Author Topic: Keiji Inafune needs CAPCOM!  (Read 39427 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Keiji Inafune needs YOU!
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2015, 02:08:58 AM »
All the people giving Inafune money: :neogaf  :betty :heyman :sabu

Good job, dudes.  :itagaki You'll eventually get that "totally not Megaman!" Megaman game sometime in the future.  :lol

Lesson to be learned: Never throw money at Inafune and let the publishers themselves deal with his shit.

qq more

« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2015, 06:22:51 PM »
I can't believe I've backed this game. :lol Lesson fucking learned. I'm so glad I didn't fall for the Red Ash kickstarter though, that game was sketchy as hell.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the reason MML3 and MMU were cancelled because Inafune probably done something they (Capcom) didn't like regarding those projects. Or maybe it was completely mismanaged. lol
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:33:19 PM by qq more »
ok

Tasty

« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2015, 09:20:35 PM »
Also, I'm usually not the one to be down on various Kickstarters, but this has all the makings of a project that will come out late and be less than was promised, lol. Spring 2015 date is way out there and I'm unsure at Inafune's ability to manage projects.

Give this man a prize.

Tasty

« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2015, 09:22:10 PM »
Comcept is Keiji Inafune and an office.  But he's pulled Inti-Creates in on this one, so I have total faith that it will be delivered as promised, on-time.

:ufup

But man, this guy.  I support his project but after all his mouthing off about Japanese developers being stagnant and relying too much on nostalgia, and then he does this?  Fucking shameless.

:mynicca

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2015, 10:06:04 PM »
I didn't back this because I am a smart dog who is good with money.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2015, 10:09:22 PM »
I'm not gay a Inafune stan, but $20 is $20. :larry

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2015, 08:31:27 AM »
I'm not gay a Inafune stan, but $20 is $20. :larry

please excuse me while I don't bother with this until a sub-$5 steam sale

:money

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2015, 02:40:19 PM »
Kickstarter, brehs

:idont
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2015, 02:48:59 PM »

ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2015, 03:37:43 PM »
Being delayed 6+ months is probably the best thing that could happen to it at this point.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2015, 04:12:46 PM »
Being delayed 6+ months is probably the best thing that could happen to it at this point.

Hope those graphics get some polish.  It's not looking too hot right now.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2015, 07:36:13 PM »
Makes me wish for the days of megaman zx
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »

You're not up for Megaman ZZZ X_X ?

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2015, 08:01:45 AM »
Isn't the Mega Man collection almost out?

You guys think it would be fun for someone that never really played Mega Man?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2015, 08:02:27 AM »
August 25th
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2015, 08:44:55 AM »

Sure.  Or just play Mega Man 2 and 3 on an emulator.  That's all you need.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2015, 08:54:29 AM »

You're not up for Megaman ZZZ X_X ?

:lol

Don't listen to him lol The best Classic Mega Man games are 2, 3, 5, 6, and in some small ways, 7. It's worth picking up for sure. Sure, you could emulate it, but buying it helps Capcom know you want Mega Man and could help fuel a Mega Man Zero 2 and ZX port :drool Which is far more important.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #258 on: August 06, 2015, 09:23:29 AM »
Don't listen to him lol The best Classic Mega Man games are 2, 3, 5, 6, and in some small ways, 7.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone play multiple games like that to start.  MM2 is far and away the best game and it's way cheaper (or free) to just play that.

It's worth picking up for sure. Sure, you could emulate it, but buying it helps Capcom know you want Mega Man and could help fuel a Mega Man Zero 2 and ZX port :drool Which is far more important.

They've already re-released the Zero games on DS and there's versions of them available on the Wii U eShop for sale.  Pretty doubtful those are going to leave the Nintendo platforms.  ZX, if released, would only be on Wii U because of the dual screens.  Also these games are not like the classic Mega Man titles.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #259 on: August 06, 2015, 09:30:42 AM »
I played every MM game in order in like 2007 or something and ranked them. I highly recommend it. 2 is great, but not better than 3, and 5 and 6 have some of the best elements in the series. This "2 is the only one you need to play" stuff is bs. If you need to play only one Mega Man, it should be 3.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2015, 09:45:57 AM »
I played every MM game in order in like 2007 or something and ranked them. I highly recommend it. 2 is great, but not better than 3, and 5 and 6 have some of the best elements in the series. This "2 is the only one you need to play" stuff is bs. If you need to play only one Mega Man, it should be 3.

