Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428749 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #4080 on: August 01, 2020, 04:03:15 PM »
Thing is: They keep trying to "casualize" their animu air-dashing and it just alienates people after the tournament one year later.

Granblue is dead on a vine, especially on PC. Blazblue Cross-tag is somewhat viable but dead/dying, especially with no Evo this year for it. Guilty was always niche, but "popular" niche because of it's music. Blazblue was it's own thing and only because of Sega-Sammy issues at the time. Once they got Guilty back most of the west didn't give a shit about Blazblue.

Dragonball is the only "casual" fighter they have that is popular and that's based on the popularity of Dragonball, if Marvel: Infinite didn't fuck up most Marvel players would probably be playing Infinite over DBFZ, but that's just me theorizing.

AFAIK, the reason they're redoing the models is because they went from Unreal Engine 3 to 4. Which I don't fully understand why they'd have to redo all that work, but apparently that'd be the reason (or whatever) due to pipeline/work-flow redo's.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:08:06 PM by thisismyusername »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4081 on: August 01, 2020, 11:53:38 PM »
Setsuka redesign took an iconicook and made her into generic ninja trash. I bet re mouth breathers will love it tho because her tits have been put away. I really hate how the characters look in sc6. sorry I don't know why I'm so agressive today either

They're also including her SCIV look in the game, too.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4082 on: August 01, 2020, 11:55:32 PM »
I'm all for a new game.  But if you're going to start over...START OVER- keep a couple of characters from the last GG and then give us mostly new ones.

But nobody really does this anymore.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:24:22 AM by bork »
ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #4083 on: August 02, 2020, 02:32:13 AM »
I'm all for a new game.  But if you're going to start over...START OVER- keep a couple of characters from the last GG and then give us mostly new ones.

But nobody really does this anymore.
I think at this point they consider those original GG characters their street fighter 2 world warriors (RIP KLIFF, JUSTICE, TESTAMENT, BAIKEN) Like people are focusing on the XRD connection but its more that they're just grabbing all the super old never-miss-a-game ones for the new game.

Does feel a bit bullshit to get XRD charas shown before anyone from GGX/GGXX, though. Like throw us a bone and have Anji or ABA show up or something

Bebpo

« Reply #4084 on: August 02, 2020, 03:13:40 AM »
The problem is they are too many regulars and if every time they reboot they're gonna have to chop the roster down because of dev time/cost you end up with the same group over and over plus a couple of people.

Xrd didn't even finish getting all the XX people on board. It really could've used one more game to bring back a few more and add a few more new characters. I think the sales must've been pretty poor wtih Rev2 sadly.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #4085 on: August 02, 2020, 09:35:21 AM »
I still am a little irked they started over with Strive instead of just making a GGX3rd 3rd that expanded the cast more.

Xrd already looked and played fantastic and had a nice sized roster. There was no need or reason to restart and have to go back to a tiny little cast that will take 5 years just to get back to the Xrd roster plus a couple new characters. Going from XX to Xrd made sense from sprites -> 2.5d. Strive would've made more sense as a Blazblu game doing that same jump. Rebooting from 2.5d to slightly better looking 2.5d at the cost of most of the roster is pointless.

Although that's from a player PoV, I get from a business point of view Strive exists because they feel like iterations only keep the existing player base which shrinks each sequel, whereas a new game has the opportunity to expand the audience, especially with Strive's more accessible gameplay they are going with and making it even more flashy look (although as good as it looks, I still can barely tell the difference from Xrd because Xrd looks THAT GOOD).

