Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 945380 times)

Svejk

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #10200 on: April 29, 2021, 08:14:39 PM »
Was Mario 35 taken down??  Keep trying to log in and says "servers are inactive. Thanks for having an interest in it"
 :confused

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10201 on: April 29, 2021, 08:22:25 PM »
Was Mario 35 taken down??  Keep trying to log in and says "servers are inactive. Thanks for having an interest in it"

:miyamoto
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10202 on: April 29, 2021, 09:11:37 PM »

Mario died, please understand.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10203 on: April 29, 2021, 09:28:35 PM »

Yes.  It was a limited-time thing.  Now it's all about Pac-Man 99 (which isn't limited).
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #10204 on: April 29, 2021, 10:47:11 PM »
Pac 99 is so fucking good, man

Svejk

« Reply #10205 on: April 29, 2021, 11:56:57 PM »

Yes.  It was a limited-time thing. Now it's all about Pac-Man 99 (which isn't limited).

A toaster could run a server for that.  I suppose they'll have Zelda 35 this summer with it's anniversary too.  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #10206 on: April 30, 2021, 12:03:14 AM »
the adventure and collecting pokemons is the draw, not a deep combat system. i think those early ones balanced it quite well though if not grinding out high level pokemons, about as complex as say FF10 where you don't have an ATB and can switch into the right character for the situation at any given time. for sure much simpler though in terms of combat abilities, by necessity though i guess considering the depth of the roster

i remember ruby/emerald being a pretty decent challenge too.

anyway, yeah, just pretty surprising such a big jrpg fan has mostly ignored such an iconic series! from what i have played the series varies considerably in difficulty (and polish) between entries.

I mean I enjoyed the one I played. It's just a bit too kiddy and easy to the point it was a little boring. I only played it because a gf was playing it and I was playing it with her.

If they ever make a pokemon with a hard mode for single player I'll give it another shot. I like the mechanics, but they're not really used outside MP and I just don't play MP.

« Reply #10207 on: April 30, 2021, 01:46:50 AM »
u probably wouldn't enjoy pokemon snap without pokemon nostalgia. its a pretty simple, short game.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #10208 on: April 30, 2021, 05:25:43 AM »

At least you'll still be able to buy Super Mario 3D All-Stars on the e-shop.

Oh....

Svejk

« Reply #10209 on: April 30, 2021, 07:14:11 AM »

Oh....
WTFFFF?! 

And people complained about PS3 and Vita games being unavailable... :existential  If I wasn't on board the physical train for Switch, I'd sell this thing off.   Why are people ok with Nintendo doing this?? 

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #10210 on: April 30, 2021, 07:27:26 AM »
I feel like after a machine is EOL'ed, the vast majority of people are gonna do some digital rights management of their own, if you know what I'm sayin'

The shit I had to go through after someone broke into my car and stole my 3DS = Me never buying off Nintendo's digital storefront ever again, at least when a physical version is available

Svejk

« Reply #10211 on: April 30, 2021, 07:40:08 AM »
I feel like after a machine is EOL'ed, the vast majority of people are gonna do some digital rights management of their own, if you know what I'm sayin'

The shit I had to go through after someone broke into my car and stole my 3DS = Me never buying off Nintendo's digital storefront ever again, at least when a physical version is available
Damn.. sorry man...  I've yet to experience dealing with digital games being tied to Nintender devices.   God forbid something happens to our Switch, I'm sure I'll be singing praises to what physical stuff we got.  Nintendo really ought to do something about this by now.   I want Grandia HD collection, but physical being only a LR game is dumb AF... leaving me hesitant getting a digi version.  *sigh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10212 on: April 30, 2021, 08:30:02 AM »

Damn.. sorry man...  I've yet to experience dealing with digital games being tied to Nintender devices.   God forbid something happens to our Switch, I'm sure I'll be singing praises to what physical stuff we got.  Nintendo really ought to do something about this by now.   I want Grandia HD collection, but physical being only a LR game is dumb AF... leaving me hesitant getting a digi version.  *sigh

They did- with the Switch, you have an account you can log onto to keep track of things.   Certainly took them long enough to finally do this...and we still can't send messages or game invites unless it's something you can do from within certain games. 

But moving to another Switch isn't an issue.  When I traded up for the newer Switch model a few years ago, all I had to do was just log onto the new Switch and could re-download games without a problem.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 08:34:13 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Coffee Dog

« Reply #10214 on: April 30, 2021, 10:12:14 AM »
Pokemon Snap is a good sequel. They definitely force you to do more runs than I deem necessary (You need to unlock your light balls on a per level basis, so you need to play through a course a couple times to unlock them and then do another run through throwing your light balls on everything) and I still haven't unlocked the ability to speed up the cart after a few hours, but they're hardly big enough issues to ruin the fact that it's basically the same game. Fun stuff!  :D

I recommend muting the music and just listening to nature/pokemon noises. They make animal noises in this as opposed to anime cries, I really like it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 10:18:32 AM by Coffee Dog »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #10215 on: April 30, 2021, 02:45:37 PM »

Oh....
WTFFFF?! 

