Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 310950 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1920 on: August 27, 2019, 12:47:22 PM »
It should not be so easy to block a jump point permanently with mines. The mines will be expensive and have to be maintained (the components age with time; just like the ships). This will prevent large minefields and a permanent blockade of important locations.

O M E G A L U L

:hmm

i saw that episode of ds9, it doesn't end well

nudemacusers

« Reply #1921 on: August 27, 2019, 08:29:40 PM »
Can’t wait for goonswarm to minefuck a jump point and ruin a $10000 fleet of ships.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1922 on: August 27, 2019, 10:05:46 PM »
 :dead at having a half hour Q&A segment about two things that don't yet exist

bluemax

« Reply #1923 on: August 28, 2019, 03:37:33 AM »

I'm guessing that notes were taken because the design probably didn't exist beyond "it lays mines".

What a farce.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1924 on: August 28, 2019, 03:54:51 AM »

I'm guessing that notes were taken because the design probably didn't exist beyond "it lays mines".

What a farce.

Well actually each mine will have individual components and depending on which manufacturer they came from they will have different tolerance control and failure rate also they will drift sometimes and have a speaker integrated so you can order things through Space Amazon, dogs (after space pet 3.8 integration) will be good to sniff them and, and...
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1925 on: August 28, 2019, 04:44:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yesterday-star-citizen-held-a-275-dinner-available-only-to-users-who-had-spent-1000-where-they-announced-a-new-675-ship.137162/page-19#post-23988726

I was at the dinner actually, what was truly sad was just how much CR was trying to push things on us. Not the ship sales, but these supplements he was taking. He kept telling everyone who came up to him to talk to him about the game about these natural vitamins that were making him feel so much better, he said he's writing code 12 hours a day, 7 days a week to complete a physics refactor or something, that he then runs 4 hours, eats, and then goes to sleep. I kept trying to move the conversation towards progress towards milestones, community interaction, the roadmap, gameplay, etc, but every time he would rudely interrupt me to tell me that I should get these supplements, that they would transform my life and make me feel like I'm 18 again (i'm not that old in the first place), the stupid thing was that after 30m of trying to talk to him, I gave in and asked him what these supplements were called and he said he forgot and left the bottle at home. Everyone else had the same interaction with him, when we asked the other devs they were just shaking their head and saying that's what they have to live with.

Please be real :lol

That dude should try those supplements tho, maybe it'll help him stop writing walloftext.posts.

Raist

« Reply #1926 on: August 28, 2019, 05:08:27 AM »

an average uptime of 12.5h before they encounter a server crash

Sounds good.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1927 on: August 28, 2019, 07:45:40 AM »
- Make constant grandiose promises that the Truth about the Master Plan will appear imminently.
- Use a rhetoric of distrust towards institutions.
- Aggressively push vitamins and supplements.
- Probably wears Rolex.
- Secretly admires German superior engineering.

This is your body on Star Citizen  :whoo

Wo sind die Kartoffeln, Chris ? :maf
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1928 on: August 28, 2019, 09:13:03 AM »
I checked Chris Roberts' twitter, and apparently his Learn2Code Pills will make you look this:

https://twitter.com/chrisrobertsfm/status/1064143142595776513
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #1929 on: August 28, 2019, 12:15:38 PM »
Have they even properly modeled space debris orbiting populated planets??? Wake me up when they do.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Raist

« Reply #1930 on: August 28, 2019, 01:37:36 PM »
Have they even properly modeled space debris orbiting populated planets??? Wake me up when they do.

Not just debris, but surely a planet-wide city would require a fuckton of satellites. I hope this makes it in. Someone should suggest it to Leader Chris.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1931 on: August 28, 2019, 05:21:13 PM »
FUD FACT CHECK :
I can't really tell the brand but it doesn't look like a Rolex. There's an interview on YouTube where it looks like a Panerai ? However Croberts is the type to wear a watch and a smartwatch at the same time.
:hhh

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:39:40 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1932 on: August 29, 2019, 01:52:13 AM »
Star Citizen : Development As A Service
ὕβρις

Raist

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1934 on: August 29, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »
You gonna be broke again
©@©™

Raist

« Reply #1935 on: August 30, 2019, 04:33:18 PM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/staggered-development-faq-1

What is staggered development?
Staggered Development is an approach that splits the various development teams between multiple delivery dates. This puts teams into a cadence whereby they are delivering larger features every couple of quarters instead of every quarter, but due to their staggered nature, you would still receive an update every quarter.

