Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 530580 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: Super Struggle Thread II: Turbo
« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2015, 05:13:56 PM »
Breh one day I will escape the intellectual seventh level of hell commonly known as the U.S. and we're going to road trip Europe on single gear bikes. :bolo

Can I come? Will there be good dope? decent booze?

Sure. If you want. I only drink the finest.

studyguy

« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2015, 05:41:59 PM »
So my parent's dog died last year and my mom was real tore up about it.

Thought about getting them a new puppy late this year. A nice one.
Turns out my aunt gave my mom a dog last week.

One they found up north on the streets, a stray
No idea of how old this shit is, looks anywhere between 1 and 5
No idea of whether or not it has shots or not, rabies, etc
This shit looks like a dirty ass mop you threw into a garbage then forgot for a year

It has a fucking tattoo under it's belly. This dog is fucking tatted up

Like that shit is awful as a pet owner, but all the same I'm like how the fuck did they think this was an okay thing to give my parents?
Then it turned out my mom is okay with it and likes the dog. Which means, like their last dog, it's my fucking responsibility to make sure that shit doesn't die of some shitty dog disease. So now I gotta drive to their pad, pick this fucking dog up and take it to the vet this week.

Who the fuck gives a dog a tattoo.
For real.
pause

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2015, 06:12:45 PM »
Given myself anxiety and tachycardia due to drinking way too much caffeine. Now can't focus on my study material
dur

Beezy

« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2015, 06:54:05 PM »
It has a fucking tattoo under it's belly. This dog is fucking tatted up
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

For real.
:neogaf

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
It's a long story. It's in storage, and the mechanic who "fixed" it has decided it should be his. This isn't something that I'm going to fight over. I've spoken with him, he knew my grandmother very well but the dude is a dick. There are other reasons I'm not pressing the situation, which I won't go into.

Personally I'm not concerned about the guy trying to sell the house simply because starting the selling process is just going to make the city seize it faster than they normally would. That guy isn't going to win, he has no paperwork, etc.

This is confusing.  You don't want to press charges against a guy who essentially stole the car your grandmother left you?

Did your cousin's ex get charged for arson?

Arson? In Detroit? Of course not.

I won't go into all the details about the mechanic but the dude is old and isn't really a mechanic; I doubt the car works, even after all these years. The bigger problem is that to get this resolved I'd have to get the police involved, and he isn't the type of guy I'd do that with. If you know what I mean.

TLDR: Detroit brehs. There are some great, amazing parts of it. But I'm talking about Baghdad Detroit.

Tasty

« Reply #185 on: June 02, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »
But I'm talking about Baghdad Detroit.

...so basically, Detroit?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »
Just found a paper from 2013 that does what I wanted to do for my Ph.D.  :( 

studyguy

« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2015, 12:05:17 AM »
That dog had a microchip in it

:heh
pause

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2015, 01:10:48 AM »
What kind of tattoo does it have? I've seen shelters that will tattoo a small line or X on a pet to show that it's been fixed.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2015, 01:40:46 AM »
Like that shit is awful as a pet owner, but all the same I'm like how the fuck did they think this was an okay thing to give my parents?
Then it turned out my mom is okay with it and likes the dog. Which means, like their last dog, it's my fucking responsibility to make sure that shit doesn't die of some shitty dog disease. So now I gotta drive to their pad, pick this fucking dog up and take it to the vet this week.

For real.

Had to take care of not-even-my-dog too for my mother, including some of the shittiest things that entails, so I see where you are coming from with this.

I wish I could have my dog, but the situation is not yet ideal for this  :-\ .
ὕβρις

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2015, 03:26:26 AM »
I'm in a flabby stage of life so sex is somewhat strenuous. After a mutual climax, I lay naked refusing to move waiting for all the sweat to evaporate

Eventually I drift into a tranquil nap as my GF gets ready. I'm awakened by her pleas to get dressed, but I'm in a daze when I hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

I shut the bedroom door and fumble with my pants.

"Open the door," her stepdad exclaims.

"I'm getting dressed!" she replies.

After threatening to open it a few more times he fucks off into his own room and slams the door. We go to leave but realize his pickup is blocking my car in the driveway.

He comes downstairs so I say "what's up" to no reply. He slams another door on the way out, moves his truck, gets on his harley and takes off.

Get a text later saying he wants to make it very clear that I'm not allowed in the house when he's not there.

This nicca been trying to get to me to go to the gun range too.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
GF is 24 years old :mindblown  :dayum :snoop

Getting an apartment with another couple, should be moved out by next month  :pacspit
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2015, 08:39:08 AM »
For real.

My dog has a tattoo.  It's a little green streak on her underside.  They do that to show that the dog has been fixed.  Is that what you mean?

I won't go into all the details about the mechanic but the dude is old and isn't really a mechanic; I doubt the car works, even after all these years. The bigger problem is that to get this resolved I'd have to get the police involved, and he isn't the type of guy I'd do that with. If you know what I mean.

