Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 433585 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #3780 on: March 24, 2020, 11:41:53 AM »
Fahk seems pretty good. Also looking like he's the final T7 character, which I am ok with. They left a few slots open for more stages (likely reskins), which I am happy about.

Bout time to start looking to T8 I guess.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3781 on: March 24, 2020, 11:58:35 AM »
Shame it had to be with Samurai Shodown and wasn't SNK Heroines.
 :doge

How dare you.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3782 on: March 24, 2020, 03:32:38 PM »
Fahk seems pretty good. Also looking like he's the final T7 character, which I am ok with. They left a few slots open for more stages (likely reskins), which I am happy about.

Bout time to start looking to T8 I guess.

Next up will be Tag 3 or Tekken Vs. Street Fighter lol, sure I'd bet.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 03:42:57 PM by bork »
ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3783 on: March 24, 2020, 08:11:28 PM »
Now Strive's gonna have rollback, I have zero motivation to deal with any other anime trash, certainly not something as weeb as samurais on the plebian EGS store months late :snob

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3784 on: March 25, 2020, 12:42:32 PM »
Yeah, go for the game that will have five people playing online instead of two.
:itagaki

spoiler (click to show/hide)
PC fighting game online population outside of like Street Fighter and handful of others is
:stahp

I wish they would do cross-play with Strive.
[close]
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3785 on: March 25, 2020, 01:16:01 PM »
I didn't know GG got the new subtitle yet.  :lol

closed PS4 beta application link:

https://www.arcsystemworks.jp/guiltygear/cbt/en/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3786 on: March 26, 2020, 08:58:11 AM »
"Warning" on Chaos Code for Switch- the game does not have online play if that's a selling point for you.  I would have passed on this port had I noticed that.  Oh well, it was cheap.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3787 on: March 26, 2020, 11:27:16 PM »
Haohmaru out for SC6 on 3/31

ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #3788 on: March 26, 2020, 11:37:28 PM »
Game Pass just added a Power Rangers fighter, wtf. Any good?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3789 on: March 26, 2020, 11:45:33 PM »
  :gurl

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3790 on: March 27, 2020, 07:13:55 AM »
Game Pass just added a Power Rangers fighter, wtf. Any good?

It's a Vs. game rip-off with really simple controls/inputs.  Have only played a bit of it and it's OK I guess.  Better than you'd expect.  IIRC some of the 'pro' fighting game people had a hand in its development.  One cool thing about it is that the game offers cross-play for PS4, Xbone, Switch, AND PC- if you switch platforms, there's even a way for your stats/progress to carry over.

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3791 on: March 27, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »
power rangers is quite good. the most marvel style game since umvc3 and it stays true to the heart and feel of that series. supposedly the story mode is true to power rangers lore but i don't know anything about that to comment.

dacidbro and skillzdatkillz just had a fun little FT10 exhibition match and donated the subs/donations/prize money to Final Round, a tournament that had to cancel cause of corona. worth a watch if you like marvel/vs style games: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/572289466

Cheddahz

« Reply #3792 on: March 27, 2020, 09:43:58 AM »
I've heard decent things about the Power Rangers game

nachobro

• Live Más

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3794 on: March 27, 2020, 01:46:27 PM »
So yeah, put out Samurai Shodown months late on PC and then on a storefront most fighting game players don't use! 

BRILLIANT

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 01:50:49 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3795 on: March 27, 2020, 01:50:58 PM »
I love the game and all, but they have handled the PC side of it very badly.  There is no reason why they shouldn't be releasing these games on multiple platforms at the same time.
:ufup

And make this shit cross-play while you're at it.
:bolo
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3796 on: March 27, 2020, 02:10:56 PM »
maybe they'll give it away one day.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3797 on: March 27, 2020, 02:13:10 PM »
LOL if it launches on there at $59.99.  With it coming out so late, they better at least include all the DLC characters from the first two seasons or up to the current release in season 2.

