Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 433414 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #4261 on: February 12, 2021, 09:11:38 PM »

Really like what they've shown.  New mechanic is going to be a game-changer!
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4262 on: February 12, 2021, 10:39:12 PM »
What's the new mechanic?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4263 on: February 12, 2021, 11:34:10 PM »
What's the new mechanic?

V-Shift.  It's a new defensive backstep/dodge/counter mechanic.  The video goes into detail around the 21:20 mark.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4264 on: February 17, 2021, 07:51:55 PM »
So Arcsys said the new beta for Guilty Gear was

Feb 16th - If you're a content creator/FGC person
Feb 17th @ 10am - If you pre-order the digital version of the game from PSN store
Feb 18th - for everyone

Well it's Feb 17th and I pre-ordered the game from PSN store earlier this week and it let me download the PS5 open beta but when booting it it says it's not the beta access time yet so can't play.

-_-

I mean fine I'll play tomorrow, but that arcsys sure fucked this up.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #4265 on: February 17, 2021, 08:22:31 PM »

Feb 17th @ 10am - If you pre-order the digital version of the game from PSN store
Feb 18th - for everyone

Well it's Feb 17th and I pre-ordered the game from PSN store earlier this week and it let me download the PS5 open beta but when booting it it says it's not the beta access time yet so can't play.

-_-

I think the server is closed for another 2 hours.

I preordered here in Aus and apparently that's not worth early entry, even though the store page said it was!

Bebpo

« Reply #4266 on: February 17, 2021, 08:29:43 PM »

Feb 18th - for everyone

-_-

I think the server is closed for another 2 hours.

I preordered here in Aus and apparently that's not worth early entry, even though the store page said it was!

Ah, maybe I just had the wrong time. Someone said 10am PST on the 17th. I guess I'll check back later tonight and see if it works.

That's pretty bullshit about Australia, but this whole thing seems kinda a mess.

The impressions I've been reading of Strive are that the lobbies are beyond terrible, but the game is fantastic and the rollback netcode is fantastic so the core stuff works.

I'm kinda suprised in a good way that everyone is saying the gameplay is fantastic since I thought everyone was bitching in the early reveals that it was dumbed down and lame and sucks now.

remy

« Reply #4267 on: February 17, 2021, 08:32:39 PM »

I'm kinda suprised in a good way that everyone is saying the gameplay is fantastic since I thought everyone was bitching in the early reveals that it was dumbed down and lame and sucks now.
People say that about every game. No doubt some characters have had some, arguably superfluous, options removed but a game even vaguely guilty gear was never going to be simple

Bebpo

« Reply #4268 on: February 17, 2021, 08:37:00 PM »
Yeah I like Arcsys fighters a lot, so had faith in Strive. Just glad it sounds like it's turning out fine.

I just want the game to sell enough that they stick with it for 3-5 years building the roster up. X3rd really could've used one more roster boosting game. Hopefully Strive gets 3 games + 3 season passes to fill out. I never got my Zappa for instance.

Bebpo

« Reply #4269 on: February 17, 2021, 08:39:54 PM »
Also I hope we get Baiken & Dizzy early this time. Baiken really should've been in the initial roster (maybe she'll be the final entry?) given they took years to add her to 3rd and she's awesome.

Dizzy's a lot of fun. I'm surprised Venom didn't make the initial cast. His poolball stuff brings some of the more unique gameplay setups in GG.

I love Slayer (he's basically my main in GG) but Giovanna seems like a Slayer replacement so that's fine.

remy

« Reply #4270 on: February 17, 2021, 09:13:45 PM »
Yeah I like Arcsys fighters a lot, so had faith in Strive. Just glad it sounds like it's turning out fine.

I just want the game to sell enough that they stick with it for 3-5 years building the roster up. X3rd really could've used one more roster boosting game. Hopefully Strive gets 3 games + 3 season passes to fill out. I never got my Zappa for instance.

It kinda gives me faith they might support this one and not nickle and dime people like their previous games because they're selling a 5 character season pass 1. That's already so far ahead of the 2 characters and a whole new version of the game for $60 model they had before.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4271 on: February 17, 2021, 09:16:26 PM »
Hopefully Strive gets 3 games + 3 season passes to fill out. I never got my Zappa for instance.

