Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2977316 times)

El Babua

Re: Safe-space hugbox thread [no alt-right allowed]
« Reply #721 on: October 08, 2016, 01:19:03 AM »
Jacking Play-Asia's gimmick  :wag

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #722 on: October 08, 2016, 01:21:21 AM »
how is a games re-seller so political?

agrajag

« Reply #723 on: October 08, 2016, 01:44:06 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219469010&postcount=165

ASK Y2KEV IF IT'S OK TO BE CRITICAL OF HILARY

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #724 on: October 08, 2016, 02:24:59 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #725 on: October 08, 2016, 03:26:41 AM »
The people with the money are the ones who have to decide its worth changing, and I don't really see where and how that happens sadly.

Gonna repeat myself but it starts with decent labor laws, which as far as I understand is a bit of a rarity over the other side of the Atlantic. For instance I'm shocked reading in that thread that people "on a salary" are exempt from compensation for OT hours in certain industries. Even with laws in place, some employers will expect from you "unaccounted" OT (or to be at all times available) and some industries will crunch, but at least it helps curb the abuse and the employers have to be able to justify themselves. Also means employees can use it to fight back in front of authorities if needed. "Self regulation" will never ever happen under most circumstances.

Game dev sounds like a total shithole industry to be fair. Insane work-hours being a somewhat normal state of affair across several large companies either mean they have terrible management or that the market is unsustainable as it stands. And the pay isn't that great either, it seems.

I love my trade and will sometimes works extra without compensation if need be, but a norm of 50-60+ hours / week is straight up exploitation.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:41:04 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #726 on: October 08, 2016, 03:42:31 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219338912&postcount=1220

Maybe when Evilore is done hibernating (those 150+ hour-long work weeks are tough!), he will have the ad team look into these shonky adverts.

What was it about non-Google adverts being disabled pending investigation? Seems like the Uber ad was never taken care of.

Oh snap  :lol

I guess the fact that this account hasn't been nuked from orbit yet shows how much 'lore and the mods give a shit about that thread, and the issue.

benjipwns

« Reply #727 on: October 08, 2016, 04:47:43 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1290860

It's like they don't even read Evilore's announcements.

benjipwns

« Reply #728 on: October 08, 2016, 06:23:26 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219479696&postcount=4375
You say this about a nation and a society that has risen from eras where the public lynching of minorities were family events. Historical perspective is so lacking in the opening of your post I didn't bother perusing the rest of it. At a cursory glance it seems like some longwinded both sides nonsense.

Whatever.

archie4208

« Reply #729 on: October 08, 2016, 06:46:08 AM »
So, I've just completed a months ban from Neogaf (I got a bit angry in one thread).

Unremarkable I know, but for me it actually felt like a big deal - I've been active on various forums for probably 17 years or so, but this was the first time I've ever been banned from anything. And it was a humbling experience, especially being a functioning adult I really ought to know better. A bit like being told off. Initially I was taken aback, them a bit indignant, then slightly angry at being singled out as if it was a bit unfair and then I properly read back what I'd written and was a touch ashamed. It was actually slightly bizarre reading back what I wrote and seeing it through the eyes of a mod and realising I'd strayed from the acceptable. Sort of internet/twitter syndrome where there is this disconnect between what you're typing and the sense that you're actually interacting with real people, which I know sounds odd.

And it was tough, sounds daft as it's only a forum right? I'm not the most prolific poster, but I missed being able to add my thoughts to threads and of course during my ban duration there were a ton of threads I wanted to contribute to. I was genuinely relieved to have my posting privileges back and I was pleased to find I hadn't been Juniored.

Neogaf seems to be slightly easier to get banned from than other forums and that is entirely to its credit. Serious moderation is what makes this place one of the more considered places to browse. So, have you ever been banned from GAF? How did it feel? Did it feel like some sort of NeoGAF rite of passage? Did it make you reconsider your posting tone? Are you a serial banee from other forums, do you pop back up with a sock account and so on? Personally being banned has made me more careful about what I write and made me try and consider how it will come across a bit more when it's out in the public domain.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #730 on: October 08, 2016, 06:54:19 AM »
there is no substantial reply i could make with any sincerity in that thread without putting myself on the kill list. 

standard OT thread then.

nudemacusers

« Reply #731 on: October 08, 2016, 06:56:43 AM »
The rush of being on the kill list tho

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #733 on: October 08, 2016, 07:10:37 AM »
I didn't get to make my reply to that thread, I hit submit right after it got locked. :(
Like freenudemacusers I've never been banned. It goes a long way when you don't aggravate people or come into conflict because you are honest and straightforward and just stick to the facts that everyone agrees on rather than trying to push some radical views or making silly or absurd anti-humor jokes or saying things in ways that might lure people into responding because of how much they disagree.