Sorry, nobody else is going to agree with you on that one.  MM2 is the classic.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2015, 09:58:39 AM »
Plenty agree.

Oh and add 9 to the list. Prefer 9 to 2 as well. 3> 9>2
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »
2 was the megaman game that had the most impact and is effectively the foundation of the series. if you're looking for a megaman game to play in 2015 however, 3 is easily better.

Himu

« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2015, 10:02:25 AM »
http://m.ign.com/articles/2011/04/05/mega-man-2-isnt-the-best-mega-man-game

Best Mega Man games per series:

Classic - 3
X - 4
Z - 2

It is what it is. :yeshrug
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:06:37 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #264 on: August 06, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »
LOL, IGN.

2 was the megaman game that had the most impact and is effectively the foundation of the series. if you're looking for a megaman game to play in 2015 however, 3 is easily better.

...Which is why you start with 2.  It's also a more challenging game than 3.  3 is a bit too easy.  I'd also play 2 before 3 since 2 brings back a few things from 3.  Would say Mega Man 1, but it's too damn hard.

It's all downhill after that. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #265 on: August 06, 2015, 10:19:00 AM »
3 is way harder than 2

In 2 all you need is quick boomerangs or metal blades and bang, beat game

You should start with 2, but it's definitely not the only one people should play.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:19 AM »
3 is way harder than 2

In 2 all you need is quick boomerangs or metal blades and bang, beat game

Uh-uh, no way.  MM2 is more difficult, period.  Always had a more challenging time getting through it compared to 3.  3 is the easiest MM game, IMO.  It got way harder with 4.

You should start with 2, but it's definitely not the only one people should play.

2 has better level design.  I mean, I love 3.  Love it-- but 2 is the classic. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #267 on: August 06, 2015, 10:27:58 AM »
Also, it's not really downhill from there. 3 is amazing and best classic MM, 4 sucks but 5 owns, 6 is also great but not necessary. 7 is unique and worth playing, 8 sucks, 9 is a return to form. For the most part classic MM is consistent and worth playing. They're all so short that I don't understand the mindset of suggesting only one MM game.

And 3 has much better design than 2.

I never had as much of a time playing 2 and I did 3. 3 has harder difficulty spikes for sure.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2015, 10:35:51 AM »
Also, it's not really downhill from there. 3 is amazing and best classic MM, 4 sucks but 5 owns, 6 is also great but not necessary. 7 is unique and worth playing, 8 sucks, 9 is a return to form. For the most part classic MM is consistent and worth playing. They're all so short that I don't understand the mindset of suggesting only one MM game.

Am suggesting one to start with.  If someone has never played one of these games before, I wouldn't suggest a barrage of games...I'd start with one and go from there.

7 is pretty blah.  It's like a toned-down X game.  Did you ever play Mega Man & Bass?  It's like a good version of MM8.

And 3 has much better design than 2.

Nothing in 3 is as original as the designs of stages like Quick Man, Bubble Man, Crash Man, Wood Man, and the like.  I did like Snake Man and Shadow Man's stages though.  Shadow Man's stage BGM still rocks.

I never had as much of a time playing 2 and I did 3. 3 has harder difficulty spikes for sure.

Can't agree with you at all.  This is going back to when I was a kid.  We all found MM3 to be much easier than MM2 back then.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2015, 10:47:48 AM »
You found MM3 easier than 2 probably because you played 2 so much and got used to it and kicked ass. I didn't have that. I did not grow up on Mega Man. I played them for the first like ten years ago. I didn't have enough time to replay 2 a million times like you did. I went straight from 2 to 3, and 3 is harder.

