Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons  (Read 135741 times)

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
Re: Puzzle and Dragons
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2013, 06:46:05 PM »
:stahp

Got two shitty 3 star monsters with the stones I'd saved up the past week or so.
Me too :maf
vin

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »
Well, I cleared a couple more dungeons to get 2 more stones, and managed to pull an Archangel Raphael, so it's not a total loss.  Between that and the Archangel Godfest a couple weeks ago, I'm only missing the Green/Light archangel now.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2013, 08:07:26 PM »
Well, I cleared a couple more dungeons to get 2 more stones, and managed to pull an Archangel Raphael, so it's not a total loss.  Between that and the Archangel Godfest a couple weeks ago, I'm only missing the Green/Light archangel now.

if you ever decide to make a light team and put him as a leader you have my thor hammer :heh
<----

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2013, 04:03:15 AM »
Wondering whether my mono-red team can handle the 2 Heroes dungeon on Tuesday.  Gonna spend my stamina farming either ruby dragons for the experience, or mystic fire knights hoping to skill my Homura.

Would really, really like to take that dungeon down.  Getting the blue heartbreaker would complete a decent mono-blue lineup, and getting the green one would be really nice for a Kirin team.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2013, 04:35:48 PM »
grinding for rank is so slow and tedious but i can't think of a better way to improve my team than to slap all the rare god i got from the godfest
<----

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »
I started over, got a Venus and a Neptune, meh! I kinda feel like I just really want to play the 3DS version :lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2013, 11:55:01 PM »
Just got an archangel Raphael think I'm gonna go light team. Gotta grind dat cost up
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:58:07 PM by Spencer »

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
i think i am gonna need to start playing this, yes?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i will never spend a dime, though
[close]
AMC

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2013, 04:20:45 AM »
so does everyone get a 5-star character on their first magic egg pull???? OH GOD I AM ALREADY ADDICTED
AMC

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2013, 06:19:09 AM »
so does everyone get a 5-star character on their first magic egg pull???? OH GOD I AM ALREADY ADDICTED

nah it's more like since the first pull is free,you can pull infinitely until you either start throwing insult at the game or the game decide to give you a super rare monster... anyway the best thing to do is this,see this guide

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Valuable_Monsters

try to get something that is at least 3+ star in the guide... if you don't have the patience (and i almost lost it) even settling for a 3/3.5 monster is a good idea... if a monster that isn't on that list or is on that list and doesn't have at least 3 star pop out delete the game memory and re-do the tutorial again

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:24:16 AM by magus »
<----

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2013, 12:31:22 PM »
thanks!

Aside from Solar Deity Apollo, they are very worthwhile starter gods.

But that's who I pulled :(
AMC

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »
it's not like apollo is bad,it's just that finding light monster is a pain... you can try playing some more and gather enough stone for another pull and see if you get either valkyrie or verche (they are light monster that make light team more friendly by changing stuff in the board into light orbs) and then try again if you fuck up

later in the game you get special penguin that gives lot of XP but the only common variety are fire,water and wood so leveling up light monster is hard too

i'm keeping a light team even tough it's not recomended because somehow i got valkyrie and another one of the super rare light pulls... coincidentaly he makes for a very good buddy with the mon i'm using so if you decide to keep it add me :lol

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:06:33 PM by magus »
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »
Neptune is really useful later in the game
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2013, 02:16:22 PM »
I'm finally getting out of the starter dungeons. Took forever. For all the free stones I got, I didn't get shit which makes me hesitant about spending real money on it. I've gotten way more useful monsters from the fucking pal egg machine.  >:(
©ZH

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »
Does the Pal machine work exactly the same way as the Rare Egg Machine?

And thanks for all the help magus. I think I'll just stick with Apollo for now. I already have almost enough for two pulls, but apparently I should wait for this godfest thing? My name is Cajole, btw, guys.
AMC

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »
No, pal egg mostly shits out garbage. There is a chance for useable monsters though. I've gotten a couple level 30's from it.
©ZH

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »
the best thing that the pal machine pops out are the ripper/resist dragon,these are dragon which come with a fixed damage skill and a leader skill which cuts in 30% the damage of their kind received and by 50% when fully evolved,they make decent filler while waiting for better monster... so far i have the earth one,the water one and the light one

then it can also pops devil,these are guys who completly suck at everything except attack,their attack is amazing and can reach godlike level

supposedly (but i never seen it happen so far) it can also pops out golem (huge hp but meh everything else) the healer girls (a bunch of monster with healing capability and high recover... the red one has a skill that delays enemy attack and the blue one has a leader skill that give you back tons of HP when fully evolved and the black one has the same skill as neptune but suckier stat so she can work as a gimped version of neptune) and the red and black heart converter (decent all rounder,has a skill that turns heart into their own color... the valkyrie i was mentioning earlier is the light heart converter) one of the reason people says that red and black are easier to build IS because the red and black heart converter can be gotten from something that isn't the rare egg machine or some super hard optional dungeon

lastly during event (like right now) there is a chance it will give you pengdra or metal dragon,these suck but give tons of XP when feed... maxing a pengdra only takes 2,400 XP but feeding it to a monster give 6,000 back (9,000 if same color) if you evolve the pengdra then you get a whopping 30,000 XP per penguin

metal dragon also appear during specific time of the day for one single hour,there is really no way to know when other than to check that fansite creepy posted a while ago
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:42:35 PM by magus »
<----

