wasn't so I dicked around the next turn and then my horus actually got skill locked (there is a little icon when that happens fyi).  I had Ra up too so I could have just used his active to clear the floor.   fuck.