Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 534456 times)

Bebpo

Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #4800 on: March 21, 2020, 07:36:02 PM »
Pretty worried about my dad. He's 70+, in the most stressful time of his life, being stuck in a bad deal and losing most of his retirement savings, all his pension stocks aren't worth anything and the business he's built up from the ground to be very successful over 40 years potentially could go bankrupt. He's also never fully recovered from the H1N1 flu 1.5 months ago and had a lingering cough that won't go away because all the stress and now he thinks he might have Covid-19 because he's got a runny nose and feels even worse than normal and coughing more. He's very old school so he's still been going into work during this while everyone else is working from home except 1 or 2 people. All our employees have been falling sick one after another and in our group meetings everyone is coughing. So far everyone whose gotten sick has recovered within a week, but our employees are also like <40 with most < 30 years old.

Me and my brother and my mom are telling him to take it easy and try to rest and drink fluids. We tell him we're handling the business and financially I'm in a better place thanks to being a zero risk totally liquid conservative person with my savings so I can help float my parents and for a few years. But he's just so dejected and down. He's one of those baby boomer era people that feels like they built up into a success and were untouchable and always growth and expansion and he's just not used to losing a lot.

I just hope he makes it through this.
Also hope he doesn't actually have COVID-19 because my mom is also 70+ and is very frail and I'm concerned for her too.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4801 on: March 22, 2020, 09:03:17 AM »
I know I kinda poo pooed this in the beginning so I'll admit I was wrong.

PLEASE HAVE CONVERSATIONS WITH YOUR FAMILY ABOUT LAST WISHES NOW, BEFORE THEY GET TO A HOSPITAL. don't make us make the call. also dont make us intubate and code your 85 year old  family members

dur

Huff

« Reply #4802 on: March 22, 2020, 09:05:54 AM »
Part of the saddest thing is a lot of people are going to die ALONE in a hospital because of this thing, with family either unable to be allowed into the hospital because of massive restrictions or unable to travel
dur

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4803 on: March 22, 2020, 10:29:28 AM »
How are you doing Huff?

Huff

« Reply #4804 on: March 22, 2020, 11:49:06 AM »
It's the calm before the storm where I am. Emergency room visits have actually slowed down as people are avoiding coming in (and they should if people arn't sick).

Midwest and low population density cities (spread out population) may get through this successfully. Coast cities are going to be hit hard and soon.

Personally I'm okay. Friends and co-workers are starting to have the talks about what to do when it hits. Temporary separations. Babies going to live with grandparents, etc. Rough times all around to try to limit us high risk people from spreading it to people we love
dur

Bebpo

« Reply #4805 on: March 22, 2020, 10:05:29 PM »
Even on the weekend when I'm not working, I've been spending 2-3 hours a day on the phone with different family members talking about financial situations and ideas for surviving. Mostly people calling me.
It's definitely pretty depressing and tiring.

Bebpo

« Reply #4806 on: March 22, 2020, 10:28:28 PM »
Actually add another 2 hours for today.
Also family fighting is getting more. Will get worse as things go on. Everyone wants to do things different.

El Babua

« Reply #4807 on: March 27, 2020, 01:54:28 PM »
Just finished a team call where they announced cuts.

Got invited to another meeting at 2:00 with less than half the team invited  :-\

Bebpo

« Reply #4808 on: March 27, 2020, 01:58:41 PM »

Got invited to another meeting at 2:00 with less than half the team invited  :-\

That sucks. I guess bright side is you made the cut?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4809 on: March 27, 2020, 01:58:57 PM »

can you tell by the people invited if it's the good call or the bad call?

good luck.

El Babua

« Reply #4810 on: March 27, 2020, 02:00:20 PM »
Considering the HR people are here, it's the bad one lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4811 on: March 27, 2020, 02:06:41 PM »
 :foxx

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4812 on: March 31, 2020, 05:38:17 PM »
My uncle passed away.  Kind of for the best instead of dragging it out more.  Still really hard since he wasn't old.