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »
lol i just a high metal dragon from the pal machine i fucking rule at this game
AMC

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2013, 04:40:06 PM »
wait i have apollo not solar deity apollo lol @ me
AMC

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2013, 04:59:15 PM »
solar deity apollo is what you get after you max apollo :beli
<----

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2013, 05:58:29 PM »
 :ohhh
AMC

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
ehy creepy how many box do you have? i got 60 and i'm always running out of space but at the same time i feel guilty everytime i buy 5 more spaces so i'd be nice to know what would be a good box/REM ratio :S
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »
85, but I'm an idiot
yar

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2013, 01:46:57 PM »
this shit owns

the bore letting me know about this shit :bow2

my life :piss2
AMC

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »
Miracle of Healing + Attack stance light 
:rejoice

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »
Miracle of Healing + Attack stance light 

ahahahahahah i pull the same trick everytime and it never ceases to amaze and i have a skill that increase my light damage to 150% for 2 turns so it works even better!

apparently one of the super hard optional dungeon has a mon which puts + on sphere and each sphere you destroy with a + add 6% which mean that pulling that one would add 280% damage and then with the skill i use you would hit for a grand total of 420% damage if my math isn't failing me
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:59:32 PM by magus »
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2013, 06:39:27 PM »
:rejoice Just got a bonus of 10 magic stones for logging in for 100 consecutive days
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »
i really hate how failing a dungeon takes your stamina,i understand that it makes continue more value worthy and therefore encourage spending but it really sucks when you are close to level up

"oops! you fucked up,now you'll have to sit out an hour instead of doing whatever you wanted to do,suck to be you"
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
i've gathered all the magical bullshit i need to evolve the green ripper dragon to it's final form... all i'm missing is around 20 of those stupid green penguin for around 200,000 XP and i will finaly have my first party member that didn't came out of REM and doesn't completly sucks ball not to mention that sweet barrier skill

just look at him

<----

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2013, 07:25:54 PM »
man, I am clean now, but it warms my heart to see you all facing the addiction head on

I quit in June after 200 consecutive days. cleared through Zeus, got all special dragons (at the time), all progression dungeons

I can't go back
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #210 on: September 05, 2013, 07:28:07 PM »
What about when the DS version comes out?

...just kidding, lol DS :smug
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #211 on: September 05, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »
man, I am clean now, but it warms my heart to see you all facing the addiction head on

I quit in June after 200 consecutive days. cleared through Zeus, got all special dragons (at the time), all progression dungeons

I can't go back

you don't deserve that avatar! :'(

you know what i really like about this game? it kinda reminds me of the first disgaea back when it released... there is a huge desire to become stronger and everytime your party become better and you defeat another boss that seemed impossible the satisfaction you get out of it is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:36:47 PM by magus »
<----

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #212 on: September 05, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »
What about when the DS version comes out?

...just kidding, lol DS :smug

there's no way I'd ever play Puzzle and Dragons on my 3DS

as it is region locked, I will need to buy a Japanese 3DS first :'(
[close]
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #213 on: September 06, 2013, 04:43:53 AM »
FUCKING HELL

Took me almost an hour and a half, but I beat Hera and got her skank ass to drop.  No stones used, either. :smug
yar

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #214 on: September 06, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »
I got my first pair of heras today too. Really happy as I need them for the more advanced Descended dungeons.
hex

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2013, 04:49:51 PM »
I settled for one.  I'm trying to grind evo materials to turn my Neptune into dark Neptune..

Frag- what kind of team do you roll with?
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »
i... i... er finaly evolved the green ripper dragon to full

you guys make me look like such a noob :fbm

i finished the first green tech dungeon thanks to an ares friend,i think i'm going to progress with the game again until i hit another wall because frankly growing the green dragon to full was really annoying,not to mention it's kinda cheap how the final form has smaller stat than the fully leveled previous form until it gets to level 30ish... anyway the next tech dungeon is water so plenty of fun for him :heh

and in the meanwhile i can maybe start gathering stuff for the blue ripper dragon
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:01:23 PM by magus »
<----

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #217 on: September 06, 2013, 05:33:30 PM »
I settled for one.  I'm trying to grind evo materials to turn my Neptune into dark Neptune..

Frag- what kind of team do you roll with?

I ran w/ lucifer lead, rainbow keeper, siren max skill, a high skill CDK for orb velocity and burst damage on early floors, and a lilith for neptune. Lucifer friend of course.

