Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 942608 times)

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #9960 on: March 05, 2021, 11:25:14 AM »
I thought nintenyearolds were all about gameplay over graphics  :teehee

That appears to be a long used cover story that will be rolled out again after this announcement isn't what they want.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9961 on: March 05, 2021, 11:53:17 AM »
I loved the original Xenoblade, though my feelings on the sequels have waned in time (Torna was really good though)... I'm hoping Monolith moves on a bit from the franchise and tries something new (with a new battle system), but at the same time it's more popular than ever.
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9962 on: March 05, 2021, 12:56:01 PM »
I loved the original Xenoblade, though my feelings on the sequels have waned in time (Torna was really good though)... I'm hoping Monolith moves on a bit from the franchise and tries something new (with a new battle system), but at the same time it's more popular than ever.

They should move on.....after they port the Wii U game over! 
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #9963 on: March 05, 2021, 01:16:23 PM »
I think if you're wanting less Xenoblade when they just dumped two characters from it into Smash to help build up hype for the series you're probably going to be disappointed.
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9964 on: March 05, 2021, 01:42:10 PM »
Xenoblade 1, X and 2 are quite different in approach so I can see 3 offering enough change.

They'll probably stick with what works though, waifu's and swords  :doggy
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #9965 on: March 05, 2021, 03:36:45 PM »
I would've loved for them to take on Phantasy Star V....  But not after seeing the direction they're clearly headed with XC2; Straight to the gutter like the Valis series. 
Is nothing sacred anymore?  :-\

Beezy

« Reply #9966 on: March 07, 2021, 09:17:29 AM »
Possible price error on the physical version

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1368547198783397891

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9967 on: March 07, 2021, 10:08:19 AM »
I would've loved for them to take on Phantasy Star V....  But not after seeing the direction they're clearly headed with XC2; Straight to the gutter like the Valis series. 
Is nothing sacred anymore?  :-\
Different approach than the first game but I wouldn't say gutter. They did Torna and Future Connected too which I have yet to play. XC2 was more an animu coming of age story while XC1 was a classic hero's journey with a twist. If they tone down the gacha a bit I'm not worried about the future of XB.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9968 on: March 07, 2021, 11:04:14 AM »
Yeah XB2 ruined any interest I had in the series. Especially since it’s so successful, I expect the same shit.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #9969 on: March 07, 2021, 11:25:11 AM »
I'd wager the next Xenoblade is going to be a different and unique style that will be unexpected. The first three Xenoblade games each had their own thing and story, I wouldn't expect anything different for the next one.
OH!

Beezy

« Reply #9970 on: March 07, 2021, 11:58:21 AM »
Rahx will be back

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9971 on: March 07, 2021, 12:23:15 PM »
I expect tiddies from the next xeno :bowsette
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9972 on: March 07, 2021, 12:56:16 PM »
that and a great soundtrack :snob
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9973 on: March 07, 2021, 06:29:44 PM »
They remade the first game I ever owned for the GBA and completely butchered it   :stahp

🤴

Tasty

« Reply #9974 on: March 07, 2021, 06:43:15 PM »
They remade the first game I ever owned for the GBA and completely butchered it   :stahp

youtube.com/watch?v=qSjq8knSpPQ

Quote from: YouTube comment
We need Dragon Ball Z Legacy of Goku trilogy on Switch

:ohhh the first game I ever tried preordering :jeb

Tasty

« Reply #9975 on: March 07, 2021, 09:11:35 PM »

Quite enjoying my time with FFCC Remastered. Have yet to hop online but planning to shortly (just hit third year.)

Decided the flaming selkie boyo will be my main, glad they added him to this version. Also I swear one of the new male player character VA's is JYB.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9976 on: March 07, 2021, 10:32:05 PM »
Rahx will be back
Not if they use the same character designer I won't.  Maybe I'm just getting tired of jrpgs.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 11:10:37 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Tasty

« Reply #9977 on: March 08, 2021, 09:33:15 AM »
Rahx will be back
Not if they use the same character designer I won't.  Maybe I'm just getting tired of jrpgs.

Imagine if Xeno 3 used the Crystal Chronicles art style :gladbron

Get Toshiyuki Itahana out of the closet office he was banished to after The Crystal Bearers and on the case :lawd

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9978 on: March 08, 2021, 12:37:40 PM »
Rahx will be back

Imagine if Xeno 3 used the Crystal Chronicles art style :gladbron

Get Toshiyuki Itahana out of the closet office he was banished to after The Crystal Bearers and on the case :lawd
The art style of Chrystal Chronicles/Bearers was not all that different from the style of XB1 actually.
I'm thinking they might go a bit more medieval or maybe even present times(?)

