Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 534445 times)

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #4680 on: January 31, 2020, 05:25:23 PM »
Are they still spitting out more lawyers than jobs? Seems like the ideal scenario for yal to hire people
dur

BisMarckie

« Reply #4681 on: January 31, 2020, 05:35:34 PM »
Bebpo, as a fellow lawyer: Have you ever thought about getting out of this rat race and changing career paths?
I quit after constantly working 60 hour weeks, barely sleeping and being close to a mental breakdown. I make less than half the money now, but I have never been happier teaching at a university.

Bebpo

« Reply #4682 on: January 31, 2020, 05:56:24 PM »
Bebpo, as a fellow lawyer: Have you ever thought about getting out of this rat race and changing career paths?
I quit after constantly working 60 hour weeks, barely sleeping and being close to a mental breakdown. I make less than half the money now, but I have never been happier teaching at a university.

How'd you get started looking for teaching jobs? Yeah I'd definitely like to move fields someday and teaching always seemed like a good idea.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4683 on: January 31, 2020, 08:55:17 PM »

How'd you get started looking for teaching jobs? Yeah I'd definitely like to move fields someday and teaching always seemed like a good idea.
I knew several people in the university from when I did my PhD,  having a PhD (or Dr. iur. as it's called here) is a requirement here. The pay level is not great compared to most jobs, so if you have some good credentials(i.e. a specialization in fields that get taught at the university level) it's not that hard to get in, since most people are more interested in making money. I valued having a regular 9-5 job more :trumps

I don't know about the requirements for teaching in the US or a way to get in, sorry. But, if you don't necessarily want to teach at an university, there are tutoring companies that prepare students for our equivalent of the BAR exam, so maybe that sort of thing exists in the US as well?

bluemax

« Reply #4684 on: January 31, 2020, 11:16:32 PM »

It's kinda wild to me that two of the four hosts on this college football podcast I listen to went from being Lawyers to talking about college football for money.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #4685 on: January 31, 2020, 11:49:45 PM »
Yeah, being a lawyer sucks and I'd never recommend it to people. People ask me what I do and I'm like oh I'm a lawyer and then move on to another subject because I don't enjoy talking about work. At best it's an ok 9-5 that pays the bills and lets me do fun stuff when I'm not at work.

To be fair I thought being a videogame reviewer also sucked and would never recommend it to people \o/

I did like teaching English to kids in Japan. Probably most satisfying job I've had. Translating/fansubbing anime/manga was pretty cool too as long as you only do specific things you love and want to share with the world. As for what Bismarkie said, I don't have the drive to go get a PhD. Best I think I can do is teach at a law school but I don't know people because I used to be extremely shy and anti-social and didn't really talk with anyone when I was at law school. So don't really have any ins. I'd basically just have to get by on my background of some teaching in Japan and years being a lawyer and not fucking up and general current charm  :-*

I also have the weird issue of my office being family, so it definitely makes it weird in terms of leaving.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #4686 on: February 02, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »
Sounds good and bad.

Yeah, that sucks it's hitting you so hard. What dosage? I had .25 and it did nothing, but they gave me like .10 or something of klonopin and was like you described. Felt so relaxed and good, probably some of the best high feelings of my life since I live with a lot of anxiety/stress, but the sleepyness and addiction worries kept me off it as a solution. Fwiw, I'm pretty sure you build up a tolerance pretty quick on Xanax so maybe after some time you'll be fine at work with it. Can you take a lower dose for now?

1mg so yeah pretty strong, it sucks as I was meant to go to a friends birthday last night but I was just so muted and just in my own head, decided not to go, no one wants a medicated zombie at a party, finally I can say “I must be fun at parties :( “ cool, least I’m not in my own head tearing myself apart anymore which feel actually pretty fucking cool.

Yeah fuck working for family, it’s the worst way to be trapped IMO, you can just say FUUUUCK OOOOOFFFFF
as that’ll then make later family events awkward as you left the firm, feels bad for you. Today I had to drag myself into work which was an experience, whole building had a power down so had to go in and insure all the servers etc came back up, which they did but in general working on a Sunday for a lieu day instead of time and a half sucks. Least I get my bonus at the end of the month, but that is adding to my anxiety as if they fuck me over I’ll literally be throwing my notice in as I haven’t got time to be fucked around
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:19:46 PM by Ghoul »

Bebpo

« Reply #4687 on: February 02, 2020, 09:43:53 PM »
Uh, can you split the pill and try .5? 1 is a lot for sure.

