Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428828 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Fighting Games Thread ~ Marvel Vs. Capcom INFINITE Announced
« Reply #660 on: December 03, 2016, 03:04:21 PM »
Just get fightcade for those games, there will be a better playerbase on fightcade than any official version anyway

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #661 on: December 03, 2016, 03:05:01 PM »
Just get fightcade for those games

:shh You, I want my Steam playtime. :lol

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #662 on: December 03, 2016, 10:15:59 PM »
Has Captain Marvel always been able to go Super Saiyan like that?  :leon
WDW

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #663 on: December 03, 2016, 10:49:53 PM »
So they're never actually finishing SFV then? :lol
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #664 on: December 03, 2016, 10:56:30 PM »
So they're never actually finishing SFV then? :lol

:huh
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #665 on: December 04, 2016, 12:46:13 AM »
Capcom Cup just ended-- the grand final was ALL 'MURICAN with Ricki Ortiz vs. Knuckledu.  'Du won!

Now it's time for MvC Infinite footage.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #666 on: December 04, 2016, 12:56:37 AM »
KOF XIV v.1.10 teaser trailer.  The graphics look good!

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #667 on: December 04, 2016, 01:05:56 AM »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #668 on: December 04, 2016, 02:00:38 AM »
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/marvel_vs_capcom_infinite/b/playstation4/archive/2016/12/03/two-on-two-fights-are-made-more-chaotic-by-infinity-stones.aspx
Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite could end up being a divisive game. Although the Versus series is often seen as a chaotic display of flashes and super moves, it has a surprisingly consistent core. Three-versus-three battles, assists, and a six-button layout have defined the series and for almost two decades have held the attention of a hardcore group of fans. Speaking with representatives from both Marvel and Capcom, the first two of those three core tenants are gone in Infinite, and they wouldn’t confirm the third.

Infinite’s fights are fought two-on-two and without call-in assist attacks, which might make some series fans a bit skeptical. But the move didn’t occur without a lot of consideration. The team at Capcom considered the decision for a long time before settling on two-versus-two for the sake of accessibility. Although frantic combat is core to the series, Director of Production at Capcom Mike Evans wants more casual fans to be able to jump in without being overwhelmed; in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, each player had to choose three characters from an enormous roster, then choose one of three assists for those characters. In Infinite, you’ll only have to select two characters and one Infinity Stone.

That trade comes with its upsides, even for more seasoned players. For one, you can now instantly swap in characters at any time. You can do this mid-combo, similar to Marvel Vs. Capcom 3’s aerial TAC combos but faster, and available on the ground as well.
Capcom hasn’t nailed down specifics about how often players will be able to swap characters this way, but mentioned the goal is to give combos the freeform feel and endless permutations the series is known for. Having two characters makes this system far more manageable, since players will know for sure which character they’ll be swapping into during their combo, instead of having to memorize their team order.

To expand the number of options further, Capcom has removed the old “X-factor” mechanic from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and replaced it with six Infinity Stones.
This not only hints at some of the potential plot points in the game (since the six stones are a nod to the Infinity Gauntlet), but acts as a way to customize your two-person team. The two Infinity Stones we were shown had "power" and "time" abilities. Power seems to increase the potency of each attack, while Time acted as a way to increase mobility and combo potential. Each stone will grant one ability that can be activated at any time, and one stronger ability will be more rare (again, the team has yet to work out the specifics of how they will limit this ability). When I brought up Street Fighter V’s V-System as a potential reference point for Infinity Stones, they instead pointed me toward Capcom Vs. SNK 2’s Groove System.

Part of the reason for this new system is an attempt to even the playing field. In the Marvel Vs. Capcom competitive scene, you tend to see a core roster of characters that recur, and many other characters that are left by the wayside. In the game’s early life, some characters were chosen purely for their assist abilities, acting less like actual characters and more like tools. Capcom’s goal with Infinity Stones is for them to work like those throwaway assist characters, making up for the deficiencies of a particular team, enhancing its strong points, and acting a sort of comeback enabler. A Marvel Vs. Capcom game with a balanced roster still sounds like a tall order, but Infinity Stones will hopefully make that task easier.

