Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2901585 times)

Nola

Re: Other Forum Megathread of Trash People for Trash People
« Reply #25680 on: September 18, 2017, 08:26:35 PM »
Dunno what white people cherish more, private property or the rights of Nazis.

Fascism literally survives by exploiting the sensibilities/norms/etc of liberalism while attempting to destroy it. There's no such thing as an honest political disagreement or debate with fascism. It should be stomped out. Obviously violence against Nazism/fascism/etc isn't popular. We live in a society where "both sides" fuckery dominates. But I'd rather have a foot kept on the neck of fascism and deal with the "hey you're just as bad as them" outrage than take the foot off and allow them to spread unchecked.

I 100% agree with the sentiment and desired outcome. And personally, don't really care that this guy got punched(though my gut tells me this person probably has some serious mental issues to do this in this fashion). Probably, if pushed, I would side with the position that in isolation, the Richard Spencer thing did more for the cause of anti-fascism then against it in the court of public opinion.

Though I wouldn't actually encourage it. Or support it being the rule as opposed to the exception. Which I think is where the larger disagreement begins to arise between well intentioned individuals on this topic. A question of whether that response itself is justified. Which also sort of requires to ask whether the underlying situational context this social conflict is taking place in justifies these responses at all. I think well intentioned people, like iapetus, and probably me, have different answers to those questions then GAF. And I think GAF refuses to accept any answers that suggest that particular set of tactics and overarching strategy(if there is one?) is not the correct one. And pretty clearly the mods, in their silence, are signaling alliance and encouragement of that snuffing out as well.

EDIT: Should also mention my entire context of Iapetus as a poster is simply from this thread.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:33:19 PM by Nola »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #25681 on: September 18, 2017, 08:27:36 PM »
Dude is on Voat now.

"I've been here for years. I watched GAF go from a regular hobbyist forum to a breeding ground for extremist anti-white rhetoric. It's disgusting and I'm glad to no longer be associated with that site's management."

I guess The Bore isn't the cool place for GAF mods to hang out when they've been shat on by GAF, rip bore.  :'(

Oh well, we don't need anymore Nazi sympathizers here anyway, we've got enough already thanks.  :donot

I didn't know this place existed until a few friends told me. There's no way to know it exists really.

I googled "NeoGAF sucks" and found this place.  :lol

Trurl

« Reply #25682 on: September 18, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »
are y'all really defending iapetus

his posts were dumb af
As much as I hate GAF, his framing GAF's problem as being "extremist anti-white rhetoric" was a little  :kobeyuck

Huh?
As a white person I have never felt aggrieved while reading GAF.  Framing it that way sounds like white victimhood which I'm uncomfortable with.  Not saying that he was bad for saying it but I didn't like it. For one thing, isn't GAF mostly white?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #25683 on: September 18, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »

his posts were dumb af

you really want to call us moderate darlings don't you?

hey guys, Jansen thinks we're moderate darlings!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #25684 on: September 18, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »

He would definitely put his jew-jitsu for a good task, and add a lot of wins to his undefeated record.

:thinking

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #25685 on: September 18, 2017, 08:50:19 PM »

I guess The Bore isn't the cool place for GAF mods to hang out when they've been shat on by GAF, rip bore.  :'(

Oh well, we don't need anymore Nazi sympathizers here anyway, we've got enough already thanks.  :donot

I blame the europeans

build the wall

Himu

« Reply #25686 on: September 18, 2017, 09:04:10 PM »
Rise:

What do you think about the current thing where some people treat being trans as a social thing and not a medical thing? Apparently I'm truscum :doge because I think being trans requires having gender dysphoria. When did this social thing even start? Are they people who jumped on our bandwagon after the Laverne Cox Time cover and don't want to transition medically because they know they'd crack? Having dysphoria and not taking hormones? Ok. It'll be hard, but hey. Your choice. Some can't. But not having dysphoria and claiming to be trans? What is this? How are they trans? It's like claiming to be gay when you don't like the same sex. Where did this shit start?