Now get back to development, SNK- WAITING FOR IROHA :punch
ど助平

Cheddahz

« Reply #3798 on: March 27, 2020, 02:16:53 PM »
Samurai Shodown might be my favorite fighting game of the gen, but SNK are damn idiots

Beezy

« Reply #3799 on: March 27, 2020, 05:14:53 PM »
Has anyone here ever used these? It might be too small for me anyway.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1243647148261912576

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3800 on: March 27, 2020, 07:06:18 PM »
yeah i got one and i don't recommend them. they are extremely tiny, pretty much made for a child. also its really light so its slides around on your lap when you play.

thisismyusername

« Reply #3801 on: March 27, 2020, 09:17:18 PM »
:birb

https://twitter.com/doomedspacemar1/status/1243212859275763712?

Being fair: I haven't bought it because SNK rarely puts their shit on sale. IIRC, Heroines hasn't even dropped past $30 or so.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3802 on: March 27, 2020, 09:22:00 PM »
I’ll totally buy it at $10 or less.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3803 on: March 28, 2020, 10:56:29 AM »
Samurai has been on sale for as low as $20 already on consoles.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3804 on: March 28, 2020, 10:59:37 AM »
gonna take like two years for that to happen on pc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3805 on: March 30, 2020, 07:18:02 AM »

ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #3806 on: March 31, 2020, 12:12:12 AM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #3807 on: March 31, 2020, 12:15:12 AM »
Wow! WOW! Did DOA6 flop so massively in terms of DLC sales that they threw in the towel? :o :o :o :o

I mean DOA5 had DLC for like... 2-3 years. :lol

:violin DOA6. Making the game less sexy for Evo was the death kneel.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3808 on: March 31, 2020, 07:24:33 AM »
I mean DOA5 had DLC for like... 2-3 years. :lol

No, it didn't- they released DOA5, then a year-ish later, DOA5 Ultimate and more DLC, and then after that DOA5 Last Round with even more heaps of DLC.

And this is KT, who love to release games at $59.99 with insane amounts of DLC often totaling more than the game price, then re-release them as "Ultimate" versions later on.  The most recent one being Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate.  So I see this going two ways:

1. KT really did not make enough money off game and DLC sales.  The backlash to pricing and content decisions did the game in and they quit doing DLC after a year- back to releasing Venus Vacation content; bye fighting game!

2. A new version of the game is being developed and they will move all DLC releases to this version. 

My money is on #2 being the case, possibly as a launch/launch-window title for the next-gen platforms.
 :jgames
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:36:48 AM by bork »
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #3809 on: March 31, 2020, 07:44:11 AM »
"No, they didn't release DLC for DOA5..."

(Explains that they DID do DLC for DOA5 for 3 years, just under "different versions.")

Like, dude: Ultimate got costumes, then they DLC'd it (on PS3 anyway) into Last Round, which got DLC for another 2 years or so. :doge :doge In any case, I lean more toward 1. They pumped out 4 $100 season passes, according to Steam for 6. One year later they suddenly... stop? I mean, I can see a case being made for #2 ( :doge ) and wouldn't be surprised, but given the backlash since launch (and the toned down sexiness) and that DOA still didn't hit Evo, I can't see them not washing their hands of it ( :doge :doge ) completely.

Just go back to the drawing board, redo their monetization plans (maybe not ask $100 constantly?) and ignore Evo and go back to doing what DOA did best: A casual titty fighter?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3810 on: March 31, 2020, 07:57:36 AM »
"No, they didn't release DLC for DOA5..."

(Explains that they DID do DLC for DOA5 for 3 years, just under "different versions.")

Like, dude: Ultimate got costumes, then they DLC'd it (on PS3 anyway) into Last Round, which got DLC for another 2 years or so. :doge :doge In any case, I lean more toward 1.

This is like saying that (vanilla) Street Fighter IV got years of new content.  It didn't- they kept releasing updated versions with more DLC added.  With the new versions, they dropped support for the previous ones so you had to buy the upgrades to keep going.  IIRC when Last Round hit, you could pay(or was it free?) to upgrade right to the equivalent of Last Round on PS3 and 360, however not all the LR content was compatible and they wound up dropping support after a little while.  I think on PS3 they actually hit the limit of how much DLC was allowed, lol.