To oversimplify for clarity's sake, an example of this would be that half our dev team may be working on 3.7 features, tech, and content, while the other half would be working on 3.8. Once the team working on 3.7 delivers the patch, they would then transition to 3.9. Rinse and repeat.

This doesn't strike me as a great idea.

Ultimately, this is a really good thing for Squadron 42 development as well. Both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 share a codebase and as features come online for both games, they will be in a more stable/playable state, reducing potential blockers that can hinder and slow down development.
You will of course notice that our target Beta date for Squadron 42 has moved back by 12 weeks in today’s Roadmap update, but this is a necessary step as a result of changing the overall development cadence, which we expect will create positive results in the overall delivery and experience of Squadron 42.

:ohyou

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1936 on: August 30, 2019, 05:28:37 PM »
Latest The Agent dump of rumors / FUD.

- after many, many assurances that the crytek lawsuit would not proceed, chris & co are scrambling (no elaboration)
- emails, contracts, recorded conversations and biz licences are being sent for review (legal review?)
- Erin "extremely nervous" about outcome, although showing a "carefree attitude" around the office
- "I know for a fact he doesn't want another Gizmondo on his hands. Once was enough."
- aegis backer event: "Our goal was to be totally positive. We nailed it."
- production on certain parts of the game are stopped completely until legal avenues are resolved
mostly that means engine and server improvements
- this halt is scheduled to begin 9/3, but employees have known about it for some time
- engine switch most likely in the cards, deep discussions about stadia/UE4 ongoing
- "Anything made or built with CryEngine would be discarded and re-coded." including animations, models, maps, client and server side code, etc
- "We'd have to redo a lot of work. It'd be worth it, because it's the only way forward."

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6499#post497911863
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1937 on: August 30, 2019, 05:30:31 PM »
*laughs in CryEngine 3*
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1938 on: August 30, 2019, 05:33:53 PM »
*laughs in CryEngine 3*

Laugh.exe has quit because of an unexpected error
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1939 on: August 30, 2019, 05:50:21 PM »
Oh people on Something Awful are amused because apparently the latest CryEngine version got updated with some of the shit CIG is obviously having issues with like the "OCS".

:lol
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:40:40 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1940 on: August 30, 2019, 06:40:03 PM »
Oh apparently people on Something Awful are amused because apparently the latest CryEngine version got updated with some of the shit CIG is obviously having issues with like the "OCS".

:lol
Mh-hm. Now this is my kind of petty.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1941 on: August 30, 2019, 07:30:39 PM »
- "I know for a fact he doesn't want another Gizmondo on his hands. Once was enough."

What does this mean? Is Croberts borrowing money from the Swedish mafia?
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1942 on: August 30, 2019, 07:51:30 PM »
If you feel like suffering the prose of Desktop Commander's Commander Derek Smart...

http://dereksmart.com/forums/topic/star-citizen-interstellar-pirates/#post-2163

But really the gist of the argument is :

Five of the six top execs at this company, Chris Roberts, his brother Erin Roberts, their lifelong friends, Nick & Simon Elms (brothers), Derek Senior – all from Manchester – through their previous company Warthog, were associated with the Gizmondo money laundering operation that was busted worldwide a few years ago.

"He" in the bit you quoted is supposed to be -I guess- Erin Roberts, who was employed by Gizmondo at one point.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 07:56:01 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1943 on: August 31, 2019, 02:37:33 PM »
Alarmist rumors that can't be verified are back :

Rumours coming out of CIG Manchester that their QA team haven't been paid this month. Going on previous experience this is usually the start of the end - QA get boned first before other departments due to the perception that they are the most expendable.

Hopefully for them it's an admin error

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=6503&perpage=40#post497926187

Also :

ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1944 on: August 31, 2019, 02:46:52 PM »
I didn't read that Forbes article when it was posted here, I see I should have:
Backstory: a recent Forbes print-magazine article (web edition here, /r/StarCitizen discussion, bonus /r/Games discussion) about an investigation they made into the (mis)management of Star Citizen creators Cloud Imperium Games, wrote that the Roberts Family Trust bought a $4.7m mansion in 2018.

From couch surfing to living in a mansion.

Although honestly $4mm for a mansion really means its a two story house within 10 miles of the beach in Los Angeles dollars.

Also:

https://twitter.com/RapidDarkVenom/status/1164585338347696128

I know this face. This is the face of a game dev who is so tired and broken and over your shit that they can't even fake a smile for your stupid PR shit.