Both Guilty Gear Xrd and now Guilty Gear Strive are mostly showcases for their production pipeline/tools. Arcsys' most successful fighting games are their license stuff. That's why its good they are trying to put rollback in strive, because the games they will make after this will be based on strive in the same way Rev1 is the base for dragonball and granblue.

as far as strive as a game on its own goes, nagoriyuki looks cool. a mix of baiken and hakumen normals with slayer stuff (bite and dash, at least). it also seemed he had an install in the trailer: sometimes the mask is on, sometimes off. sometimes the sword is red, sometimes not. There were also sometimes red streaks flowing from the opponent to nagoriyuki, so maybe there is a vampire element to this. Would be cool if there were blood mechanics in all of this. ABA is my fav GG character, though I think arcsys are well beyond designing anything as over-involved as ABAs blood mechanics these days  :'(

granblue couldnt keep my attention very long, and I kinda dont expect strive to do so either

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #4088 on: August 03, 2020, 11:44:31 AM »

PS4 fightsticks will work on PS5. Good thing I don't have to buy a new one.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4089 on: August 03, 2020, 12:19:52 PM »
That's good news.  Now all we need are some PS5 fighting games.

Would like to see them announce something like the backwards-compatible fighting games run with nearly no load times and upscale to 4K or something.

Also won't be surprised if Capcom announces a PS5 SFV port, with the PS4 SFV not being backwards-compatible. 
:doge
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4090 on: August 03, 2020, 12:44:22 PM »
I was kind of expecting peripheral backwards compatibility to a good extent as MS has confirmed pretty much everything on 1/X will work on SX, and Sony won't want to give up a bullet point.

Would like to see them announce something like the backwards-compatible fighting games run with nearly no load times and upscale to 4K or something.

Also won't be surprised if Capcom announces a PS5 SFV port, with the PS4 SFV not being backwards-compatible. 

I can see all of the companies restricting NVMe-level SSD optimization to definitive-edition-style portjobs but hope to be wrong. I especially hope they update all of these on PC some day but not holding breath.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4091 on: August 03, 2020, 04:25:51 PM »
Why would they need to update NVMe on PC? AFAIK if you just put the game on those, it runs faster than the SSD already?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4092 on: August 03, 2020, 05:40:42 PM »
I got one for xmas and never got much of an increase over standard SSD loading times despite it being six times faster and putting most of what I play often on it? I understand it's due to games not being optimized for rather than straight up access speed...

also noting PS4 controls won't work on PS5 games as of now so I was deadass wrong about Sony not wanting a bullet point.  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4093 on: August 05, 2020, 01:10:50 PM »
Dan, Rose, and Oro confirmed for SFV!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4094 on: August 05, 2020, 01:13:58 PM »
Akira from Rival Schools also announced
ど助平

« Reply #4095 on: August 05, 2020, 01:14:18 PM »
Anyone playing Maxi Boost ON? It is available outside Asia, you know. It is a fighting game, you know.
野球

Beezy

« Reply #4096 on: August 05, 2020, 01:20:01 PM »
Smh at Dan before Rose. I guess I'll pick up SFV again next year.

Anyone playing Maxi Boost ON? It is available outside Asia, you know. It is a fighting game, you know.
It's good? I'm always open to Gundam games, you know.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4097 on: August 05, 2020, 01:33:36 PM »
Gonna be a while for this new content.

The video (Dan is briefly shown, the rest are just footage from older games):

ど助平

« Reply #4098 on: August 05, 2020, 01:41:52 PM »
Quote from: Beezy
It's good? I'm always open to Gundam games, you know.

It's good. Got my physical copy from Hong Kong today.
野球

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4099 on: August 05, 2020, 02:09:25 PM »
 :obama

final slot deffo Decapre.  :lol

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #4101 on: August 05, 2020, 04:33:53 PM »
"new battle mechanic" sounds scary imo. They added red focus to the last update for street fighter 4 because they thought the hardcore fanbase wouldn't be satisfied with just 'more characters' (especially since they were just copy-pasted from SFxT) and that mechanic was dogshit. I think SF5 is fine the way it is as far as mechanics go, so I dont really want them just throwing something in all willy-nilly. Maybe they'll add a second set of v-reversals and we can go full KOF98 Final Edition, that would be pretty benign.

