Author Topic: International Politics Thread - Disease and Disaster  (Read 1291029 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: International Politics Thread - Disease and Disaster
« Reply #10380 on: November 13, 2021, 08:36:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/HillelNeuer/status/1459671350533054470

Yeah I think the bad guys are going to win
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10382 on: November 15, 2021, 02:29:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1460309423373565956

Get ur war boots on everyone we have a global economy to save.
Draft ur best bois using digital ID's.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 02:41:25 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #10383 on: November 17, 2021, 03:43:39 AM »
For the first time in my life time, my local area turned away from the left in the regional elections. Also first time I didn't vote for a left wing party, which feels weird, but I cant vote for any party that continues to keep this government in power.

Can call it reactive I guess, but the government, the biggest left winged party, have gone through Covid crisis with a never ending amount of lies and deception, which really doesn't sit well with me. On top of that, their immigration policies are almost mirroring the far right at this point, pure populism instead of sticking with its parties original values. A good sign for when the 'real' election comes.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10384 on: November 17, 2021, 04:17:31 AM »
Did you vote for the Greens or just not at all?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10385 on: November 17, 2021, 12:11:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1460962689543553031

Welp, Biden just sold out Taiwan to China in exchange for some cheap oil.  :doge

🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10386 on: November 17, 2021, 03:55:19 PM »
MR. [ANDERSON] COOPER:  So, are you saying that the United States would come to Taiwan's defense if —

THE PRESIDENT:  Yes.

MR. COOPER:  — China attacked?

THE PRESIDENT:  Yes, we have a commitment to do that.

:cmonson

Granted that was 3 weeks ago. Maybe Bidey changed position already

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10387 on: November 17, 2021, 06:06:49 PM »
 :bow :bow :bow :chinacry :bow2 :bow2 :bow2

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #10388 on: November 17, 2021, 06:42:46 PM »

Voting for the greens would be like not voting at all.

Voted for a guy at 'Venstre', which directly translates to the left, which is a silly name all things considered. But they're less racist than the big (supposedly) left party at this point who's the main government party, that most other parties on the left supports. Basically it's the party i disagree the least with, who aren't holding the hand under our current state minister. Our current government is a full on focus grouped political party, and I absolutely hate it. They have completely lost their moral compass, to be sure to keep the power at all costs. Stealing the far rights immigration policies and tone and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Denmark
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 07:05:19 PM by Mr Gilhaney »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10389 on: November 17, 2021, 07:09:40 PM »

Voting for the greens would be like not voting at all.

Voted for a guy at 'Venstre', which directly translates to the left, which is a silly name all things considered. But they're less racist than the big (supposedly) left party at this point who's the main government party, that everyone else on the left supports. Basically it's the party i disagree the least with, who aren't holding the hand under our current state minister. Our current government is a full on focus grouped political party, and I absolutely hate it. They have completely lost their moral compass, to be sure to keep the power at all costs. Stealing the far rights immigration policies and tone and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Denmark
That sounds exactly like Dutch politics.

Even though we have about 17 or 18 parties, we have very few 'real' ​opposition parties left. They've dubbed a number of parties "the reasonable center", along with some institutions and new government bodies created for the pandemic they run everything now.
'Reasonable' includes confiscating farm land, banning the unvaccinated from public spaces and separating children from their parents over tax debts. About 1/3 of the country and the media keeps them in power indefinitely and the 'real' opposition is divided.
Our government resigned March this year and that very same government is still governing as of today.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10391 on: November 18, 2021, 10:15:41 AM »
This Peng Shuai situation paralells Jamal Khashoggi in that world knows there is a cover-up, yet because of their hubris the perpetrators don't expect western media to actually pursue the story. Ironically, I think if they had refrained from sending that email, Shuai being censored and detained might have faded from public consciousness like they want. I guess they're running through their options now. They can't accept fault, so it's hard to say what will happen. Does WTA kick China out of Tennis? Does Shuai stay hidden away forever permanently? Do they "recondition" her? Does she "committ suicide"? With enough Tennis players bringing attention to this I see this coming to a head sooner rather than later.

benjipwns

« Reply #10392 on: November 19, 2021, 02:16:18 PM »
Does WTA kick China out of Tennis?
WTA is now taking a hardline on this:
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1461501048351346695