And people complained about PS3 and Vita games being unavailable... :existential  If I wasn't on board the physical train for Switch, I'd sell this thing off.   Why are people ok with Nintendo doing this??

I don’t know that anyone is okay with it.  Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10216 on: April 30, 2021, 02:52:05 PM »
I thought No No Kuni 2 was already on the Switch. I guess just the first one is. Well I don’t think it’s a good game and I’m not sure what additions could be made to improve it.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #10217 on: April 30, 2021, 03:03:39 PM »
I got the first on PS3 and loved the visual style, but could not find any kind of footing to keep playing the game itself.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #10218 on: April 30, 2021, 03:16:45 PM »
I tried to play the second on PC, but the music loop in the first dungeon drove me nuts.
I know it's Joe Hisaishi and everything, but that piece was really annoyingly repetitive, for some reason.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10219 on: April 30, 2021, 04:02:06 PM »

Oh....
WTFFFF?! 

They announced the plans to remove it very clearly when they launched and have been very clear about it the whole time it's been available. You'd have to be wilfully ignorant to not know both games were only available for a limited time.
Spud

Svejk

« Reply #10220 on: April 30, 2021, 06:33:47 PM »

Oh....
WTFFFF?! 

They announced the plans to remove it very clearly when they launched and have been very clear about it the whole time it's been available. You'd have to be wilfully ignorant to not know both games were only available for a limited time.
I didn't have a Switch at the time.  :yeshrug

But why even remove it if it's only been out for less than a year, people are playing it, and it's their flagship mascot?!  Whatever... Fuck Nintendo. 

Tasty

« Reply #10221 on: April 30, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »
:miyamoto

« Reply #10222 on: April 30, 2021, 10:39:53 PM »
ni no kuni 2 blows. it keeps gating the main quest behind sidequest completion rates. it does it like 4 times and its super annoying.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10223 on: April 30, 2021, 11:01:29 PM »
Ni No Kuni 1 -> decent story, wack gameplay/battles
Ni No Kuni 2 - > wack story, decent gameplay/battles
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10224 on: May 01, 2021, 11:28:38 AM »
the adventure and collecting pokemons is the draw, not a deep combat system. i think those early ones balanced it quite well though if not grinding out high level pokemons, about as complex as say FF10 where you don't have an ATB and can switch into the right character for the situation at any given time. for sure much simpler though in terms of combat abilities, by necessity though i guess considering the depth of the roster

i remember ruby/emerald being a pretty decent challenge too.

anyway, yeah, just pretty surprising such a big jrpg fan has mostly ignored such an iconic series! from what i have played the series varies considerably in difficulty (and polish) between entries.

I've only played 1 Pokemon RPG to completion (Yellow) and that was only a few years ago... The N64 Snap though I'm a big fan of and the first Pokemon game I spent any amount of time with.
^_^

« Reply #10225 on: May 02, 2021, 09:07:48 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #10226 on: May 02, 2021, 11:34:46 AM »
nice shots

« Reply #10227 on: May 03, 2021, 09:11:19 AM »
risk of rain 2 is 10 bux on sale right now. its very good

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10228 on: May 04, 2021, 12:26:14 PM »
River City Girls $10 code

https://amzn.to/3vG2XJs
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10229 on: May 04, 2021, 02:37:56 PM »
Valkyria Chronicles 1 + 4 are on sale  :whoo
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10230 on: May 04, 2021, 02:45:44 PM »

Both amazing games if you haven’t played them. VC4 is a nice port, some slowdown with smoke grenades or big maps, but can be mitigated if you point the camera at the ground  :rollsafe
Margs

Tuckers Law

« Reply #10231 on: May 04, 2021, 03:25:14 PM »
LMAO thems some OG Counter-Strike strats for smoke nades.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10232 on: May 04, 2021, 07:40:26 PM »

Both amazing games if you haven’t played them. VC4 is a nice port, some slowdown with smoke grenades or big maps, but can be mitigated if you point the camera at the ground  :rollsafe
Looks like the Ultimate Edition is price matched on the Xbox store.  :thinking
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10233 on: May 04, 2021, 07:56:48 PM »
Wish they ported VC1 to Xbox :(
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10235 on: May 05, 2021, 09:44:55 PM »

When you first boot up Game Builder Garage, you can start with Lesson Mode. Here, you will meet the colorful and quirky Nodon, the creatures that you will use to learn the basic concept of visual programming in step-by-step, interactive lessons you can take at your own pace. These lessons are designed to be fun, engaging and perfect for people of all experience levels, with Checkpoints in between for players to test their knowledge by solving small puzzles or tasks.

