Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 433024 times)

Bebpo

Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #4500 on: June 09, 2021, 04:55:30 PM »
The soundtrack to this game is so fire jc

It's criminal how low the music is on default. First thing I do is drop down everything else in audio. Also these songs don't even hit the chorus until like 90 seconds in and the match is probably over unless you're doing best 3 of 5  :lol :'(

Beezy

« Reply #4501 on: June 09, 2021, 10:02:22 PM »
Quickly being reminded while playing online that I'm painfully average at fighters. Lobbies still suck overall, but adding the zones and rematch are welcomed improvements over the beta lobbies.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4502 on: June 09, 2021, 10:12:07 PM »
Quickly being reminded while playing online that I'm painfully average at fighters. Lobbies still suck overall, but adding the zones and rematch are welcomed improvements over the beta lobbies.

The lobbies Arc uses NEED.  TO.  GO.  Just keep it simple and stop with the avatar shit.  But the netcode is great and rematches are nice. 

I think this game should have best 3 out of 5 as the standard- the rounds are so fast, lol.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4503 on: June 09, 2021, 10:12:14 PM »

:horny
ど助平

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #4504 on: June 09, 2021, 10:35:01 PM »
The soundtrack to this game is so fire jc

It's criminal how low the music is on default. First thing I do is drop down everything else in audio. Also these songs don't even hit the chorus until like 90 seconds in and the match is probably over unless you're doing best 3 of 5  :lol :'(
LOVE THE SUB
HUMAN SEEEEEEEEEEEELF

Bebpo

« Reply #4505 on: June 10, 2021, 03:23:33 AM »
Strive feels like the first fighting game in a decade that I'll actually stick with after clearing arcade mode with everyone and watching the story mode. It's just so fun I can see myself sticking with the online. Probably still main Faust. I do like everyone except Zato-1, who is cool but I will never be able to play Zato-1 just like I can't play the dual doll characters in Blazblue.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4506 on: June 10, 2021, 07:52:54 AM »
Strive feels like the first fighting game in a decade that I'll actually stick with after clearing arcade mode with everyone and watching the story mode. It's just so fun I can see myself sticking with the online. Probably still main Faust. I do like everyone except Zato-1, who is cool but I will never be able to play Zato-1 just like I can't play the dual doll characters in Blazblue.

My main from the previous games, Jack-O, isn't in.   :'(  Have settled on Potemkin for now- he's still super ridiculous like in the beta. 
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4507 on: June 11, 2021, 06:56:08 PM »
Did the latest patch up the AI difficulty in arcade mode?

I got through my earlier runs without losing a round usually, but I tried a Ky run just now and every AI put up a hell of a fight. May was spamming like nuts. Had 2 losses and a bunch of barely squeaked by wins. Sure I don't know how to play Ky yet in this one, but the AI just seemed way more aggressive than previous arcade mode runs.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4508 on: June 11, 2021, 07:06:05 PM »
Dunno; only tried playing online.

Now that the game is out for everyone, I can finally try it on Steam and get some games in when I'm in the living room.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4509 on: June 11, 2021, 07:32:16 PM »
Yeah I’m finally trying some online.

Had some good matches but now stuck in server connecting freeze after a rank up  :doge

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4510 on: June 11, 2021, 09:19:58 PM »
31k+ concurrents on steam, that's double SF5 and tekken 7 and something like 10x what the next biggest GG game got.

i'm trying faust because i always play basic bitch shotaclones and rushdown characters, and i feel like torturing myself.

Bebpo

« Reply #4511 on: June 11, 2021, 09:23:37 PM »
Yeah, I still don't know my moves/combos with Faust and I keep accidently doing the command throw when trying to do the fishing spear with kick and then I stand there and eat a combo  :'(

But when I'm teleporting around and doing full screen f+HS into fishing spear he's still a blast to use.

Bebpo

« Reply #4512 on: June 11, 2021, 09:25:08 PM »
Hopefully the game is successful on consoles since that's where the bulk of the players are.

GG has never really found great success and its limited the budget throughout. The biggest instance is there was clearly going to be another revision of X3rd with more characters that got canned. I feel like the height of GG popularity was during the PS2 and Blazblue really overtook it on PS3/PS4 era.