No.  Multiple iterations of the same game is what kills them- they don't need to do that anymore when the game can just be updated and more DLC characters added anyway.
ど助平

remy

« Reply #4272 on: February 17, 2021, 09:24:19 PM »
I think the wording of season pass 1 specifically implies they might actually just stay on the one retail vers and update it. The gaas/esports trimmings suggest this too.

I agree that new box versions kill the game. That and delay based netcode. Xrd being delay based and new boxed copy every year had me like fuck this game. I hope strive fixes both problems

I kinda agree Baiken and Dizzy being added so late was a bit of a drag. I could see them in the character pass 1, but maybe they might save them for pass2 now?

I think the makeup of the pass is gonna be like 2x GGXX character 2x XRD character 1x Wildcard

Bebpo

« Reply #4273 on: February 17, 2021, 09:24:43 PM »
Has the years of "seasons" worked for SFV? And has it worked for any game that doesn't have the big name selling SF attached to it?

Guilty Gear sells iteration games because they sell fewer copies and I doubt season passes can fund the character roster/stage additions. I guess they can try it, but I have a feeling the sales for "Season 2" will drop as hard as Rev2 did or more.

Bebpo

« Reply #4274 on: February 17, 2021, 09:27:37 PM »
I think the wording of season pass 1 specifically implies they might actually just stay on the one retail vers and update it. The gaas/esports trimmings suggest this too.

I kinda agree Baiken and Dizzy being added so late was a bit of a drag. I could see them in the character pass 1, but maybe they might save them for pass2 now?

I think the makeup of the pass is gonna be like 2x GGXX character 2x XRD character 1x Wildcard

To be fair, they've already got Ramlethal and Leo. Outside flower gun girl I can't think of any X3rd characters that I'm in a rush to get back. Bedman? Girl in a muscle suit? Jack o Lantern? Raven? Ehh, they're alright, but not my thing. Ramlethal & Leo were the two characters I had the most fun playing in X3rd from the new cast so I'm glad both made the initial cut here. Leo is basically Guile without a projectile and better rushdown and Ramlethal has interesting gameplay with the huge radius hard hitting but slow swords.

But yeah I think the season pass will be like 1-2 new characters and 2-3 returning ones.

remy

« Reply #4275 on: February 17, 2021, 09:28:25 PM »
Has the years of "seasons" worked for SFV? And has it worked for any game that doesn't have the big name selling SF attached to it?
The only games active online are SFV and Tekken 7 that both had that structure, so I think so. We're in something like the 5th yearof SFV, which is roughly equiv to how long 4 is around.

The netcode for this game + the dope ass graphics might be a game changer for GG imo. Streamers are going apeshit over it on twitch more than any other guilty gear I've even seen. If the game is popular enough to play online people will drop cash on passes to get new characters.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4276 on: February 17, 2021, 09:32:02 PM »
The only games active online are SFV and Tekken 7 that both had that structure, so I think so. If the game is popular enough to play online people will drop cash on passes to get new characters.

Dragonball FighterZ and Mortal Kombat 11 as well.

Even the less-popular games keep getting content- look at Samurai Shodown 2019 (about to be on season 3) and Soul Calibur VI.  Plus Arc is doing this with Granblue Fantasy Versus- even adding in new story with updates.

And yes, Bebpo- the games as a service thing worked for Street Fighter V in the end.  Its sales have hit the point where Capcom considers it pretty successful now.  Over 5 million IIRC, which is pretty good considering that it's not available on Xbox and Nintendo platforms.  I have no doubt that Street Fighter 6 will be handled the same way.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:36:16 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4277 on: February 17, 2021, 09:35:08 PM »

To be fair, they've already got Ramlethal and Leo. Outside flower gun girl I can't think of any X3rd characters that I'm in a rush to get back. Bedman? Girl in a muscle suit? Jack o Lantern? Raven? Ehh, they're alright, but not my thing. Ramlethal & Leo were the two characters I had the most fun playing in X3rd from the new cast so I'm glad both made the initial cut here. Leo is basically Guile without a projectile and better rushdown and Ramlethal has interesting gameplay with the huge radius hard hitting but slow swords.

But yeah I think the season pass will be like 1-2 new characters and 2-3 returning ones.