In Free Programming mode, you can bring your own game ideas to life by putting all the skills learned in the lessons to the test. With the simple press of a button, you can swap between the programming and game screen to quickly try out your creation and see how it plays.

If you’re looking for a little inspiration, you can exchange and download games with friends and family over the internet or via a local wireless connection.* This is a great way to not only show off some of your own creations, but also to check out games created by other players. You can even go into Free Programming mode to pull the curtain back on the programming of games uploaded by other players to study them and learn some tricks of your own!

While Game Builder Garage can be controlled with a Joy-Con controller, Nintendo Switch Pro Controller or the controls of the Nintendo Switch Lite system**, you can also build games using a compatible mouse that is plugged into the USB port on the Nintendo Switch dock. This control option might be easier for people who love the feel of a mouse when navigating the software.
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #10236 on: May 06, 2021, 03:57:54 AM »
:whoo
I see they previously released a game called Gunlord X on the Switch which is on sale for $5. I was looking for something to spend my eshop points on.

SmokyDave

« Reply #10237 on: May 07, 2021, 08:39:33 AM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/04/thief_simulator_2_is_sneaking_onto_switch_but_not_until_2023

Thief Simulator 2 confirmed for 2023 GoTY. Not going to spoil myself on the PC version because me, the Switch, and Thief Simulator have become the hottest trio since the Dahms.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10238 on: May 07, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/04/thief_simulator_2_is_sneaking_onto_switch_but_not_until_2023

Thief Simulator 2 confirmed for 2023 GoTY. Not going to spoil myself on the PC version because me, the Switch, and Thief Simulator have become the hottest trio since the Dahms.

dog

Bebpo

« Reply #10239 on: May 07, 2021, 10:19:42 PM »
That Korone stuff is so weird. On one hand it's kinda funny, otoh if you ever met someone irl that acted like that they would be the most annoying/grating person you'd ever meet.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10240 on: May 08, 2021, 02:19:34 PM »
That Korone stuff is so weird. On one hand it's kinda funny, otoh if you ever met someone irl that acted like that they would be the most annoying/grating person you'd ever meet.

I dunno seems good to me

ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #10241 on: May 08, 2021, 04:18:18 PM »
She's on stream, she's entertaining, she's playing a character. :doge
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #10242 on: May 08, 2021, 04:20:43 PM »
I know, I'm just saying for me it rides a fine line between a bit funny and really grating. I can't take more than the 1 min best of clips.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #10243 on: May 08, 2021, 04:23:23 PM »
I still haven't gotten around to learning Japanese yet so honestly same. Hell I mostly catch clips of Gura et al too.
Hi

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #10244 on: May 09, 2021, 05:40:04 PM »
Ni No Kuni 1 -> decent story, wack gameplay/battles
Ni No Kuni 2 - > wack story, decent gameplay/battles

Just like TLoU 1 and 2  :ohhh

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10245 on: May 09, 2021, 09:06:46 PM »
Nah. TLOU2 had a good story and good gameplay.

thetylerrob

« Reply #10246 on: May 10, 2021, 12:38:10 AM »
Nah, the first one did though.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10247 on: May 10, 2021, 01:08:05 AM »
No.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #10248 on: May 10, 2021, 01:57:29 AM »
I will be forever mystified by people that think TLOU2 has a good story.  It’s the Highlander 2 of videogame sequels, except without even the cheese factor to enjoy.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10249 on: May 10, 2021, 03:01:01 AM »
It's more interesting than the safe and predictable first one. Pretty messey.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10250 on: May 12, 2021, 10:47:07 PM »
TLoU and the words "good story" should always be followed by the disclaimer: *for a video game...
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10251 on: May 13, 2021, 12:30:11 AM »
Eh. If I enjoy a story, I enjoy a story. That's really all that matters to me at this point. Both games have pretty enjoyable stories. 1st game I feel is a bit troopy. 2nd game is very messy and disjointed, but more interesting to me. As I usually respond better to things that feel ambitious even if they miss the mark.

This is A switch thread though. I picked up the physical version of Hyper Light Drifter. What I was most shocked about was the sound. Very few Switch games have great sound to me, but it seemed pretty great. Surround Sound and everything.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:44:47 AM by Rahxephon91 »

SmokyDave

« Reply #10252 on: May 13, 2021, 08:05:34 AM »
Katamari Damacy Reroll is on sale on the eshop. 75% off, cheapest it's ever been. Get involved.

Probably because I picked it up a couple of weeks back at full price. Fuckers.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #10253 on: May 15, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »
Picked up hori splitpad pro controller, total gamechanger with handheld mode
jon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10254 on: May 15, 2021, 05:08:25 PM »
Picked up hori splitpad pro controller, total gamechanger with handheld mode
:hesright

Best accessory for using the Switch as a handheld, no question about it. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 05:14:51 PM by bork »
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #10255 on: May 17, 2021, 10:16:32 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10256 on: May 25, 2021, 11:06:06 PM »
ど助平

bork