Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons  (Read 137172 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Puzzle and Dragons
« Reply #1320 on: June 30, 2014, 09:29:14 PM »
Did you use Kirin? I'm just not sold on the effort for all these descends, the monsters are generally crap.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1321 on: June 30, 2014, 09:40:21 PM »
yeah, kirin/valk/angelion/echidna/orochi/kirin is pretty much the only team i use for descend content especialy now that i max skilled valk (i might switch orochi for sandalphon given that it basicaly buff all my subs and cover blue without being blue)

this new descend is long and has some annoying spots (like the usual monster that counts down 3 and then kills you) but it doesn't have anything that will instantly murder you, but the monster is another light orb enchancer, like it's the third fucking one

at this point descend are more of a challenge effort first and a way to get usefull monster second, the only recent descend that actualy comes with something usefull is fire zeus which has a dragon atk x4 when hp below 80% LS

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:46:51 PM by magus »
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1322 on: July 02, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »
ATTENTION CREEPY

[Time-travel] "Ninja/Rider Carnival" starts Friday 7/4
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1323 on: July 02, 2014, 09:10:34 AM »
When he doesn't get a black rider the tears will be crazy

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1324 on: July 02, 2014, 12:12:09 PM »
ATTENTION CREEPY

[Time-travel] "Ninja/Rider Carnival" starts Friday 7/4

:noah
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1325 on: July 02, 2014, 12:14:17 PM »
I'll have 95 stones from saving during events by Friday. COME TO PAPA, GRYPS.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1326 on: July 03, 2014, 07:15:16 AM »
seems like the new silver egg series based on fairy tales is coming to japan tomorrow

Little Red Riding Hood - Healer/Physical

Awakenings: enchance fire orbs/skill bind resist/enchance fire row/bind resist/skill boost
AS: water orbs turn into heart orbs, reduce bind by 1 turn
LS: 1.5x hp/rcv for healer and physical monster

Snow White - Physical/God

Awakenings: enchance water orb/bind resist/bind heal/bind resist/skill boost
AS: wood orbs turn into heart orbs, reduce bind by 1 turn
LS: 1.5x hp/rcv for physical and god monster

Thumbelina - Attacker/Healer

Awakenings: enchance wood orb/skill bind resist/two prong attack/bind resist/skill boost
AS: fire orbs turn into heart orbs, reduce bind by 1 turn
LS: 1.5x hp/rcv for attacker and healer monster

Cinderella - Physical/God

Awakenings: enchance light orb/extend time/two prong attack/bind resist/skill boost
AS: water orbs turn into heart orbs, reduce bind by 1 turn
LS: 1.5x hp/rcv for physical and god monster

Sleeping Beauty - Balanced/Devil

Awakenings: enchance dark orb/skill bind resist/two prong attack/bind resist/skill boost
AS: wood orbs turn into heart orbs, reduce bind by 1 turn
LS: 1.5x hp/rcv for balanced and devil monster

meh... i'd rather use my toydragons,at least they are all skilled up
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1327 on: July 04, 2014, 11:47:21 AM »
19 rolls, no Gryps or even Arthur. Got 2 ninjas and 2 riders, but not what I wanted.

:fbm
yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1328 on: July 04, 2014, 02:00:40 PM »
:lol :lol :lol

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1329 on: July 04, 2014, 02:41:25 PM »
19 rolls, no Gryps or even Arthur. Got 2 ninjas and 2 riders, but not what I wanted.

:fbm

time to spend 100$ for zhuge liang and a wood attacker team!
<----

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1330 on: July 04, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »
Yessss this finally came out here today.

Any tips so I get started the right way?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1331 on: July 04, 2014, 05:22:20 PM »

Wait for the next Godfest to start, keep restarting until you get a good god to start with.
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1332 on: July 04, 2014, 05:30:25 PM »
Which means?  I shouldnt just start playing now?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1333 on: July 04, 2014, 05:33:20 PM »
Just start.  rerolling is for chumps.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1334 on: July 04, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »

most of the monsters in this game came from a magic slot machine, a spin of the magic slot machine cost 5 magic stone (each magic stone is around a dollar... but don't worry you get plenty for free!) the first spin is free so most people suggest to abuse the first free spin and redo it over and over until a gold egg pop out

godfest are special event that happens around every 2 weeks were the machine has incredibly high chance to pop out specific gold eggs so if you decide to start when a godfest start it will spare you a lot of time

