Author Topic: Shenmue III OT - I CAN believe that it's bad!  (Read 153278 times)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Re: Shenmue III OT - I CAN believe that it's bad!
« Reply #1200 on: November 28, 2019, 02:11:54 AM »
Man it's more than kind of a bummer that this turned out to be hot garbage.
Hi

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1201 on: November 28, 2019, 05:40:09 AM »
Cindi how far am I in this piece of shit game

I just got the 6 tokens, how much longer until

1. I get out of this hick village and into the city
2. The game is fucking over

Keeping in mind that I fucking cheated and have infinite moneys so anything that's gated by money isn't an issue

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1202 on: November 28, 2019, 08:30:53 AM »

How so?
Wasn't meant to be an accusation, just that in a couple of previous comments it seemed like you were enjoying the vibes of the game more.

My copy came in finally, btw.
Ironically i spent the free time i had playing Control, so i'll get to it when i can.

Himu

« Reply #1203 on: November 28, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
The problem is that the game has a little good (talking with Shenhua at night) surrounded by shit.

Shonuff I don't know. I talked with pals about it and Niaowu is halfway through the game. I haven't played in days. The game depresses me too much. I'll probably be back at it soon because as bad as the game is I have to see this through even if I'd rather play dark souls

Once you have the six tokens you go to the tower and see some pointless drek then go to the next city.

The story revelation? Oh, the mirrors were made for hiding Royal treasure. BUT WE ALREADY KNOE THIS.

RYO EVEN MENTIONS IT TO SHENHUA DURING A CONVERSATION AT NIGHT.

And yet the main "revelation" is exactly that.

Before you complete the guilin part I suggest watching this cutscene from II to EMPHASIZE how utterly pointless the point of the Bailu section of the game is. It literally provided NO NEW INFORMATION AND PRETNDS SHENMUE II DID NOT EXIST.

Facts:

1. We already know that Sunming Zhao is Lan Di's father.
2. We already know that the mirrors contain a treasure map. This is why Ryo went to Guilin to begin with.
3. These two Revelations are the only things revealed in the entirety of the Bailu section relevant to plot.

What was the big deal about the damn bridge? Who cares about a BRIDGE? ASK ABOUT THE DRAGON AND PHOENIX ON THE FLAGS THEY WAVED.

Most pointless game sequel ever.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 11:43:21 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1204 on: November 28, 2019, 12:32:19 PM »
Can someone check in on the Youtuber that freaked out at E3? What's his name? Boseman? He might need to be on suicide watch with how Cindy-sama is reacting.

This dude:
(Image removed from quote.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 12:40:19 PM by thisismyusername »

thisismyusername

Re: The REAL Shenmue III thread
« Reply #1205 on: November 28, 2019, 12:37:03 PM »
Nothing gives me life more than looking back at how foolish Himu was.

I also miss Shaka.  :'(

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1206 on: November 28, 2019, 01:06:51 PM »
Can someone check in on the Youtuber that freaked out at E3? What's his name? Boseman? He might need to be on suicide watch with how Cindy-sama is reacting.

This dude:
(Image removed from quote.)
100% Huber will love it.
He even said he doesn't want to review it because of that.
Besides, he calls every other game a 10 out of 10.

Chooky

« Reply #1207 on: November 28, 2019, 01:30:33 PM »
"a ton of filler bullshit" as a complaint seems weird because that's like 90% of shenmue anyways? i still want to see this game for myself real bad but i think i'll wait because i'm sure it won't hold a high price for long.

Himu

« Reply #1208 on: November 28, 2019, 01:45:31 PM »
"a ton of filler bullshit" as a complaint seems weird because that's like 90% of shenmue anyways?

Not in Shenmue II it isn't.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1209 on: November 28, 2019, 02:00:58 PM »
Yeah, Shenmue I was a groundbreaking life sim, II was a kickass adventure game that paved the way for stuff like Yakuza/RGG. III should've taken some cues from Yakuza/RGG since there's been a lot of innovation in the genre since Shenmue II.

Himu

« Reply #1210 on: November 28, 2019, 02:07:12 PM »
Yeah, Shenmue I was a groundbreaking life sim, II was a kickass adventure game that paved the way for stuff like Yakuza/RGG. III should've taken some cues from Yakuza/RGG since there's been a lot of innovation in the genre since Shenmue II.