Also hope the last character is a new character. It would make sense that they wouldn't just reveal a new character with a pre-production sketch, since they might feel like they gotta introduce the character and have them actually make an impression while the older, established ones can be carried by people remembering them from older games. The new characters they've added in 5 have generally been quite good imo. (the unannounced character having so few costumes basically gives away that it is a man, right?  :lol)

Also cool to see Akira added. Great way of adding a character that fulfills the desire for makoto in terms of aesthetics, without adding another gorilla grappler. Oro and Rose are cool too, though it still remains to be seen how cool oro is without his trademark bullshit, as that will surely be left behind.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4102 on: August 05, 2020, 05:47:06 PM »
he has a turtle now, I am excited.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #4103 on: August 05, 2020, 06:06:21 PM »
he always had a turtle friend, featured in one of his win animations too. After winning three games in a row, the turtle comes out to cheer him on. Yang has a similar thing with his cat. Here's a video

bonus pic of Oro and his best bud, the turtle:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

thisismyusername

« Reply #4104 on: August 05, 2020, 06:13:14 PM »
I got one for xmas and never got much of an increase over standard SSD loading times despite it being six times faster and putting most of what I play often on it? I understand it's due to games not being optimized for rather than straight up access speed...

(Image removed from quote.)

also noting PS4 controls won't work on PS5 games as of now so I was deadass wrong about Sony not wanting a bullet point.  :lol

Weird. I really can't think of a reason why NVMe would take a performance hit (beyond bandwidth optimization? I guess?) when there really isn't anything stopping it in the read/write regards.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4105 on: August 09, 2020, 11:07:49 AM »
BREAKING:

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/1292430444672163842

trOllNO is leaving. Maybe SF6 and Marvel will be good.

RIP to his push for Dark Stalkers, but S/USF4 was the only good thing he put out under his direction.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4106 on: August 09, 2020, 12:35:13 PM »
I still would like to get clarification on how much of what has been done with Capcom fighting games over the past decade or so is all entirely him.

That said, SFV's new content being handled by different people(?) and SF6 getting a new director feels like a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to seeing how things turn out.

Now watch Ono go over to BAMCO and start working with his buddy, Harada.  :P
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #4107 on: August 09, 2020, 01:41:37 PM »
I still would like to get clarification on how much of what has been done with Capcom fighting games over the past decade or so is all entirely him.

He was the department head. Every shitty decision (Infinite's was Disney, mostly. But Capcom/Ono is the one that gave them the ok/yes to those shitty decisions) post-SF4 was on Ono's direction.

I don't hate him or anything, but his leadership was really poor given the output Capcom made.

Marvel 3 was the last good one before his leadership really sank the quality of various series.

Deep Down is in development hell, if not outright cancelled because of him.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 01:46:27 PM by thisismyusername »

thisismyusername

« Reply #4108 on: August 09, 2020, 01:48:25 PM »
Also apparently Max knew days ago: https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyTameTaroLitty

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4109 on: August 09, 2020, 01:55:33 PM »
I met Ono once way back during the 3DS EU press launch event. A small jolly guy who genuinely enjoyed talking about his games back then.
Some of the mainstream press didn't even recognize him and kept asking us who he was and why people wanted his autographs and such.
They all thought he was the creator of Zelda or Resident Evil or something lol.

Ono really did his part in setting Capcom's current course and mitigating the damage Inafune had done to the company so even if not all his projects worked out the hate train is kinda weird for me.