MM2 levels have cooler situations and graphics, but the actual LEVELS in terms of design are not better than 3's mostly due to 3's inclusion of slide, which allows for more options and modes of play.

MM3 has better music overall. MM2 had a better intro song and Wiley Castle theme and that's it.

MM3 has better boss fights. 2's are overly simplistic and lack mobility. 3's inclusion of slide made boss fight encounters more varied and challenging in terms of evasion, plus, more fun.

MM3 is the longest classic MM, and contains everything that makes MM...well, MM. From Rush to Proto Man. It also has the best Wiley castle in the series.

MM2 is a broken mess of a game. Metal Blades go in 8 DIRECTIONS and insta kill most things on contact.

The only thing I give 2 over 3 is that I prefer 2's robot master designs.

7 is not a toned down X game at all and has quite a lot of unique levels. MMnB sucks.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »

:wag Don't forget X.

Himu

« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2015, 11:18:10 AM »
:-\ One of those games I used to love but find completely boring now. Like, I don't even use weapons in that game, I straight x-buster it, sometimes without armor, and it's still boring.  :-\
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2015, 11:44:51 AM »
You found MM3 easier than 2 probably because you played 2 so much and got used to it and kicked ass. I didn't have that. I did not grow up on Mega Man. I played them for the first like ten years ago. I didn't have enough time to replay 2 a million times like you did. I went straight from 2 to 3, and 3 is harder.

I had Mega Man 3 before I had Mega Man 2.

:idont :ufup
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #273 on: August 06, 2015, 11:48:30 AM »
MM2 levels have cooler situations and graphics, but the actual LEVELS in terms of design are not better than 3's mostly due to 3's inclusion of slide, which allows for more options and modes of play.

Switch that.  MM3 has better graphics...MM2 has better levels in terms of design.  Sliding is unnecessary and it was even felt that it made the games it was in easier...hence why they removed it from Mega Man in 9.

MM3 has better music overall. MM2 had a better intro song and Wiley Castle theme and that's it.

MM2 is a broken mess of a game.

:crazy

Hyperbole much?

7 is not a toned down X game at all and has quite a lot of unique levels. MMnB sucks.

Wow...so 7 is good but MMnB sucks.  OK, Himu gonna Himu.

ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2015, 12:03:41 PM »
:-\ One of those games I used to love but find completely boring now. Like, I don't even use weapons in that game, I straight x-buster it, sometimes without armor, and it's still boring.  :-\

:crazy

Himu

« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2015, 12:07:39 PM »
I played MMnB as X and I was shooting a boss with 99999 shots and could barely deplete its health. Crap game. GBA version also has awful resolution.

It's not hyperbole. Metal Blades lets you shoot in 8 directions, is spammable, kills most things in one hit, and has near infinite ammo. Quick boomerangs are similar.

RE: MMX, I mean, it's not a bad game, I just don't find it fun anymore. It's Mega Man lite to me now. :-/
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #276 on: August 06, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »

I had Mega Man 3 before I had Mega Man 2.

:idont :ufup

So this was you?

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #277 on: August 06, 2015, 12:13:26 PM »
I can't listen to that at work.  Airman wasn't a problem though, so...uh?

I played MMnB as X and I was shooting a boss with 99999 shots and could barely deplete its health. Crap game. GBA version also has awful resolution.

That last comment is irrelevant -play the SFC version then- especially if you fired it up on en emulator.  It's hard game to be sure, but something's wrong if you couldn't kill a boss.  Hyperbole part 2. 

It's not hyperbole. Metal Blades lets you shoot in 8 directions, is spammable, kills most things in one hit, and has near infinite ammo. Quick boomerangs are similar.

It's hyperbole.  I see no reason to talk about MM2 further with you if you're seriously calling it a "broken mess."   :lol  I can say the same thing about Mega Man 3.  The game must be broken since I can kill the finally boss in 1-2 hits using Top Man's ability.  BROKEN MESS!

Not to mention...if you think those weapons are that good and want to challenge yourself...you don't have to use them.

