Author Topic: Titanfall 2  (Read 90219 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Titanfall 2
« Reply #660 on: March 15, 2020, 11:59:53 AM »
Benji u tried COD Warzone yet?
What

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #661 on: April 18, 2020, 02:10:22 AM »
I tried to be like toku, or at least I edited things to make me look closer (had obs settings wrong for this so is kinda choppy :doge)

forgot to stick this at the ending to show I actually did help team win:

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #662 on: April 18, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »
titanfall forever, hows pc base looking with covid? Zim has been streaming it more again lately.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/594847241

benjipwns

« Reply #663 on: April 19, 2020, 11:38:04 PM »
actually hasn't budged much, 1100-1500 mostly every night higher end on weekends, I assume it's benefited because otherwise Warzone would have taken players, it generally drops to the lower end and under 1000 during big game releases but it never did for Warzone's release

is it just me or did the higher res version never process on that video? the video I uploaded to youtube is way way better quality than what I get playing it back (that looks more like 360p/240p), must be the mkv format or something, the video file itself looks like 720p downsized to 480p to me, I assumed after uploading it just was something that had to wait, but now a couple days it's no different and looks garbage in the big player on youtube (okayish in the embed here)

also rewatching this, god I love the sound design of this game, every single thing is so distinct

I originally decided to start recording because the other night I dropped deliberately a titan on two titans and a dude on the ground and was like damn, should have been recording that :lawd

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #664 on: April 19, 2020, 11:58:00 PM »
Everything about titanfall's universe man  :'(

I still miss the way titans worked in 1, and that firefly aesthetic/sound but Titanfall 2 is a great game.

benjipwns

« Reply #665 on: April 21, 2020, 12:39:12 AM »
just me punchin a dude:

figured out the choppiness (recorded to a different drive), now need to figure out the quality and :wow

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #666 on: May 25, 2020, 02:29:29 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #667 on: May 31, 2020, 05:05:12 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #668 on: June 21, 2020, 12:45:09 AM »
12,000 players tonight?!? :mindblown

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:gaben
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #669 on: June 21, 2020, 12:47:24 AM »
free noob bodies with zero vertical awareness yet :drool

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #670 on: June 21, 2020, 01:14:05 AM »
12,000 players tonight?!? :mindblown

[close]

Truly a case of:

:mmarsusmug :reeetiouscry

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #671 on: June 21, 2020, 11:16:19 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #672 on: June 22, 2020, 12:08:05 AM »
Some of these noobs can be pretty good with the shootbang.

BUT

THEY

DON'T

LOOK

UP

:phil
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #673 on: June 22, 2020, 12:34:30 AM »
best username tonight: Girthquake420

Beezy

« Reply #674 on: June 22, 2020, 01:32:40 AM »
Steam and Origin versions are one and the same, right? The userbase isn't split?

benjipwns

« Reply #675 on: June 22, 2020, 01:35:40 AM »
Yeah, it all goes through Origin in the end.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #676 on: June 22, 2020, 04:47:00 AM »
I reinstalled and figure Id play a match but it kept freezing mid match.. wtf is this laggy shit? Ping said 44?? I didnt get it I just alt f4d mid match because otherwise it would take 30 minutes
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #677 on: June 22, 2020, 11:30:15 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #679 on: June 24, 2020, 12:24:19 AM »
11,000 players at midnight eastern time on a Tuesday. :whew

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #680 on: June 24, 2020, 09:10:04 PM »
i never played much online, but im getting into it! seeing the influx of new players with the steam release reeled me in. any tips? are all those paid dlc's that are heavily discounted on steam atm just cosmetic?
◕‿◕

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #681 on: June 24, 2020, 10:19:02 PM »
i never played much online, but im getting into it! seeing the influx of new players with the steam release reeled me in. any tips? are all those paid dlc's that are heavily discounted on steam atm just cosmetic?

Every piece of tf2 dlc is cosmetic, the prime titans are really cool and get new finisher animations but it's 100% cosmetic. I woulda got them but they're never on sale on origin  :'(

between buying both titanfalls multiple times and now apex legends battlepasses I've supported Respawn enough though
[close]

as far as tips at first just focus on staying alive, learning the maps and working on your movement. Unless you're on crash, start thinking about how walls connect. How you can reach from one wall to another that kinda thing. The CAR smg is the first smg and it's also one of the best guns in the game.

Also you should be bunny hopping and slide hopping

also keep in mind ADS isn't mandatory in this game. Hipfire is just as accurate.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 11:35:11 AM by toku »

benjipwns

« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2020, 12:35:22 PM »
I equip, I think it's, the HCOG Ranger on almost every gun except the ones that don't have it because of that, the zoom of the entire playfield is much more useful for going after people far away than just a zoomed spot in the center with the rest of your view compromised. As long as you can get the ironsight onto the dude the range is irrelevant.

I even do this on the sniper rifles that aren't the Kraber.

KEEP MOVING! AND GO DIAGONALLY! I know I spam it a lot but it really is the most helpful single tip in the game possibly, you really can move in every direction, so do it, and suddenly stop and go in other directions. Make loops on the maps going different directions. Use your abilities, especially the grapple if you're a fanatic for it like me, to be constantly changing your speed and location.

You can ignore when you get killed. After you watch enough killcams you'll realize that lucky shots happen constantly and the main thing you can control is your situational awareness and how you can affect others in the same way.

