Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 530762 times)

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #4440 on: July 30, 2019, 11:32:17 AM »
https://twitter.com/SavagePapangu/status/1156194418728275968

https://twitter.com/SavagePapangu/status/1156190458747457536

Fuck.

Somehow my computer was stil on despite being in water. Everything semi dry now.  But lots of water under the floor. Fuck

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4441 on: July 30, 2019, 11:34:38 AM »
Oh geez that sucks. Is that just from rain or did a pipe burst?

Ah second tweet makes it seem like just insane rains

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4442 on: July 30, 2019, 11:36:36 AM »
Rain. A drain lock (or whatever you call it in English) then popped up because there was so much water. I went to ask the neighbours who just said they didn't think they had a leak
They then looked into their basement and it was just a flood down there. They haven't had that in the 20 years they have been living there. Crazy rain

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4443 on: July 30, 2019, 05:25:24 PM »
Good news: kitty cancer has not spread so no need for chemo, I assume an operation is next. They said the doctor would call very soon to discuss the treatment plan. I don't want to sound like a jerk but I really hope that's handled over the phone instead of another $170 visit

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4444 on: August 05, 2019, 10:26:34 AM »
I need to leave here because I resent you all for having interests and thoughts and the drive to do things. I wish I had these things, but I'm hollow. I'm finding it more and more painful to deal with and even encounter other people, and I don't think it's going to get better. I wish I could say more but it would read like a plea for help or sympathy. I just wanted you guys to know why I left. Please don't try to contact me.

I’ll miss a lot of you guys. Take it easy.
serge

Tasty

« Reply #4445 on: August 05, 2019, 10:36:22 AM »
TVC I love you man. :(

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4446 on: August 05, 2019, 12:22:57 PM »
You're not hollow man, you're very imaginative! I hope you find something (maybe writing?), even if it's just for yourself. Bless.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4447 on: August 05, 2019, 12:38:06 PM »
Take care, TVC <3

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4448 on: August 05, 2019, 01:38:58 PM »
You've always been my favorite internet person to read, TVC. Take care of yourself and hopefully I see you pop up again down the line.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4449 on: August 05, 2019, 01:50:30 PM »
That's the dumbest shit I've ever read. Go to a psychiatrist and surround yourself with people you love, isolation will only make it worse.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4450 on: August 05, 2019, 02:53:43 PM »
I need to leave here because I resent you all for having interests and thoughts and the drive to do things. I wish I had these things, but I'm hollow. I'm finding it more and more painful to deal with and even encounter other people, and I don't think it's going to get better. I wish I could say more but it would read like a plea for help or sympathy. I just wanted you guys to know why I left. Please don't try to contact me.

you cool young dude slut, you can't quit us  ::)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4451 on: August 05, 2019, 03:00:56 PM »

Having those thoughts is more common and shared than you may think, if that's worth anything.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4452 on: August 05, 2019, 03:03:22 PM »
thinking we have interests and the drive to do things  :foodcourt

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4453 on: August 05, 2019, 03:59:01 PM »

Lmao everybody on the bore is a loser shut-in, bruh :rofl

How will I hook you up with a fake Belgian passport if you don’t stay :juicy
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4454 on: August 05, 2019, 05:40:49 PM »

If it makes you feel better, I don't have any interests or the drive to do things.
©@©™

BIONIC

« Reply #4455 on: August 06, 2019, 01:16:44 AM »
I blame shonda for TVC’s untimely passing.

Shonda retire bitch :steiner
Margs

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4456 on: August 06, 2019, 11:13:51 PM »

I’m pretty sure you made this post a couple of times before. You’ll be back.
🍆🍆

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4457 on: August 06, 2019, 11:21:53 PM »

Breh, all I do is watch anime and play vidya.
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4458 on: August 07, 2019, 10:59:38 AM »

Don't worry guys. I got this.

That'll get him to start posting again.
que

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4459 on: August 07, 2019, 01:28:45 PM »
TVC you're very nice, love you bud. GLHF

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4460 on: August 08, 2019, 02:29:33 PM »
Rona cat update: After some x-rays and test and such, they determined it may be too difficult to get the whole tumor out as it is right now. It's dug in a little deep around her lymph nodes and might be attaching to the bone. So the plan now is to give her a couple of chemo pills (same as a human would get but in a tiny dose) to shrink the tumor and then go in for the operation. The vet thinks it's possible this drug could shrink the tumor up to half size.

