Author Topic: Keiji Inafune needs CAPCOM!  (Read 39464 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Keiji Inafune needs YOU!
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2013, 10:02:10 AM »
That guy's scurred that Might No. 9 is going to be sabotaged by a feminist agenda that will something something war on men.
dog

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2013, 10:07:48 AM »
oh
Tonya

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »
I've met her, talked with her, had beers with her; she's cool and funny. I want to punch that YouTube clown in the face.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2013, 11:15:55 AM »
^ white knight alert
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
 :lol
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2013, 12:36:01 PM »
Watching all these MRA-types squeal once they realized they're being forced to pay the salary of a vocal feminist is delicious. :lawd
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2013, 12:44:53 AM »
^ white knight alert

She doesn't need one; she could probably kick my ass.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »
InternetAristocrat3 days ago

I see Ian Miles Cheong is a tad upset.  I suppose that's to be expected from a self described "turbo-feminst".  I wouldn't be surprised if the volume of sand in his vagina was so vast that if he were to squat in your home he'd turn your living room into beach front property.
InternetAristocrat4 days ago

I see SRS has stumbled on the video.  Sorry I didn't include a trigger warning for you, I'm sure you're all literally shaking right now.  It'll be ok though, you can just hop on your rascal mobility scooters and drive on down to McDonalds to eat the pain away.  I bet those super sized fries make all the feelings completely disappear just like your feet under those massive guts.
straight ether

Illthak1 day ago

I like how the feminists are insisting that this is about her being female. It has nothing to do with her gender.

It has to do with the fact that she's a liar, she's unqualified, she likely got her position due to her boyfriend being on the team (isn't that something you 'empowered' ladies hate?) and that she's pushing a social justice warrior agenda - An agenda that has absolutely nothing to do with equality. Though I'm not counting on the feminist perspective of what equality is.
TYRONEYUNASTY1 day ago

I can care less about her feminist agenda or lifeless artwork. The reason why I want her out is her lack of credentials. It's hard to trust her with all the shit that's been flying around the last few days, and the fact that she isn't a megaman fan has become very evident. Her sworn duty as a Community Manager is to serve as the "eyes and ears" for compcept, to inform them about our personal inputs. However with her current reputation, it's expected that she's probably going to omit most of our ideas, as they might conflict with her "feminist agenda". She then "promises" to report each and every one of ideas to comcept, but having already lied so many times, there's just no trust anymore. Heck, I don't even think anyone actually had any faith in her work to begin with. I mean, just look at her introduction on the kickstarter page, it's childish, unprofessional, and just downright annoying. Seriously, who the fuck does she think we are? She talks to us as if we're a bunch of childish manchildren who talk like socially awkward 11 year olds. Backers, as I've seen, are a hell of a lot more mature and sophisticated than her. She thinks adding emoticons will somehow alleviate all the tension that has risen from her feminist post, and that's probably the last thing you'd wanna do to calm down a shitstorm.
Bass.exe7 hours ago

+Nettacki She's a liar, a feminist, a lackluster artist (don't get me wrong, her style is pretty cool, but it has little soul), and she hasn't even played Mega Man. She is not a proper fill for designing a game that is the successor to Mega Man, and as evidence shows, not a proper fill for a community manager.
two (mega man) X chromosomes annihilated from space

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2013, 08:06:36 AM »
a lackluster artist (don't get me wrong, her style is pretty cool, but it has little soul)

:rofl
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2013, 08:39:26 AM »
that drawing of female might no 9 she did is awfull and it's just a moustache and big pair of ears away from looking like a clark gable caricature :kobeyuck
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:41:26 AM by magus »
<----

Tasty

« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »
a lackluster artist (don't get me wrong, her style is pretty cool, but it has little soul)

:rofl

Needs more whimzee.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2013, 06:54:06 PM »
Most offensive thing about Dina is that she admits to being an FF8 fan :P
^_^

Himu

« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
Most offensive thing about Dina is that she admits to being an FF8 fan :P

:gladbron
IYKYK

Damian79

« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2013, 07:53:52 PM »
With art such as this:

I am GLAD i didnt fund this one.  If i was i would ask for my money back.  I dont mind female characters but I would never pay for horrible art like this.

Damian79

« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »
That art is horrendous.  If they represent the style she draw the enemies etc.  I am gonna puke.