And yeah family...had the latest headbutting today with family because now that I got my car situation squared out, I got back to browsing around for housing. I found some idea stuff, nothing serious, about 25-45 min (depending on traffic) drive away from me & our office (I live like down the street from our office now) and got pretty heavy push back from certain family members who pretty heavily think I should only look to buy a place in the current city I live in (even though it's more expensive, and I can get a better place for my money with a small drive) because my health issues with my crohn's where once in a while I run home and work from home because of stomach/intestinal issues.

Like I agree that ideally living locally is great, but when looking for house it's pretty limiting to not be able to go more than like 10 miles in radius when there's tons of houses everywhere. I feel like I could make it work even from a bit of a distance, especially because I do a lot of work remotely from home but I got a lot of pushback and it was really stressful. Like I'm 38 and a grown adult and don't want to feel like I have to kertow to my parent's wishes and a house where I could spend the next 10-20 years of my life and get married and have a family in is a major investment/major life thing with taking on the mortgage and all that, so I feel like it's something I want to decide myself but yeah. Plus I don't even if I'll still be at this office here for 10-20 years.

Eh, working with family has a lot of benefits, but there's definitely some difficulties and head butting and feeling trapped because of it.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4688 on: February 03, 2020, 08:33:44 AM »
Fuck life. I feel so pathetic. I hate this.

I think I whiplash so much because of how much I bottle stuff up but I don’t have anyway to get it out. These past few months it’s getting really intense. I think it gets worse because I don’t sleep many nights. I’m really starting to worry about how bad it’s going to get because it seemed to drop off the continental shelf last year.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:52:12 AM by TVC15 »
serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4689 on: February 03, 2020, 08:47:55 AM »
Fuck life. I feel so pathetic. I hate this.

Take a long bathroom break and watch Strip Nude for Your Killer on iTunes in the toilet. Bless up.
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4690 on: February 03, 2020, 09:03:08 AM »
I'm going to take a break, brehs. Been feeling miserable lately.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4691 on: February 03, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »
To be fair I thought being a videogame reviewer also sucked and would never recommend it to people \o/

I enjoyed doing this for no money on my own back in high school and college.  Then I did the same thing for Gamebrink (lol) and it sucked because the guy would bother me for reviews the day a game would release.  Was glad when he stopped paying me so I could leave.

You mentioned the family aspect of work, but wouldn't they want you to be happy more than anything?  If you think another career path would be better...go for it.   :)
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4692 on: February 03, 2020, 09:35:01 AM »
I'm going to take a break, brehs. Been feeling miserable lately.

Bless up and best of rest.
ὕβρις

TVC15

« Reply #4693 on: February 05, 2020, 06:01:38 AM »
Well looks like I’m going into day 4. At least it’s a work at home day.
serge

bluemax

« Reply #4694 on: February 05, 2020, 10:08:34 PM »
Yeah, being a lawyer sucks and I'd never recommend it to people. People ask me what I do and I'm like oh I'm a lawyer and then move on to another subject because I don't enjoy talking about work. At best it's an ok 9-5 that pays the bills and lets me do fun stuff when I'm not at work.

I did like teaching English to kids in Japan. Probably most satisfying job I've had. Translating/fansubbing anime/manga was pretty cool too as long as you only do specific things you love and want to share with the world. As for what Bismarkie said, I don't have the drive to go get a PhD. Best I think I can do is teach at a law school but I don't know people because I used to be extremely shy and anti-social and didn't really talk with anyone when I was at law school. So don't really have any ins. I'd basically just have to get by on my background of some teaching in Japan and years being a lawyer and not fucking up and general current charm  :-*

I also have the weird issue of my office being family, so it definitely makes it weird in terms of leaving.

The girl I was dating is a corporate tax lawyer and she said she did it so she could have money to do what she wanted with life but not out of love for the subject. One of the reasons we hit it off so well initially was how much lawyer life is like game dev life.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #4695 on: February 05, 2020, 10:31:56 PM »
So interviews are going ok, done about 10+ but no one's been great so far. Had one really good candidate until we discovered she lied on her resume in a really easy to tell lie  :( (said she was an attorney years prior to actually passing the bar exam, which combined with her talking about trial experience yet not mentioning anything about trials on her resume and combined with her wanting to start at the highest amount of our hiring range all added up to seem like she was a grifter), some ok people.