When I asked them whether the simplified approach to team building also meant fewer buttons to use, Capcom wouldn’t confirm anything. Instead, they told me that they’re hoping to make the game as comfortable to play on a controller as it is on an arcade stick, so newer fans don't feel like they need to purchase the latter to compete.

The last big question for a Marvel Vs. Capcom game is the roster, but Capcom told me at the start of our meeting they wouldn’t be revealing anyone other than the four characters shown in the gameplay trailer shown off at the end of tonight’s Capcom Cup finals (Ryu, Mega Man X, Captain Marvel, and Iron Man). However, they did offer a few details about their direction.

When I asked them about the rumor that the game’s roster would not include as many (or any) characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four series due film rights issues (the current film series for those franchises are owned by Fox and not Marvel Studios) and would instead favor characters already in the Marvel cinematic universe, Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Roseman didn’t tense up the way PR folks tend to when you ask them a difficult question. While Marvel wants to take a forward-thinking stance with the characters they include in the game, he wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, were happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me. Not the straight answer I was looking for, but it left me hopeful about my chances of Berserker Barraging people as Wolverine next year.

Roseman and Executive Producer at Marvel Games Mike Jones also emphasized that they’re looking at this project the way they have all of their recent projects in games, film, and television (Jones brought up Insomniac’s upcoming Spider-Man game and their current run of well-regarded series on Netflix as a reference point). They want to make sure Infinite’s use of the Marvel license is well-earned, and mentioned the game will have a more expansive, cinematic story mode this time around. “We want to make sure this game is dripping with Marvel,” said Roseman.

I wasn’t able to get my hands on the game itself so I can't speak to how all of the new ideas in Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite come together. That said, the big picture of Infinite sounds like a huge shift for the series. Reducing the character count and removing assists sounds like it could cut down on the flashy, ridiculous fun that has made the series so popular. But while it may not be the comfort food fans are looking for, I prefer that a series known for chaos go for broke when it comes to making changes, rather than play it safe.

No assists is a weird move. Also controls and roster don't seem to be locked down yet? How are they going to finish this in a year?

Also there's two new characters being shown on ESPN2 tomorrow
https://twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/805300194069749760
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:10:29 AM by nachobro »

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #669 on: December 04, 2016, 07:14:14 AM »

No assists is a weird move. Also controls and roster don't seem to be locked down yet? How are they going to finish this in a year?

Betting the "Infinite" sub-title is also a strong hint they are going "Games as a service" with this. It's the sort of franchise you can crank a ton of DLC out of and Marvel's mobile fighter made a ton of money.

Plus the Capcom baggage is just too strong that they may as well just sign a multi-year deal and have Capcom do the console fighting games anyway. Capcom's hurting for cash and a game like this would be a healthy injection as long as they don't fuck it up like they did SF V. 

thisismyusername

« Reply #670 on: December 04, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »
No assists is dumb. I can understand it being "confusing to new players" but... I mean... it's only confusing for like 3 rounds if you allow them to test what those assists do for their team.

X-factor being gone is fine with me. But I dunno how I feel about the Infinity Stones being a Groove system. We'll see on that.

but it left me hopeful about my chances of Berserker Barraging people as Wolverine next year.

lol, stay delusional dude. He spun that to try to throw you off a "yes, we're not including the X-men." I will be shocked if they do given how much Marvel has been trying to back of the bus them.

Betting the "Infinite" sub-title is also a strong hint they are going "Games as a service" with this. It's the sort of franchise you can crank a ton of DLC out of and Marvel's mobile fighter made a ton of money.

Plus the Capcom baggage is just too strong that they may as well just sign a multi-year deal and have Capcom do the console fighting games anyway. Capcom's hurting for cash and a game like this would be a healthy injection as long as they don't fuck it up like they did SF V. 

