Author Topic: Titanfall 2  (Read 90214 times)

a slime appears

• retro king
Re: Titanfall 2
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2016, 08:53:49 AM »
will buy for canpaign at 10 bucks this xmas

I'd laugh but you're right. Game has had really poor sales. :'(

At least EA upper management still got what they wanted? I hear CoD sales have dramatically fallen as a result of competition.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »
"The sword is yours pilot."

:lawd

:rejoice

archie4208

« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »
There is a free weekend happening on all platforms right now.

The PS4 Pro version looks better than my PC.  :fbm

The PC version controls about a billion times better though.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2016, 06:12:21 PM »
Oh my god. This game plays so much better than the beta did. So good.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2016, 07:08:08 PM »
The gameplay is really, really great.  It's still a little fast for my taste but everything feels nice and balanced.  I do like that I feel like I have more of a chance against a titan in this one than I did in the first.

Maps are the problem though.  They don't feel designed for this game.  When you wall run it's not like there are obvious paths for you to continue jumping to that provides a tactical advantage against pilots and titans.  Most of the time you wall run and end up back on the ground or you just wall run to get on a roof or something.  That's the only downside.  The maps in the first one felt really refined and tailor made for the gameplay.  These are just acceptable.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2016, 02:29:03 AM »
The more you play the more you can find those routes on these maps and there is a way to chain movement into a bunny hop even when you hit the ground.

But yes in general, the maps aren't as amazing as the maps in the first game which had an unusually high number of top notch ones. Even the dlc ones from the first game were often outstanding.

Beezy

« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2016, 03:54:48 AM »
The DLC maps will be better and they'll all be free. I'm also hoping that more maps from the first game make it into TF2.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2016, 12:58:14 AM »
Campaign was super fuckin great. Once I burn through the other campaigns in the backlog I'll deffo try the multi

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2016, 07:16:04 PM »
The PC community is close to being a ghost town. There were only like 4k people playing last night.
nat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #249 on: December 12, 2016, 12:47:26 AM »
The PC community is close to being a ghost town. There were only like 4k people playing last night.

Did anything else multiplayer focused recently launch, or is this just the way of things?

I was stunned how many people were still playing multi in Watch_Dogs this summer.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2016, 12:53:06 AM »

Did anything else multiplayer focused recently launch, or is this just the way of things?

I was stunned how many people were still playing multi in Watch_Dogs this summer.

COD generally gets the same numbers. Neither of the new COD games is on the top one hundred steam list. 

There are really only a handful of popular shooters on PC and it generally takes a lot for someone to crack that group.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2016, 01:00:42 AM »
I've never had a problem getting a game in either Titanfall even when the numbers are around 1500 online.

Call of Duty is another matter, but it's because of how their matchmaking works regarding games in progress.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »
I've been managing to get into games but it always feels like there are just enough people playing to fill it up. Any less and you'd be struggling.

To compare - there are close to 45k people playing BF1 right now in the middle of the day.

It help to join a network so you can do invite network games. The Giant Bomb network is pretty populated.

nat

Freyj

« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2016, 12:09:49 AM »
I bought this on sale mostly due to comparisons to GOTY 2016 Doom.

I can kinda see some resemblance, but outside of a few levels in the middle of the campaign, the obviously stellar movement stuff and your personal Gundam, I don't think it compares to Doom's campaign at all. The majority of the level design is not particularly great.

Also, it doesn't matter but the faces in this game look jank as fuck.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2016, 09:42:08 AM »
Also, it doesn't matter but the faces in this game look jank as fuck.

Source engine. But I can't say a majority of them look bad. The only one that looks :kobeyuck is "Sarah." In the multiplayer OR single-player. :holeup But yeah, the campaign is ho-hum for me. The only stand-out level was the Cause and Effect level where you're warping through time/dimensions.

Game's dying on PC last I checked. Christmas/holidays didn't help but boost it back to the player numbers it had in mid-November. I'm sure it'll crash back to like 4,000 players and bleed out by April at this point.

Beezy

« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2016, 10:16:37 PM »
That sucks. The Xbox One population has actually gone up a lot.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »
Picked up my copy over the break. Hope I can play soon!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2017, 08:45:57 PM »
bless up

Beezy

« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2017, 09:04:41 PM »
I'm currently G3. I'll start leveling quickly again once I'm done with FFXV.

I know it's early and Angel City has been great, but I still want more maps. With ziplines. Maybe some night time ones like in the first game too.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »
If Doom hadn't come out last year that campaign would have been the best I've played in years

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2017, 09:42:18 AM »
Bought this for PC since I gave my only console (PS4) to my brother in December.