And my brother has been frequenting the inside of LAX recently and came down sick today (probably coronavirus and we're all gonna die RIP) so we're down from 4 to 2 attorneys and I'm doing 3 interviews a day lol

But today I got done transitioning all the cases from the leaving attorney and it's not bad. I can definitely handle it without going crazy, especially with some help. Which is a little lightening of stress. Monday was reallllly bad because we had to do billing review at the start of a new month which takes about 3-4 hours of going through all the bills before they went out. Doing that + interviews + work I didn't sleep much Monday night. Left at a more reasonable time Tuesday and like immediately crashed to sleep and slept 10 hours and felt pretty refreshed and ok today which probably helps too.

Basically just been getting up -> work -> exercise -> eat something -> RDR2 for 1-2 hours -> bed routine everyone night and will stick to that until we got this under control. It's not terrible and I'm certainly making slow progress in RDR2 this way, but been declining all social/friend stuff during the weekdays and keeping my weekends open for the next month or two so I have some recovery time. Last weekend I had stuff packed Sat/Sun so I went from one intense work week right into the next without any rest days and that made Monday extra challenging.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #4696 on: February 06, 2020, 10:24:52 AM »
So interviews are going ok, done about 10+ but no one's been great so far. Had one really good candidate until we discovered she lied on her resume in a really easy to tell lie  :( (said she was an attorney years prior to actually passing the bar exam, which combined with her talking about trial experience yet not mentioning anything about trials on her resume and combined with her wanting to start at the highest amount of our hiring range all added up to seem like she was a grifter), some ok people.

And my brother has been frequenting the inside of LAX recently and came down sick today (probably coronavirus and we're all gonna die RIP) so we're down from 4 to 2 attorneys and I'm doing 3 interviews a day lol

But today I got done transitioning all the cases from the leaving attorney and it's not bad. I can definitely handle it without going crazy, especially with some help. Which is a little lightening of stress. Monday was reallllly bad because we had to do billing review at the start of a new month which takes about 3-4 hours of going through all the bills before they went out. Doing that + interviews + work I didn't sleep much Monday night. Left at a more reasonable time Tuesday and like immediately crashed to sleep and slept 10 hours and felt pretty refreshed and ok today which probably helps too.

Basically just been getting up -> work -> exercise -> eat something -> RDR2 for 1-2 hours -> bed routine everyone night and will stick to that until we got this under control. It's not terrible and I'm certainly making slow progress in RDR2 this way, but been declining all social/friend stuff during the weekdays and keeping my weekends open for the next month or two so I have some recovery time. Last weekend I had stuff packed Sat/Sun so I went from one intense work week right into the next without any rest days and that made Monday extra challenging.

Sounds like hell on earth man, hang in there, hope things settle soon, sucks interviewing people and just being like "listen you said X on resume, but in the office you're saying Y, get out stop wasting time"

As for me, I've gone back to the doctors and been like these pills are far too much, as firstly the fiance thought I was on non prescribed meds with how fucked I was and generally I'm nonfunctional on them.
Mentally I am just dancing the dance, trying to not fuck around with alcohol or other depressive things and just taking the good doggo for long ass walks and sitting in bar gardens drinking soda's etc.
Just gotta get it all to click, but we shall see. Also the therapist I talked to may I suspect may have been under qualified as from the notes from doctor back vs how I am something isn't adding up.

I think I'm just gonna go private on this matter I have good insurance and fuck it I pay for it, why not use it when I need it, insurance is weird like that, you pay for it, but then when you go to claim you're like ohh shit can't do that because premiums etc, WTF is that about, anyway, rambling over. Birthday very soon, sure that's gonna be a hoot as my OTT mother came over and just went ballistic at me for taking medication.

sorry for the wasting of your time :D

Bebpo

« Reply #4697 on: February 06, 2020, 11:48:40 AM »
Lol, I got sick

Had a miserable night last night, couldn’t sleep much with dry coughing and tearing up my throat, lungs and fever chills. Luckily my general doc down the street is fitting me in now. I think if he gives me some of that perscription cough syrup like the Wild West days with cocaine equivalent I’ll stop coughing and be able to sleep and heal up my lungs & throat.