We SFxT with a side of SF5 2.0 now.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #671 on: December 04, 2016, 10:30:41 AM »
any callback to cvs2 is okay with me. if infinity stones do something like affect stats or even movesets as well as giving buffs, then i'm all in. grooves were awesome. no assists feels like a step down but instant character swapping is basically TAC anywhere so that's more interesting to me than an assist. i'll have to see how this works before saying though. this all just seems so early right now.

thisismyusername

« Reply #672 on: December 04, 2016, 11:53:01 AM »
Eh, if anything this is a Dead Rising 4 situation for me where I'm hyped by the annoucement and everything they say after that makes me want it less. :doge If they're doing groove systems, they should just do CvS3 instead, IMO. Not like SNK would be going "no" about it.

https://twitter.com/Ekuobo/status/805137509000892417

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #673 on: December 04, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »
Captain America and Morrigan are in, too- just shown on ESPN2.

ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #674 on: December 04, 2016, 10:43:37 PM »
Wow, so all they did was cut out like 10 seconds of the reveal trailer to make ESPN exclusive. :doge :doge :doge :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #675 on: December 05, 2016, 07:55:34 AM »

:beli

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #676 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:57 AM »
i'm liking this game more every time i watch these trailers. the "gems as grooves" thing seems to make sense here. power gem seems to give both wall bounce and self-otg and time gem gives teleport dash and an amaterasu-style slowdown on activation? neat ideas.

also it's kinda interesting that the double super seems to be one super after the other rather than two at once. minor change but it reminds me of sfxt in a good way, same thing for the instant tag. i really liked the early builds of sfxt that i played before pandora and gems got added so i'm hoping this game is capcom learning the good lessons from that game and mixing a little tvc and cvs2 in there.

but my actual favorite part of this game is watching the marvel 3 "superfans" immediately start to bitch and moan just like the mvc2 players did when 3 was first being shown off. the cycle continues, friends.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:53:11 AM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #677 on: December 05, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »
It's almost as if people forgot that they had gems once before in 1995's Marvel Super Heroes.  :doge  Makes sense to bring them back with the upcoming Avengers Infinite War movie. 

I'm interested because I prefer the less-chaotic 2v2 and no assist characters.  Maybe the game won't be broken insanity this time.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2016, 10:14:34 AM »
beating gems out of people was great, plus some of them were so goddamn broken. i remember one of them made blackheart invisible and another gave everyone hella super armor. what a ridiculous game :lol

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #679 on: December 05, 2016, 11:31:47 AM »
but my actual favorite part of this game is watching the marvel 3 "superfans" immediately start to bitch and moan just like the mvc2 players did when 3 was first being shown off. the cycle continues, friends.

https://twitter.com/IFCYipeS/status/805502087375110144

:betty

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #680 on: December 05, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226049501&postcount=4524
I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.
:leon :gladbron :lawd :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #681 on: December 05, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
What's an 09er?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #682 on: December 05, 2016, 01:02:36 PM »
someone who started playing competitively in 2009 (around super sf4 times) aka just another tern for noob/scrub

Tasty

« Reply #683 on: December 05, 2016, 01:15:41 PM »
7 years is a pretty long time tho :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #684 on: December 05, 2016, 01:21:31 PM »
7 years is a pretty long time tho :doge

And it's funny, because a lot of these guys started playing in the early 2000s, when others had been playing since 1991.   :P

I think some of the top players right now are "babbys" who could be considered 09ers, lolol.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #685 on: December 05, 2016, 01:23:59 PM »
yeah it's much less effective as a way to clown someone now. though it is nice as a shortcut for someone who doesn't recognize or remember the big titles released before SF4. it's especially apparent now though, seeing people whining about gems and 2v2 in a marvel game

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #686 on: December 05, 2016, 01:26:43 PM »
yeah it's much less effective as a way to clown someone now. though it is nice as a shortcut for someone who doesn't recognize or remember the big titles released before SF4. it's especially apparent now though, seeing people whining about gems and 2v2 in a marvel game

The latter doesn't even make sense, when you consider that Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom UAS came out like six years ago.  :doge

It's way to early to be making big assumptions, but what I see on this game seems akin to Street Fighter V- they're going back to basics, in terms of accessibility, and I think that's a good thing.  People are going to whine and complain no matter what anyway.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #687 on: December 05, 2016, 01:27:04 PM »
I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.