I am fairly low rank for descendeds (I don't play everyday) so this was the best I could put together. Would much rather run something faster but this is super safe provided you match well on Hera and have a max skill Siren.

edit: my everyday team is isis and good dudes. mindless slaughter, fastest clears of easy content possible.
hex

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2013, 05:36:05 PM »
That's basically the same team I ran.  My Siren is one off from being max-skilled, but I decided it was time to try and run it anyway.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »
:rejoice  Evo'd my Neptune.  Now my team is even more badass
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #220 on: September 06, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
:rejoice  Evo'd my Neptune.  Now my team is even more badass

my thor is almost maxed out but i'm not sure how i'm supposed to defeat a rainbow keeper to evo him

i know resolve team :shh
[close]
<----

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2013, 02:23:17 AM »
Psh, money-spendin' Lucy players.

Starting the long road to building a decent Kirin team, but MAN am I going to need a training montage or something to get my orb skillz up to snuff.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2013, 06:36:26 AM »
mooooontage

I'm not sure how long it's been since I've seen Mandark post about a game... old wrestling games maybe?  Fuck we're all old.
[close]
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
i wish i could kill whoever decided to make tower of giants half of stamina for weekend because sure,it's abusable as a grinding tool but it's also INCREDIBLY boring... i've jumped to rank 50 to rank 58 and i'm almost at the point where i can use both thor and baal and keep a semblance of an actual party but boy was it the most boring thing ever

... the funny thing is that i wanted to go up to 70 (as that hit the sweet spot where i can use all of my team with no compromise) but at this point i'll probably start chewing off my arm before that happen
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2013, 07:06:55 PM »
 :mindblown

yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
:mindblown

eh

anyway i finished the light tech dungeon,the next one is dark so i guess this is where my light team get all "AH-AH!" but i suppose these being tech dungeon also means lots of light binding :S
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2013, 11:57:59 AM »
Heads up- The Scarlet Snake Princess dungeon is live tomorrow, which is one of the few ways you can get Nagas to drop.  The final evo form of Naga is Red Empress Echidna, which is pretty fucking indispensable in later game dungeons.  If you have one, it's still worth it to grind the fuck out of that dungeon all day tomorrow, because you're going to want to try to skill your Echidna up to max so the cooldown on her skill (which is what makes her so useful) is as low as possible.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2013, 12:29:03 PM »
are there party that run 2 echidna or more? i understand skill up and all but tomorrow is RK day too and i really really need one for my thor so i was thinking of doing one and one

<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »
The thing is, you'll be able to do the RK dungeon any Tuesday.  Echidna dungeon is a random occurrence that doesn't happen often.  I need two dark keepers to evolve my new Hera, but I'm gonna grind nagas all day tomorrow.

Also- if you ARE skilling up an existing naga/echidna, DO NOT try until there's another 2x skill chance event.  That's just a waste.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2013, 01:19:41 PM »
ehy creepy i didn't want to ask but will you add me/give me your code? i'd really like more people with lucifer in my friend list,his leader skill boost my baal and filler super metal king dragon hp and his active skill is still powerfull enough to one shot all of the bosses in the current dungeon i am and he gets thor buff too

my code

cajole - you too,my monster and your monster make a good team,i have lots of people with apollo but one more wouldn't hurt i guess :heh

<----

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #230 on: September 09, 2013, 01:34:20 PM »
well i kinda suck (i mean, i've only had the game for a week), but okay

we should have our codes in the OP

AMC

Brehvolution

« Reply #231 on: September 09, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »
I will get the codes in the OP soon.

I'm loving this Pal egg boon. I got the 2 pieces of evo I needed to evo a Verche. Then fed him a king red metal dragon to give him a big boost.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:17:44 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #232 on: September 09, 2013, 03:23:17 PM »

I'll need to delete some of the scrubs on my list, though.  Give me a few.  I show up under herpaderp.  If you ever notice that I don't have Luci as my leader, message me on here to change it.
yar

Brehvolution

« Reply #233 on: September 09, 2013, 04:19:56 PM »
List added to OP.
©ZH

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #234 on: September 09, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
345 973 204

Leading with Arch Angel Raphael right now

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #235 on: September 09, 2013, 05:32:21 PM »
I've gotten nothing but trash rolls for weeks now :(
vin

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #236 on: September 09, 2013, 06:12:03 PM »
Every skill up on an high level echidna is literally like getting a better evo'd monster. Siren and Echidna are two of the most important non-leader creatures in your box, period.
hex

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #237 on: September 09, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »
added all of you,cajole is not even using apollo as a leader and opting for one of those ninja with the orb change active and super lame leader skill :beli
<----

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #238 on: September 09, 2013, 09:39:52 PM »
added all of you,cajole is not even using apollo as a leader and opting for one of those ninja with the orb change active and super lame leader skill :beli

what? this is news to me

oh shit oops i was messing around and i guess i left it on that team sorry
AMC

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #239 on: September 10, 2013, 12:13:56 AM »
Add me if you want an easy button for bosses.  You'll feel dirty every time you nuke something with my Lucifer, though, knowing that DIRTY BLOOD MONEY paid for it. :jawalrus
yar