Author Topic: It's 20XX and people are mad online about Star War!  (Read 557667 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: The Star War is dead. Long live the Star War! [pbuh]
« Reply #4680 on: December 26, 2019, 05:28:53 PM »
Here’s why the prequels are better  :pimp

George Lucas created some of your fondest childhood memories, so therefore he has the right to fuck them up  :salute

(ice)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4681 on: December 26, 2019, 05:37:08 PM »
Putting Clones above ANY movie is grounds for having your opinion mocked.
dog

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4682 on: December 26, 2019, 05:39:44 PM »
You want a super cool 80s aesthetic you watch cherry 2000 not return of the fucking jedi

This looks amazing! Can’t believe I’ve never heard of it. Is it actually worth watching or is it boring?
serge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4683 on: December 26, 2019, 05:40:05 PM »
Well, one thing that sucks about AOTC is the Anakin/Padme plot that was dragged out.
Which, unlike writing Luke Skywalker into a ditch is pretty inoffensive.

AOTC is mostly just a dull snore fest.
When you put a gun to my head I'd probably prefer to watch TLJ over AOTC.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4684 on: December 26, 2019, 06:00:00 PM »
The making of doc for AOTC looks like Hayden and Natalie actually have chemistry on and off screen and Hayden is actually a solid actor and Lucas took the absolute worst takes for every scene and that's what he used in the movie.

I still remember a bit from the doc regarding a scene where Padme and Anakin are standing silently side-by-side and then Padme turns around and leaves. Lucas thought the scene was missing something so instead of reshooting the scene he just digitally tweaked Anakin's hand to where it reaches out to touch Padme's hand. I feel like this says a great deal about how he directed his actors.
dog

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4685 on: December 26, 2019, 06:06:10 PM »
The making of doc for AOTC looks like Hayden and Natalie actually have chemistry on and off screen and Hayden is actually a solid actor and Lucas took the absolute worst takes for every scene and that's what he used in the movie.
Having watched AOTC, ROFT, Jumper and that movie with Jessica Alba where he wakes during surgery... he could've fooled me.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4686 on: December 26, 2019, 06:21:43 PM »
I think George especially after TPM realized they couldn't catch lightning in a bottle with Star Wars again so he just had to make the movies he wanted to make the best he could.
That and the sales of everything Star Wars during the prequel era were great so no financial stress. During the creation of TPM a lot was riding on the success of that movie.

One of the reasons he sold everything to Disney was partly the financial burden on LucasFilm to again produce a movie trilogy in an increasingly difficult market.
He didn't think it was fair to those that worked there to put the company on the line.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #4687 on: December 26, 2019, 07:08:08 PM »
Also, Luke with a green lightsaber in all black is some sexy shit.

Am I the only one that associates Luke way more with his green lightsaber than his first blue one (Anakin's)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4688 on: December 26, 2019, 07:31:31 PM »
You want a super cool 80s aesthetic you watch cherry 2000 not return of the fucking jedi

This looks amazing! Can’t believe I’ve never heard of it. Is it actually worth watching or is it boring?

Goofy more than anything. Same guy who did Miracle Mile and it's got a similar silliness to it.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4689 on: December 26, 2019, 07:38:49 PM »
I remember Miracle Mile being pretty fun. Might have to rewatch that and give this a spin. Thanks for the interesting rec.
serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4690 on: December 26, 2019, 10:16:55 PM »

It's worth watching.

©@©™

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4691 on: December 26, 2019, 11:31:31 PM »
This is America. People died for my right to have an opinion and if that means I want to rank Attack of the Clones above Return of the Jedi you just have to deal with it.
每天生气

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4692 on: December 26, 2019, 11:52:32 PM »
This is America.
This is the Bore, there are no rights. :'(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4693 on: December 27, 2019, 12:10:05 AM »
I've never been down with Return hate. The movie itself has this super cool 80s asthetic. It looks really gritty in a way none of the others do. The begining is really cool. Jabba's palace is so atmospheric in its dinginess and feels like a cool portion of Star Wars that we parley see. The first action scene is such a cool "getting the gang back together" sequence. I love it. Luke is super cool in this part of the movie. The assault on the Death Star 2 is the the definite Star Wars space battle. All of the Luke stuff is great.

