Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 885396 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: minor inconveniences that are not struggles
« Reply #8280 on: November 07, 2020, 12:53:49 PM »
My dogs kidney disease has progressed a bit since last year.  Vet says its a bit concerning but we are basically doing everything we can for it now anyways  :(

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #8281 on: November 07, 2020, 02:47:34 PM »
 :'(

Tasty

« Reply #8282 on: November 14, 2020, 12:21:45 PM »
Had to help my mom order a bunch of Markiplier "Unus Annus" merch for my preteen niece for Xmas :stahp

Both of us were going "It's not 'anus', right?"

Also jesus christ the store website is horrible, I guess dancing skeleton GIFs on the loading screens means you're too cool to make a well-designed and performant website. :idont

I officially don't get young people. :snoop

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8283 on: November 14, 2020, 05:53:08 PM »
Sorry about your Annus issue. 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8284 on: November 14, 2020, 06:09:16 PM »
started seeing that shid pop up on the tumblr a few days ago. thought it was something the gays are into like supra naturals  :trumps

Tasty

« Reply #8285 on: November 14, 2020, 08:50:24 PM »
started seeing that shid pop up on the tumblr a few days ago. thought it was something the gays are into like supra naturals  :trumps

It's the youngs this time more than the gays :jeanluc

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8286 on: November 23, 2020, 07:07:35 PM »
Either of my kids seems to need to run the hair dryer when I'm actively trying to listen to something. It never fails. The hair dryer never runs when I'm reading or writing or otherwise uninvolved with hearing.

Tasty

« Reply #8287 on: November 23, 2020, 07:40:24 PM »
Mystery migraines. :(

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #8288 on: November 23, 2020, 09:35:12 PM »
Ever time I go take a shit someone decides to knock on my shop door.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8289 on: November 24, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »
Kind of similar - every time someone knocks on my back door I need to take a shit.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #8290 on: November 25, 2020, 03:24:16 PM »
I don't know why this set me off, but I got so pissed off last night. I've been getting unwanted magazine subscriptions (Sports Illustrated/Businessweek) to my house the past few weeks. So, I looked up the customer service #'s of both companies and called to cancel it.

Turns out some "third party" bought me a subscription and then I have to call them to outright cancel. The magazine companies can only "suspend deliveries".  And these companies have shady-ass names like Subco or International Magazine Retailers. You never get ahold of a person and it always puts you to voice mail.  So, now I've wasted an hour of my life on this bullshit I never asked for, but have to do due diligence on it, so I don't get shaken down for money down the road.

I've never written a congressperson before, but this shit makes me want to. Even though it would be a moot point.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #8291 on: November 25, 2020, 06:23:35 PM »
Reading up on it, apparently unwanted magazines is some pretty common bullshit. The magazines make most of their money on ad numbers so they go to morally-questionable lengths to artificially make their subscriber base look larger than it actually is as that directly increases the value of their ad space.

Probably why they have the subscription managed by a third-party company, gives some deniability. At first I thought it was money laundering or some sort of mail fraud but no...it's just stupid ad-driven economics.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8292 on: November 29, 2020, 10:40:06 PM »
Spilt an entire glass of scotch :(  It was last of the bottle so I poured it large to empty the thing too.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #8293 on: November 30, 2020, 12:25:52 AM »
The Atlantic had a promo where it was 5 dollars for a year. I signed up for 1 year.

5 years later they keep coming, but I only ever paid the initial 5 dollars

Worst part is they send me mail about how my subscription is ending and I can renew for 20 dollars or whatever

But it never ends.
:O

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8294 on: December 02, 2020, 12:51:12 AM »
I freaking hate that IGN redirects to the Japanese version of their site just because I'm accessing it from Japan. Browsers can be surveyed for preferred language. I do not give a single, flying turd that they've got a Japanese website.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8295 on: December 04, 2020, 04:05:22 PM »
My linux machine fucked itself again after it decided to update even though I told it not to.  linux is such fucking shit. 

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #8296 on: December 14, 2020, 07:09:10 PM »
Hundreds of games curated for RetroArch and when I have time to play, I draw a complete blank and watch TV shows instead

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8297 on: December 22, 2020, 05:45:10 PM »
Treated myself to some carving gouges that were suppose to be of good/decent quality and made in USA.  Came from China and I got hit with customs that made them about as expensive as the truly premium gouges.  :(

Tasty

« Reply #8298 on: December 22, 2020, 06:27:15 PM »
Trying to find out music synchronization licensing for "new media" and I knew copyright law was a nightmare but man... now I just have a headache.  :shaq2

Covers seem to have a much easier time but I want the studio version damnit. :rage

G The Resurrected

« Reply #8299 on: December 22, 2020, 06:56:36 PM »
So I’m just minding my own business prepping for Christmas dinner. When all of the sudden I smell something that’s just off enough to my nose. I followed the smell to a literal burning dumpster fire. I got my BBQ gloves and moved the dumpster away from the building and into the open parking lot. Tried a fire extinguisher but it wasn’t enough for it apparently.

