Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 933879 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #10020 on: March 10, 2021, 01:42:08 AM »
I mean it's not like the Switch doesn't get exclusives from Square and Atlus. So I see no reason why Persona 5 has to be on the Switch.

Worried it'll be another DQ11S situation? :teehee
Well no. Royal already exists as for as enhanced versions and eventually S made it to other systems.

At the end of the day it won’t matter, but it’s instead the fanboy in me talking. I see the constant talk that Persona 5 needs to be on Switch, but I’m sure the reverse of say Bravley Default 2, SMTV, Octopath, and so on need to come to PS4/5 would be talked down to. My point is Switch is not hurting for titles. You say Atlus sucks Sony off but the Switch has SMTV, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and also Catherine. Before that it supported the 3DS with a ride range of titles. Persona 5 is really the only worthwhile title it has not put on a Nintendo system.

If you want to play P5 buy a PlayStation just like I had to buy a Switch for its exclusives.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #10021 on: March 10, 2021, 02:10:40 AM »
It's more than Persona though. Atlus has a huge catalog of games that are stuck on the PS2, PS1, DS and 3DS. Its not really  controversial or contrarian to say Atlus has great talent with game development, but they have incredibly strange priorities with their library of games.

I'd say the same thing about Square Enix and Konami. And it's not about Switch getting Atlus exclusives, it's about easier access to Atlus games for any and all platforms.

OH!

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10022 on: March 10, 2021, 02:14:11 AM »
You guys up in here talking like Japanese third parties make sound business decisions...
 :gaben
Spud

Beezy

« Reply #10023 on: March 10, 2021, 02:28:01 AM »
I see the constant talk that Persona 5 needs to be on Switch, but I’m sure the reverse of say Bravley Default 2, SMTV, Octopath, and so on need to come to PS4/5 would be talked down to.
By who? :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10024 on: March 10, 2021, 02:29:18 AM »
Yeah I don't think the Nintendo fans saying Persona 5 needs to be on Switch are arguing for easier access for all platforms.

Persona 5 isn't stuck on anything.

I see the constant talk that Persona 5 needs to be on Switch, but I’m sure the reverse of say Bravley Default 2, SMTV, Octopath, and so on need to come to PS4/5 would be talked down to.
By who? :lol
Nintendo fans on any forum or social media?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:35:21 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Beezy

« Reply #10025 on: March 10, 2021, 02:36:54 AM »
Tasty is probably the only Nintendo exclusive fan here. Just about everyone else owns another console and/or PC.

If you follow any console fanboys on social media, that's on you. Exclusives list wars fanboys are a minority nowadays, thank god.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10026 on: March 10, 2021, 02:41:08 AM »
It’s about the ethics of third-party exclusives  :gamergate  :social
Margs

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #10027 on: March 10, 2021, 02:47:50 AM »
P5 being a PS4 exclusive sucks ballsack. give me a PC version so I can smash my life Sim sections out in 60fps 4k while I'm meant to be working. only reason I haven't finished it is because of the ordeal that is using a ps4

paprikastaude

« Reply #10028 on: March 10, 2021, 04:55:28 AM »
The gabens are the master bitch race. But at least I can comprehend their dumb graphics whoring and desire for mods and cheating. Nintenyearolds begging for downports though? :lol  :comeon If you want more games, get more consoles; most of them are cheap af anyway. Fanboys gotta grow up or shut up.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:13:19 AM by Spieler1 »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10029 on: March 10, 2021, 06:54:41 AM »
The gabens are the master bitch race. But at least I can comprehend their dumb graphics whoring and desire for mods and cheating. Nintenyearolds begging for downports though? :lol  :comeon If you want more games, get more consoles; most of them are cheap af anyway. Fanboys gotta grow up or shut up.
Can't play the PS5 on the shitter yet, can we?
Spud

Svejk

« Reply #10030 on: March 10, 2021, 07:04:47 AM »
If folks need an RPG while trying to shit, you got bigger problems to worry about, if it takes that long.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10031 on: March 10, 2021, 07:25:55 AM »
They're honestly idiots for not having P3 and P4 out there already. At this point I'm not sure what else could demonstrate the Switch being great for JRPGs and old ports.

PSP and Vita both got 'em. Again, Atlas sucks Sony chode.

