Author Topic: MGSV  (Read 32166 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: MGSV
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2014, 01:34:33 AM »
Nostalgia or could it be that the new games are just bad? No that could be it. No it has to be nostalgia AKA the easy way out argument choice. Coming from the peps who just want to lazily go "derp it's all crazy derp derp".

The argument is that you're surprised that something is crazy and off the wall in a goddamned MGS game  :lol

Actually no. My argument is that MGS has always been goofy and silly(though that dosen't make it stupid), so serious things like rape don't fit what has been a very over the top GI Joe/military fantasy series. My problem is MGS5 isn't seemingly trying to present itself as off the wall crazy like the previous games. It hasn't shown itself to have that goofyness.  The series hasn't earned stuff like that.

For a forum that laughs at people who take stories in games too seriously, you're doing the same thing right now.
Yes I am, I don't actually follow the rest of the forum in that "video game stories are bad". Thats the MO for Oscar and the others, but I've clearly always taken stories in games seriously because I like them. I am taking the story seriously, because obviously I enjoy the narrative. All my posts in MGS threads make that annoyingly clear. So no I don't agree that the games have bad stories and have always been bad, because as far as I'm concerned they haven't.

Oh noooo gang rape and vagina bombs! in a series where a hand takes over someones mind, there's a mount rushmore of snakes, and Raiden went full DBZ in the last one.
Yes there's fun crazy like the later and just kind of wrong crazy as in the former.
Who the fuck cares?
I do clearly. MGS 1-3 where crazy, but they were'nt these stupid and confusing games people in retrospect like to to claim they are.

FatalT

« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2014, 01:41:11 AM »

SCCHHLLLOOOURRRPRPPP!

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2014, 01:42:34 AM »
:dead
please lock this thread
SRY

FatalT

« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2014, 01:49:14 AM »

*PAZ VAGINA GOES NOM NOM SCHCLUROURUUOOURP*

CHICO IT'S OKAY, YOU WON'T HURT ME WITH YOUR LITTLE BOY PENIS ~UGUU~

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2014, 01:49:23 AM »
I could justify spending $30 on this for vagina bombs.
fat

Hock

« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2014, 01:55:09 AM »
I get what everyone is saying and usually I agree, I'm totally onboard with Kojima craziness as long as it isn't as boring and tedious as it was for most of 4.  But man this particular plot point sounds really misguided in more of a "this is kinda insensitive and gross" way and not a "this is insane and wacky" way.  I'm not gonna refuse to buy the actual MGS5 when it comes out over it, but Kojima deserves the shit he gets for this.

Himu

« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2014, 02:22:20 AM »
I get that it's a line, I'm not debating against that. I'm just surprised that something Kojima did is suddenly rustling jimmies, which is probably what he wanted, but not this way.

IYKYK

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2014, 05:16:24 AM »
Just finished it, didn't read this thread so I was not at all ready for the fucked up shit that appeared

Also listened to all the tapes and seriously wtf, it's impossible to treat any of this as serious drama when the bad guy sounds like fucking Vegeta

Thank god for Redbox

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2014, 07:12:32 AM »
kid-rape is now ok if 1)she is secretly 9000 year old demon
                             2)was coerced by ancient vampire/cyborg ninja/NANOMACHINES 
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2014, 07:20:55 AM »
i mean a completely acceptable act as long as it is placed in proper context
pcp

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2014, 08:18:38 AM »
Raban, you're not helping my case with me being happy being in pig-shit by liking my post.  :lol :'(

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll take it anyway. Himu can be offended by Snukes while I :yeshrug and just roll with it. Kojima!
[close]

snuke?

The episode begins when a new student enrolls in Ms. Garrison's class. He is named Bahir Hassam Abdul Hakeem, a child of Muslim parents whose mere presence makes Cartman paranoid to the point that he leaves class, asking Ms. Garrison whether Bahir has been searched for bombs. Angered by this, Ms. Garrison tells Cartman to stop being so intolerant, stating that most Muslims do not resort to terrorism, but Cartman ignorantly states that not all Muslims are terrorists, but most of them are. Suspecting that the Muslim kid and his parents are involved in a terrorist attack, Cartman calls Kyle (who is at home sick), on his cell phone during recess, and Cartman asks him to do a web search for Bahir's background. Cartman also asks Kyle to see if there are important events that day, and figures that Bahir may target Hillary Clinton, who is in town for a political rally. Cartman takes this as a terrorist threat, then proceeds to call the CIA, stubbornly claiming that he will only speak directly to the President.