There's lots of good trans Facebook groups btw, for people who hate the mainstream "community" like we do.
IYKYK

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #25687 on: September 18, 2017, 09:10:22 PM »
The best part about this is that the Nazis ain't got shit on the communists when it comes to suppression and death counts. But the left, or what used to be the left, is too dumb to see it. They've all been raised in a steady diet of superheroes and black and white world views.

Be the change you seek? Nonviolence? Turn the other cheek?  Ghandi? MLK and civil rights? Fuck outta here. We all mutherfukkin Batman now.

FStop7

« Reply #25688 on: September 18, 2017, 09:16:15 PM »

his posts were dumb af
As much as I hate GAF, his framing GAF's problem as being "extremist anti-white rhetoric" was a little  :kobeyuck

this is why i'm interested in the backchannel, smells like there's more to it.

Himu

« Reply #25689 on: September 18, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
The great (lol) part about how modern "justice" movements is that they bring up things like Malcolm X and the Panthers and shit, and while there's certainly a claim to be made for self defense justice movements, today's movements are hardly about self defense and more about constant outrage. BLM can't even present a cognizant list of demands. Fine. Think that black church coalition of the 60's was too non-violent in their protesting. But you aren't offering nearly an organized or viable alternative. I, an amateur protester, made a far more relevant list to black freedom on fucking gaf than what that BLM chick threw up last month.
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #25690 on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:16 PM »

his posts were dumb af

this is why i'm interested in the backchannel, smells like there's more to it.

I seriously doubt that's actually him.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #25691 on: September 18, 2017, 09:22:50 PM »
Oh cool full pages almost exclusively from butthurt juniors and gafthread-only scrubs

Ya'll know there's a whole community of us dummy losers to tee off on right outside of this thread, right?
Yes, juniors. Please contribute to my shit post- I mean..dank meme thread.  :doge
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:29:42 PM by Atramental »

counterhit

« Reply #25692 on: September 18, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »
Running to voat after getting banned or just demodded because of a nazi argument seems really unproductive.

Nola

« Reply #25693 on: September 18, 2017, 09:31:36 PM »
The great (lol) part about how modern "justice" movements is that they bring up things like Malcolm X and the Panthers and shit, and while there's certainly a claim to be made for self defense justice movements, today's movements are hardly about self defense and more about constant outrage. BLM can't even present a cognizant list of demands. Fine. Think that black church coalition of the 60's was too non-violent in their protesting. But you aren't offering nearly an organized or viable alternative. I, an amateur protester, made a far more relevant list to black freedom on fucking gaf than what that BLM chick threw up last month.

I'm not familiar with that particular person and her demands, but I always thought that overall, Campaign Zero's "Solutions" page articulated a pretty good case and list of tangible goals. Or at least a reasonable starting place for actual comprehensive policy reform.

Though once you get into other policy and social territory, it does feel like it gets vaguer and vaguer and more and more chaotic.

Averon

« Reply #25694 on: September 18, 2017, 09:38:38 PM »
Are we even sure that is him on Voat? I agree it does raise eyebrows if the first thing he did was run it Voat after getting demodded.

Nola

« Reply #25695 on: September 18, 2017, 09:43:27 PM »
The best part about this is that the Nazis ain't got shit on the communists when it comes to suppression and death counts. But the left, or what used to be the left, is too dumb to see it. They've all been raised in a steady diet of superheroes and black and white world views.

Be the change you seek? Nonviolence? Turn the other cheek?  Ghandi? MLK and civil rights? Fuck outta here. We all mutherfukkin Batman now.

Insulation and a lack of self reflection/criticism seems to be threads tying movements on the left and the right together right now IMO. Not to say they are equivalent in larger capacities, but just that that blind spot seems to exist in both spaces in my experience.