Yup.  And let's not forget that when Catherine Full Body got announced for Japan, the platforms listed were PS4 and Vita, despite the Switch having already been out.  IIRC they made the P5 dancing game for Vita as well.  At least Catherine did finally get a Switch release later on.

At the end of the day it won’t matter, but it’s instead the fanboy in me talking. I see the constant talk that Persona 5 needs to be on Switch, but I’m sure the reverse of say Bravley Default 2, SMTV, Octopath, and so on need to come to PS4/5 would be talked down to. My point is Switch is not hurting for titles. You say Atlus sucks Sony off but the Switch has SMTV, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and also Catherine. Before that it supported the 3DS with a ride range of titles. Persona 5 is really the only worthwhile title it has not put on a Nintendo system.

If you want to play P5 buy a PlayStation just like I had to buy a Switch for its exclusives.

My question for Atlus is why they keep the mainline Persona games exclusive to Playstation, yet then go and release the sequel to P5, Strikers, on PC and Switch.  Wouldn't it make sense to also release PS5 on those platforms?  P4 Golden did so well on Steam that they already mentioned wanting to release more titles on it.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #10032 on: March 10, 2021, 07:57:12 AM »
Tasty is probably the only Nintendo exclusive fan here. Just about everyone else owns another console and/or PC.

Even I game on PC sometimes. :shh Just got Resi 2 Remake.

Need a new GPU before GhostWire hits though. :delicious

I’m sure the reverse of say Bravley Default 2, SMTV, Octopath, and so on need to come to PS4/5 would be talked down to.

I don't follow most games' multiplat release strategies, so it's honestly a surprise to me that those games aren't on PS4 or PC. So no that wouldn't bother me at all. :lol

Well except SMTV which isn't even out and Nintendo made a big deal about being exclusive (maybe they're helping with publishing like DQ, or marketing like MH?)

paprikastaude

« Reply #10033 on: March 10, 2021, 08:12:02 AM »

Don't they still have remote play? Could have played Persona 5 with your toilet fetish all these years already. And an used Vita is probably cheaper than your next pair of malfunctioning Switch controllers too  :ahnuld2

Svejk

« Reply #10034 on: March 10, 2021, 08:16:24 AM »
Wouldn't it make sense to also release PS5 on those platforms?  P4 Golden did so well on Steam that they already mentioned wanting to release more titles on it.
Sounds like SEGA behavior to me...
SEGA: "WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE OUR AWESOME LIBRARY OF GAMES ON ...OTHER PLATFORMS??!?"
People: "YESSSS!!"
SEGA: "WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE US BRING BACK CLASSIC FRANCHISES AND BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO THEM???!!"
People: "YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!"
SEGA: "oh...  really?...  well, we'll consider it..  maybe in a few years or so"

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #10035 on: March 10, 2021, 08:28:29 AM »
Just wait until they do this with Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD!

:money

Those I'd happily rebuy at full price, quality level design and (in WW's case at least) art styles don't age. :yeshrug

🤣
What

Tasty

« Reply #10036 on: March 10, 2021, 08:34:15 AM »
What?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10037 on: March 10, 2021, 08:50:11 AM »

:anhuld
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10038 on: March 10, 2021, 08:52:01 AM »

Don't they still have remote play? Could have played Persona 5 with your toilet fetish all these years already. And an used Vita is probably cheaper than your next pair of malfunctioning Switch controllers too  :ahnuld2

Vita doesn't work with PS5. 
:trumps

Works with phones/tablets.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10039 on: March 10, 2021, 08:53:57 AM »
Wouldn't it make sense to also release PS5 on those platforms?  P4 Golden did so well on Steam that they already mentioned wanting to release more titles on it.
Sounds like SEGA behavior to me...
SEGA: "WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE OUR AWESOME LIBRARY OF GAMES ON ...OTHER PLATFORMS??!?"
People: "YESSSS!!"
SEGA: "WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE US BRING BACK CLASSIC FRANCHISES AND BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO THEM???!!"
People: "YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!"
SEGA: "oh...  really?...  well, we'll consider it..  maybe in a few years or so"

I'd say it's different here.  With Sega, when they finally do something, it's more like "YOU WANTED CRAZY TAXI?!?!  WELL YOU GOT IT on your phone with a mobile port"

Atlus just has a hard-on for Sony platforms, which is fine, but I question things when they release titles on the Vita over the Switch.  Didn't they also release Persona 1 and both Persona 2 games on the PSP well after it was dead?  At least with that, the digital versions worked on Vita.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #10040 on: March 10, 2021, 09:47:25 AM »

I honestly wouldn't call myself a gamer (even excluding the toxic "meme" aspect), I've said before I buy like one game a year and these days I'm down to a small number of franchises and creators I'm interested in.

