Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 308851 times)

nudemacusers

Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #2280 on: July 03, 2020, 09:24:22 AM »
can't wait until the exegesis AI* finalizes so I can start a new space religion and recruit NPCs/other players.

*derived from bartender AI

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hkfv5j/hope_well_see_a_fps_repairs_to_ship_hulls_b_fps/
they keep requesting features lmao... CIG needs to develop some automated feature development tools to streamline all this feature development!
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2281 on: July 03, 2020, 10:42:07 AM »
can't wait until the exegesis AI* finalizes so I can start a new space religion and recruit NPCs/other players.

*derived from bartender AI

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hkfv5j/hope_well_see_a_fps_repairs_to_ship_hulls_b_fps/
they keep requesting features lmao... CIG needs to develop some automated feature development tools to streamline all this feature development!

FPS repair is what im looking most forward to. I mean, sure its nice being able to do massive repairs quick with a repair ship and its equipment. But IMO the same repairs should be doable by hand, taking longer and much less material efficient meaning if you have X amount of "ammo" for the repair tool/machine the FPS one would use more than the "fixed" equipment on a ship and also take longer (smaller beam = smaller area repaired when repairing). They did show the repairing was going to work with stripping damaged areas and then sort of 3d printing the plating back on. Looking forward to it.

And then on top of all this you have the fact you need spare components to replace broken components or you need the equipment to fix up the broken component, like the repair room in the carrack.

:walkaway
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2282 on: July 03, 2020, 12:00:38 PM »
What I’m most looking forward to is when the bartender AI has had a bad day and he takes an extra long time to get your drink because you remind him of his ex wife’s new boyfriend.
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #2283 on: July 03, 2020, 02:05:53 PM »
Tfw you bartender charges 20 citizenbux for a wells drink  :-\
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2284 on: July 03, 2020, 02:12:24 PM »
Based on what we knew going into the week, and some of the work we did on Alpha 3.8, we felt we could handle the near-term load during the event, but we underestimated the sheer number of people logging in to play. The reality is that we’ve known that our first-generation backend tech (that is rife with singletons) and inefficient data formats and usage patterns (on the client/server side) would have scalability challenges beyond a certain number of users. That’s why, for the last couple of years, we’ve had the Backend Team furiously working to remedy these issues, with the first fruits of those labors due to arrive in Q4 2020. The major mistake on our side was that we thought that our first-gen tech could hold out for another few quarters. In addition, we didn’t realize the impact that the first version of long-term persistence, activated in Alpha 3.8.1, would have on the size of the database fetches as we scaled up to unprecedented numbers of players. Since we don’t reset all player accounts with each new patch (unless we have to), and we don’t currently have limits on the number of items people can have, many players had thousands of items versus just a few dozen. The player load and the interim solutions for persistence all resulted in a perfect storm, causing server issues for a number of players.

:whatsthedeal

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17671-Invictus-Launch-Week-Alpha-39X-Postmortem
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #2285 on: July 03, 2020, 03:25:42 PM »
So here's the thing about something like that. Riot games had all kinds of terrible internal technical debt that they're still working their way out of, so it isn't unprecedented or anything. But they also scaled a lot slower and more gradually and they didn't try to make a life simulator. And they didn't charge $5000 for a picture of a Teemo skin.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2287 on: July 04, 2020, 05:23:41 PM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2288 on: July 04, 2020, 05:50:33 PM »
IIRC the money from the Calders was like $40 million for marketing of SQ42, which was supposed to be out... this year at the time of the investment.

By most napkin math calculations CIG have burned through that money and then some and the beta for SQ42 isn't happening this year without a miracle.

That's how Roberts presented it to the public and it was always a bit nonsensical though I guess it's possible the money is on account labelled SQ42 MARKETING DO NOT TOUCH.

Could the Calders have been bamboozled on the state of the game(s) ? I mean yeah, plenty of people with disposable income are in on the ride and billionaires are not superhuman smart and can be out of their own depth. I'm really skeptical they were naive enough to have all returns contingent on the actual release.

Since the Calder investment was disclosed in late 2018, the pace of the crowdfunding picked up by 26% in 2019 for a yearly total of 47m (if the numbers I'm reading in Polygon are correct) and 2020 is well on track to be their biggest year by a wide margin. I'd say it's not unlikely that the marketing & market research was amped up to maximise the fundraising efficiency, perhaps at the behest of the Calder investment...

The Star Citizen Refunds reddit had a discussion along the same lines. Is all speculation but a couple of people mention that the Calders apparently got 4% more of the company earlier that year (on top of the 10% they owned already by that point).

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/he6cqk/what_do_cigs_investors_get_from_this/

They also fixed a jitter offset computation error with unified raymarching so that it works in harmony with the guided filter denoiser, and added transmittance-weighted depth-computation, which controls the width of the denoise kernel tin guided filtering and raymarching up-sampling results.

:confused

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17630-Star-Citizen-Monthly-Report-May-2020
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:14:58 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

nudemacusers

« Reply #2290 on: July 04, 2020, 09:10:43 PM »
https://streamable.com/h3m76p

BARTENDER VIDEO
they had one job :stahp

CORRECTION:

why do you insist on being wrong all the time? name one game where you can go to a bar in-game and order a drink and one is taken out of the fridge and given to you. i'll wait.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2291 on: July 07, 2020, 10:27:32 AM »
Hello! Tell me please, will Server Meshing and OCS technologies be used in Squdron 42? At what level? Does the lack of these technologies influence the progress in the development of Squdron 42 and increase the necessary development time?

CIG Chad McKinney@CIG_ChadMcKinney

No server meshing, but SOCS is actually very important to S42 as in single player the client is effectively a server.

From the lastest Squadron 42 monthly report:

Time was also spent completing tasks for server mesh implementation.

I am confused.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hme4mo/comment/fx4vydo
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #2292 on: July 07, 2020, 11:20:11 AM »
it's vital and critical to the success of squadron 42 but in no way is it holding development back. everything is moving as planned.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2293 on: July 07, 2020, 03:36:15 PM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2294 on: July 08, 2020, 06:48:28 PM »
I don't think I ever told this but one day... 3 years ago at most ? I discovered a coworker (who worked in vidya at some point) was a Star Citizen backer while he was talking with another colleague. "They really decided to do this right." to paraphrase. He mentioned an outdated funding milestone (65m$ IIRC) so I think he was only keeping in touch very lightly with the ongoing development, he probably backed at some point and went on, confident it would be done when it's done. Didn't feel like getting into an actual IRL argument about it so I just cowardly didn't say anything...

I didn't know the guy this well but he had some direct or adjacent extensive experience with this sort of production and he never sounded any dumber than anyone (though opinionated and, I've been told, a bit know-it-all).

Reading the Canard PC threads is a bit weird. They put the boot down on excessive trolling. There's really a vibe mixing the patience of angels coupled with a willingful but unspoken obliviousness about some of the Soviet-sized red flags. I honestly don't know how you can deny, even being charitable and optimistic, that CIG is navigating this Tower of Babel project blindly and that they repeatedly misrepresented their progress so often that it's all in good faith.

:larry
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2295 on: July 09, 2020, 09:29:23 AM »
Posting those for the lulz though they always come with a metric ton of salt...

From TheAgent on the SA forums:
- work from home has been a "huge hurdle" to overcome, per half a dozen different people
- problems with security and remote access to work stations continue to be an issue
- "There's days when (VPN/servers) are down two, three, four hours."
some feel the initial response to CV19 was poor due to crunch-like mentality
- "You come in. You're sick, it's what you do, not a big deal."
"People were still coming in to work, sick, or knowing someone that was ill."
- some communication from upper management/executives now almost non-existent
- guidance on tasks and workflow left up to non-management, depending on department
- several German/UK employees have left to positions elsewhere, outside of gaming
- Turbulent helping with Theaters of War/SQ42, additional coding help with SC in-game events and cinematics
- new investor buy in Q2 this year, NOT Calders supposedly
- "Nothing runs like we have all this money."
- Invictus Launch Week was supposed to coincide with the release of Theaters of War and 4.0
- variables that determine new flight mechanics have to be adjusted on a per ship basis
- "We are moving away from that system in the near future, thankfully."
- Yet another next-gen console rumor: "Expect the announcement for multiple platforms." (this is the Nth loving time I've heard this lol)
- quarterly updates to investors re: SQ42 have stalled, last update was early Q1
- these are supposed to include gameplay, cutscene and progress updates for the 2020 launch
- "soft-launch" or SQ42 prelude contains three to four hours of linear gameplay with an additional two hours of cutscenes, with some repeatable content across "open-world" planets
this was meant to test the console waters at a lower price point ($39.99) with additional chapters and the full game offered at a discount after the first buy-in (when released)
- target is one million sold in first 48 hours, additional four million sold within 30 days, digital sales only

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v12.548510/post-8582190
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2296 on: July 09, 2020, 05:58:08 PM »
As part of our commitment to open and transparent development, we’ll be regularly sharing these infographics with you to illustrate how our community’s current play habits provide us with valuable data that we use to shape and balance the Persistent Universe.

Valuable data infographics
[close]

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17682-Fashion-In-The-Verse
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2297 on: July 13, 2020, 12:48:12 PM »
©@©™

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2298 on: July 13, 2020, 04:24:11 PM »
They should just change the name to Bar Citizen.

:corona_rodney
WDW

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2299 on: July 13, 2020, 04:35:18 PM »
They should just change the name to Bar Citizen.

:corona_rodney

ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2301 on: July 13, 2020, 06:57:06 PM »
If you think those winds are strong, you should see my mother-in-law.  :corona_rodney
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2302 on: July 13, 2020, 07:16:02 PM »
If you think those winds are strong, you should see my mother-in-law.  :corona_rodney

Mother-in-law AI soon to.be incorporated as a test bed for the most ruthless enemies in the game.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #2303 on: July 13, 2020, 07:38:03 PM »
If you don't turn off the engines before leaving your ship, your maneuvering thrusters remain active and ready to fire at all times. Since wind was introduced, gusts have pushed hard enough to rock the ship off its landing gear which seems to trigger IFCS into attempting to maintain VTOL and away it goes. I don't know if I'd classify it as a bug as much as I'd classify it as IFCS not understand that wind is a thing now and assuming that the ship only leaves the ground because the pilot asked for it.

I'm not sure if this is what's happening or if there's something about the wind ignoring ship mass instead.

A character doesn't move an inch but ships get blown off because something strong winds something ifcs vtol something something :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2304 on: July 13, 2020, 07:40:40 PM »
If you don't turn off the engines before leaving your ship, your maneuvering thrusters remain active and ready to fire at all times. Since wind was introduced, gusts have pushed hard enough to rock the ship off its landing gear which seems to trigger IFCS into attempting to maintain VTOL and away it goes. I don't know if I'd classify it as a bug as much as I'd classify it as IFCS not understand that wind is a thing now and assuming that the ship only leaves the ground because the pilot asked for it.

I'm not sure if this is what's happening or if there's something about the wind ignoring ship mass instead.

A character doesn't move an inch but ships get blown off because something strong winds something ifcs vtol something something :lol

to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Star Citizen
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2305 on: July 14, 2020, 02:40:26 AM »
"Shit I'm out of ice cubes ! Reloading"
"Tap in the hole ! Flush him out !"
"Cover me ! I'm serving that table from the flank."
"Who is this Nomansky-Coke for ? Scanning room, asking for reinforcements."
"An explosion ? Huh. Probably nothing."
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2307 on: July 14, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »
basically on schedule
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #2308 on: July 14, 2020, 04:36:59 PM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/no-sq42-video-no-sq42-roadmap-no-pu-roadmap-past-3/218431
What I find funny is that if people could accept information without a huge uprising because they are not fans of some decisions... we would most likely already had all these things.

They already said that SQ42 video is delayed because they wanna make it properly and that they don't wanna put any label with date on it.
Same goes for SQ42 roadmap, it's connected to mentioned video.
PU roadmap? Community proved again and again that it can't handle delays at all, so why making anything further down the road public? They will share only info they are super sure about because anything else that gets changed light the spectrum on fire.
And they very well communicated the delay on 3.10, buggy mess is probably something you saw leaked somewhere, which just proves that NDA is needed because some kids can't really handle anything these days.

So, in the end... only thing you're doing here, is showing the ugly side of the community, that part that is impatient, doesn't understand a single thing about development of any kind and that any information we get, gets twisted and used against CIG.

Asking "when" for every single roadmap update, patch, ship, functionality, content, video and basically every single piece of information was always popular and it never got any response whatsoever.
In past CIG tried to share things freely, where they would tell us when they plan what and what is the progress, the huge amount of backlash from community for them not delivering what they hoped to achieve made them to close in, not share any info. And again a huge backlash from community forced them to change again.
No we are in state where they try to share only things they are very sure to be able to deliver. And still people whine and cry about every delay, not enough info etc. I know that people are hungry for more, I am too... but going through 5 posts a day about the same topic makes these forums worthless. The info is already out there, and until CIG says otherwise it's valid.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 04:41:35 PM by benjipwns »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2309 on: July 14, 2020, 04:47:16 PM »
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/star-citizen-discussion-thread-v12.548510/post-8590347

Quote from: Patch notes
Testing Focus
High speed combat changes
Turret gameplay
New Targeting Method

Known Issues
Targeting another ship will cause the client to crash
Targeting pips are missing
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2310 on: July 16, 2020, 11:52:38 AM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/cig-reddit-shouldn-t-be-the-best-source-of-info

Sorry OP but this has been hashed over for years. The fact that you have a healthy post count and have been a backer for a few years negates that this is a new subject to you.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #2312 on: July 16, 2020, 07:22:49 PM »
I was impressed has how great the bartenders animations are for a v1. He even go where you are, even if you move between order which is pretty nice.

Bonus: Regulars npc's speak now and ask for drinks too! The first time, i though that it was a player with VOIP because the audio is so loud but no at all. And the bartenders take their orders like normal.
Interesting here. If you look at the recent Cyberpunk 2077 footage, you'll notice the bartender mixes the drink behind the bar, probably because it's not an actual animation.
Skyrim AI does nothing like this. You think rather superficially.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2313 on: July 16, 2020, 10:08:22 PM »
where is the fluid motion a la alyx?

someone send this to CIG and delay the game another 1+ year :teehee
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #2314 on: July 16, 2020, 10:13:00 PM »
ris Robert's vision is to make a fully fledged space simulator, where you're just a fully realized random citizen trying to make their way in the verse, hence the name. Unlike ED, which is a space "simulator" of the milky way galaxy where you can explore the entire galaxy without ever leaving your ship / car, the goal is to make everything feel as realistic as possible (assuming technology advances of course). Your character will have to eat, drink, clean and clothe themsleves based on how they want to be perceived by NPCs. Cargo will be visibly loaded and unloaded by crew and machines and will take real time, where you can make it go faster by physically helping unload.
I've waited for cargo to be unloaded from a C-17 this sounds terrible.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

bluemax

« Reply #2315 on: July 16, 2020, 10:39:05 PM »
If the game worked the way Citizens think it would work it would be the most loving boring game ever made.
NO

bluemax

« Reply #2316 on: July 21, 2020, 02:59:21 AM »
NO

nudemacusers

« Reply #2317 on: July 21, 2020, 09:50:23 AM »
this is just a WIP testing for having a bartender accompany you on your ship

still no sq42 vid tho :teehee
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2318 on: July 21, 2020, 10:12:03 AM »
I hope SQ42 is cancelled, no true Citizen wanted it anyway, this will just free up more resources for the PU. :rejoice
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2319 on: July 22, 2020, 06:35:29 AM »
Dude, seriously ? Can we please, please get over that lame ass "SQ42 video" trolling ? A bunch of trolls, supported by a handful of honest but clueless backers, raised a racket as if they would expect that the next SQ42 video would provide them with the answer to all questions in the universe, the meaning of life, etc.
I expect that the next video will probably be the teaser trailer for SQ42 beta, which btw will with 99.9% certainty not be a public beta test but merely an announcement by CIG that SQ42 is now in beta, full stop.
What other SQ42 video could there be ? "We are currently working full speed at SQ42, putting SC on a backburner so we can keep our schedule for Q4 2020 betatest ?"
Well we know that without a video, don't we ? So hat's the point ? At this point this racket about another SQ42 is just a stupid tantrum in my opinion. If people disagree, fine, just keep in mind that your outrage is far from a universal feeling in the community.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2320 on: July 22, 2020, 06:52:26 AM »
Good. The cesspool that is spectrum need to learn to follow the rules and not brigade a thread meant to be about 3.10 features with off topic comments

Official forums are a cesspool of haters. :lol

ὕβρις

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #2321 on: July 22, 2020, 10:31:41 PM »
tbh seems like a bartender/bar simulator might be a decent spinoff pivot for the COVID era? :lucille
QED

nudemacusers

« Reply #2323 on: July 25, 2020, 09:20:04 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hx9xbp/crusader_orison_landing_zone_delayed_to_q1q2_2021/
lmao they have to bring the stuff up to the 'new standard'. working for this guy must be a miserable experience. starting to believe the only people really gung-ho about this game are engineer types who are happy to endlessly iterate on a product sans outside evaluation. explains a lot of the focus on 'tech' (who cares?) and the ceaseless fan theorizing about emergent gameplay (when everything is still broken).

maybe those 'suits' have a value-add after all :thinking
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2325 on: July 25, 2020, 06:57:57 PM »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #2326 on: July 28, 2020, 01:04:39 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2327 on: July 28, 2020, 01:15:49 PM »
The people still contributing to CIG's $100k/day revenue seem happy.

I recall last year in the dog days of summer we typically had donations around $30k/day, often even less.

Whatever CIG is doing now, they're doing it right as far as money is concerned. Why risk fucking that up because some people who aren't giving them money are complaining? How immeasurably stupid would they have to be to cave to internet demands when the money tells them everything is ok?

I don't think they would be in business to this day if they attempted to quell every internet uproar about them.

:mindblown
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2329 on: July 28, 2020, 07:36:33 PM »
Al-Qaida in PC Gaming (AQIPG) has a message :

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hzi18q/your_suffering_is_exactly_why_i_backed_this_game/

Long ago, a storm was heading for the city of Quin'lat. Everyone took protection within the walls except one man who remained outside. Kahless went to him and asked what he was doing. "I am not afraid," the man said. "I will not hide my face behind stone and mortar. I will stand before the wind and make it respect me." Kahless honored his choice and went back inside. The next day, the storm came, and the man was killed. Kahless replied, "The wind does not respect a fool".

:picard
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2330 on: July 29, 2020, 03:39:15 AM »
So backers and public outcry managed to extract something out of CI(G) :

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/squadron-42-roadmap-update/3260782

Ultimately, we decided that it wasn’t good enough to show, even for a “scrappy” video that was not meant to be a marketing sizzle trailer. However, before that “stop ship” message could permeate our entire marketing org, we had moved forward with a public publish date.

Therefore, our SQ42 art team could only work on capturing new footage after normal work hours. Add to the mix that key personnel were actually out sick for over a week, and you can see how our schedule kept getting pushed back further and further.

The SQ42 video is still coming (probably in the next few weeks), along with an assortment of other updates, including an overhaul to our Public Roadmap.

The new Roadmap is something we hinted at in March but because that is still very much in development

In the immediate future, we plan to deliver the following communications:
1 - Give an explanation of the goals of our new Roadmap and what to expect from it
2 - Show a rough mockup of the proposed new Roadmap
3 - Share a work in progress version of the Roadmap for at least one of our core teams
4 - And then finally transition to this new Roadmap
We’ll approach them in the order above, and we’ll likely need a few weeks between steps

:itagaki
Gotta love the defensive tone too.

"Here's 4 steps that will need 2 weeks between each step so 8-10 weeks total if I'm being honest as a release date to a roadmap" isn't the communication I wanted but it IS communication and I'm thrilled you guys are actually talking to us. So thanks for that.

This is my gripe also - if we are supposed to be in beta in a few months, then surely the road map posted in a few weeks would be completely barren except for the last two dev sprints, "enter beta" and then merely bug fixing for a quarter or two. Surely this does not entail having to invent a brand new road map communication system to communicate?
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2331 on: July 29, 2020, 04:01:06 AM »
This is like the most ridiculous train wreck of a development I have ever seen and I'm already $4k into pledges for these games.

ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2332 on: July 29, 2020, 08:47:34 AM »
"Wait for SQ42" has been replaced with "Wait for the development roadmap" :neogaf
dog

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2333 on: July 29, 2020, 09:01:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cig-release-statement-on-squadron-42-lack-of-communication.257874/#post-41061825

Quote from: Naga, post: 41061825, member: 59598
Pretty transparent as usual (as much as can be done without leaking important parts obviously). Those roadmap changes were talked about for months, the pressure is pushing them to do it faster now.

Well known how much of a perfectionist Chris Roberts is, so hopefully they convince him to greenlight the video at some point...

edit: looks like it's already shitposting time, time to leave.

Margs

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2334 on: July 29, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »
The SQ42 video is still coming (probably in the next few weeks), along with an assortment of other updates, including an overhaul to our Public Roadmap.

The video is only a few weeks behind on development, at most.
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #2335 on: July 29, 2020, 06:34:20 PM »
I give this thing another year lmao.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #2336 on: July 29, 2020, 08:03:39 PM »
I'm starting to think maybe it can just go on indefinitely this way?  ??? 
like ... maybe they're just giving the backers what they want. they don't really want a concrete product with concrete limitations that can be criticized, they want to enjoy the game development theater while fantasizing about the ultimate space sim that will let them do everything they want.
video games are already fantasy to begin with, right? so if you can sell fantasizing about being a space pilot, why can't you sell fantasizing about fantasizing about being a space pilot?
QED

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2337 on: July 29, 2020, 08:07:36 PM »
Classic sunk-cost fallacy situation.
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2338 on: July 29, 2020, 08:39:05 PM »
like ... maybe they're just giving the backers what they want. they don't really want a concrete product with concrete limitations that can be criticized, they want to enjoy the game development theater while fantasizing about the ultimate space sim that will let them do everything they want.
video games are already fantasy to begin with, right? so if you can sell fantasizing about being a space pilot, why can't you sell fantasizing about fantasizing about being a space pilot?
Because of meanies who delight in popping their bubble. :'(

bluemax

« Reply #2339 on: July 30, 2020, 12:09:06 AM »

That's pretty much exactly what it is at this point. They can't possibly deliver everything they've promised and every backer's dream is different.
NO