But yeah timing for this is terrible of course.

Ghoul

« Reply #4698 on: February 06, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »
Lol, I got sick

Had a miserable night last night, couldn’t sleep much with dry coughing and tearing up my throat, lungs and fever chills. Luckily my general doc down the street is fitting me in now. I think if he gives me some of that perscription cough syrup like the Wild West days with cocaine equivalent I’ll stop coughing and be able to sleep and heal up my lungs & throat.

But yeah timing for this is terrible of course.

Let's just survive and fight to live another day, a day when we can make other peoples lives more miserable than need be.

Bebpo

« Reply #4699 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:14 PM »
Got the codeine coughing syrup prescription, also doc gave me a z-pack just in case but I don't have any bacteria/viral infection that doc could see, just cough and high fever. Was pretty dizzy and almost fainted dropping the prescription off. Not looking forward to going back out to get it but after that should be able to just rest in bed drinking water and drugs all day.

Ghoul

« Reply #4700 on: February 06, 2020, 12:45:32 PM »
Got the codeine coughing syrup prescription, also doc gave me a z-pack just in case but I don't have any bacteria/viral infection that doc could see, just cough and high fever. Was pretty dizzy and almost fainted dropping the prescription off. Not looking forward to going back out to get it but after that should be able to just rest in bed drinking water and drugs all day.

I hear cough syrup and sprite is a good way of taking it  :doge

Ghoul

« Reply #4701 on: February 06, 2020, 04:16:41 PM »
Short update so buying a house, getting rid of renting got a cool as fuck shibe and I’m cooking some sweet ass Korean BBQ style salmon for my fiancé, like why the fuck am I so depressed, I mean end of the day I’m doing super well in life but at the same time I have this duality or wanting to destroy it all. Fucking lame. Also fuck Xanax as that shit is just legal heroin and noping out of that after a week is probably what is making me feel like shit.

Life is weird just glad I have some fellow people I can shoot the shit with globally and be like cool it’s not just you
Thanks filler likes MVP!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4702 on: February 06, 2020, 04:39:41 PM »
Short update so buying a house, getting rid of renting got a cool as fuck shibe and I’m cooking some sweet ass Korean BBQ style salmon for my fiancé, like why the fuck am I so depressed, I mean end of the day I’m doing super well in life but at the same time I have this duality or wanting to destroy it all. Fucking lame. Also fuck Xanax as that shit is just legal heroin and noping out of that after a week is probably what is making me feel like shit.

Life is weird just glad I have some fellow people I can shoot the shit with globally and be like cool it’s not just you
Thanks filler likes MVP!
:mynicca

Ghoul

« Reply #4703 on: February 06, 2020, 04:44:19 PM »
Oxy is literally legal heroin, Xanax is an incredibly different and much lamer high.

I understand it’s medical use but can’t fathom why it’s so popular recreationally for anyone not suffering from anxiety.

It was prescribed that’s the worst part of it.

Also as someone who was on 1mg a day I can say it’s to make you a zombie non problem whilst they figure out what the fuck to do with you. To do that for “fun” nah, not for me I kinda like you know living.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 04:49:54 PM by Ghoul »

Ghoul

« Reply #4704 on: February 07, 2020, 07:42:39 AM »
today, still feel like death, but I'm not dead and don't feel such dread over me today. Got a seat on the train and got lots of worried looks as I coughed, quite a fun ride into work.

Ghoul

« Reply #4705 on: February 07, 2020, 09:29:40 AM »
How do you know you aren't dead tho

Matrix level

BisMarckie

« Reply #4706 on: February 07, 2020, 11:01:02 AM »
Having to post on the bore would be a cruel and unusual punishment even for hell.

« Reply #4707 on: February 07, 2020, 11:06:16 AM »
Oxy is literally legal heroin, Xanax is an incredibly different and much lamer high.

I understand it’s medical use but can’t fathom why it’s so popular recreationally for anyone not suffering from anxiety.