For every GAF post, I hear, read, or see Trumpkins that think protecting the greater good requires cracking down on immigrants, snuffing out ANTIFA, draining the swamp(basically anyone mean to god emperor Trump) even if it goes out of the bounds of norms of behavior or the law(because hey, Obama/Clinton crime family/Pelosi did worse). Without any sense that what they are advocating looks kinda similar to the very thing they are crying that the left and the "establishment" are being accused of.

Its a different manifestation of blind spots on the left, and probably not as concerning to society right now given the power imbalances favoring right-wing extremism, but I agree they are there and that thread sort of highlights some of them.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:47:55 PM by Nola »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #25696 on: September 18, 2017, 09:43:52 PM »
I keep seeing people post about Nazi sympathizers. Were there any Nazi sympathizers in the thread, or are people just using this vile label for people who argue against vigilantism again? By this same way of thinking, aren't people that argue against the death penalty murderer sympathizers?

Quote from: Nepenthe
Not everyone who gets the death penalty is a murderer, or even a criminal, hence the actual moral issues with an active death penalty.

That's the moral issue with the death penalty?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249261030&postcount=2080

Defend the death penalty before admitting that no, impetus isn't actually a nazi sympathizer, brehs.
sigh

Himu

« Reply #25697 on: September 18, 2017, 09:47:26 PM »

I'm not familiar with that particular person and her demands, but I always thought that overall, Campaign Zero's "Solutions" page articulated a pretty good case and list of tangible goals. Or at least a reasonable starting place for actual comprehensive policy reform.

Though once you get into other policy and social territory, it does feel like it gets vaguer and vaguer and more and more chaotic.

Not bad. Very focused on policing but that's probably their niche.

I would include make it Federal law that the polices job is to protect and serve. One problem is that it's hard to prosecute police because that is not law. In America, that's just a tag line. Protect and serve should be defined in concrete terms to ease prosecution.

Another asset here is education: I've said it before, but America should be educating our children about the injustices done to black and native peoples the way Germans are taught about Nazis. This should also be federal. Things like that textbook saying black slaves were just indentured servants should be made illegal.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #25698 on: September 18, 2017, 09:51:37 PM »

He would definitely put his jew-jitsu for a good task, and add a lot of wins to his undefeated record.

Hey guys, why don't you acknowledge the existence of moderate nazis who don't follow the nazi cult book 100% (Mein Kampf) and are not for the ethnic cleansing?

Can you imagine this argument being made on GAF?

:kobeyuck

voat is that way -->

Quote from: Olivia Wilde Homo
I don't know about you all but I want this spiral of black rage to keep escalating.  I want NeoGAF to become so deranged that they're no longer capable of functioning as people in a society.

How many Gaffers do you think are functioning members of society?

Quote from: stufte
I don't get the pushback @ Nazism being a political ideology...

It's a meme. I've seen it happen all the time on GAF. One person gets outraged by some particular thing without providing reason and the next person sees it and hops on the outrage train without giving it much thought. Before you know it iapetus (using him as en example in this case) is public enemy number one and the angry mob is getting the horses ready to draw and quarter him.

Quote from: Nola
People incapable of understanding there is both a broad definition of politics and political viewpoints, which iapetus is referring to, which would in fact umbrella nazism, and the inferred normative definition which refers to the ideologies and parties we find acceptable in our political society.

Seems like dumb fucks, including whoever de-modded iapetus, are incapable of separating out that distinction. Let alone understanding his point about crossover effect and why he thinks pretending like nazism is some separable basket of thought that is beyond the pale is idiotic and potentially counter-productive in combating it.

Acting like "political view" has some sort of sanctity and it's outrageous to besmirch it by saying that nazism is a political view is extremely reductive. There's nothing inherently sacred about politics.