Two of those are Shinji Mikami and Resident Evil, who I will follow to the ends of the earth if I must. I bought a PS3 for The Evil Within and that was the only game I bought for the system. :lol

I was also about to buy MH World and Iceborne, then Rise got announced. It's safe to say I vastly prefer Nintendo, lol. I just like the console (and handheld when desired) experience better, too.

These days since I have video editing needs, I already have a decently powerful PC. Like I said though I need a real GPU before GhostWire hits. :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:52:38 AM by Tasty »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10041 on: March 10, 2021, 12:02:44 PM »

I honestly wouldn't call myself a gamer (even excluding the toxic "meme" aspect), I've said before I buy like one game a year and these days I'm down to a small number of franchises and creators I'm interested in.

Two of those are Shinji Mikami and Resident Evil, who I will follow to the ends of the earth if I must. I bought a PS3 for The Evil Within and that was the only game I bought for the system. :lol

I was also about to buy MH World and Iceborne, then Rise got announced. It's safe to say I vastly prefer Nintendo, lol. I just like the console (and handheld when desired) experience better, too.

These days since I have video editing needs, I already have a decently powerful PC. Like I said though I need a real GPU before GhostWire hits. :P

I envisioned you having nothing but a Chromebook and Android devices.  MINDBLOWN!
ど助平

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10042 on: March 10, 2021, 12:43:15 PM »
You played the PS3 version of The Evil Within  :titus  :jeanluc

Anyways, if you consider Ghostwire a Mikami-sama game (which it isn’t), then get on that TEW2 dick as well. Though I prefer the original, it’s still pretty darn good.
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #10043 on: March 10, 2021, 05:01:03 PM »
The gabens are the master bitch race. But at least I can comprehend their dumb graphics whoring and desire for mods and cheating. Nintenyearolds begging for downports though? :lol :comeon If you want more games, get more consoles; most of them are cheap af anyway. Fanboys gotta grow up or shut up.

Lol, have you tried remote play on a Vita? There's a reason it never took off.  :kobeyuck

I've been Nintendo/Sony for a couple of generations. The PS5 is about as appealing as a fart in a lunchbox right now, so I'm actually considering a PC this gen.

Switch will continue to be my main console because it is so convenient. Broken controllers and all.
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #10044 on: March 10, 2021, 10:50:24 PM »
I envisioned you having nothing but a Chromebook and Android devices.  MINDBLOWN!

You envisioned wrong, bitch :win

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10045 on: March 10, 2021, 11:15:00 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10046 on: March 11, 2021, 01:12:51 AM »
I wasn't really liking BD2 that much at first and still find the story and characters pretty boring, but yeah the job system is still fun. Red Mage seems really powerful. There's still plenty of annoyances and I think they could do more, but I think it's ok.

Bebpo

« Reply #10047 on: March 11, 2021, 01:17:26 AM »
I'm like 20-25 hours into BD1 but pretty much even there it was just the job system and the few good music tracks (great music, small ost). There didn't seem to be much story and the characters were pretty thin. Also a lot of backtracking and the way encounters worked where you just turn off encounters completely in dungeons to save MP until the boss and then max encounters to grind just felt...meh.

What I hear of BD2 seems pretty similar. I think people were overly found of BD1. It's fine, but it's also one of the least compelling jrpgs I've played. It's not bad where I shelved it completely, but there's only a few rpgs I just dropped off on and keep coming back every few years and drop back off again.

And this was before even getting to the 2nd half which everyone hates. It's just a so-so rpg with a great job system and some nice bosses, town art and music.

