Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 437433 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #3720 on: February 26, 2020, 11:57:24 AM »
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3721 on: February 26, 2020, 04:32:37 PM »
Tekken World Tour finals are in NOLA   :o

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3722 on: February 27, 2020, 07:03:57 AM »
Cygames announced publisher XSEED Games will release a PC version of Granblue Fantasy: Versus via Steam on March 13. It will be available in $59.99 standard and $79.99 Character Pass Set editions.

Nice to see a PC version announcement.  No cross-play like usual for Arc. 

Granblue waifu Narmaya is out next week:

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3723 on: February 27, 2020, 07:47:41 AM »
Asshole boss character Beezlebub/Chaos Bringer also out next week.

F U FOR BEING A SHITTY BOSS IN THE QUEST MODE :punch
:sheik
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3724 on: February 27, 2020, 08:09:17 AM »
no crossplay means the pc version is already dead, too bad. will pirate to at least try the game out though.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:16:05 AM by nachobro »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3725 on: February 27, 2020, 08:46:03 AM »
Seems like a case where they will add a good amount of characters and have a XX/rev 2 within a year. I am interested in it but not full price interested.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3726 on: February 27, 2020, 10:33:00 AM »
Seems like a case where they will add a good amount of characters and have a XX/rev 2 within a year. I am interested in it but not full price interested.  :doge

They don't seem to this anymore, what with just selling multiple season passes and all- Both BlazBlue Tag, Under Night, and now Dragonball FighterZ have gotten large enough updates that they could have just re-sold the games again as new versions, but instead made the updates free and just sold the characters as DLC instead.  They did re-release BBT and UNIEL as new physical releases (BB only in Japan), sure, but they aren't required for owners of the previous versions.
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #3727 on: February 27, 2020, 10:52:09 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3728 on: February 27, 2020, 02:26:03 PM »
Checked and it looks like that BB Tag Japan/Asia "2.0" release was just the game with a DLC code for everything in the box- glad I didn't waste money importing it.
 :whew
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3730 on: February 28, 2020, 08:13:40 AM »
i was reading about that one punch man game a while ago and it seems pretty funny. if you pick him on your team you get a two man team and just have to survive until a timer ends. if you do, one punch man shows up to meet up with your team and you automatically win. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3731 on: February 28, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »
i was reading about that one punch man game a while ago and it seems pretty funny. if you pick him on your team you get a two man team and just have to survive until a timer ends. if you do, one punch man shows up to meet up with your team and you automatically win. :lol

IIRC I think that's the way the game is meant to play- it's a two-man hero team versus a three-man villain team, with the goal being to "survive" until the NPC One Punch-Man arrives and destroys the villains.  :lol
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3732 on: February 28, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »
that's actually kind of clever.

xfactor phoenix for the masses.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3733 on: February 28, 2020, 09:24:29 AM »
that's actually kind of clever.

xfactor phoenix for the masses.

Game looks dumb though- and I've had some fun with other similarly-playing titles from them.   :lol
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3734 on: February 28, 2020, 09:45:09 AM »
In other news, Tecmo bout to make that ched:

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3735 on: February 28, 2020, 10:24:44 AM »
In other news, Tecmo bout to make that ched:

(Image removed from quote.)

They got a lot of people pretty pissed off right now following this update:

Tekken 7: "Hey, here's a full color palette for character colors!  Enjoy!"

Dead Or Alive 6: "Check it out, we added hair color changes for ONLY one ticket!!!  Yeah you gotta get at least two tickets for $1.99 lol!  Oh and fuck you it's a one-time change- if you want to use another color or even go back to the default color go fuck yourself and pay us again!"

:itagaki

The hair color thing was enough to push people over the edge, lol.  It was also pointed out that Nioh 2, also by Team Ninja, doesn't have any of this paywall shit for its character customization.  But that's not the norm for them- KT getting greedy as fuck.  Look at all the massive amounts of DLC they release for their Atelier and Warriors games.  Often it ends up costing more than the games themselves.
:dizzy

I think at this point if you were to buy all the DOA6 DLC, it would be like $400.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:31:51 AM by bork »
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3736 on: February 28, 2020, 10:32:18 AM »
I saw that but didn't think it was possible to push their fanbase over the edge.  :lol

:jgames

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3737 on: February 28, 2020, 02:01:21 PM »
I saw chatter like "IT'Z DA CASUALZ TO BLAME!!  CASUALZZZ KEEP BUYING TEH DLC!!!"

No, they're not.  Only hardcore crazies are spending $90 a pop on "season" passes-- the latest doesn't even include all the new content just released. :rofl

But you know what?  You don't have to buy any of it!   :o  Or you can just buy what you want:o :o  I think their content pack prices are insane, but they do at least let you buy what you want individually for characters.  Funny that even this was previously locked down and unavailable on PSN outside of Japan, lol.  But they 'fixed' it with their ticket system.  So maybe enough backlash will get them to do something about the hair shit. 