Quote from: counterhit
You have to admit this fine tradition has become way more masturbatory in the last two years. Now we got NPCs acting out twitter rebuttals with political cartoon level depth in the new Wolfenstein, shit's lame (still going to buy it of course). Dweebs like Messofanego* can point to stuff like that and do some weird online flex thing. Using videogames to quell some sort of political anxiety or as a form of imaginary revenge is the most pathetic shit in the world. It basically takes a fun, guilt-free power fantasy (killing Nazis) and perverts it into a gesture of resentful impotence (fucking Drumpf!). I would at least consider that "grotesque" to some extent. Putting aside bringing up older material like Captain America covers or Indiana Jones clips to associate with yourself (this would be seen as completely fucking lame in any other context), developers can't even put Nazis in a game anymore without #TheResistance turning it into a form of moral peacocking. It's just a videogame! And the comparisons to random street violence or antifa attacks misses the bigger point that in this form of media, the Nazis are scary and worthy adversaries. In these stories we have a commander or lore hero, who does not punch out journalists with cameras or preach that the state should be destroyed for anarcho-communism, against the unstoppable Wehrmacht with terrifyingly advanced technology (glorified into myth, but that's fiction for you). Kind of a different scenario compared to sucker-punching midget weeaboos playing dress up with shit they ordered online.

*: Messo "finds seeing someone get demodded in person glorious because he's never seen a girl naked in person" fanego.

Can you imagine his glee if he was present during the purging of the kulaks? I've spoken about the terrifying excitement and blood-lust GAF always had for mods punishing the wrongthinkers. This is just an extention of that behavior. It took iapetus one slip up before they went full Lord of the Flies on him. Grotesque is the prefect word to describe what we witnessed.

And I say all that without necessarily agreeing with what iapetus posted then and subsequently or without feeling sorry for the Nazi that got flattened out.

Nola

« Reply #25699 on: September 18, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »
I keep seeing people post about Nazi sympathizers. Were there any Nazi sympathizers in the thread, or are people just using this vile label for people who argue against vigilantism again? By this same way of thinking, aren't people that argue against the death penalty murderer sympathizers?

Quote from: Nepenthe
Not everyone who gets the death penalty is a murderer, or even a criminal, hence the actual moral issues with an active death penalty.

That's the moral issue with the death penalty?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249261030&postcount=2080

Defend the death penalty before admitting that no, impetus isn't actually a nazi sympathizer, brehs.

Its the same disconnect I always ran into when I was dumb enough to engage in those threads.

Jump into a thread about criminal justice as an abstract concept and you will get hit with a litany of talking points about how pointless and ineffective harsh retributive punishment that permeates our system is. How poor a job it does at deterring recidivism(Sheriff Joe's work camps anyone?) or reducing crime occurrences(also true), especially compared to forms of rehabilitation and systemic changes, like crushing poverty or policies like "broken window" policing, that act as the soil that grows crime or criminalizes. But jump into a punch-a-Nazi thread and all of the sudden harsh retribution is the only game anyone is allowed to play. And you see people like that doing these contortionist acts when they are faced with that inconsistency.

daemon

« Reply #25700 on: September 18, 2017, 09:59:27 PM »

Hey guys, why don't you acknowledge the existence of moderate nazis who don't follow the nazi cult book 100% (Mein Kampf) and are not for the ethnic cleansing?

Can you imagine this argument being made on GAF?

:kobeyuck

voat is that way -->

ugh

play of words based meme from the old fun-times of the internet relevant because nazi stuff.

And sarcastic parallel to when they make an argument in favor of moderate muslim people because they don't follow the book that tells them to smite everyone else.

Who peed on your cheerios?

Himu

« Reply #25701 on: September 18, 2017, 10:02:34 PM »
Haha. No that's the progressives. The moderates follow the religion without making it about a set of laws.
IYKYK

daemon

« Reply #25702 on: September 18, 2017, 10:03:36 PM »
And sarcastic parallel to when they make an argument in favor of moderate muslim people because they don't follow the book that tells them to smite everyone else.

So like moderates of any abrahamic religion.