Yeah the Ewoks bring it down, but I still feel there's plenty of cool stuff and great character moments. I like it a lot.

The last time I watched it, I enjoyed it more than I'd remembered, but those damned Ewoks really are a cheap, obvious marketing ploy.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4694 on: December 27, 2019, 12:28:57 AM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4695 on: December 27, 2019, 12:31:51 AM »
Cool
It's really just despite it having the Ewoks, to me as a kid Return has also had a different look then the other movies. I'd describe it as dirty honestly. Jabba's palace is pretty dingy looking. The rebel alliance looks really run down even more so then the other movies. I don't know it's always looked more "mature to me".

When I said 80s, I also meant like it's got that 80s film stock look. I guess I was talking about the texture and effects.

I've been watching it a lot because I have a copy of Project 4k83 and since their work looks like literal film stock it's just been on my mind.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Sw6iGFL
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 12:51:49 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4696 on: December 27, 2019, 04:04:14 AM »
Saw it. First half was a appallingly bad with weird logic, even for a Star Wars movie. Second half was better, but I was glad when it was over.

So many wasted characters. What were Poe and Finn even doing in this trilogy?

The whole First Order thing was so badly conceived from TFA and then just got more convoluted and more stupid as shit went on. If they were going to go with Palpatine as the villain, then they should have not bothered with Snoke (another wasted character).

The story should have started with Kylo as Luke's Padawan and getting turned by Snoke the end of TFA, then there would have been some payoff at the end. As it was, there was no sympathy/empathy for Kylo at all, even when he was redeemed.

The whole story group should be taken out the back and shot.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #4697 on: December 27, 2019, 04:18:29 AM »
Do you think back in the 3rd century as new books of the Bible were being released, people were having similar reactions as they are to Star Wars?

"WTF, now Jesus can walk on water in this one?" "His mother is a virgin now?!"

one of the most mindblowing things to me was finding out that the new testament basically said to ignore everything in the old testament

i mean, i know "religion lol" and and all, but even then, that's some masterful trolling by god

* The humor problem with this film has not been overstated. Call it marvel humor or whatever you want, the

no joke (ha, get it??), there was probably a grand total of two, MAYBE three times the audience in my theater laughed (for both movies)

made me regain a tiny bit of faith in humanity  :rejoice

It's more like,"oh hey, most of our converts are non-jews."

"Make them jews then."

"They...they don't like the whole circumcision thing. Also, they view Jesus as literal God."

And then you make two different sects, one grows more than the other until one almost dies out, and then the big non-jew one becomes the default and immediately starts persecuting Jewish-Christian sects because to deny Jesus' divinity became a heresy.

But yes, religion lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4698 on: December 27, 2019, 04:22:20 AM »
I've never been down with Return hate. The movie itself has this super cool 80s asthetic. It looks really gritty in a way none of the others do. The begining is really cool. Jabba's palace is so atmospheric in its dinginess and feels like a cool portion of Star Wars that we parley see. The first action scene is such a cool "getting the gang back together" sequence. I love it. Luke is super cool in this part of the movie. The assault on the Death Star 2 is the the definite Star Wars space battle. All of the Luke stuff is great.

Yeah the Ewoks bring it down, but I still feel there's plenty of cool stuff and great character moments. I like it a lot.

Still my favorite Star Wars even if Empire is objectively better
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4699 on: December 27, 2019, 04:27:25 AM »
All good points but the bad parts drag it way down for me. Flattest acting in the original trilogy, superfluous additions (did Leia really have to be Luke's sister?), mostly subpar action. If they had cut 40 minutes out of this film it might have actually been a good movie.

I think part of it is that I've watched a star wars movie every night for a week because my mom wants to feel more American and I just want it to be over already. And by it I mean my life

There is absolutely nothing in the prequels as good as this

This is Star Wars at its height. Nothing in the franchise gets better than this. Empire is a better movie but Jedi had better moments.