They pumped out 4 $100 season passes, according to Steam for 6. One year later they suddenly... stop? I mean, I can see a case being made for #2 ( :doge ) and wouldn't be surprised, but given the backlash since launch (and the toned down sexiness) and that DOA still didn't hit Evo, I can't see them not washing their hands of it ( :doge :doge ) completely.

They put out ridiculously-priced season passes for DOA5 LR, too -that's where this started- and that game was much more positively-received and liked by its community.  Still didn't stop them from just cutting all DLC releases and suddenly announcing support for the game had stopped (including sponsored tournaments), and then announcing DOA6 some months later.  This feels like that to me, just in a much faster time table, which is why I think it's going to be them announcing an updated version and not something completely new.  Plus KT loves to recycle them some assets. 

Just go back to the drawing board, redo their monetization plans (maybe not ask $100 constantly?) and ignore Evo and go back to doing what DOA did best: A casual titty fighter?

In terms of PR, DOA6 was just DOA5 all over again- they said that DOA5 was also going to be "toned" down and it ended up being the most ridiculous entry in the series as far as the tiddy goes.  DOA6 remains toned down in some ways (Rachel's fiend costume is a good example), but is still full of pervy costumes and shit.  They've just done a worse job at handling content distribution this time around in some regions- IIRC the premium ticket shit is not a thing for the Japanese version and they have been selling all the DLC a la carte since release. 

If they are doing another game, I think they should go make sure to change up how they handle DLC and try not to be so INSANE with it...but this is KT and frankly I don't think that's going to happen. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3811 on: March 31, 2020, 09:13:46 AM »
doa6 wasn't a flop, they are just ending support cause they are gonna release doa6 ultimate late in the year :lol

also doa not being at evo has nothing to do with KT other than maybe them not cutting wizard a big enough check. he's had a stance for years and years that he'll never have that game at US evo, which is probably fine cause the doa world championship had a bigger monetary prize than every game at evo combined. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3812 on: March 31, 2020, 09:53:34 AM »
doa6 wasn't a flop, they are just ending support cause they are gonna release doa6 ultimate late in the year :lol

also doa not being at evo has nothing to do with KT other than maybe them not cutting wizard a big enough check. he's had a stance for years and years that he'll never have that game at US evo, which is probably fine cause the doa world championship had a bigger monetary prize than every game at evo combined. :lol

:respect

Yup yup.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3813 on: March 31, 2020, 09:56:31 AM »
NEVER FORGET EVO'S GREATEST MOMENT

:yukasalute
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3814 on: March 31, 2020, 10:39:28 AM »
UNICLR upgrade is kind of confusing? I never got [st] on steam, but apparently [clr] is a free update on PC? So if I get the [st] upgrade for $25 I get both? or would I still need to buy the character?

On PS4 seems like need to get the additional character for $9 but it just adds to [st] and is not quite a version upgrade, not sure on. It wasn't a free update though, and while it updated it's still all same as [st] aside from the character select screen.

I want on PC as have been messing around with, I don't really want to spend much on though.

I really want Granblue + S1 pack but not $80 want.  :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3815 on: March 31, 2020, 10:41:04 AM »
i believe st is not a free update but clr is a free automatic update if you have/buy st. the new character is paid no matter what unless you just outright buy clr.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3816 on: March 31, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »
that's kinda what I thought going in, but expected at least a new title screen or something.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3817 on: March 31, 2020, 10:54:45 AM »
i believe st is not a free update but clr is a free automatic update if you have/buy st. the new character is paid no matter what unless you just outright buy clr.

Correct-  It's "free" if you have ST.  The CLR "upgrade" is just the usual balance changes and whatnot- I think some new moves too?  The biggest difference is just the one new character.  I don't really get what the point in making this a new version was; it just causes confusion.
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3818 on: April 02, 2020, 11:47:36 AM »
was waiting on weekend for CL-R on PC, but looks like BBXTag will be on sale on most platforms. Since I have [st] on PS4 already may just hold off and get that, not sure if want on PC or switch. 33~ for special edition seems like an ok deal, early adopters got hosed.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3819 on: April 02, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »
was waiting on weekend for CL-R on PC, but looks like BBXTag will be on sale on most platforms. Since I have [st] on PS4 already may just hold off and get that, not sure if want on PC or switch. 33~ for special edition seems like an ok deal, early adopters got hosed.