of course you could start with just a chump egg or just reroll with the normal odds (which aren't that great... it once took me 20 first roll to get a gold egg to pop out outside of godfest)

if you decide to reroll try to pick something that is high ranked from this list

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Valuable_Monsters

on general you want one of these

- a chinese monster (especialy kirin)
- Umi & Yama
- one of the RGB egyptian
- Diao Qiao & Xiao Qiao
- archangel lucifer make the begin of the game piss easy, but he get outclassed later

consider that they keep changing monster everytime, some of the monster that made sucky starter have gotten skill that have made them much better and nowadays a pretty big variety of team is considered playable so if you don't get any of those you might consider keeping whatever you get in order to spare frustation

<----

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1335 on: July 04, 2014, 06:15:34 PM »
Sweet Magus, thanks

Himu

« Reply #1336 on: July 06, 2014, 06:04:12 PM »
Add me. My id is 326,222,369.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1337 on: July 06, 2014, 06:09:17 PM »
My problem with early PAD is that the fusion/level system is incredibly grindy. At least from outside looking in. In SMT, you have a compendium and every demon you get or make is recorded for ease of access. If I fuse two important demons, all I have to do is enter them into the compendium before hand, fuse, and go back to the compendium, pay a price, and get them back. No hassle. In PAD, you fuse just to LEVEL UP, and in order to get your monsters again, you need to actually re-fight them, cross your fingers they drop an egg, and start the process over.

I like PAD. But I keep comparing the fusing in my head to SMT, and after 13 years of playing those games I find the leveling/fusion system incredibly flawed.

Unless I'm not understanding something! This is important to me because leveling/sense of becoming stronger incrementally is the carrot I need to play an rpg without towns and exploration.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:12:12 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1338 on: July 06, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »
the amount of XP you get depend on the monster you fuse, there are 2 kind of monsters that give a lot of XP

- the first are called pengdra, they come in small version and big version, the small version gives around 6,000 xp while the big version gives around 30,000 xp, pengdra are found in pengdra village (a dungeon that appears randomly at certain moment) and technical dungeon (a series of dungeon that introduce monster having special skills that you unlock after finishing the 3rd tier of dungeon with castle of satan) the small pengdra can be turned into big pengdra with 2 materials, the first materials are dragon plant which drops in a dungeon that only appear on thursday, the second ingredient are jewel dragons...

- jewel dragons come in small,medium, big and super big variety, small jewel dragons are worth 1,000 xp (which is a pitiful amount) and can be feed to small pengdra for them to become big pengdra's, medium jewel dragons are worth 15,000 xp for RGB colors and 10,000 xp for the light/dark variety, big jewel dragon are worth 55,000 xp for RGB colors and 50,000 xp for light/dark and finaly super big variety are worth 100,000 xp... jewel dragons appear at specific hours during the day and which type of dragons appear also depends on the day, big and medium dragon are rare, and super big only appear in the super big variety of dungeon which happens less often than the normal variety

so basicaly the best way to level up your monster is...

A) get pengdra through technical dungeon or the special pengdra village dungeon that appear on certain day
B) get dragon plant on thursday
C) get jewel dragons of the color of the pengdra you collect to turns the small pengdra into big pengdra
D) fuse the big pengdra and the occasional medium/big/super big dragon on the monster you want to level

if you want to know when a time limited dungeon happens check this site
www.puzzledragonx.com

as a bonus if you fuse monster of the same color (so fire monster into fire monster) you get 50% the extra XP... so you want fire pengdra into fire monsters, water pengdra into water monsters and so on... the monster that normaly drops are trash whose only purpouse is to be used for really early leveling or as pengdra food at best, any demon/ogre/goblin/slime (well the slime are a special case in that they evolve into usable monsters) you get will easily get outclassed by later proper monsters

your starter dragon is also quite useless which is why most people recomend to roll the dang slot machine until something good pops out

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:49:10 PM by magus »
<----

Himu

« Reply #1339 on: July 06, 2014, 09:10:36 PM »
Nice post. I landed Kotaro Fuma and Dub-rublit.
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1340 on: July 06, 2014, 09:49:48 PM »
so glad i have finally broken free from this game
AMC

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1341 on: July 07, 2014, 06:37:28 AM »
Nice post. I landed Kotaro Fuma and Dub-rublit.

kotaro fuma is a decent monster but not a good starting one so you might want to restart the game and try to land something better

dub-rublit are used to evolve monster, as are mask monster,keeper monster, and rarely dragon flower/fruits... each of the evo monster has it's own dungeon that appears on a specific day of the week

<----

Himu

« Reply #1342 on: July 09, 2014, 09:42:53 PM »
Here are my starters.

IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1343 on: July 10, 2014, 07:19:44 AM »
new descend boss revealed (both of these seems to come from the same dungeon)

Sopdet

Awakenings:Enchance Light orbs/Enchance Dark Orbs/Skill boost
AS: change water orbs into heals, give you mass attack a-la bastet for 1 turn
LS: x2 atk when you match 2 of the following, light/dark/hearts, x3.5 when you match them all together

Thoth

Awakenings: Two-Prong attack,Skill Bind Resist,Auto Heal
AS: dark and light atk x1.5 for 1 turn
LS: extend orb movement time

also survey dungeon 9 has been decided, it will be dark fairy (pandora skillups) + light pirate (fuma skillups)

himu, as i said fuma isn't the best monster to lead with, if you lead with him you will have a monster that give physical monster hp and rcv x1.5 and atk x2... however in this game attack is the most important stats and all of the popular leaders are usualy monster that can deal truckload of damage at whim, even then light physical monster are somewhat rarish (but not totaly uncommon) so it's hard to build a team centered around them

however one of the best way to deal damage is to usualy use orb changer (which fuma is) and abuse passive skills known as awakenings (and fuma awakenings are quite good) so as i said, he's still worth keeping, just you might start having trouble down the road as the game gets harder... awakenings are unlocked by evolving a monster to it's final stage and then feeding them monster know as tamadra, these usualy pops randomly from the metal dragon dungeons or from the pal machine or sometimes they are given away as freebie's, alternatively you can feed a monster himself and that will unlock it's awakenings too (so another fuma to your fuma, though if you get another fuma you probably shouldn't do that)

another thing... each monster usualy requires a certain amount of turn before their skills become avaiable, fuma needs 9 turn for example, but you can bring this cooldown down to 5! how? by feeding fuma monster that have the same skills as fuma, these thing are known as skillup monster and in the case of fuma, it comes in the form of a light pirate, they just announced a dungeon where the light pirate will be a standard enemy so if you decide to keep fuma you should consider that

as for monster that a starting player might use that can be got without pulling the REM

- gigas and vampire, both these guys can potentialy come from the pal machine and are also the only usable monster you will encounter during normal dungeons that can potentialy drops, both of these guys turns heart orbs into their respective color which is a really handy skills, gigas is also physical so he can be used together with fuma... vampire can also be turned into a "x3 atk" leader

- mystic knight, these are a series of orb changer monster whose dungeon appear during certain days, they can be usefull early in the game, the wood one is also a "x3 atk" leader even though he works on dragons which are mostly made up of unpopular monsters

- echidna, echidna skill stop monsters attacking for 3 turns, this skill is amazing, you definitely want one

- siren, not as popular as she once was, she creates heart orbs which you can then turns into other orbs or use to heal

- drawn joker and angelion, both these guys make heart orbs like siren but comes in different color/type variants

- mythical beast, these drops very rarely from pal egg machine, they all enchance orbs of their own color,enchanced orbs increase the damage you do by 6% for every enchanced orb in the match

- slimes, these guys have sucky stats but in their final form their skill become "for 1 turn, atk of (their own typing) x3" being able to deal 3 times as much damage in your best turn can often make the difference, the blue slime is physical

- ripper dragon, also comes in the pal egg machine, these guys are orb changer too but since it takes a lot of time to use their skills and their awakening are bad nobody likes them, still i guess they can be used early in the game

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:24:16 AM by magus »
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1344 on: July 11, 2014, 08:35:12 AM »
next godfest has been announced and it's going to be chinese/heroes, needless to say i'm going to throw all my stone at it

himuro, if you ask me you should wait for the godfest, when the godfest happens, throw all of the stone the game has given at you at it, if the game gives you a chinese you are gold and you have no need to restart, otherwise a chinese is going to help you much better than fuma will

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:42:56 AM by magus »
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1345 on: July 11, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

ya godfeast in a few days.

