Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 530695 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #4380 on: April 16, 2019, 01:38:19 PM »
Time to amputate, I'm afraid.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Not a medical one, but that's likely better for you.

Tasty

« Reply #4381 on: April 16, 2019, 03:13:15 PM »
The first degree burn on my penis still hasn’t healed.

Deets

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4382 on: April 16, 2019, 03:18:57 PM »
Accident making grilled cheese while nude.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #4383 on: April 16, 2019, 03:28:08 PM »
it was an unfortunate smelting accident

skullstorm

« Reply #4384 on: April 16, 2019, 04:31:51 PM »
You might want to post pics so we can better assess the situation

:jared

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4385 on: April 22, 2019, 08:28:47 PM »
My current place of work had a pretty good record of not hiring the type of nerd that can't perform basic hygiene and grooming (such an environment is rare in my field) and I came back from hiatus and there's a new guy. He has that cut cheddar cheese basement dweller body odor and sits next to me.

Time to update LinkedIn.

Got a guy in job training at our work as well, and he fucking stinks. The kind of guy, where you can sometimes see his huge belly sticking out underneath his tshirt. Learnt a few weeks ago that social services were taking away his baby, and was stunned to realize he had one.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4386 on: April 23, 2019, 02:23:44 PM »
Thought my ergo mouse finally died. It's highly possible that 2 usb ports are dead instead as the mouse works again.

Our time is in decline. :gloomy
©ZH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4387 on: April 23, 2019, 03:27:36 PM »
My back is fucked up.  It hurts to move, to sit, to lay down.  Last time this happened was 2014, which is also the last time I saw a doctor. 

TVC15

« Reply #4388 on: April 25, 2019, 03:25:10 PM »
I wish I was a baby elephant.
serge

El Babua

« Reply #4389 on: April 25, 2019, 04:52:32 PM »
Been a struggle week

Frames for glasses cracked

Dropped phone, fucked up screen

Decided to treat myself with a milkshake, then spilled it on my front seat getting out of the car  :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4390 on: April 25, 2019, 06:33:36 PM »
be honest how long did you hesitate thinking about lapping it up you fucki-

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4391 on: May 06, 2019, 04:31:05 PM »
My current place of work had a pretty good record of not hiring the type of nerd that can't perform basic hygiene and grooming (such an environment is rare in my field) and I came back from hiatus and there's a new guy. He has that cut cheddar cheese basement dweller body odor and sits next to me.

Time to update LinkedIn.

Update : they ended up moving this guy today, but I ended up interviewing for a couple jobs and now I have to awkwardly say no to continuing.

Exit plans have been cancelled for now :doge

Tell each of them you got a better offer from the other one
Let them try to outbid each other
???
Profit

:rollsafe

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4392 on: May 06, 2019, 04:37:17 PM »
Was it really impossible to just talk to him about his hygiene?
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #4393 on: May 06, 2019, 04:46:21 PM »
Been a struggle week

Frames for glasses cracked

Dropped phone, fucked up screen

Decided to treat myself with a milkshake, then spilled it on my front seat getting out of the car  :doge

I did that a couple of weeks ago, the milkshake part.  :fbm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4394 on: May 06, 2019, 05:02:40 PM »
agrajag Milkshake Ducked himself
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #4395 on: May 06, 2019, 05:05:06 PM »
heed my cautionary tale kids, don't try to be a hero and try balancing two milkshakes and a drink while getting out of the car.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4396 on: May 09, 2019, 07:13:43 AM »
Was told a liver transplant is probably needed in the near future. Just want to die tbh  :crybaby

agrajag

« Reply #4397 on: May 09, 2019, 10:11:49 AM »
 :(

BisMarckie

« Reply #4398 on: May 09, 2019, 10:21:39 AM »
There isn‘t much I can say other than:

We love you bb.  :-*

shosta

« Reply #4399 on: May 09, 2019, 12:54:04 PM »
What's your bloodtype? Do you need a whole liver or will a partial do?
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4400 on: May 09, 2019, 12:56:58 PM »
Sorry dude

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4401 on: May 09, 2019, 01:01:14 PM »
What's your bloodtype? Do you need a whole liver or will a partial do?