:dead

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=6462&perpage=40#post497728436
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1945 on: August 31, 2019, 03:08:54 PM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1946 on: September 01, 2019, 11:53:53 AM »
Got news for you FUDsters ! Development hasn't even really started. Actually it's pretty impressive what they made without even beginning making the game !
:smug

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/474868266?t=00h30m29s

Good meltdown too :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474868266?t=00h01m33s
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1947 on: September 01, 2019, 12:21:01 PM »
Some people get their kicks tho, good for them.

ὕβρις

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1948 on: September 01, 2019, 12:57:31 PM »
OK I actually think that Space Yacht is pretty cool

How much is that gonna run me

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1949 on: September 01, 2019, 01:09:46 PM »
How much you got?
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1950 on: September 01, 2019, 01:22:33 PM »
OK I actually think that Space Yacht is pretty cool

How much is that gonna run me

It's either not sold at the moment or the official site "view buying options" button is broken. According to this website :

https://starcitizen.tools/890_Jump

Pledge cost increased from 600 USD to 890 USD just before the 4th Anniversary Sale on 2016-11-18
Initially sold for 600 USD on 2014-10-11

That's sort of a nice touch :lol

-------

ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1951 on: September 04, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »
More engine switch rumours...

Some more rumors from TheAgent over at the SA thread:

I'm not even going to "hello" this because its p sketch, but someone has been very, very, very, VERY adamant that parts of the latest citcon demos are done with a different engine other than lumberyard/cryengine

this person was right in the past about a few things (I know the criminal gameplay thing was one, I think the animation/AI problems were others) and I don't think they work there anymore but this is so gently caressing hilarious to me that I can barely believe it

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-star-citizen-thread-v10.463697/post-7983709
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1952 on: September 04, 2019, 01:22:28 PM »
Development started in 2019 arguments incoming :delicious
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1953 on: September 04, 2019, 01:54:05 PM »
I don't really believe it to be honest. This would be flushing down the drain the equivalent of dozens of millions when one of the (many) narratives was how deeply they customised the engine into something unique for an unique game. On the other hand the backers throat are pretty dilated at this point and it's a good excuse for the lack of progress... But it's a bit of gamble you'll end up ahead. In my very uncharitable opinion, it's not like they're really trying to make the game so much as keeping on adding tech demos and very rudimentary modules on their existing jigsaw.

ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1954 on: September 04, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »
I thought it was all running on StarEngine, built by Crobby Croberts very own hands.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1955 on: September 04, 2019, 04:29:19 PM »
What does this mean for the Road Map™?
dog

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1956 on: September 04, 2019, 10:36:30 PM »
I feel that any amount of lawyer money spent on coming to an amicable agreement allowing them to use whatever cryengine variant they're on is less than the cost of CHANGING THE ENTIRE ENGINE RIGHT NOW

bluemax

« Reply #1957 on: September 04, 2019, 11:18:16 PM »
Got news for you FUDsters ! Development hasn't even really started. Actually it's pretty impressive what they made without even beginning making the game !
:smug

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/474868266?t=00h30m29s

Good meltdown too :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474868266?t=00h01m33s

I hope they switched engines again, just for the ultimate in duke nukem style development. Game is looking old? Time to switch engines!

Love to start development 8 years in.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1958 on: September 05, 2019, 07:15:55 AM »
I thought I understood game development but then Star Citizen made me realise I didn’t want to.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-star-citizen-thread-v10.463697/post-7986339
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1959 on: September 06, 2019, 05:45:28 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1961 on: September 06, 2019, 10:00:29 AM »
It’s like they prefer theory crafting to an actual software release.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #1962 on: September 06, 2019, 06:36:47 PM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17226-Roadmap-Roundup-September-6th-2019

New roadmap notes in their full unedited glory:

We project  Salvage to be a full “two-quarter task,” similar to the development of the initial release of Mining.  After carefully evaluating all factors, we made the decision to push Salvage back two quarters to make room for both FPS Mining  and  Refueling.  

First, for the release of 3.7,  it didn’t make sense to implement caves without gameplay, so we tasked the team on Salvage with creating the FPS Mining and Quantum Fuel Mining. 

Second, we’ve made the decision to  re-task the  team focused on Salvage in the quarters to come with closing out a full  refueling game loop, which will include Fuel Harvesting and Quantum Fuel Harvesting. These will both be added to the Public Roadmap soon. Once completed, the team will then move on to focus on Salvage. 