Yu proudly flaunts that he doesn't play games.

You can tell that by playing Shenmue III.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #1211 on: November 28, 2019, 04:28:15 PM »
Well, y'all officially deterred me from wanting to play this now...  :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #1212 on: November 28, 2019, 04:40:25 PM »

:goty2 No wonder his games aren't that fun to play. :goty2

Himu

« Reply #1213 on: November 28, 2019, 05:56:12 PM »

:goty2 No wonder his games aren't that fun to play. :goty2

Silly statement to make. It's clear he means in the past decade. Calling virtua fighter and other classics not fun is bad enough to revoke your gamer card
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #1214 on: November 28, 2019, 06:03:07 PM »
Outrun and Daytona are the only memorable Yu titles. :goty2

I mean, I guess Rent-A-Hero, as well... maybe. But everything else is forgettable or just plain bad/not that fun to play (Space Harrier)

Bebpo

« Reply #1215 on: November 28, 2019, 07:48:06 PM »
VF4 Evo/VF5 still the best fighting game ever.

Though I’m not sure how much he still had to do with the series. VF2 was incredibly good and genre defining.

Svejk

« Reply #1216 on: November 28, 2019, 08:10:33 PM »
Fighters Megamix  :lawd

Chooky

« Reply #1217 on: November 28, 2019, 08:24:01 PM »
shenmue 2 is amazing but it still has plenty of grinding for cash and doing chores and whatnot. they succeeded in making a lot of it fun, but there was still a fair amount of padding.

Himu

« Reply #1218 on: November 28, 2019, 08:59:55 PM »
shenmue 2 is amazing but it still has plenty of grinding for cash and doing chores and whatnot. they succeeded in making a lot of it fun, but there was still a fair amount of padding.

Chores that are still tied to the story. The padding we are talking about in II and III are very different. In III everything is a grind. II has some padding but III is all padding. It takes multiple days to unlock the full area of Bailu for instance.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1219 on: November 29, 2019, 05:18:48 AM »
VF4 Evo/VF5 still the best fighting game ever.

Though I’m not sure how much he still had to do with the series. VF2 was incredibly good and genre defining.
I'm not a fighting game guy, but VF4 and 5 were so fun, only the first Soul Calibur, i enjoyed more.

Bebpo

« Reply #1220 on: November 29, 2019, 05:31:05 AM »
I was thinking today how bullshit it is that like every major 90s/00s fighter is still alive except VF. Tekken, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, Mortal Kombat. Pretty sad that VF is the only one that just died off since it was amazing. Sega really screwed up there.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1221 on: November 29, 2019, 09:16:41 AM »
 God the city in this game fucking sucks, it's like a billion shops all lined up

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1222 on: November 29, 2019, 10:26:19 AM »
Some of the face models in this are nightmarish, mainly the men, what the fuck. Every story beat dude I’ve encountered looks like they’ve got giant facial tumours so far.
(ice)

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1223 on: November 29, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »
WHY CAN'T I FUCKING EVER COMPLETE A SINGLE GODDAMN QTE THE FIRST TIME AROUND, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TIMING WINDOWS ON THIS SHIT

Himu

« Reply #1224 on: November 29, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »
WHY CAN'T I FUCKING EVER COMPLETE A SINGLE GODDAMN QTE THE FIRST TIME AROUND, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TIMING WINDOWS ON THIS SHIT

You did the qte where the fortune teller was harassed by the dude didn't you?

Truly terrible :lol
IYKYK

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1225 on: November 29, 2019, 10:57:44 AM »
That was the one

I also found the SAVE SHENMUE building, what in the god damn actual fuck, they should have called that place THE HALL OF REGRET instead

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1226 on: November 29, 2019, 09:29:56 PM »
If you could compare Shenmue 3 to another major franchise disappointment, what would it be? Is it Star Wars prequel bad? Is there something even worse? TLJ?
serge

Svejk

« Reply #1227 on: November 29, 2019, 11:12:58 PM »
Like.. the 3rd Matrix bad, or more like RoboCop 3 bad?

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1228 on: November 30, 2019, 12:10:21 AM »
If you could compare Shenmue 3 to another major franchise disappointment, what would it be? Is it Star Wars prequel bad? Is there something even worse? TLJ?

Rocky V.
OH!

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1229 on: November 30, 2019, 12:29:58 AM »
Imagine a new chapter in Star Wars made by someone who had 1/8th the budget and hadn't seen any new movies since 1977.