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10393 on: November 20, 2021, 01:46:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1462113366751821832

Naive fraulein meets chad geo politics
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10394 on: November 20, 2021, 02:54:45 PM »
she just wants more arab bulls  ::)

samir

« Reply #10395 on: November 20, 2021, 05:46:20 PM »
No, these lunatics prefer Hazara boys that they can play bacha bazi with.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #10396 on: November 21, 2021, 07:59:49 AM »
This was nice, saw this on Twitter: The July 1997 issue of Wired featured an extensive article about The Long Boom, a theorised 25-year period of prosperity and peace spanning from 1995 to 2020. The article also contained the following list of ten things that might potentially spoil this long boom. Pretty far-fetched stuff

地平線

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10397 on: November 21, 2021, 04:56:48 PM »
:info
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #10399 on: November 21, 2021, 06:10:29 PM »
SEND THE ZOOMERS TO DIE IN UKRAINE!! DO IT NOW PU$$Y BIDEN!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10400 on: November 21, 2021, 06:25:12 PM »
Either one of these is true

- Warnings and signs about further Russian invasions are bullshit manufactured by US intelligence to stay relevant at a time when Russia has no such plans but Russia leans in to them to look stronger.
- With core EU states coping with a 4th COVID wave, chaos at the border and civil unrest they are too weak and lack the morale and support to make any serious efforts to counter a potential Russian invasion of Ukraine and thus now is the time to strike

I can see Putin resolving the Donbass/Donetsk situation by annexing them officially like Crimea as those seperatist states are growing weaker but I find it hard to believe he would commit hundreds of thousands of troops to invade and occupy former Western Galicia.
Putin usually takes a small slice of a country where the Russian speaking seperatists live and calls it a day. I don't see what he has to gain by pushing further into Ukraine.
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10401 on: November 22, 2021, 06:11:26 AM »

SmokyDave

« Reply #10402 on: November 22, 2021, 07:25:34 AM »
I’ve waited decades for a PM that will represent for Daddy Pig, don’t you dare try and take that away from me.

The words ‘a Picasso-like hairdryer’ might get me to vote Tory.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10403 on: November 22, 2021, 07:27:55 AM »
I’ve waited decades for a PM that will represent for Daddy Pig, don’t you dare try and take that away from me.

The words ‘a Picasso-like hairdryer’ might get me to vote Tory.

:shaking

Tycoon Padre

« Reply #10404 on: November 22, 2021, 11:23:16 AM »
Dead cat garbage to distract from the change to the social care bill today - 2.5% of your wages for the rest of your life are going to support exclusively RICH boomers - not mom and pop normie boomers, as was promised :gbcry

https://twitter.com/TorstenBell/status/1462707683488845830

As usual the mongo bongo British press falls for it, hook, line and sinker.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10405 on: November 22, 2021, 11:36:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/keejayov3/status/1462728645508751360

I'm going to kill myself. Now.
He kept fumbling around with his papers, looking for something that clearly wasn't there. Probably printed the wrong text and had to improvise.
Perhaps the Black Friday shopping list his wife send him.
"Peppa Pig World Children's Book" was clearly one of the items on it. Along with a new hairdryer for the misses, a book about picasso and a new TV.

And by god and for the queen, Boris The Pfeifel Johnson would use his Churchillian oration skills to turn all of those things into an inspiring speech about British ingenuity.  :gbcry
🤴

who is ted danson?

« Reply #10407 on: November 22, 2021, 04:10:01 PM »
Such a shame that the cabinet is too fucking stupid to realise things are going badly then.  :lol :lol :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10409 on: November 23, 2021, 08:48:00 AM »
 :hesright

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10410 on: November 23, 2021, 07:53:45 PM »
Such a shame that the cabinet is too fucking stupid to realise things are going badly then.  :lol :lol :lol
I don't think any of them want to take over in the middle of this mess.

As Cummings explained in the "man who plays video games all day explains video games to people who never do" interview the plan was to put Boris in the saddle to win the election and get Brexit done and then through pressure from donors, special interest groups and a leadership contest replace him with Gove or another muppet somehow because Boris knew he was in over his head and basically fuck the people and especially the communists. But then Boris' new girlfriend(now wife) took control at number 10 and the next thing you know there is a pandemic and Cummings is fired/resigned and with him the 'brain' leaves the operation.