It's supposedly got performance issues on PC that were never fixed.  I'd get it on Switch or PS4.
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #3820 on: April 02, 2020, 12:32:42 PM »
BBXTag is only $4.80 on Switch. I can't say no to that.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3821 on: April 02, 2020, 12:40:12 PM »
will check some reviews, may take a flier on the standard version on PC assuming it goes on sale this weekend, I should be able to brute force it even if a crap port. worst-case I can get a refund.

think I will get the SE for switch. I haven't played it at all.  :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #3822 on: April 02, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
(For the record: I own the PS3 copies of DOA5, U/LR, the Velveta port of 5+ [along with the shitty ports of Ninja Gaiden 1-2 on that thanks to a bundle], and the PC version of 5/LR, so I know the history, duder. :doge )

This is like saying that (vanilla) Street Fighter IV got years of new content.

No it isn't. Because DOA5 is the fucking same no matter which verison you play. DOA5->5+ is the same. You could make a semi-argument of DOA5U/LR being different (because "muh new characters") but fundamentally the gameplay didn't change like SF4/SSF4's did.

It didn't- they kept releasing updated versions with more DLC added.  With the new versions, they dropped support for the previous ones so you had to buy the upgrades to keep going.

...Which you could classify as DLC in DOA5's case as the system/gameplay didn't fundamentally change. :doge 

IIRC when Last Round hit, you could pay(or was it free?) to upgrade right to the equivalent of Last Round on PS3 and 360,

It was free, IIRC. You just didn't get the LR "additions"/characters (I think Jackie and the like?) unless you bought them.

however not all the LR content was compatible and they wound up dropping support after a little while.  I think on PS3 they actually hit the limit of how much DLC was allowed, lol.

Correct. There was a RAM limit on PS3, which is why PS360 was dropped (though the DLC still hit PC just without the deformation bullshit that PS4 got)

They put out ridiculously-priced season passes for DOA5 LR, too -that's where this started-

Yes, I know. :doge 

and that game was much more positively-received and liked by its community.  Still didn't stop them from just cutting all DLC releases and suddenly announcing support for the game had stopped (including sponsored tournaments), and then announcing DOA6 some months later.

...Because they at least knew they were going to do DOA6. They basically said "The game is done. We're going to focus on the next DOA title." Here... they didn't say that. :doge

This feels like that to me, just in a much faster time table, which is why I think it's going to be them announcing an updated version and not something completely new.  Plus KT loves to recycle them some assets.

I dunno. The Last Round finishing announcement had an air of optimism. This didn't.

In terms of PR, DOA6 was just DOA5 all over again-

...Except it wasn't, because:

they said that DOA5 was also going to be "toned" down

and it ended up being the most ridiculous entry in the series as far as the tiddy goes.

:doge :doge And at that point, the horse was already out of the barn/gate when it comes to preceptions. "Oh they're turning down the titty? I'm not buying it."

DOA6 remains toned down in some ways (Rachel's fiend costume is a good example), but is still full of pervy costumes and shit.

Which is mixed messaging. Which is what I was/am getting at: The game had a complete disaster of marketing and it flopped.

If they are doing another game, I think they should go make sure to change up how they handle DLC and try not to be so INSANE with it...but this is KT and frankly I don't think that's going to happen.

Agreed. But they should ignore Evo and toning down the sexiness. That's not what the fanbase wants/needed.

doa6 wasn't a flop,

If you say so. :doge IIRC, the sales are UNDER DOA5's. Which means it... flopped... :doge

also doa not being at evo has nothing to do with KT other than maybe them not cutting wizard a big enough check.

Yes, I know. Wizard is a Capcuck. We all know this. The only reason he finally relented and let animu/airdashers and Smash in is because he saw a bigger paycheck/attention than Capcom-only shit did (because Capcom is on a downhill jam in regards to fucking up shit)

he's had a stance for years and years that he'll never have that game at US evo, which is probably fine cause the doa world championship had a bigger monetary prize than every game at evo combined. :lol

*shrug* All I'm saying is, their "we're toning down the sex-appeal to appeal to Evo/tournaments" failed. Nobody wanted it, nobody that is tournament players picked it up (because DOA is seen as a "joke game" in the community) and it failed to garner sales. It flopped, my dudes.