I have so much Oxy left over from my heart surgery and will likely end up with a ton of the stuff following round two next month. It did absolutely nothing for me and Extra Strength Tylenol worked just fine for controlling pain.
野球

Clockwork5

« Reply #4708 on: February 07, 2020, 01:15:13 PM »
Monday is root canal day :/  and that is just the first appointment for the first root canal. I have another tooth that might need to get yanked. The dentist said it’s on the verge and I was just like “pull it” until she started going over the costs of an implant. Holy shit those things are like ten grand. So I quickly backtracked and changed my tune to “let’s try to save it”.

Coincidentally they want me to come in sedated on Xanax for my canal and gave me a test dose that I took a few nights ago. I wouldn’t call it recreational at all. It was just more of a “time to go to bed” feeling. I really wouldn’t want to be on that all the time.

Bebpo

« Reply #4709 on: February 07, 2020, 01:41:20 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty dead too. Like I get sick a lot, but this has to be the hardest I've ever been hit in the head. Can barely type this post. Can't even watch tv because it hurts my headache.
Was up to 101.6 fever last night, but did seem to fever break at some point and been in the 99.0-100.0 range since. Still getting massive fever chills and cold af.

The worst part is this massive headache I have. Just 24/7 and reaching down or turning my head or doing anything makes me it worse. Coughing (which is mostly under control thankfully) gives me 12/10 kill myself sharp stabbing headaches in the front half.

Pretty much just on 500mg tylenol every 4 hours (3000/day) but even that barely helps the headache and fever. Plus even though it's every 4 hours, the effects wear off at 3.5 hours and I start getting bad chills and headaches. Drinking tons of water.

Oh and can't sleep more than 30-60 mins at a time, so slept all night but woke up every hour :|

I'm guessing it's just the flu, my doctor said since the fever is going down to just give it a few days unless it spikes.
Only other thing I can think of is viral meningitis because of the constant severe headache, but at least so far don't have neck stiffness and no weird stuff like bright lights being painful. So hopefully not that.

Just so much pain >< I'm not supposed to take aspirin or ibuprofen due to the meds I'm on, so pretty much all I've got is 500mg tylenol.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4710 on: February 07, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »
turmeric and pepper

Ghoul

« Reply #4711 on: February 07, 2020, 01:59:38 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty dead too. Like I get sick a lot, but this has to be the hardest I've ever been hit in the head. Can barely type this post. Can't even watch tv because it hurts my headache.
Was up to 101.6 fever last night, but did seem to fever break at some point and been in the 99.0-100.0 range since. Still getting massive fever chills and cold af.

The worst part is this massive headache I have. Just 24/7 and reaching down or turning my head or doing anything makes me it worse. Coughing (which is mostly under control thankfully) gives me 12/10 kill myself sharp stabbing headaches in the front half.

Pretty much just on 500mg tylenol every 4 hours (3000/day) but even that barely helps the headache and fever. Plus even though it's every 4 hours, the effects wear off at 3.5 hours and I start getting bad chills and headaches. Drinking tons of water.

Oh and can't sleep more than 30-60 mins at a time, so slept all night but woke up every hour :|

I'm guessing it's just the flu, my doctor said since the fever is going down to just give it a few days unless it spikes.
Only other thing I can think of is viral meningitis because of the constant severe headache, but at least so far don't have neck stiffness and no weird stuff like bright lights being painful. So hopefully not that.

Just so much pain >< I'm not supposed to take aspirin or ibuprofen due to the meds I'm on, so pretty much all I've got is 500mg tylenol.

Yeah I’m kinda in the same boat and basically a super cold or hot bath shower depending on your temp does wonders. I called my local services today to be like well I work in an area with a large amount of Chinese tourists and they are just like, when you get worse give us a call back. Fucking top tier damage control. Good thing I’ve only gone to work for a week and a half-ish since feeling like shit. Ah well more travel with work on Monday so may as well infect a few more. In the words of R Kelly “it’s the freaking weekend, and I’m gonna die in bed until Monday”

My update house offer went through and that’s cool. Feel like death, mind is somewhat positive, I just hate everything and one that are involved with buying a place, so many stupid obstacles, I have X amount near 50% of price, why dick me around over a four year mid payment when I know for a fact I was told it was paid. That conversation is for when I’m not so groggy as I wanna slap someone verbally, apologies CS rep that gets abused in advance
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 02:06:24 PM by Ghoul »

Bebpo

« Reply #4712 on: February 07, 2020, 07:04:30 PM »
Yeah, I don't know how you're still functioning.