She goes in tomorrow morning to get some bloodwork done to make sure her kidneys will be okay and if she passes that test then they'll give her the pills on the spot and we play the waiting game. Vet said the side effects are often like a human's (vomiting, loss of appetite, hair loss) though cats usually have less of a reaction.

Including a cat picture to make up for all the nonsense blabber. I can stop posting about it if no one cares, just thought I'd give an update.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #4461 on: August 08, 2019, 02:40:16 PM »
tvc, you posting here was the main reason i even joined this fucking place  :'(

skullstorm

« Reply #4462 on: August 09, 2019, 04:50:55 AM »
tvc, you posting here was the main reason i even joined this fucking place  :'(

You should have posted those speedo pics for him!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4463 on: September 03, 2019, 03:07:21 PM »
Putting Rona down in 3 hours. Two kitties gone in a year, fucking sucks.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4464 on: September 03, 2019, 03:07:44 PM »
Putting Rona down in 3 hours. Two kitties gone in a year, fucking sucks.

:'(

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4465 on: September 03, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »
 :-\

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4466 on: September 03, 2019, 03:56:29 PM »
Sorry buddy

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4467 on: September 03, 2019, 05:31:15 PM »
😢

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4468 on: September 03, 2019, 07:51:47 PM »
She went peacefully and with a belly full of treats. Only had three years with her but words can't say how much I'll miss her. RIP.

Bebpo

« Reply #4469 on: September 04, 2019, 09:12:39 PM »
So I just fucked up real bad in data management

Ok, so I'm on iOS, have all my photos (~15,000), contacts, paid apps, etc..., this is linked to AppleID Example A ("Old Email")
Now Old Email is actually tied to an old gmail account gmail locked years ago and doesn't receive new emails
my main email I use for all my stuff is Example B ("Real Email")

Now this started because fucking Marvel Unlimited changed their login on the IOS reader app from username/password to email/password. My marvel unlimited account is web-based an Real Email.

I thought this might be because Old Email and Real Email don't match so it logs me in but doesn't think I subscribe to Marvel Unlimited.

So I figured I'd do what has been a long time in coming and fix my AppleID from Old Email to Real Email since it's never been great that the email associated with my AppleID doesn't actually work.

I went to change my AppleID but it wouldn't let me change my AppleID from Old Email to Real Email because the Real Email was some throwaway Apple account I had decades ago that I never used.

So I figured I'd delete whatever throwaway account is attached to Real Email, free it up and then change my AppleID from Old Email to Real Email and then everything would be 1:1 and hopefully the Marvel Unlimited app issue would fix. I go through the steps to delete the account associated with Real Email and it tells me a 12 digit access code that is super important to write down and me being dumb figured there's no reason I'd ever need to recover the throwaway account associated with Real Email so I just copy and pasted it and never wrote it down.

Everything seems fine until I try using my Old Email main account and it is locked and nothing works. I call Apple Support.

Somehow between the pages of being logged into the throwaway account on Real Email and the privacy deletion account, cookies or someshit logged into my main account associated to Old Email and deleted that and I didn't write down the access code.

Spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Apple Support trying everything in the book but no luck or idea how to stop the account from being deleted. So in a few days I'm gonna lose all my photos for the last 5 or so years that I haven't backed up to something (and to be fair most of the good ones I've put somewhere), all my contacts, my calendar which I actually use to calendar stuff upcoming like appointments and any apps I've purchased I'll have to repurchase.

So yeah, this is gonna be bad. Shit. Don't even know the easiest way to backup my icloud photos offline, and will just have to start writing down contact information by hand and my upcoming next year calendar.  Fuck.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4470 on: September 04, 2019, 11:54:04 PM »
What do you mean by your old gmail account being locked? A friend forgot their password once and didn't have any backup sign-in methods enabled but we were able to recover it by answering questions on the approximate date that the account was created and what the last password used was.

If there's no way to recover it, then I truly feel sorry for you. Can't imagine having to backup 5 years worth of shit in two days.