Would be nice if this is a success and can float them for the next 4-5 years with seasons of characters and story mode add-ons.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4513 on: June 11, 2021, 09:33:36 PM »
the teleport just feels like a suicide note. can't work out how to implement it without eating a counter.

Bebpo

« Reply #4514 on: June 11, 2021, 09:39:41 PM »
Depends on the level of player. I constantly hit with the slash one from above on ducking or mashing opponents. But the left/right one I get thrown on blocking opponents and eat tracking combo on mashing players.

Bebpo

« Reply #4515 on: June 11, 2021, 09:42:18 PM »
I've only played Faust like 1-2 hours so take whatever I say with a grain of salt lol

But in Strive his greatest asset seems to be his crazy reach which gives him a lot of priority in both the air (horizontal slash beats a lot of stuff) and on ground (slash is long, f+hs is fullscreen) and you can combo into things from them pretty easily and do 25-40% damage.

My biggest problem with Faust is when I end up in the corner I have trouble getting out because his stuff is too slow. Sometimes F+P works.

thetylerrob

« Reply #4516 on: June 11, 2021, 10:57:00 PM »
Holy shit Anji's counter super is so much fun. It might be because everybody is bad right now but I'm having a lot of fun playing online and I haven't even tried optimizing my combos at all yet. The netplay is so fuckin gooooooood  :)

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #4517 on: June 12, 2021, 02:21:48 AM »
I hooked up the Astro City Mini stick to the PS4 via a Brook Wingman adapter and I’m in Virtua Heaven. 75% of the time I get a new person who I annihilate, 15% of the time it’s someone who puts up a good fight, and 10% I get a Japanese Virtua God who humiliates me like Rickson Gracie dojo storming a kids’ karate gym

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #4519 on: June 16, 2021, 03:59:38 PM »
I'm still loving Strive but it's got some of the most atrocious balance I've ever seen in a fighting game at launch. The top tier is very defined right now.

Bebpo

« Reply #4520 on: June 16, 2021, 04:03:41 PM »
I'm still loving Strive but it's got some of the most atrocious balance I've ever seen in a fighting game at launch. The top tier is very defined right now.

Whose top-tier right now? I haven't played in a week.

thetylerrob

« Reply #4521 on: June 16, 2021, 04:23:48 PM »
Sol, May, and Leo are all insanely tough rush down.

Ramlethal can rush you down or zone you out with the massive hitboxes on her swords and she can combo you for huge damage from almost any scramble situation out of a trade.

Bebpo

« Reply #4522 on: June 16, 2021, 04:41:50 PM »
I can see May & Leo, but Sol is pretty slow. Kinda surprised.

Bebpo

« Reply #4523 on: June 19, 2021, 05:32:03 AM »
Can't get over how Guilty Gear has the best arcade mode ending credit roll songs ever. Freesia was so good and Name of Heaven is great too. Icarus from Sign was kinda ok, but those two are great stuff.

I also like how it's like HEAVEN OR HELL BADASS FIGHT GAME and then you get to the end credits and its this soft romance ballad.

Still think Strive gonna be best videogame ost 2021.

Also one of the best GG Vocal Songs in the last decade was from...the pachislot mobile game  :doge

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4524 on: June 19, 2021, 06:10:43 AM »
fuck ramlethal as a faust. he is weak all round but at least has tools to deal with the unga bunga rushdown crowd if you play it perfectly, ram negates all of these tools, can instantly punish all your zoning attempts from full screen and is just as oppressive when she has you in a corner.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #4525 on: June 19, 2021, 06:45:49 AM »
I can see May & Leo, but Sol is pretty slow. Kinda surprised.

Sol has 5k which is a three framer, the only character with a move that fast is Chipp.

I kinda think Ram is the problem character. it's pretty fucked how she can combo you to wallbreak if she clips you with her slash via pinning you to the corner with swords. the huge conversations from stray hits really gets on my last nerve lol

combine that with the reversal super and the beam super lol.