A short while later, the school is evacuated via a fire alarm and announcement from Principal Victoria. Bahir goes with Butters to hang out, and Butters starts to accept Bahir as a friend. As that is happening, the CIA calls Clinton's convoy to warn them of a possible threat. They decide to continue the rally, and as she is doing so, her security finds that there is a nuclear device in Hillary Clinton's vagina. This was referred to as a "Snuke" (a suitcase nuke designed to fit in a woman's "snizz") in Clinton's "snatch". To try to locate the detonator, Cartman tortures Bahir's parents by farting in their faces. Cartman gets no response and once he hears that Bahir is at Butters' house, Cartman runs off.

While Cartman attempts to accost Bahir while running away from Butters' house, a group of Russian neo-soviets abduct both Cartman and Bahir, the former for alerting the CIA to the attempted terrorist attack. While they threaten their prisoners, their conversation reveals that the Russians who placed the snuke are merely pawns in service of America's oldest rival - the British. The Russians are a distraction while an 18th-century style fleet of British wooden sailing vessels make a surprise attack to "put an end to the American Revolution". After Kyle, Stan, the FBI, ATF, Homeland Security, the President's personal staff, Central Intelligence Agency, and finally a single NSA representative take over Kyle's bedroom (and end up relieving each other of duty in the space of a few minutes), they all work towards finishing what Kyle and Stan had started: uncovering the terrorists' intentions, finishing just as Cartman finds out about the plan himself. They raid the mercenaries, but the Russians then warn the federal agents that the detonator is set to go off when the clock reaches 1:00. However, the power is cut and the clock is reset, blinking 12:00 repeatedly once the power comes back on. The various American soldiers open fire on the Russian terrorists and free Eric and Bahir. Meanwhile, the United States Air Force attacks and effortlessly destroys the British fleet. Upon hearing the news of the attack's failure from the fleet's leader, the Queen commits suicide.

wow when your serious spy story sounds exactly like a south park parody of 24 you know you fucked it up :neogaf
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2014, 09:04:09 AM »
Stick of Truth already had a Snuke as well. Anusnuke.
fat

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2014, 09:05:41 AM »
another reason to not trust wraths opinions on vidya. ya got bad taste brah
dur

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2014, 09:24:48 AM »
Stick of Truth already had a Snuke as well. Anusnuke.

i know, i didn't want to spoil it >:(
<----

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2014, 09:37:32 AM »
Why grossed out? The story never ruined my enjoyment before and still hasn't. But as I said I never really pay attention the stories. Hell I'm writing this while the final cut scene plays

It is impossible to not pay attention to the story in a title where story is such a big focus. I tolerate mgs1-3 because they're fun and don't take themselves too seriously. I cannot seriously play a game where story is a main advertised feature when it has rape and vagins explosions. Especially as someone who typically likes mgs characters.
Not impossible, sis.  I have played all the games in the main series and I couldn't explain anything regarding the story for these games.

I'll just say I can't seem to get offended by video games I guess.  That's not a knock against anyone that finds it offensive though.  I can understand that point of view

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2014, 09:38:39 AM »
Just finished it, didn't read this thread so I was not at all ready for the fucked up shit that appeared

Also listened to all the tapes and seriously wtf, it's impossible to treat any of this as serious drama when the bad guy sounds like fucking Vegeta

Thank god for Redbox
Uhhhh Vegeta had the best voice in DBZ by far... And he's the best villain too.  They were all downhill after Vegeta.

VEGETA

Himu

« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
The older I get the more story and story presentation becomes important to me. Not so much in a Buy games for story sense but if I'm playing a game and story and characters drive me insane it is impossible for me to enjoy the game. I already established that with mgs4. The stuff starts to stick out. Plus I LIKE game stories for the most part.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2014, 11:20:54 AM »
I see.  I'm the opposite.  I used to care about stories a lot more in games but now as I get older I care less and less.  Oh my god I'm going to be a mobile gaming dude soon

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »
This game brought me a little joy.  The joy of laughing at suckers who bought this shit for 30$
vin

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »
Himuro just fucking spoiled the game for me with his fucking gaf like rant in FB :snoop

Demand limits and censorship in your stories brehs.  :heh
Drunk

Steve Contra

« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »
Diunx preemptively stanning a game that'll cost three months his salary for 70 minutes of gameplay  :neogaf
vin

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »
I think we never saw shit like this before because Sony had the wrathful hand of publishing down onKojima to stop him from going full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow. But once Microsoft ocmes in with buckets of money theres no more control of Kojima. Shame.
USA

Diunx

« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2014, 12:42:24 PM »
I just finished it in 80 minutes. I had fun!

Are there any side missions?
Drunk

Tasty

« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »
I think we never saw shit like this before because Sony had the wrathful hand of publishing down onKojima to stop him from going full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow. But once Microsoft ocmes in with buckets of money theres no more control of Kojima. Shame.

:what

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »
:spin
SRY

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »
I just finished it in 80 minutes. I had fun!