Svejk

« Reply #10048 on: March 11, 2021, 07:21:21 AM »
Switch will continue to be my main console because it is so convenient. Broken controllers and all.
:wut

Rman

« Reply #10049 on: March 11, 2021, 08:16:10 AM »
Bork are you getting Cotton on Switch? I know you like that type of stuff.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10050 on: March 11, 2021, 03:34:05 PM »
fat

Tasty

« Reply #10051 on: March 11, 2021, 03:36:50 PM »
Literally 8 days after paying full price for FFCC :stahp

Edit- Oh wait that game's not in this sale. :lol :confused

Tasty

« Reply #10052 on: March 11, 2021, 03:39:11 PM »
Half off the mainline FF's (7, 8, 9, X+X-2, XII Zodiac, XV Pocket) is pretty tempting tho ngl

Tuckers Law

« Reply #10053 on: March 11, 2021, 03:51:30 PM »
I thought XII Zodiac was originally $40 on switch...

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #10054 on: March 11, 2021, 03:55:02 PM »
ffxii ze portable does sound really good

pity the switch version runs at 580p portable and sub 1080 docked at 30fps. ps4 and pc versions have all the features that were exclusive to switch/xbone now also (more gambits, license reset, ng+). oh, no 60fps on ps pro/5 though :(
◕‿◕

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10055 on: March 11, 2021, 03:59:11 PM »
FFX has fantastic image quality on the Switch. Portable and docked.

XII looks kind of blurry in portable, but fine docked. It’s fine. Obviously the PS4 and One X versions look better, but it’s not a bad version or anything.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #10056 on: March 11, 2021, 04:03:13 PM »
I have the ps4 steel book already and was so glad when they finally updated it to match the switch extras (god knows I never expected square to do so), but I had been eyeballing the switch version for a long time before that and could swear it was MSRP at $40 before this sale.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10057 on: March 11, 2021, 04:06:45 PM »
Nobody gonna buy Fear Effect for $2? :fbm

(j/k it's poop haha)

also i'm gonna vouch World of FF, enjoyed it on Vita
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #10058 on: March 11, 2021, 04:45:59 PM »
How's this version of DQIII? I hear III is good and now that I'm actually maybe wtf really going to finish DQVII finally I-III is next on my DQ list and I hear III is the only one that really matters.

I think I'd rather play SDIII on the remake on PC when it's cheap. Never got far in SDIII SNES and watching vids...the combat doesn't seem to hold up and I'm ok with the jank budget 3d in the remake (I find that PS1/PS2 style appealing). Smooth framerate & image quality like DQXI is what I want so PC it is.

I have Saga Scarlet Grace on Vita, tempted to pick up the English version since I never got far in it. Feels like it's a game to be played portable. How's the Switch version?

« Reply #10059 on: March 11, 2021, 04:51:50 PM »
also i'm gonna vouch World of FF, enjoyed it on Vita

World of Final Fantasy rules. So much better than XV.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #10060 on: March 11, 2021, 05:18:28 PM »
Yeah, I played the switch version of World of FF and it's a fantastic rpg. Also cutscenes directed by Jun Akiyama of Vagrant Story/FFXII/KH1, so all the cutscenes (of which there are a ton) are very good.

It's too bad the game bombed, I'd have loved a sequel.

Beezy

« Reply #10061 on: March 11, 2021, 08:15:07 PM »
I didn't liked the lack of impact that attacks had in SD3 in comparison to Secret of Mana even when playing it on an emulator like 20 years ago. Just play the Trials remake unless you plan on playing co-op.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 12:11:26 PM by Beezy »

Bebpo

« Reply #10062 on: March 11, 2021, 08:19:10 PM »
Ended up buying most of the stuff, looking into it I was surprised the mobile versions of DQI-III? (or at least DQI/II) look better than the Switch ones. They use pixel graphics for the enemies in battle, but switch uses that ugly sharp filter one.

But I tried playing DQI on touch controls and I couldn't even walk straight around the first town. Touch controls are juuuunk (the mobile versions don't have controller support either). So since I'm too lazy to play the SFC version on some type of portable emulator I guess I'll just play DQI->DQIII on Switch w/ugly battle monsters. I don't mind the character sprites so much, but the enemies that don't even animate are sad. I saw in the SFC version of DQIII at least the enemies animate when they attack.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10063 on: March 11, 2021, 08:57:19 PM »

Already got it digital- have the English 'X68000' LE pre-ordered from Strictly Limited Games.  Maybe that will release and ship in another year.   :P

Not sure if it even counts as a remake- it's more of an arranged version of the original game (original version is also included).  If you like side-scrolling SHMUPs and the Cotton series, you'll like this, but it didn't hit me in the same way as the new versions of the Natsume titles like Wild Guns and The Ninja Warriors did.
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #10064 on: March 11, 2021, 09:21:15 PM »
Damn you all.  I really don’t need to keep buying more RPG’s, and yet here I am watching as World of FF is downloading onto my switch.