Bebpo

« Reply #4813 on: March 31, 2020, 06:27:40 PM »
Sorry for your loss Madrun.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4814 on: April 03, 2020, 02:35:40 AM »
I submitted my credits for transfer to the institution I'm at a while back. Today is registration for summer classes and I just found out that rather than take the time to find equivalent courses they just marked everything as "elective" so now I don't have the appropriate prereqs for any of the classes I want to sign up for. Campuses are closed so I can't fix this.

Are ya kidding me?!
每天生气

Oblivion

« Reply #4815 on: April 03, 2020, 05:47:02 PM »
welp, just got laid off  :-\

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4816 on: April 13, 2020, 06:27:46 PM »
don't pay any bills, especially medical debt  ::)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4817 on: April 14, 2020, 10:15:37 AM »
just wait 10 years and they forgive that shit. what are they gonna do, garnish your wages? ;)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4818 on: April 14, 2020, 11:08:37 AM »
My contact ripped in my eye, I can't get it out, and I think my optomitrist is closed for the virus.  I can see fine so trying not to panic. 

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4819 on: April 14, 2020, 11:24:25 AM »
if you have a good supply of saline just unload/eyewash. even if not flushed out hopefully it moves enough to where you can get it.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4820 on: April 14, 2020, 12:50:09 PM »
just wait 10 years and they forgive that shit. what are they gonna do, garnish your wages? ;)
I thought it was 5 years?  ::)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4821 on: April 14, 2020, 12:51:07 PM »
even better!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4822 on: April 14, 2020, 03:23:03 PM »
Finally got it out. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4823 on: April 14, 2020, 06:47:56 PM »
Think I did something to my eye or its just really tired after messing with it all day.  I have to squint to read text and shit. 

Bebpo

« Reply #4824 on: April 17, 2020, 11:52:51 AM »
Been managing to stay at home and stay safe, but now that I'm off my meds this week insane inflammation pain came back to the point where it was like 11/10 suicidal constant pain and even when it's ok it's like 3-4/10 constant pain.

So now I have to go to LA to a doctor's office today, first time out in the world since lockdown, and then starting tuesday have to go to chemo/infusion center regularly again to do infusions and blood tests and get back on my meds which will make me very immune suppressed and high risk group for Covid-19.

Also it's possible my medication will not work anymore since I went off it and it's been about 4-5 weeks and my body could have built up a resistance.

Went from feeling pretty good about chances of surviving this mess by avoiding people and working at home, to a lot more iffy since will have to be exposed to risk areas on regular basis and no immune system  :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #4825 on: April 17, 2020, 08:17:18 PM »
Doctor appointment went well today. They're set up really good and only interacted with the valet touching the valet card back and forth and a door handle and hand sanitized my hand. Got an injection and feel a lot better already. Feeling more positive about this.

Bebpo

« Reply #4826 on: April 20, 2020, 01:44:07 PM »
So pain was really low on Saturday and had a good day (when you're pain free for the first time in 5 days you feel really energetic and good!), but got bad again on Sunday and lost most of the day just trying to not focus on pain. Guess I pretty much have to get back on my meds on Tuesday and hopefully things get back to normal.

But I've been kinda depressed about going back on my immune-suppressant meds. Not only am I risking my life while on it going and getting infusions, but basically for the next 6-12 months dating and friends are gonna be high risk.

Like it's already been where sometimes I kiss someone on a date and get a cold or something. But until either vaccines are out or the curve is so low it would be like 1/10,000 chance the person I"m on a date with could have Covid, then any physical contact/dates with anyone is risking dying. So I don't see myself dating for a long while, which sucks since I've been since for like 5 years now and was hoping to settle down soon. I've been doing some online dating chatting with a couple people and it's going well and at least one is dtf but yeah that ain't gonna open.

Same with friends. My friends who are all healthy and late 20s, early 30s, once things get better will be out doing hugs and events and stuff regularly. But I can't risk being that close contact with people while I have no immune system until this thing is very under control. So basically gonna have to not see my friends for 6-12 months.

Family, while I can see them from a distance and talk to them on the phone, I can't be up close at family dinners or events until 6-12 months.

Going to restaurants/eating take out etc...while lower risk, given my immune system, I'll probably need to continue only eating my own cooked food and instacart market deliveries for another 6-12 months.