Yes... but you'd really need to illustrate me into what even the most "by the book" people from other religions have caused in terms of bodycount in modern times. Even the most fanatic leave some wiggle room. The source or causes of it are up for debate though

agrajag

« Reply #25703 on: September 18, 2017, 10:03:51 PM »
Also, it's tiring seeing the wanna be revolutionaries SJW on GAF using MLK as a shield every time they get called out on acting shitty. Especially after years and years of accusing the right of doing the same.

daemon

« Reply #25704 on: September 18, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »
Also, it's tiring seeing the wanna be revolutionaries Social Studies Warrior on GAF using MLK as a shield every time they get called out on acting shitty. Especially after years and years of accusing the right of doing the same.

it's pretty well known that people who stay on the center, not thought wise but action wise... they get it coming from all the sides

Himu

« Reply #25705 on: September 18, 2017, 10:05:54 PM »
Also, it's tiring seeing the wanna be revolutionaries Social Studies Warrior on GAF using MLK as a shield every time they get called out on acting shitty. Especially after years and years of accusing the right of doing the same.

Done it myself but you're right!
IYKYK

daemon

« Reply #25706 on: September 18, 2017, 10:09:38 PM »

Yes... but you'd really need to illustrate me into what even the most "by the book" people from other religions have caused in terms of bodycount in modern times. Even the most fanatic leave some wiggle room. The source or causes of it are up for debate though

Yeah let's ignore the decades long situation in Israel, the Iraq war, multiple attempts to "destabilize" the middle eastern region, etc.

I said explicitly that the cause is up for debate. And I agree that leaders of the "free world" have contributed to creating this mess.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #25707 on: September 18, 2017, 10:09:41 PM »

I wonder if they would call MLK a moderate for his policy of non-violence to enact political change?  He would likely get one of these.

It also bothers me when people say "so what, he still got shot."  How far do you have to zoom out to call his works insignificant because he was killed for his beliefs?
sigh

daemon

« Reply #25708 on: September 18, 2017, 10:12:01 PM »

I wonder if they would call MLK a moderate for his policy of non-violence to enact political change?  He would likely get one of these.

(Image removed from quote.)

It also bothers me when people say "so what, he still got shot."  How far do you have to zoom out to call his works insignificant because he was killed for his beliefs?

What do you mean? Lots of great people have been shot

Abraham Lincoln

Mahatma Gandhi

Adolf Hitler

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:doge
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #25709 on: September 18, 2017, 10:13:02 PM »
Well what I've noticed is that people both on the left and the right manage to use MLK to support their completely opposite narratives. Just leave him out of it.

« Reply #25710 on: September 18, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
30 years from now there are going to be a lot of current day fence sitting moderates who will lie to their Grand kids about how they stood up against a modern day resurgence of Nazis and fascism. Better hope they don't know your internet handles because they'll see how you did nothing except excuse it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249236918&postcount=1038

I will proudly tell my grandchildren how I stood up to the fascist machine by actively not watching (most of) the inauguration of Drumpf.

Oblivion

« Reply #25711 on: September 18, 2017, 10:16:25 PM »
Man, this thread was voat-tier for the past few pages(implying it wasn't for the majority of the past two years or so).

I've seen enough "anti-white rhetoric omgz" pouting pussy posts that I feel the need to point out that what you see has a lot more to do with the extreme victim complex you have and a lot less to do with you being legitimately attacked.

"Past few pages"? Nah, this shit's been going on for months now.

Look, I get that there's a lot of overreactions from the lefties on gaf, many cases I agree they go to far (like that Evergreen thread), but many of the posts I've seen in this thread for a good while now have started to get dangerously close to "You know, maybe the Civil War wasn't about slavery after all" mentality.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #25712 on: September 18, 2017, 10:17:31 PM »
30 years from now there are going to be a lot of current day fence sitting moderates who will lie to their Grand kids about how they stood up against a modern day resurgence of Nazis and fascism. Better hope they don't know your internet handles because they'll see how you did nothing except excuse it.