Luke Skywalker tempted to cross the dark side, choosing not to, and Vader redeeming himself IS the penultimate star wars scene and nothing can change my mind.

GOAT.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4701 on: December 27, 2019, 02:03:03 PM »

:jeb
dog

Tasty

« Reply #4702 on: December 27, 2019, 03:35:23 PM »
Shout out to Disney for making a sequel trilogy to Star Wars that resets the universe to what it was before the end of ROTJ so they could make 3 movies that ends with the same ending as ROTJ.

And make $3.973 billion (and counting) in the process :ohyeah :success

Tasty

« Reply #4703 on: December 27, 2019, 03:40:18 PM »
Yeah, JJ sucks. His best movie, Super 8, was a straight Spielberg rip off. Which in a weird way could work, since if he just straight rips off OG Star Wars people would eat it up and not care.

:bow Wrath the Prophet :bow2

Tasty

Re: How bout that Star War huh?
« Reply #4704 on: December 27, 2019, 03:43:17 PM »
Why does everyone think that Abrams is doing the entire trilogy?

Man I kinda wish I had seen what that had been like...

The language in a lot of posts suggests people think he's doing more than one movie though.

:heyman Narrator: "He did."

Tasty

« Reply #4705 on: December 27, 2019, 03:44:02 PM »
Man what a fucking whacky timeline we ended up in.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4707 on: December 27, 2019, 05:47:38 PM »
DISNEY REMAKE SEQUEL TRILOGY PLZ
dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4708 on: December 27, 2019, 06:06:11 PM »
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: It's 20XX and people are mad online about Star War!
« Reply #4709 on: December 27, 2019, 07:27:48 PM »
Mando is a bit of a chubster.  Think he just keeps the helmet on from embarrassment. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4710 on: December 27, 2019, 07:39:10 PM »
Just realized how weird it is that droids often can understand common speech but can't speak it.  This has got to be a class/slave thing.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4711 on: December 27, 2019, 07:42:01 PM »
That was a very uneven episode. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4712 on: December 27, 2019, 08:56:21 PM »
Went to see The Rise of Skywalker

- The start of the movie is a mess. JJ was left with NOTHING after TLJ, so he retcons everything and sets up a new plot in the first 20 minutes. Just let it happen and wait for it to get better
- Scene after the scene is bombarded on screen at a breakneck pace (member kylo, member rey, member leia, member finn) the epilepsy warning at the start of the film made sense  :doge
- Luckily it slows down a bit after all the plot points are in place and from that point forward it becomes enjoyable
spoiler (click to show/hide)
- The plot is fairly simple, all the characters must find the secret Sith planet with a hidden fleet of Star Destroyers being prepared to destroy the Galaxy
- Hux being the spy makes no fucking sense considering he set off the events in TFA, his sole motivation is to make Kylo lose(?)
- Rey's heritage makes sense in a way but Palpatine's plan doesn't
- Palps sends Kylo to kill Rey, while in fact near the end we learn he wants her to strike him down so she can become the empress. Kylo nearly succeeded in killing her if it wasn't for Leia, so why was Palps so sure it would go as he had foreseen (especially when he says he had not foreseen Leia intervening)
- The various locales and planets our heroes rush through are pretty neat
- Unlike TLJ all the character interactions in the movie work well. It's great to see Finn and Poe team up again with Rey
- Rose needs to look at some schematics or some shit, lmao JJ you wrecked Rian  :lol
- Lando is handled surprisingly well
- The death of Chewie was another 'cheap' Disney cop-out? Not to mention the lack of reaction of the other dudes that Rey just seemingly killed him "Wasn't your fault you blew him up with lightning Rey", errr it was
- In fact, none of the main characters seem to die except Leia who dies because she talked to Kylo? Why did she have to die?
- The battles are really well done. The saber battle between Kylo and Rey is very well executed, as is their rivalry throughout the film
- The massive space battle at the end is massive but doesn't always feel that way, especially when the back-up fleet arrives. At some points the flaming Star Destroyers just drop from the sky for no real reason(?)
- Why are thousands of Palps followers sitting in a stadium, what where they waiting for, why are they sitting there?
- Kylo vs. Palps is laughable
- Rey vs. Palps is neat, would've been better if they also had a lightsaber fight
- Kylo being dead and suddenly not dead and then dead again is weird and stupid, either the fall killed him or it didn't
- Finn suddenly 'feeling' the Force seems weird? Is he a Jedi or not? This is never followed up on but the signs point to yes
- Rey is a Skywalker, I liked that it actually works on 3 levels:
1: Leia/Luke in a sense are Rey's adoptive parents
2: She completely removes the Palpatine name from the Galaxy by using Skywalker instead
3: Her kids, should she have them, are Skywalkers too, continuing the Skywalker family name(which died with Ben) instead of Palpatine
- Kinda weird that no one in the film really elaborates why Palps is such a powerful/scary motherfucker, especially to those who weren't around in the last war
- Overall it feels like this movie should've been TLJ+TROS instead of just TROS. Leia training Rey is just making up for the fact that Luke never did. It even goes as far as to have Luke say: "I was wrong and made a mistake" when Rey decides to seclude herself
- In a way this bring Star Wars full circle. Anakin Skywalker was manipulated by Sheev to not be the Jedi he was destined to be but to join the Sith instead. Rey Palpatine was manipulated by Leia/Luke to not be the Sith she was destined to be but join the Jedi instead.
[close]

