Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 310869 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #2100 on: March 02, 2020, 04:51:53 AM »
:dead

bluemax

« Reply #2101 on: March 02, 2020, 10:43:51 PM »
Doors truly are the deadliest thing in the Verse.
NO

Raist

« Reply #2102 on: March 03, 2020, 04:38:33 AM »
WOW stealth release pirate gameplay.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha-3/STARC-107468-Carrack_is_able_to__kidnap__and_sell_another_ship_s_cargo_

1. Spawn and fly Carrack as owner.

2. Find victim/ship with cargo.

3. 'Boop' or nudge Carrack's nose against the nose of the victim ship until it becomes attached to Carrack and loses collision.

4. Fly Carrack with victim ship to Grim HEX or any other fence location. (Cargo will be tagged as illegal/stolen).

5. Check Sell Terminal. Notice that the Carrack now has 'expanded' cargo capacity equal to the SCU of the victim ship.

6. Sell.

Roberts truly is a genius :rejoice

Raist

« Reply #2103 on: March 03, 2020, 09:33:56 AM »
Realistic hoodie gameplay :lawd

I bought the Legion Shirt because of its cool hoody .. now my First Person View is blocked quite a bit >< .. well I guess it's realistic

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2104 on: March 03, 2020, 01:20:52 PM »

Raist

« Reply #2105 on: March 04, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »

Raist

« Reply #2106 on: March 05, 2020, 04:41:49 AM »
Looks like one of the recent "major gameplay mechanic" additions, AKA Caves Gameplay™, is going well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/fdjdv4/guys_can_you_help_me_please_you_still_go_to_the/

Some quotes:

Tried once.
Was going to learn hand mining.
Approached the cave.
Two armed men standing there.
AI or human? I wondered.
Lowered weapon and said "Hello there!"
Promptly got shot in the face.
I'm all good with caves lmao.

Once in awhile when bored. Usually just a quick in and out to find the client. I prefer hand mining on the surface.

Since I always got lost for ~30 minutes, my last rescue contact wasn't locatable(probably despawned?) and mining always bugged out after like 3 rocks:

no

No, nothing to do there and there are faster ways to warn money

It goes on and on and on.

Dev resources well spent  :itagaki

Raist

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2108 on: March 06, 2020, 06:57:03 PM »
This really is the most amazing ARG of all time.

bluemax

« Reply #2109 on: March 06, 2020, 10:42:42 PM »
I sent one of my co-workers the Sunk Cost Galaxy videos and he's amazed that people still give it money. I sent him a link to a random recent Reddit post of someone praising the game and he just couldn't believe it. It's amazing to watch someone discover all the layers.
NO

bluemax

NO

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2112 on: March 08, 2020, 12:59:20 AM »
Chris is the head of the project. Not only that but he has passion too. Obviously hes super busy, but I dont think he realizes just how much his appearances help the backers understand delays and changes. Because we often hear a PR response to something and dont understand because PR is intentionally vague especially if somethings wrong.

For example the "yeah no shit" moment from cr is a great moment people loved because in just a few words cr showed that hes aware of our concerns and then went on to explain some things we didn't even know were going on and it put backers at ease.

Personally I think sq42 progress is moving a long just fine. All signs point to at least the plan of having beta this year. So I'd assume progress is still good and any lack of chapter movement is one of those issues we dont hear about, like an internal progress tracking change that is incompatible with the current roadmap system or would just add confusion in trying to get that to work. Or it could be that all episodes are 99% done they're just waiting on a peice of tech or something to be "finished"
:hmm

bluemax

« Reply #2113 on: March 08, 2020, 04:09:31 PM »
Most open development of all time.
NO

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2114 on: March 08, 2020, 10:11:19 PM »
Or it could be that all episodes are 99% done they're just waiting on a peice of tech or something to be "finished"

This is definitely the most likely possibility.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #2115 on: March 08, 2020, 10:13:19 PM »
blanket over big lumpy pile with sign taped to it "99% DONE EPISODES DO NOT LOOK"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2116 on: March 13, 2020, 06:52:44 PM »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #2117 on: March 13, 2020, 06:55:10 PM »
Why hasn't the Squadron 42 roadmap been updated?