Game is still the most fun I've had with an FG ever

Bebpo

« Reply #4526 on: June 19, 2021, 05:56:11 PM »
I'm kinda glad Ram is dominating just because she was my favorite character in Xrd because I like playing slow powerful characters and she was way more mobile and fun than Potemnkin (who is still fun too). Plus naked gal with flying demons and giant cool swords is a good metal design I can get behind.

In Strive, Nagoroyuki is definitely the best new character design. Giovanna is ok, but I find her kind of boring in a KoF King way. Demon Dog is cool though. I really hope the first DLC character isn't the fat general guy. I haven't watched enough of the story mode to weigh in and if he's cool but I'm just not a fan of fat USA guys like Bob from Tekken. Just feels lazy design.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4527 on: June 23, 2021, 07:59:46 AM »
It's a safe bet to make that there are going to be far, far more people playing this on consoles and nearly every game Arc has developed and released on PC fell way off post-launch- that goes for just about every fighting game on PC.  But you do you.

https://twitter.com/superscience890/status/1405898519274168320

get with the times gramps.

Bebpo

« Reply #4528 on: June 23, 2021, 09:36:30 AM »
That 2.7% Faust on Celestial  :'(

Interesting that Leo is low on general, but high on Celestial since he's supposed to be scrub friendly.

Beezy

« Reply #4529 on: June 23, 2021, 09:51:19 AM »
I didn't expect Ramlethal to be an overall favorite when I played the beta.

Bebpo

« Reply #4530 on: June 23, 2021, 09:54:39 AM »
I do like that every few days the top character changes and everyone's tier list is pretty different. Seems generally balanced where everyone is competitive.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4531 on: June 23, 2021, 12:06:37 PM »
It's a safe bet to make that there are going to be far, far more people playing this on consoles and nearly every game Arc has developed and released on PC fell way off post-launch- that goes for just about every fighting game on PC.  But you do you.

https://twitter.com/superscience890/status/1405898519274168320

get with the times gramps.

That chart is missing PS5 data.  :P

Was pleasantly surprised to see how many people were on it on Steam, but you gotta give it more time before the drop-off happens.  Isn't the average number of players online already down by half of what the peak was?
ど助平

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #4532 on: June 23, 2021, 12:27:46 PM »

that's actually ps4+5 combined since they're on the same server.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4533 on: June 23, 2021, 12:58:49 PM »

that's actually ps4+5 combined since they're on the same server.

It's not confirmed.  He just said "I believe so."

Also, where is this data coming from?  Is it worldwide for PSN?  How do you see the number of players online on PSN games anyway?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 01:03:20 PM by bork »
ど助平

remy

« Reply #4534 on: June 23, 2021, 09:32:02 PM »

Also, where is this data coming from?  Is it worldwide for PSN?  How do you see the number of players online on PSN games anyway?
The in-game ranking leaderboards, by checking how many people are listed. It's pretty fucking crazy to see PC ahead but I was thinking about it and it kinda makes sense.

• You could get the PC version dirt cheap
  • The PS4 version looks and runs like shit
  • Strive PC Version looks and runs godlike
  • No one can buy a PS5
  • Even if you have a PS5 you have to use a shiddy PS5 controller

Was pleasantly surprised to see how many people were on it on Steam, but you gotta give it more time before the drop-off happens.  Isn't the average number of players online already down by half of what the peak was?
The current drop off to 50% is kinda normal for any game after the first week. Even DBFZ went down to 20k and strive's drop off to 15k concurrent is higher than SFV peak. I bought the PC version thinking the oceanic lobbies would be dead but there's at least 20 people in each and there was 10 in celestial on midnight on a wednesday
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 09:38:40 PM by remy »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4535 on: June 23, 2021, 10:46:29 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4536 on: June 23, 2021, 10:49:04 PM »

The in-game ranking leaderboards, by checking how many people are listed. It's pretty fucking crazy to see PC ahead but I was thinking about it and it kinda makes sense.