Perhaps most importantly is knowing that you're providing a public service by posting. To do something that would get you banned may not bother you personally but it would harm the greater community and society of NeoGAF.com. As such you have a duty to ensure that users are never deprived of your helpful and welcomed assistance on many subjects. Something that freenudemacusers is especially a strong exemplar of.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #734 on: October 08, 2016, 07:35:16 AM »
Dat modbot message.

"Misrepresenting" bans, srs business :wag
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #735 on: October 08, 2016, 09:00:08 AM »
If only there was some way for the bans to be clarified rather than left unclear and to the posters imagination.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #736 on: October 08, 2016, 11:27:27 AM »
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #737 on: October 08, 2016, 11:48:59 AM »
If only there was some way for the bans to be clarified rather than left unclear and to the posters imagination.

what thread were you guys talking about?

benjipwns

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #739 on: October 08, 2016, 11:59:13 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #740 on: October 08, 2016, 12:08:07 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219497837&postcount=4868

2) In what universe is Monica Lewinsky fat?

:comeon

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #741 on: October 08, 2016, 12:11:57 PM »
I didn't get to make my reply to that thread, I hit submit right after it got locked. :(
Like freenudemacusers I've never been banned. It goes a long way when you don't aggravate people or come into conflict because you are honest and straightforward and just stick to the facts that everyone agrees on rather than trying to push some radical views or making silly or absurd anti-humor jokes or saying things in ways that might lure people into responding because of how much they disagree.

Perhaps most importantly is knowing that you're providing a public service by posting. To do something that would get you banned may not bother you personally but it would harm the greater community and society of NeoGAF.com. As such you have a duty to ensure that users are never deprived of your helpful and welcomed assistance on many subjects. Something that freenudemacusers is especially a strong exemplar of.

YMMV

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #742 on: October 08, 2016, 01:44:52 PM »
Closing in lieu of banning a bunch of folks misrepresenting their bans...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Fish<

Dennis

Jansen

« Reply #744 on: October 08, 2016, 02:47:52 PM »
Probably just trolling. At this point any distinguished mentally-challenged fellow thinking of voting trump isn't going to sway.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #745 on: October 08, 2016, 02:50:26 PM »
please don't use that word  :(
püp

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #746 on: October 08, 2016, 02:51:02 PM »
Please distinguished mentally-challenged fellow your usage of that particular word  8)

Tasty

« Reply #747 on: October 08, 2016, 03:04:31 PM »
What scripts has he written? I need to see receipts.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:doge
[close]

He won a competition with something he wrote recently IIRC.

Nola

« Reply #748 on: October 08, 2016, 03:37:52 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1291259

::)

Sure, buddy.
Probably just trolling. At this point any distinguished mentally-challenged fellow thinking of voting trump isn't going to sway.

Either way, you don't even have to read past that OP to know what will happen next.

The usual suspects comprising up the self-serving GAF machine will be along with haste to begin the process of purity shaming their new ally.

helios

« Reply #749 on: October 08, 2016, 03:38:32 PM »

Guy just now says he can't support Trump, others harp on him for taking too long and keep harping on him incessantly.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #750 on: October 08, 2016, 03:59:06 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219480245&postcount=70

Yeah, that's why you don't get banned you little teachers pet fuckboi
sigh

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #751 on: October 08, 2016, 04:05:12 PM »

Guy just now says he can't support Trump, others harp on him for taking too long and keep harping on him incessantly.

That whole thread is embarrassing. Just a pile of people giving reason why they are better than anyone else.
rub

Nola

« Reply #752 on: October 08, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219519101&postcount=379
Yeah. Completely ridiculous that it took this much for some people. Shows a major lack of insight and critical thinking. The rest of us already understood that he was this kind of guy and we didnt need the video from 2005 to know it because it's how he lives every day of his life. All you have to do is listen to him speak.

...but at least we're all making in there together in the end. Someone changing in a positive direction is to be celebrated even if they started low.

I.E. My virtue and intellectual superiority above yours is unquestioned, GAF also needs to know of my allegiance and purity above yours. That must be at the forefront before appreciating your change of heart..Though who am I kidding:

You were seriously considering electing a man president because you invented a better version of him in your imagination and just hoped it came true?

Really think about that dude and consider your decision making so that you do better in the future.

The high of virtue signaling is all that really concerns me, you should realize repentance means nothing to us.

helios

« Reply #753 on: October 08, 2016, 04:24:28 PM »
Fun's over.

OP is out, so we probably don't need people to keep piling on them. (Also in general this kind of reaction post is probably better in an existing thread than as a new one, given that we already have a ton of threads on this topic.)