Another thing he mentioned in that interview is that with him gone there were no plans, policies or ideals except to keep the missus happy.
After the "rally behind the flag" and "don't rock the boat" effect of COVID has waned the whole thing will probably collapse pretty quickly.
Even though by some miracle Boris hardly scored the worst out of all the European leaders in dealing with the pandemic.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10411 on: November 24, 2021, 01:51:14 PM »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #10412 on: November 24, 2021, 04:38:13 PM »
Hours after being tapped as Sweden’s first female prime minister, Magdalena Andersson resigned Wednesday after suffering a budget defeat in parliament and her coalition partner the Greens left the two-party minority government.

The government’s own budget proposal was rejected in favor of one presented by the opposition that includes the right-wing populist Sweden Democrats. Sweden’s third-largest party is rooted in a neo-Nazi movement. The vote was 154-143 in favor of the opposition’s budget proposal.

Andersson, leader of the Social Democratic party, decided it was best to step down from the post more than seven hours after she made history by becoming the first woman to lead the country.

”For me, it is about respect, but I also do not want to lead a government where there may be grounds to question its legitimacy,” Andersson told a news conference.
Even though the Green Party pulled its support for her government, it said it is prepared to stand behind Andersson in a new vote to tap a prime minister.
Earlier in the day, 117 lawmakers voted yes to Andersson, 174 rejected her appointment while 57 abstained and one lawmaker was absent.

Under the Swedish Constitution, prime ministers can be named and govern as long as a parliamentary majority — a minimum of 175 lawmakers — is not against them.

Sweden’s next general election is scheduled for Sept. 11.
Well, congratulations, I guess.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10413 on: November 24, 2021, 05:20:43 PM »
The Greens really hate Democracy when it doesn't suit them.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10414 on: November 24, 2021, 06:07:53 PM »
It's there a Greens Party anywhere in the world that isn't made up of absolute fucking self-interested wankers?
Spud

jorma

« Reply #10415 on: November 25, 2021, 01:52:01 AM »
This wasn't the greens fault to be fair, it was the "center" party who voted against the budget they negotiated with the socdems because the socdems promised the left party to raise the no income pensions in return for their (needed) support in the pm vote and the budget vote. This made the centrist go bananas and scream "leftist extremism NO THANK YOU" even though raising those pensions is in their own party program.
They're looking like fucking babies right now.

And the greens didn't want to govern on a budget that wasn't theirs, an understandable position. Even if the main problem they had with the budget wasn't what it contained but rather that it was "tainted" by SD.

The likely outcome of this is that the socdems will still rule, but without the greens. Not the worst of outcomes in the end  :lol

T-Short

• hooker strangler
地平線

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10417 on: November 26, 2021, 02:05:50 PM »
 :hesright

Tony's right on this one, I hate the prick but his political radar works.
What the 'woke' left (thankfully) fails to understand is that you need to gain power first and then you can just do whatever.

Mark Rutte and Merkel never campaigned on any of the things they are doing now.
If Merkel had said she would accept millions of refugees and depend on Russia for energy no one but Putin would've voted for her.

It's simply a numbers game.

If Keir dies on the LGTBQ+ and Brexit referendum hill, then he will die there alone.
Except for a very small group of flagellating boomers who admittedly hold a lot of power, no one wants to be told they are bigots/racists/bad people or want to pay billions to save the climate.
However in general people do want a whole bunch of other things the left (used) to fight for like affordable housing, better wages and healthcare.

You don't need more evidence of this than people jumping on Blair for saying that Labour participation in the culture war worked against them politically and not that he's a war criminal.
Blair and Brown are the reasons that Boris is now PM of the UK and the 'woke' ideals are what will get him reelected.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10418 on: November 26, 2021, 05:28:13 PM »
How do you lose any election when your platform in its simplest forms is making society more fair?

I dunno, but just ask pretty much any centre left party in a civilised western country over the past few decades.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10419 on: November 26, 2021, 06:29:32 PM »
How do you lose any election when your platform in its simplest forms is making society more fair?