Jack-O is the best character and needs to be back in there ASAP
:bolo
ど助平

remy

« Reply #4278 on: February 17, 2021, 09:40:56 PM »

Don't forget business suit Ninja guy! I actually barely played XRD so I don't know any of them. Raven seems like he's story relevant so he might come back Also does double duty as a GG2 Rep. I like Jack-O's Starcraft gimmick so she could come back, too.

I personally want A.B.A back, but I think she might have had her gimmick snatched by nagoriyuki. I think most of the pass should be GGXX people who haven't been around for a while like zappa and bridget or new characters.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4279 on: February 17, 2021, 10:55:56 PM »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4280 on: February 18, 2021, 12:19:53 AM »

Don't forget business suit Ninja guy! I actually barely played XRD so I don't know any of them. Raven seems like he's story relevant so he might come back Also does double duty as a GG2 Rep. I like Jack-O's Starcraft gimmick so she could come back, too.

I personally want A.B.A back, but I think she might have had her gimmick snatched by nagoriyuki. I think most of the pass should be GGXX people who haven't been around for a while like zappa and bridget or new characters.

Oh yeah, forgot about Bridget. That's another classic character that needs to come back.

Bebpo

« Reply #4281 on: February 18, 2021, 12:40:09 AM »
Holy fuck at Faust.

:whoo

They made him a horror monster that's scary & disturbing af! His down+triangle move is really disturbing.

Also he plays so weird here, I wasn't a Faust main but I played him enough in the past and I have no idea what I'm doing here. I wonder if all the characters are gonna be pretty changed.

The graphics are great but someone said earlier on how stupid it was that the standing stance is the character facing the screen and it really stands out as stupid. As long as you're moving you face towards the other player so it's normal but when in training and the other guy is just standing still it looks super weird.

Music is great.

Load times are...not as good as I would like for PS5. Hope they're still being optimized. Feels last-gen level.

Bebpo

« Reply #4282 on: February 18, 2021, 01:02:36 AM »
Nagoryuki is way too high level character for me. His blood gauge takes forever to build up and then when it activates you lose all your special moves which could really put you in a bad spot if you suddenly lose them (but instead you have far ranging/damaging normals).

May's moves look great, but I feel like she lost some moves. Her movelist seems pretty limited.

Also it's weird with the characters SO BIG and SO CLOSE. It feels more like a Samurai Shodown matchup than GG. Also I thought GG had standard A-B-C-D combo links but I'm having trouble linking normals. Not sure if that's different here or if I just am misremembering.

Loving all the vocal songs haha

And loading IS better, you just have to hit circle to skip the pre-fight intro.

Bebpo

« Reply #4283 on: February 18, 2021, 01:57:10 AM »
So this game is pretty weird. It doesn't feel like Guilty Gear, but it kinda does? GGX -> Xrd Rev 2 all feel pretty much the same with some small changes over time. But this game is the first game that feels like a whole new fighting game, which isn't bad, it's just different.

Some characters feel pretty similar like Leo and Chipp and Potemkin seems to benefit from the closer range fighting, but a lot of characters feel pretty different. Also the combo stuff definitely feels toned down and not as free form combo crazy, but until there is a mission mode with combos can't really tell. But like Ramlethal's DP+P dash attack used to be a 3 hit mash and now it's just a single hit. But instead she has a new 3 hit rush down move? It's just odd.

Also Sol losing his Dragon Install kinda sucks even if it's cool Ky has one.

And no Instant Kills so far...

Also playing this I remember the one Xrd character I do miss...Sin. Sin with his flag reach and food meter was really fun. Hope him and flower bunny gun girl get added at some point.

I'm also not feeling the wall breaks. They're way too often and they don't really seem to do anything? Can you even combo off them like you can in DoA?

Bebpo

« Reply #4284 on: February 18, 2021, 02:00:57 AM »
Also I need a PS5 stick. Dual Sense doesn't seem great for 2d fighters. Prefer DS4.

Bebpo

« Reply #4285 on: February 18, 2021, 02:02:32 AM »
Oh and Chipp has the worst art in the game. Everyone mostly looks great, but Chipp looks like they let some interns do his model.

Chipp was one of my mains in GGXX and was always the small cool ninja, so kinda bummed he looks so ugly even if he seems to play about as well.

Bebpo

« Reply #4286 on: February 18, 2021, 03:16:04 AM »
Ok, so I'm not crazy. They really took out the basic combo chains and it's not a crazy MvC style combo game and more a strategic footsie with normals and specials for a few big hits at a time game.