Bebpo

« Reply #4471 on: September 06, 2019, 02:23:19 AM »
Yeah, my old gmail account got locked when I got suckered into a work phishing email and it sent out phishing spam from my account to like 1,000 people and google locked the account. I tried to get them to re-open it and they unlocked it but it stopped functioning and has never received a single email since the day it was locked (and I'm sure lots were sent, like I said it was my main email for my apple ID for years).

Anyhow, I think I got most of everything backed up by the end of last night. Got all my photos in 1,000 photo zip files and deleted and redownloaded and re-logged into all the apps I use. All contacts/calendar/notes/bookmarks seem to have merged with the new apple ID I made yesterday. Was a huge pain in the ass and cost me some $$$ but seems ok now.

In other news, had another struggle moment today. Went to Disneyland with friends and went to the new Star Wars land. There's a cantina there that sells weird unique drinks. I got a fizzy foam one and the guy jokingly warned me it was dangerous and don't snort it. I was laughing with my friends when I tried to eat through the foam on top and accidently breathed it in. This was a weird fizzy numbing foam that makes your lips and mouth go numb and when it went into my lungs I literally stopped being able to breathe and started panic attack dying. I tried to inhale in but the foam was blocking the airways and I couldn't get anything through. After a bunch of attempts and coughing finally got some air through and then was just getting breaths in while calming the panick attacking down until I could fully breathe again. The guy working their gave me a glass of water and says this happens every week to like 25-30 people and a least I didn't end up on the floor like a lot of them and gave me a glass of water. Not sure if he was joking but yeah...

Not really sure how to reflect on it, all I could think at the time when I couldn't breathe was "oh fuck this might be it" and nerves are still a little shocked tonight from the experience. Anyhow I think I'm not touching foam anything for the rest of my life now lol

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4472 on: September 09, 2019, 11:39:27 AM »
Got almost 500 euros in speeding fine. I am now team #acab

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4473 on: September 09, 2019, 03:29:31 PM »
What country were you in and how fast were you going? I didn't even know Eurocops give speeding tickets outside of Switzerland.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4474 on: September 09, 2019, 03:36:39 PM »
Whatever gave you that impression?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4475 on: September 09, 2019, 03:40:02 PM »
top gear, mostly

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4476 on: September 09, 2019, 03:40:34 PM »
What country were you in and how fast were you going? I didn't even know Eurocops give speeding tickets outside of Switzerland.

Cops giving tickets is less of a thing but that's because, in France at least, this has largely been shifted to automated cameras / speed radars. Not an expert but apart from the mythical German autobahns I think most European countries have speeding laws enforced (if only because it's also a massive financial boon).
ὕβρις

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4477 on: September 09, 2019, 03:46:47 PM »

I was going around 75, as I was crossing into a 50 (city) zone. Was pretty stupid of me to be fair, but I was hardly past the border of the 80 km an hour zone, and on a road with absolutely no one or anything happening... Except two bored cops with lasers.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4478 on: September 09, 2019, 04:50:08 PM »
Yeah I think I heard that on Top Gear but the only Euro countries I've driven in are France, Italy, and Spain. Everyone goes over the 130kmh limit on highways which is already fast compared to us. The only thing I remember about city driving is the roads were too small to go fast.

I can't judge, I accidentally barreled through the beginning of a red light a week ago and copied the dash cam footage in case I get a ticket in the mail and need to make it look like I had a justification.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4479 on: September 19, 2019, 04:56:27 PM »
cousin told me he can get me a job where he works. pay, benefits, retirement paid holidays all good. but I have to re-up, they only hire national guard   :-\

becoming a natti boi to own my financial insecurity  :doge

I really don't want to cut my hair, also don't want to end up contributing directly to this shit: https://twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/status/1174745925086064644