Sometimes a "feel" for the gun (or titan weapon) can be better than what it does statistically. It's because you aren't even thinking about it, it's just another extension of you.

DON'T FEAR TITANS! One "tip" I would apply though is equip Titan Hunter and get out the Thunderbolt and fire it in the direction of titans then run to cover and repeat, combined you can speed up your titan drops pretty quickly. Combined with auto-eject early on you'll get more chances to test out your titans without needing to worry about dying. (Yes, it "hurts" your team in Attrition but don't worry about that yet.) Once you're comfortable and no longer even afraid of titans you can easily play with the other loadouts.

KNOWING THE MAPS! This combines with the movements, as you learn them you can go places nobody else will go, you can take routes to escape and come back into the fight from new angles while everyone else is fighting in the main areas, etc. You can play the maps solo to futz around in and practice your movement if you want, but really you can just play matches and do this. The other night on Rise I spent most of the match running around on top of the map like an idiot firing down onto people because the match was so lopsided in our favor. I tried to see how long I could keep my wall runs going, etc. Even when I killed people they seemed to not even realize I was doing this for like five minutes straight. Because why? That's right. NOBODY LOOKS UP!

ABILITY! GRAPPLE! You start with the grapple and it's really ideal because it motivates you to start moving and get up high, some of the other kits are best for the "ground" level more often imo. I love the grapple so I'm biased and have stuck with it after toying with the others but it has full physics that you'd expect, you can fire it straight to pull yourself then hop into a fling, you can shoot it at an angle to halt your momentum then pull you in another direction, you can use it to speed yourself up then release to a sudden stop, etc. Do the other abilities have cool qualities? Yeah, but I still love the grapple. The grapple can grab people and titans both. Great way to get to yours as well.

Oh, and cloak only cloaks you to titans, pilots can still see you. I have totally been abusing noobs thinking they're cloaked this week.

Auto titan sucks, don't use it unless you HAVE TO (like to capture points or something), standing there like an idiot firing your weapon is better than auto-titan because you fire faster and more accurately and can use your abilities. Enhanced auto titan is not worth it, any quality PILOT, can take one down simply by getting above it.

AGH! I'M BEING RODEO'D! If you've got a smoke, pop it and CROUCH the titan. It will kill the dude before he grabs your battery. Another tip if you have no smoke, when they grab the battery, they jump off behind you in the same way always as there's only one animation set. With the quicker titans you can spin and melee them as payment. (Back towards a wall so they can't escape!)

KILL THE GRUNTS AND SPECTRES! It builds up your titan meter and helps your team win! But generally once you get in your titan, try to leave them alone if it's not Bounty Hunt. That way your teammates can kill them and build up their meters. (If your teammates are jerks and just deathmatch feel free to get the free points by killing the grunts and such while in your titan as you hunt the map.)

You can roughly aim where your titan drops. A titan drop will destroy another titan. The titan drop and shield will kill pilots and grunts and so on. Feel free to combine this information depending on the match type.

HAPPY HOUR! During this you get five free XP to level up faster. The default happy hour for The Advocate (ADV) is like 3AM eastern or something. The YUM! Brands group's happy hour is midnight eastern time BUT I will adjust it for anyone who'd like to have it set at a different time so they can do happy hours easier to level up. Feel free to join, it won't change anything but your happy hour time and your clan tag!

V is pilot melee by default. I say this because I've seen someone ask this almost every night so far.

benjipwns

« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2020, 12:40:48 PM »
Sir Swag's videos are useful and/or fun:

Start of second one reminds me, if you're trapped in a gravity star and you have the grapple, fire it out and it'll pull you out of it and the momentum plus a jump will get you away from it completely.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #684 on: June 25, 2020, 01:15:35 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #685 on: June 25, 2020, 01:54:22 PM »

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #686 on: June 25, 2020, 07:22:25 PM »
ty sensei's :heartbeat
◕‿◕

benjipwns

« Reply #687 on: June 27, 2020, 12:41:42 AM »
15,000 players :mynicca

it's lonely in Marvin's ship because nobody has him as their faction :lol

was feasting on some legions with ronin, dashing around blocking until they had to reload, dropping smokes inside them, all the fun stuff

can tell people don't really know about the titan executions because they act weird like trying to run when I see they're doomed and suddenly charge them
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:48:21 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #688 on: July 03, 2020, 07:04:49 PM »
I tried to play Frontier Defense just to see how the new players affected that, and found a game within 30 seconds :dead

I forgot how fast you can level up everything in that, if anyone here is trying to level up for unlocks hop into a few frontier defense games and you can level stuff up like crazy

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #689 on: July 03, 2020, 07:32:28 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #690 on: July 08, 2020, 03:48:21 PM »
Im playing with a controller on PC but im still enjoying the hell out of it. Do lower ranks get mixed in with higher ranks or is it level based who Im matched up with?

Also gonna make a montage  :whew
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #691 on: July 10, 2020, 08:48:39 PM »
I suck ass at this game but my montage is really coming together nicely! I hope to have it finished soon
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #692 on: July 13, 2020, 01:10:36 PM »
I already posted it all over the forums except in here, maybe toku will see it

I hope he loves it and plays with me someday

bless up  :salute
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #693 on: July 24, 2020, 04:21:34 PM »
Benji any chance you can help me record for some cinematics?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #694 on: September 16, 2020, 05:06:04 PM »
What