Weird. I thought the point of this was making it appeal more to casuals to sell more. Casuals love their big combos. Or maybe ArcSys thinks big combos are scary to casuals.

It's fine that this is its own thing. I just hope that if they do a 3d Blazblue reboot as their next major fighting game years down the line they leave the gameplay similar to Blazblue/classic GG and don't turn it into Street Fighter like this. I need my combo heavy anime fighters. Especially since MvC is dead for now.

remy

« Reply #4287 on: February 18, 2021, 04:13:59 AM »
people cooking up some crazy shit on twitter here and there https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/1361976831562375171
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:08:42 AM by bork »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4288 on: February 18, 2021, 08:09:46 AM »
Ok, so I'm not crazy. They really took out the basic combo chains and it's not a crazy MvC style combo game and more a strategic footsie with normals and specials for a few big hits at a time game.

The post right below yours seems to indicate otherwise.   :P
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4289 on: February 18, 2021, 11:13:25 AM »

Nope, go watch some high level play and not training mode dummies.

I watched 20 mins of Justin Wong playing and the highest combo either side got was 3 hits the entire time.

Everyone in the FGC threads are confirming they took out gattling combos and most of the combo routes/links from the last beta.

There's some broken stuff being found with jump/dash cancelling that will probably be gone when the final version releases, but that only applies to the highest skill level players as it requires constant inputs at like under 3 frames.

For casual/intermediate players this game doesn't have many combos, maybe less than SFV.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 11:35:17 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #4290 on: February 18, 2021, 11:33:04 AM »
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/1362311016575504391

The game has a ton of broken shit for extremely high level play. Feels like the final version will be pretty different than this.

Also this beta apparently plays way different from the last, like they don't know what they're trying to do.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4291 on: February 18, 2021, 11:38:26 AM »
wish they'd annouce crossplay. my mates are split between platforms and we could all get it on PC since it runs on a toaster, but a couple just want an excuse to turn the PS5s on.

Bebpo

« Reply #4292 on: February 18, 2021, 03:22:07 PM »
Yeah...I booted up Rev2 and outside the nicer graphics I don't think I like Strive.

Like I get its just different and need to enjoy it for what it is, but the UI is fucking terrible compared to Rev2 and in Rev2 I pop it in and pick Sol and I can mash out 10 hit combos without thinking and the moves have more multi-hit impact and it's just more fun to play.

Strive feels like a really restrained game for the high level play FGC and no one else.

Although I'm seeing a lot of posts on different forums from people saying "I could never get into Guilty Gear, but I love Street Fighter and I'm really enjoying this now that it's more like SF" so idk.

Just feels so weird because GG/BB were basically the combo-crazy fighters as an alternative to the more restrained SF/MK/KoF, in GG/BB you could juggle pretty much anything and add in roman cancels and you have an insane amount of options to just make your own combos up with your toolset.

Even though it's probably a small possibility I really hope they go back on removing normal chains/gattling and at least bring that back for the retail launch. I can live with moves like Sol's slide fire slash only hitting once instead of a bunch of cool hits if I can at least chain some normal slashes into a special move again.

Bebpo

« Reply #4293 on: February 18, 2021, 03:45:28 PM »
This article from last year's beta basically sums up my feelings after a night of Strive.

https://pattheflip.medium.com/guilty-gear-strive-cbt-impressions-a79fd3bb0eb1

Basically if Arcsys's goal was to make a more accessible fighter, they made changes so it's an even less accessible fighter. Also I want to punch everyone in the nuts who bitched that Xrd was "too hard to learn". I'm not great at fighting games and I still had fun and did ok in Xrd. Not everyone has to play at pro FGC level.

Bebpo

« Reply #4294 on: February 18, 2021, 03:47:25 PM »
Also apparently in the first beta you could still chain P->K and S -> HS and now none of those 4 basic commands will chain, so they've limited gatling even further beyond what people were complaining about a year ago. It just seems crazy to me.

Like last year you could combo off Sol's bandit revolver command grab, like you can do in X3rd, but now you can't.

It's almost like they want to make Strive a game where you can only combo by using roman cancels. So basically you save your RC meter and if you land a hit in you burst it and do a combo using RC. In earlier games RCs were great, but they were combo extenders, not the basis for doing a combo in the first place.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4295 on: February 18, 2021, 05:35:15 PM »

What high-level play?  This is a trial version of a game pretty much nobody is familiar with yet.   :lol  People are getting a feel for things right now.

