Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 309203 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #2040 on: November 24, 2019, 05:09:36 PM »

Raist

« Reply #2041 on: November 25, 2019, 02:43:11 AM »
Remember how going up ramps with vehicles used to be a death sentence, and it seems they fixed it?

Well, here's the fix.

Goons are speculating that they're cutting a bunch of geometry from the vehicle to avoid that. I don't know if that's accurate, but that glitch is certainly suspicious :lol

bluemax

« Reply #2042 on: November 25, 2019, 11:36:28 PM »
Yeah that is... suspicious. If that happened in real time I'd assume some kind of simple actor teleport.
NO

Raist

« Reply #2043 on: November 26, 2019, 03:28:59 AM »
 :gladbron

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2044 on: November 26, 2019, 04:24:02 AM »
SC cosplay :

ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2045 on: November 26, 2019, 02:38:54 PM »
So I was looking at filings for CIG multi-layered company maze in the UK for shits and giggles, and back in May their director/attorney resigned (after exactly one year on the job).

The new has an interesting country of residence.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cayman islands :lol
[close]

Also, in June Sandi Roberts was appointed on the boards of directors of the 2 main companies :doge

Raist

« Reply #2046 on: November 26, 2019, 11:20:21 PM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/citizencon-2949-digital-goodies-pack-reveal

Citizencon digital goodies pack.

One of the items:

In-Game Decorative Telescope (Modeled LIVE at CitizenCon)

Screenshot of said item:

That's a goddamn sextant (it even says so in the bottom right corner).

Why in the fuck would they make sextants in the 30th century, when they have warp drive technology and shit.

bluemax

« Reply #2047 on: November 27, 2019, 01:50:00 AM »
:gladbron

(Image removed from quote.)

This is why this shit will go on forever, because these people let it.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2048 on: November 27, 2019, 03:25:36 AM »
So I was looking at filings for CIG multi-layered company maze in the UK for shits and giggles, and back in May their director/attorney resigned (after exactly one year on the job).

The new has an interesting country of residence.

Cayman islands :lol
[close]

Also, in June Sandi Roberts was appointed on the boards of directors of the 2 main companies :doge

You're not familiar with AAAA game development, are you ? Looks perfectly normal to me.
ὕβρις

Raist

Raist

« Reply #2050 on: November 27, 2019, 01:18:43 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2051 on: November 27, 2019, 02:36:46 PM »
Also pretend Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins is playing. 8)
©@©™

Coax

« Reply #2052 on: December 02, 2019, 02:46:21 AM »
We just reached $250 million in crowdfunding
They're gonna call it a "quarter billion" for effect.
Has a nice ring to it, though.

Raist

bluemax

« Reply #2054 on: December 07, 2019, 10:13:08 PM »
The truest Star Citizen experience. Having to manually set up some kind of gameplay with another group of players because no systems in the game support it... and then a crash.
NO

Raist

« Reply #2055 on: December 08, 2019, 07:02:23 AM »
This all sounds perfectly normal.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/518156615?t=0h50m40s

Summary:

- CIG owes Turbulent some money.

- Instead of paying, they give $1M worth of shares (created for this, so that diluted other shares) to Turbulent's owners.

- In turn, CIG now owns 25% of Turbulent, and 2 seats on the board of directors (which currently counts 2 member).

:thinking
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:23:47 AM by Raist »

bluemax

« Reply #2056 on: December 09, 2019, 01:19:34 AM »
Turbulent is the only part of CIG that makes anything of value.
NO

Raist

« Reply #2057 on: December 15, 2019, 03:28:05 AM »

Raist

« Reply #2058 on: January 05, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »
Can't lurk on SA without an account anymore  :doge
This is going to make finding fun and juicy stuff harder :stahp.

Anyway, it seems that Crytek is moving to dismiss their own lawsuit, with the plan to start it again when SQ42 is released (so 2025 I guess).

The courts documents have been released.

https://www.docdroid.net/7lT4ft0/govuscourtscacd696437920.pdf

A ton of stuff has been redacted out, which is... interesting :lol

Especially this bit:

Crytek based its primary claims in this case on multiple public statements by CIG indicating the release of Squadron 42 as a standalone game with release set for the first half of 2020. [REDACTED] Because this fact is central to Crytek’s primary claims, [REDACTED] Crytek seeks to voluntarily dismiss its claims without prejudice to re-filing those claims upon the actual release of Squadron 42.