Rman

« Reply #10065 on: March 12, 2021, 07:59:01 AM »

Already got it digital- have the English 'X68000' LE pre-ordered from Strictly Limited Games.  Maybe that will release and ship in another year.   :P

Not sure if it even counts as a remake- it's more of an arranged version of the original game (original version is also included).  If you like side-scrolling SHMUPs and the Cotton series, you'll like this, but it didn't hit me in the same way as the new versions of the Natsume titles like Wild Guns and The Ninja Warriors did.

It is on the US eshop?

I did love Ninja Warriors Switch.  The original SNES game is also one of my favs on that system.  I couldn't get into Wild Guns, both SNES and Switch versions. Just not my thing. 

Tasty

« Reply #10066 on: March 12, 2021, 10:19:53 AM »
You played the PS3 version of The Evil Within  :titus  :jeanluc

Anyways, if you consider Ghostwire a Mikami-sama game (which it isn’t), then get on that TEW2 dick as well. Though I prefer the original, it’s still pretty darn good.

I own both TEW and TEW2 on Steam. :shh

I think I was like 2 chapters away from the end in TEW1, but my PS3 hasn't been hooked up in years and I honestly just want to start over on PC, then go straight to TEW2.

TEW is like 60GB though which is a lot to download where I am. :P This is the all-digital future I wanted I suppose :stahp

Will look into it harder once GhostWire has a firm release date.

And yeah, GhostWire isn't Papa Mikami directly, but it is something of his baby (even if I've publicly voiced my displeasure at the apparent re-direction the game's undergone.)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10067 on: March 12, 2021, 10:27:36 AM »

It is on the US eshop?

I did love Ninja Warriors Switch.  The original SNES game is also one of my favs on that system.  I couldn't get into Wild Guns, both SNES and Switch versions. Just not my thing.

Not yet- got it from the Japan eShop.  IS there a U.S. version even announced yet?  The SRG physicals are for Europe- Inin games usually ends up handling the American releases later on. IIRC an English version is releasing next week in Asia so that might pop up on the HK store.
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10068 on: March 12, 2021, 11:07:19 AM »
I didn't liked the lack of impact that attacks had in SD3 in comparison to Secret of Mana even 20 years when playing it on an emulator like 20 years ago. Just play the Trials remake unless you plan on playing co-op.

I'm replaying SD3 currently (via the Collection of Mana) - the original was one of my first-ever import games and back in the day I made it to the final boss in the Japanese version before my brother overwrote my save game. The combat in SOM and SD3 are pretty janky, especially nowadays. In SD3, you can't dodge magic attacks and it doesn't really feel like much of an action game like say, the Ys games. There's a lot of move priority and input buffering, it just doesn't have that flow that say, LTTP or Terranigma or most 2D ARPGs have. Also while the multi perspective thing is cool, with different events that happen depending on who you select as a party member, the overall story is pretty basic. I remember after the halfway point of the game, it just became a simple "go here, kill the boss" ad nauseum until you get to the endgame. Dungeon design is also weak in SD3, both FFA and SOM have a leg up on it. Dungeons in SD3 are little more than small rooms with multiple exits, where one of the exits is correct and the others quickly lead to dead ends in which you need to beat all the enemies to escape. Aside from the puzzle-based wind dungeon, and the occasional "select the correct elemental spirit to get past this impasse", there are also no real puzzles. Really, the main reasons to play through SD3 are for the incredible spritework (especially the bosses!) and soundtrack. It's also still better than any Mana release that came later.

I played the demo of the PS4 SD3 remake and that was pretty decent. Not quite on the level of a modern Ys but still enjoyable. I might go through that next year just to see how faithful it is to the original, while the original is still fresh in my head...
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10069 on: March 12, 2021, 08:20:15 PM »
What's the story with Nintendo and pretending Super Mario Galaxy 2 does not exist.
Is it because epilepsy, was it made by TOSE?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1369790676947374081
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #10070 on: March 12, 2021, 08:21:24 PM »
I didn't liked the lack of impact that attacks had in SD3 in comparison to Secret of Mana even 20 years when playing it on an emulator like 20 years ago. Just play the Trials remake unless you plan on playing co-op.