And imagine there being constant, distracting, completely out-of-place cameos in the background from the people who donated money to get it made.

I'm fucking done with this piece of shit game for now. I'm stuck trying to get a VIP pass for some club. I know who I have to get it from but I can't trigger the sequence of events required to get them to show up somewhere. Fuck this game, I'm going to go play some Budget Cuts in the Vive my buddy gave me and then play Diablo 3 for the first time.

Himu

« Reply #1230 on: November 30, 2019, 01:28:12 AM »

Imagine if Star Wars fans had to wait almost twenty years for TLJ and you have Shenmue III: a plodding mess with the occasional good idea.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1231 on: November 30, 2019, 06:05:15 AM »
Imagine a new chapter in Star Wars made by someone who had 1/8th the budget and hadn't seen any new movies since 1977.

And imagine there being constant, distracting, completely out-of-place cameos in the background from the people who donated money to get it made.

I'm fucking done with this piece of shit game for now. I'm stuck trying to get a VIP pass for some club. I know who I have to get it from but I can't trigger the sequence of events required to get them to show up somewhere. Fuck this game, I'm going to go play some Budget Cuts in the Vive my buddy gave me and then play Diablo 3 for the first time.
This is one thing i was worried about. I hate this shit in KS games. :yuck

Svejk

« Reply #1232 on: November 30, 2019, 10:45:35 AM »
I hate that shit too. I didn't realize how much of a thing that is.  I will never support a game on KS again if this becomes practically mandatory.   :nope

Bebpo

« Reply #1233 on: November 30, 2019, 11:22:16 AM »

This is one thing i was worried about. I hate this shit in KS games. :yuck

I thought it was handled ok in Bloodstained with the flying paintings. Didn't bother me.

Himu

« Reply #1234 on: November 30, 2019, 11:54:56 AM »
lmao wrong thread
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 12:03:51 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1235 on: November 30, 2019, 10:22:51 PM »
The worst part is when s character is like 'Hey you seriously should go into the next room, there's something important in there" and it turns out to be filled with kickstarter bonus garbage

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1236 on: December 02, 2019, 04:19:23 PM »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1237 on: December 02, 2019, 04:36:35 PM »
That video was as much of a waste of time as playing Shenmue III. A recap of 20 year old facts everyone knew about.

Fuck Shenmue and Yu Suzuki but we didn't need to know Shenmue life story, Jim.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1238 on: December 02, 2019, 04:43:01 PM »
must have been a high upvote thread about shenmue on r/games so he had to make a video to steal the comments from it :doge

Tasty

« Reply #1239 on: December 02, 2019, 05:08:48 PM »
Most of his viewers weren't born when Shenmoo 1 and 2 came out Cindy, long recaps pad length ($$$) and satisfy the smooth playdoh brained viewers.

Himu

« Reply #1240 on: December 02, 2019, 10:06:44 PM »
Wack.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1241 on: December 02, 2019, 10:39:02 PM »
Guys when I beat Shenmue III I don't ever want Shenmue mentioned in my presence again. They are no longer my favorite games. Mario Odyssey is now. It's a me, nicca!!!
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1242 on: December 03, 2019, 01:18:16 AM »
 :D

Coax

« Reply #1243 on: December 03, 2019, 02:05:23 AM »
Most of his viewers weren't born when Shenmoo 1 and 2 came out Cindy, long recaps pad length ($$$) and satisfy the smooth playdoh brained viewers.

To my knowledge The Jimquisition series aren't monetized (also checked on mobile without an adblocker and didn't see any). Read a while back that his other videos are though?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1244 on: December 03, 2019, 07:04:49 AM »
Guys when I beat Shenmue III I don't ever want Shenmue mentioned in my presence again. They are no longer my favorite games. Mario Odyssey is now. It's a me, nicca!!!
I don't get it.
Shenmue 3 could literally give me a kidney stone, and Shenmue 1 would still be one of the best games i've played.  ::)
Otherwise i'd have to hate Silent Hill 1 through 4 with a passion, given the fact that i've even seen that one second movie they made. :yuck

Tasty

« Reply #1245 on: December 03, 2019, 08:47:51 AM »

To my knowledge The Jimquisition series aren't monetized (also checked on mobile without an adblocker and didn't see any). Read a while back that his other videos are though?