I will proudly tell my grandchildren how I stood up to the fascist machine by actively not watching (most of) the inauguration of Drumpf.

“Did I fight the Nazis? Child, Twin Peaks came back that year!”
serge

daemon

« Reply #25713 on: September 18, 2017, 10:22:29 PM »
Man, this thread was voat-tier for the past few pages(implying it wasn't for the majority of the past two years or so).

I've seen enough "anti-white rhetoric omgz" pouting pussy posts that I feel the need to point out that what you see has a lot more to do with the extreme victim complex you have and a lot less to do with you being legitimately attacked.

Look, I get that there's a lot of overreactions from the lefties on gaf, many cases I agree they go to far (like that Evergreen thread), but many of the posts I've seen in this thread for a good while now have started to get dangerously close to "You know, maybe the Civil War wasn't about slavery after all" mentality.
it was about slavery, but if I'm to believe stuff like this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-schweitzer/slavery-and-the-civil-war_b_849066.html

It was not only about it

Himu

« Reply #25714 on: September 18, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »
Aren't you European? Who tf cares what you think about the American civil war? Why do you even care? Serious question.
IYKYK

Oblivion

« Reply #25715 on: September 18, 2017, 10:27:35 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-schweitzer/slavery-and-the-civil-war_b_849066.html

It was not only about it

omg no we are not doing this

daemon

« Reply #25716 on: September 18, 2017, 10:30:54 PM »
Aren't you European? Who tf cares what you think about the American civil war? Why do you even care? Serious question.
i'm sorry, but I posted a link not written by me, and I find details I never knew. Would it kill you to know more about the conflicts that shaped the world as it is today?

Oblivion

« Reply #25717 on: September 18, 2017, 10:34:44 PM »

Yeah man, I said so just above you.

I was agreeing with you aside from the time line.

daemon

« Reply #25718 on: September 18, 2017, 10:35:06 PM »

Yeah let's ignore the decades long situation in Israel, the Iraq war, multiple attempts to "destabilize" the middle eastern region, etc.

I said explicitly that the cause is up for debate. And I agree that leaders of the "free world" have contributed to creating this mess.

All cause is up to debate. There's no islamic passage that says "thou shalt bomb europe". Most terrorist groups, much like dictatorships, aim for power and are insane in their interpretations of whatever source they use to control people. The quran is a long, arduous read of what is essentially ancient slam poetry by a weirdo fanboy of abrahamic religions. It's full of lines about smiting followed by lines of love thy brother and shit. It contradicts itself as much as it makes itself vague enough for people to interpret it in whatever way they want. Which fits the M.O. of most so called sacred books.

Most people who have used it to rule, lead a group in whatever way, etc. have had their own interests in mind. Osama Bin Laden wasn't so much following the text 100% as he really hated america and wanted to establish himself as ruler of the middle east through the caliphate bullshit. The cause isn't so much Islam as it's anti-western propaganda fueled by the so called "negative western influence" that happened in recent history.

Islam certainly plays a role, as does Christianity in a lot of the horrors that came out of the west. But blaming the religions themselves as the sole reasons for destruction is pedestrian when it comes to global conflicts.

The low level radicalization we see from our literal neighbors that once immigrated to our lands is something that will pose a threat on our livelihood in a future if not successfully stopped. I've read in many places that this "inner" war will expand probably for 20 years or so, and might actually threaten our peaceful lifestyle. I understand the radicalization on war-torn, recently freed from dictator lands and stuff, but how do we explain the radicalization within this very stable society we supposedly created?I know most of the times it gets attached to the whole "lack of purpose" life and other stuff with the occasional marginalization claim.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #25719 on: September 18, 2017, 10:36:29 PM »

not sure what the state of Israel, the Iraq war, CIA destabilization operations have to do with religion, nor how secular governments like USA represent religion.