I'm sure some other studio or publisher will scoop him up.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #4110 on: August 09, 2020, 02:37:09 PM »
Yeah, I got no skin in this since I don't play Capcom fighters much post-SF4 and I didn't think SF4 was as good as people made it out to be (goddamn it was ugly) and didn't like MvC3 that much (again, goddamn it was ugly), but Ono seemed like a passionate good guy, so hopefully he has a nice retirement and this helps the fighting game division at Capcom improve.

thetylerrob

« Reply #4111 on: August 09, 2020, 03:34:42 PM »
Ono has always been obnoxious and he really shouldn't have kept going with the whole trolling schtick after SFV was so bad, but blaming him for all of the issues with Capcom's fg division seems like some classic corporate scapegoating. Harada is also kinda shitty so that association isn't really helping his case though.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4112 on: August 09, 2020, 03:45:05 PM »
>MvC3
>Ugly
:what

Has Justin Bebpo not seen Crack Addict DMC3 Dante in Infinite?

Left: Launch/Development version that released
Right: "Fixed," I guess. Infinite was such a bomb I couldn't give a shit about following it's disaster too closely.

thisismyusername

Himu

« Reply #4114 on: August 09, 2020, 04:19:27 PM »
Although Capcom execs can be blamed for a lot, Ono is one of the main reasons for the failures of these games the past decade. People forget that Ono is an exec. He's just as complicit. Ono is lucky and should be grateful SFIV and MVC3 were as good as they were.

Hope the new director is much better.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #4115 on: August 09, 2020, 05:22:23 PM »
>MvC3
>Ugly

Has Justin Bebpo not seen Crack Addict DMC3 Dante in Infinite?

Left: Launch/Development version that released
Right: "Fixed," I guess. Infinite was such a bomb I couldn't give a shit about following it's disaster too closely.

Infinite being terrible looking doesn't make MvC3 any less bad looking. Capcom has not been great with art in fighters for a while. SFV was leagues improvement and actually looks pretty nice.

Not that visuals are all that important in a fighter, but it helps.

Himu

« Reply #4116 on: August 09, 2020, 05:28:07 PM »
Not that visuals are all that important in a fighter

Visuals are everything to a fighter. Who wants to play a fighter where the moves don't look cool? The graphics in Third Strike and other games directly inspired me to want to play them. The aesthetic of Guilty Gear is why I bought X2. What about Darkstalkers? VF2? VF3? VF4? VF5? Graphics in a fighting game were often the early linchpins to drive the sell of a system because they pushed the graphics better than any genre that early in a generation.

And MvC3 is one of the best looking fighhting games of all time. It looks and animates like a living, breathing comic book. To say it doesn't look good is an opinion way out of the ordinary.

This is a bananas statement to make. Visuals matter A LOT to fighting games.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #4117 on: August 09, 2020, 05:40:46 PM »

I always thought the low detail ugly cell-shading art style was pretty crap, especially coming from MvC2's sharp detailed pixel graphics. I get that they had to run on weak hardware and have 6 character models with special effects + background, but when there's tons of great cell-shading like Arc Sys, this just looks weak.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4118 on: August 09, 2020, 05:43:46 PM »
Yeah, I got no skin in this since I don't play Capcom fighters much post-SF4 and I didn't think SF4 was as good as people made it out to be (goddamn it was ugly) and didn't like MvC3 that much (again, goddamn it was ugly), but Ono seemed like a passionate good guy, so hopefully he has a nice retirement and this helps the fighting game division at Capcom improve.

Yeah, I don't agree with you on this either.  MvC3 especially looked fantastic.  I liked SF4's style because it reminded me a lot of early 90's era Capcom fighting games gone 3D and SFV is an evolution of it.

Now, MvC Infinite?  THAT is an ugly game.  Some of those models are just so bad- especially compared to MvC3.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4119 on: August 09, 2020, 05:47:13 PM »

I always thought the low detail ugly cell-shading art style was pretty crap, especially coming from MvC2's sharp detailed pixel graphics. I get that they had to run on weak hardware and have 6 character models with special effects + background, but when there's tons of great cell-shading like Arc Sys, this just looks weak.

MvC2?

They were just re-using the same sprites from older games.  Some of which were unchanged from 1994/1995 when the game came out in 2000. 

MvC3 looks better IMO.