Honestly don't restart him; you can do like 3 months of gamplay with just having a good friend as a helper.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:43:17 AM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1346 on: July 14, 2014, 06:46:32 AM »
8 rolls, pulled haku,genbu,shiva and andromeda :usavich
<----

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1347 on: July 14, 2014, 07:09:11 AM »
I setup a team of fire with the one water and one wood guys I have and did a whole bunch of those tricolor dungeons to get rid of some of my cash money woes.

Dem 15 combo cascades leading to some kind of nuke that kills everyone on screen.  :rejoice

"STRONG"? Not against those you aren't.  :jawalrus

Even taking Himu's cutie dragon along wasn't holding us back.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:12:54 AM by benjipwns »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1348 on: July 14, 2014, 09:19:51 AM »
3 rolls, got light hero.  meh.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1349 on: July 14, 2014, 11:29:53 AM »
3 rolls, got light hero.  meh.

i made a last roll and got pandora,more than half of my egg were gold and 3 out of 5 of them were featured in the PC godfest, i've never made such mad cash in the REM since the day i pulled lucifer,kirin and U&Y together
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:33:33 AM by magus »
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1350 on: July 15, 2014, 10:50:17 AM »
- a hera-rush dungeon where you fight all the variation of hera has been announced

- new collaboration is with bikkuriman, you can read more about it here

- new monster

Pirate Zaerog

- become water/dark, dragon/devil
- requires you to fuse all 5 pirate dragon on zaerog
- AS: 15% gravity and for 1 turn dragon atk x2 LS: dragon atk x3.5 when hp <99%

BW Batman Uvo

- gains devil subtype
- new awakenings: water row enchance/skill bind resist/skill boost

BL batman Uvo is also getting new awakenings

- new awakenings: light row enchance/skill boost/skill boost

Loki

- becomes dark/water, devil/balanced
- LS: balance monster atk x3, hp increase a little (so x1.35 probably)

Freyr

- becomes light/fire, gains dragon subtype
- LS: dragon monster atk x3, rcv increase a little

Freyja

- become wood/light, gains balance subtype
- LS: balance monster atk x3, rcv increase a little

Uvo Astaroth 1

- gains attacker
- LS: devil atk x3 and rcv x1.5 when hp above 50%

Uvo Astaroth 2

- gains healer
- dark subtype turns into wood subtype
- LS: devil hp/rcv x2, atk x1.35

new indian god series

Krishna

AS: for 3 rounds increase fire orb drop rate
LS: atk x3 when you make 2 fire match, atk x4.5 when you make 3 fire match
Awakenings: Two pronged attack/Skill Bind Resist/Time Extend/Skill Boost

Sarasvati

AS: for 3 rounds increase water orb drop rate
LS: atk x5 when you make 3 water match
Awakenings: Two Pronged attack/Skill Boost/Time Extend/Skill Boost

Vishnu

AS: for 3 rounds increase wood orb drop rate
LS: atk x3.5 when you make 2 wood match
Awakenings: two pronged attack/two pronged attack/time extend/skill boost

Ganesha

AS: decrease damage by 100% for 1 turn
LS: coins drop x2
Awakening: Two pronged attack/two pronged attack/jammer resist/skill boost

Durga

AS: deal damage equal to atk x20,god atk x1.5 for 1 turn, hp become one
LS: x5 atk when matching dark/fire/water/wood
Awakenings: two way attack/blind resist/poison resist/skill boost

Shower of healing (ceres/amaterasu skill) skill up monster

New Knight Series

- toy dragon are getting a slight stat boost

Flare Drall - +250 ATK
Megalodran - +200 HP/+100 ATK
Toytops - +50 HP/+120 ATK
Angelion - +150 ATK/+30 RCV
Drawn Joker - +100 HP/+200 ATK

- norse now comes with mini nuke which let you override other enchancement
- twinlit siegfried skill is now the same as takeminekata and he's also getting a light orb awakening, twinlit cuchu get a two pronged attack
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:37:24 AM by magus »
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1351 on: July 16, 2014, 04:58:10 PM »
hera rush features a 31k pre-empitive :kobeyuck

these new challenge dungeon keeps getting sillier and sillier, i await the one with a 100k pre-empitive

also a video of the latest descend

latest descend gimmick is that it comes with 2 bosses, but you have to kill both of them on the same turn otherwise the other revive instantly
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:00:18 PM by magus »
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1352 on: July 16, 2014, 06:47:12 PM »
That's easy with double ra and yomi's change the world. 