No, not really.  I'd get the cops involved or at least tell the guy I'm gonna call the cops or he can pay me something for it.
ど助平

studyguy

« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2015, 10:52:38 AM »
Nah that dog has a butterfly on its underbelly

ALSO WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND SOMEONE SMASHED MY PASSENGER SIDE MIRROR
 :maf

Fuck this week brehs

Oh I should add on I hit up the database for lost pets and they got a hit on that dog.
Gave my info so hopefully I can throw this piece of shit back to its owners.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:12:52 AM by studyguy »
pause

Beezy

« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2015, 11:04:11 AM »

No, not really.  I'd get the cops involved or at least tell the guy I'm gonna call the cops or he can pay me something for it.

You know nothing bork laser...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2015, 11:24:55 AM »

You're gonna have to elaborate.  LOL if you mean "don't get the cops involved."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:29:50 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2015, 11:30:07 AM »
He's scared there's going to be blood.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2015, 11:34:23 AM »
Oh, that kind of guy.   :lol
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2015, 12:01:35 PM »
police don't even give a fuck about most murders in major cities; why would they care about a dispute over an old car? gtfo
pcp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2015, 12:18:03 PM »
Menstrual blood from PD's gaping pussy.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »

You're gonna have to elaborate.  LOL if you mean "don't get the cops involved."

He's the nice old guy in the neighborhood who owns a variety of businesses that aren't really businesses, gives people jobs that aren't really jobs, and if you owe him anything he collects it right on time.

:beli

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2015, 01:00:39 PM »
Yeah, I didn't get what you meant at first.  Hence:

Oh, that kind of guy.   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2015, 01:01:19 PM »
police don't even give a fuck about most murders in major cities; why would they care about a dispute over an old car? gtfo

All he has to do is say his grandmama gave him that car and their hearts will grow three sizes!
ど助平

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2015, 01:58:27 PM »
I'm in a flabby stage of life so sex is somewhat strenuous. After a mutual climax, I lay naked refusing to move waiting for all the sweat to evaporate(Image removed from quote.)

Eventually I drift into a tranquil nap as my GF gets ready. I'm awakened by her pleas to get dressed, but I'm in a daze when I hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

I shut the bedroom door and fumble with my pants.

"Open the door," her stepdad exclaims.

"I'm getting dressed!" she replies.

After threatening to open it a few more times he fucks off into his own room and slams the door. We go to leave but realize his pickup is blocking my car in the driveway.

He comes downstairs so I say "what's up" to no reply. He slams another door on the way out, moves his truck, gets on his harley and takes off.

Get a text later saying he wants to make it very clear that I'm not allowed in the house when he's not there.

This nicca been trying to get to me to go to the gun range too.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
GF is 24 years old :mindblown  :dayum :snoop

Getting an apartment with another couple, should be moved out by next month  :pacspit
[close]
no lie I'd probably feel some type of way if my daughter was getting dicked down in my house too.

BTW what are the races involved? You black, she's a pawg? Watch your ass breh.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »
True, but they aren't close and he's really just the dude her mom remarried. She doesn't view him as a father figure.

If I was black I'd already be dead. Stepdad is a tea partier. She's a petite blond with a huge ass so good guess. All parties involved are cac as fuck and that's probably why he liked me up until now.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »
I totally missed that he's her stepdad. Over-protective father would have been bad enough, but the stepdad acting like that is giving me major creep vibes.

Tasty

« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2015, 11:18:25 PM »
Got tested yesterday and I'm nervous. I've been mostly safe but there's been... incidents. I'll get the results in a week and I'm freaking the fuck out even though statistically I should be ok. I was young and stupid and no, it won't happen again.

Also I got vaccinated on the same day and my arm hurts like a motherfucker.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2015, 03:19:48 AM »
Can't vaccination for the HIV, breh.  :'(
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2015, 04:35:38 AM »
Menstrual blood from PD's gaping pussy.

God damn, that's funny, coming from a Canadian academic. You've got to be the least likely Borito to become confrontationally physically violent.

(Please don't lock me in your basement, though.)

Tasty

« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2015, 09:21:14 AM »
Can't vaccination for the HIV, breh.  :'(

Nah it was different stuff, the normal shot you're supposed to get every 10 years or whatever.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2015, 10:24:36 AM »
Stay safe Andrex. 10-60 minutes of pleasure isn't worth a lifetime of sickness.

Tasty

« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2015, 11:24:16 AM »
Well, obviously.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
What kind of pleasure? The ultimate pleasure? (I mean hypothetically not metaphorically.) :dayum

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
I totally missed that he's her stepdad. Over-protective father would have been bad enough, but the stepdad acting like that is giving me major creep vibes.

Yeah, creepy describes him well. Regardless, we both need to move out because living at home is a huge L.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2015, 02:33:37 AM »
I hate my boss, she's just the most scary and confusing person I've ever worked with. Last week a coworker was obviously slacking off and probably assumed that I was going to tattle when I said that the way she times her workload obviously leaves me with finishing it up and doing more work which is a bad thing to do when we're risking falling behind our deadlines. I never tattle on lazies, I just tell them straight up and that has worked out well until now as that coworker is trying to spin it to my boss that I'm complaining about having to do the work. This has meant a lot of embarrassing conversations where I had to bluntly mention that I do more work and have exceeded my coworkers knowledge of the job in a fraction of the time (she is a SLOW learner).