Or this one:

Here, CIG will suffer no legal prejudice because the parties will both be in the same position in any future litigation following the release of Squadron 42with the only difference being [REDACTED]. Thus, each of CIG’s legal interests, claims, and arguments would remain intact,  as  would  its  rights  and  defenses  in  the  future  litigation.

Ooooor this one:

As soon as Crytek learned the position CIG was taking [REDACTED], Crytek raised the possibility of dismissal with CIG and began working with CIG to try to agree on a fair and efficient approach. As soon it became clear that was not possible, Crytek filed its motion.

bluemax

« Reply #2059 on: January 05, 2020, 05:15:15 PM »
NO

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #2060 on: January 05, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
a lot of jealousy itt. probably cant afford nice gamer socks

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2061 on: January 05, 2020, 05:45:28 PM »
EXPECTED SHIPPING IN Q1

benjipwns

« Reply #2062 on: January 05, 2020, 05:48:40 PM »
Something Awful is having their own version of the ResetERA.com uprising by transgender posters, killing off mods, deleting boards, making more strict rules banning words, trying to get Lowtax removed even though he does nothing already I guess, etc. They locked it down because people were making fun of it all. This has not stopped people from posting screenshots of everything. Don't know if there's a good summary anywhere, I've just seen it being talked about on a surprisingly wide variety of places. If I hadn't seen the start of it and it looking just like what happened at ResetERA.com a week before or something I probably would have been baffled. Never really been a SA follower or anything.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #2063 on: January 05, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »

Ooooor this one:

As soon as Crytek learned the position CIG was taking [REDACTED], Crytek raised the possibility of dismissal with CIG and began working with CIG to try to agree on a fair and efficient approach. As soon it became clear that was not possible, Crytek filed its motion.

Sounds to me like all the redacted is just the inevitable delay announcement, not anything juicer but I don't know IANAL*

*(I ANAL)
___

bluemax

« Reply #2064 on: January 05, 2020, 08:20:19 PM »
Something Awful is having their own version of the ResetERA.com uprising by transgender posters, killing off mods, deleting boards, making more strict rules banning words, trying to get Lowtax removed even though he does nothing already I guess, etc. They locked it down because people were making fun of it all. This has not stopped people from posting screenshots of everything. Don't know if there's a good summary anywhere, I've just seen it being talked about on a surprisingly wide variety of places. If I hadn't seen the start of it and it looking just like what happened at ResetERA.com a week before or something I probably would have been baffled. Never really been a SA follower or anything.

I see. I only read the SC thread and sometimes the Elon Musk thread which was basically the SC thread only the jpgs were of cars and trucks.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #2065 on: January 05, 2020, 11:25:40 PM »
They run some ancient and code clusterfuck of a forum so that might have something to do with them hiding everything instead of specific stuff I have no idea. That was actually the main thing that led to me reading about the uprising, there was a thread where people were making all these suggestions and the mods were like "oh, can't do that, it breaks the forum" on 95% of them. To delete threads or something they have to click these things in a certain order because any other method (like just deleting it from the mods thread menu) crashes the database. :lol

To get rid of one of the forums was causing the drama they have to migrate it to some certain state, then mark everything a certain way and then finally delete it. But the one operation actually takes days to run on the server.

Raist

« Reply #2066 on: January 06, 2020, 02:10:45 AM »

Ooooor this one:

Sounds to me like all the redacted is just the inevitable delay announcement, not anything juicer but I don't know IANAL*

*(I ANAL)

The context of the first quote clearly seems to be related to that, since it's basically "we wanted the lawsuit to happen this year since CIG said this is when SQ42 will launch, but...".

But I wonder if there is additional juicy stuff in the other redacted portions as well - half a page is redacted (p.3), it seems like it was a screencap of some of CIG's own documents.