So I'm pretty sure this is the flu and now I realize I've never had the actual "flu" even though I get whatever cold is usually going around. This is night and day from a cold.
And since I work with my family, my whole family is coming down with it too. Hoping everyone gets through this ok.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4713 on: February 07, 2020, 08:09:56 PM »
I got the flu for the first time the week of the new year. Spent that Monday just feeling kind of dumpy. Tuesday too. Wednesday I thought I was getting better. Thursday I went back to work and felt awful. Friday I crashed hard at work. I’ve never felt anything like that. I’ve been sick but I’ve never been sick like that where it’s debilitating. My wife and I both had it. After a week at home I felt good enough to go back to work. But I still had a cough and phlegm for like 3 weeks.

Bebpo

« Reply #4714 on: February 07, 2020, 09:16:54 PM »
So I almost died.

Had a little bit of phlegm in my lungs, had the first cough to bring it out of my lungs and into my throat, but couldn't get it out from my throat with my 2nd or next few coughs. So what happened is a bunch of phlegm blocked my airways and I started choking to death and couldn't breathe and eventually I was able to get some air through the phlegm and breathe. But I never got the phlegm out so yeah.

Definitely concerned about this happening again. I've been taking an expectorant every 4 hours and drinking lots of water, so that this still happened is bad.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4715 on: February 07, 2020, 09:21:24 PM »
Oh my god Bebpo that's awful.

Hopefully you'll get better soon. Have you seeked out medical care?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4716 on: February 07, 2020, 10:41:09 PM »
So I almost died.

Had a little bit of phlegm in my lungs, had the first cough to bring it out of my lungs and into my throat, but couldn't get it out from my throat with my 2nd or next few coughs. So what happened is a bunch of phlegm blocked my airways and I started choking to death and couldn't breathe and eventually I was able to get some air through the phlegm and breathe. But I never got the phlegm out so yeah.

Definitely concerned about this happening again. I've been taking an expectorant every 4 hours and drinking lots of water, so that this still happened is bad.
this would happen to me during sleep anytime I got sick as a kid  :stahp waking up in the middle of the night all through childhood struggling to breathe  :tocry

TVC15

« Reply #4717 on: February 08, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »
So I almost died.

:( That sounds dangerous. Should you maybe call your health care’s 24/7 line and see if this is worth going to the hospital for? I’d be worried about sleeping. Take care of yourself, bebps!
serge

Bebpo

« Reply #4718 on: February 08, 2020, 01:41:29 AM »
thanks, yeah docs dont think its a big deal. I dont really have enough symptoms for the ER to take me since my lungs are clear and my fever is lowering and 99 or below.

will keep an eye on it. moved back in with the parents so not living alone right now.

Bebpo

« Reply #4719 on: February 08, 2020, 03:35:19 PM »
Around 3am was able to cough up a thick ball of phlegm from my lungs. After that my lungs were clear and no worries of choking so things got a lot better.

Still feverish ~99f and headache and stuffy, but definitely doing better today on day 3 and slightly functional. Was able to drive to the market and pick up some supplies and was able to eat my first piece of meat in 2.5 days. Haven't had an appetite so haven't been eating anything besides some oatmeal/apple sauce. If I can get back on food that should give my body more energy to fight this thing.

Mostly just trying to take it easy today because whenever I exert myself I start to get fluid in the lungs and as long as I can avoid Bronchitis/Pneumonia, I can probably make it through this thing.

Bebpo

« Reply #4720 on: February 08, 2020, 11:06:21 PM »
Definitely doing a little better today. Was up to driving around a bit.

Staying with the parents has been hmmm. My parents are sick with this too a day or two or three behind me. They're sick and treating this like it's no big deal even with a 101-102F fever. I tried to get my mom to go to an urgent care and get on the tamiflu antiviral but she was like I don't want to sit for hours in a waiting room with a bunch of sick people and catch something else.

They're in their 70s so an at risk group and google results are telling me that at-risk groups with the flu, high fever and chills should see a doc right away. But they're like you get the flu every few years, drink liquids and rest and it clears up.