Getting a whole liver, he said they don't really do partial ones here unless it's kids. Luckily getting one shouldnt be that much of a problem (as I am still fairly young, I will be high on the priority list), but shitting myself at all the risks of it.

shosta

« Reply #4402 on: May 09, 2019, 02:13:25 PM »
According to a study, people who have a liver transplant have an 89% percent chance of living after one year. The five-year survival rate is 75 percent.
I imagine a lot of those deaths are from old people with bodies ravaged by lifelong alcoholism, so I think you'll be fine.
每天生气

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4403 on: May 09, 2019, 07:09:03 PM »

Time to update LinkedIn.

Update : they ended up moving this guy today, but I ended up interviewing for a couple jobs and now I have to awkwardly say no to continuing.

Exit plans have been cancelled for now :doge

Update 2: Today everyone in the area where they moved this guy started lighting candles. A project manager came in and asked us if we "lit rubber on fire and dipped it in mustard".

Nobody is going to say anything. There are plans to install fans near his desk, but others are poo pooing this plan as it may cause the smell to spread everywhere.

I am safe though :rejoice

We had a dude like this and my manager low key installed cake deodorizers under the guys desk — like I mean urinal cakes

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4404 on: May 09, 2019, 07:12:01 PM »
Work with other people brehs. :holeup

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4405 on: May 09, 2019, 07:13:19 PM »
He weighed 400+. We had a weight loss incentive program once and the guy would gain 20 lbs over a weekend. We didn’t meet the goal.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4406 on: May 09, 2019, 07:33:58 PM »
No caretaker or relative on file to mediate? :I

shosta

« Reply #4407 on: May 09, 2019, 07:49:40 PM »
A company that makes the commitment to hire people with autism is also making the commitment to work through issues that might arise as a result of that. One of you dumb-dumbs just needs to man up and pop into HR for five minutes to say that the smell is a consistent workplace distraction. It's so fucking simple.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4408 on: May 09, 2019, 08:03:20 PM »
Your office needs to stop being a collective pussy and get a HR rep to have the hygiene talk with him

He was hired as part of an a u t I s m outreach program so this entire thing is a landmine nobody wants to touch 😭
which bore poster is it  :neogaf

love ya, assy!

shosta

« Reply #4409 on: May 31, 2019, 07:48:13 PM »
any other family members that can share the burden? can you not hire a caretaker?
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #4410 on: May 31, 2019, 08:02:57 PM »
You are The Helper. You will be treated as the reserve force of everyone else's lives until you are dead. Your happiness is immaterial to them.
每天生气

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4411 on: May 31, 2019, 10:41:18 PM »
A season for everything Stro keep your head up.

daemon

« Reply #4412 on: May 31, 2019, 11:06:28 PM »
Probably ruined a five-year friendship cause we were drinking and they upset me I guess and I told them off.

And it was pretty nasty (apparently; I don't remember.) Figures this would happen the third time I've drank in as many months.

I apologized but I wouldn't accept it if I were them. And I'm frustrated because right now really isn't a good time to deal with this, but it's self inflicted so I can't even complain about it really...

Outside of this thread of course. Doubly frustrating because I legitimately thought I was past this, since a similar thing happened last year....

Might be time to kick alcohol to the curb entirely. It's clear after the last few months that 1. I don't need it, and 2. I don't have the self-control required to consume it responsibly when I do drink.

Lot to think about in the coming days.

Give it some time, apologize, be honest and you'll probably recover the friendship if it mattered to you

So I am the caretaker for both grandparents, and the old man has been in the hospital the past 2 weeks. He's coming home Monday and now I'm going to have to get up at 3 every night to give him meds. Honestly this might be my breaking point, there's no way I can continue to do what I do (which is literally everything: all the cooking, all the cleaning, all the laundry, all the yardwork, all the transportation and doctor appointments, all the groceries, all the meds, I have to measure all the food because they're diabetics and one of them is on a pump that I do, I have to deal with the bedside commode, from time to time help with old lady showers, she doesn't walk so I have to wheel her to and from the bathroom every time she has to go, I can't go to bed early because I have to take her to bed, I can't sleep in because I have to be up to make breakfast plus I now I haven't even slept past 6:15 since late March, I can't take naps because they always need me for something and it fucks with my sleep schedule which I've struggled with my entire life, on top of my chronic depression that is highly exacerbated by this living situation, now he's not going to be able to take her to the bathroom, he also now freaks the fuck out every 2-3 days while sleeping thinking he's dying because he wakes up and forgets he wears a bipap mask and freaks thinking he's smothering so he takes the mask off which is giving him his oxygen and then can't breathe more, it also happens that everytime they wake him up in the hospital at 3 am he does this as well) with waking up at 3 every morning and not being able to get back to sleep.

