Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 308824 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1980 on: September 11, 2019, 11:57:05 PM »
when I went to the website to look at the Roadmap last week I was honestly shocked they're still charging $45 for this game instead of it being F2P

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1981 on: September 12, 2019, 02:56:19 AM »
Potential leaked info on the upcoming CitizenConJob presentation :

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-star-citizen-thread-v10.463697/post-7996213
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1983 on: September 15, 2019, 04:10:16 PM »
Hover Mode is out for sure :
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d4iwvg/best_part_of_last_scl/

Moreso than the controversy in itself, to me it's more the fact they're still dicking around some basic bits of the flying model.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1984 on: September 15, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d4mjqu/a_summary_of_star_citizen_live_all_things_flyable/

Q03) Are there any plans to allow pilots to get up from their seats without deactivating engines or propulsion? [05:15]

Yes; it's actually a bug that David Colson hasn't been able to fix yet. It's caused by the networking system, and isn't an intentional feature

Q13) Why do boxes fall through the floors inside ships? What is being done to prevent/fix this? [25:54]

They don't think it's an issue with continuous collision detection, but instead think it's caused by bugs with the physics grid inside the ship.

Q19) What are their current plans and/or ideas about being able to further customise ships with loadouts, colours, decals, and so on? [36:42]

It's something they want to do, and they're still looking at the data from the 300 series

Q21) Are you happy with the current Flight Model? [40:41]

Due to these changes, they're also going to rebalance the ships for in-atmo flight
They're then going to rebalance ships for space combat as well, but are taking some time to solve some design problems with combat that they're not yet sure how they're going to solve. When they're more confident about their solution(s), they're also going to rebalance accelerations and the drag for atmosphere
(...)
Jared reiterates what Chris has said many times: they'll take it to the point of realism, and then bring it back to the point of fun

Q25) As the Vanduul ships are needed for Squadron 42, are we likely to see any bug fixes and/or updates to the Scythe, the Glaive, or the Blade in the near future? [55:21]

John's positive that there'll be updates to these ships, but can't say when

Q27) Are there any plans to fix the flying behaviour of ships like the Razor series, the P52, and the P72, which cannot currently turn at speeds above 100m/s? [58:10]

It's a bug with the atmospheric system, caused by the centre of p-- (he cuts out so it's missed)
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1986 on: September 17, 2019, 09:08:17 AM »
:neogaf
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1987 on: September 17, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »
You don't even have 256GB of RAM? I question your commitment to the cause, Citizen.
©@©™

bluemax

NO

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

nudemacusers

« Reply #1990 on: September 21, 2019, 08:40:00 PM »
Yikes no wonder people just post screenshots :hhh
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #1991 on: September 21, 2019, 08:44:27 PM »
No, it's a physics based issue. Each object (ship or broken ship chunk) doesn't weigh early enough so when things fall based on physics, it acts as if it were a lightweight object. Imagine it like a car made of Styrofoam and a car made of metal. Same size, much different weights and fall and interact with objects differently. That's what we're seeing here. It's uncanny because we expect ships and broken ship parts to act as a heavy object, but they don't. Heavy things don't bounce around.

Ships as a whole are lacking weight because planets and gravity interactions weren't a thing before 3.0 so it never came up. The excuse given is usually ship thrusters are incredibly powerful and can counteract any gravity, but that falls apart when you shut off engines and let physics do its thing.
This game will be perpetually broken lmao
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #1992 on: September 21, 2019, 10:55:09 PM »
Twisted Metal 2 had more destruction states for the cars than this has for the ships?

benjipwns

« Reply #1993 on: September 21, 2019, 10:56:30 PM »
No, it's a physics based issue. Each object (ship or broken ship chunk) doesn't weigh early enough so when things fall based on physics, it acts as if it were a lightweight object. Imagine it like a car made of Styrofoam and a car made of metal. Same size, much different weights and fall and interact with objects differently. That's what we're seeing here. It's uncanny because we expect ships and broken ship parts to act as a heavy object, but they don't. Heavy things don't bounce around.

Ships as a whole are lacking weight because planets and gravity interactions weren't a thing before 3.0 so it never came up. The excuse given is usually ship thrusters are incredibly powerful and can counteract any gravity, but that falls apart when you shut off engines and let physics do its thing.
This game will be perpetually broken lmao
look, all they have to do is recreate physics completely including physics that are only theoretical at this point in human history as well as describe the features of every object that can exist

three to six weeks on the roadmap probably

Coax

nudemacusers

« Reply #1995 on: September 22, 2019, 01:27:52 AM »
Another post

Just imagine when persistence is feature complete, and the ship would become derelict instead of immediately disappearing. Someone would even enter the wreck to see if there were survivors in need of medical assitance :)
in time, a reclaimer arrives and gobbles it all up.
What in the clip gives hope that any of this theoretical emergent gameplay would be possible?!  :dizzy

Me 3 years from now: wow just think, once they nail down planetary atmospheric drag, dog fights in orbit could end with an emergency evacuation via  accurately modeled escape pods to the surface!