Hell, so does the generally-forgotten about Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 05:53:38 PM by bork »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #4120 on: August 09, 2020, 05:53:56 PM »

You're using an image.

Video is everything. It's hard to take seriously the opinion that MVC3 looks bad

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4121 on: August 09, 2020, 05:55:48 PM »
It's hard to take seriously the opinion that MVC3 looks bad

There's no right or wrong answer here.  I just don't think a lot of people are going to be on Bebpo's side on this one.  :P
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4122 on: August 09, 2020, 05:58:28 PM »
As much as I miss sprite-based fighting games, one thing that I don't miss is the constant re-use of the same assets over and over again.  It's just crazy to think that the same sprites were recycled in some games for like 10 years
:dizzy
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4123 on: August 09, 2020, 06:02:46 PM »
I get it's a personal taste thing and most people think MvC3 looks fine. I've always thought it looked pretty gross like SF4.

Like I greatly prefer the cell-shaded style of Tatsunoko v Capcom. Mostly the same models but the cell-shading is much sharper and cleaner. MvC3 just looks blurry to me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4124 on: August 09, 2020, 06:05:09 PM »
I get it's a personal taste thing and most people think MvC3 looks fine. I've always thought it looked pretty gross like SF4.

Like I greatly prefer the cell-shaded style of Tatsunoko v Capcom. Mostly the same models but the cell-shaded is much sharper and cleaner. MvC3 just looks blurry to me.

That image is 1600x900 and appears to be filtered via an emulator- TvC wasn't that clean.  The Wii could output 480P max.

Do you have UMvC3 on PS4 or Steam?  Might help to boot it up and see how it looks. 

Aesthetically, I prefer the way TvC looks to MvC3 as well.  The models are a lot simpler in comparison, but it looks more colorful.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4125 on: August 09, 2020, 06:09:17 PM »
I *think* this may be the game running on a Wii.

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #4126 on: August 09, 2020, 06:11:14 PM »

There's no right or wrong answer here.  I just don't think a lot of people are going to be on Bebpo's side on this one.  :P

Nah, and the idea expressed that visuals don't matter to a fighting game actually triggers me.

It's why something like Project Justice or VF2 still looks good despite being dated.

Fighting games are rarely about tech. Visually their main draw is aesthetics.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4127 on: August 09, 2020, 06:12:32 PM »
Have you seen UMvC3 on pc, Bebpo?

TVC does not look like that out of the box.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4128 on: August 09, 2020, 06:20:33 PM »

Nah, and the idea expressed that visuals don't matter to a fighting game actually triggers me.

Believe me, I very much remember the time when fighting games were showcase titles and system-sellers-- that was when I was frequenting arcades and working at an import/used game store.  New Capcom and Namco releases in particular were like huge events where all the games were pre-sold out or gone within minutes of the shipment arriving.  The good ol' days.

But this time also passed and when you get to the 2000s, nobody really cared except the hardcore.  The graphics on a lot of these games looked dated since as mentioned they kept re-using older sprites.  The last time I remember a fighting game being a really big deal for a system launch was DOA3 on the XBox.  By the time the 360 hit, people were more interested in whatever the next big FPS or 3D action game was.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #4129 on: August 09, 2020, 06:24:40 PM »
I'm not arguing graphics much less technical showcases in that post. In fact, I argued literally the opposite. Project justice is hardly a showcase. But it still looks good because the visuals all about doing cool moves.

The point is that fighters look cool. Visuals are VERY important to getting that across. How do you know if a move is punishable or not? Often by the visuals. SNK reused assets for decades and still made them look cool as fuck.

It's weird you think I'd use Project Justice, a 2000 game, as an example of graphics or technical showcase. Visuals go beyond graphics. But the visuals are still important. Dig?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4130 on: August 09, 2020, 06:36:03 PM »
Personally I don't play fighters I think are ugly. It's a big reason I have given up on sfv and will (with luck and hope) never play it again.

It's also why I didn't buy MVCI or KOF14.