RE: MMX, I mean, it's not a bad game, I just don't find it fun anymore. It's Mega Man lite to me now. :-/

Now this I can agree with you on.  I liked it back in the day but have little desire to replay it.  I also never cared about its sequels.  Another game I enjoyed from around the same time was Mega Man V on the Gameboy, but I wouldn't want to go back to that at all now.  I think I'm really not much of a Mega Man fan; I just really love 1-3.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »
You cannot spam Top Man's ability and Top man's ability also doesn't have near infinite ammo.

MMX4 is worth revisiting. It's pretty classic.

MM1 is really only worth playing once, I think. It's not that great.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #279 on: August 06, 2015, 12:15:20 PM »
You cannot spam Top Man's ability and Top man's ability also doesn't have near infinite ammo.

Doesn't matter...you can kill the last boss instantly with it.  BROKEN!  :P
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #280 on: August 06, 2015, 12:15:52 PM »
Oh shit...I can totally use controller 2 to do a trick where Mega Man "dies" but is then completely invincible in MM3.  BROKEN MESS
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #281 on: August 06, 2015, 12:16:10 PM »

It's broken, but not metal blade broken.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #282 on: August 06, 2015, 12:17:24 PM »

That last comment is irrelevant -play the SFC version then- especially if you fired it up on en emulator.  It's hard game to be sure, but something's wrong if you couldn't kill a boss.  Hyperbole part 2. 

MMNB isn't that good. The game is clearly designed for Bass and Mega Man was plastered into it. It's a badly designed game.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #283 on: August 06, 2015, 12:18:43 PM »

It's broken, but not metal blade broken.

What you're describing isn't "broken."  It might be over-powered, but that is not a broken game in any way, shape, or form.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #284 on: August 06, 2015, 12:20:44 PM »

MMNB isn't that good. The game is clearly designed for Bass and Mega Man was plastered into it. It's a badly designed game.

Once again, play the SFC version.  You don't have the resolution or wide screen issues causing problems.  But it's OK if you don't like it.  This is getting kind of pointless now.   :lol
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »

Once again, play the SFC version.  You don't have the resolution or wide screen issues causing problems.  But it's OK if you don't like it.  This is getting kind of pointless now.   :lol

Okay then, I'll give the SFC version a try some time. The GBA version was what I legitimately consider the worst Mega Man game I have ever played next to MM4, 8, and X3.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2015, 12:29:23 PM »
excuse me I'm just gonna put this thread in trash
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2015, 12:42:28 PM »

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2015, 12:47:27 PM »

IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2015, 03:27:16 PM »
Aaight ill put it on the list

Tasty

« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2015, 03:33:34 PM »
That X soundtrack tho :lawd

And the GOAT:

:bow GOAT GOAT GOAT :bow2

« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »
I still have lots of fun playing X, even with how easy it is. I only play it minimalist style (buster only, no upgrade parts) but I go one step further and use a password to skip the dash boots in Chill Penguin.

Hell is trying to beat this asshole one health pixel at a time without being able to dash out of the way.

Himu

« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2015, 03:42:16 PM »
The music in X is amazing for sure
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2015, 03:53:34 PM »
I really like the way this version sounds:

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
Aaight ill put it on the list

Success...?
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #295 on: August 06, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »
maverick Hunter x soundtrack >>> mega man x soundtrack
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #296 on: August 06, 2015, 05:40:37 PM »
also who loves powered up? BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVED POWERED UP. fuck Capcom for not keeping that series going
pcp

bluemax

« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2015, 06:55:37 PM »
also who loves powered up? BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVED POWERED UP. fuck Capcom for not keeping that series going

I unashamedly loved that game. So fucking good.

Also for anyone on the iTunes music band wagon the Capcom Sound Team has all 10 official sound tracks up.
NO

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2015, 07:06:19 PM »
I cry myself to sleep every night over the fact that there's only one classic MM with the slide and no charge buster. :'( :'( :'(

:bow :bow MM3 is the perfect Mega Man :bow2 :bow2
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2015, 07:07:32 PM »
dp
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:25:22 PM by BobFromPikeCreek »
zzzzz