Nola

« Reply #25720 on: September 18, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »

It was not only about it

I mean, sure, states rights was an issue then just like states rights has been an issue since the federal government passed the Civil Rights Act. The concern over states rights seemingly started and ended over issues of slavery.

The confederate states didn't give two shits about the sanctity of states rights when those states didn't want to support slavery anymore and they found that unacceptable and sought to legislate it.

daemon

« Reply #25721 on: September 18, 2017, 10:39:19 PM »

It was not only about it

I mean, sure, states rights was an issue then just like states rights has been an issue since the federal government passed the Civil Rights Act. The concern over states rights seemingly started and ended over issues of slavery.

The confederate states didn't give two shits about the sanctity of states rights when those states didn't want to support slavery anymore and they found that unacceptable and sought to legislate it.

I never said anything against that. But it could be seen as: today's slavery, tomorrow is something else. It totally backfired on them tho.

Boredfrom

« Reply #25722 on: September 18, 2017, 10:50:43 PM »

Fascism literally survives by exploiting the sensibilities/norms/etc of liberalism while attempting to destroy it. There's no such thing as an honest political disagreement or debate with fascism. It should be stomped out. Obviously violence against Nazism/fascism/etc isn't popular. We live in a society where "both sides" fuckery dominates. But I'd rather have a foot kept on the neck of fascism and deal with the "hey you're just as bad as them" outrage than take the foot off and allow them to spread unchecked.

I also would prefer that a pretty fascist like anti-facist movement not be unchecked. There is a bigger societal fuckery that "both sides", is "ends justify the means".

And no, I actually didn't mind so much the nazi being punched but that a forum that label itself as progressive is pretty willing to celebrate violence and vigilantism when is in the service of the right side. People will not suddenly stop being disingenuous assholes if the "both sides" rethoric is not used anymore. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:59:46 PM by Boredfrom »

daemon

« Reply #25723 on: September 18, 2017, 10:59:44 PM »

I Aldo souls prefer that a pretty fascist like anti-facist movement not be unchecked. There is a bigger societal fuckery that "both sides", is "ends justify the means".

all mad men have this common trait of the moral righteousness, specially when properly cuddled by their ecochambers

nudemacusers

« Reply #25724 on: September 18, 2017, 11:02:05 PM »

I buy all my shoes from Jew sodomites
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #25725 on: September 18, 2017, 11:12:49 PM »

I buy all my shoes from Jew sodomites

I'm not being a very good ally. The sneakers I have on now are from a company founded by Nazis :( Don't punch me bros.
serge

clothedmacuser

« Reply #25726 on: September 18, 2017, 11:13:24 PM »

Yeah deport him to Germany and make sure he wears his arm band as soon as he touches down, so he can be identified as one of them and be accepted in a warm embrace.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249269103&postcount=2200

Make him wear an arm band so people can identify him. 

:donot

Yet if they did that and meant it to be cosmic irony I would support that.  The problem is that when people say "fuck the _________" on GAF as policy and you question them they defer to, I didn't mean all _______, I just meant these specific ones. 

I suppose we do that here on The Bore.  But it's justified when we do it because they are the wrong ones and we are right.
sigh

ModernBoxes

« Reply #25727 on: September 19, 2017, 12:07:38 AM »

Please let the words "white fragility" smack from your dainty lips and complete the circle of GAF lore.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #25728 on: September 19, 2017, 12:19:06 AM »
What the fuck is going on in here? :lol

Himu

« Reply #25729 on: September 19, 2017, 12:38:27 AM »
White people do act like babies about race a lot tho

Just being honest :idont
IYKYK

daemon

« Reply #25730 on: September 19, 2017, 12:51:32 AM »

clothedmacuser

« Reply #25731 on: September 19, 2017, 12:57:17 AM »
sigh

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #25732 on: September 19, 2017, 12:58:26 AM »
David Wong of Cracked.com just caught a ban in the Seattle Nazi thread too.