Benji, get on it.

bluemax

« Reply #2067 on: January 06, 2020, 11:05:08 PM »
They run some ancient and code clusterfuck of a forum so that might have something to do with them hiding everything instead of specific stuff I have no idea. That was actually the main thing that led to me reading about the uprising, there was a thread where people were making all these suggestions and the mods were like "oh, can't do that, it breaks the forum" on 95% of them. To delete threads or something they have to click these things in a certain order because any other method (like just deleting it from the mods thread menu) crashes the database. :lol

To get rid of one of the forums was causing the drama they have to migrate it to some certain state, then mark everything a certain way and then finally delete it. But the one operation actually takes days to run on the server.

Crazy. I know they got rid of the crowd funding sub forum because the only active threads were SC and SOTA. Didn't seem like too big of a deal?
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2068 on: January 19, 2020, 11:06:56 AM »
Haven't followed the news recently. Some patches dropped. Some stuff has been completed. Servers are unstable. But that comment made me laugh :

They are pushing development out to 2023 in certain regards, which bodes well for longevity!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v11.529121/post-8250741
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2069 on: January 19, 2020, 06:12:04 PM »
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #2070 on: January 19, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »
"A developer that is backing their product for an enduring timeframe is awesome for gaming. Especially considering that gaming has dropped 15%."

What product?!

Another poster in that thread mentioned that SC is on its way to being still in development for its THIRD console generation. That's just ridiculous.
NO

Raist

« Reply #2071 on: January 21, 2020, 09:30:21 AM »
Another poster in that thread mentioned that SC is on its way to being still in development for its THIRD console generation. That's just ridiculous.

How about this one:

In the same time-frame, notorious delay-man Hideo Kojima:

- Announced and released Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain

- Released P.T out of fucking nowhere

- Got sacked from Konami

- Started his own studio from scratch

- Announced and released Death Stranding

benjipwns

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2073 on: January 21, 2020, 09:40:01 AM »
Bodes well for the longevity of Star Citizen!
©@©™

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2074 on: January 21, 2020, 01:21:37 PM »
“Repeated hate crimes against video games”   :lol :lol  That’s one salty as fuck admin (or whatever position it is that can close down subreddits).

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2075 on: January 21, 2020, 02:19:56 PM »
its not closed. the sub mods just set it to private and added that message. it'd have a big BANNED message if it was done by an admin.

bluemax

« Reply #2076 on: January 22, 2020, 12:37:58 AM »
I think the admin was a goon and the regular SC posters hated the refunds sub even more because of it.

How about this one:

In the same time-frame, notorious delay-man Hideo Kojima:

- Announced and released Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain

- Released P.T out of fucking nowhere

- Got sacked from Konami

- Started his own studio from scratch

- Announced and released Death Stranding

Just think what he could've have achieved without a publisher!
NO

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #2077 on: January 22, 2020, 12:41:06 AM »
my starcitizen refund paid for my plane ticket to mexico and then some ok typing this out is making me reconsider even hitting post should i do it? fuck it plz dont judge me  no do judge

bluemax

« Reply #2078 on: January 22, 2020, 12:47:43 AM »
my starcitizen refund paid for my plane ticket to mexico and then some ok typing this out is making me reconsider even hitting post should i do it? fuck it plz dont judge me  no do judge

I read an article a few years ago about the (now mostly dead) SC ship-reselling grey market, where people who couldn't get refunds had wised up and were selling their ships for real money to other people. Hearing about people selling some JPEGs and being able to buy a car was a thing. I spent enough time reading the SA thread to know there are super fans who are in for enough money to pay for a couple of years of law school or something. So hey, a couple hundred bucks is small potatos.
NO

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2079 on: January 22, 2020, 09:43:57 AM »
I would like to hear a story about a guy selling his SC ships and using the money to found a game studio and then making a game before SC was released.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #2080 on: January 22, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »
Everyone always wondered where Derek Smart's money came from. Turns out he sold his Star Citizen ships in 2037 to develop and build a time machine to go back in time and create the ultimate starship simulator series.