I watched 20 mins of Justin Wong playing and the highest combo either side got was 3 hits the entire time.

Right in the first match- six hit combo.  10-hit combo happens right after the 2:00 minute mark.

For casual/intermediate players this game doesn't have many combos, maybe less than SFV.

I don't see that.  It looks to be more along the traditional 2D fighter lines, without chains, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have combos.  The damage may be limiting things, but this is a test and they're not done with it yet.

Just watching Wong play (someone who's obviously amazing at fighters, but Arc games aren't his BnB) I see him getting destroyed pretty quickly in some rounds- yup, looks like Guilty Gear or BlazBlue online play to me!   :lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 05:51:34 PM by bork »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4296 on: February 18, 2021, 06:00:37 PM »

What high-level play?  This is a trial version of a game pretty much nobody is familiar with yet.   :lol  People are getting a feel for things right now.

Well I can't pull off any combos that the FGC pros are making videos of.

So that is what I consider high-level. Beyond my skill ability.

Idk, I guess I just suck at this game. I can't pull off anything beyond a 2 hit, maybe 3 hit combo without using roman cancels. Even though just today popping in Rev2 with the same character and the same moves I can pull off 10-15 hit chains no problem.

I'll be very curious when launches with mission mode to see what combos they are recommending for BnB for entry level skill players.

Bebpo

« Reply #4297 on: February 18, 2021, 06:10:49 PM »
And it's not just me, or that guy in the blog, some choice quotes even just from the Era thread on the beta:

I miss Gatlings too but I’m slowly figuring out how to pressure the dummy with Sol. It’s just very difficult to figure out what cancels into what right now because it’s so counterintuitive. Like, why can’t I cancel 5K into 2K? Who fucking knows. I finally got a couple of block strings down but it all took so much trial and error. I don’t understand how a beginner is going to even understand this unless they just enjoy throwing out random hits because they don’t understand how combos work. At least with Gatlings they can just ABC that shit. The little I played of online last night was just people mashing shit out because they didn’t know any links.

Like I said in my other post, the removal of Gatling for combos was one thing, but what it did to basic confirms, air to air and more importantly, pressure, is one of the most unsatisfying shit I have ever experienced.

And for no reason, no newcomer is going to understand this at all it's counter intuitive while making it cumbersome for old timers.

That doesn't mean the game isn't fun, even a very limited game is gonna fun with RC and good rollback but holy shit do I disagree with so much.

A bit scared with the release in two months. But they teased they'd add moves etc.. over time so maybe adding back options could happen for big revisions.

In previous games, there were so many gatling routes routes that you could piece together a combo or blockstring pretty intuitively, since so many things just worked (sure, you were probably pretty far from optimized, but that's not really the point). The more restrictive system feels like it's sucked a lot of the creativity away, and also probably reduced accessibility. There is still interesting stuff you can do, but it seems more confined to juggles and using RCs.

The gatling change is just... weird to me considering everything else they've said about the game's design and goals. Like the basic idea of combo-ing quick weak moves into powerful slow ones is super intuitive for new players. It's very weird to hit a 5K as Ky and struggle to get any conversion off it (compared to older games in the series at least). Long term it's not the worst thing for me personally, but it definitely doesn't feel like regular Guilty Gear.

Each quote is from a different poster.

At the end of the day, if they keep Strive like this, I think it's just gonna be a love it or hate it divisive game depending on how strongly you feel about ABC/Gatling BnB combos. For me they're a huge deal almost to the point where it's a dealbreaker and I might end up bailing on Strive until their next fighter if they aren't going to change this back.

But fingers crossed the retail launch will be a good deal different in gameplay. But man, it's less than 2 months away. How much can they really change? Feels like they'll just nerf stuff and infinites and not make any major gameplay changes.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4298 on: February 18, 2021, 07:50:58 PM »
We don't know what build of the game this beta is based on.  Could be months old.

I don't know who those people are and a lot of the knowledgeable folks either never signed up for there or left it for Discord long ago.

Anyway, how do I get the beta?  I just pre-ordered it and would like to check this out for myself.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:45:12 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4299 on: February 18, 2021, 07:52:56 PM »
wish they'd annouce crossplay. my mates are split between platforms and we could all get it on PC since it runs on a toaster, but a couple just want an excuse to turn the PS5s on.