Yes that is a bible and no it is not lost on me how funny that is.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8300 on: December 22, 2020, 07:05:41 PM »
that was your burning bush  :doge you were supposed to be the next major prophet and you just put it out  ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8301 on: December 22, 2020, 07:07:26 PM »
The pope plans to resign and this is how you answer the call from god?  ::)
🤴

G The Resurrected

« Reply #8302 on: December 23, 2020, 12:46:18 AM »
JFC! I knew it was my time to shine, but my fat ass is so dim....

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8303 on: December 24, 2020, 03:34:48 PM »
I've been watching some Jewish history lectures on youtube.  Wow did this fuck with my recommendations. 

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8304 on: December 24, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »
I've been watching some Jewish history lectures on youtube.  Wow did this fuck with my recommendations.

:filler
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #8305 on: December 24, 2020, 03:52:56 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/feed/history

Delete them here and your recs should go back to normal.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8306 on: December 24, 2020, 04:06:39 PM »
seems like a good final solution  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #8307 on: December 24, 2020, 04:21:52 PM »

You can also tell YouTube to stop adding things to your history entirely, or set it up to auto-delete at the 1/3/6 month marks.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/95725#:~:text=Automatically%20delete%20your%20search%20and%20watch%20history

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8308 on: December 25, 2020, 01:16:00 AM »
Typing this on an AZERTY keyboard because I had a pre-Christmas party with Tokyo peeps, and spilled a full Negroni on my Apple Wireless Keyboard.  Now it really likes the shift key to stay locked, and types "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" whenever it has a chance. I think it's saying I'm boring.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #8309 on: January 30, 2021, 01:41:20 AM »
2021, and Scrivener Windows STILL doesn't have a dark skin.
Sometimes i work late at night, and don't want to keep all the lights on, FFs.

Tasty

« Reply #8310 on: February 02, 2021, 11:12:53 AM »
https://nicksnettravels.builttoroam.com/winui-3-misconceptions/

Not an inconvenience or struggle for me, but JESUS CHRIST I feel bad for devs trying to keep up with MS's shit.

.NET5 + WinUI get to access all the shiny technologies Win10 has
Yes, this combination is going to be the winning formula going forward. If you had to pick a new technology to build Windows apps today, this is going to be it.

Emphasis on "today." Tomorrow it might be UWP2.0 and .NET Native2.

They've even managed to botch the WSL1->2 transition, which had been winning them a lot of dev love from the Linux crowd.

Oh, MS. :snoop

Tasty

« Reply #8311 on: February 19, 2021, 05:32:59 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Literally means nothing in a post-Nathan for You world, but shit kinda sucks lately and this was a needed pickmeup.

Didn't even get 1 out of the 9 award slots they had for my category.

Welp, time to trunk that shit script and move on I guess.

Then me next.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8312 on: February 19, 2021, 05:58:40 PM »
I'm hosting a Bore screenwriting competition.  You should enter.

Tasty

« Reply #8313 on: February 19, 2021, 06:04:37 PM »
I'm hosting a Bore screenwriting competition.  You should enter.

You gonna Weinstein me breh?

Tasty

« Reply #8314 on: February 19, 2021, 06:08:34 PM »

I literally just got this holy shit :dead

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8315 on: February 19, 2021, 06:14:58 PM »
Did Weinstein also set up phony screenwriting competitions with 99.99$ entry fees?  The monster. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8317 on: February 26, 2021, 09:57:39 AM »
Saw a racoon with an injured paw hobbling around in daylight this morning.  Made me sad. 

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #8318 on: February 26, 2021, 12:02:56 PM »
For what it's worth, my youtube history has been on pause for like 2 years now.

Yet when I start jumping down certain rabbit holes, the youtube algorithm still gets busy with it.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8319 on: March 02, 2021, 12:34:07 PM »
My whetstone is covered in mold  :(

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #8320 on: March 05, 2021, 04:14:06 AM »
My kidneys almost killed me last week, but now I’m back from the hospital and alive and kicking.

It was pretty brutal and traumatic. Stay healthy, people.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8321 on: March 11, 2021, 10:16:39 AM »
Windows 10 automatic update made my login to my Microsoft account before Windows would boot up, then it hit me with a bunch of ads for Office 365, then asked if I wanted to pin the ads to my Start Menu. :beli
©@©™

G The Resurrected

« Reply #8322 on: March 11, 2021, 11:57:08 AM »
Our little guy MAX has been having some issues lately with coughing, irritation, and salivary issues. So a few weeks ago I started trying to get him an appointment to see the Vet. The main Vet we go to which is a feline only Vet was dodgy and wouldn’t get back to us. Come to find out COVID was running through their facility and two of the Vet techs came down with it so they shut down for 10 days. So I decided to look for another place and put him on their wait list. A week goes by and his condition worsens and he’s struggling so I decided to see if someone was at our normal Vet. They were able to get him in the next day and they said he was fine... But he has a heart murmur and needs to have the salivary gland removed. But to make sure they need to take blood and perform a echocardiogram on him before moving forward (Jesus it’s expensive.) I ok’d the blood work and we scheduled his echo and left.