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4480 on: September 19, 2019, 05:08:20 PM »
National guard is a way to get military benefits without doing anything abroad, just think of it as a way to fuck Uncle Sam
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4481 on: September 19, 2019, 08:52:01 PM »
filler seems like he'd be an expert at uncle fucking
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4482 on: September 20, 2019, 02:15:56 AM »
Turned 52 today.
The rockstars of my youth are dying in droves.
Time stops for no-one.
Rust never sleeps.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4483 on: September 23, 2019, 01:03:41 PM »
My next committee meeting got postponed by a month at the last minute.  I sent out a poll for meet times 2 weeks ago.  3/4 profs. did it right away one waited two weeks (despite me sending 2 reminders and my supervisor sending 2 reminders), so when they did do it then the prickly prof. in the group now was unavailable and had to see if he can reschedule.  That was Friday.  At noon I get an email saying he could.  Twenty minutes later I get an email from another prof. saying that they had just read the last few emails and now they can't make it. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4484 on: September 28, 2019, 07:03:02 PM »
Now it's looking like it will be after Nov. 20.  SMH. 

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4485 on: September 29, 2019, 09:52:24 AM »
I mean yeah, she probably realized it was sabotage on your part. You ain't slick.

BIONIC

« Reply #4486 on: September 29, 2019, 10:14:19 AM »
Let my mom borrow my car for an event, she blew out a tire on it, wants me to pay for it :beli

That’s what you get for not liking her posts :ufup
Margs

El Babua

« Reply #4487 on: September 30, 2019, 01:55:12 PM »
Sickest I've been all year.

:-\

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4488 on: September 30, 2019, 03:36:42 PM »
no wonder you are always angry on the internet

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4489 on: September 30, 2019, 04:32:18 PM »
She suffered for hours so that you could be brought into this world. Stop being an ungrateful little brat.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4490 on: September 30, 2019, 04:47:12 PM »
he's adopted

Bebpo

« Reply #4491 on: October 04, 2019, 09:18:25 PM »
So for like decades I've had a weird thing in my throat where sometimes if I talk too much I suddenly feel a sharp pain like a cut in my throat and my throat closes out and I can't talk until I drink some water and sometimes it bleeds a bit. Once it happens it's sore and more likely to keep happening so I have to rest an be careful with my voice.

I was told it was a non-cancerous polyp/nodule on my vocal chords and it's no big deal.

But it's been getting worse and happening more often over the years until a week ago when I woke up spitting up a good deal of blood spits and feeling the blood dripping down into my lungs and feeling slightly congested with blood  :'(  And my throat has been sore/raw since I keep losing my voice if I talk much at all. I went to see a local throat doctor that I'd seen a year ago and they saw the nodule and told me to basically live with it unless it gets worse. Well this time I saw them they looked and the polyp/nodule was gone and they're like "you like fine to me so I have no idea where you are bleeding from or what is going on, get out of my office". He basically was like uhhhh maybe it's from your lungs or something and you should get some tests there.

Anyhow dude was an idiot, but I learned that this issue I'd had for years had been misdiagnosed as being just a side effect of the polyp on my vocal chords. Because this guy was right and showed me in the images, that the polyp was gone, but I was having worse symptoms than ever.

So I've been pretty depressed, feeling like shit this whole week, not caring about responsibilities so much and just figuring I'm kinda fucked and gonna die lol and being in bed a lot. I learned really fast how hard life is socially if you can't talk much -_- not to mention work. Oh and I wake up like every 1-2 hours because the thing tickles/discomforts in my throat and makes me want to dry cough so I spend 5-10 mins on a throat lozenger and then sleep another 1-2 hours.

But today I talked with one of my real good doctors, my GI and he agreed with me that the local doc was dumb and it's likely not anything in my lungs or something dumb but something in my mid/upper throat that's being missed so he referred me to a really good throat/voice guy and I got an appointment set up for the start of next week. Downside is the guy doesn't take any insurance and this being AMERICA it's gonna cost me a little under $1k to get diagnosed, which luckily I'm lucky enough that I can afford it, but the upside is I'm finally feeling hopeful that maybe I'll finally get this thing figured out and get some treatment for it and not die soon. So I'm less depressed now.

I've also had food poisoning since this happened a week ago and haven't been able to eat much besides juice, crackers, bananas and the lack of food has been sorta working into being more down and low energy about this. Pretty sure it was from the stress of it, so hopefully stomach will get back together.