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1353 on: July 18, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »
Small update today, which includes the devil ultimate for D/L Batman.

FINALLY

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1354 on: July 19, 2014, 10:14:25 AM »
batman rem is coming back

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1355 on: July 22, 2014, 08:25:01 AM »
Ultimate Raphael

Ultimate Gabriel

<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1356 on: July 22, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »
Gabriel is shitting himself

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1357 on: July 23, 2014, 07:23:24 AM »
Gabriel is shitting himself

that's clearly the beatified face of someone who has already shit himself!

anyway turns out both gabriel and raphael are going to be healers and both have the same boring LS change of "x1.35 atk to (color)" like the other archangel, this is nice for raphael since it now let you put him on valkyrie team and do the raphael bomb without sacrificing fire power, but i'm not sure about gabriel...

stat changes

Healer Astaroth - +100 HP/+90 ATK/+100 RCV
Attacker Astaroth - +500 ATK/-200 RCV
New Freyja - +150 HP/+100 ATK/+50 RCV (old uvo was +100 HP/+110 RCV)
Gabriel - +100 HP/+100 ATK/+120 RCV
Raphael - +100 ATK/+90 RCV
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:32:23 AM by magus »
<----

benjipwns

« Reply #1358 on: July 23, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »
Some random dude I added as a friend had what looked like that Ultimate Raphael today. Killed some tough boss in one hit with its skill. Didn't know "huge damage" was quite that huge, had some other attacks lined up.

Also logged in by accident in the middle of the night and then did again fo reals this morning. Got the 1000 pal points mail twice. I have no complaints about 10 free pal eggs.  :yeshrug

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1359 on: July 23, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
fml I got 2 Robins from the Batman REM. :'(

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1360 on: July 23, 2014, 11:34:12 PM »
It's not so bad.  Keep 'em both and only evolve one.  Unless you have Anubis/Kushinada/Bastet, Robin can be a really powerful team leader for dungeons that don't use all the orb colors (which makes it MUCH easier to hit high combo totals), plus having the unevolved form can be useful for S-ranking dungeons, and possibly some cost/rarity-restricted stuff.

After all, coulda been two Catwomen.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1361 on: July 24, 2014, 06:49:32 AM »
some people have been saying that they are going to introduce a new way to spend coins in the game, so having a catwoman might finaly be usefull...

anyway

Uvo Kano

that Zhang Fei descend boss they announced a few month ago and then promptly forgot about it

Wood/Fire - Physical/Attacker

AS: dark orbs turns into wood orbs,delay enemies for 1 turn (CD 20)
LS: survive from an hit that takes you from above 50% hp to 0 (same as orochi)
Awakenings: Two-Pronged Attack/Bind Resist/Skill Boost

<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1362 on: July 25, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

thor now has boobs, and manly arms, and odin scarf, and it's artwork is super confusing

(apparently it's based on a story where thor crossdress to rescue freyja)

the indian 2.0 awakenings have been changed and the fire and water one don't have two-pronged attack anymore, buh-huh

the new dragon knight series now have awakenings and actual active/leader, all of them have the same active and leader skill, AS: heart orbs turn into orbs of their own color, reduce bind by 1 turn LS: dragon atk x2.5

lastly there is a new godfest exclusive!

AS: turns the whole board into dark/light/heart orbs
LS: dragon atk x3, hp x1.5

Awakenings: two-pronged attack/enchant light row/skill bind resist/blind resist/skill boost
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:06:16 AM by magus »
<----

benjipwns

« Reply #1363 on: July 29, 2014, 03:15:49 AM »
This has probably been asked a billion times.

I've got a couple dudes who are a few levels away from leveling up to their max for Evo time. I should just grind out some dungeons of their color and save the metal dragons for after right?

Like I've got a ruby king and then a fire guy to upgrade, he's at like level 27 out of 35, and it says ruby'll give 85,000 which has gotta be more than eight levels worth (last one was about 2200 to level). So the extra will just be wasted not carried over correct?

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1364 on: July 29, 2014, 07:02:51 AM »
correct extra xp doesn't carry over

anyway 7.0 has just been released in japan along with the new gameplay mode

<----

benjipwns

« Reply #1365 on: July 29, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »
I looked at the Wiki because I had everything but one ? to evo a key guy, turns out today's dungeon has it. Other than that it was a bad decision, now I'm even more confused about what the hell I should be doing with all these monsters and horrible decisions I made a week ago with others.