The hair colors are also only on PS4, for whatever reason.
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3738 on: March 01, 2020, 09:17:55 AM »

Dead Or Alive 6: "Check it out, we added hair color changes for ONLY one ticket!!!  Yeah you gotta get at least two tickets for $1.99 lol!  Oh and fuck you it's a one-time change- if you want to use another color or even go back to the default color go fuck yourself and pay us again!"

I feel like most J-devs need to have a "come to Jesus" talk about both DLC and Achievements.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3739 on: March 01, 2020, 09:32:06 AM »

I feel like most J-devs need to have a "come to Jesus" talk about both DLC and Achievements.

It seems to be a thing only for "otaku" games or something. :thinking
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #3740 on: March 01, 2020, 10:26:51 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3741 on: March 01, 2020, 10:31:49 AM »
pretty sure capcom's stick was using the FBA emulator without payment back to the people who wrote code on it so fuck em, get your shit stolen too.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3742 on: March 01, 2020, 11:20:25 AM »
Bork: DOA's DLC pricing is insane even on Steam. You can't individually buy on either release (IIRC, I'd have to check 6 again) beyond the characters. The outfits are "all for the ones that we built them for" or "nothing." You can't just get one characters outfits.

But yeah, it's about as bad as train simulator on having overpriced DLC. IIRC, it hasn't even hit Steam sales with any of these bundles in like two years.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3743 on: March 01, 2020, 01:16:55 PM »
Bork: DOA's DLC pricing is insane even on Steam. You can't individually buy on either release (IIRC, I'd have to check 6 again) beyond the characters. The outfits are "all for the ones that we built them for" or "nothing." You can't just get one characters outfits.

But yeah, it's about as bad as train simulator on having overpriced DLC. IIRC, it hasn't even hit Steam sales with any of these bundles in like two years.

Nah, I have the Steam games too- DOA6 allows for individual DLC purchases and there's no bullshit with needing to buy premium tickets to do it, either- that crap is just a PS4 thing.  I think it was DOA5 that was locked down like that. 

They also never released all of the content that PS4 got for Steam for DOA5, including free update content like stages, because the PC version was based on the arcade version, which was in turn based on the PS3/360 versions so less detail and blah blah blah dumb shit reasons on why this port wasn't as good.

Also saw this about the hair colors:

Unlike every other Premium Ticket purchase in DOA6 for DLC like costumes, hair color changes are tied to individual save data and not to the servers according to the game's FAQ. This means if you delete or lose your save data, any bought hair alterations will also be lost.

:crowdlaff
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3745 on: March 03, 2020, 05:58:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/yoshibrro/status/1234719966496079872
If it's high as in an overhead that's some DSP I WAS BLAWKING.mpv type shit

If it's just a regular hit still wtf, why not make it a low? :| Drop the hips and angle the leg upward like seth crhk if you don't want it to be low

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:43:44 PM by remy »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3746 on: March 06, 2020, 11:45:30 AM »
In the continuing saga...

Nah, I have the Steam games too- DOA6 allows for individual DLC purchases and there's no bullshit with needing to buy premium tickets to do it, either- that crap is just a PS4 thing.  I think it was DOA5 that was locked down like that. 

They also never released all of the content that PS4 got for Steam for DOA5, including free update content like stages, because the PC version was based on the arcade version, which was in turn based on the PS3/360 versions so less detail and blah blah blah dumb shit reasons on why this port wasn't as good.

Also saw this about the hair colors:

Unlike every other Premium Ticket purchase in DOA6 for DLC like costumes, hair color changes are tied to individual save data and not to the servers according to the game's FAQ. This means if you delete or lose your save data, any bought hair alterations will also be lost.

:crowdlaff

Tecmo is doing a Steam sale/publisher sale.

DOA6: -50% off
DLC? :neogaf
DOA5: Not on sale. :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf
DLC? :cenk :comeon :neogaf :neogaf :mueller

But hey, you can get Kenji Inafune's Ninja Gaiden failure for like $2.00 if you have Steam Trading Card money.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3747 on: March 06, 2020, 12:28:25 PM »
I saw same thing, was hoping for sale on new characters and maybe the older costumes but nope. The game itself is fun and some of the costumes are cool/improvements but no way am I paying what they want for any of this.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #3749 on: March 06, 2020, 11:54:35 PM »
How did Granblue Fantasy Versus turn out?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3750 on: March 07, 2020, 09:10:46 AM »
How did Granblue Fantasy Versus turn out?

Very good, although note that you're going to have to spend extra for the season pass if you want all the characters.  I wasn't a big fan of the quest mode, but the actual fighting game itself is great.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3751 on: March 07, 2020, 10:59:50 AM »
Tamaki = Aoi from Virtua Fighter? :thinking

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3753 on: March 08, 2020, 09:59:18 PM »

He's perfect

:uguu :uguu :uguu

thank you ed boon, the god

:'(

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3754 on: March 08, 2020, 10:03:22 PM »
that fatality is out of control :whew

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3755 on: March 08, 2020, 10:45:34 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3756 on: March 08, 2020, 11:03:10 PM »
keith david voicing him is pretty great as well

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3757 on: March 10, 2020, 08:13:31 AM »
Under Night In-Birth: Exe-Late [cl-r] is coming out on Steam on 3/27- will have the same kind of update options as the PS4 version, so free update with the changes for all Late owners and you can buy the new character as DLC.