You can watch this without having seen any previous Star Wars films, it's kinda weird for a 'finale' in that sense.
Overall I liked it much better than TLJ but I think TFA was better paced and balanced. In terms of spectacle this takes the cake (how can it not with 100+ Star Destroyers). 
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4713 on: December 27, 2019, 09:09:48 PM »
You can watch this without having seen any previous Star Wars films, it's kinda weird for a 'finale' in that sense.

This is a pretty astute and damning summery of the new trilogy. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4714 on: December 27, 2019, 09:19:00 PM »
I fucking hate to say this, but I kind of want to read the novelization and see if there are ways this story makes more sense. The dagger and hidden tomb treatment felt like JJ Abrams making a play to be able to handle the Indiana Jones reboot we all know must be coming.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4715 on: December 27, 2019, 09:25:37 PM »
- In a way this bring Star Wars full circle. Anakin Skywalker was manipulated by Sheev to not be the Jedi he was destined to be but to join the Sith instead. Rey Palpatine was manipulated by Leia/Luke to not be the Sith she was destined to be but join the Jedi instead.
[close]

I like this part the most out of everything you posted.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4716 on: December 27, 2019, 09:27:30 PM »
I fucking hate to say this, but I kind of want to read the novelization and see if there are ways this story makes more sense. The dagger and hidden tomb treatment felt like JJ Abrams making a play to be able to handle the Indiana Jones reboot we all know must be coming.
The story isn't that far fetched actually. It's just that in the previous movie about 3 things happened and in this movie about 40 things happen within the span of 30 minutes.
It felt like that first LEGO movie with just shit happening at mach speed. It's like all previous Star Wars movies thrown in a blender and combined to make whatever this is.

They also don't bother to explain anything. Light speed jumping wtf is that, how do the TIE's follow along with light speed jumping?
Why does it work better than just jumping to light speed and escaping?
Before you can ask yourself about 20 different new things have happened.
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4717 on: December 27, 2019, 09:31:09 PM »
The story isn't that far fetched actually. It's just that in the previous movie about 3 things happened and in this movie about 40 things happen within the span of 30 minutes.
It felt like that first LEGO movie with just shit happening at mach speed. It's like all previous Star Wars movies thrown in a blender and combined to make whatever this is.

They also don't bother to explain anything. Light speed jumping wtf is that, how do the TIE's follow along with light speed jumping?
Why does it work better than just jumping to light speed and escaping?
Before you can ask yourself about 20 different new things have happened.