Just a couple of things. Please remember that being right and another person being wrong is not an excuse to be a jerk. Attacking people and piling may or may not be effective as a tactic (it probably isn't), but either way it's still being a jerk. Don't be a jerk.

And... this isn't really a moderation note so much as a general thought (mod power abuse tbh). Barring some kind of argument-total-war, it's usually better to leave people you disagree with some kind of escape route. Yes it's fun and satisfying to block everything off so you can really unload on them, but the end result is that while you might get a glorious argument victory, it's much harder for them to actually change their mind.

Give people you're arguing with enough space to gracefully back out and change positions. It doesn't have to mean they're getting away with something. And yes, I know it's tempting to write off anyone who would be influenced in their opinions by the way others treat them... but then you're writing off most of humanity. We're all humans. Humans are weird. So it goes.

It's going to keep happening.

agrajag

« Reply #754 on: October 08, 2016, 04:28:10 PM »
These numbnuts don't understand that they're pushing people away from their side. Someone had a change of heart, saw the error of their ways? Let's not welcome them with open arms, let's shame and chastise them instead. Virtue signaling is top priority.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #755 on: October 08, 2016, 04:28:35 PM »
Cyan is too good for GAF

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #756 on: October 08, 2016, 04:42:18 PM »
These numbnuts don't understand that they're pushing people away from their side. Someone had a change of heart, saw the error of their ways? Let's not welcome them with open arms, let's shame and chastise them instead. Virtue signaling is top priority.

People would rather say I told you so than exercise patience and understanding to say I'm glad you're here now. They want to be right more than they want to be good.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #757 on: October 08, 2016, 04:48:01 PM »
cyan too good for gaf not bad enough for the bore
que

benjipwns

« Reply #758 on: October 08, 2016, 05:04:29 PM »
Always suspected Cyan had alt-right sympathies.

benjipwns

« Reply #759 on: October 08, 2016, 05:05:45 PM »
You were seriously considering electing a man president because you invented a better version of him in your imagination and just hoped it came true?
I have so many bitchy and snarky answers to this I can't choose. I'm overwhelmed. Shutting down...

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #760 on: October 08, 2016, 05:07:27 PM »
I have so many bitchy and snarky answers to this I can't choose. I'm overwhelmed. Shutting down...

:teehee
Hi

Nola

« Reply #761 on: October 08, 2016, 05:20:29 PM »
Cyan is too good for GAF

Agreed, sadly it's a losing battle in the long run, since simultaneously numerous other mods are elsewhere on the site encouraging the same behavior Cyan just condemned through carrot and stick practices.

While the owner seems apathetic to any of it as long as the ad revenue keeps rolling in.

agrajag

« Reply #762 on: October 08, 2016, 05:24:51 PM »
How long do you guys think before a rapper drops a Trump pussy grabbing simile?

"Grab yo pussy like donald trump"

EDIT: wrong thread, but still a pertinent question

FStop7

« Reply #763 on: October 08, 2016, 05:35:20 PM »
I'd leave that to Officer Ricky since he's the one who rapped about how cool he was for drugging women.

benjipwns

« Reply #764 on: October 08, 2016, 05:37:13 PM »
NeoGAF.com really wishes there was a secret tape of Donald J. Trump saying the n-word. Like a lot. For months now. And this has just encouraged more of it. You'd think it's a Sony exclusive.

Also a lot of people really hoping this destroys Donald J. Trump's family and his wife leaves him and kids refuse to speak to him ever again, etc.

I'm starting to think these posts talking about erections and masturbation may not be tongue-in-cheek.

It really changes how I visualize the piling on of any poster who says something remotely critical of the Queen or not critical enough of Donald J. Trump by 30 or 40 posters in two minutes. Especially when everyone's done and the person is banned before they can respond. And then someone else comes in late and decides to get off one more load post.

benjipwns

« Reply #765 on: October 08, 2016, 05:40:22 PM »
No, gotta wait and give his supporters time to come out and say its not so bad and they still support him. you know fucks like Hannity and elected folks like Paul Ryan to still keep supporting

THEN drop another fucking bomb on them.

Rinse and repeat

I imagine some kind of n***** k*** j** f***** pussy melt down tape. With some casual rape thrown in.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #766 on: October 08, 2016, 05:42:49 PM »
cyan too good for gaf not bad enough for the bore

Just right for dank memes?
©@©™

Nola

« Reply #767 on: October 08, 2016, 06:44:29 PM »

People would rather say I told you so than exercise patience and understanding to say I'm glad you're here now. They want to be right more than they want to be good.

To expand, they want to "win." But more importantly, above all else, they want to feel dominant and superior over others. Ironically exhibiting many of the characteristics in Trump they vehemently deride.

