Author Topic: No Man's Sky: Peter Molyneux Edition  (Read 34356 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: No Man's Sky: Peter Molyneux Edition
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2018, 11:07:08 AM »
PS4 version $9.99 on walmart.com.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2018, 11:44:59 AM »
After 2 years of updates, they've finally worked up to a 7/10. :rejoice

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/31/no-mans-sky-next-review
©@©™

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2018, 09:05:25 PM »
Good on them for working on the game and continuing to add things to it. I still think the core loop of the game is insanely boring and not worth it but to each his own.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2018, 09:41:58 PM »
After 2 years of updates, they've finally worked up to a 7/10. :rejoice

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/31/no-mans-sky-next-review

eh, that's a shit review. Game ain't perfect, but I'd give it an 8 or so.

IB4 no1cur

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2018, 06:56:04 PM »
Hi

bdoughty

« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2018, 09:51:24 AM »
Played it way back when on the PS4 and now playing a new save on the XB1X. The base building is much better now, though the terrain is all kinds of messed up as it tends to show back up due to some chaching issues. Still tons of bugs but nothing that has been a game-stopper. Even a nice bug that lets you continue to grow plants on hydroponic trays after they have run out of fuel source.

Old McDonald had a farm but he never brought in this kind of dough.

WOOF!

Still prefer my scan-tool stacked 3 S class visor upgrades that give you more money for scanning fauna and flora.   70,000 per flora and up to 385,000 for fauna.  Easy Million per planet, just stand in one place and wait for the fauna to load in.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:55:26 AM by bdoughty »

« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2019, 10:40:49 AM »
I bought this game last month on a whim. I hadn't followed any of the press about this game because I had an Xbox and didn't think it concerned me, but read on the Fallout 76 subreddit that Fallout 76 could become like No Man's Sky in that it was "garbage when it was released, but continually improved by the developers into a great game," and was intrigued. I've put 100 hours into it so far. It's so good!

I feel like we are at a point in gaming that if you started in the early/mid '90s, current technology can do what your wildest dreams were as a kid. It's so fun. I'm considering shelling out for a PS4 Pro+PS VR when the VR update comes out this summer.

Svejk

« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2019, 12:23:04 PM »
It's really tempting to pick it up on the sale right now on PSN.  $25 for Plus members.  I want that VR!

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2019, 07:10:13 AM »

Svejk

« Reply #309 on: August 14, 2019, 08:16:00 AM »
I mean, that's a helluva update.  I almost don't want to believe it.  I need someone to let me know how that VR is! 

Sean Murray either pulled an Iga with an "I'll show them!", or Sony was like, "Look.. you look like a fool out there...  let some of our people help."

Svejk

« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2019, 08:24:04 AM »
This guy's doing a 12 hour stream in VR...

Svejk

« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2019, 08:32:26 AM »
Actually control flight with the move controllers!   :lawd  Yeah, I'm probably gonna bite now.

Tasty

« Reply #312 on: August 14, 2019, 12:01:53 PM »
VR spaceflight is so tempting.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #313 on: August 14, 2019, 04:04:36 PM »
I mean, that's a helluva update.  I almost don't want to believe it.  I need someone to let me know how that VR is! 

Sean Murray either pulled an Iga with an "I'll show them!", or Sony was like, "Look.. you look like a fool out there...  let some of our people help."

Yeah it's cool that Hello Games turned it around. Though I guess the reason they could afford it could be the same of why this launched a bit undercooked / inappropriate marketing : small studio size ?
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2019, 04:31:02 PM »
So this is safe to play again?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2019, 06:01:42 PM »
Ok, so I maybe shouldn't have tried this around 3am, because I had no clue what I was doing.  The scanning and crafting UI was just not clicking and was a bit overwhelming in VR. 
However, I will say so far, it looked great on base PS4.. Of course, I haven't even flown or gotten out to space yet.  :-[  I'm excited to try some more though.  You can tell they've put alot of care into this.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #317 on: August 18, 2019, 04:39:12 AM »
I refused to touch this game until now. Just bought it and spent...ummmm, something like the past 4 hours in VR.

FffffffffffUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuccccccccccccck
 :preach

Though I can see the core loop getting old, this game is trippy as fuck and seems to deliver what they originally presented. Now i'm really curious what the original 1.0 version was like

Svejk

« Reply #318 on: August 18, 2019, 11:54:53 AM »
Yeeup!  Same here.  Stayed up till 4:30 last night playing it myself.  So glad I waited, because it's been totally worth it so far.  Finally got out to space and it was sheer bliss.  there's so much to take in when it comes to crafting and building shit, but I'm coming around.   I can't even imagine what other worlds I'm gonna find and/or space anomalies.  Cruising in my ship and seemlessly entering the planet's atmosphere and land is goddamn beautiful in VR. 

Mods need to change the title to "Shit just got Real Edition".
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 12:00:01 PM by Svejk »

kingv

« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2019, 02:58:20 PM »
I refused to touch this game until now. Just bought it and spent...ummmm, something like the past 4 hours in VR.

FffffffffffUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuccccccccccccck
 :preach

Though I can see the core loop getting old, this game is trippy as fuck and seems to deliver what they originally presented. Now i'm really curious what the original 1.0 version was like

1.0 was still pretty interesting for a few hours.

It faded hard though, because after 100 planets you could see how paper thin the diversity was and how the alien life forms didn’t really have any sort of behaviors. They just kind of randomly ran around.

The tech was still neat though. The game was just sort of dull.

I could see it being cool to see those worlds in VR though.... at least until it gets too repetitive.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2019, 04:12:45 PM »
I can see dorking around on the planets getting old, but I'm real curious about how the space combat/freighter stuff plays out later.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2019, 09:00:02 PM »
I can see dorking around on the planets getting old, but I'm real curious about how the space combat/freighter stuff plays out later.

Once you're in the same time zone with me, we can co-nerd in PSVR on der veekends.