And I'll need to keep wfh while the rest of my office goes back to work, which is ok, but still isolating.

A lot of this pretty low risk stuff once the curve goes down substantially, if I wasn't immune suppressed with the moderate potential of death upon contracting COVID, I'd be ok with the risk of doing and if I get Covid I'll probably be ok with a normal healthy immune system of a 38 year old non-smoker, non-obese person. But now I'm gonna have to be back on my meds, so basically gonna have no life outside working from home and playing videogames, watching books, reading for 6-12 months.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4827 on: April 27, 2020, 11:51:40 AM »
Sorry man. 

shosta

« Reply #4828 on: April 27, 2020, 12:15:47 PM »
That's horrible. No one should have to go through that.
每天生气

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4829 on: May 04, 2020, 08:20:29 PM »
Well I was involved in a car accident a few months ago which in no way did I think was my fault. And now Enterprise says it was my fault and wants 4,000 something for an accident that wasn't my fault. Great.

Oblivion

« Reply #4830 on: May 05, 2020, 02:16:47 PM »
Update on my hand situation: it's gotten way worse  :-\

this happened over the past month or so, but the pain is much, much more severe. there were many things i couldn't do already like type and grab, but now i can't even form a fist anymore.

yet oddly enough, this may possibly be a sign of good news. the reason being is that this pain is happening in a different joint on the same finger. last time i posted this, while i had pain on all joints, most of the pain was on the top joint. now it's on the bottom and middle joint and not as much on the top anymore. why is this a good thing? because my top joint was the only one that was missing cartilage (the other two were normal). meaning, the pain shouldn't be effected by other areas unless it means that the pain i had before WASN'T cause of the missing cartilage/arthritis.

on the other hand, it could also potentially be something much, much worse. so..that would kind of suck. either way, i'm going to see the doctor on friday.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4831 on: May 06, 2020, 12:26:43 AM »
had my stents removed and all pain went away for a few days. now unbearable itching has returned, making me unable to sleep and work. only had my current job for 5 months at this point, and feel anything but safe at keeping it, but there isnt much i can do at the moment. feels fucking bad

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4832 on: May 06, 2020, 01:55:39 AM »
take a coconut oil bath, bb :-\

daemon

« Reply #4833 on: May 06, 2020, 02:01:09 PM »
So I learned today that my friend that went briefly to jail passed away in February, after I digged a bit after seeing he wasn't replying in over a month. I'm devastated. I keep watching a clip  of us playing CSGO and crying as soon as his voice pops in.

shosta

« Reply #4834 on: May 06, 2020, 02:06:09 PM »
I'm sorry man. Loss is the most difficult thing anyone can experience.
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #4835 on: May 06, 2020, 02:40:52 PM »
 :(

Sorry for your loss daemon. Yeah, I've got no advice other than time will help and you'll always remember the good times you had with him.

Oblivion

« Reply #4836 on: May 08, 2020, 12:33:19 PM »
alright boy, off to the doctor.

he seems knowledgeable but a little too aloof. hopefully he doesn't just send me away with a prescription for ibuprofin or whatever.  :doge

either way, wish me luck!

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4837 on: May 08, 2020, 01:25:35 PM »
Good luck m8, hope he doesnt cut it off.

So I learned today that my friend that went briefly to jail passed away in February, after I digged a bit after seeing he wasn't replying in over a month. I'm devastated. I keep watching a clip  of us playing CSGO and crying as soon as his voice pops in.

That sucks breh.

Oblivion

« Reply #4838 on: May 08, 2020, 02:27:38 PM »
just got back.

he thinks it's an inflamed tendon and gave me a cortisone shot. i was a little scared to get it because i've already had 2 of them over the past year and a half, but he said under 3 should be fine. he told me to come back in 3 weeks if it doesn't work.

but i was a little heartened to see that he said he'll be doing more thorough testing because i shouldn't have these kind of problems at my age. so it looks like he's taking it seriously at least.