On top of that it's basically like living with Livia Soprano and Uncle Junior, just utterly manipulative narcissistic toxicity 24/7

:stahp this shit will never end

My aunt wants my grandma to die because she's going to get my grandparent's will when she dies. She's been legally incapacitated (nearly 3 years of trials and appeals) and despite several instances of perjury that we proved, we can't take care of my grandma because they still went with a non-profit organization to tutor her. Problem? My aunt is a manipulative bitch that turns everything upside down. Think about this, she's living in the US while we live in Barcelona and the organization that takes care (with due negligence compared to when we took care of her of course) actually listens to her instead of us. She's actually done things like breaking in her mom's house to sell a car she couldn't sell. stuff like that, for years.

So due to the gap where i had to leave work due to finishing my studies and taking care of her (and specially staying with her before the dementia got too severe), I never even get replies on my CVs, despite doing occasional freelance work. Feels really good.

I also feel quite dead on an emotional level, because she's always been my second mom. Despite having a grandfather, he never really cared a bit about my existence. And I didn't even have contact with my father's side for 25 years of my life. So yeah, the whole situation sucks. She's now bedridden and she doesn't even talk. it breaks my heart. So it's really frustrating because you're overloaded, but it's way harder when they're not there anymore... mentally or physically. Mentally i'd say is even harder.

What i forgot to mention is that I spent a year before all this exploded working, studying and staying with her on the afternoons while helping her with physical rehab to recover from a ... walking thingie (those two wheel supports) and getting back to walking normally. I was so happy to see that she was recovering, but a lot of trouble stirred by my aunt caused her to do things against her own health and I hate that it was all for nothing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:36:30 PM by daemon »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4413 on: June 05, 2019, 04:34:23 PM »
This was an exceptionally bad day and I'm kind of in melt down mode.  Kind of worried that I'll fail my next committee meeting, which probably means getting booted out.   

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4414 on: June 10, 2019, 07:42:52 PM »
Nearly broke down in tears during a meeting when asked what I had been working on.  Didn't but it was obvious I was struggling to hold it together.  Really embarrassing.  My mental state is just completely gone. 

shosta

« Reply #4415 on: June 10, 2019, 07:50:17 PM »
I know it's tough but you need to pull it together now more than ever. When things are going bad it's hard to keep focus but take some time to sit down and figure out a plan instead of watching it all collapse under you helplessly. Do you need to change your research focus? Do you think you should suspend your program and resume it at a later time (I've heard people do this, but maybe your department doesn't offer this)? Do you think you want to go into the private sector and just exit academia entirely, knowing you gave it your best shot? It's not the end of the world if you quit, but I just think you should do that on your terms because you want to, not because the committee decided you aren't up to snuff anymore.
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #4416 on: June 10, 2019, 09:59:56 PM »
Nearly broke down in tears during a meeting when asked what I had been working on.  Didn't but it was obvious I was struggling to hold it together.  Really embarrassing.  My mental state is just completely gone. 

Love you, Arvie. I hope things improve. And shost, you’re very thoughtful.

I need to gripe about some stuff, but I haven’t bottled it up until the point of meltdown just yet.
serge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4417 on: June 14, 2019, 03:32:30 PM »
Went to a funeral today for the daughter of a good friend of mine, a guy I've known my whole life [same class kindergarten through high school, same church]. She was just two years old and her passing was a huge shock, just totally came out of nowhere. A lot of people showed for the funeral since it's a close-knit community and he's got a really large extended family that all lives within just a few miles [a lot of young kids in the family, too, including another daughter who's just a couple of years older than her sister who passed away, which I know is making things really tough for them]. It was a really tough funeral, somebody that young you just don't expect it at all. It's been on my mind  a lot the past few days, but I still can't even begin to comprehend what they're going through right now, and will continue to go through for a long time.

Not asking for any sympathy for me, of course, just...you know...if you've got kids, give them an extra hug or two today, because you just never know.
dog

TVC15

« Reply #4418 on: June 15, 2019, 02:36:37 PM »
Reality sucks. I’m going to eat a bunch of Ativan and pass out for the day. I can’t take much more of this. This is just like Seattle.

Pray for TVC.
serge

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4419 on: July 11, 2019, 08:21:27 PM »
Went in for an ercp to get my drain/stent replaced. Wasn't that bad last time.