He actually comes from an alternate future where Despot Chris Roberts rules over a dystopian hellscape in which all things are Star Citizen. That's why he's so insistent on defeating it before it can rise to power.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:07:22 AM by benjipwns »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2081 on: January 27, 2020, 07:38:45 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2082 on: February 07, 2020, 08:26:03 AM »
https://massivelyop.com/2020/02/06/the-expanse-author-blasts-star-citizen-for-privacy-breach/

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1225115729558736897

https://twitter.com/petar_donchev/status/1225057394008436736

Meanwhile, the January report for Star Citizen is up for your inspection. In it, the devs covered improved combat AI, the final touches on microTech’s harsh moons, some half-eaten apples, and internal plans for the next quarter.

The glorious apples :
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v11.529121/post-8284105

Remind me of FF13 promos :lol
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2085 on: February 25, 2020, 06:47:40 AM »
Apologies if posted already. Just went through last weeks GuardFreq podcast (Friday 14th in Twitch) and noticed this bit about a new entity entering the fray. If I read this correctly CIG (or one of its multiple subsidiaries) would have entered into a contract (during 2017, with effective date early 2018) with an external (non CIG´s) UK based company and for that company to develop a game in behalf of CIG in exchange for an undisclosed upfront sum of money

Source in the below link.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v11.529121/post-8307262

Apparently Crytek and CI(G) settled the lawsuit. Terms of the agreement not disclosed.
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2086 on: February 25, 2020, 10:19:09 AM »
SQ42 re-re-re-reboot? Let's go.

Raist

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2089 on: February 27, 2020, 04:56:48 PM »
This shit is fucking stupid.

The core game that people wanted was essentially the FF7 Remake combat equivalent of EVE Online's FF7 combat. It's like EVE, but you're actually flying the ships. You're actually manning turrets. It's not point and click or whatever.

They could have released that core game by now, but every time I read about it, there's another stupid unnecessary feature that could have maybe, maybe been cool as an update to the core game a year or so after release.

At one point in time, maybe. But right now, and for the past handful of years, what they've been selling is a dream game, where you can do absolutely anything because absolutely everything is in the game and modeled simulation-style. The people who keep forking over millions of dollars a month don't want a cool space sim, they want the be-all, end-all scifi experience.
dog

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #2090 on: February 27, 2020, 06:36:43 PM »
Yeah the fantasy scenarios people are suggesting are just so fanciful and never going to happen - they never get old to read though.

Its always like " I cant wait for me and my friends to crashland our ship and start a trading outpost to repair it, we'll need fortifications to fight off hostile lifeforms and then a rival faction will come and develop a bioweapon and try and infect our base and we'll research a cure and and so on and so on...."

benjipwns

« Reply #2091 on: February 27, 2020, 09:14:52 PM »
I still love that Reddit thread where they were arguing over whether or not to be worried now about potential inevitable spiraling inflation when the player count gets over a billion or whatever.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #2092 on: February 27, 2020, 09:57:54 PM »
plz i need to see this thread begging you

benjipwns

« Reply #2093 on: February 27, 2020, 10:07:15 PM »
I can't find that going back in this thread but I found a really similar and much longer thread where a bunch of people worry about land speculators, corporations hogging all the land, certain users getting advantages in buying the plots, etc. when they start selling land on planets across the game's universe:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7g7q2z/please_read_the_qa_before_freaking_out_please/

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #2094 on: February 27, 2020, 10:07:33 PM »
bless up

benjipwns

« Reply #2095 on: February 27, 2020, 10:09:13 PM »
The inflation thing was similar, they were worried about the fact that selling ships now won't reflect "once the economy gets up and running" and so the current ships would spiral in value and destroy the currency or something. I read a thing a while back about about CCP and EVE had looked into similar potential issues and found that as long as the playerbase stays under ten million legitimate players you won't actually have this problem and a "central bank" with absolute powers like CIG/CCP can suppress it fairly easily until your active player count starts to hit a billion. And I guess CCP found they could never afford the server cost this would require anyway.

Raist

« Reply #2096 on: February 28, 2020, 12:18:52 PM »
You can now give your ship a fresh look, with new colours.

For $25 :lol
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: Ever wondered what 87 million dollars in crowd-funding looked like?
« Reply #2097 on: February 28, 2020, 01:18:30 PM »
EVE fans have been sweating bullets about this. :rofl
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #2098 on: February 29, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »
What a bargain.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2099 on: February 29, 2020, 04:08:57 PM »
Can't wait to get mine in 2027!
©@©™