Touched the single & multiplayer briefly and had a good time. Hopefully I'll be able to play it more this weekend.

benjipwns

« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2017, 11:56:41 PM »
I forgot I had marked a whole bunch of the different networks randomly one night (Giant Bomb, GAF, some random others, default Advocate) and apparently like half of them had happy hours one after another the other night when I was playing. Leveled up like I was on some wonky 100000XP FAST LEVELING NOOB FRIENDLY NO HACKERS server from the CoD4 days.

Is there a Bore network? For all five of us.

Beezy

« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2017, 12:23:08 AM »
Wait, I thought you could only do happy hour once a day even if you keep switching networks?

benjipwns

« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2017, 12:53:31 AM »
Must have bugged because I played three start-to-finish matches and one and a half that I joined in progress and it gave me it for three of them. And after I looked and the networks had them staggered one hour after another. (Like GAF, then an hour later Giant Bomb, then an hour later some other one, etc. I had started near the end of the first one and finished half-way through the third.)

Maybe it's because I was "grandfathered" in or something and it just held the status? Or maybe it broke because it was like at midnight-ish so it technically was the next day.

That last one might be it, along with some kind of bug. Makes sense now that I think about it.

I've never needed the network active for it to give happy hour credits, or have they changed that and I not noticed?

benjipwns

« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2017, 04:54:47 AM »
Round lost, grapple jumped onto an enemy Titan's back, then jumped off that one onto another and then jumped and grappled onto the drop ship which took off with only me onboard. :lawd

Seeing round is close to over with us winnin, saving pilot sentry, putting it in alcove overlooking drop ship area, watching as it guns down errybody as they come in and try to get on it. :rejoice

Me grappling in direction, dude comes flyin at me, canceling it backwards so I drop to the ground, then shotgun him out of the air as he hits the wall and turns back to come after me. :teehee

benjipwns

« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2017, 05:00:56 AM »
Also suddenly realizing secret move staring me in the face. Rodeoing a titan then calling for mine so it drops on it. :lol

Beezy

« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »
I'm still loving this game, but I need more maps. Better maps!

benjipwns

« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2017, 08:21:49 PM »
Them adding Angel City back just makes you realize how lame and flat and lacking paths some of the new maps are. :yuck

Crash Site is kinda growing on me though, especially because it has those neat little tunnels through the canyon walls that let you bypass the main canyon. That and Eden are the main two that seem fun to dick around in at multiple levels vertically.

The funny thing about Exoplanet is that basically everyone ignores a third of the map.

ALSO STFU GAME I AM IN BATTLE SITTING ON TOP OF THIS TOWER RAINING DOWN NADES I DO NOT NEED TO RETURN TO IT.

Bebpo

« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2017, 08:30:14 PM »
Seeing this bumped makes me remember I've never played this since finishing the SP at launch.  What's new since then?  Just a couple more MP maps?

benjipwns

« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »
it feels like my stat line is always something like 4-6 titan kills, 1-2 pilot kills, 35-50 minion kills :lol

lots of people run past them, i at minimum throw them a courtesy nade...also they like to hang themselves up on garbage like doorways or pillars (i never understand that one) sometimes and it's not like they put up a fight...but do people not know they not only speed up your titanfall but also count as attrition points? we lost a tied game because a guy killed a spectre a second after the time expired

also recently i've been having shit luck where the transport pods drop right in front of me and i run into them in the smoke, you don't "interact" with them because they're temporary like the drop ships so you can't run up them or over them or whatever

been trying every weapon for a match or two at least as they unlock until they go up a level or two, more of them seem useful than in the first game where i mostly stuck with the car, although i still don't use anything but the mag launcher as my anti-titan weapon and the car is probably the best but i like mixing it up more this game, some of the weapons just need the extra magazine size or something unlocked to make them feel more viable

thisismyusername

« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2017, 09:51:42 AM »
Just a couple more MP maps?

:crowdlaff :girlaff :ahnuld2 :point :heyman :betty :aweshum :sabu :heh :neogaf

Sure, if "Angel City only which is a remake" is "couple of maps" for you.

They're supposed to have like 2-3 new maps for ONE new mode (so it's not going to be able to play those maps on other modes apparently?) sometime this month. But they delayed it. So we're going on like 5-6 months from launch with nothing for it. :girlaff

benjipwns

« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2017, 08:04:07 PM »
toku help

benjipwns

« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2017, 08:14:05 PM »
this dude was sniping from on top of stuff then hiding and watching the only path up all match long, so i deliberately sacrificed my titan so i got the auto-eject plus cloak to fly up in the air and then maneuvered to land behind the dude

waited until he re-scoped and stopped moving then fired the grapple at his back from like five feet away

:delicious

spoiler (click to show/hide)
he said "u did that on purpose"