Basically, this.

IYKYK

thetylerrob

« Reply #4131 on: August 09, 2020, 07:35:19 PM »
I definitely was disappointed with how MvC3 looked at the time because I didn't like the high contrast straight black shadows they put on everything. Morrigans character portrait from the screen you posted is somehow like 60% black when she has bright green hair and a light blue shirt on.

The color palette in 2 is defintely a lot more vivid and that pixel art is still gorgeous even if they don't have consistent quality across the whole cast.

All that said, MvC3 looks 100x better in motion and the music, sound effects, and animations all nailed the bombastic feel that the series was known for and IMO it ended up being the best game in the series overall. I just wish it had gotten one more update to balance the cast a bit more.

SFV was leagues improvement and actually looks pretty nice.
I can't abide by this though, SFV is ugly as AF.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 07:43:38 PM by thetylerrob »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4132 on: August 09, 2020, 07:50:58 PM »
I don't think SFV is ugly- if there's one thing I've always liked about every Street Fighter from II onward, it's the visuals.

Now, some of the character outfits and/or colors, on the other hand...

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4133 on: August 09, 2020, 07:52:34 PM »
Personally I don't play fighters I think are ugly. It's a big reason I have given up on sfv and will (with luck and hope) never play it again.

It's also why I didn't buy MVCI or KOF14.

KOFXIV was a good game, though.   :'(

Samurai Shodown 2019 was a HUGE step up from its (and Heroines) visuals, so I expect good things from 15.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4134 on: August 09, 2020, 08:42:30 PM »
Yeah, I don't think graphics matter much for fighters.
KoFXIV is a good example. Great game, looks pretty iffy, but looking iffy allowed them to have a larger roster which benefited the gameplay, so it's fine.

For MvC3/UMvC3, I played them on PS3, so maybe the PS4/PC versions look sharper. But it's more the aesthetic than resolution.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4135 on: August 09, 2020, 11:42:38 PM »
Yeah, I don't think graphics matter much for fighters.
KoFXIV is a good example. Great game, looks pretty iffy, but looking iffy allowed them to have a larger roster which benefited the gameplay, so it's fine.

For MvC3/UMvC3, I played them on PS3, so maybe the PS4/PC versions look sharper. But it's more the aesthetic than resolution.

On a technical level, MvC3 (and SF4 for that matter- 360 ran closer to the arcade versions) were the worst-performing on PS3 and the main reason why 360 became the tournament standard during that time.

I think, especially looking at the video Cindi posted, that while they obviously go together, we can separate animation from character models/sprite work- it's the latter that some people will say that they don't care about when it comes to fighters.

Plus KOF XIV ended up looking a little better than initial reveals (that video was made before it came out), but still had a pretty dated look. 
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #4136 on: August 10, 2020, 01:08:35 AM »
I'll never not be salty that they dropped the sprites from '13 to PS2 launch models textures in '14. They should've gone to Arc's Unreal Engine talk and just used that for KoF.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #4137 on: August 10, 2020, 02:54:36 AM »
I think graphics matter. I really dislike playing ugly looking FGs, and I think a game that's visually noisy makes it worse that something that is clear about what's going on.

But then again, I think Street Fighter V is good looking, and I played assloads of KI2013 even though it looks like shit so maybe I'm full of it

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4138 on: August 10, 2020, 07:35:17 AM »
I'll never not be salty that they dropped the sprites from '13 to PS2 launch models textures in '14. They should've gone to Arc's Unreal Engine talk and just used that for KoF.

Really doubt we would have gotten a lot of newer additions had the re-used KOFXIII sprites.  And it would have looked worse since those were 720P sprites- just don't see these companies spending the time and money to update sprites nowadays.  Which is funny, since you have smaller devs or individuals making indie games with higher res/well-animated sprites, lol.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4139 on: August 10, 2020, 07:50:00 AM »
Granblue Belial trailer and Cagliostro teaser:

ど助平