This is good, but if all the X-men/Fox characters are saved for DLC, I'd imagine we're not getting many of them considering they were like 1/3rd of the cast previously.  I'd imagine DLC pack being like 2 X-men (Wolv + Mag), 1 FF (Doom), Deadpool.

Like I doubt we've ever getting Cyclops/Gambit/Iceman/Psylocke/Omega Red back and I can see Storm being gone.  Phoenix I hope is gone.  But we'll probably get Sentinel eventually.

Tasty

« Reply #688 on: December 05, 2016, 01:29:13 PM »

The latter doesn't even make sense, when you consider that Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom UAS came out like six years ago.  :doge

It's way to early to be making big assumptions, but what I see on this game seems akin to Street Fighter V- they're going back to basics, in terms of accessibility, and I think that's a good thing.  People are going to whine and complain no matter what anyway.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the FGC completely ignored TatsuCap entirely and were still waiting for Marvel 3 when it came out.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #689 on: December 05, 2016, 01:29:34 PM »
Will believe the DLC thing when I see it.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #690 on: December 05, 2016, 01:30:02 PM »

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the FGC completely ignored TatsuCap entirely and were still waiting for Marvel 3 when it came out.

It was featured at Evo and other tournaments.  :doge  It got dropped as soon as MvC3 was announced.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #691 on: December 05, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure if you asked most Vs fans if there was a game in between Marvel 2 and Marvel 3 they'd probably say "no."

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #692 on: December 05, 2016, 01:31:40 PM »
any game that marn can win at evo doesn't count. :wag :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #693 on: December 05, 2016, 01:37:17 PM »
Man, googling I forgot how many X-men characters MvC2 had (which makes sense since they had the sprites from X-men v SF).  You had Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, Juggernaut, Magneto, Cable, Spiral, Omega Red.  Going from that to possibly zero X-men in MvCI is :| as an X-men fan.  I feel like going back and playing MvC2 now...

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #694 on: December 05, 2016, 01:39:37 PM »
Well if you have me ( or add me ) on Xbox 360..and still have MvC2.. we can play together right?

I have it on 360 :D ( and dreamcast )
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #695 on: December 05, 2016, 01:42:08 PM »
hell there were two wolverines in marvel 2 lol

also sabertooth and lolmarrow

Bebpo

« Reply #696 on: December 05, 2016, 02:06:46 PM »
Oh yeah and Silver Samurai & of course Sentinel.  I remember Silver Samurai being a good assist.  Even in the transition to MvC3 we lost like half the X-men since Marvel was already moving away from them to focus on their movie characters.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #697 on: December 05, 2016, 02:26:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure if you asked most Vs fans if there was a game in between Marvel 2 and Marvel 3 they'd probably say "no."

:dunno

Man, googling I forgot how many X-men characters MvC2 had (which makes sense since they had the sprites from X-men v SF).  You had Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, Juggernaut, Magneto, Cable, Spiral, Omega Red.  Going from that to possibly zero X-men in MvCI is :| as an X-men fan.  I feel like going back and playing MvC2 now...