On one hand, I have everyone outside my department from directors to techs saying I'm the replacement they always wanted for my lazy coworker. And on the other l, have my supervisor screaming at me to go work somewhere else if I don't like it here. It's a whole week of me :mindblown

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2015, 09:09:33 PM »
capitalism :foxx

this better not fuck up my access to Cadbury eggs
pcp

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2015, 03:29:41 PM »
Always suspected my dad has Asperger's making him unfit for parenthood. Found out that all my mom's friends refer to him as Asperger King

Think that makes me the Asperger Prince

Kara

« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
:bow your majesty :bow2

Vive le dauphin!

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2015, 04:01:33 PM »

Huzzah!
:expert

Kara

« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2015, 12:41:38 PM »
I think my new medication is working.

And without any noticeable side effects either.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2015, 12:56:19 PM »
Remember a while back I posted about how I was put in charge of a doomed project that despite being underwater and sideways it has also managed to somehow set itself on fire? After weeks to being called a "bad news bear" (I wish I was joking) executive leadership is like  :ohhh "It...it looks like this is underwater and sideways, and might possibly be on fire."

:snoop
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2015, 06:43:50 PM »
I think my new medication is working.

And without any noticeable side effects either.

TRIUMPH thread is :thataway

Kara

« Reply #221 on: June 18, 2015, 07:00:47 PM »
It's funnier if I post it here though.

And in certain respects it is a struggle. Before I could make myself utterly morose--a useful at will skill for someone easily bored--by thinking through a negative feedback loop. Now I think through the loop and nothing happens so I'm bored and reminded of shitty things.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »
Me and the (ex)GF's apartment is up for sale now, I'm moving out July 3:rd seems so :'(

http://objekt.fastighetsbyran.se/Objekt/?source=Hemnet&ObjektId=1381961&images=1
地平線

T-Short

• hooker strangler
Super Struggle Thread II: Turbo
« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2015, 07:02:09 PM »
dp
地平線

Kara

« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2015, 07:05:37 PM »
DP

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2015, 07:10:29 PM »

DP

Would be a bit of a struggle I guess, yeah
地平線

Kara

« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »
Those were nice digs, H. :'(

I'd feel bad for you but I can't because of modern medicine. :goty2

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
What are you dealing with exactly? MDD?

After a year of seeing this therapist we both agreed I'm bipolar :gloomy
:scust @ these medications with their awful side effects.

Keep your head up.

Kara

« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »
I have (had?) a treatment-resistant major depressive episode. I'm taking 5 different pills every day and shooting up an additional treatment once a week. (Respect to the intravenous drug users across the world.)

Since this is the second episode I've suffered as an adult (I had one in university), it's likely that I have MDD, but I haven't been formally diagnosed as such.

Bipolar is rough, one of my parents has it. If you're willing to be a Soviet Space Dog you can find treatment with minimal side effects. :)

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2015, 08:58:43 PM »
You ever try a stimulant for treatment resistant depression?

That has helped me the most, but with that there's eventual tolerance and the comedown isn't great. I think it's a good adjunct medication and it offsets some of the fatigue from taking other meds.

It does suck. Been hospitalized 3 times at least in the past 4 years.

Not feeling hopeless though, I've been on different med combinations in the past that have helped a lot.

Kara

« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2015, 09:45:14 PM »
I stim a lot because of my line of work. (Too much in all likelihood.) My doctor actually asked me to try and just have one serving a day if possible and monitor my sugar intake.

If I was energy sapped from a depressive cycle on the weekend or something I found stimulants to be helpful.

Glad you're keeping your head up.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »
Mental health drugs suck. Feel bad for people on them. And it's crazy how little we know about treating
dur

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2015, 11:15:42 PM »
The nude raygun mod for New Vegas crashes my game  :(

Kara

« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2015, 11:20:16 PM »
Mental health drugs suck. Feel bad for people on them. And it's crazy how little we know about treating

Until there's a way to diagnose patients without the patient's cooperation / input it will never be a very well understood field of medicine.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2015, 02:40:36 AM »
A good friend of my is leaving tomorrow and I'm pretty fucking depressed.  I don't make friends easily and its going to suck without him.   

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2015, 03:12:23 AM »
ate too much meat today, feel gross  :-\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2015, 03:20:09 AM »
Friend came over and brought these fucking candles that smell horrible. She lit them in the front room and my room. Hours later the smell is still thick.
:snoop

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2015, 03:53:48 AM »
Saw a real cutie today, in some real nice yoga pants too.
:whew

But she was with a group and I was with some cousins.
Plus, of course, being from a conservative Asian family background...

Whole lot of nothing could of happened and neither could I make things happen. That is what I thought about then.
:fbm

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2015, 04:26:37 AM »

Name quote

Kara

« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2015, 12:18:18 PM »
don't listen 2 them, OnlyRegret

u could build a castle out of all the bricks they thru @ u

heartbreak is the national anthem, sing it proudly :preach