I'm just going back to like colors go with like colors, types go with types, and hoping to skill up everytime I power up fusion.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1366 on: July 29, 2014, 10:27:29 AM »
benji - post a list of monster you own and maybe i can advise
<----

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1367 on: July 29, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »
A summary:

1) Treat common monsters as XP fodder, or sell them if you're short on cash.  Demons, fighters/knights, ogres, and carbuncles.  Only time to have them in your party is in the early game before you have decent monsters.

2) Don't sell or feed any monster which can evolve into at least a five-star form.

3) Generally save the king metal dragons or other huge XP boosts for your gods or other important monsters which have a high level cap.  Leveling up monsters after they get to 60 or so can be very expensive with the usual dungeon trash.

4) Since you've got a Pandora, focus on putting together a dark team.  Hopefully you got a dark mystic knight when that dungeon popped up, but either way try to get a vampire if you can.  Getting a coherent team together is usually first order of business to tackle the midgame stuff.

5) If you get an egg with a plus symbol on it, that's fairly big.  It has a tiny impact on its own, but those things stack as you feed them, so give them to Pandora or another God you intend to use a bunch.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1368 on: July 29, 2014, 03:01:57 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #1369 on: July 29, 2014, 07:36:12 PM »
Okay, then I haven't been doing too poorly. Just not looking down the road enough with evolution.

I had a Samurai Ogre in my party for a while to soak up HP, and have a Harpie Demon I got out of the Egg Machine that came +3.

Was building a dark team, with a backup fire team. But was running into situations where I'd have nothing on the board and I needed an attack. So I've shifted to a mixed party for now which was probably bad.

Then I hit some level caps and just fed things to others and really slimmed down.

I've got:
Pandora - level 36
Tyrannos - max, ready to Evo when I get keeper of flame or whatever
Dark Dragon Knight - level 23, +1 HP
Mid Fire Ninja - level 37
Mid Dark Ninja - level 42
Harpie Demon (light) - level 41, +5 (+2 HP, +1 ATK, +2 RCU)
Green Dragon Fruit - who I have in one of my teams just because his HP is 500 and his skill combined with Pandora's can turn the entire board into dark orbs which then stacks with her leader skill to do like a eight billion attack
Pyro Demon - level 12, who I recently got out of the pal egg machine, haven't done anything with

Bunch of fodder and masks and flowers.

Also have a few sapphire dragons, couple kings, and a king metal from that dungeon that was up today, ran through it a couple times. I fed the King Sapphires to Pandora. But haven't done anything with the rest yet.

I had a black knight which was the rest of my dark team but I think I fed him to the precursor of the dark dragon knight so I could evo him. I had a King Flamie but I fed him to Tyrannos because he wasn't seeming to help the fire team as much as when he was a Big Flamie.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1370 on: July 29, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
Pandora,
Tyrannos,
Dark Dragon Knight ,
Green Dragon Fruit,

are you're only keepers.  Put all xp into Pandora and Dark Dragon Knight.  Try to get a vampire from lightless devil's nest (5 days to go).  Batmans in the Batman REM might be nice on a early pandora team.  Otherwise catwoman and robbin are both worth having.  All your +eggs should go on Pandora right now.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1371 on: July 29, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »
as mandark said ogres,ninja,carbuncles,knights,slimes and demon are all fodder, and the starter dragons are beyond bad so basicaly the only 3 usable monster you have are the dark dragon knight (i'm assuming you are talking about this guy here) the green fruit dragon which really doesn't fit a dark team and pandora, but don't worry that's actualy a decent start, what you need the most at the moment is a vampire and ehy wouldn't you know, the vampire dungeon (lightless devil nest) is running right now and will run for 5 more days so you have plenty of time to get one

vampire turns heart orbs into dark orbs, this sounds like a bad idea because you need the heart orbs to heal but trust me, it's not... if you do get a vampire the next thing you should do is skilling him up because pandora deal shitty damage when less than 6 dark orbs are on the board, you see when you feed to a monster a monster that has the same skills there is a chance his charging time will decrease, for example vampire starts at 11 turn but it's possible to decrease his charge time to 5 turn