We've had:
Xenoblade - Sci-fi future (but of a long time ago, far far away vibe though)
Xenbolade X - Distant sci-fi future
Xenoblade 2 - Victorian Steampunk future
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #9979 on: March 08, 2021, 01:15:56 PM »
:thinking Damn you're right, Xeno 1 (on Wii) and Crystal Bearers did look really similar...

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9980 on: March 08, 2021, 01:29:25 PM »
Xenoblade 3 - Anime Gacha Future
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #9981 on: March 08, 2021, 01:32:26 PM »
Think we'll get like a Xenoblade X2 in between again?

Mechs :lawd

Tasty

« Reply #9982 on: March 08, 2021, 01:33:00 PM »
Lol who am I kidding Nintendo will just port the Wii U game as always :dead

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #9983 on: March 08, 2021, 01:55:26 PM »
And I'll buy it because I'm a Nintendo whore at this point. I've bought 50+ physical Switch games over the course of 9 months. The last Nintendo console I fucked with was GameCube, so Wii or Wii-U ports are brand new games to me.

Switch will go down in history as having the strongest library of games ever next to SNES and PS2. Especially if more ports keep coming.

Basically need Killer 7, both Cube Zeldas, and some Atlus ports, and it's a wrap. Persona 3, 4, and 5 not being on Switch is stupid.
OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9984 on: March 08, 2021, 03:03:26 PM »
And I'll buy it because I'm a Nintendo whore at this point. I've bought 50+ physical Switch games over the course of 9 months. The last Nintendo console I fucked with was GameCube, so Wii or Wii-U ports are brand new games to me.

Switch will go down in history as having the strongest library of games ever next to SNES and PS2. Especially if more ports keep coming.

Basically need Killer 7, both Cube Zeldas, and some Atlus ports, and it's a wrap. Persona 3, 4, and 5 not being on Switch is stupid.

Switch is insane- I've never owned as many physical copies of games for any other platform ever as I do for this thing.  :dizzy

Really want to know why they released P5 Strikers on Switch and PC, but not P5 or Royale. 
ど助平

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #9985 on: March 08, 2021, 03:47:16 PM »
I really hope that with the Switch +, Nintendo reaches deep into their roots and re-ports all the Wii U games in chibi style.

Mario Kart Chibi Deluxe
Legend of Zelda Chibi of the Wild
Pikmin 3.5

And so forth

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:existential
[close]
:O

Tasty

« Reply #9986 on: March 08, 2021, 07:53:48 PM »
Xenoblade 2 - Victorian Steampunk future

Wait on top of the animu garbage was this really the setting for Xeno 2? :doge :dead :yikes :trash

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9987 on: March 08, 2021, 08:36:23 PM »
Not sure if that's official but It is the best description I've seen of the setting of the game

It really is a sort of industrialized world but also

[close]
maybe next time they should hire an art director :idont
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #9988 on: March 08, 2021, 08:41:21 PM »
Ehh, I wouldn't say Xenoblade anything has a victorian feel to it. Don't think Takahashi has ever had victorian themed stuff even back in Xenogears. Not his style. I guess Albedo is a bit gothy? Ehhh, kinda a stretch.

Same with Steampunk.

Xenoblade 1 is shounen fantasy w/mecha
Xenoblade 2 is like shounen fantasy w/ boobs
Xenoblade X is sci-fi or star trek w/mechs
Xenogears is sci-fi alternative history religious kill god evangelion
Xenosaga is sci-fi bible studies w/boobs & w/mecha

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9989 on: March 08, 2021, 08:44:43 PM »
Ehh, I wouldn't say Xenoblade anything has a victorian feel to it. Don't think Takahashi has ever had victorian themed stuff even back in Xenogears. Not his style. I guess Albedo is a bit gothy? Ehhh, kinda a stretch.

I can see what appears to be a subtle steampunk/victorian style to it...just with a massive dose of ANIME WAIFU AND SHONEN~ dripped all over it.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9990 on: March 08, 2021, 09:06:29 PM »

I can see what appears to be a subtle steampunk/victorian style to it...just with a massive dose of ANIME WAIFU AND SHONEN~ dripped all over it.