• You could get the PC version dirt cheap
  • The PS4 version looks and runs like shit
  • Strive PC Version looks and runs godlike
  • No one can buy a PS5
  • Even if you have a PS5 you have to use a shiddy PS5 controller

:confused

It looks and runs just fine on PS4 (Pro).  The PC version was locked at 1920x1080 the last time I loaded it up- couldn't do 1440P or higher.  Edit- they fixed it!  Got it at 1440P.

The current drop off to 50% is kinda normal for any game after the first week. Even DBFZ went down to 20k and strive's drop off to 15k concurrent is higher than SFV peak. I bought the PC version thinking the oceanic lobbies would be dead but there's at least 20 people in each and there was 10 in celestial on midnight on a wednesday

Believe me, I'll be happy to be completely wrong, but I expect the player drop-off to continue.  On consoles too but there will be more on Playstation in the end.  It's what always happens with these Arc games.  Wish they would do cross-play.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 10:55:13 PM by bork »
ど助平

remy

« Reply #4537 on: June 23, 2021, 11:12:00 PM »
By runs like shit I'm talking about a stock ps4 with those hateful load times and mega pixelated in game :doge

The test for drop off is basically 1 month after release. Every FG drops by like 1/3 -1/2 after a week, then another 1/3 after a month and kinda stabilizes there. Even if gg dropped another third to 10k on steam that'd still be killing it.

I don't think this is really going to drop off like normal arcsys games because due to non distinguished mentally-challenged netcode you can actually play it online without having to be a sadist or autist, the game also seems to have a lot of mainstream normies jumping inc streamers

I'd still like crossplay because more the merrier, but I'm nto stressed about it

remy

« Reply #4538 on: June 25, 2021, 12:34:15 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #4539 on: June 25, 2021, 12:46:18 AM »

Her arms look really weird. Like stick figure when she's punching the shit out of people.

Bebpo

remy

« Reply #4541 on: June 25, 2021, 12:58:58 AM »

Her arms look really weird. Like stick figure when she's punching the shit out of people.

Yeah. The legs as well. Maybe I'm too used to the buff/thicc GG and SF characters and looking at brickhouse giovanna every day has warped my mind.

I have no idea about PS5.

It's kinda a bummer because I just know every tournament setup will be PS4.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4542 on: June 25, 2021, 07:40:10 AM »
Apparently the PS4 strive has 4 frames input delay and the pc version has less than one  :doge

https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/1408235016170074115?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1408235016170074115%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Interesting- the test was done with v-sync off and low-latency mode enabled in the nVidia control panel, though.  People are asking him to test again with v-sync on and low-latency off but he's unable to right now.  What I get from this is that all the pros are going to possibly be forced to play the worst-running version of the game.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4543 on: June 25, 2021, 07:42:02 AM »

Yeah. The legs as well. Maybe I'm too used to the buff/thicc GG and SF characters and looking at brickhouse giovanna every day has warped my mind.

I have no idea about PS5.

She's always been pretty slim like that.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4544 on: June 29, 2021, 09:57:28 AM »
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/jun/26/guilty-gear-input-lag/

While less than a single frame of lag sounds phenomenal, which it is, there are some caveats to these results that make their applicability a good bit more muddy for general PC players.

As fellow latency tester Loïc 'WydD" Petit points out, the rig Noodalls used here is among the best consumer PCs you can get right now with an Nvidia 3080 GPU with its Ultra Low Latency mode, an Intel Core i7-10700KF CPU, and potentially a 360Hz monitor, which high refresh-rate screens are shown to reduce lag as well.

So pretty much these numbers are likely the best case scenario and won't directly apply to players on the more mid-range PCs most people will be playing on though that doesn't mean we should just discard the findings either.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WydD/status/1408337840547713024

Makes more sense.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4545 on: July 08, 2021, 07:25:31 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4546 on: July 08, 2021, 07:27:59 AM »
More on GG Strive input lag:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/jul/06/guilty-gear-ps5-lag/

Guilty Gear Strive may have more input lag on PlayStation 5 than its PlayStation 4 counterpart

There may be some caveats to that however

After previously testing the input lag on both the PlayStation 4 and PC versions, Nigel 'Noodalls' Woodall found that the PS5 version of Strive may have more input lag than the PS4 — though there are a few caveats that could impact the numbers.

The results of Noodalls' latest experiment showed that Strive on PS5 had a minimum of 91ms of latency and a maximum of 112ms with a final average of 93.6ms, which equates to 5.8 frames of delay.

In comparison, his tests on PS4 came out with an average of 65.65ms (3.9 frames) of input lag while PC displayed a staggering 11.93ms (.71 frames), but that number will vary quite a bit depending on the hardware and setup used.

If those final statistics do hold up, that's not exactly the greatest look for Sony's powerful new hardware and next-gen port of Guilty Gear although what we see here may not be telling the full story.

A potential wrench comes in from Noodalls not being able to run the PS5 experiments with the exact same equipment as the PS4 due to controller compatibility issues on the PS5, which could also skew the results a bit by introducing slightly more lag.

Because of that, it's a bit difficult to discern what the actual takeaways are for Strive on PS5.

Without Variable Refresh Rate enabled on PS5, the best case scenario appears to be on par with PS4 if the controller did indeed contribute to an additional frame or two of lag though PS5 owners were probably still hoping to see much better results than that.

One thing does seem for certain though. It's probably going to get more and more difficult to gauge things like input latency in accurate, real-world applications as hardware and customization options makes measurements differ between users.

ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4547 on: July 08, 2021, 10:39:54 AM »
The odd thing is no one seems to notice this stuff before these tweets come out.

Everyone's been playing Strive fine on ps5 and now suddenly some people are like the game is unplayable. Just seems silly.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4548 on: July 08, 2021, 01:25:39 PM »
The odd thing is no one seems to notice this stuff before these tweets come out.

Everyone's been playing Strive fine on ps5 and now suddenly some people are like the game is unplayable. Just seems silly.

Always been like that 99% for anything.  So many people are armchair 'e-sports pros'.  I can remember back in the 90s talking to a dude who refused to play some games because he read someone else saying they were "broken" on Usenet.  That was enough for him despite never playing in tournaments.
 :brain
ど助平

remy

« Reply #4549 on: July 09, 2021, 02:31:46 AM »

Always been like that 99% for anything.  So many people are armchair 'e-sports pros'.  I can remember back in the 90s talking to a dude who refused to play some games because he read someone else saying they were "broken" on Usenet.  That was enough for him despite never playing in tournaments.
 :brain

Saw someone on discord today saying gio beats nago clean on ps4/5 but nago wins clean on pc. the big brainery has already begun

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4550 on: July 12, 2021, 10:04:21 PM »
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/jul/12/guilty-gear-crossplay/

Arc working on cross play for PS and PC. 
 :mynicca
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4551 on: July 20, 2021, 10:30:38 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4552 on: July 20, 2021, 10:31:52 PM »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4553 on: July 21, 2021, 01:29:40 AM »

Was hoping it wasn't that guy because I don't like his look. But at least his moveset looks cool. He's almost got that Gungrave going on with the coffin swing.

Beezy

« Reply #4554 on: July 22, 2021, 10:11:19 AM »

Beezy

« Reply #4555 on: July 25, 2021, 08:31:04 PM »
Beat a few scrubs and got moved up to the 6th floor in Strive. Mistakes were made. Let's see how long I last here. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4556 on: July 25, 2021, 10:28:37 PM »
Beat a few scrubs and got moved up to the 6th floor in Strive. Mistakes were made. Let's see how long I last here. :doge

Haven't played it in weeks TBH.  Will try out GoldDick this week.
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #4557 on: July 26, 2021, 10:15:22 AM »
I've only been playing it like twice a week. It's the only game I have time for right now.

Hadn't really fought any Sol players until last night. That move that lets him slide under everything wrecked me. Lost 5 of 6 in total to two Sol players and got demoted back down to floor 5. I'm staying on 6 though. I see this is where people start using Roman Cancels, combo traps, etc.

remy

« Reply #4558 on: July 26, 2021, 08:00:13 PM »

Floor 10 Gang  :rash

have played 150 hours and only not played one day since release tho  :brain

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4559 on: July 30, 2021, 07:11:26 AM »
ど助平