The current roadmap does not accurately reflect the development that is currently occurring. This is because the roadmap is based on linear development, where features are developed one at a time in a linear fashion. However, CIG are instead using parallel development, meaning that instead of progressing through tasks in a linear way, they are working on everything at once. With the current linear roadmap, this would mean that progress would seem to be none-existent, up until the final month, where all the tasks and chapters should suddenly be completed.

CIG are searching for better ways to present the development of Squadron 42 to the community, and are planning to rework the roadmap in the future. However, they also cannot reveal many of the major things that they are working on, as Chris does not want any part of the game to be spoiled. This makes it difficult for much of the progress to be shown, and is partially why there have been no major updates on Squadron 42 for over a year.
99% DONE EPISODES DO NOT LOOK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2118 on: March 13, 2020, 06:57:58 PM »
No sane person that has been following this project at all believed Sq42 was coming out this year. I'd say 2022 is pretty realistic.

Answer the call 2016
 :nothing
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #2119 on: March 13, 2020, 09:45:00 PM »
No sane person that has been following this project at all believed Sq42 was coming out this year. I'd say 2022 is pretty realistic.

Answer the call 2016
 :nothing

Quote from: Star Citizen Wiki
SQ42 was announced originally in a Kickstarter campaign in 2012 together with Star Citizen. After the implementation of more Stretch goals (the last stretch goal was achieved 2014-11-10) the release was subsequently postponed. After CitizenCon in 2015, a new homepage "Answer the Call" showed the date 2016. At CitizenCon 2016 Roberts confirmed a delay of the game. Its release date is currently unknown.[3][4]

Yup
NO

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2120 on: March 13, 2020, 10:39:53 PM »
SQ42 delayed due to coronavirus. Please understand.
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #2121 on: March 14, 2020, 02:55:12 AM »
I wish they wouldn't compare to AAA games/companies. The current AAA games/companies are/have been pretty disappointing.

Bryan did say “triple or quadruple A”. Although it is a bit of a joke in the community, if they actually deliver what it seems they are aiming for it could be the first AAAA game.

:crowdlaff in 3 years when this is still a mess we’ll have to add another “A”
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2122 on: March 14, 2020, 09:43:11 AM »
AAA? More like FFF!  :rodney
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2123 on: March 14, 2020, 09:50:01 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/fibeot/star_citizen_unofficial_39_foodnotes_datamining/

Star Citizen UNOFFICIAL 3.9 "FOOD"-NOTES (Datamining)

Torpedo Burrito crams a full payload of flavor into their newest creation, the Strog-N-Off burrito, featuring rich and meaty high-grade roasted protein encased in a creamy mushroom sauce, drenched over springy spaetzle and wrapped in their signature size-4 multi-grain tortilla.
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #2124 on: March 16, 2020, 07:13:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1239546219346747398

Star Citizen about to lose out on being the only AAAA video game.
NO

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2125 on: March 16, 2020, 07:46:03 PM »
They're off to a pretty bad start on their AAAA studio if they're hiring the lead developer of Anthem.
dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2126 on: March 16, 2020, 07:46:49 PM »
Okay, anyone want to sell me on this game in a few sentences or a video? I know nothing about it.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #2127 on: March 16, 2020, 07:56:51 PM »
Okay, anyone want to sell me on this game in a few sentences or a video? I know nothing about it.
Please read the explanation roadmap* to understand.

*Release Date: TBD in 6-8 months

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2128 on: March 16, 2020, 08:08:51 PM »

Games being released is pretty cool, but what if they didn't get released?
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2129 on: March 16, 2020, 08:22:44 PM »

Games being released is pretty cool, but what if they didn't get released?

dog

bluemax

« Reply #2130 on: March 16, 2020, 11:44:23 PM »

How would you like to spend $40 to play the shiniest Crysis mod ever made? A game with the most lethal doors ever programmed, and the most fidelitious elevators ever conceived of. A game where you never know what is going to happen next, you could encounter some space pirates or your CPU may burst into flames! It's the ultimate gamble!

The true Star Citizen game is to pick your faction, are you a scumbag hater/goon/refunder who wants to see games stagnate or are you a true believer who posts dreams.txt on reddit all day?

