Author Topic: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night And Curse Of The Moon!  (Read 102660 times)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Re: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night And Curse Of The Moon!
« Reply #360 on: June 11, 2019, 10:49:49 PM »

Hi

Occam

« Reply #361 on: June 13, 2019, 03:42:29 AM »
Backers get a fat holo foil slip case
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

I know they said we'd get a slip case in the kickstarter*, but just the regular retail game in a special slip case is a bit weak, I was hoping for the cover to be distinguishable, too. There certainly were enough backers to warrant an actual special edition.

*"SPECIAL BACKER EDITION PHYSICAL COPY - A physical copy of the game for XBOX ONE, PS4, or STEAM (PC/Mac/Linux) featuring special backer-exclusive content and slipcase"

So the "SPECIAL BACKER EDITION PHYSICAL COPY" is really just a regular non-backer edition and the exclusive content won't be on the disc but instead we'll get a DLC code on a slip of paper outside of the case? That sucks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 04:13:10 AM by Occam »

Trent Dole

« Reply #362 on: June 13, 2019, 04:44:23 AM »
Also the backer exclusive content is going to be available for everyone to purchase for $9.99. :doge There was a vote on it and most backers were cool with this, somebody on their team said it's a way of trying to dodge piracy since if it's not for sale at all people will just find ways to get it illicitly. Whatever, the game exists and I get to play it, hooray.
Hi

Occam

« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2019, 04:59:12 AM »
I have no problem with others getting to play the content (it doesn't diminish my enjoyment), but that means it's not backer EXCLUSIVE. It's hilarious to claim this is to prevent piracy; it's about maximizing profits. And the special edition isn't special. They really cheaped out.

WTF. Retail price is $40. You can buy the backer non-exclusive content for $10.
So as a thank you for financing the game we paid $10 more ($60, plus shipping) and get a cardboard slipcase.

EDIT:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/comments
Lots of pissed backers. Yeah, this is BS.
FAQ #13

Why is the disc $60?

The Kickstarter Edition of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night won't be sold at retail. It comes in an exclusive slipcase and it's preloaded with backer-exclusive content—the Swordwhip, the only weapon powerful enough to unite Teams Sword and Whip, and a super-secret boss who you'll have to foil to earn it.
Will there be a physical release of the game after it comes out?

There will indeed be a physical release of the game in the future. However, the Kickstarter-exclusive box set is a celebration for fans willing to support IGA in his time of need, so the retail version of the game will not contain any of the Kickstarter-exclusive bonus content.[which is true, and neither does the backer version, haha]

Many commenters saying they won't back another kickstarter after being duped like this.
I think IGA just screwed himself out of the chance of getting anywhere near as much funding for a potential sequel.
And all just to save a couple of bucks by not creating an exclusive physical edition with the additional content included on the physical medium as promised and to make a few extra bucks by making the exclusive content non-exclusive.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:50:19 AM by Occam »

Occam

« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2019, 07:15:02 AM »
Someone emailed Fangamer about the slipcase.
Reply from Fangamer:

"The Slipcase in question is a four-sided hard stock paper, lined with

holographic designs that is placed on the outside of the physical game.

Thanks!"

So it's indeed a paper sleeve they are calling the "Slipcase" to get around the fact that it's not a slipcase.

Occam

« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2019, 07:40:38 AM »
Also the backer exclusive content is going to be available for everyone to purchase for $9.99. :doge There was a vote on it and most backers were cool with this, somebody on their team said it's a way of trying to dodge piracy since if it's not for sale at all people will just find ways to get it illicitly. Whatever, the game exists and I get to play it, hooray.

About that, from the comments section:

Also the huge lie of the survey "overwhelming majority approves" yes, 16.8% picked the path you took (making it available to anyone, just in the form of DLC), from a PUBLIC survey that was replied by under 27k persons (which is LESS than half of the total backers) where you have NO RELIABLE WAY to tell how many of them are backers, (but 78.9 told you on the survey they are, which brings the number of "possible" backers down to just 1/3 of the total backers). So you justify a decision you made and say it has "overwhelming support by the majority" when the most you could argue is that around 1 /3 of backers replied to that survey! So you are pretty darn good into telling yourself lies, but hey, don't expect everyone here to be apologists.

I didn't get the link to that survey, so I never replied to it either, by the way.