Not just X-Men Vs. SF.  X-Men Children Of The Atom is where their Marvel games started.  So when MvC2 rolled around, they just took all their sprites from X-Men, XvSF, and MvC (I don't recall MvSF having any new X-Men sprites) and threw them into the game.  The only actual new characters were few and far between in that game.  On the X-Men side it was what...Cable and Marrow?
ど助平

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #698 on: December 05, 2016, 02:29:56 PM »

The Guy who leaked it on GAF in the first place said X-Men and Fantastic Four universe characters are a "Done Deal" and will be post launch DLC. So we have that

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am going to spend far too much money on this game fuck you Scamcom  :maf
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #699 on: December 05, 2016, 02:38:21 PM »
I just hope the Capcom side is more varied.  More characters like Arthur and Phoenix Wright, and less Street Fighter, please.  Let's see the likes of Dino Crisis, PN03, Godhand, etc. get some representation.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #700 on: December 05, 2016, 03:10:40 PM »
if this is good i'll shell out plenty of dough for it, i ain't even mad.

and the marvel roster side sounds like it's going to be pretty obvious, everyone in civil war plus a couple others. i really think the capcom side could get some good pulls, especially since they said they want to work with more dormant ip. i'd like some dumb shit too like a t.rex or the lost planet mech. also a project justice character that isn't batsu.

also i don't know shit about modern marvel. all i wanted in were xmen and cable :maf ms marvel (who is now captain marvel i guess?), and squirrel girl. blade would be cool too.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:16:43 PM by nachobro »

thisismyusername

« Reply #701 on: December 05, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »
also i don't know shit about modern marvel. all i wanted in were xmen and cable :maf ms marvel (who is now captain marvel i guess?), and squirrel girl. blade would be cool too.

Blade would be a Dante Clone in a sense. Nearly the same moves, but less chain-y. Wouldn't be that bad now that I think of it, but I doubt Marvel would do it.

I mean I get what you're saying with Tatsu, but for most folks the "Vs. series" IS Marvel Characters vs Capcom Characters. I don't really consider CapvSNK a Versus Series game despite being technically in it.

This is good, but if all the X-men/Fox characters are saved for DLC, I'd imagine we're not getting many of them considering they were like 1/3rd of the cast previously.  I'd imagine DLC pack being like 2 X-men (Wolv + Mag), 1 FF (Doom), Deadpool.

Like I doubt we've ever getting Cyclops/Gambit/Iceman/Psylocke/Omega Red back and I can see Storm being gone.  Phoenix I hope is gone.  But we'll probably get Sentinel eventually.

I see it more as:

"X-men pack: Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Sentinel (last 4 being obvious due to being Marvel main-stays and Cyc could be a Ryu-beam clone)"
"Fantastic Four: Mr. Elastic, Human Flame, The Thing (Hulk Clone), Super Skrull (MvC3)"
"Deadpool Pack: Deadpool (MvC3 with more 4th wall breaking?)"

A pack not having MSS after them being the meme since MvC2 would be DUMB as fuck.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #702 on: December 12, 2016, 03:14:44 PM »
Some Ex-SNK staff have announced a new Super Nintendo game.  :lol

https://www.facebook.com/groups/90sGames/permalink/712202415613112/

Unholy Night is a new FG from "ex-SNK staff who worked on Kizuna Encounter and KOF98, 2001 and 2002" on display at yesterday's Hong Kong Retro Game Expo '16.

The really WTF thing about this news is that Unholy Night is for Super Nintendo, and will be available in february 2017 on a 32MB cartridge.[/img]

Pictures:
http://www.menlogic.hk/%E9%AD%94%E7%95%8C%E7%8B%A9%E4%BA%BA/

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #703 on: January 02, 2017, 07:21:17 PM »
Decided to jump full on into another distinguished mentally-challenged arcade collection so I've put in some yahoo auction and ebay bids/offers on CPS2 carts! I'm not gonna go HAM on them but just pick up the couple games I want: Vsav, XvsSF, MVC1, and eventually ST and maybe SF Anniv.