vampire shares a skill with big baddie's (the second evolution of dark slimes) which can be gotten through the normal game so skilling him up it's easy, if you do decide to skill up a monster you should always check that x2 skill up chance is active, you'll notice because it's written in big bright yellow letter when you select the power up screen

you should also have keep king flamie, all of the king slimes have a skill that let unit of a certain tribe do triple the damage for 1 turn, this is an incredible skill when you have enough monster to build a team where everyone is a single tribe... the slimes go as follow

fire -> attacker
water -> physical
wood -> balanced
light -> healer
dark -> devil

and that's what pretty much you can expect most of the time since most dark monsters are devil, most water monsters are physical and so on... of course there are a lot of exception to the rules, unfortunately pandora never turns into a devil so if you do decide to use a king slime the impact would be diminshed

mmm what else, if you feel lucky you might want to pull the batman machine, it features 3 dark monster and all of them are pretty good for a starting dark team, of course 2 of them are really rare (i think the odds are around 10%) and you also risk getting catwoman which is an horrible horrible monster

<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1372 on: July 29, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »
catwoman is awesome for a lead on the weekend dungeons. 

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1373 on: July 29, 2014, 08:09:01 PM »

but i already have like 3 million gold coins, i don't really need x2 coins until they decide to introduce new way to spend coins

beside the guy is starting, the weekend dungeon is probably his last worry
<----

benjipwns

« Reply #1374 on: July 29, 2014, 08:16:29 PM »
I do the Intermediate or whatever weekend dungeon to get extra gold when it pops up, I would swap out my darks for fire guys and just have seven part chains or whatever. Expert kills me still though.

I thought for a long while when things said "no dark orbs" or "no heal orbs" or whatever that skills didn't override it. I found out by accident.  :lol
you have are the dark dragon knight (i'm assuming you are talking about this guy here)
Naw, the evolution before him.

Will focus on getting vampire then. I've had some helpers who had the heal orbs to [whatever] orbs thing and big flamie did that with fire orbs and that skill has been like a good idea 95% of the time or something.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1375 on: July 29, 2014, 08:25:41 PM »

but i already have like 3 million gold coins, i don't really need x2 coins until they decide to introduce new way to spend coins

beside the guy is starting, the weekend dungeon is probably his last worry

I always need coins but I keep feeding my +eggs instead of doing them on a temp monster.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1376 on: July 29, 2014, 10:37:26 PM »
I've maxed out my Kirin and Echidna with +297, so I'm going to have to decide at some point where to send my plus eggs now.

There's a guy on my friends list with a +297 Satan.  I figure he must have maxed out another monster (Valkyrie?) and fed it.  All those +RCV eggs...

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1377 on: July 30, 2014, 01:20:07 PM »
so the latest descend gimmick is that only monster whose main type is either physical or attacker can enter the dungeon, that means no okunikishi,no takeminekata,no kirin,basicaly no REM god

this is a complete list of all the monsters that can enter the dungeon and you can see the number of good leaders is EXTREMELY limited

of course a lot of these monsters are collaboration monsters and therefore not avaiable in the us version so our list is even shorter, you guys might want to start working on a golem (x3 atk when matching golem color + light) or at least try to get a deathstroke (x3 atk when dark/light/water attack all together) from the batman dungeon
<----

benjipwns

« Reply #1378 on: July 30, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »
Is it the same, worse or better to fuse together like critters before adding them to my actual dudes. Like I have eight carbuncles or something, should I fuse them together to level it up and then fuse it with my Pandora or  Dragon Knight or whoever? Like it'd be a bunch of level fives or a max level one or two.

And if I've maxed it, is it worth using the cheapo evo stuff for the first evolution before fusing? I could do this with a few carbuncles and an orge probably without losing anything of value.

Or does the XP you get back not change or get lower doing this?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1379 on: July 30, 2014, 02:54:46 PM »
XP is directly related to the level of the fodder (ie a lvl 5 Carbuncle gives exactly five times the XP of a lvl 1 Carbuncle).  So if feeding a lvl 2 to a lvl 2 gives you a lvl 5, then that's more XP efficient.  You also get a 50% bonus for feeding to the same color.

Money can be a consideration though.  The cost of feeding is directly related to the level of the monster that's being leveled up.  So sometimes it will make sense to consolidate your fodder before feeding if money is the constraint.

If a monster is at max level, then feeding it will not produce any more XP, either immediately or spilling over into its next evolved form.  When you do an evo fusion the new monster will start at level one.