Chooky

« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2019, 07:46:20 AM »
kcikstarter really brings out the whiny toddlers, huh

Occam

« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2019, 08:05:20 AM »
Nah, the criticisms are absolutely justified. The people who paid $60 for a special physical backer edition are getting screwed.
Unlike promised, there is no exclusive content, unlike promised the additional content isn't on the disc, which, unlike promised isn't a special backer edition (it's a regular retail copy), and the "slipcase" is really just a paper sleeve.

kingv

« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2019, 08:09:05 AM »
So the special edition isn’t worth the money... like every special edition ever made?

Svejk

« Reply #369 on: June 13, 2019, 08:19:41 AM »
Aren't the OG backers listed in the credits at some point?  Maybe that's what they mean by content.  :doge  I dunno.  But yeah, I was expecting a different insert, not an external slip... which is the only part I'm gonna actually keep maybe. lol

Cryo

« Reply #370 on: June 13, 2019, 08:52:55 AM »
What are slipcase supposed to be made out of  ???

Svejk

« Reply #371 on: June 13, 2019, 09:23:06 AM »
Looks like cardboard with a metallic sheen on it.   

The past 4 years, I've heavily changed my lifestyle to the more minimalist way...  A part of me is slightly regretting getting a physical copy now, because to be honest...  I could give 2 shits for the physical stuff.  I just want to play the game!  I did the digital copy only backer of Shenmue 3, and you know what, I'm totally content with that.    Life's funny.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #372 on: June 13, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »

The past 4 years, I've heavily changed my lifestyle to the more minimalist way...  A part of me is slightly regretting getting a physical copy now, because to be honest...  I could give 2 shits for the physical stuff.  I just want to play the game!  I did the digital copy only backer of Shenmue 3, and you know what, I'm totally content with that.    Life's funny.

Sell it!  Probably will be easy enough to do because of that paper slipcase.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: June 13, 2019, 10:54:47 AM »

Yeah like yourself obviously

Having a valid complaint = being a whiny toddler.  :larry
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: June 13, 2019, 10:55:37 AM »

sell me that thing bro!
What

Svejk

« Reply #375 on: June 13, 2019, 10:58:07 AM »
Sure, whenever I'm done with it.  I only play on the weekends, so it may take some time for me to beat it first.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2019, 11:00:30 AM »
Sure, whenever I'm done with it.  I only play on the weekends, so it may take some time for me to beat it first.  :doge

You didn't get a digital code?  I thought the physical backer tier came with a code too?  ???
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2019, 11:51:46 AM »
Apparently it comes with a tier higher than the $60 one.  :yeshrug

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2019, 11:57:54 AM »
Are you on PS4 Svejk?  :)
What

Svejk

« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2019, 12:03:59 PM »
Are you on PS4 Svejk?  :)
Yessiree

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2019, 02:15:23 PM »
Apparently it comes with a tier higher than the $60 one.  :yeshrug

Yeah.  Uh...can't figure out why you backed this for the physical edition, then.  :lol :dizzy
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2019, 02:41:51 PM »
I have no problem with others getting to play the content (it doesn't diminish my enjoyment), but that means it's not backer EXCLUSIVE. It's hilarious to claim this is to prevent piracy; it's about maximizing profits. And the special edition isn't special. They really cheaped out.

WTF. Retail price is $40. You can buy the backer non-exclusive content for $10.
So as a thank you for financing the game we paid $10 more ($60, plus shipping) and get a cardboard slipcase.
We got Curse of the Moon for "free" and that is selling for $10, tada, $60! :doge Also as a PC backer I get to wait until after they've released all the DLC to get a physical version cause they want to put it all on the disc, they can't do this with the consoles due to certification stuffs. They're going to give us codes for now. Still less of a debacle than Shenmue III or say, Star Citizen. :lol
Hi

Occam

« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2019, 02:58:26 PM »
Nice how you can get a steelbook at Best Buy for $40, while $60 backers get a paper sleeve.