Not gonna go full arcade setup, mainly because I don't to have to move another cabinet when I leave this house. :lol So I'm checking out Superguns and they are more confusing than arcade cabinets somehow. Some use regular laptop PSUs, some arcade PSU, some internal PSU, and then there's a ton of ways they output video or accept controllers too.  :dizzy Lots of nerd research done and a lot more to go.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:26:06 PM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #704 on: January 02, 2017, 07:40:50 PM »
I got into that very briefly in the late 90s.  Had a supergun (with CPS3 and SF3:2i) and an MVS for it too.  Found it to be too much trouble to maintain and sold it all off before SF3: W Impact hit the Dreamcast.

But that was also when I was much younger and liked to bring game systems and games around to friends' houses (and even work).  Not so easy to do with a supergun, lol.

If I did it now, I'd probably go with a MAME cab instead.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #705 on: January 02, 2017, 07:50:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/815995408832872448

Me on Jan 24 when both Smashes are confirmed: :rejoice

FGC on Jan 24:  :crybaby :crybaby :crybaby

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #706 on: January 02, 2017, 08:03:28 PM »
I got into that very briefly in the late 90s.  Had a supergun (with CPS3 and SF3:2i) and an MVS for it too.  Found it to be too much trouble to maintain and sold it all off before SF3: W Impact hit the Dreamcast.

But that was also when I was much younger and liked to bring game systems and games around to friends' houses (and even work).  Not so easy to do with a supergun, lol.

Yeah they definitely used to be a hassle but I think I have it narrowed down to the two easiest to setup/use.

MAK Strike is cheaper and works with a laptop-style PSU using a special connector (which they sell of course) or an arcade PSU, but I'll need to resolder one connection if I want to use a PS3/360 USB decoder for plug and play sticks...maybe. Dude posted a bit ago on SRK that he was redoing his convertors to work with the MAK better, so I need to check if he ever did that. Total cost would be ~$290 with shipping after adding in a power supply, JAMMA extender, SCART to RCA converter, CPS2 kick harness, and controller convertors.

Windy Supergun is more expensive but is an all in one box that is fully setup for RCA with extended JAMMA cable and kick harness built in. But it doesn't work with the easier controller convertors above so I'd have to buy different ones and make my own cable to change the pinout to match the converts, making a setup that looks like this. Total cost after shipping would be ~$395 after adding in the controller convertor PCBs and added cables.

Both setups don't require an arcade PSU, will work with PS3/360 (and PS4 soon) sticks with a little work, and will output to my CRT so now I just need to decide between them.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #707 on: January 02, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »
that was a bunch of sperging :lol

Tasty

« Reply #708 on: January 02, 2017, 08:58:23 PM »
that was a bunch of sperging :lol

If there were ever a thread for it... :P

archie4208

« Reply #709 on: January 02, 2017, 08:59:40 PM »
XRD Revelator is $20 on Amazon.

I'm shit at fighting games but I kinda want to buy it to look at the pretty pictures and listen to dat soundtrack.  :rock

Tasty

« Reply #710 on: January 02, 2017, 09:16:27 PM »
Thinking about it, while I would really love both Smashes at Evo, I'm not seeing how it's possible with the roster cut from 9 games to 7. And there's no way they're getting rid of Melee, so Smash 4 has got to be out.

Ah well. Last two years of double Smashes were amazing and I'm glad Melee will continue to get the spotlight. :yeshrug Smash 4 scene continues to grow and with a Switch port likely in the cards, it'll probably be back in earnest for Evo 2018.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #711 on: January 02, 2017, 09:22:44 PM »
Evo line-up is gonna depend on what is out by then.  I would assume these are locks:

-Street Fighter V
-Smash (But which one?)
-Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (last year for this!)
-Tekken 7
-Injustice 2

But not sure what the other two will be.  Will it be Killer Instinct?  Guilty Gear?  BlazBlue?  The other Smash?

Meanwhile, Andrex continues to shit up these threads with his odd Smash gloating while nobody else cares.  Smash will come on at Evo and everyone will go find something else to do before the headlining Capcom games come on.  Another year, same old crap.  :doge

Yeah they definitely used to be a hassle but I think I have it narrowed down to the two easiest to setup/use.