Note: neither side actually installs or plays Star Citizen.
NO

bluemax

« Reply #2131 on: March 20, 2020, 12:08:50 AM »
NO

bluemax

NO

benjipwns

« Reply #2133 on: April 01, 2020, 11:02:51 PM »
I was going to say that seems like a pretty large settlement for an engine license on one game, then I remembered how long it's been.

bluemax

« Reply #2134 on: April 01, 2020, 11:37:35 PM »
I was going to say that seems like a pretty large settlement for an engine license on one game, then I remembered how long it's been.

I was looking through my OKCupid messages yesterday and found one where the last thing I asked a woman was if he she had heard about the Crytek/RSI lawsuit.

The message was from 2017.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
She's a video game industry lawyer. I've actually met her in person at least once since then but never mentioned the OKCupid thing.
[close]
NO

Raist

« Reply #2135 on: April 02, 2020, 03:23:06 AM »
Wait what? 550M?

edit:. Oh. AUSD.

Raist

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2137 on: April 29, 2020, 06:28:44 AM »
Well they're adding stuff, at least. I think they included some prison mechanics too.

Some frustration tho :
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/598370803?t=43m10s

https://youtu.be/SlaRyG7hN80?t=292
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2138 on: April 29, 2020, 07:29:19 AM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2139 on: April 29, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »
I think they included some prison mechanics too.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CuteCuriousWasabiPicoMause

actual footage of VomKriege trying to escape The Bore
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2140 on: May 07, 2020, 09:05:34 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2141 on: May 07, 2020, 09:09:13 AM »
Several team members are temporarily supporting other related areas of development due to the suspension of all mo-cap shoots.

They're still shooting mocap  :mindblown

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gev3os/comment/fppvoud

I know it's a real Star Citizen monthly report, because the AI section talks about working on the bartender.

November 2018
"Work also continued on the bartender for Lorville." "The team is actively working on upcoming mission-givers, including Klim, along with ship dealers, bar patrons, and bartenders."

September 2018
" The Facial Team developed animations for the bartender" "The home stretch is in sight for believable bartenders" "polishing their everyday behaviors, including cleaning glasses, carrying drinks to tables, and telling the player they’re busy when in the middle of an action."

August 2018
"The team is working closely with Design on the Bartender to help flesh out the flow – soon players will be able to walk up and order tasty drinks from a believable barkeep"

July 2018
Narrative worked on "mission givers and fleshed out the Bartender" "Design Team further experimented with how to make a bar feel like a living breathing environment, instead of static NPCs serving and consuming drinks. The intent was to give the bartender and others enough character, life, and flexibility so that they can deal with multiple patrons at once, including the player, while looking as lively and realistic as possible. They also began building out the AI logic in Subsumption, started rounds of feedback with Tony Zurovec, and worked with the Narrative Team to get lines written for the Bartender and Bar Patron characters. " "Placeholder block-out animations were sent to the ATX Design Team for the Bartender character"

June 2018
"the team worked with design on further defining NPC behaviors like bartenders," "Work also progressed nicely on ensuring that bars in future releases feature a well-crafted and intelligent bartender"

May 2018
"The team is also building out the Bartender character" "research was done on the Bartender’s animations to bring as much life to this NPC as possible"

April 2018
"kicked off R&D on the bartender and bartending functionality"

March 2018
" Finally, the Facial Animation Team was busy finalizing animations on various PU shopkeepers, bartenders"

October 2017 to February 2018 (Nothing was mentioned)

September 2017

"We now have both female and male shopkeepers and bartenders working in various parts of the levels"

There are more mentioned times beyond this time but the post can only be so large.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gev3os/comment/fprkaza
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #2142 on: May 07, 2020, 10:58:51 PM »
I was stressing out at work about not having something feature complete and shippable after our current two week sprint. If I showed it to anyone at CIG they'd probably have me fired for being an overachiever.
NO

bluemax

NO

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2144 on: May 09, 2020, 02:29:28 AM »
https://gfycat.com/unfitdigitalisabellineshrike

bartender AI is becoming too intelligent, please stop improving it CIG!
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2145 on: May 10, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »

I love that the fan roadmap has a "Subject to frequent unforeseen changes". :lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gggk58/star_citizen_roadmap_update_20200508/

Roadmap was apparently reduced quite a bit...
so literally everything that was on 4.0 (3.10) when it was originally added has now been completely removed, just like with 3.9.