If you're just going to play with friends, it won't matter, but if you want to enjoy online for far longer with randoms, get it on PS4/PS5 for sure.  PC will drop off like a rock pretty quickly.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4300 on: February 18, 2021, 08:00:42 PM »
Had to go sign into PSN on the web to find the beta.  What a mess.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4301 on: February 18, 2021, 08:28:40 PM »
No beta testing available when I try to play it.
:dead

:nope
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4302 on: February 18, 2021, 09:50:31 PM »
Beta is back up
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4303 on: February 18, 2021, 10:48:25 PM »
My brief impressions on this beta:

-Load times can get kind of long.  20+ seconds to get into a training session offline.  Seems much better online.  Just had a match that took 25 seconds to get into.

-Online lobbies still suck.  I don't like the interface at all and they seem to have done nothing to change things from the last beta.  Stop doing the avatar shit- it sucks.

-Matches online are massively improved, holy SHIT is everything so smooth!  Only had one bad match.

-Started on 4F in the tower and won.  Went to 5F.  Won again.  6F.  Won two more times.  7F.  Finally lost to someone.  No rematch options available?

-Nagoriyuki seems pretty popular.  Kept getting matched against him.

-I don't really see this as being more like Street Fighter and I do think it's toned down and more accessible compared to the previous games.  Why?  It's just easier to pick up and play anyone compared to the last entry, IMO. 

-I'm by no means a GG expert, but I hopped into training mode and messed around and it wasn't difficult to do combos, so sorry Bebpo- I have no idea what you're going on about with this unless you just mean that it's less of a "mashy" game in that sense.  Toned down, though, yeah.

-Damage needs some adjustment- With Potemkin, I can win a match by doing just two of his "SPD" grab moves.  I beat a much better player than me who was working his ass off just because I hit those moves a couple of times.  :lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 11:17:36 PM by bork »
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #4304 on: February 18, 2021, 11:13:49 PM »
I haven't watched any matches yet, but Nagoriyuki reminds me of Hakumen and he's black. I will be using him. :)

remy

« Reply #4305 on: February 18, 2021, 11:21:13 PM »
Blackumen :rash

remy

« Reply #4306 on: February 18, 2021, 11:22:01 PM »

-Damage needs some adjustment- With Potemkin, I can win a match by doing just two of his "SPD" grab moves.  I beat a much better player than me who was working his ass off just because I hit those moves a couple of times.  :lol
I mean this is how I got my wins at GGAC back in the day too...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4308 on: February 19, 2021, 12:23:58 AM »

Good pros & cons breakdown.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4309 on: February 19, 2021, 07:19:39 AM »
Good video.  I dunno if this is the best netcode on PS4 -KOF 2002 Unlimited Match might still be better- but it's certainly #2 or tied with it.

Just fix or change that awful lobby system, plz.  And let's get some more characters added- roster feels too small.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:25:00 AM by bork »
ど助平

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4310 on: February 19, 2021, 07:30:33 AM »
If you're just going to play with friends, it won't matter, but if you want to enjoy online for far longer with randoms, get it on PS4/PS5 for sure.  PC will drop off like a rock pretty quickly.

we'll see i suppose. this shit runs on a toaster and it's coming day and date. can't imagine people with switches and xboxes or whatever getting a PS4/5 version and ponying up the monthly fee to play it either, especially if they can just grab their old SFIV xbox 360 fightstick and plug it into their fortnite PC to get the same experience.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4311 on: February 19, 2021, 07:53:22 AM »

we'll see i suppose. this shit runs on a toaster and it's coming day and date. can't imagine people with switches and xboxes or whatever getting a PS4/5 version and ponying up the monthly fee to play it either, especially if they can just grab their old SFIV xbox 360 fightstick and plug it into their fortnite PC to get the same experience.

Well, you'd be wrong.  Vast majority of fighting game players are on consoles and the 'FGC' at large went to the PS4 after SFV was announced as exclusive to PS4 on the consoles.  I'd just like to see more crossplay happen- if Power Rangers can get it on nearly every platform, there's no excuse for these bigger companies not to be doing so.