Damian79

« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »
It says she design the enemies in one of her tweets.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2013, 10:12:15 PM »
OH MY GOD SHUT UP PLEASE DAMIAN
dog

Damian79

« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »
jesus christ damian, why are we going over the exact same bullshit that happened last week

she is not putting pen to paper on any official art for the game.  she is contributing ideas like everyone else on the team.  i'm pretty sure john tv's drawings of link having sex with mario are pretty bad too, doesn't mean you have to worry about his contributions to mighty no 9.

So she is not a designer then.  Good?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2013, 10:21:26 PM »
i am a fucking moron incapable of of critical thought

THEN SHUT UP
pcp

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2013, 11:32:03 PM »
do you know what a designer's job is with regard to video game creation?
To replace gameplay with social justice lectures?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2013, 11:35:25 PM »
bring back the icons so we can nominate benji
pcp

Damian79

« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2013, 01:38:27 AM »
she might be designing something?  that doesn't mean she's doing art.  do you know what a designer's job is with regard to video game creation?

To be honest i am not quite sure.  There is level designer, i know what that is about but i didnt realise that the artists are separate from designers.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2013, 07:59:44 AM »
If you'd paid any attention at all to Mighty No. 9, you'd know that throughout the entire creation process of the game comcept has been pulling together designs/sketches/drawings from multiple artists/designers/whatever and taking the best and most promising to use in the game.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »
she might be designing something?  that doesn't mean she's doing art.  do you know what a designer's job is with regard to video game creation?

To be honest i am not quite sure.  There is level designer, i know what that is about but i didnt realise that the artists are separate from designers.

You thought game designers made the art? :derp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2013, 10:16:07 AM »
Just to be a little helpful here: Typically, the artists make the pieces from which level designers then build the levels. Game designers create the mechanics. The bigger the team, the more defined these roles are (and the more time one person can spend polishing some obscure detail, like the bathroom shelves or whatever), the smaller the team, the less defined.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »
And just to muddle things up a bit, this is further confused by Japanese dev teams, which call artists "designers" and game-designers "planners."

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »
And "directors" are producers with a lot of creative control, right? But then there are also producers...

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2013, 01:31:28 PM »
So basically, anyone that's upset about Dina being hired by comcept is an idiot and should be ashamed of themselves.
dog

Damian79

« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2013, 03:48:52 PM »
So basically, anyone that's upset about Dina being hired by comcept is an idiot and should be ashamed of themselves.

Pretty much.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2013, 04:39:25 PM »
Seems like jealousy and nerd rage over her comment on not playing Mega Man games.

Why do they give a shit? (I know I'm late on this.)

The art is pretty ugly though.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:41:05 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »
The art is pretty ugly though.

The Mighty No. 9 piece isn't really that great, but she got some other drawings are her Tumblr that are pretty nice.
dog

« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2013, 06:00:58 PM »
I somehow managed to avoid this controversy altogether. I have almost no idea of what's going on here. Do I have to watch that 20 minute video to understand?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »
Do I have to watch that 20 minute video to understand?

No, just this one:

dog

« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2013, 06:12:42 PM »
I somehow managed to avoid this controversy altogether. I have almost no idea of what's going on here. Do I have to watch that 20 minute video to understand?

Not at all. It's really simple. Mighty No. 9 hired a community manager to take over their social media, and that community manager happened to be female. The people who are really, really excited to cheer for this game and also men's rights considered this the worst thing to happen to the world since that bitch Thatcher got elected, got her menses and thrust half of the UK into poverty, so people started looking into the community manager's past. It seems she's somewhat interested in feminist issues which means she would almost definitely ruin their game by introducing women's issues into it (despite being in charge only of their social media).

Now she's under such heavy scrutiny I can't imagine anything she does will be well received.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2013, 07:14:37 PM »
Bitter forever alone distinguished mentally-challenged fellows being angry at vaginas, basically.
Hi

Himu

« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2013, 07:26:54 PM »

No, just this one:

Dear god those female Rock designs are awful. Here's Mega Man with an F cup. Here's Mega Man in a bikini. Why can't I just play as Roll? I haven't watched the video yet but the designs in that screen preview were made for dudes, point blank.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:28:48 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »
I sincerely hope you actually watched that video before posting. Because you really should.
dog

Himu

« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2013, 07:29:27 PM »
Read the edit. I'm at the store now. Will watch later.
IYKYK

mjemirzian

« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2013, 07:31:20 PM »
I dropped $20 on this and forgot about it (yay kickstarter). Pretty sure it's still going to be a good platformer.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:37:57 PM by mjemirzian »