Is it me, or is there no actual gameplay on the roadmap?
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2146 on: May 10, 2020, 03:20:19 PM »
Roadmap was apparently reduced quite a bit...
so literally everything that was on 4.0 (3.10) when it was originally added has now been completely removed, just like with 3.9.

Is it me, or is there no actual gameplay on the roadmap?

:pika

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2147 on: May 10, 2020, 04:23:18 PM »
Blast from the past :

Regardless of opinion right now. If CIG pull this game off as hoped, these delays won't matter. Even if it is years from now. The gaming world needs CIG like electric cars need Tesla. Who else will voluntarily spend millions on r&d and every penny on one project.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qe63x/comment/dkwn3rt

Development so long we could.probably just paste old gems from past pages.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:29:20 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #2148 on: May 10, 2020, 05:02:16 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gggk58/star_citizen_roadmap_update_20200508/

Picking any random thread from that post is  :mindblown

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/gggk58/comment/fq1mya5
Shield updates  have been delayed indefinitely because they're switching from traditional bubble shields to "hull-tight" shields. Fan dies on hill insisting this is necessary as current bubble shields "have holes in them"  :rofl
___

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2149 on: May 10, 2020, 05:04:13 PM »
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7581676/#Comment_7581676

Switching to Vulkan!

The link is dead but that was an official announcement March 20th, 2017. (See : Here)
I'm quoting this because last I read, unless I am mistaken, the switch to Vulkan is still yet to be achieved.
ὕβρις

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2150 on: May 10, 2020, 05:19:14 PM »
So what have I missed? Does it have a release date yet, have people figured out its a scam etc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2151 on: May 10, 2020, 05:59:17 PM »
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2152 on: May 10, 2020, 06:08:15 PM »
Based Croberts defeated Crytek in a trial by combat, confirming that Star Citizen will be the world’s first AAAAA game.
©@©™

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2153 on: May 10, 2020, 06:28:46 PM »
So what have I missed? Does it have a release date yet, have people figured out its a scam etc

Absolutely nothing. Still a scam. Whales are going down with the ship, etc.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2154 on: May 10, 2020, 09:00:08 PM »

So it's the same trajectory of missed deadlines and excuses? Surely some people have seen the light by now.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2155 on: May 10, 2020, 09:01:40 PM »

I think they made some really nice apple models since you’ve been gone
WDW

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2156 on: May 10, 2020, 10:12:52 PM »

So it's the same trajectory of missed deadlines and excuses? Surely some people have seen the light by now.

If RSI's funding chart is accurate, they continue bringing in multiple millions of dollars in funding every month [they're up to $281 million in fan-funding].
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2158 on: May 11, 2020, 01:23:48 PM »
Also CIG is on track so far to beat it's yearly funding record.
The ride never ends.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v11.529121/post-8451002

Graph from that Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/ggir5g/star_citizen_funding_is_having_a_record_year_the/

Seems like CIG's focus away from concept sales and onto flyable ships is working out financially - as well as new players, starter packages, etc. It's looking like we're no longer on the "concept sale every six weeks" train that we've been on for the past few years.

I Love This because it could mean that they will build the ships in the pipeline now (mostly) instead of continuing to bloat the ship catalog. Perhaps ships like the Redeemer (and so many others) may finally see the light of... a sun, etc. Follow the money, if it is working, we may be onto something good here. Good for us, good for CIG!

I don't know how costs evolved since we had the overall financial info (probably up year on year because this has been the trend) but if Croberts didn't go bananas they might have regained some cushion of funds -maybe a full year worth- from the dangerously low reserves of 2018 (before the Calder investment), 2019 was already a record year.

I'll give them that, they continuously beat my expectations on that front.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 01:34:25 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #2159 on: May 11, 2020, 09:37:04 PM »
The burn rate for 500 employees has to be so insanely high. It's not like they're all in cheap places either!
NO