I took him with me and got some frozen custard his favorite treat since he was such a good boy.

We get home and our other cat was by the door hissed at us and something snapped in that cat. It’s been now 3 days of walking on eggshells with this demon cat that feels trapped and is not normal at all. I tried the first night to coax him out of an area where he could feel “trapped” but he just goes to another area where he backs up to the wall and just growls like a dog. We’ve tried food, treats, toys you name it to get him to snap out of it but he just isn’t coming around. I went outside near the window where he’s trapped himself and he acts all normal like he’s got some fucking form of kitty dementia or something. Leave to the healthy cat to create more problems than the sick kitty does...

My hand is so fucked up from his outbursts. The teeth penetrations and deep nail punctures are some of the worst I’ve ever gotten from an animal. It’s so hard because I love the cat, but this is like a different cat entirely. We’ve been guarding ourselves at night while we sleep since he has just started being so hostile to us. At this point I need a damn cat exorcist or Jackson Galaxy to come and save us.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #8323 on: March 13, 2021, 01:47:34 AM »
Ordered some bagels online and didn’t notice the date for the delivery is next month. On the plus side that means they’ll be here a day before the missus’ birthday. So I guess that’s a win? I wanted some bagels and to use up my gift card for me not her.

Demon cat is still not himself. Woke up last night to a huge bleeding gash in my leg running from my calf to my ankle. We’ve tried just about everything to get him to calm down and return to normal. The vet suggested he could have had a stroke... He is eating and using the litter box at least. We’ll be taking him in on Monday.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #8324 on: March 13, 2021, 07:19:28 AM »
Got a new SSD, want to reinstall WIN10 but have no spare USB stick lying around.

Whats the best/easiest/quickst/most trustworthy way to clone my entire C: drive to the new SSD, and then reinitialize/reinstall WIN10 with keeping all my files?
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8325 on: March 13, 2021, 10:27:27 AM »
Got a new SSD, want to reinstall WIN10 but have no spare USB stick lying around.

Whats the best/easiest/quickst/most trustworthy way to clone my entire C: drive to the new SSD, and then reinitialize/reinstall WIN10 with keeping all my files?
In some cases modern motherboards have a Windows 10 installation build in and you only need a serial key.
Cloning everything is not going to work though.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #8326 on: March 13, 2021, 03:17:32 PM »
y not? :-\
What

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8327 on: March 13, 2021, 05:27:29 PM »
I've had a terrible headache for 2 days.  It's really becoming unbearable.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #8328 on: March 14, 2021, 09:44:48 AM »
Go to a doctor please.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8329 on: March 14, 2021, 10:02:15 AM »
It's gone this morning thankfully.  Probably was just a migraine. 

edit:  spoke too soon.  It's back. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 05:48:18 PM by Madrun Badrun »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8330 on: March 15, 2021, 01:36:34 AM »
COVID-forced stay-at-home policy means I'm not moving as much as I'd like. This has lead to weight gain which then required exercise. Exercise caused injury, which led to sedentary behavior, which caused more weight gain.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8331 on: March 15, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »
Ya.  Start of covid, I was coming off a really rough year that I put on weight.  By summer I was pretty active doing home work outs and doing well.  Then my back gave out and haven't really gotten back to it.  I've been working on my diet though, cutting out some sugar and booze and that has helped. 

G The Resurrected

« Reply #8332 on: March 15, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »
After this last year I need a personal trainer and a gym membership to get back on track. I was thinking about getting a game plan going with a trainer, putting those Biden bucks to good use.

I can’t have my knee surgery till I lose enough weight. And I can’t be as active because of the knee injury. So I’ve had to get creative. Got a home lifting setup only to have it recalled by the manufacturer. So I can’t use that for my modified workouts till the boat from China gets in with my replacement. Because of that I decided to splurge and got a air bike trainer from Rogue for cardio. That’s been fantastic and well built for my fat ass.

Death to sugars, they are evil.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8333 on: March 15, 2021, 12:17:49 PM »
Listening to this in Jan, really helped me get motivated, at least for diet, and mostly reframe to myself why I want to get fit as I get older.  You guys might find it interesting  https://art19.com/shows/high-and-mighty/episodes/0c04fb50-fae2-4539-8476-07e141ccf914

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #8334 on: March 16, 2021, 10:38:15 AM »

This oughtta work right
What

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8335 on: March 16, 2021, 01:37:27 PM »
Did a stupid thing at work  :(  Now I got to fix it and retrain a bunch of models on my largest dataset.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #8336 on: March 16, 2021, 02:08:45 PM »
My boss just told me hell be leaving the company soon and Im having a melt down
:O

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8337 on: March 16, 2021, 07:11:47 PM »

This oughtta work right

I've already got one, and that's more than enough! :maf
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #8338 on: March 19, 2021, 08:41:22 AM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8339 on: March 19, 2021, 09:30:58 AM »
Two paragraphs into the first article and it sounds like the dude made all kinds of bad decisions.