Oblivion

« Reply #4839 on: May 18, 2020, 09:36:23 PM »
okay, not bad news, but just wanted to post in here for an update.

a week later, the cortisone shot seems to be working. i can flex my hand again now and can grab things (for the most part) without too much trouble. so that's great. but here's something even better.

so remember i said last time that it got worse? let's call that stage 2. it developed over the past month  or so, so fairly new. stage 1 however, less painful but stuck around a lot longer.

so it turns out that not only is stage 2 feeling waaaay better, i'm actually able to do some exercises and stretches that i couldn't even with stage 1! one of the exercises involved stretching a rubber band and it used to be so painful that even the tiniest bit of resistance was painful as fuck. i'm not exaggerating when i say that i couldn't even move it a single centimeter! that's how bad it was. but today, i was able to stretch it almost all the way through with ZERO pain! :rock

it's still not anywhere near back to normal, but substantially better than it's been since...well, since i got injured in the first place. i almost hate to mention it cause i don't want to jinx it, but i haven't been this happy in a long, long time.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4840 on: May 21, 2020, 09:19:39 AM »
I majorly fucked up my back - been bedridden since Sunday.  All I did was lift my leg onto the bathtub rim while getting out of the shower.  Man this sucks.  I actually called 911 for an ambulance because I couldn't stand up but they wouldn't take me due to covid.  I ended up getting prescription from a tele-doctor though and things have been getting a bit better each day. 

Tasty

« Reply #4841 on: May 21, 2020, 12:48:31 PM »

My mom, sister and me put down the family dog today. He was about 14-15, so more than half of my life. He started out as my older sister's dog, before staying with my mom, and then since I moved back with my parent's a year and a half ago he's spent pretty much all his time with me (and my other dog, Sasha.)

My sisters and niece came over last night and I did a Google Photos presentation stretching back 10 years. (Started uploading to Picasa back in 2010, and all my photos are still right where they should be 10 years later, which is cool.)

I held his paw and felt his heartbeat fade. I'm a wreck. I've had a constant headache from crying the past three days after we made the decision. But now it's over at least.

Will be burying him on the family farm near our other deceased pets, and no disrespect to them and their marker-less graves, but he's getting a bigass cross and visits every day.

RIP Grendel, 2005 - 2020

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4842 on: May 21, 2020, 12:52:25 PM »
sorry buddy

skullstorm

« Reply #4843 on: May 21, 2020, 01:29:44 PM »
Sorry Tasty  :(

Got me all teared up, my sister will have to put down her dog after the weekend because he's been having health issues since last fall and now it's gotten to the point that it can't really be treated anymore. He has good days and bad days but the bad days have become more frequent and they're more bad than the good days are good. He's only 8 years old  :-\

I really, really love that dog so it cuts me up real bad. Even worse is that I haven't seen him since February because of the corona situation, I haven't seen any of my family since then and don't know when I will. So it's fucked up knowing he's going to die in a few days and I can't see him anymore. On the other hand, the last time I saw him he wasn't so sick yet and I got to dogsit him and have only good memories of that last encounter, I haven't had to see him in a bad state and won't have any heartbreaking memories of him suffering.

Still I wish I could have had a last cuddle and say goodbye. I hope dogs don't really have memories of people when they're not there and he won't even realize I haven't been there at all these last few months. I'd hate the idea of him thinking I've abandoned him. I don't think they're really capable of thinking like that, hopefully.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4844 on: May 21, 2020, 01:38:28 PM »
Sorry for your loss, Tasty. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4845 on: May 21, 2020, 01:39:13 PM »
Doggo deaths are literally the worst deaths :mjcry

It's hard for me to even say much about it without feeling horrible.   :(  I just try to think that we give them the best life we can and hope they're happy.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4846 on: May 21, 2020, 02:00:41 PM »
That's terrible tasty. Sorry for your loss.  :-\
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4847 on: May 21, 2020, 04:52:13 PM »
That fucking sucks Tasty Meat. Looks like a good doggo so certainly in dog heaven.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4848 on: May 21, 2020, 04:58:52 PM »
 :tocry