:success
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #273 on: February 21, 2017, 01:25:25 AM »
What did you write back?

benjipwns

« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2017, 03:54:17 PM »
i've played this almost every night this month at a happy hour

i think i'm more afraid of pilots than titans

pilots are these crazy mobile death machines some of whom can teleport and crap, while titans are just big targets for my mag launcher (especially when i fire it over stuff) and can't follow me into buildings

i unlocked the titan sentry and was going to switch to it but putting the pilot sentry into random corners of rooms rather than out in the open never stops being stupid funny to me especially if i can get someone to chase me into it, it feels like the most elaborate dick move you can pull :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2017, 05:29:18 PM »
Only two new maps and they're for Live Fire which can only be played on those two maps. :ahnuld2 :neogaf :crowdlaff :girlaff

Feels like EA's pulled all funding from them at this point. This patch was delayed-rushed and the matchmaker is broken. Can't cycle through multiple modes if you have them selected. :girlaff

benjipwns

« Reply #276 on: February 26, 2017, 04:09:25 AM »
toku still help

thisismyusername

« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2017, 11:21:18 AM »
At least they fixed the matchmaker. :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »
suck my dick from the back

thisismyusername

« Reply #279 on: February 26, 2017, 11:56:36 AM »
How's that chance of a sequel working out for you? :smug

(I bought this full price. :fbm )

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #280 on: February 26, 2017, 07:39:03 PM »
suck my dick from the back

:lol

How do we do this and bless up at the same time?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2017, 12:33:19 AM »
Campaign was pretty lame tbh. Even that praised "time travel" level wasnt that good. Tried a couple online games, deleted, sent back to gamefly.
fat

benjipwns

« Reply #282 on: March 05, 2017, 11:55:49 PM »
new matchmaking makes you actually land in other modes sometimes :leon

actually played some of the bounty hunt/bank for the first time since release month, this one dude got out of his titan to do a deposit and told it to wait, so i dropped my titan on his while he was inside then shot him and deposited :lol

movement in this game is soooooooooooooo goooooood especially when you're on an epic run and hitting everything with epic timing did another bounding off multiple things with a pair of grapples into one last grapple onto the drop ship again

plus exploiting the momentum system is some kind of crazy evil magic that's so much the key to being unfair to others in this, dead stops and odd angles and fakes...i played infinite warfare a bit the other day and i realized that was the main difference, they nailed the wall running and sliding but it has absolutely none of the momentum control and i realized i was constantly trying to fake one way to boost back the other and land beside a guy at a 90 degree angle but you simply can't

in a match earlier these dudes were campin up by this rock i grappled in out of nowhere, did a back boost to instantly drop and killed the first guy then went like i was going around the rock to get the other guy since he put up a shield, but actually grappled back to the left towards the shield and then used the momentum to launch me into the air over it and then boosted again backwards so i was like above the dude flyin to what once was my right firing on him :dead

:lawd bless up :rejoice

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2017, 12:24:45 PM »
great game, my xbox got stolen but imma cop it on pc again bless up

Syph

« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »
great game, my xbox got stolen but imma cop it on pc again bless up
wtf what happened hombre

edit: also just realized this game is $30 right now...coupled with Activision deciding to price the MW map pack at fucking $15 I think it's time for me to finally jump into the fray
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:57:56 PM by Syph »
XO

benjipwns

« Reply #285 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:22 AM »
i played the first game for a couple hours after i accidentally ran it instead and said hey, i'm almost ready to prestige lets see if i can find some games and it's sorta crazy that i thought it had way more movement flexibility than it does, it's still more than everything but THIS but losing the grapple especially and the more limited boosting capabilities instantly stood out to me, so did the low level of weapons/loadouts/etc. even with me having everything unlocked, everything seems just a pace or two slower

also, i've harped on about the lacking verticality of 2's maps, but i played a few matches in a row where i forgot how many of the first games maps have these huge flat open areas for the titans to play around in, it's weird being able to move all about and not get blocked off by the map because it's just some huge valley or pit or something that said all the good maps are closer to 2's tighter confines in this regard i think, i also forgot just how many maps they added to the first one

surprised they didn't bring over the training grounds though after that popped up

the AI killed me three times, i don't think i've ever outright died to it in 2, it did do a lot less standing in doorways and yelling A PILOT NOW THE ODDS ARE IN OUR FAVOR that i noticed

the skill that lets you constantly spam the batman vision is hilarious though, glad they put some clamps on that, though i still miss my combo of auto ejecting from a titan going nuke so i just recklessly charge into as many as possible

don't mind less of the smart pistols being around tho :doge

still managed to drop a titan on the same guy's twice in a row, a favorite move :delicious

also, it has the better menu music, that space-western twang ala firefly

benjipwns

« Reply #286 on: March 08, 2017, 03:28:11 AM »