Trent Dole

« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2019, 03:08:59 PM »
Nice how you can get a steelbook at Best Buy for $40, while $60 backers get a paper sleeve.
Oh don't worry they're going to get a quantity of the steelbooks to SELL to the backers if they want them! :lol
Hi

Chooky

« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2019, 04:51:37 PM »

wow mmarsu with the sick fucking burn incredible

so we have people mad that everyone can get some dlc instead of having it forever be a trophy for backers, and we have people mad that the slipcover is made of paper (??)

awesome complaints i love gamers great people all around

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #385 on: June 13, 2019, 05:02:14 PM »
Gamers?

More like complainers!

Got em!

Cryo

« Reply #386 on: June 13, 2019, 05:06:25 PM »
shame on anyone who backed this for exclusive trinkets over saving IGA from being a dungeon janitor at Konami.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2019, 05:22:04 PM »
IGA can just go ahead and take the Microsoft moneyhat for the sequel anyway.
At least he made a game you dolts.

Inafune fucked Capcom for a generation took everyone's money (including Microsoft's) and then fucked off into the sun.  :lol
🤴

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2019, 09:25:29 PM »
Any impressions out there yet?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #389 on: June 13, 2019, 09:33:35 PM »
IGA can just go ahead and take the Microsoft moneyhat for the sequel anyway.
At least he made a game you dolts.

Inafune fucked Capcom for a generation took everyone's money (including Microsoft's) and then fucked off into the sun.  :lol

Honestly think IGA would be a solid fit with steady MS money.

Occam

« Reply #390 on: June 13, 2019, 09:58:18 PM »
Steady money until his next project is cancelled like Scalebound? Thanks but no thanks.
Reminder that Xbox is as dead as a door nail in the land of the rising sun. During an average week, LESS than 100 Xbones are sold there.
If anything he should make a deal with Sony, much better track record and a realistic chance to sell more than five copies in Japan.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:08:06 PM by Occam »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #391 on: June 13, 2019, 10:23:24 PM »
xbox pass will save them

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:doge
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #392 on: June 14, 2019, 12:28:37 AM »
Any impressions out there yet?

Haven't really looked.  Whether this is true or not, the dev "warned" that the people who got early copies should hold off since there's going to be a huge day one patch for it.

Steady money until his next project is cancelled like Scalebound? Thanks but no thanks.
Reminder that Xbox is as dead as a door nail in the land of the rising sun. During an average week, LESS than 100 Xbones are sold there.
If anything he should make a deal with Sony, much better track record and a realistic chance to sell more than five copies in Japan.

Why, so his Playstation game can sell 5,000 copies over there?  Japan is all about mobile and portable gaming.  If he worked with MS, we'd get his games on Xbox/PC/Streaming.  Works for me!
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #393 on: June 14, 2019, 08:12:47 AM »
Whether they get follow-ups or not, I'm just glad this, and Shenmue III, are a real thing and I get to play them both while I'm still alive.
  :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #394 on: June 14, 2019, 11:44:19 AM »

so we have people mad that everyone can get some dlc instead of having it forever be a trophy for backers, and we have people mad that the slipcover is made of paper (??)

Dude if you are gonna throw out the annoying " uhhghh I hate whiny gamers whehhhh" while you are the one fucking whining then just fuck off ok? Clown ass fucker.

Just because you don't agree with what one may find annoying, what is wrong with letting them complain if they feel like it? How is it impacting you at all?

Yeah it doesn't impact you at all, so instead of crying about whiny gamers, just shut the fuck up
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:48:25 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Chooky

« Reply #395 on: June 14, 2019, 09:19:27 PM »
bro no offense but all your posts are complete shit

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #396 on: June 14, 2019, 09:31:13 PM »

Dude if you are gonna throw out the annoying " uhhghh I hate whiny gamers whehhhh" while you are the one fucking whining then just fuck off ok? Clown ass fucker.

Just because you don't agree with what one may find annoying, what is wrong with letting them complain if they feel like it? How is it impacting you at all?

Yeah it doesn't impact you at all, so instead of crying about whiny gamers, just shut the fuck up
bro no offense but all your posts are complete shit

ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #397 on: June 14, 2019, 09:33:02 PM »
:dead
Hi

Svejk

« Reply #398 on: June 14, 2019, 09:52:24 PM »
Shemue and Bloodstained threads getting shitted up..  :fbm

Mine shipped! Shows to arrive Monday.  :hyper

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #399 on: June 14, 2019, 09:56:52 PM »
Mine shipped! Shows to arrive Monday.  :hyper

Damn, so jelly.  :lol  Haven't gotten anything from them yet.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #400 on: June 14, 2019, 10:00:03 PM »
I signed up with USPS to send me an email for every single change in shipment status.