Maybe I'm overreacting because I'm not used to the flu and all the coronavirus stuff has me extra worried/paranoid.

Bebpo

« Reply #4721 on: February 09, 2020, 07:25:09 PM »
Excited for tomorrow being monday since the whole thing where all the doctors that actually know you and your medical history only work M-F meaning if you get an illness towards the end of the week you're shit out of luck over the weekend and may just die because whoops. This isn't the first time I've run into this and it really makes me think that doctors should not be M-F jobs. Or at least their nurse practioner should work Sat/Sun. Yeah there's the walk-in/urgent care doctors but I've had pretty bad experience with them over time and ER is iffy too.

So my flu part is doing a little better, my mom ended up going to an urgent care and they tested her and she had influenza type A which means that's what we all have.

The problem with me specifically and probably why this thing is still been pretty killer is I definitely have bronchitis from it at this point and I'm trying to do my best to not irritate it to pneumonia since I have a very low immune system currently. Even on mucinex type stuff still have a hard lung cough about once an hour or two that brings up a bit of phlegm. So it's hard to let my lungs heal when I keep irratating them :|

If I can live until tomorrow I'll be on the phone with my doctors and find out if there's other stuff they want me to be on at this point to try to control & heal the bronchitis and not let it get to pneumonia.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4722 on: February 09, 2020, 07:30:50 PM »
i hope you survive, m8. 

Bebpo

« Reply #4723 on: February 09, 2020, 08:22:21 PM »
And now my mom's in the ER with the brain infection from this. They're giving her antibiotics, keeping her on fluids and keeping her for 2-3 days to monitor and run tests  :(
fuck this shit

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4724 on: February 09, 2020, 08:25:07 PM »
Sorry dude, hope things get better soon. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4725 on: February 09, 2020, 08:41:51 PM »
hope you and your mom feel better soon or at least hear some good news by tomorrow <3

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4726 on: February 09, 2020, 08:55:11 PM »
Sorry Bebpo, some people get super paranoid in hospitals so just try to get everyone to calm down and they'll cruise through the hospital bullshit.

And also she probably didn't catch anything from you, when I had a viral infection a few years ago the doctor said that I was actually not very contagious the day I went in (when symptoms were heaviest). Only the first few days are really contagious and you usually don't know if you just have a cold or a flu during that time.

Bebpo

« Reply #4727 on: February 10, 2020, 12:01:28 AM »
Thank you all, got back from the hospital and after they got her on IV fluids (which she really needed) and some stuff her vitals got a lot better and fever down to something reasonable in the 101F range. She was a lot more coherent by the time I got to the hospital and they did a spinal tap and ran tests and the doctor seemed think there wasn't a separate infection going on and the confusion and brain lining inflammation was a side effect of the flu. They're keeping her overnight but expect her to be ok to treat at home tomorrow. All good news so far. Hoping for the best.

Bebpo

« Reply #4728 on: February 10, 2020, 07:51:01 PM »
Yeah, good news today. My mom got discharged from the ER and I spent some time with her and she seems in really good condition, like in that one night she got past the fever part of this and is now just dealing with some of the side effect stuff like sore throat from coughs. She's pretty cheery and has no memory of about 4 hours of yesterday when she went to the ER. Apparently she was at 104F when she got there. My dad who took her filmed some videos of her confusion when it was happening which came in handy at the ER when the first person just asked a few questions and thought she was fine until my dad showed the videos and started asking her more questions. Watching those videos was pretty hard, seeing a close family member confused like that suddenly.

I also seem to have cleared most of this. Saw my GP and my lungs were pretty clear so no Pneumonia and fever & chills is mostly gone. Even the bronchitis lung irritation I had is pretty gone today and don't have much of a cough even if chest is still a bit tight and inflamed. Basically just feels like a light cold now. Getting a little bit of work done from home and will either go back into work tomorrow or Wednesday I think. My brother's basically recovered and is back at work today.

My dad who got this last out of our family's got some symptoms, but he doesn't seem to have any fever and just some cough mild bronchitis stuff which he's taking things for so he seems ok too. Surprisingly my brother's long time gf who lives with him didn't get it at all, but her and my dad might've caught this or something similar in the past and have some immunity.