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4849 on: May 21, 2020, 05:31:39 PM »
rip bro
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4850 on: May 22, 2020, 07:11:21 PM »
Pretty upset. My cousin's kid, only three years old and he has stage 4 cancer - it's metastasized to other parts of his body and he might need marrow and stem cell transplants. They just found out this month. His parents are having to take leave from work for a year to support him, they set up a GoFundMe page to get help from the rest of the family but it's just? How can you deal with something like this during a pandemic? His wife is pregnant with a second too. It's fucked up too since that cousin was one of the few people in my family to actually escape poverty in the third world and get a good job and he still gets crushed by life.
Yeah, this kind of thing is why I feel like Stephen Fry has a sadly accurate grasp on life:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/stephen-fry-blasphemy-god-ireland-confronted-by-met-a7722191.html

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4851 on: May 22, 2020, 07:14:55 PM »
Well I was involved in a car accident a few months ago which in no way did I think was my fault. And now Enterprise says it was my fault and wants 4,000 something for an accident that wasn't my fault. Great.
Lawyer up if you haven’t already.
Were you the renter? Did you have ANY applicable insurance? You can’t even leave their lot unless you have your own liability coverage OR take their “insurance” (it is not considered personal coverage).

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4852 on: May 22, 2020, 07:19:36 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

My mom, sister and me put down the family dog today. He was about 14-15, so more than half of my life. He started out as my older sister's dog, before staying with my mom, and then since I moved back with my parent's a year and a half ago he's spent pretty much all his time with me (and my other dog, Sasha.)

My sisters and niece came over last night and I did a Google Photos presentation stretching back 10 years. (Started uploading to Picasa back in 2010, and all my photos are still right where they should be 10 years later, which is cool.)

I held his paw and felt his heartbeat fade. I'm a wreck. I've had a constant headache from crying the past three days after we made the decision. But now it's over at least.

Will be burying him on the family farm near our other deceased pets, and no disrespect to them and their marker-less graves, but he's getting a bigass cross and visits every day.

RIP Grendel, 2005 - 2020

You made me cry, you big jerk.

But I hope you’re feeling better. Losing a dog is the worst. They are one of the best parts of life. So loving.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4853 on: May 22, 2020, 10:38:37 PM »
Grendel was a wonderful dog it appears. Safe travels, and rest well pup.
rub

skullstorm

« Reply #4854 on: May 25, 2020, 01:08:45 PM »

My sister's dog was put down today, he still had some good days but it was time. A tumor deep in his nose was causing lots of swelling, nose bleeds and obvious pain. Surgery wasn't really an option and pain killers could only help so much. They made sure his last days were the best possible.

RIP bestest boy :'( I keep bursting into tears :(

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4855 on: May 25, 2020, 01:14:16 PM »
 :stahp

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4856 on: May 25, 2020, 01:14:22 PM »
Rip to that good doggo, same reason I put down mine.  :-\

Tasty

« Reply #4857 on: May 25, 2020, 01:37:09 PM »
Sending my love skullstorm. :(

And thank you everyone for the kind words. I love you guys.

Oblivion

« Reply #4858 on: May 25, 2020, 02:34:26 PM »
really sorry to hear, tasty :(

Clockwork5

« Reply #4859 on: June 12, 2020, 08:24:15 PM »
So I have been getting sicker and sicker and sicker during the lockdown. Swollen armpits, fatigue, dizzy, hot flashes   (no fever), my fucking arm started tingling for like a week, sore throat, shit loads of mucus in my throat, swollen throat, difficultly breathing.

Went to the doc a couple times, they thought it might be allergies since this is my first spring/summer in the south and I’m around all of this new vegetation. I thought maybe it is this rotting tooth I had to postpone getting taken care of because of COVID. Dentist said highly unlikely. I thought maybe I was dying, this armpit pain was no joke.

Turns out it was the weed vape I had been blasting this lockdown away with. I have been indulging at a very high level these past two months. Once I ran out I was seriously fine after two days lol.

I’m relieved it was just me poisoning myself and not some actual illness. The thing is I have been vaping nicotine for years (used to chain smoke) so it didn’t even occur to me that it was these fucking vape pens.

The thing that sucks is that they were awesome and cheap and I loved them. Be careful out there!