I did get Granblue on PC (that was a mistake, lol) but skipped out on BlazBlue CTB for this reason.  The only Arc game that seems to have lasted is DBZ, for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:57:49 AM by bork »
ど助平

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4312 on: February 19, 2021, 07:58:08 AM »
i don't mean FGC gremlins, i mean the sort of average dude who doesn't have a PS4, or has one gathering dust after getting a new xbox or whatever and doesn't want to start paying monthly again just to try one game out.

why the FGC lets itself be bent over a barrell by sony and gouged for online and new sticks every generation is another question.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4313 on: February 19, 2021, 07:59:21 AM »
i don't mean FGC gremlins, i mean the sort of average dude who doesn't have a PS4, or has one gathering dust and don't want to start paying monthly again just to try one game out.

why the FGC lets itself be bent over a barrell by sony and gouged for online and new sticks every generation is another question.

The average dude you're referring to isn't going to be bothering with GGS.   :doge 
ど助平

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4314 on: February 19, 2021, 08:01:41 AM »
i don't mean FGC gremlins, i mean the sort of average dude who doesn't have a PS4, or has one gathering dust and don't want to start paying monthly again just to try one game out.

The average dude you're referring to isn't going to be bothering with GGS.   :doge

GGS is getting way more hype than other animu fighters for whatever reason and i think they're doing a good job by hitching their skirts at the lapsed SF crowd whose only previous arcsys game was DBZ.

case in point: me and all my mates (one played GG, but he's a dirty swedish pervert)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4315 on: February 19, 2021, 08:12:03 AM »
It's a safe bet to make that there are going to be far, far more people playing this on consoles and nearly every game Arc has developed and released on PC fell way off post-launch- that goes for just about every fighting game on PC.  But you do you.

On the flip side, you can pre-order the deluxe version of the game with a nice discount on Green Man Gaming right now.
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4316 on: February 19, 2021, 01:09:04 PM »
haven't been able to get in the few times I've tried.

PS5 will have more people on but I just never end up playing fighters on my consoles, end up on PC so will probably just get it there. 

Bebpo

« Reply #4317 on: February 19, 2021, 01:24:42 PM »
Yeah, with PS4+PS5 crossplay, PC gonna be pretty empty I'd wager.

Though I can see the benefits of PC just due to variety of controllers. I'm just not loving Dual Sense for fighters so far. Buttons are bigger meaning having to push more for inputs and the d-pad feels bubbled up and not as smooth and instantaneous as DS4. It's a nice controller for a lot of games (feels like a DS4 with a bit of an xbox controller imo), just maybe not for fighters.

I don't play with a stick outside 3d fighters with a lot of tap inputs, so DS2-4 has served me pretty well for 4/5 button fighters last few gens, but if I'm gonna be stuck with Dual Sense for PS5 2d fighters, might need to look into 3rd party alternatives. Wish I could use my DS4, but I'd have to play the PS4 version in BC to do that which is stupid.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4318 on: February 19, 2021, 01:39:52 PM »
Yeah, with PS4+PS5 crossplay, PC gonna be pretty empty I'd wager.

Though I can see the benefits of PC just due to variety of controllers. I'm just not loving Dual Sense for fighters so far. Buttons are bigger meaning having to push more for inputs and the d-pad feels bubbled up and not as smooth and instantaneous as DS4. It's a nice controller for a lot of games (feels like a DS4 with a bit of an xbox controller imo), just maybe not for fighters.

I don't play with a stick outside 3d fighters with a lot of tap inputs, so DS2-4 has served me pretty well for 4/5 button fighters last few gens, but if I'm gonna be stuck with Dual Sense for PS5 2d fighters, might need to look into 3rd party alternatives. Wish I could use my DS4, but I'd have to play the PS4 version in BC to do that which is stupid.

Get a Hori fightpad- unless they don't work with PS5?
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4319 on: February 19, 2021, 02:40:33 PM »
They don't. I'm looking around online and right now nothing (even sticks?) work on the PS5 version of Strive.

If you play the PS4 version of Strive, everything works. But Sony implemented a really stupid controller lockout for native PS5 games and we probably need to wait until some official 3rd party PS5 controllers/sticks come out which will either be around when Strive launches or in another 1-2 years.

Honestly, since the PS4 is free with my PS5 pre-order, I might just play the PS4 version in BC mode instead if the load times aren't bad. Load times should be the same online anyhow since most users will be on PS4. So basically just slightly blurrier graphics but you get to use all your controllers.