:exxy did anyone proofread this.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #1963 on: September 06, 2019, 06:38:23 PM »
They’re also expanding a law/prison system, can’t wait for the beta tests of that.  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #1964 on: September 06, 2019, 11:09:08 PM »
I feel that any amount of lawyer money spent on coming to an amicable agreement allowing them to use whatever cryengine variant they're on is less than the cost of CHANGING THE ENTIRE ENGINE RIGHT NOW
seriously, if they actually are intending on using Amazon's version I'm sure Amazon would have helped broker something to at least take it out of court

I doubt Crytek actually wants to go after anyone who moved or is moving from CryEngine to Lumberyard but didn't check all the boxes yet, their claim is basically that was just a cover story by CIG after the fact

bluemax

« Reply #1965 on: September 06, 2019, 11:28:11 PM »
Did mining ever move out of Tier 0? Do they even care to try to move it out of Tier 0?
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #1966 on: September 06, 2019, 11:54:14 PM »

THEY'LL BE ABLE TO USE THIS FOR GAS CLOUDS

bluemax

« Reply #1967 on: September 07, 2019, 01:11:23 AM »
500 planets at launch!
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #1968 on: September 07, 2019, 02:36:25 AM »
500 planets at launch!
"launch" never comes :rollsafe

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1970 on: September 08, 2019, 02:49:35 AM »
Animation
Animation continued R&D into the motion matching tech mentioned last month, including looking at how seamlessly it can transition from locomotion into a usable enter animation. They also looked into interrupt and resume tech for story scenes, which will allow a player to leave a scene, have the characters pause naturally, and start again seamlessly when they rejoin. The SQ42 Feature Team also started implementing a firing range.

:neogaf

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1973 on: September 08, 2019, 09:55:23 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cygsnd/comment/eysew07

Edit: Oh remembered one thing, FFS, they were teasing the physical box prototypes from the KS packages back then, when in reality they weren't even close. It's things like this that keep pissing people off.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT2l5ppDM1m/

:jeb
ὕβρις

Raist

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1975 on: September 09, 2019, 06:12:22 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d1e27o/a_summary_of_star_citizen_live_all_about/

Their attempt to be more date-driven worked to begin with, but as seen this year it became unsustainable.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1976 on: September 09, 2019, 06:20:38 AM »
That summary is a gold mine.

Ships are on a separate pipeline, so focusing less on ships wouldn't allow them to focus more on professions and gameplay.

You don't say !

Q05) We used to get real design documents in the past that gave us at least a moderate glimpse of what a mechanic was, and how CIG is planning on it affecting gameplay. Can we please go back to getting these deep-dive documents into professions? [19:36]

TL;DR They've changed how they do things, so the deep-dive documents are no longer fit-for-purpose. Instead they have an internal document that Todd would "call almost like a one-pager", which is more focused on what they can hit and what they need to hit for the Tier Zero implementation.

You don't say !

Chad adds a more programmer perspective, saying that the sync-up between programmers and design would often reveal technical considerations that hadn't been fully considered until they started implementing the design

Oh Chad you don't say !

Q06) What is the current status of Server-Side Object Container Streaming (SSOCS)? [21:10] (Oh boy...)

TL;DR They needed to revisit existing gameplay features to make sure they weren't broken, and have done that. SSOCS also requires Global Persistence(...) An early version of SSOCS without GP might be released in order to get some of the streaming benefits from that work, which is possible due to a Prototype Model they created for testing. As for Server Meshing, most work on that can only happen after SSOCS is done.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 06:36:29 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1977 on: September 09, 2019, 06:46:14 AM »
Star Citizen boiled down to a single Reddit post :

So realistically, 890 gameplay is going to boil down to one thing longterm
u/Amathyst7564
So I was in Olisar and someone brought an 890 jump for people to come aboard and check it out. We collected about ten people and and went off towards arc corp. Most people were just in their default suit, with a pistol and a single clip. A couple of us had armour and assault rifles.

We toured the ship. It was aesthetically pleasing. But once you've seen it, you've seen it and after you do a cruise once you probably won't want to spend money on another. That's when it was announced over ship comms that a game of hide and kill would commence once we dropped out of FTL. Coincidentally, those with armour and rifles were all wearing monocles and not shooting each other. The default suit peasants didn't stand much of a chance with a pistol and a clip. Some were hiding in the engine room, some in the toilets, some didn't know what was going on and got clocked standing in the atrium looking up at the arc corp view. The ship makes an excellent level for free for all battle royal.

Purge Cruises, now at affordable prices. Where the fun never stops.

Glorious SC Master Race.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d1bu0p/so_realistically_890_gameplay_is_going_to_boil/
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1979 on: September 11, 2019, 11:51:17 PM »
The game SC whales want is one where poors must pay them to ride in their chariots.
NO