MAK Strike is cheaper and works with a laptop-style PSU using a special connector (which they sell of course) or an arcade PSU, but I'll need to resolder one connection if I want to use a PS3/360 USB decoder for plug and play sticks...maybe. Dude posted a bit ago on SRK that he was redoing his convertors to work with the MAK better, so I need to check if he ever did that. Total cost would be ~$290 with shipping after adding in a power supply, JAMMA extender, SCART to RCA converter, CPS2 kick harness, and controller convertors.

Windy Supergun is more expensive but is an all in one box that is fully setup for RCA with extended JAMMA cable and kick harness built in. But it doesn't work with the easier controller convertors above so I'd have to buy different ones and make my own cable to change the pinout to match the converts, making a setup that looks like this. Total cost after shipping would be ~$395 after adding in the controller convertor PCBs and added cables.

Both setups don't require an arcade PSU, will work with PS3/360 (and PS4 soon) sticks with a little work, and will output to my CRT so now I just need to decide between them.

I read this and just went  :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy.  Just makes me want to stick with emulation.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #712 on: January 02, 2017, 09:23:39 PM »
XRD Revelator is $20 on Amazon.

I'm shit at fighting games but I kinda want to buy it to look at the pretty pictures and listen to dat soundtrack.  :rock

Twenty bucks is pretty cheap...although you could also just do that on Youtube.  :doge
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #713 on: January 02, 2017, 09:27:08 PM »
Meanwhile, Andrex continues to shit up these threads with his odd Smash gloating while nobody else cares.  Smash will come on at Evo and everyone will go find something else to do before the headlining Capcom games come on.  Another year, same old crap.  :doge

I apologize if it comes off at gloating, but after several years of making Evo threads and being the only one excited for Smash, and then getting shit on repeatedly for it out of nowhere, somewhere along the line I started to get a little bitter.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #714 on: January 02, 2017, 09:39:03 PM »
Because Smash is boring to watch.

:idont

But it did give us this:

:heyman
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #715 on: January 02, 2017, 09:52:24 PM »
I read this and just went  :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy.  Just makes me want to stick with emulation.
yeah i'm a crazy person :lol but there's just something about that arcade hardware

For EVO I'm guessing
SFV
Marvel
Tekken
Injustice
Both Smashes, especially if that Switch port of 4 happens
GGXrd

but I wouldn't be shocked if Wizard "surprised" everyone by making it 9 games and adding Blazblue and KOF. Mandaly Bay convention space is huuuuge, there's more room there than the LVCC if they decided to book a lot of it. Wouldn't be too hard to fit everything in at all.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #716 on: January 02, 2017, 10:39:21 PM »
I would love to see KOF back on the main line-up so bad, but I just don't think it's gonna happen.   :-\
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #717 on: January 02, 2017, 11:20:30 PM »
My friend thinks it'll replace Pokken, which seems likely to me. *shrugs*

Anyways Wiz asked for 7 last year too and there were 9 games revealed, so that may be the case this year. In which case I see the same lineup as 2016 but with Pokken replaced with KoF.

thisismyusername

« Reply #718 on: January 03, 2017, 01:04:21 AM »
I really can't see KoF happening. But I haven't been following the scene. Didn't it quickly collapse after Evo for 13 or whatever the last release was? I could maybe see Blazblue, but that would be two Arc System Works fighters which would drive Mr. Wizard insane.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #719 on: January 03, 2017, 01:15:40 AM »
Yeah Pokken isn't making it back in, probably not KI or MKX either. KOF I could see happening but only if there ends up being more than seven games. It's not huge but it's newer than a lot of games and brings in international players so that counts for something.

Also it seems the cheaper Supergun doesn't require soldering anymore so I'm all in on that. Now to see if there's a place to buy one that doesn't involve shipping from Yurop.