Just what you'd expect from the master, Takahashi-san! :rejoice
dog

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9991 on: March 08, 2021, 09:19:51 PM »
I mean I would just call the art direction of XB2 shit but that’s just me.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #9992 on: March 08, 2021, 09:23:48 PM »
yeah, it's like sexualised child waifu warhammer space marines
◕‿◕

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9993 on: March 08, 2021, 09:27:58 PM »
But it really is.

It’s a whiplash of anime whatever. Sure Morag’s country has a steampunk feel, but the rest of the world is just whatever. Typical jrpg towns with no real connecting tissue or aesthetic that defines the game. The character designs also beyond being generic have no synergy between them. Pyra looks like a sci-fi Android. Torna don’t look like anything else in the world. It’s terrible art direction.

Xenoblade one had this werid sci-fi frontier look and was big on warm colors. Mixed with a bio tech look. While of course the main characters have their unique outfits they still didn’t look removed from their world. Same with XBX which was a more military 60s scfi-fi look. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9994 on: March 08, 2021, 09:28:13 PM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #9995 on: March 08, 2021, 09:29:02 PM »
I have zero interest in what they did with XB2.   On the other hand, I really do hope they do port XBX. 

On another note, I'm kinda shocked The Last Story hasn't been ported to this hoe piece yet.

naff

« Reply #9996 on: March 08, 2021, 09:35:12 PM »
i actually thought x2 looked p cool initially, but the character design is cringe af. it's partially why i never got into xiii-2, i just hated the design and characterisation of the protagonists, specifically vanille
◕‿◕

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9997 on: March 08, 2021, 09:38:18 PM »
ど助平

« Reply #9998 on: March 08, 2021, 09:42:31 PM »
Xenoblade X really fucking sucks. I think 2 made people forget how bad X was.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9999 on: March 08, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »
I thought XBX was great personally. Didn’t grab me at first and it’s not for everyone, but man did I get into that game.

Bebpo

« Reply #10000 on: March 08, 2021, 10:05:42 PM »
Xenoblade X really fucking sucks. I think 2 made people forget how bad X was.

Yeah, I hated X when it came out
I just disliked XB2 more

At least X feels like it had potential and X2 could be good
If XB3 is going further in the XB2 direction...yeah

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10001 on: March 08, 2021, 10:13:50 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
I know I sound mad and bitter and I am. I really just hate pretty much everything about XB2. I don’t think I’ve disliked a game as much as this since MGS4. The Xeno games are some of my favorite games. XB1 was like a miracle back in the day and reminded me why I like JRPGS. Not saying its story, art, and graphics were amazing. But it felt like someone made a jrpg for me, the nerd complaining that JRPGs were becoming ...well not something I wanted to associate with. Like I’ve never been into the waifus, the shipping, moe stuff, cute girl crap that’s a part of anime fandom. I like tits before you bring up that I own Senran Kagura games, but I’m not the guy posting on gaf that the sjws have made it that video game women can’t be hot or whatever. I don’t like harem stuff. I don’t like moe. I can be an asshole about how I don’t like that stuff, but the girls were never the appeal of Japanese pop culture to me.

So XB felt like it embodied the stuff I like. Plus such a cool world to explore. I still tell people about the coolest thing where I was just exploring and realized I was climbing the finger of the mech god. Where I climb to the top and realize we are in the palm of its giant severed hand.

Then XBX comes out and it’s got a big open world you can traverse with fucking mecha. The world's scale seems even bigger and there’s a lot to see. It feels like an open-world game all about exploration. It captures the mystery and danger of an alien world, unlike any other game I can think of.

I played Gears around the same time I discovered Evangelion. Played the saga games and while never my favorites I felt like they were sure tackling subject material other JRPGs weren’t.

The Xeno games have always just been the type of anime shit I like. Also they were haven't really dabbled in this generic fantasy feel that seems to be all the rage right now.

And then XB2 comes and it feels like a giant betrayal to me. It has nothing I’ve liked about these games.

So that’s why I’m super whinny.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:20:33 PM by Rahxephon91 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10002 on: March 08, 2021, 10:24:12 PM »
What about Torna?

I'll have to get back to you on XB2- I'm still making my way through the first game. 
ど助平

naff

« Reply #10003 on: March 08, 2021, 10:30:03 PM »
my next purchase will be xeno chronicles in reverance for our wayward jrpg youth. may their horny lil souls find peace in heaven. amen

i pirated the wii version when it first came out 8)
[close]
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10004 on: March 08, 2021, 10:38:12 PM »
Everyone did. :rejoice
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #10005 on: March 08, 2021, 11:00:04 PM »
What about Torna?