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »

Dudes got a great voice
dur

« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2013, 01:16:38 AM »

Not at all. It's really simple. Mighty No. 9 hired a community manager to take over their social media, and that community manager happened to be female. The people who are really, really excited to cheer for this game and also men's rights considered this the worst thing to happen to the world since that bitch Thatcher got elected, got her menses and thrust half of the UK into poverty, so people started looking into the community manager's past. It seems she's somewhat interested in feminist issues which means she would almost definitely ruin their game by introducing women's issues into it (despite being in charge only of their social media).

Now she's under such heavy scrutiny I can't imagine anything she does will be well received.

I... see. Sounds about right.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2013, 07:21:03 AM »

No, just this one:

then how do you explain splash woman? huh? huh?

I... see. Sounds about right.

eh i don't know,it's her fault for introducing feminism into the argument by drawing that awfull fan art and saying that the main character should be female (because game need to be PC and have "gender representation") her introduction read like a gaf post (you can read it here) and then there is the fact that she tried to quell the angry mob by deleting threads and such... i think she also admitted that her boyfriend works for comcast which kinda implies she got the job more because of connection's than anything else,in the same admission she says she never touched a megaman game when in the introduction she's all like "Megaman X is the best megaman game! ;)"

it's like they hired one of those "that's right! i'm a gamer AND a girl!" gamer gurl instead of a proper guy/gal for the job... while the torch and pitchfork reaction might be too much,i'd be pretty miffed if i cared
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:54:34 AM by magus »
<----

« Reply #222 on: December 18, 2013, 09:19:45 AM »
eh i don't know,it's her fault for introducing feminism into the argument by drawing that awfull fan art and saying that the main character should be female (because game need to be PC and have "gender representation") her introduction read like a gaf post (you can read it here) and then there is the fact that she tried to quell the angry mob by deleting threads and such... i think she also admitted that her boyfriend works for comcast which kinda implies she got the job more because of connection's than anything else,in the same admission she says she never touched a megaman game when in the introduction she's all like "Megaman X is the best megaman game! ;)"

it's like they hired one of those "that's right! i'm a gamer AND a girl!" gamer gurl instead of a proper guy/gal for the job... while the torch and pitchfork reaction might be too much,i'd be pretty miffed if i cared

These would all be fair points if she weren't just a community manager. If every social media peon in the world had to love what they were shilling, there would be a lot less employed social media peons. It just seems like more "my hobby is SACRED" reasoning that's bogging down video games in the first place.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
it's her fault for introducing feminism into the argument by drawing that awfull fan art and saying that the main character should be female (because game need to be PC and have "gender representation")

Which she did while being simply a backer of Mighty No. 9, a lot of that [minus the artwork that was posted in the update] were dredged up after her introduction in the update.

then there is the fact that she tried to quell the angry mob by deleting threads and such

That's generally the job of a community manager when threads/posts go off-topic and become hateful.

i think she also admitted that her boyfriend works for comcast which kinda implies she got the job more because of connection's than anything else

That's how a lot of people get their job. She's also bilingual and lives in Japan, so just maybe comcept thought those were qualities that helped her qualify for the job?

while the torch and pitchfork reaction might be too much,i'd be pretty miffed if i cared

Miffed...about the person comcept hired to moderate the forums...
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2013, 09:43:06 AM »
seems like more "my hobby is SACRED" reasoning that's bogging down video games in the first place.

yeah i'm not saying that these guys are right,just that both side shitted on the bed on different degree... there would be no controversy if she

1) actualy tried to get into contact with the forum before deleting stuff from her twitter
2) didn't go "gender representation this,gender representation that" or at least cleared her position on the matter
3) didn't try to get into the community by making up stuff

summing up to "forumites are dumb" just doesn't feel right... even if forumites are dumb
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:44:52 AM by magus »
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2013, 09:48:57 AM »
1-3 only mattered at all because people were trawling through her social media feeds looking for anything that they could use to attack her/justify their anger.
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »
1-3 only mattered at all because people were trawling through her social media feeds looking for anything that they could use to attack her/justify their anger.

eh i don't care dog,people that talk about feminism in relation to videogame annoy me since the whole dragon's crown controversy so she can go eat a dick or a vag or whatever she wants :yeshrug
<----

