Author Topic: MGSV  (Read 32159 times)

magus

• LIKES FF7
Re: MGSV
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2014, 04:04:56 PM »
the ending is stupid,somewhat plot irrelevant,completly made up for shock value and involve a level of suspension of disbelief that i don't think you would be able to find in normal people
<----

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2014, 04:06:53 PM »
Did you not play/pay attention to Peace Walker? I think it's pretty plot relevant. And what's the suspension of disbelief? So you have no problem believing that loli anime girls are 10,000 year old demons but what happens in this game is just too far? Please :shaq
SRY

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2014, 04:29:13 PM »
Did you not play/pay attention to Peace Walker? I think it's pretty plot relevant. And what's the suspension of disbelief? So you have no problem believing that loli anime girls are 10,000 year old demons but what happens in this game is just too far? Please :shaq

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the death of paz serve nothing to the plot and yes magical vagina bombs that explode with such perfect timing is more hard to believe than ocelot magic liquid hand let alone thousand year old loli!
[close]
<----

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2014, 04:38:19 PM »
How is it magical timing? The fucking XOF soldiers were right there looking at Snake leave on the helicopter, I'm pretty sure it was remote-detonated. And as far as Paz' death, I think that's pretty significant. She knew a great deal about Cypher and Major Zero and she would've been a crucial ally to Snake and his army. She could've at least told them what XOF now knows through her torture. Now that she's dead, Snake has no leads on the organization that destroyed mother base. It set up XOF and Skullface as adversaries that are clearly thinking two steps ahead. How is that not badass?
[close]
SRY

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2014, 04:41:05 PM »
I can't wait to play it tonight :hyper

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2014, 05:40:58 PM »
you do realize youre defending a plot where the big twist is that the name of the unit of bad guys is FOX spelled backwards right raban?

and magical timing vagina bombs are horrid and cheesy. especially since it just magically goes off when she jumps out and not at any other time
[close]
USA

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »
some real Mark Millar-level plotting in this one, sounds like

gross/10

will not play
乱学者

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2014, 06:36:13 PM »
How is it magical timing? The fucking XOF soldiers were right there looking at Snake leave on the helicopter, I'm pretty sure it was remote-detonated. And as far as Paz' death, I think that's pretty significant. She knew a great deal about Cypher and Major Zero and she would've been a crucial ally to Snake and his army. She could've at least told them what XOF now knows through her torture. Now that she's dead, Snake has no leads on the organization that destroyed mother base. It set up XOF and Skullface as adversaries that are clearly thinking two steps ahead. How is that not badass?
[close]

if it's remote detonated why they don't detonate that shit right as snake is inside the helicopter? as methodis says it just goes magicaly off as soon as she jump out of the airplane... i heard of motion triggered bomb but i didn't know drama triggered bomb were a thing

and really it doesn't matter what paz knew,we know big boss doesn't get zero at the end otherwise mgs4 doesn't happen so why am i supposed to care again?
[close]

Kinda crazy how

pixelated dog.....?
[close]
<----

Himu

« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2014, 06:52:26 PM »
I still don't understand any of these plot revelations. Someone please Kojimaexplain.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2014, 07:03:16 PM »
Well that was a bad way to advertise MGS5.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2014, 07:09:32 PM »
Sounds fucking terrible.  My hope is that consumers will punish Konami for charging 30$ for a demo when Phantom Pain comes out.
vin

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »
Complete Spoilres for a 2 hour game:

A group of bad guys led by a man named Skullface put on the FOX patch backwards so it spells XOF (this is literally something that happens) and pretend they're Americans and then go to a prison camp where Chico and Paz are being held and literally have Chico rape Paz all the while they fuk her too. Skullface manages to convince Chico to sell out the location of Outer Heaven (even tho its said once u beat the game that you could see the place from the coastline...) and Skullface has Chico call Snake to divert his attention away as a fake rescue mission. XOF departs slightly before Snake arrives at the prison and then Snake locates Chico who is out of it. Paz isn't where she was supposed to be so Snake goes looking for her. He finds her and they escape on a helicopter. Chico shows Snake a scar on Pazs stomache and then Snake has a medic cut her open and rip out a nucleur bomb. Snake thinks everything is saved until they arrive back at Outer Heaven were surprise it is now burning and destroyed. Miller comes aboard the escape helicopter flips out at now presumed bombless Paz when all of a sudden Paz wakes up and opens the helicopter door where she says "I have another bomb in my" then she jumps out and blows up, implying that Skullface used Chico (who is a child) to rape Paz (who is a child) and take her v card so he could shove a bomb up her vagina. The end.
[close]
USA

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2014, 07:22:30 PM »
how do I murder Kojima in the digital realm
乱学者

Rahxephon91

« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2014, 07:27:15 PM »
Seems like the actual game will be pretty fun. Probably the best playing one and most fun to play with a real MGS3 like bent. Though, I don't know the third person shooting felt a bit off. Still, the stealth seemed pretty great and the games movement is very well done. Game also looks great. So as far as a game it should be pretty cool.

Ground Zero's is pretty awful though. The main mission feels shorter then even MGS3's prologue and even less happens in it. Or so it feels. You just go and rescue to people who are pretty close together, you don't even need to stealth around most of the base. Kojima could have easily padded this with little detours that would have taken you around the base and where there to allow you to get access to you're targets. Maybe, have a computer system you need to take out to get to chico. I don't know, something because there's nothing here. Could have easily thrown in one boss battle stopping you from getting to Paz. It's just really lazy. Instead of having a simple firefight at Motherbase to top off the game, it's just a cutscene. This is a really lazily put together thing. So lazy that they couldn't even put in a new trailer of MGS5 or even one of the longer ones. Just a crapily cut together i minute one with scenes we've already seen.

As for the story. Yes it does seem they remote controlled the back up vagina bomb, because you do see a quick glance of a enemy soldier looking out of a passing helio. What happens is that this pretty much sets the base for the coming conflict. Mother Base and pretty much everything you created in PW is gone and this is the opening Salvo in what I assume is Zero's war with the boss. MGS5 is all about us seeing what Snake did that made him evil. Though this is kind of fair story premise, it still dosen't make much sense. If he was so evil and the world hated him so much, how did he make Foxhound in MG1 and 2? Again, this desire to keep adding to a plot that was pretty clear with MGS3 makes no sense to me.

Whatever, I'm sure MGS5 will be a fun play.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2014, 07:31:23 PM »
I think (plot spoilers)

Big Boss will set up Al Queida in Afghanistan
[close]
thus he is super bad now
USA

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2014, 07:38:21 PM »
I liked it :yeshrug not saying it's fine art, but it's not any better or worse than what Kojima has already done. I dunno why y'all expect anything other than hating this if you think Kojima is a hack. Dude makes severely authored experiences moreso than any dev I can think of (save for maybe Moleneux). If you don't like him, how are you gonna like anything he makes?

Whatever. I just wanted to toss in my two cents since playing it. Now I'll crawl back into my hole until The Phantom Pain comes out so y'all can ignore my praise for that game too like I'm The Sceneman for overbudget Japanese games.
SRY

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »
This game is available in Redboxes starting today, grabbing my Filthy Poor 360 Version on the way home. WILL I GET MY $1.99 WORTH?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2014, 07:49:16 PM »
I liked it :yeshrug not saying it's fine art, but it's not any better or worse than what Kojima has already done. I dunno why y'all expect anything other than hating this if you think Kojima is a hack. Dude makes severely authored experiences moreso than any dev I can think of (save for maybe Moleneux). If you don't like him, how are you gonna like anything he makes?

What? The dude made MGS3 and MGS1. This is much worse then that.