Felt nice and high getting back home. Now feels like I've been run over by a fucking truck, and I can barely do anything. I wasn't prepared for this  :stahp

shosta

« Reply #4420 on: July 17, 2019, 09:23:44 PM »
My idiot father finally gave himself a heart attack. I'm going to beat his ass when he gets back from the hospital.
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #4421 on: July 17, 2019, 10:13:47 PM »
Sorry, breh.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4422 on: July 17, 2019, 11:47:14 PM »
Sorry shost, sending love ❤️

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4423 on: July 18, 2019, 05:22:52 AM »
Sorry, hope he's OK. 

El Babua

« Reply #4424 on: July 19, 2019, 12:08:52 PM »
So sorry. Hoping for a full recovery.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4425 on: July 19, 2019, 06:17:32 PM »
Maybe take it easy on the guy when just has stents places

And too be honest genetics is probably the most important aspect of the heart. So watch yourself
dur

shosta

« Reply #4426 on: July 19, 2019, 06:32:50 PM »
Thanks everyone. Huff, they couldn't get the stent in yesterday, so he's scheduled for open heart on Monday. As for genetics, I've got many, many heart attacks straight down the paternal line, so I've been committed to an active lifestyle to try to cheat death.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #4427 on: July 20, 2019, 05:47:42 PM »
Now he's talking about escaping from the hospital because they're poisoning his food :larry have a crazy father, brehs
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #4428 on: July 20, 2019, 05:56:06 PM »
I dragged him to the polls last year half an hour before they closed :trumps Nevada needs this old social fascist's vote one last time.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #4429 on: July 20, 2019, 06:15:10 PM »
What ARE shotsta sr.'s views on the CPP's struggles for national liberation tho?
He's a "Reagan Democrat", veteran, his grandfather was a coal miner... he bought into the anti-Hillary stuff in 2016 and liked to tell me about this or that criminal illegal that should have been deported but when I was growing up he was a huge Chavista ("BUSH GAVE HIM CANCER!"), made me watch Che Guevara documentaries, and taught me how to sing Guantanamera even though he doesn't know spanish :doge

more related to your question, he has been known to support the Moro National Liberation Front  :doge :doge
and hillary vs bernie?
After the establishment usurped the Bernie mass line by purging voter rolls in Brooklyn and coronating Hillary before California had even voted, he voted for Jill Stein like a good socialist.

He's the WHITE one, by the way
每天生气

Kara

« Reply #4430 on: July 20, 2019, 07:29:14 PM »
Oh my.

shosta

« Reply #4431 on: July 20, 2019, 07:34:29 PM »
In conclusion, he is a land of contrasts.
每天生气

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4432 on: July 21, 2019, 03:26:37 AM »
Thanks everyone. Huff, they couldn't get the stent in yesterday, so he's scheduled for open heart on Monday. As for genetics, I've got many, many heart attacks straight down the paternal line, so I've been committed to an active lifestyle to try to cheat death.

Alcoholism is my favorite active lifestyle choice.
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4433 on: July 21, 2019, 03:31:01 AM »
stost sr :lawd

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4434 on: July 21, 2019, 03:35:36 AM »
What if there was a Bire Sr. where only our dads post on :thinking
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #4435 on: July 21, 2019, 08:11:21 AM »

Alcoholism is my favorite active lifestyle choice.

Silence, trashperson

shosta

« Reply #4436 on: July 23, 2019, 02:52:00 PM »
Triple bypass was a success. We'll see what Shosta Sr. does with his new heart.
每天生气

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4437 on: July 23, 2019, 06:42:49 PM »
Good to hear m8. My dad went through a quad bypass and recovery sure took its sweet time, but he did fully recover in the end.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4438 on: July 29, 2019, 06:59:12 PM »
Found out our kitty has a cancerous tumor and really bummed out. She had one a few years ago before we got her and there wasn't much issue getting it removed but now that this is the second one they want to be more careful, especially since it's right on the side of her face. They are doing an xray tomorrow on her chest to see if it has spread to other organs and I'm hoping the answer is no.

Also kinda bad to think like this but damn it came at a bad time bill-wise. $180 for a vet visit, $65 to get the tumor tested, $180 for the xray tomorrow, and $500-1000 for the surgery (which has a low chance of taking her ear with it). If she ends up needing chemo it's gonna jump real high real fast so fingers crossed for tomorrow for multiple reasons.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4439 on: July 29, 2019, 07:00:23 PM »
Sorry dude