Are there any side missions?
Yeah there are.  I heard they are super short though.  I haven't had a chance to play any yet.

Diunx

« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Meh will wait till is 10 on ebay, will youtube those rape scenes tho  :shaq
Drunk

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2014, 01:14:32 PM »
yeah I ended up getting it for $10 bucks with credit plus I got the ten buck gift card from TRU.  So I'm pretty happy with it.

FatalT

« Reply #208 on: March 19, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »
Himuro just fucking spoiled the game for me with his fucking gaf like rant in FB :snoop

Demand limits and censorship in your stories brehs.  :heh

He did you a favor. Now you can avoid this turd!

Himu

« Reply #209 on: March 19, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »
TIL metal gear fans look forward gang rapes and vaginas exploding and get mad when you "spoil" these "features" for them.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
I blame everyone who joked about chronic diarrhea being integral to mgs4's plot.  or the pedophilia in mgs peace walker.  or the incest in mgs2.

Himu

« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2014, 03:16:40 PM »
The diarrhea stuff in MGS4 was pretty bad. Just utterly baffling writing.

I haven't played Peace Walker.

The Otakon step mom thing was hilarious to me. Hahahahahahahahaha. Otakon you pussy. Hahaha. That game. :lol
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:29:31 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

FatalT

« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2014, 03:16:44 PM »
SCCHHPOORRRLLSCCCHHH! That's the sound of a bomb going in your vagina Diunx <3

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2014, 03:17:22 PM »
it's still funny to me that mgs2's story is so crammed full of dumb shit that I always forget it had a whole subplot about incest
pcp

Diunx

« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »
TIL metal gear fans look forward gang rapes and vaginas exploding and get mad when you "spoil" these "features" for them.

Just because you feel Kojima crossed some imaginary line that you a some other prudes created doesn't mean you have to go around ruining the storyline to people that haven't played the game yet.
Drunk

Himu

« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »
Exploding vaginas and gang rape is "ruining the story".

Also, prudes. :obama
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2014, 03:20:12 PM »
the base they built in peace walker also gets blown up
pcp

Himu

« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »
it's still funny to me that mgs2's story is so crammed full of dumb shit that I always forget it had a whole subplot about incest

ahahahaha the part where she's scared of bugs, so you STEP ON THEM.

EMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tocry tocry :heh :sabu :lol :dead

That game is so funny man.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »
if anyone talks about Feng Shui or Movies when you save in MGSV I DON'T WANNA KNOW, okay?

IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »
did you say nerd
pcp

Himu

« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2014, 03:24:45 PM »

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »
Jack, you DON'T HAVE A TV WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU

:heh
IYKYK

Steve Contra

« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »
Wait until Diunx turns 16, maturity will really spoil MGS's storyline
vin

Himu

« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2014, 03:31:27 PM »
Okay. Okay. best MGS2 moment:

President JOHNSON grabs Raiden's JOHNSON.

:lol :lol :lol
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »
dis is kinda funny coming from the guy who is curerntly playing FFX-2
USA

Himu

« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »
:what

They are both CLEARLY cheesecake. MGS2 and FFX-2 are HILARIOUS. ???
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2014, 03:35:53 PM »
o i thought u were being sarcastic about the humor
USA

Diunx

« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
if anyone talks about Feng Shui or Movies when you save in MGSV I DON'T WANNA KNOW, okay?

Yeah they are completely the same thing :snoop

I'm out this thread, Himu just pressed the full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow button.
Drunk

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2014, 03:42:15 PM »
there isn't even a codec anymore in MGS5 so don't hold ur hopes up
USA

Himu

« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2014, 03:45:07 PM »

Yeah they are completely the same thing :snoop

I'm out this thread, Himu just pressed the full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow button.

Jack you DON'T HAVE A TV.
IYKYK

FatalT

« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2014, 03:45:52 PM »

Huh...welp.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »
but when is it okay to put a bomb inside the vagina of a female to kill your male archrival?
<----

Himu

« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2014, 03:51:14 PM »
Man, there need to be cheesecake B-movie like games like MGS2. I'm not talking the Bulletstorm crappy dialogue kind either. Maybe the Duke Nukem 3d kind. I'm not sure. But there needs to be more cheese and more B-movie shit so I can laugh more.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »
The best scene in MGS2 is right after Evee (sic?) dies, when Snake, Otacon and Raiden do their slow motion walk towards the camera. :lol
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:59:17 PM by Rufus »

Himu

« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2014, 03:56:39 PM »
AAHHAHAHA. YES, that is amazing. :lol
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »
i marked out hardcore to that scene but to be fair i was only like 12 at time time :(
USA

Himu

« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2014, 04:00:22 PM »

8:29

Oh my GODDDDD :rofl
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2014, 04:01:53 PM »