Actually this part of MGS5 feels extremely lazy and un-authored. It just seems like they threw some shit together and called it a day.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2014, 07:51:51 PM »
these spoilers :rofl

Also, here's a speedrun of the main mission on hard

under ten minutes
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2014, 07:53:34 PM »
I didn't think my opinion of Raban's story tastes could get lower after Other M, but...

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2014, 07:57:10 PM »
Complete Spoilres for a 2 hour game:

A group of bad guys led by a man named Skullface put on the FOX patch backwards so it spells XOF (this is literally something that happens) and pretend they're Americans and then go to a prison camp where Chico and Paz are being held and literally have Chico rape Paz all the while they fuk her too. Skullface manages to convince Chico to sell out the location of Outer Heaven (even tho its said once u beat the game that you could see the place from the coastline...) and Skullface has Chico call Snake to divert his attention away as a fake rescue mission. XOF departs slightly before Snake arrives at the prison and then Snake locates Chico who is out of it. Paz isn't where she was supposed to be so Snake goes looking for her. He finds her and they escape on a helicopter. Chico shows Snake a scar on Pazs stomache and then Snake has a medic cut her open and rip out a nucleur bomb. Snake thinks everything is saved until they arrive back at Outer Heaven were surprise it is now burning and destroyed. Miller comes aboard the escape helicopter flips out at now presumed bombless Paz when all of a sudden Paz wakes up and opens the helicopter door where she says "I have another bomb in my" then she jumps out and blows up, implying that Skullface used Chico (who is a child) to rape Paz (who is a child) and take her v card so he could shove a bomb up her vagina. The end.
[close]

jesus FUCKING CHRIST

this almost makes me want a kotaku controversy to make kojima defend his shitty shittyness
pcp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2014, 08:27:53 PM »
I'm still wondering how anyone tries to keep up with or understand any of the mgs stories. They all suck. Not expecting this one to be any better. Mgs1 was the only one with a story that didn't make me tune it out.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
They really weren't hard to follow or bad until 4.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2014, 08:32:54 PM »
wait i thought meth was kidding. were those spoilers real? lol what garbage
dur

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2014, 08:34:43 PM »
I didn't think my opinion of Raban's story tastes could get lower after Other M, but...
Real talk, story just isn't a significant factor when it comes to my feelings on a game. I view it like extra credit: it can only add to the experience.
SRY

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2014, 08:41:47 PM »
Real talk, story just isn't a significant factor when it comes to my feelings on a game. I view it like extra credit: it can only add to the experience.

I roughly feel the same unless the story is being shoved down your throat like in a Kojima game. That being said I think all his games have absurd plotting and such so in this specific case it would be less of an issue for me.

My larger problem here is still the amount of content relative to the price rather than story issues but that's just me.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2014, 08:44:53 PM »
wait i thought meth was kidding. were those spoilers real? lol what garbage

it's all true :lol

but you don't get to see the actual rape part, instead as you play you find audiotape's that simply implies it happens
[close]
<----

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2014, 08:45:24 PM »
I just started this shit and wtf, no more hayter? Sutherland?? Oh god. His voice is awful as snake.

btw I dont pay attention to stories in any games. I think they're all fairly shitty and they lose my interest quickly. The constant dialogue in the mgs games just amps that annoyance up. I do like the style of the cutscenes. I just couldn't tell you what happened

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2014, 08:46:57 PM »
it doesnt fit, which is weird. somehow hayter fit even as big boss. if they had did this for MGS3 it'd prob be better but whatevs
USA

Himu

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »
Holy shit. I cannot support a product like this after reading that.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2014, 08:50:51 PM »
I thought it was slightly weird to switch actors not because I don't think Sutherland could do a good job but because ultimately I don't think it would have any actual effect on sales. It's not like people are going to buy the game because its Sutherland (Although I guess it will ensure slightly more free promotion on mainstream outlets) I thought Hayter got worse and worse at it as it went on but the fan base didn't seem to mind so to me it seemed like a no-brainer to keep him.