Damn called out  :duh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1246 on: December 03, 2019, 08:59:49 AM »

Not sure if any of his stuff gets monetized anymore- I know he used to talk about not caring and just using other means like Patreon for money.

Edit: Seems like he's doing pretty well- 6,900 patrons with $12,759 a month.

A couple of years ago he posted about how he came up with a "copyright deadlock" system to stop his videos from being flagged and taken down.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:20:03 AM by pork »
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1247 on: December 03, 2019, 09:16:15 AM »
Otherwise i'd have to hate Silent Hill 1 through 4 with a passion, given the fact that i've even seen that one second movie they made. :yuck

Good guy pyramid head operating the merry-go-round for the kids was great. The pop tart jumpscare. Jon Snow's acting ability.

Great halloween movie.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Coax

« Reply #1249 on: December 03, 2019, 06:21:39 PM »
Damn called out  :duh

It's not a big deal :P What's interesting is seeing ongoing user-funded models becoming so much more mainstream in the last few years, where like 8-10 years ago despite ad-supported models being critiqued and alternative models being suggested it obviously didn't seem as viable.

nachobro

• Live Más

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1251 on: December 05, 2019, 10:15:05 AM »
I'm back on this fucking piece of shit game

I just met the leader of the Red Snakes and then I beat the fuck out of him by spamming GROUND KICK and he never touched me

Then he punched me in the face during a cutscene and I went back to Shenhua all like "UUNNGHHHH THE RED SNAKES ARE SO STRONNNNNNNNNG"

Fuck this piece of shit game

Tasty

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1253 on: December 05, 2019, 10:53:20 AM »
I found Ren from Shenmue 2 and I was like "Bro help I got beaten up in a cutscene after kicking this dude's ass" and Ren is like "OK RYO even though we were buddies in the last game and i was a dick to you when I was introduced to you 20 minutes ago, let's go whoop some ass"

So we went back to the same place and beat the shit out of everyone

Then once that was done we both got the shit kicked out of us by the same guy in another cutscene

Now Ryo and Ren are sitting on the dock going "WE NEED TO LEARN KUNG FU, WHERE ARE THERE MARTIAL ARTS MASTERS?"

What a great fun video game

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1254 on: December 05, 2019, 11:13:24 AM »
I found Ren from Shenmue 2 and I was like "Bro help I got beaten up in a cutscene after kicking this dude's ass" and Ren is like "OK RYO even though we were buddies in the last game and i was a dick to you when I was introduced to you 20 minutes ago, let's go whoop some ass"

So we went back to the same place and beat the shit out of everyone

Then once that was done we both got the shit kicked out of us by the same guy in another cutscene

Now Ryo and Ren are sitting on the dock going "WE NEED TO LEARN KUNG FU, WHERE ARE THERE MARTIAL ARTS MASTERS?"

What a great fun video game

Such ludonarrative harmony, just what you'd expect from the master.
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #1255 on: December 05, 2019, 11:22:20 AM »
I'm thinking now I'm gonna wait on S3 until whether S4 will happen or not....  Because if it's a no go, I'd rather just stick with my memories of S1 & 2.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:36:18 AM by Svejk »

Himu

« Reply #1256 on: December 05, 2019, 12:57:22 PM »
Just replay Shenmue II. III is a worse version of it anyhow. In fact, the ending in II is enough. That's our Shenmue ending. Leave it open ended.

Also I haven't met Ren yet and from what I've heard, he isn't even surprised to see Ren. Ren and Ryo make the best duo ever but I'm worried even that will suck.
IYKYK

Sho Nuff

« Reply #1257 on: December 06, 2019, 12:14:39 AM »
When you meet Ren he's like "oh whatever, hey Ryo, I totally forgot about the super fuckin awesome adventure we just had, fuck off"

This game isn't Shenmue

Himu

« Reply #1258 on: December 06, 2019, 12:30:23 AM »
When you meet Ren he's like "oh whatever, hey Ryo, I totally forgot about the super fuckin awesome adventure we just had, fuck off"

This game isn't Shenmue

The game pretends Shenmue II doesn't exist. It's fucking terrible. Yu Suzuki really tried to make a sequel to II for over a decade only to pretend it doesn't exist. Why does Shenmue III even exist? It's the most pointless sequel ever.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1259 on: December 06, 2019, 10:49:47 AM »
More like ShenBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!