:aah

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #287 on: March 08, 2017, 02:34:10 PM »
yeah they lost a bit of the firefly little hick dudes waging guerilla war against a megacorp edge in the sequel. People still bitch about the lack of Spyglass on reddit.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #288 on: March 13, 2017, 07:31:14 PM »
i played the first game for a couple hours after i accidentally ran it instead and said hey, i'm almost ready to prestige lets see if i can find some games and it's sorta crazy that i thought it had way more movement flexibility than it does, it's still more than everything but THIS but losing the grapple especially and the more limited boosting capabilities instantly stood out to me, so did the low level of weapons/loadouts/etc. even with me having everything unlocked, everything seems just a pace or two slower

also, i've harped on about the lacking verticality of 2's maps, but i played a few matches in a row where i forgot how many of the first games maps have these huge flat open areas for the titans to play around in, it's weird being able to move all about and not get blocked off by the map because it's just some huge valley or pit or something that said all the good maps are closer to 2's tighter confines in this regard i think, i also forgot just how many maps they added to the first one

surprised they didn't bring over the training grounds though after that popped up

the AI killed me three times, i don't think i've ever outright died to it in 2, it did do a lot less standing in doorways and yelling A PILOT NOW THE ODDS ARE IN OUR FAVOR that i noticed

the skill that lets you constantly spam the batman vision is hilarious though, glad they put some clamps on that, though i still miss my combo of auto ejecting from a titan going nuke so i just recklessly charge into as many as possible

don't mind less of the smart pistols being around tho :doge

still managed to drop a titan on the same guy's twice in a row, a favorite move :delicious

also, it has the better menu music, that space-western twang ala firefly

FOR THOSE PLAYING THE GRAMMAR GAME AT HOME: Every paragraph here is a single sentence. Yes, even those first two paragraphs.

Benji, were you drinking vodka redbulls again?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #289 on: March 13, 2017, 10:05:37 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #290 on: March 14, 2017, 07:33:35 PM »
thisismyusername am cry

benjipwns

« Reply #291 on: March 14, 2017, 07:42:53 PM »
in that second one, i learned that on that map there's a number of spots that aren't clipped properly that you can land on from the titan eject and it doesn't immediately trigger the "return to battle" countdown as long as you're on the very edge, the one antenna spire at the other end of the map is one

i totally used it with my MAG launcher (which is at like level G3.10 or something absurd now because it's the only anti-titan weapon i use) to finish off a dude who was assuming i had come back down

the one map with the trench through the middle also has a spire like that

no idea if landing on that roof would've been one, the one internal roof you can get onto with the grapple and only scorch can really get to you, i've used it for escapes at times

some of the maps it'll freak out immediately if you use the titan eject to get over the invisible walls, i found one where you can't get back inside the playfield because the fence or whatever is too tall and you don't latch to it like a normal wall so you can only die :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #292 on: March 14, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
this dude the other night was claiming hackers because i don't think he realized the cloak only works against titans, pilots can see the shimmer effect, i appreciate him helping me level up the last assault rifle unlock tho :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #293 on: March 23, 2017, 02:02:45 PM »

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2017, 08:17:55 AM »
I still don't get why they had to get rid of burn cards, one does not build a beautiful trolling system only to tear it down.

FatalT

« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2017, 01:45:17 PM »
This game is still great and I'm loving all the post-content updates and free DLC. Battlefield 1 has been my go-to game for a while but now that the first season pass pack has come out, there's barely any vanilla servers. I need to get back into this.

Syph

« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »
Ok wow so it finally came in the mail.
Only played the first two missions so far but I can't believe I wasn't on this hype train earlier.
I don't know where to begin but I'm hooked. Even has a bit of an early Halo vibe
And I haven't even touched multiplayer yet
HYPE

#tokuwasright
XO

Syph

« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2017, 04:44:26 AM »
wow

hopped back on today and played the rest of the campaign nonstop until I finished
i bought this game for the multiplayer but have yet to touch it
best fps campaign i've played in a long time
phenomenal

XO

benjipwns

« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2017, 08:07:57 AM »

dat grapple swing pistol shot :gladbron

and then sliding through the open window, nailing both guys and out the other :neogaf

you can actually pull this kind of stuff off easily all the time :rejoice

FatalT

« Reply #299 on: March 26, 2017, 05:05:59 PM »
wow

hopped back on today and played the rest of the campaign nonstop until I finished
i bought this game for the multiplayer but have yet to touch it
best fps campaign i've played in a long time
phenomenal

Oh man, once you got to that certain point where you get the special device. That shit was bananas. Under-dog single player campaign of the year right there!