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2014, 08:53:18 PM »
I just started this shit and wtf, no more hayter? Sutherland?? Oh god. His voice is awful as snake.

btw I dont pay attention to stories in any games. I think they're all fairly shitty and they lose my interest quickly. The constant dialogue in the mgs games just amps that annoyance up. I do like the style of the cutscenes. I just couldn't tell you what happened

i'm not really feeling sutherland either, but, to be honest, hayter's voice acting wasn't very good.

he was fantastic in mgs1, mgs2 was good enough, but mgs4 was downright embarrassing.
zzz

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »
Hayter wasn't a good VA in 4 for sure. But thats just snakes voice to me. It was jarring and hayter has a gruffness in his voice that is definitely missing with Sutherland.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
has 24 aged well
USA

Hock

« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »
Why can't I just get another (relatively) simple fun spy adventure like MGS3? What is this shit?

Himu

« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2014, 09:41:25 PM »
it's not any better or worse than what Kojima has already done.

:what

No. No. This is 100% not factual.
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2014, 09:56:08 PM »
It just means y'all were way more impressed by the previous games than I was. I played them recently and the story had the same effect in those games that it does here. It's laughably stupid and ultimately forgettable.

All the care and butthurt in here tho, dayum. Vacation-time.
SRY

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2014, 09:57:51 PM »
i cant seem to remember any kid-rape in the old games
pcp

Himu

« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »
Or vagina explosions
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »
i cant seem to remember any kid-rape in the old games

Obviously Raban was using his imagination to insert some back then :hitler

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »
kojima raped my childhood by confusing me into thinking he was a good game maker does that count
USA

Rahxephon91

« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2014, 10:08:57 PM »
MGS1's idea of torture was putting Snake on some giant metal table looking sci fi thing and electrocuting him. A lazer out of golden eye would almost fit here. All while Ocelot breaks the 4th wall.

MGS2 makes penis jokes during it's "torture".

Ground Zeros has implied rape, sticking a bomb in a girl's vagina, and torture that is so graphic they thought they needed a "red" band trailer. All played seriously.

Yeah there's quite a difference in tone and direction with the previous games and this.

It's laughably stupid and ultimately forgettable.

What the hell are you talking about? The first three games are great . They were'nt  forgettable for one and yeah they were  silly, knowingly so, when they needed to be. Ground Zeros is not all showing that same kind of tact.

Please don't lump all these MGS games as this same trash, because they aren't. Not at all.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:16:57 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2014, 10:14:13 PM »
The game play is fun. They can blow up as many vag's as they wanf

Himu

« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »
In MGS3 Big Boss loses his eye. Totally the same thing as rape and vagina explosions.
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2014, 10:17:35 PM »
The Peace Walker storyline is so stupid anyways, it's odd how Kojima went from MGS2 and 3 to the tone set in Peace Walker and 5. 4 was kinda in the middle I guess, but even that had some MGS3 story ish moments (like the noir part).

Sunny ruined everything.
USA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2014, 10:20:21 PM »
I just finished it in 80 minutes. I had fun!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2014, 10:21:12 PM »
They need more scenes of eggs frying in this game for me to take it seriously

Himu

« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2014, 10:22:34 PM »
The game play is fun. They can blow up as many vag's as they wanf

I can see the game play being fun. But after 4 I'm not willing to let bad story get in the way of my enjoyment. I found 1-3 to be very entertaining but reading this just makes me feel grossed out.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2014, 10:29:55 PM »
Why grossed out? The story never ruined my enjoyment before and still hasn't. But as I said I never really pay attention the stories. Hell I'm writing this while the final cut scene plays

Himu

« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2014, 11:10:49 PM »
Why grossed out? The story never ruined my enjoyment before and still hasn't. But as I said I never really pay attention the stories. Hell I'm writing this while the final cut scene plays