To pour salt on the wound though, I'm not going to be able to get to it till probably next Friday.  :-[

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #401 on: June 14, 2019, 10:01:57 PM »
I signed up with USPS to send me an email for every single change in shipment status.

To pour salt on the wound though, I'm not going to be able to get to it till probably next Friday.  :-[

Probably better that way- day one patch will be ready.
ど助平

Occam

« Reply #402 on: June 15, 2019, 02:00:58 AM »
Got a shipping confirmation, too.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #403 on: June 15, 2019, 06:42:14 AM »

These guys talk way too much but skip to 10 minutes in and this game looks sooooo good  :lawd
🤴

Occam

« Reply #404 on: June 15, 2019, 08:18:01 AM »
No thanks. I waited for four years, not gonna spoil it for myself now.

Tasty

« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2019, 08:42:33 AM »
I can't believe it's been four years. :o

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #406 on: June 15, 2019, 09:33:29 AM »
Looks great!  Wayforward really helped to improve things. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2019, 11:12:48 AM »
GIVE ME MY STEAM CODE, KICKSTARTER/FANGAMER!!
:rage
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2019, 02:59:01 PM »
On twitter, Fangamer told me that Steam keys will be provided on launch day through the backer management page at their site.

PC physical copies will ship after the free DLCs are launched later this year.
:thinking
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2019, 03:03:39 PM »
Throughout the day for codes.
Codes are SUPPOSED to be all sent along today, people who are getting their physical PS4 and XBONE discs are finding they do NOT come with the slipcase because that is being sent via a separate mailer because doing that somehow enables them to get everything shipped internationally faster? A bit of a debacle here for launch time.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2019, 03:15:43 PM »
Throughout the day for codes.
Codes are SUPPOSED to be all sent along today, people who are getting their physical PS4 and XBONE discs are finding they do NOT come with the slipcase because that is being sent via a separate mailer because doing that somehow enables them to get everything shipped internationally faster? A bit of a debacle here for launch time.

Seeing that they sent the games from different warehouses than where the backer stuff came from.  But then there's people on KS saying they got the paper slipcases and others saying they didn't.  It seems like a mess.   :lol
ど助平

Freyj

« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2019, 04:21:42 PM »
Gonna sell my Switch physical KS version in favor of just buying digital on steam so if anyone wants a shitty cardboard sleeve version of the same thing you can get for $40 at Best Buy for $60 HMU.

Also lol at code snafus again. My Curse of the Moon code was weeks late so I just ended up buying on another platform. GLHF

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2019, 04:53:30 PM »
Honestly it's not often a Kickstarter game and backer rewards etc arent fucked I believe
What

Svejk

« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »
It's here, brehs!!! :hyper

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

Surprised it came in a custom shipping box too.   lol  Got the slip case and ehrthang!  Can't believe it's actually been done!  My first kickstarter I've ever supported, so this is kinda new to me.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2019, 05:25:38 PM »
Wow grats bro!! Have fun man and let us SOTN fans know how it is compared to that? :D
What

Trent Dole

« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2019, 05:40:29 PM »
That special shipping box is dope as fuck. :pimp
Here are the scheduled launch times for Bloodstained.

June 18th, 2019

PS4 Europe - 12:01am PDT
Xbox One - 12:01am PDT
Steam - 8:00am PDT
GOG  - 8:00am PDT
PS4 Asia (excluding Japan) - 8:00am PDT

Backer codes are going out today as quickly as the platforms deliver them.
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2019, 05:51:10 PM »
How bad is the switch version compared to steam?

Portable is nice, but if gfx take a big hit will play this on PC.

Svejk

« Reply #417 on: June 17, 2019, 06:02:02 PM »
Undocked: 720p (fixed) / 30 fps

Docked: 720p (dynamic) / 30 fps with additional effects / visuals, etc.

:doge

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #418 on: June 17, 2019, 06:35:18 PM »
I can't stop looking at the sloppy-ass boob tat.  :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #419 on: June 17, 2019, 07:10:11 PM »
Never played a Castlevannia game, but have this pre-ordered. Interested in trying it out.