But overall, all good news. Looks like my family is all ok and hopefully in a few more days we'll all be back on our feet and can get back to work and start catching up. We still need to finish interviews and hire someone asap. At least one of our paralegals is out with this flu as well, but the rest of our employees all seem ok today from what I am being told. Of course, I'm the only person in the entire fucking office that apparently got a flu shot this year. Next fall we're gonna mandate everyone gets them. Need that herd immunity.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4729 on: February 10, 2020, 07:55:10 PM »
inshallah :rejoice
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:52:10 PM by filler »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4730 on: February 10, 2020, 08:38:07 PM »
I love hearing good news.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4731 on: February 11, 2020, 01:33:45 AM »
So I almost died.

Thank you all, got back from the hospital and after they got her on IV fluids (which she really needed) and some stuff her vitals got a lot better and fever down to something reasonable in the 101F range. She was a lot more coherent by the time I got to the hospital and they did a spinal tap and ran tests and the doctor seemed think there wasn't a separate infection going on and the confusion and brain lining inflammation was a side effect of the flu. They're keeping her overnight but expect her to be ok to treat at home tomorrow. All good news so far. Hoping for the best.

Jesus, bebsy, get better, hope your mom gets fully recovered… just, wow. You're dealing with too much.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4732 on: February 11, 2020, 11:37:14 AM »
Flu is really bad this year. A lot of the 2009 H1N1 going around. Take care glad y’all are doing better. Don’t be afraid of going back to be seen in the ER if you get sick/worse as secondary bacterial pneumonia’s are common
dur

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4733 on: February 13, 2020, 12:06:42 PM »
you should wear hoodie while posting  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4734 on: February 13, 2020, 12:33:12 PM »
but also take off your pants

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4735 on: February 13, 2020, 03:50:33 PM »
rock climbing will painfully teach you about muscles you never even knew you had
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #4736 on: February 14, 2020, 02:19:10 AM »
Flu is really bad this year. A lot of the 2009 H1N1 going around. Take care glad y’all are doing better. Don’t be afraid of going back to be seen in the ER if you get sick/worse as secondary bacterial pneumonia’s are common

Thanks, yeah this has been rough.

I'm pretty far recovered at this point. I wasn't able to keep down food for about a week which killed my energy levels. Only back on protein meat today finally. Back at work now but get like 3-4 hours in and then feel drained and go home and nap. Still have a bit of a cough but nothing thick or discolored so it's more annoyance.

My family seems pretty well on recovery too with just same lingering cough and drained energy.

Super behind on work, but slowly getting stuff done and figure will try to work on catching up on the weekend as well.

Definitely see a light at the end of this tunnel. Hopefully by mid-next week will be 100% back to normal along with my family and mostly caught back up on work. We put our interviewing on hold this week, but hopefully will get back to doing interviews next week.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4737 on: February 14, 2020, 03:21:34 AM »
Been having a sore tooth or teeth for a week. Last couple days, it became painful to chew. I sometimes damage my roots from grinding my teeth too much, but I use a night guard religiously now. Despite it, I have been waking up at 3AM from tooth pain, so I saw a dentist. She told me it's just sensitive nerves, damaged, but might recover. Pain washes over me in waves, and the tolerable parts are getting shorter, and the overwhelming pain is growing longer.

Last night, I was curled up in the shower, crying and drooling, I haven't been in this much pain in 15 years or more: the last time I had root troubles with my teeth, and part of my root was necrotized.

Out of habit, I went to work this morning despite waking up throughout the night in pain. On the train, I can't focus on anything, just this insane pain in my jaw. I get to work and make an appointment with the dentist, who can see me immediately. She recognizes that my root is likely irreparably damaged, and asks if I want an emergency root canal procedure. I am in so much pain, I don't see another choice.

Getting properly anesthetized took about 4 more attempts even after she doped me up at the big nerve at the hinge of my jaw, but eventually she got all of my nerves scraped out from inside that molar.

I'm unhappy to have another root canal, but really fucking grateful to not be balled up in pain and waiting for it to get worse.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4738 on: February 14, 2020, 04:16:16 AM »
That sucks. When I had a root canal, the nurse was amazed at my pain tolerance but the periodontist corrected her and said that it's because nerve was completely dead already.

What is dead may never die. It was my Theon.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4739 on: February 14, 2020, 01:02:06 PM »
you know what you have to do. fuck him in the ass