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #1996 on: September 22, 2019, 01:33:57 AM »
Imagine you checking insurance cards on the survivors to see if they have insurance with your corporation or not, and if they don't shooting them and looting the bodies, and then turning the husk into a base for your warlord state on the planet. How cool is this going to be when they get it in the game?

nudemacusers

« Reply #1997 on: September 22, 2019, 09:22:14 AM »
Fully modeled bureaucratic processing overhead :bow
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

kingv

« Reply #1998 on: September 22, 2019, 10:23:40 AM »
Twisted Metal 2 had more destruction states for the cars than this has for the ships?

That’s a sequel. It would be more appropriate to compare to twisted metal 1.

kingv

« Reply #1999 on: September 22, 2019, 10:24:33 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d6pbth/well_there_goes_our_ride/?st=k0skyfbi&sh=0189a18a

A mere hiccup. Should have another grand lying around for another :snob

I’ve actually been wondering that. If you paid real money for a ship, when it’s gone... is it gone for good, or can you just spawn in a new one?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2000 on: September 22, 2019, 02:48:31 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/d6pbth/well_there_goes_our_ride/?st=k0skyfbi&sh=0189a18a

A mere hiccup. Should have another grand lying around for another :snob

I’ve actually been wondering that. If you paid real money for a ship, when it’s gone... is it gone for good, or can you just spawn in a new one?

As far as I understand it there's supposed to be insurances you're will subscribe to and renew (in game). The design doc / fanwank is that if you're insured your ship will get replaced but you'll probably have to wait for the replacement to be shipped on your location either for real real fully simulated down to supply constraints because the shipyards are in strike that particular day (this is Star Citizen Insanity after all) or at least via some spawn timer I guess.

A bunch of the early ships had a perpetual Life Time Insurance (LTI) attached but it was discontinued (as a bone for the old guard of backers and not to have the already massive theorical JPG fleet in backers folders make the whole insurance thing obsolete from day 1) only to be reintroduced in certain sales because it's apparently a big commercial boost to have it attached. Things get even weirder because the LTI apparently sticks if you "melt" (basically exchange or upgrade) a ship with it into another one. I may be remembering wrong but for instance the space bike (one of the cheapest items they sold,) had at least one sale with LTI attached and some people stockpile it to be able to transfer the insurance to bigger ships when the time comes.

I'm not certain what happens to a uninsured ship but yes I believe the idea is that it would be definitely lost if destroyed.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 04:09:44 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2001 on: September 22, 2019, 03:25:12 PM »
fully manual poverty straight space capitalism
©@©™

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2002 on: September 23, 2019, 11:17:14 AM »
Star Citizen sounds like such a pile of shit.

kingv

« Reply #2003 on: September 23, 2019, 11:52:05 AM »
Having it be lost makes sense for like... games you purchase for in-game money, but seems absolute trash for something you spent actual no-shit money on.

bluemax

« Reply #2004 on: September 23, 2019, 11:45:53 PM »
They aren't lost, you just have to wait for them to respawn or shit. They have some sort of insurance system and things not coming with LTI anymore was a big point of drama a few years ago. No one knows how any of this should or will work because none of it has been designed beyond "it will exist".

Being a designer at CIG must be amazing, you just come up with an idea and never worry about the details!
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2005 on: September 24, 2019, 05:22:32 AM »
ὕβρις

kingv

« Reply #2006 on: September 24, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »
No mans sky mining system in place.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2007 on: September 24, 2019, 01:35:55 PM »
Heh, backers would be lucky if Star Citizen releases in a state half as good as No Man’s Sky.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #2009 on: September 29, 2019, 11:28:14 PM »
8 years of development and hundreds of millions of dollars :dead

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2011 on: October 01, 2019, 06:00:17 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/dafa6m/squadron_42_roadmap_update_20190927/

Elise_93mitra•2d•
This would have us believe there has been almost no chapter progress for more than 4 months now (only 3 phases out of 140 total completed in that time frame). I can't believe they still haven't addressed this.. (sorry, I know I'm just repeating this every week, but it's really grinding my gears...)
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #2012 on: October 02, 2019, 11:39:33 PM »
Newest episode of Sunk Cost Galaxy came out yesterday:

For those not up on your Star Citizen detractor lore, the guy who makes these was an early investor in SC who after realizing it was going nowhere pulled his money from the game. Now he makes these videos that use mostly CIGs own words to help explain why he got out. This episode is about Chris Roberts' secret girlfriend/wife/former stalker/CIG VP of marketing Sandi Gardiner.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:31:44 AM by bluemax »
NO

Raist

« Reply #2013 on: October 04, 2019, 06:02:20 AM »
Physics, how do they work.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/489527126

Raist

Raist

« Reply #2015 on: October 07, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2016 on: October 19, 2019, 12:06:03 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/dk3f5r/squadron_42_roadmap_update_20191018/

This still looks like its years out, not Beta Q3 or even Q4.

They better have some fucking news for us at citcon because this is getting embarrassing.

I'm all for being patient but at this point its dishonest and predatory to pretend like your game is coming out at the end of the year since 2013.

Im a backer since the start, High Admiral and Concierge, but I'm not too sure why they even bother to release this any more. At least paint drying has an endgame.