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2013, 11:17:57 AM »
someone put magoose out to pasture
duc

« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2013, 11:28:39 AM »

eh i don't care dog,people that talk about feminism in relation to videogame annoy me since the whole dragon's crown controversy so she can go eat a dick or a vag or whatever she wants :yeshrug

What was there really to be annoyed about? I can understand not caring about the discussion and being slightly annoyed by its prevalence, but if that's the position, then what I think is perplexing to me is how often people seem to not realize that it takes two to tango. Yeah, some people criticized the artwork. Why that bothers some, I'll have no idea. I understand not agreeing that it was sexist, but at least half of that stupid controversy was a result of people losing their shit because of a 6/10 review from a woman who may or may not be a feminist.

Meanwhile, in the real world where people don't get bogged down in these kinds of controversies, the game seemed to be well regarded by people with bad taste that like Vanillaware games, and I think it went on to be their most successful title commercially. Fucking feminism ruins everything I tells ya!

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2013, 12:09:56 PM »
What was there really to be annoyed about?

it's a great game and half of the discussion about it where about the amazon tits,it would be like watching a bugs bunny classic cartoon and then discussing about the bit where he crossdress,why the fuck does it matters? not everything has to be political correct

this one is doubly annoying because there isn't even a big tittied woman or loli or anything that might pass as sexist and is as politicaly incorrect as any other piece of media that doesn't feature a female main character

Meanwhile, in the real world where people don't get bogged down in these kinds of controversies

alas we are on the internet

chief dumbfuck

that sounds like a great indian name
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:13:13 PM by magus »
<----

« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »
What was there really to be annoyed about?

it's a great game and half of the discussion about it where about the amazon tits,it would be like watching a bugs bunny classic cartoon and then discussing about the bit where he crossdress,why the fuck does it matters? not everything has to be political correct

this one is doubly annoying because there isn't even a big tittied woman or loli or anything that might pass as sexist

OK. But I tried to touch on that. A lot of the reason for why there is so much conversation about sexism in gaming is because people on either side of the issue seem all too eager to talk about sexism in gaming. Yes, the conversation wouldn't start in the first place if social warriors didn't feel like criticizing the vidya, but the conversation wouldn't persist if people who feel needlessly threatened by the conversation stopped effectively trying to put the fire out by pouring gasoline on it.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2015, 07:30:12 AM »

hmmmmmmmmm.   :huh

Himu

« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2015, 08:17:26 AM »
That HUD is a total downgrade.
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2015, 09:32:30 AM »
I beat Tomba with 127/130 missions... 2 of the last 3 were locked behind a missable event - you have to wait until a flower grows but need to have done 6 events while it grows... unfortunately since I did it at the end of the game I couldn't get it :( And the other, was the nightmare gold medal race. Game overall was OK with clunky controls and lots of backtracking, but it certainly had its charm. I'll definitely check out the sequel.

Also I started playing Suikoden Tierkreis. And hey, it's not that bad at all! Seems like a fairly basic but easygoing and solid RPG, reminds me a lot of Bravely Default for some reason (the chibis over prerendered backgrounds). I like it better than 3 and 4 so far :P
^_^

Himu

« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2015, 10:01:36 AM »
Wrong thread?
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »
I beat Tomba with 127/130 missions... 2 of the last 3 were locked behind a missable event - you have to wait until a flower grows but need to have done 6 events while it grows... unfortunately since I did it at the end of the game I couldn't get it :( And the other, was the nightmare gold medal race. Game overall was OK with clunky controls and lots of backtracking, but it certainly had its charm. I'll definitely check out the sequel.

Also I started playing Suikoden Tierkreis. And hey, it's not that bad at all! Seems like a fairly basic but easygoing and solid RPG, reminds me a lot of Bravely Default for some reason (the chibis over prerendered backgrounds). I like it better than 3 and 4 so far :P

:huh
ど助平

qq more

« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2015, 02:15:54 PM »
The game itself looks okay I guess, but a far cry from what it could have been.
ok

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »
Game Informer is reporting that Mighty No. 9 will now miss its September launch and will release in 2016.

something really iffy is going on here.

Tasty

« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2015, 09:45:57 PM »
Wait what

The game looks done

Pretty lame, but still done.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2015, 09:57:41 PM »
I had no idea Kickstarter would result in so much entertainment - watching nostalgia-obsessed nerds get scammed out of their money is the best show on the internet.