GranBlue Fantasy Versus for Steam is also out on Friday!
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3758 on: March 10, 2020, 09:14:21 AM »
is [cl-r] not much of an update over [st]? only one character?

seeing my steam copy is only LATE actually, I think I have [st] on PS4 lol.

Is it worth doing any story or is it pretty much blazblue-style animu filler stuff?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3759 on: March 10, 2020, 09:49:45 AM »
is [cl-r] not much of an update over [st]? only one character?

Yeah.  One character and balance changes and all that.  I don't really understand why they felt the need to make this another iteration of the game, but don't mind since they're just treating it as a free update with the character for sale as DLC.  Plus it meant a Switch port.  :P

seeing my steam copy is only LATE actually, I think I have [st] on PS4 lol.

Is it worth doing any story or is it pretty much blazblue-style animu filler stuff?

Dunno, never bothered with story.
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #3760 on: March 10, 2020, 11:38:03 PM »
NCR got canceled.

I am going to guess EVO will be as well.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3762 on: March 11, 2020, 08:56:59 AM »
NCR got canceled.

I am going to guess EVO will be as well.

EVO isn't till late July/August and is insanely popular. Pretty sure it'll be fine.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3763 on: March 11, 2020, 08:59:38 AM »
yeah events like michigan masters, april annihilation, and final round are in far more danger than evo right now. i doubt this thing will continue to be an issue through august.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3764 on: March 11, 2020, 09:42:32 AM »
I wonder how much of Tamaki's animations were ripped off and how much was just Aikido stuff. :thinking

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadOrAlive/comments/fgv17u/aikido_in_real_life_and_tamakis_aikido/

yeah events like michigan masters, april annihilation, and final round are in far more danger than evo right now. i doubt this thing will continue to be an issue through august.

No telling.  Some experts are saying it could be a good six months or so.   :-\
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3765 on: March 11, 2020, 09:47:45 AM »
it may be cynical but i'm betting wizard is gonna wait and see if vegas forces events to cancel so his insurance can kick in.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3766 on: March 11, 2020, 10:04:51 AM »
It's an actual martial art so at some point the moves are going to be the moves, although much easier to just crib from other game characters. I am sure there is some Aoi action in there as well.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3767 on: March 11, 2020, 10:11:36 AM »
it may be cynical but i'm betting wizard is gonna wait and see if vegas forces events to cancel so his insurance can kick in.

I would. Obviously hope for the best and wait until June or so to make a final decision, maybe start scaling back what you can now as can blame virus. People don't understand that the economics of annual events don't really gel with skipping years. If this actually goes on for 6 months it's going to fuck so much up.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3768 on: March 12, 2020, 08:02:34 AM »
Make the tournaments...

...ONLINE.

:heyman

It's an actual martial art so at some point the moves are going to be the moves, although much easier to just crib from other game characters. I am sure there is some Aoi action in there as well.

There are Aoi clips in the video.  WHY U NO WATCH
 :mysterio
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3769 on: March 12, 2020, 08:39:42 AM »
I did! All I remembered was Jun and Asuka   :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3770 on: March 12, 2020, 11:35:46 PM »
Final Round is still happening...for now.

We have been monitoring the recent events with COVID-19 and with our event being next week we will be implementing a no contact policy as a precautionary measures at our event. Please refrain from hand shakes, bro hugs, fist bumps and even elbow bumps. Please wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 30 seconds up to your wrist.

If you have any of the following symptoms please don’t risk the health of anyone attending this event:

A fever of 100.4 or higher
A persistent cough/sneezing
A cold or flu like symptoms

Be advised as a precaution after each pool block we will clean the pool stations throughout the weekend.

Thank you for the continued support and we look forward to having a great event for you.

Still have yet to go to this and don't think I'll be going this year, either.   :doge

Lmao asking the FGC to wash their hands before washing they ass? Wishful thinking....

:hitler
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3771 on: March 23, 2020, 10:33:25 AM »
samsho finally gets a downloadable pc release (on egs)

https://twitter.com/krispykaiser/status/1242083109803143170

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3772 on: March 23, 2020, 10:34:11 AM »
 :nope

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3773 on: March 23, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »
:nope

:existential

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3774 on: March 23, 2020, 10:50:01 AM »
there's always stadia instead :smug

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3775 on: March 23, 2020, 11:02:59 AM »
 :lol

also seem to remember one of us calling EGS exclusive a long time ago.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3776 on: March 23, 2020, 01:36:00 PM »
That's pretty funny- one of the guys at SNK said they made sure to convince the president to NOT release it only on the EGS, saying it would be a huge mistake.  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3779 on: March 23, 2020, 01:48:53 PM »
It is going to be dead on arrival on EGS, so maybe they'll learn their lesson quickly enough.  Shame it had to be with Samurai Shodown and wasn't SNK Heroines.
 :doge

Play it on PS4 or Switch, brehs.
ど助平