:yeshrug
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2018 on: October 20, 2019, 07:05:06 AM »
Workaround: Use a male character.  :goty2
©@©™

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #2019 on: October 20, 2019, 12:04:06 PM »
Workaround: Use a male character.  :goty2

works for the Game of Life  :ego
___

bluemax

NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2021 on: November 01, 2019, 05:17:17 AM »
Star Barista getting closer every year !
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2022 on: November 01, 2019, 08:44:33 AM »
More like why is Star Citizen taking a hundred years to come out?
dog

bluemax

« Reply #2024 on: November 14, 2019, 11:10:03 PM »
If there's one constant in the Star Citizen universe it is the lethality of doors.
NO

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2025 on: November 14, 2019, 11:17:42 PM »
That’s some of the most polished-looking jank I’ve ever seen  :lol

Raist

« Reply #2026 on: November 15, 2019, 01:29:23 AM »
... polished ???

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2027 on: November 15, 2019, 01:34:19 AM »
In the reddit thread video, the way the door floats into position looked smooth and controlled, like it was done deliberately  :lol. I can’t think of any other way to describe it.

benjipwns

« Reply #2028 on: November 15, 2019, 01:35:54 AM »
From reading the comments it seems that these are actually elevators, not doors, and the problem is they haven't written proper path-finding code for the elevators to maneuver around the maps. Now if you're asking why the elevators need a path-finding AI then you're in the wrong thread buddy.
That's your lift. They fucked up layouts so their new "real lifts" are in fact moving through open spaces while being zero-scaled (you can see that in another bug when elevator outer doors stay open and you can see elevator scaling up on arrival (it's probably just keyframed on the spline).

This bug is when elevator door is not affected by the same scale as the elevator cabin, so you can see it around.

You can see that elevators are in fact flying through open spaces by spawning your big ship and traveling to other hangars - I don't remember exact which hangar is which, but in some combination you'll be flying past your 890 jump marker in like 5 meters.
That's the idea. Free moving elevators.

But they should incorporate elevator shafts in the station's design, and it's not done so currently.

I think it worked better when there was a single elevator for each hangar. Elevators were teleporting back then, but it was definitely easier to design a station around this, instead of every elevator being able to go to every hangar, like now. I think they just added this as a convenience feature, but should be revisited.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2029 on: November 15, 2019, 06:27:32 AM »
Elevators come at you fast, buddy.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2030 on: November 15, 2019, 10:24:40 AM »
High, higher than the sun
You shoot me from a gun
I need you to elevate me here
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #2031 on: November 18, 2019, 03:13:04 AM »
Remember that a promise of SC was that nothing would be faked, so unlike an intelligent game where elevators are just load triggers, SC decided to make them all real working elevators. Except these are the people who can't make their cargo ships properly hold a box of kleenex properly so nothing works.

But hey CitCon is soon! So remember to pledge!
NO

Raist

« Reply #2032 on: November 23, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »
Riveting new "prison gameplay", fresh from Citizencon.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #2033 on: November 23, 2019, 07:52:07 PM »
the people cheering at the end :dead

Raist

« Reply #2034 on: November 24, 2019, 02:59:18 AM »
The big demo at the end was amazing.

"Infiltrate" a research facility (no one seems to give a fuck because you're wearing a labcoat :dead) to download some stuff, escape by having a little walk in -120˚C weather (that's about -180 for folks using dumb units), with no gloves or helmet mind you, which according to the geniuses over at CIG is "OK for 2-3 minutes", wrapping up with a 5mins boring as fuck "dogfight" with enemy AI that does nothing other than a barrel roll when it gets hit (?!) and riveting wormhole gameplay.

10/10 would pledge $30,000.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2035 on: November 24, 2019, 03:52:51 AM »
Someone Venmo or PayPal me 45 bucks and I’ll buy one of the starter packages.
serge

Raist

« Reply #2036 on: November 24, 2019, 04:07:10 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #2037 on: November 24, 2019, 04:29:47 AM »
Some of the things they're clapping and cheering for :lol

A ramp that can be driven up. Picking up a jacket that gets stuck in the model. A skybox. A thing going into a bay.

This is why Trump Boris Johnson won a majority.

Coax

« Reply #2038 on: November 24, 2019, 05:29:36 AM »
The brief snowstorm sequence is probably the most normal, structured thing gameplay-wise I've seen yet (in a good way). I'm not sure if SC is meant to have a story but if they could stick to piecing together things like that they'd have something that resembled missions.

bluemax

« Reply #2039 on: November 24, 2019, 04:15:15 PM »
The brief snowstorm sequence is probably the most normal, structured thing gameplay-wise I've seen yet (in a good way). I'm not sure if SC is meant to have a story but if they could stick to piecing together things like that they'd have something that resembled missions.

It's an MMO of sorts with missions, but I don't think the MMO has a plot like FFXIV does. It's just ways to grind credits for over priced ships. The story module is Squadron 42.

Someone Venmo or PayPal me 45 bucks and I’ll buy one of the starter packages.

You'll have less regret if you spend $45 on bottom shelf booze.
NO