My best guess is that I've got an ulcer/sore on the epiglottis flap that opens/closes when you breathe & talk and the ulcer when dry and moving sometimes stretches and tears which the shock of the pain causes it to slam shut cutting off my voice and stuff until I get some water. Talking and breathing through my mouth when I sleep produces hot air which dries it out and talking moves it a lot and makes it more like to tear. If that's it, then I think the ulcer's just been slowing getting bigger everytime it tears and is pretty bad now. Hopefully the guy on monday can confirm!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4492 on: October 04, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »
Hope it's nothing serious and you get the right treatment!

he referred me to a really good throat/voice guy and I got an appointment set up for the start of next week. Downside is the guy doesn't take any insurance and this being AMERICA it's gonna cost me a little under $1k to get diagnosed

:cornette
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4493 on: October 04, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »
Hope it's nothing serious and you get the right treatment!

he referred me to a really good throat/voice guy and I got an appointment set up for the start of next week. Downside is the guy doesn't take any insurance and this being AMERICA it's gonna cost me a little under $1k to get diagnosed

:cornette

America!  :'(

At least if he can diagnose it, I can then go see someone that takes my insurance for treatment from that point.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4494 on: October 04, 2019, 10:57:00 PM »
I’m struggling through a horrible ankle injury. MRI after a week of RICE still couldn’t be easily read by an Ortho surgeon. I got tripped while jogging (@4am) by a twine used for landscaping and immediately heard the “snap crackle pop.” I knew it was bad but this is devastating as I’m days away from a big trip to Japan. The one thing that I was going for me was Formula 1. I’ve been trying to get assistance with getting to the track which has defeated me. I can’t walk 2km, let alone my own damn bathroom..  :'(

I’m sorry for adding to the recent struggles you guys have been facing. I hope we all can pull through the struggle to be just inconvenienced.

Bebpo

« Reply #4495 on: October 04, 2019, 11:26:33 PM »
I’m struggling through a horrible ankle injury. MRI after a week of RICE still couldn’t be easily read by an Ortho surgeon. I got tripped while jogging (@4am) by a twine used for landscaping and immediately heard the “snap crackle pop.” I knew it was bad but this is devastating as I’m days away from a big trip to Japan. The one thing that I was going for me was Formula 1. I’ve been trying to get assistance with getting to the track which has defeated me. I can’t walk 2km, let alone my own damn bathroom..  :'(

I’m sorry for adding to the recent struggles you guys have been facing. I hope we all can pull through the struggle to be just inconvenienced.

That's rough. Can you walk with a crutch? My advice for Japan would be to spend the money and taxi everywhere, unfortunately Japan is a very walking city and even getting around train stations is a lot of walking. If you could taxi direct, that'll probably help.

Alternatively, can you re-schedule and get most of your money back? Might be better to try to go in 6 months or a year after this heals up.

I'm booked for Japan in a month too and hoping I don't have to cancel my trip as well in case I need a surgery or something immediately.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4496 on: October 06, 2019, 03:09:18 PM »
I tried crutches and failed at using them. My splint and boot have helped out a bit but I’m still far from able to walk long distances. We’ve been so busy calling up Chase about our travel insurance options that we’re ready to just say fuck everything and go. We might not get to everything we wanted to do, but at least we’ll have a story. Taxis cost be damned we gonna have a great time. Oh and did I mention there is a cat 4 typhoon coming directly to the area we’re staying? Yeah this is gonna be a wild trip.

Bebpo I hope things get better with your issues that sounds nasty. Ulcers aren’t fun I had a pancreatic ulcer caused by a left over stone from my wild Texas trip in 15’ that was 18 months late to the party. I thought I was in the clear till it decided to pull a Alien on me and burst through my soft tissue of my rib cage. Now I have to watch out for an ulcer and a potential hernia.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 03:42:16 PM by G The Resurrected »

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4497 on: October 06, 2019, 03:44:16 PM »
Just a warning for those who have their gallbladder removed you aren’t out of the clear once you get it removed.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4498 on: October 07, 2019, 03:48:23 AM »
So for like decades I've had a weird thing in my throat where sometimes if I talk too much I suddenly feel a sharp pain like a cut in my throat and my throat closes out and I can't talk until I drink some water and sometimes it bleeds a bit. Once it happens it's sore and more likely to keep happening so I have to rest an be careful with my voice.