Yeah, unless Discount Empire First Order started putting hyperdrives in their TIEs, there is no sense to this. I'd post that they were so close that they were caught in the Falcon's "hyperspace wake" — but that's also me making shit up on the fly.

The trouble is, JJ Abrams is an enthusiastic filmmaker, but he doesn't care when he breaks shit. One of the Trek films, maybe his first, he has transporters beam across SYSTEMS to plant the team on that Klingon planet. It's fucking crazy, and he doesn't care.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4718 on: December 27, 2019, 09:41:31 PM »
Luke, the most powerful Jedi Master couldn't figure out someone was hiding in a cave beneath a sinkhole?  :doge

Palps, who keeps an eye on basically everything never wondered where his spy/bounty hunter might've gone and never tried to recover the ship?

Palps, who ran the First Order from the shadows, didn't figure out right away that this weird sensitive force girl from Jakku his army was chasing in TFA was actually his granddaughter who was last seen on Jakku?
[close]
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #4719 on: December 27, 2019, 10:26:39 PM »
I saw the new Star War.  I liked it well enough.   :idont

Maybe now they got all the skywalker shit out of the way they can make actually good movies.

I think you mean just ultimate. Unless you think there's a better scene than that.
Cindi meant penultimate because Yub Nub  :rejoice

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4720 on: December 28, 2019, 01:05:53 AM »
Some really stupid shit from the movie/trilogy:

Why does the dagger line up with the death Star wreckage and why was Rey standing in just the right spot to line it up?

In 6 previous movies, no one ever mentioned that Palpatine had a child.

Who/why was Snoke?

Where did Luke training Leia come from? No one mentioned that before as far as I'm aware.
[close]
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4721 on: December 28, 2019, 02:16:02 AM »
It was ok. I enjoyed it.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4722 on: December 28, 2019, 08:34:43 AM »
was looking through this tweet

https://twitter.com/Hectorisfunny/status/1210216613712220160

this dude is hilariously aggro  :umad

https://twitter.com/Hectorisfunny/status/1210234470978199553

https://twitter.com/Hectorisfunny/status/1210259075088470017

even people who would be on his side are annoyed because "saving what you love" invokes the tired old trope of a woman needing a love interest

https://twitter.com/oneawkwardgeek/status/1210224503252553730

or trying to let him down easy by saying ehhh jettison rose and just have it starring kelly marie tran because rose is "limited"  :lol

https://twitter.com/adamhlavac/status/1210322982666530816

one of his tweets led me to this article

‘Star Wars’ merch accused of removing Rose Tico from designs

Fans are asking, #WheresRose?

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1180209933154840576

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1180413188761780225

yeah let's just uh photoshop that out  :neogaf

wait I've got a solution guys you can print out this rose yourself and slap her on anything you like

https://twitter.com/padmesdresses/status/1180154476314759168

#charactersaved
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4723 on: December 28, 2019, 08:55:22 AM »
             RoseGate ?
           /
 :isthis
ὕβρις

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4724 on: December 28, 2019, 10:11:14 AM »
lol this movie was a fucking mess but goddamn I enjoyed it all the same.  It felt like fan fiction

Complete waste of what TLJ established but eh. 

TFA: 7/10
TLJ: 8.5/10
ROS: 6/10
püp

Himu

« Reply #4725 on: December 28, 2019, 12:27:37 PM »
Yub nub :rejoice
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4726 on: December 28, 2019, 12:42:20 PM »
TROS is perhaps the biggest contrast between Disney Star Wars and Lucas prequel Star Wars.
It's just shit flying on screen at light speed while AOTC was mostly about people sitting around and talking and even in action scenes it found moments to pause for dialogue.

🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4727 on: December 28, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »
Read some stuff about how they were still editing and cutting things from TROS days until it was released.

Apparently the scene in which Ben Solo dies is reversed and actually shows him being revived by Rey.
There's also shots of Rey talking to dying Ben and you see her mouth moving but the dialogue has been removed.
There's also scenes with Hux, Pryde and Kylo cut from the film.