I'll have to get back to you on XB2- I'm still making my way through the first game.

Torna is ok, but it's short and kinda boring.

Definitely improves on some things XB2, but it's also a lot less interesting because of how small and limited it is. I don't even remember any of the cast.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #10006 on: March 09, 2021, 01:04:45 AM »
I haven’t been able to get more than a few hours into XBX, but at least I made it far enough to hear this fantastic theme.

I’d be all for a switch port that streamlines the UI among other things.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #10007 on: March 09, 2021, 01:45:19 PM »

Switch is insane- I've never owned as many physical copies of games for any other platform ever as I do for this thing.  :dizzy

Really want to know why they released P5 Strikers on Switch and PC, but not P5 or Royale.
Royale kind of has to be coming to them eventually if they put a sequel/side thing out on them, right?
Hi

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10008 on: March 09, 2021, 01:55:31 PM »
I haven’t been able to get more than a few hours into XBX, but at least I made it far enough to hear this fantastic theme.

I’d be all for a switch port that streamlines the UI among other things.

I unironically like the New LA daytime theme. For some reason it reminds me of Oakenfold and Brittany Murphy's "Faster Kill Pussycat" and The Orb's "Blue Room". Such a strange game, it's obvious they were trying to appeal to 'americana' with some elements of its gameplay and soundtrack,and totally missed the mark - although flying around suburban sprawl mcmansions in a giant mech will never get old for me.

^_^

Svejk

« Reply #10009 on: March 09, 2021, 02:39:42 PM »
This track stuck with me... when that orchestra hits @ 1:30   :lawd ...it just screams wild alien world to me.

Sorry, these should probably be in the VGM thread.  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10010 on: March 09, 2021, 03:24:21 PM »
This game has everything in its soundtrack  :lol

Xenoblade 1: Everything in its story

Xenoblade X: Everything in its soundtrack

Xenoblade 2: Everything in its art direction

:titus
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 03:30:47 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #10011 on: March 09, 2021, 03:31:09 PM »
I liked the X soundtrack and I like Sawano, but I remember most people haaaating it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10012 on: March 09, 2021, 08:58:30 PM »

Royale kind of has to be coming to them eventually if they put a sequel/side thing out on them, right?

You'd think they would have announced a port at the same time as Strikers.  And then there's the whole thing with them saying more games on PC- where are they?  Here's hoping.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #10013 on: March 09, 2021, 09:02:17 PM »
I think the main Persona team just gobbles Sony cock and hates Nintendo.

Same with the mainline Final Fantasy team for some reason.

Both should take hints from the Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter teams and just be complete console whores.

« Reply #10014 on: March 09, 2021, 10:25:28 PM »
The music and open world in X was amazing. I wish it had a straight forward story to go along with it. There's so many characters and only 1 of them is good (Elma). And the combat system is doodoo. I really don't get the whole flinching thing when an enemy sees you. I'm sprinting past them for a reason! But then you character stops for a super slow animation and gets clocked by a spitball. Like what the hell.

Anyways, I would probably buy X2 or an enhanced port of X if they fixed things like that flinching and WHERE THE HELL DO ALL MY PARTY MEMBERS DISAPPEAR TO AFTER EVERY MISSION?!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #10015 on: March 09, 2021, 11:27:22 PM »
I mean it's not like the Switch doesn't get exclusives from Square and Atlus. So I see no reason why Persona 5 has to be on the Switch.

Beezy

« Reply #10016 on: March 09, 2021, 11:58:25 PM »
Seems like a no brainer for a 3rd party japanese gaming company to port their best selling franchise to the best selling console if there's no exclusivity deal.

Tasty

« Reply #10017 on: March 10, 2021, 12:21:24 AM »
They're honestly idiots for not having P3 and P4 out there already. At this point I'm not sure what else could demonstrate the Switch being great for JRPGs and old ports.

PSP and Vita both got 'em. Again, Atlas sucks Sony chode.

Tasty

« Reply #10018 on: March 10, 2021, 12:25:55 AM »
I mean it's not like the Switch doesn't get exclusives from Square and Atlus. So I see no reason why Persona 5 has to be on the Switch.

Worried it'll be another DQ11S situation? :teehee

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10019 on: March 10, 2021, 12:47:23 AM »
I’m sure you’ll be this passionate about games being multi-platform when SMTV stays a Switch exclusive  :nintendo
Margs