I dunno, but just ask pretty much any centre left party in a civilised western country over the past few decades.
Because voters are racist :trumps

And especially the poor working class should FUCK OFF with their white nonsense.

Looks like they all had a good time
https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/1464371256749445120
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 06:33:49 PM by Nintex »
🤴

jorma

« Reply #10420 on: November 27, 2021, 01:53:03 AM »

Because voters are racist :trumps

And especially the poor working class should FUCK OFF with their white nonsense.

Looks like they all had a good time
https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/1464371256749445120

i like how they are using a round table to show how everyone at the table is equal!  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10421 on: November 28, 2021, 05:29:47 AM »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10423 on: November 29, 2021, 06:41:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/MalaliBashir/status/1464706953335263232
Sharia Clause is broke :trumps

Good news for the Biden administration. It's all Allah's fault!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10424 on: November 30, 2021, 03:29:11 PM »
It literally included cancelling Christmas but they didn't get away with it.
https://www.balkanweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/europa.pdf
https://twitter.com/helenadalli/status/1465639346103533573

if we always portray mothers as child-carers, we perpetuate harmful
stereotypes

In case of doubt, use ‘Mx’

Ask how they describe themselves. ‘What are your
pronouns?

‘As of today, people living in the EU are protected
by a new regulation.’

Example: ‘Sofia is a new mum and a wheelchair user.
Due to photosensitivity issues she cannot drive.’

🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10425 on: November 30, 2021, 04:16:52 PM »
It's not like anyone takes the EU seriously anyway
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10426 on: November 30, 2021, 06:04:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/ForexLive/status/1465804102521217024

Wall Street seems to think things are afoot.
🤴

benjipwns

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10428 on: December 01, 2021, 04:34:02 AM »
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10429 on: December 01, 2021, 05:25:07 AM »
The Russians have hammered on the fact that the EU/US took liberties with WW2 history when it suited them so they consider it a 'reap what you sow' sort of thing.
One of the things that triggers them is the Molotov/Ribbentrop pact they they consider to be part of a big number of treaties that the Nazi's signed with other European powers before the war.

And considering the Russians did overthrow their own communist rulers they also feel like they defeated both the Nazi's and Communists.

It's a difficult subject considering there are a lot of grey areas and the records are incomplete. A lot of history has already been adjusted based on new findings, it took until 1990 for definitive proof to surface that the Soviets were behind the Katyn Massacre.
The irony is that these days mostly the Russians are digging through the archives of letters and intelligence reports. They arguably have the largest collection of historical materials related to WW2 especially on events leading up to the war as the Soviets had the most extensive spy network.

The Winter War is one of those strange events like the Spanish civil war (or even the Korean war) ​which puts into question when WW2 actually started (or ended) and who started it.
The fact that the Russians know their history well makes it easier for them to change the narrative to what suits them best. After all history is written by the winners.
🤴

benjipwns

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10431 on: December 02, 2021, 12:15:27 PM »
Fuck yeah

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10432 on: December 02, 2021, 12:22:50 PM »
CCP getting cancelled :lawd
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10434 on: December 02, 2021, 02:23:06 PM »
Finally tennis is interesting.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10435 on: December 02, 2021, 07:52:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/OKnox/status/1466552620240277506
They should answer the phone and yell:
"WHERE THE HELL IS PENG"
And then hang up on the Chicoms.

But they won't. They'll sell out the US and sing a song in praise of Eternal leader Xi Jinping.
Ah look there it is.
Business executives that remain committed to China, however, continue to defend the Chinese leadership and backtrack rapidly if they offend Beijing, intentionally or otherwise.
Spineless cowards.
🤴

who is ted danson?

« Reply #10436 on: December 03, 2021, 03:31:10 AM »
Look China, you can't just "disappear" one of your own citizens. Get with the program!

Make them suicide themselves three times in the back of the head with a shotgun.

Or put them in jail for being "drunk and disorderly" and watch them suicide themselves with their suicide proof gown.

Or make a cop who is "having a bad day" catch them dropping litter.

Or drone strike them whilst they attend a wedding in Pakistan.

The possibilities are endless guys  :brain
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 09:42:52 AM by who is ted danson? »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 08:38:46 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler