Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 306938 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #900 on: January 23, 2017, 03:02:05 PM »
:trumps
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #901 on: January 23, 2017, 04:04:02 PM »
My son wanted in on this and spent $35 on a space ship only to find out he can't really do anything with it. This was about a week ago.
©ZH

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #902 on: January 23, 2017, 05:26:43 PM »
My son wanted in on this and spent $35 on a space ship only to find out he can't really do anything with it. This was about a week ago.

I tried to warn you  :-\
Well, he'll get to play a kickass MMO in 2025... maybe.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #903 on: January 25, 2017, 04:10:54 AM »
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #904 on: January 25, 2017, 11:42:17 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228975559&postcount=8203

I guess games like RimWorld and Don't Starve got people thinking this stuff is that easy.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #905 on: January 26, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
Latest gossip from Something Awful. Probably bullshit, maybe not #fakenews

spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=5068312&viewfull=1#post5068312

Over to the SA forums for some news from The Agent.

post 1

no sq42 episode this year

prelude is gone

3.0 is a maybe, but looking like 2018 or very, very late 2017 with a lot of features cut

lol

post 2

expect a lot of vids and promos and demos but no actual updates to the game

get a refund now, right now

post 3

lemme fluff that up for you

all that was told to me by a current, actual CIG employee still with the company

they will be leaving at the end of the month

post 4

part of the reasons for the layoffs/mass leaving is that CIG wanted to renegotiate with people, which included having people quit and then be rehired at lower salaries with ****tier benefits

needless to say there's not a whole lot of good will there at the moment

EDIT:

post 5

all the core dreamers actually just got paid out huge bonuses in december for reupping thier contracts for another 18m

this also includes a non compete clause for 5 ******* years lol, with huge bonuses on each milestone release
[close]
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #906 on: January 26, 2017, 06:50:39 PM »
Latest promo video released today, with a lot of AI (talk). Some backers are starting to get worried about that...
Personally I think it's a safe bet that neither SQ42 nor SC3.0 (defined as having all the features promised end of last year) will ship this year. They'll probably have a SC3.0 scaled back though. SQ42 I'm fairly confident there would be a proper marketing ramp-up, demos and trailers a year or so before release. I would also expect their economic model to run into serious problems if that's the case but I'm not in their financials so pure speculation and wet finger in the wind.
We'll see. :yeshrug

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qcrch/star_citizen_around_the_verse_engineering/dcy83iu/

If they are still working on the tools to make the AI to begin with then there is no AI for the devs to get working in the first place. You have to have the tools before the devs can have something to build with it. Then and only after that, there has to be content creation. Zurovec just indicated that they haven't started creating quests yet. AI alone will not build that by virtue of existence. What this means is that there never was a SQ42 demo/slice, there is no work being done on 3.0 (that was all scripted in the CryEditor with a guy sitting there with a mouse and stick basically lipsyncing for the sole benefit of driving the concept sale) and none of these things will even be close to finished or released this year or next.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qcrch/star_citizen_around_the_verse_engineering/dcya38h/

The architecture team working on 3.0 tool sets haven't yet turned it over to the rest of the team. Tony states this pretty plainly and at the end of the episode, Chris Roberts reiterates it, saying:

"Once we have the foundation in place, we will be able to tie it in to the mission manager and the mission system itself and create some really emergent and immersive scenarios."

Unsurprisingly this means no work has yet been done on mission design for 3.0, an overdue admission made perhaps a little less painful by the promise that the tools in development should at least make the creation of missions a less arduous task for the rest of the developers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qcrch/star_citizen_around_the_verse_engineering/dcydnrl/

I can't find the actual quote (because it was from waaay back near early 2013), but CR had said during an interview that "building Star Citizen will be as hard as going to the moon [for the very first time]". (...) Let's also not forget the time when John Carmack himself (of id Software fame) confessed to the aerospace industry that "the work that I do in video games is actually far more complicated than the aerospace work".

Obviously lives are typically on the line in the aerospace industry, but from a technical/engineering standpoint I think it's pretty clear how difficult engineering Star Citizen has been, and will continue to be.

So props to the keyboard wizards at CIG for getting us back to the moon.

:what

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qcrch/star_citizen_around_the_verse_engineering/dcyc9p6/

When Tony talked about players being able "to form long lasting relationships with NPCs" I laughed out loud, anticipating the absurd lengths to which our theorycrafting will go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qcrch/star_citizen_around_the_verse_engineering/dcybrhj/

More great theory crafting.. hope we see some actual gameplay of it sometime this year.

Would you say that to Chris Roberts's face?

:badass

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5qcrch/star_citizen_around_the_verse_engineering/dcya6p9/

At least it will be more eventful than my life

ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #907 on: January 26, 2017, 11:35:54 PM »
So we are 5 years in and they still don't even have tools to create content for one aspect of their bloated multi game package that was supposed to just be a really nice, modern space sim.

This is basically what would happen if you took any neogaffer and gave them a never ending budget to make whatever they wanted. It makes Duke Nukem Forever look well managed.
NO

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #908 on: January 27, 2017, 12:27:29 AM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/819983982767046660

So it isn't about exposing CIG, its about Derek's ego.

I don't follow his ramblings, but from what I've absorbed at a distance, this is consistently true for Smart. Has he talked about whether or not he's on the autism spectrum?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #909 on: January 27, 2017, 05:00:41 AM »
I don't follow his ramblings, but from what I've absorbed at a distance, this is consistently true for Smart. Has he talked about whether or not he's on the autism spectrum?

He'd probably claim preemptively being the best at it.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #910 on: January 27, 2017, 06:34:31 PM »
TotalBiscuit has a video on SC. He thinks everything is fine and that it's the most open development he witnessed.

TheAgent is claiming that some employees have walked out of the LA branch. Those are always "meh" to verify so shrug.
More interesting is that he claims that CIG will maybe sell a limited edition spaceship that would be exclusive (never to be sold in game). Claims it would be "a new huge ship thing for $3000, comes with 4 smaller ships with new LE variants specifically for that ship.". That one would be easier to confirm in the future even if CIG changes some of the parameters.

As I said, I post TheAgent stuff because the gossip -true or false- is entertaining but really as far as the authenticity it's really :larry .
I mean in the one I posted upthread, he claims key employees got 18m in bonuses, surely that would mean CIG has some cash-on-hand even if they were living month to month on the flowing revenue.

CIG released a concept art today. As per the tradition, some of the assets looks weirdly familiar... (though not as bad as the released concept art that was watermarked all over :lol). The base is arguable because it's a rather common SF design, but the nebula is definitely lifted.

That's the sneak peek released today by CIG :

Source : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/e8wq5b3ltekshr/source/Concept.jpg

That, as far as I can tell, a Destiny wallpaper :

A goon made this.
[close]

That's from EVE :

Source : https://evetravel.wordpress.com/visible-nebulae-in-new-eden/immensea-5/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:06:51 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #911 on: January 27, 2017, 06:53:41 PM »
How are they so shameless with this shit? :picard

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #912 on: January 27, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »
The thing is, a lot of concept folks will very quickly combine stuff from other sources to bang out concepts and establish tone. If stuff is heavily cribbed, they are generally not intended to be released. I guess CIG never got the memo.

BTW, having a concept guy who can will bang out concept stuff from zero is kind of rare (and time-consuming), though they definitely exist.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #913 on: January 27, 2017, 08:09:38 PM »
I mean yeah, we all know that anything goes for internal use documents. What's baffling is that they release that stuff unfiltered without even making a good job covering their tracks : Flip the nebula 180° and mirror it at least !
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #914 on: January 31, 2017, 06:38:01 PM »
Well oops I guess  :trumps

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7499151/#Comment_7499151

Quote from: Ben Parry, dev at CIG
With the new Lumberyard Engine and its easier to use integration functions, will we be seeing more talk of possibly moving back toward VR support for this game? My Dream is Star Citizen, a VR Treadmill and a VR Headset.

Hi @SaturnSquared. Sorry to say, do not hold your breath for this. Ignoring the render tech for VR itself (which given the work we've done, would definitely be a read-and-rewrite job, not a merge-this-file job), making a game properly VR compliant takes a lot of work at the design and testing level regardless of the engine used. We'd probably need to get the framerate up a bit higher too, come to think of it.

He's "clarifying" a few posts later but it certainly reads like a lot of work is still needed for any VR implementation.

http://www.roadtovr.com/star-citizen-to-refocus-on-vr-support-in-early-2016/

Quote from: Croberts in December 2015
In an end-of-year livestream by Roberts Space Industries in December, the question of VR support was posed to CEO Chris Roberts who said that the company would be refocusing efforts on VR support in early 2016. VR community regular David “Mageoftheyear” Watson kindly transcribed Roberts’ response for us:
The status of VR integration is that we’ve been pretty busy with getting [Alpha] 2.0 [out] and we’re trying to get 2.1 so I would say we still have some stuff to integrate from the most recent CryEngine drops. They’ve been actually doing quite a lot of VR, I’m pretty sure you guys have noticed that they’ve completely doubled down and they’re all VR now.
So there are some updates on VR that we need to integrate in. It’s a little more complicated because we’ve changed the engine so much, we’ve changed the rendering pipeline to enable us to do a lot of things that we need to do so it’s not very easy. Nowadays we’ve diverged from CryEngine where we don’t take regular updates from them any more although we will cherry pick certain features that maybe we’re not working on that we think would help out well and VR is a good example of that.
So it’s really just a matter of getting some engineering time in the Frankfurt team. The Frankfurt team… [includes many of] the guys that originally did the VR work at Crytek so they know it pretty well but I would be expecting it to get up to speed with the most recent [VR] stuff sometime early next year.

Edit : Also in August 2015 :trumps

https://youtu.be/f8DX2VEeREY?t=6m48s
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:31:44 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #915 on: February 01, 2017, 04:19:50 AM »
Some artful slalom maneuvers around the point by Ben Parry.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7500295/#Comment_7500295

Quote from: Ben Parry
I really did just mean "don't assume that just because of a bullet point engine feature, that it's suddenly right around the corner". Similar to if someone had asked whether the engine change means we might suddenly start releasing builds for consoles or something.
I'm a big fan of VR too, and as and when it gets too the front of the schedule I hope I get to work on it.

Many of the problems you find with VR, from my experience at least, are only detectable once you have the technological components in place. Some you kick yourself for not spotting at the design stage, but others are just... something looks unexpectedly flat, something else sends you crosseyed when you try to focus on it. Some piece of camera work reliably makes people queasy, while another sequence that breaks all the best-practice guidelines somehow doesn't.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, my point was that some of the key obstacles to VR support aren't about whether the engine has the technical capability for it. That kind of thinking leads to, well, this guy explains it better than I do. I'd prefer we don't accidentally and permanently ruin anyone's ability to enjoy VR.

It's not anywhere "the front of the schedule" and it reads a bit like it never was as far as Ben Parry (Graphics lead) is aware. Integrating the VR rendering would be more of a "rewrite" (of their already "heavily customised code", to paraphrase CIG usual lexicon) than a "merge". It's a lot of work at the "design" level. Framerate is too low in the current state of the game anyway.

It's hard not to read that as vindication of the skeptics. Seems to be a rather consensual opinion that good VR use must be planned from the ground up and that everything CIG did in the meantime (since the very small period of time where track IR and VR worked in game with the baseline Cryengine) flew in the face of what you would expect in a VR game.

As a reminder, this was in the original kickstarter page :
"Virtual Reality is here!

We have backed Oculus Rift and will support it in Star Citizen / Squadron 42. Who doesn't want to sit in their cockpit, hands on your joystick and throttle, swiveling your head, to track that enemy fighter that just blew by?"

But maybe Rift will be discontinued before SQ42 releases so they can safely drop that feature :yeshrug
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #916 on: February 01, 2017, 09:10:49 AM »

Someone should put a muzzle on Ben Parry before he keeps concerning people over goals and engine changes.

Most open development ever !

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229493386&postcount=8267

“Several years from now, when you are surrounded by your loved ones, and they ask you what did you do during the battle for Space Sims and PC games, you can look them in the eye and say; I helped make Star Citizen.”

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14839-Letter-From-The-Chairman

:usacry

“Several years from now, when you are surrounded by your loved ones, and they ask you what did you do during the battle for Space Sims and PC games, you can look them in the eye and say; Star Citizen is coming out of alpha just fine and you'd get that if you understood game development”
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #917 on: February 02, 2017, 12:12:23 AM »
Squadron 42 episode 1, because surely there will be multiple episodes.

Wasn't Squadron 42 the original pitch?
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #918 on: February 02, 2017, 03:57:16 AM »
Well, the official line is that they cut the original game in three parts (or something along those lines) so in absolute they're just serving piecemeal from a single cake in the oven.

The Kickstarter page already has a lot on the multiplayer and is labeled as Star Citizen. But the first multiplayer elements were originally among early stretchgoals.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #919 on: February 02, 2017, 11:38:29 AM »
CONCERNING
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:37:03 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #921 on: February 02, 2017, 05:50:54 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if others were funding saboteurs to infiltrate and undermine this.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #922 on: February 03, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »
Some more watermark craziness :

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7504902/#Comment_7504902

that's copyright infringement?
looks like anything i'd see if i were to be so low as to walk into a walmart...
for cereal?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7504922/#Comment_7504922

Maybe that site stole it from CIG and are trying to claim the opposite.....

:derp

And some whaling missions :

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7502933/#Comment_7502933

I just find it funny people have sunk thousands and I personally met one of the biggest donors who's in for around a million dollars if not more in a game that's not even close to finished for ships that not even CiG knows the actual in game value of. I imagine there's going to be an ocean of tears a month after launch day when the cognitive dissonance sets in.

:doge
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #923 on: February 03, 2017, 06:54:03 PM »
Some old stuff :

:donot
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #924 on: February 03, 2017, 08:04:42 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #925 on: February 04, 2017, 07:19:16 AM »
They're still shooting motion capture :mindblown

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPiJMTGDHn7/

Motion Capture work for #squadron42

1 week ago.
And apparently located in Ealing, so probably at Serkis's studio.

EDIT : A backer on Reddit ran into Chris and Erin Roberts recently in a London pub too.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #926 on: February 07, 2017, 02:46:55 AM »
Slow news those days (weeks, months... years ?). A couple of French backers on CanardPC -biggest gaming PC outlet here- are still daydreaming that the so-called "StarEngine" (the CryEngine "heavily modified by CIG") is somehow a hot commercial commodity.

Hopes shattered probably for good by the Amazon Lumberyard licensing agreement :

https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/faq/?nc1=h_ls

Q. Can I take Lumberyard and make my own game engine and distribute it?
No. While you may maintain an internal version of Lumberyard that you have modified, you may not distribute that modified version in source code form, or as a freestanding game engine to third parties. You also may not use Lumberyard to distribute your own game engine, to make improvements to another game engine, or otherwise compete with Lumberyard or Amazon GameLift.

Not that it is anything new, I imagine Crytek (and most of the major other engines) had similar provisions in place. The whole dreamcrafting around "Star Engine" always reeked of severe delusions until the game demonstrates something concrete.

New narrative : Amazon is lusting over this, no doubt, revolutionary engine.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #928 on: February 09, 2017, 02:19:14 AM »
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7514585/#Comment_7514585

This will likely have a dependency on the 'room system' being developed in LA so it's something we intend to address later in the year, and is a required feature for both 3.0 and Squadron 42.

Cheers,

Ali Brown - Director of Graphics Engineering
ὕβρις

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #929 on: February 09, 2017, 06:21:37 AM »
Why are there watermarks in the pics?  :lol

I remember I sold someone a cover picture once for their magazine and they kept complaining that its too small, took like 12 mails and me directly talking to the designer to figure out they were using a tiny preview image I never seny them  :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #930 on: February 09, 2017, 10:37:01 AM »
Why are there watermarks in the pics?  :lol

I remember I sold someone a cover picture once for their magazine and they kept complaining that its too small, took like 12 mails and me directly talking to the designer to figure out they were using a tiny preview image I never seny them  :lol

Because they lifted the pictures from the internetz directly?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #931 on: February 09, 2017, 11:45:24 AM »
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7514585/#Comment_7514585

This will likely have a dependency on the 'room system' being developed in LA so it's something we intend to address later in the year, and is a required feature for both 3.0 and Squadron 42.

Cheers,

Comment removed for being too CONCERNING.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #932 on: February 10, 2017, 04:21:06 AM »

Cheers,

Comment removed for being too CONCERNING.

Comment is still actually there, the CIG dev just deleted the earlier one to repost it under his official and not personal account :
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7516130/#Comment_7516130

Meanwhile...

ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #933 on: February 10, 2017, 04:25:53 PM »
Backfiring thread
Why CIG does NOT lie to you

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5t6zzt/why_cig_does_not_lie_to_you/

:hans1

Otherwise, some of the CIG devs will be at a PC Gamer event :
http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-and-squadron-42-will-take-to-the-stage-at-the-pc-gamer-weekender/

Kudos to CIG for having sold a "info running" ship and a "news van" one back then tho :
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/44q37x/possibilities_of_the_herald/
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4m0zbg/what_is_a_news_van_in_space_good_for/

Some pretty lovely brainstorming for stuff that will be a bitch to make real mechanics out of...

I'm hoping for some gameplay options for the Herald that will reward real-world tech skill somehow. Maybe some kind of a scripting language you can use for offensive and defensive programs. Perhaps writing and selling them could be an in-game career...

they have actually stated that a while ago, that all in game news at bars etc your in ship radio will be real time in game. originally i think they said CIG moderators would be the primary users of the news vans, like the cig media team would be in game as the news corporations covering player events, kinda like EVE does with player wars and stuff. pretty sure public use of them is secondary.

Recording and reporting the news? Investigations? Doing clan based promo videos etc IN Engine? Streaming through twitch via some kind of built in game function versus external programs... etc etc etc...

Latest wild rumors :

Quote from: TheAgent on SA
sq42 is totally folded into the PU (think gamemode like AC or SM)
sqlude "grossly mismanaged" and not due until 2018 or very late 2017
"A working 3.0 is years away."
features "are being cut like sliced bread" in order to hit this year
"Biggest failure? Communication."
more mocap for integral roles
"Current funding is completely insufficient. Backers need to reach deep if they want to see a beta release."
[close]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:44:24 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #934 on: February 11, 2017, 03:37:10 AM »
The January Monthly Report :
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15704-Monthly-Studio-Report

Selected quotes :
The Backend Team has been hard at work on a massive project to refactor our entire backend infrastructure to a new architecture we’re calling Diffusion. Diffusion will be a truly cloud-oriented service architecture that will help improve high scalability and availability for our services. It will be powered by a top level “coordination” layer written in a proprietary language developed by our Lead Server Engineer, Jason Ely.

In addition to developing Diffusion, the Backend Team has been supporting UI Team in implementing the new in-game Leaderboards.

Calix prototyped how players could interact with the world and items

We’ve also continued working on creating more clothes for our shops and building outfits for new NPCs that will soon be seen on our various planets.

The Narrative team has been continuing to meet with designers at the various studios to chip away at narrative needs for 3.0, like fleshing out the mission stories we’ll be able to generate for players and looking at the various storytelling possibilities for the various environments. We’ve also embarked on a significant task of starting to build a database of text needs for Squadron 42 which will outline any terminals, Galactapedia entries, etc. that need to be in-game.

We’ve also been having weekly discussions with Britton, our esteemed xenolinguist, who’s continuing to build out the Xi’an language. These conversations have led to some deeper dives into the Xi’an society, so hopefully we’ll be able to reveal some of that to you soon.

early iterations of Item 2.0

The majority of the ATX Design Team’s time the past couple months has been spent defining details for PU “Shop Archetypes” (some examples include Clothing Shop, Bar, Security Kiosk, Hospital, etc.) and creating design documents outlining details that are specific to each archetype. Each type of shop will have universal requirements that will apply across every shop of a specific type and this will help us save time in the long run when we then drill down into specific shop locations for upcoming landing zones and space stations.

We’ve also been busy building the pillars of what will become our first iteration of the PU Economy by establishing various details concerning in-game commodity types, trade routes within the Stanton System, and white/black markets.

We kicked off the new year by putting some new to be announced ships into concept

We are also allocating more resource to work on the growing universe. Soon we’ll have four concept artists working out moons, nebulas and space stations, no small task! Work has begun on the first three surface outposts.

The S42 Design team have been preparing for the incoming new Mission System that will replace large elements of the levels that had previously been implemented with Flowgraph.

Part of the Cinematics team is currently in a sprint to push towards a “final” look and feel for the conversation system that is used for talks between the player and NPCs (which the S42 campaign features a lot of).

We want our conversations to feel “filmic” while still allowing the player freedom. Invoking a “cinematic” feel first and foremost means changing the lens to values that are more akin to how a film camera would depict a character.

The Level Design team in Frankfurt is prototyping the modularity systems for Satellites, Surface Outposts and Space Station Interiors which is almost complete. Currently, the Environment Art team is providing us with greybox versions of the components that we will use to assemble the modular locations.

With our locations, the main goal is always to use them to complement upcoming systems, provide a base for future game play

The Oxygen, Breathing & Stamina systems have started being implemented and soon we will have players begin to carry their own oxygen supplies or risk turning blue in the face. The system should handle everything from how the oxygen tank delivers breathable air to the helmet, to how the player breathes said air and how his body converts that into actual usable stamina.
[close]

Ctrl+F "Refactor" = 4 occurences found
Ctrl+F "Soon" = 12 occurences found
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 03:43:54 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #935 on: February 11, 2017, 05:10:17 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5te662/prediction_30_and_31_are_going_to_be_rolled_into/

If 3.0 isn't at least out on the PTU (in whatever form) by the time GamesCom 2017 is over, I'll gift the first person to call me on this post a <$200 ship of their choosing.

People are fairly mellow in the thread though.

so if they fail to deliver it before Gamescom they get an extra $200
nice

:dead
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #936 on: February 12, 2017, 03:11:15 AM »
"Calix prototyped how players could interact with the world and items"

Calix shows up to GameDev drink up every month and I always want to see if he will spill the beans but I never talk to him.

There was some other CIG dude there a few months ago who was surprised when I asked him about negative stuff, but he had barely started working there and I haven't seen him since.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #937 on: February 12, 2017, 03:43:20 AM »
CIG is having a Valentine's Day sale

Valentine's Day Sale

Nothing says I love you like a Super Hornet. Celebrate Valentine’s Day by snagging a multi-crew ship for you and the one you love. Even if you prefer to fly solo, make sure to visit our store page on Valentine’s Day to see what special ships will be available

They probably need it because so far they only raised 433k$ in February according to their tracker and they're heading towards their weakest performance since 2013 in that month (like they did in January).
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #938 on: February 12, 2017, 10:05:51 PM »
Happy Valentines Day, here's a watermarked jpg.  :-*
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #939 on: February 14, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
Probably not an "extinction level event" to use the phraseology of Mister Smart, but there's definitely a lot of SC redditors coming to the realization that CIG most probably lied to them when they said 3.0 Alpha would be shipped by December 2016. This one stings more because it's not a module but really some of the core game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5tsswt/cig_ok_go_and_publish_the_262_schedule_this/?sort=confidence

Still a lot of the usual counterpoints to be read, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the slow funding so far in 2017 is caused by the cautiousness of backers following that cold shower.
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #940 on: February 14, 2017, 10:59:50 PM »
First 2.6 was THE patch, then 3.0 was THE patch and both have failed to deliver on time and 2.6 failed to deliver on the promise. They can miss so many releases.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #941 on: February 15, 2017, 04:34:22 AM »
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15707-V-Day-Sale-Love-Is-In-The-Air-and-Space

Aegis Vanguard Warden + Battlefield Upgrade Kits

By popular request, we are also making available the Battlefield Upgrade Kits (BUKs) for the Vanguard line, which allow captains to swap between variants on a single chassis. Please note that these upgrades are not available in the current alpha build of Star Citizen; their functionality will be added in a future patch.

250 USD
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #943 on: February 16, 2017, 12:23:11 PM »
It may also be a violation of the Logan Act, my lawyers are looking into it.
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #944 on: February 16, 2017, 01:37:05 PM »
Can my kid play with the ship he bought yet?
©ZH

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #945 on: February 16, 2017, 06:18:11 PM »
Can my kid play with the ship he bought yet?

I think there's a free fly week right now so he can probably play. I don't know which ship he have the misfortune to own, so can't tell if that specific chariot is in game...
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #946 on: February 17, 2017, 05:34:27 PM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #947 on: February 18, 2017, 03:46:55 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #948 on: February 18, 2017, 06:08:08 AM »
I would say it might be the first AAAA game, solely made for PC performance without console limitations!

Employee counts show that CIG technically didn't have a decent sized team for an ambitious project such as this until 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5uq73q/comparing_cig_to_other_game_companies_isnt_fair/
ὕβρις

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #950 on: February 19, 2017, 10:44:58 AM »
Meanwhile Elite Dangerous is gettin some great updates soon

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #951 on: February 20, 2017, 02:22:11 AM »
So some dudes from CIG were at the PC Gamer Weekender thing in London :

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5uxwfc/pc_gamer_weekender_qa_session_star_citizen_part_1/

No fast travel! Yessssss.
IMO FT ruins games.
It takes sooo much out of the game.
I'm so glad CIG is sticking to having no instant warp BS.

That makes for a cool potential with the game, where if you meet someone who's travelled from one end of the galaxy to the other they'd be really experienced and maybe a minor celebrity.

It definitely adds a huge logistics component for the orgs that want to span multiple systems. They're going to have to be very careful about where they commit assets, as moving them around could take considerable time.

I would love LOVE if traveling to another system... let alone to a system across the galaxy.... was a major feat rather than just a "matter of fact."

I'd think for the most part, UEE Citizens would spend their lives within on star system, and maybe even one planetary system.

I really don't want to feel I can go anywhere at any time, and getting across the galaxy should be a multi-day (at minimum) adventure.

DREAMS !

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5uyxa9/pc_gamer_weekender_qa_session_star_citizen_part_2/

Sounds like SATA ball is pretty much shelved.

:noooo
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #952 on: February 21, 2017, 06:27:17 PM »
ὕβρις

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #953 on: February 21, 2017, 08:31:11 PM »
OK I am WAY out of the loop here, can someone tell me in a sentence you can do in this game RIGHT NOW if you dropped a hundred bucks on it

bluemax

« Reply #954 on: February 22, 2017, 12:35:57 AM »
OK I am WAY out of the loop here, can someone tell me in a sentence you can do in this game RIGHT NOW if you dropped a hundred bucks on it

Depends upon what package you buy, the closest to $100 are this one: https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Avenger-Stalker and this one: https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Cutlass-Black

If you purchase either of those you get a JPG of a nice ship that may some day exist in the game, the game which also may someday exist. You also get a hangar where you can look at the 3d model of your ship if they ever make the 3d model of the ship. And you get the non existent game's OST, manual, map, in game cash for the non-existent game (or maybe for the persistent universe it doesn't say, but that doesn't exist either), and 6 months of insurance for your ship.

I think you get access to the dog fighting "module" so you can fly your ship around and shoot other people, assuming your ship has been created.

Also how the eff do they have limited quantities of digital items. WTF.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #955 on: February 22, 2017, 04:57:03 AM »
"- I don't want to be selling something that might not be in the game..."
"- Oh don't worry. We'll have this for sure and xenomorphs, space whales..."
"- :brazilcry "

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/nrnu5u2bjvs3er/source/JumpPoint_04-11_Nov-16_Homemaking.pdf

ὕβρις

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #956 on: February 22, 2017, 08:35:34 AM »
 :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #957 on: February 22, 2017, 10:04:43 AM »
Development Team: "lol, the sand worm was just a joke u guys"

CR: "The Sand Worm was not a joke, it's in the game!"

Development Team: okay.jpg *restarts production on the entire game*
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #958 on: February 23, 2017, 02:56:27 AM »
Thread on the official forum is  :maf
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/372011/celebrate-2-6-1-show-your-support-buy-a-chit

Don't know if people are that sour or if the usual shills have moved over the new forums in the Discord-like platform.
ὕβρις

Coax

« Reply #959 on: February 23, 2017, 03:17:36 AM »
Thread on the official forum is  :maf
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/372011/celebrate-2-6-1-show-your-support-buy-a-chit

Don't know if people are that sour or if the usual shills have moved over the new forums in the Discord-like platform.

The OP is essentially making the point in that first page that without every backer from now contributing a minimum $5 for each new patch for virtual spacebucks the "right people" won't take notice and get the ball rolling on actually releasing the game.