I was told it was a non-cancerous polyp/nodule on my vocal chords and it's no big deal.

But it's been getting worse and happening more often over the years until a week ago when I woke up spitting up a good deal of blood spits and feeling the blood dripping down into my lungs and feeling slightly congested with blood  :'(  And my throat has been sore/raw since I keep losing my voice if I talk much at all. I went to see a local throat doctor that I'd seen a year ago and they saw the nodule and told me to basically live with it unless it gets worse. Well this time I saw them they looked and the polyp/nodule was gone and they're like "you like fine to me so I have no idea where you are bleeding from or what is going on, get out of my office". He basically was like uhhhh maybe it's from your lungs or something and you should get some tests there.

Anyhow dude was an idiot, but I learned that this issue I'd had for years had been misdiagnosed as being just a side effect of the polyp on my vocal chords. Because this guy was right and showed me in the images, that the polyp was gone, but I was having worse symptoms than ever.

So I've been pretty depressed, feeling like shit this whole week, not caring about responsibilities so much and just figuring I'm kinda fucked and gonna die lol and being in bed a lot. I learned really fast how hard life is socially if you can't talk much -_- not to mention work. Oh and I wake up like every 1-2 hours because the thing tickles/discomforts in my throat and makes me want to dry cough so I spend 5-10 mins on a throat lozenger and then sleep another 1-2 hours.

But today I talked with one of my real good doctors, my GI and he agreed with me that the local doc was dumb and it's likely not anything in my lungs or something dumb but something in my mid/upper throat that's being missed so he referred me to a really good throat/voice guy and I got an appointment set up for the start of next week. Downside is the guy doesn't take any insurance and this being AMERICA it's gonna cost me a little under $1k to get diagnosed, which luckily I'm lucky enough that I can afford it, but the upside is I'm finally feeling hopeful that maybe I'll finally get this thing figured out and get some treatment for it and not die soon. So I'm less depressed now.

I've also had food poisoning since this happened a week ago and haven't been able to eat much besides juice, crackers, bananas and the lack of food has been sorta working into being more down and low energy about this. Pretty sure it was from the stress of it, so hopefully stomach will get back together.

My best guess is that I've got an ulcer/sore on the epiglottis flap that opens/closes when you breathe & talk and the ulcer when dry and moving sometimes stretches and tears which the shock of the pain causes it to slam shut cutting off my voice and stuff until I get some water. Talking and breathing through my mouth when I sleep produces hot air which dries it out and talking moves it a lot and makes it more like to tear. If that's it, then I think the ulcer's just been slowing getting bigger everytime it tears and is pretty bad now. Hopefully the guy on monday can confirm!

Your entire post had me making my most-sour of sour faces. Good grief, dude. Get well!

Bebpo

« Reply #4499 on: October 07, 2019, 09:25:36 PM »
Thanks Chrono, they aren't really sure what's up with my throat other than lots of little odd stuff and that I just have HUGE tonsils (they wrote on the photos HUGE TONSILS) that I've had my whole life and may be hiding stuff. The doctor pretty much wants me to get my tonsils out in the next 6-12 months if they can't figure out anything just to rule them out and because they're not good for my throat in general since they're huge and collect bad stuff.

But getting tonsils out at 38, with being immune-suppressed and having slow/weak healing is gonna be a fucking big deal, so will need to powow around with my doctors and figure out what to do.

I tried crutches and failed at using them. My splint and boot have helped out a bit but I’m still far from able to walk long distances. We’ve been so busy calling up Chase about our travel insurance options that we’re ready to just say fuck everything and go. We might not get to everything we wanted to do, but at least we’ll have a story. Taxis cost be damned we gonna have a great time. Oh and did I mention there is a cat 4 typhoon coming directly to the area we’re staying? Yeah this is gonna be a wild trip.

Bebpo I hope things get better with your issues that sounds nasty. Ulcers aren’t fun I had a pancreatic ulcer caused by a left over stone from my wild Texas trip in 15’ that was 18 months late to the party. I thought I was in the clear till it decided to pull a Alien on me and burst through my soft tissue of my rib cage. Now I have to watch out for an ulcer and a potential hernia.

:'(