It is impossible to not pay attention to the story in a title where story is such a big focus. I tolerate mgs1-3 because they're fun and don't take themselves too seriously. I cannot seriously play a game where story is a main advertised feature when it has rape and vagins explosions. Especially as someone who typically likes mgs characters.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2014, 12:02:29 AM »
Eh, I didn't catch the Vagina bomb until you guys mentioned it. When Paz said "no, there's another one" I'm like "WTF, we just went through your stomach and took a huge-ass C4 out of you..."  ??? Then she exploded anyway and I'm like "brain? head? boobs? something?"

Anyway, I don't mind the "more serious" tone, personally. But I don't think Kojima is built for it and as ya'lls reactions show, that's the truth.

As for me paying $20  (:patel Konami/Retail) for the PS3 version, I don't feel burned with a "tech demo" since I feel the area you stealth around in is plenty big enough to mess about in and the side-missions provide me with enough variety for my $20. :yeshrug

My major issues is the controls and the graphics at times on the PS3 verison. At times the Fox engine can look really good for the console-age, but at other times it's really apparent the console-age really shouldn't support this engine.  :-\

Himu

« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2014, 12:12:07 AM »
Maybe you're just getting older, and have less tolerance for how aggressively distinguished mentally-challenged his games are.

Nope.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »
Raban, you're not helping my case with me being happy being in pig-shit by liking my post.  :lol :'(

I'll take it anyway. Himu can be offended by Snukes while I :yeshrug and just roll with it. Kojima!
[close]

Himu

« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2014, 12:16:24 AM »
:yeshrug I'm about to go play FFX/X-2 HD. Don't care. :yeshrug

Just find the defense for this thing hilarious.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »
Maybe you're just getting older, and have less tolerance for how aggressively distinguished mentally-challenged his games are.

Nope.

I'm just surprised is all. I thought that we unilaterally decided his games are just throwing tinfoil hat poop at the walls and enjoying whether or not it looks like something or not.

I really enjoy 1-3, even today. I hated 4, but I figured he got it out of his system because it was the final chapter in a saga and all that. Metal Gear Solid franchise is great at characters, and they usually have unique and interesting scenarios and plot points.  This has nothing to do with me getting older in any shape or form.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2014, 12:55:59 AM »
:beli

Yes, it's nostalgia that MGS1-3 don't have gang rapes and vagina bombs. :what

IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2014, 01:00:26 AM »
Nostalgia or could it be that the new games are just bad? No that could be it. No it has to be nostalgia AKA the easy way out argument choice. Coming from the peps who just want to lazily go "derp it's all crazy derp derp".

Man Seinfeld is really good even today. Oh I guess it isn't, it's just nostalgia.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:17:20 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Himu

« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2014, 01:01:00 AM »
Ya know, I'm out of this thread. I'm not going to get this, but when critiques are downplayed due to nostalgia (tm) by people who are defending gang rape and the choices of a egomaniac, it's time to bail and let them enjoy their junk food.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2014, 01:01:39 AM »
Stay offended. :umad

Meanwhile: MGS3 is the only decent story writing from Kojima, wacky-antics aside. Why? Because he actually had a fucking proper ending that self-contained itself (until MGS4, "5"/Peace Walker and now 5/Ground Zeroes, The Phantom Pain came in to ruin that).

If MGS1 didn't end on a semi-cliff-hanger ending for Otacon and Meryls ending with Snake, that would've been decent as well. Otherwise MGS1's "story" is pretty good and most of that has to be from Bluestein's translation.

FatalT

« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2014, 01:33:50 AM »
If you listen to the audio tape where Skull Face shoves the second bomb up Paz's vagina, you'll hear the weirdest damn noises in the world. Her vagina must be like, a slippery vacuum or something. SCHCHLURRPP SCCHHLURRPP. I don't think Kojima knows how vaginas work.