You literally have a guy coming in and saying(assuming he is being honest) "you were right, I was wrong, I'm voting for your person now." And for a large portion of that thread that didn't mean anything. Empathy is at zero. It was just an opening to start shaming him for not being on their side sooner, accusations of diet racism, and to make sure he knows he is intellectually inferior.

IMO it's why a poster like A link to the Past will go to war over people threatening to vote third party or not vote, because it will destroy minority lives he says. Then when confronted with a person doing just what he claimed to want for the greater good, he wants to start pestering them about being diet racist and not being pure enough. There's no internal logical consistency. It just a means to satisfy their baser nature and a thread like this exposes that.

...But as long as you are dressing that up with the wardrobe of GAF's groupthink, you have protection and often mod allies willing to help you get your fix.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 06:49:48 PM by Nola »

railGUN

« Reply #768 on: October 08, 2016, 07:12:07 PM »
3 Palm Springs Police Officers shot; conditions unknown

Quote from: Angelus Errare
Please let the shooter be white.

NeoGAF.com

edit:

Thank you. I admit poor timing but that's particular point is just as important IMO. Especially because it can take some heat off Trump's sexist statement at this time.

:lol :lol :doge
Fish<

daemon

« Reply #769 on: October 08, 2016, 07:16:31 PM »

NeoGAF.com

edit:

Thank you. I admit poor timing but that's particular point is just as important IMO. Especially because it can take some heat off Trump's sexist statement at this time.

what does this make, his possibly 20th ban?

Nola

« Reply #770 on: October 08, 2016, 07:18:55 PM »
NeoGAF.com really wishes there was a secret tape of Donald J. Trump saying the n-word. Like a lot. For months now. And this has just encouraged more of it. You'd think it's a Sony exclusive.

Also a lot of people really hoping this destroys Donald J. Trump's family and his wife leaves him and kids refuse to speak to him ever again, etc.

I'm starting to think these posts talking about erections and masturbation may not be tongue-in-cheek.

It really changes how I visualize the piling on of any poster who says something remotely critical of the Queen or not critical enough of Donald J. Trump by 30 or 40 posters in two minutes. Especially when everyone's done and the person is banned before they can respond. And then someone else comes in late and decides to get off one more load post.

Maybe you finally found out what will get GAF to fall in love with Oculus again?

Converting message board political fan-fiction into the immersive, erotic experiences they seem to secretly want.

railGUN

« Reply #771 on: October 08, 2016, 07:30:57 PM »
Quote from: Sub-Zero at a Starbucks
Poorly-timed or not, violence to or from police and race in America are fundamentally politically interwoven. It's like someone using sand to put out a bonfire, someone else going "please don't be water" and then getting mad at someone for suggesting they'd even consider using water.

:huh
Fish<

Vertigo

« Reply #772 on: October 08, 2016, 07:33:49 PM »
Bah already posted. tbh he is under the protected poster status. So won't be banned and if he is it's usually just a day or two.

daemon

« Reply #773 on: October 08, 2016, 07:38:14 PM »
Bah already posted. tbh he is under the protected poster status. So won't be banned and if he is it's usually just a day or two.

What are you saying? NeoGAF(tm) is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation

agrajag

« Reply #774 on: October 08, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »

those are the voices that need to be heard.  :doge

Averon

« Reply #775 on: October 08, 2016, 07:58:05 PM »

NeoGAF.com

edit:

Pretty disgusting thread. If the moderation at GAF had any sort of consistency or integrity, half the posters in that thread will be banned. But we know that won't happen as many of the posters in there have protected status.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:08:10 PM by Averon »

railGUN

« Reply #776 on: October 08, 2016, 08:12:36 PM »
 :lol

A mod purged the thread of all Angelus Errare's derail. Not banned.  :lol

BCT has mods on a short leash.
Fish<

Averon

« Reply #777 on: October 08, 2016, 08:19:28 PM »
Yup. I just noticed the purged posts as well.

Pretty damn pathetic. If this was ANY other poster, they would have gotten a very public ban. If this doesn't show that Angelus Errare is a protected poster there, nothing will.

Dennis

« Reply #778 on: October 08, 2016, 08:20:32 PM »
So Angelus Errare posted something worse than I ever did but isn't banned, even for a day?

railGUN

« Reply #779 on: October 08, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »
That thread was on at least page 2, maybe page 3. Now there's 27 posts  :lol

Meanwhile... in the Will mobile-gaf ever see further development? thread:

Quote from: IdreamofHIME
Too busy cramming the mobile site with malware ads to actually add features.

:lol
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:35:14 PM by railGUN »
Fish<