I'm replaying SD3 currently (via the Collection of Mana) - the original was one of my first-ever import games and back in the day I made it to the final boss in the Japanese version before my brother overwrote my save game. The combat in SOM and SD3 are pretty janky, especially nowadays. In SD3, you can't dodge magic attacks and it doesn't really feel like much of an action game like say, the Ys games. There's a lot of move priority and input buffering, it just doesn't have that flow that say, LTTP or Terranigma or most 2D ARPGs have. Also while the multi perspective thing is cool, with different events that happen depending on who you select as a party member, the overall story is pretty basic. I remember after the halfway point of the game, it just became a simple "go here, kill the boss" ad nauseum until you get to the endgame. Dungeon design is also weak in SD3, both FFA and SOM have a leg up on it. Dungeons in SD3 are little more than small rooms with multiple exits, where one of the exits is correct and the others quickly lead to dead ends in which you need to beat all the enemies to escape. Aside from the puzzle-based wind dungeon, and the occasional "select the correct elemental spirit to get past this impasse", there are also no real puzzles. Really, the main reasons to play through SD3 are for the incredible spritework (especially the bosses!) and soundtrack. It's also still better than any Mana release that came later.

I played the demo of the PS4 SD3 remake and that was pretty decent. Not quite on the level of a modern Ys but still enjoyable. I might go through that next year just to see how faithful it is to the original, while the original is still fresh in my head...

Is SD1 any good? I never played it and honestly more interested in that then the other 2 games (though Secret of Mana has some nostalgia for sure).

Tasty

« Reply #10071 on: March 12, 2021, 09:06:14 PM »

Update: Paired one of my 8bitdo SNES30 controllers to my Pixelbook, streaming from my downstairs desktop PC. :P

Perfect for playing OMORI. :D

I'm also gonna pair this controller to my new Chromecast, which also has Steam Link installed. Couch play baybee! 8)

Need a controller with joysticks to play RE2, though... Hmm...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10072 on: March 14, 2021, 11:11:57 AM »
@Rman:

They really added a lot to the visuals than I thought, so I think calling it a remake fits!
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #10073 on: March 14, 2021, 12:17:05 PM »
I've never heard of the Cotton games. I want this.

Svejk

« Reply #10074 on: March 14, 2021, 08:19:24 PM »
So is Grandia HD Collection physical only a Limited Run release?? :steel

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10075 on: March 14, 2021, 08:34:47 PM »
For now yeah. Maybe a Physical Asian release will happen, but that's it for the moment.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10076 on: March 14, 2021, 08:56:38 PM »

Yeah, and it looks like it sells for $110-$150 on eBay right now.  I wouldn't bother and just get it digital.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10077 on: March 14, 2021, 09:02:25 PM »
I've never heard of the Cotton games. I want this.

I want to say only the NeoGeo Pocket Color port of the original got and English release, so it's a little-known series.  If you want to check the older games out, get them emulated, because they sell for insane amounts of money.  There's two types of Cotton games- side-scrolling and behind the back Space Harrier style, with the side-scrolling ones being more popular.  You can find info on them here:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/cotton/

I've played and owned all of these in the past and they're all pretty solid except for Rainbow on the Dreamcast.  Thought it was too slow and kind of boring.  Panorama Cotton on the Mega Drive was much better and is a really impressive game on the system.  It got fan-translated!  Need to check that out again.

ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #10078 on: March 14, 2021, 09:03:14 PM »
For now yeah. Maybe a Physical Asian release will happen, but that's it for the moment.

Yeah, and it looks like it sells for $110-$150 on eBay right now.  I wouldn't bother and just get it digital.
Well that sucks.. :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10079 on: March 14, 2021, 09:06:23 PM »

Well that sucks.. :-\

Collectors and resellers are all over the Switch physical game market- if a limited-run title comes out and you don't get a pre-order in, chances are high you'll have to pay a lot more for a copy down the road. 

It's mainly just a Switch thing- like if you wanted to get Mutant Mudds on PS4, you can find copies for as cheap as $12.  The Switch collection goes for around $55-$80 in comparison.
ど助平