Expect a ton more to leak now that it is released.
🤴

Coffee Dog

« Reply #4728 on: December 28, 2019, 02:18:13 PM »
I really like Mandalorian, even if it doesn't blow me away. It feels very much like a diet Genndy Tartakovsky project, with the economy of dialogue. I just wish it had his eye for scene composition or his willingness to really slow down.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4729 on: December 28, 2019, 02:23:17 PM »
I sort of envision Jon Favreau's mailbox with 3000 unread emails from various Disney executives saying:

"This looks pretty good but shouldn't we speed it up?"
"Where are the light sabers?"
"We just finished up CG Leia for TROS, would you like to include her in your project?"
until it escalates to:
"URGENT: JON WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THE MANDALORIAN"

🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4730 on: December 28, 2019, 02:23:19 PM »
TROS is perhaps the biggest contrast between Disney Star Wars and Lucas prequel Star Wars.
It's just shit flying on screen at light speed while AOTC was mostly about people sitting around and talking and even in action scenes it found moments to pause for dialogue.

(Image removed from quote.)

this contrast reminds me exactly of this contrast from plinkett

Uncle

Tuckers Law

« Reply #4731 on: December 28, 2019, 02:33:17 PM »
That’s because any emotional nuance (ham-fisted as it could be) that Lucas tried to infuse in the movies was lost in its transition over to Disney.  It’s all surface-level “oh we are having fun yes?” types of action.  It’s the same difference between movies with car chases that have meaning behind them and movies that are only concerned if the car chase looks cool; the chases with meaning always stand out more over time.

Himu

« Reply #4732 on: December 28, 2019, 03:33:17 PM »

this contrast reminds me exactly of this contrast from plinkett

Why I can't help but laugh any time I read someone compare Last Jedi with Empire.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #4733 on: December 28, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1180216378281717760

Lol. Rose was legit replaced on the official poster with the stupidest looking alien in all 9 movies that had like 30 seconds of screen time.

Tasty

« Reply #4734 on: December 28, 2019, 07:45:42 PM »
NGL I can see why Rose fans are salty.

That said, I still cannot see why they stan such a character except as a dishonest purity test marker.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4735 on: December 28, 2019, 08:12:52 PM »
Rose was hardly a character in TLJ so no wonder they didn't bring her back in TROS.
What exactly is there to 'stan'? The only characters that had a real arc this trilogy were Rey and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo and maybe Luke and Leia.
There was hardly a character arc for Finn or Poe. They were just tagging along for the ride. Same with the bad guys, Hux, Pryde, whatever other First Order shouting man existed.
It was all background noise.

JJ made sure Kerri got millions and good PR out of this film though. Guess they need someone (anyone) to do Star Wars bits with the late night show hosts now that Daisy, Isaac and Boyega are done with Star Wars.  :lol
https://twitter.com/FallonTonight/status/1210968656399814657
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4736 on: December 28, 2019, 09:51:46 PM »
Lol. Rose was legit replaced on the official poster with the stupidest looking alien in all 9 movies that had like 30 seconds of screen time.

Still more screen time than she got.  :'(
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4737 on: December 28, 2019, 11:29:57 PM »
That said, I still cannot see why they stan such a character except as a dishonest purity test marker.

I mean, that's basically all pop culture discourse on the internet these days.
dog

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4738 on: December 28, 2019, 11:46:43 PM »
To be fair, instead of creating a new pointless underdeveloped character they should have just used Rose.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4739 on: December 29, 2019, 12:09:10 AM »
Imagine giving that much of a shit about a throwaway character who had a hotter sister that died in the first five minutes of the second terrible film. Jesus.

Like it's terrible that they white-washed her out of merchandise, but I can understand why: 1) Fans hate her, for better or worse 2) her products under sold mostly because of #1 to where they had a shit ton of toys featuring her sent back/clearances/destroyed and probably secretly 3) the actress asked because she's probably over Star Wars like the main 3 are at this point due to harassment so she wants nothing to do with it and her contract is up.