:whew 

Himu

« Reply #25733 on: September 19, 2017, 12:59:04 AM »
David Wong of Cracked.com just caught a ban in the Seattle Nazi thread too.

:whew

What he say
IYKYK

Let's Cyber

« Reply #25734 on: September 19, 2017, 01:01:50 AM »
Quote from: David H Wong
So you'd support armed mobs taking it upon themselves to root out radical Islam? You trust them to do that, to go around to mosques beating the shit out of Muslims they think are promoting jihad?

See, I think that would go wrong real fast; I think violent mobs are shitty at due process.
You intentionally dodged the point because you know you're wrong. If you truly see these as the same as the guys we fought in World War II, you wouldn't be talking about punches - you'd be talking about bombs. Do you support that? Do you support killing them on sight, as if we were in a combat zone?

If not, then yeah, there apparently is nuance in how we react, because we're just talking about mild physical violence and not drone strikes. When you say, "We always treat Nazis the same!" you're saying something you know isn't true. No, we have never treated hate mongers or extreme right politicians the same as we treat uniformed soldiers in a combat zone.

So now that we've agreed on that, let's talk about how we do want to treat them. But remember that 99.9% of the racist/nationalist movements in the world have been put down by peaceful means - David Duke holds no power because he lost one election after another. It required no war to stop him - just public mockery and people going to the polls. Virtually no open white supremacists hold office in the USA, even though tens of thousands would like to. They run for city council, mayor, governor, and they lose. Not at the hands of armed mobs, but because they just fail to sway public opinion or to get donors.

Sorry if that doesn't satisfy the easy dopamine rush of violence, but the vast majority of time, that's what victory looks like.
And here's the thing - the world actually faced that scenario and those random German citizens who went along with the Nazis actually changed their minds and formed a progressive society. Nazis aren't a different species, they didn't arrive here from another planet. They're people who didn't used to be Nazis, and at some point in the future may not be any longer.

I want Nazis "wiped out" but not in the sense that I want the termites under my house "wiped out." I want them to stop being Nazis. And it happens all the time! People change. But suggesting that only mob violence will change their minds is like suggesting that the death of Heather Heyer will end the movement to get rid of Confederate statues. You know, because violence is how you convince people, right? We're all so scared off by her death that we've dropped the cause?

OR did she become a rallying cry? So what the hell do you think is going to happen the first time some dipshit with a tiki torch gets killed, because the fight got out of hand? You honestly think that makes the racists standing around him realize they're wrong?

If you're not talking about killing them in actual military combat, then you have to think in terms of what actually works in terms of how extremists movements are stopped. And they are stopped - that's how we have a functioning society. Here's a hint: it's not violent mobs on the "good" side.

agrajag

« Reply #25735 on: September 19, 2017, 01:06:28 AM »
^ which one of those posts got him banned?

Let's Cyber

« Reply #25736 on: September 19, 2017, 01:07:32 AM »

Himu

« Reply #25737 on: September 19, 2017, 01:08:22 AM »

David Wong thank you for bringing real talk to them. These "Nazi's" are misguided and most of them can be turned back through reason.

:bow Wong :bow2

something something centrism something something moderates :doge
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #25738 on: September 19, 2017, 01:13:05 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I really don't see how this is up to debate. A white person will try to defend 300 years of chattel slavery that deemed people not human and without any rights at all much less freedom, 100 years of second class citizenship, lynchings, and fear, and 50 years of systemic discrimination (via drug laws, housing discrimination, privatized prisons, slipping crack into black neighborhoods, assassinating black leaders with impunity;etc) and still tell you with a straight face that "slavery was a long time ago, it doesn't matter anymore!"

Nah.

Many white people are fully incapable of talking about race in a mature, frank manner.
IYKYK

venereology

« Reply #25739 on: September 19, 2017, 01:15:08 AM »
while you're 100% right, people hoping for the day that white people are eradicated doesn't bring much to the table either. turns out neogaf in particular aren't great about talking about anything really