Now if they're doing another one? I can't say, I hope they do (though make it DOA7 and wash their hands of the disaster that was 6), and I hope they fix the issues/problems that 6 and it's marketing had. But it's Tecmo: I doubt it, and I'm dubious about it continuing when they basically pissed off ALL the fanbase in the process with 6.

Tasty

« Reply #3823 on: April 02, 2020, 01:00:18 PM »
 :whatisthis

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3824 on: April 02, 2020, 01:11:24 PM »
it's not even on sale on steam. :gabenpls

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3825 on: April 02, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »
I dunno. The Last Round finishing announcement had an air of optimism. This didn't.

???

They announced it was "done" at a tournament and the dude was pretty much crying about it.   :doge

In terms of PR, DOA6 was just DOA5 all over again-

...Except it wasn't, because:

they said that DOA5 was also going to be "toned" down

You're not getting me, here- I mean both were handled the same: "No-titty" trojan horses.

If you say so. :doge IIRC, the sales are UNDER DOA5's. Which means it... flopped... :doge

What sales numbers?  Am not seeing anything.  It's not just that the game released on three platforms with both digital and physical versions, but also like Last Round, went free to play and they must still have been making money off of DLC sales to keep pumping stuff out for a year.  Core Fighters had over 1.5 million downloads by September 2019- they probably did well enough off character and costume transactions.
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3827 on: April 05, 2020, 01:22:30 PM »
http://archive.is/TTlun

SNK Gals Fighters Spotted in Korean Ratings Boards for Nintendo Switch

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3828 on: April 05, 2020, 01:23:14 PM »
iori dickgirl time :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3829 on: April 05, 2020, 01:28:24 PM »
http://archive.is/TTlun

SNK Gals Fighters Spotted in Korean Ratings Boards for Nintendo Switch

Speculation is this will be another freebie included with the upcoming SS Collection.  Weird extra, but OK.
ど助平

Tasty

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3831 on: April 17, 2020, 12:02:56 AM »
Guilty Gear Strive closed beta has started.  Love how smooth it plays.  How the hell does this look even better than Granblue?  All the music has lyrics, too. 
:lawd
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3832 on: April 17, 2020, 12:09:55 AM »
I didn't get in.  :'(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3833 on: April 17, 2020, 06:48:03 AM »

Season 2 DLC starts in the fall and content is being released through at least Summer 2021.
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3834 on: April 17, 2020, 09:32:24 AM »
GBF needs a sale bad, it's not on any key services. I want it, but I want base+S1 for <$60.  :money

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3835 on: April 17, 2020, 12:13:28 PM »
feel like im seeing even more of ragna in sol now

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3836 on: April 17, 2020, 02:49:20 PM »

I see if you pre-order the limited production run version of the Switch anniversary collection, they send you a key.  For a PS4 game.   :doge

Too bad you can't just pre-order it, then cancel. 

GBF needs a sale bad, it's not on any key services. I want it, but I want base+S1 for <$60.  :money

It's weird- I still can't quite find a main in GBF.  I still like the game despite having not played it much (that's how much I disliked that dumb quest mode- clearing it just made me stop playing).  And yet just the little of the Strive beta against the CPU I played yesterday was 10 times better.  It shits all over BB Tag and DBZ and a bit on GBF.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #3837 on: April 19, 2020, 01:31:06 PM »

I see if you pre-order the limited production run version of the Switch anniversary collection, they send you a key.  For a PS4 game.   :doge

Japan  :japancry

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3838 on: April 19, 2020, 05:18:13 PM »

Japan  :japancry

Nah, 'Murica.  :usacry It's another one of those "limited run" type publishers.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3839 on: April 19, 2020, 05:31:28 PM »
The beta ended up being a mess for me when online play went live.  I got in like two matches before it got all wonky and stopped letting matches happen.  I was just stuck in a lobby and couldn't do anything.  Eventually the game just crashed and I couldn't get back in.   :lol 

The lobby system itself is also pretty stupid. 
ど助平