Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 940532 times)

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #9900 on: March 02, 2021, 11:13:09 PM »
I'll give you the field skills and lack of mechs (what blueballs showing mythra's awesome mech and barely using it  :doge) but leave pyra's perfectly spherical cantelopes out of this

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9901 on: March 02, 2021, 11:26:54 PM »
Xenoblade 2 is trash and you're trash.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am joking. Not about XB2 though. Game is trash.
[close]

remy

« Reply #9902 on: March 02, 2021, 11:44:27 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #9903 on: March 02, 2021, 11:56:49 PM »
Speaking of JRPGs, I just purchased FFCC Remastered... and some DLC... god help me. :snoop

Rahxephon91

remy

« Reply #9905 on: March 03, 2021, 12:24:00 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

2:18 is me when i get banned from forums for defending pyra's bust as " the only logical way to design a anime woman meant to be the anthopomorphic representation of the holy grail "
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 12:31:17 AM by remy »

« Reply #9906 on: March 03, 2021, 12:44:12 AM »
Xenoblade 2 is dogshit. They really wanted you to grind out lootboxes for weapons in a full price, single player offline game. What the fuck? I think I ended up with about 10 rare blades and pages and pages of the ugly generic ones. And I didn't even like the designs of the ones I did unlock. It really just makes the whole process of getting weapons miserable.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9907 on: March 03, 2021, 02:00:23 AM »
Also why the fuck do you not have a map or the ability to pan the camera in dungeons in BD2?

I don't know if I'm enjoying this game. Everything seems needlessly tedious and grindy.  I enjoyed the first one, so I don't know why I'm not enjoying this one.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 02:12:11 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Svejk

« Reply #9908 on: March 03, 2021, 07:21:58 AM »
How the fuck did we go from this visual poetry...

to this...

:rkelly

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9909 on: March 03, 2021, 09:35:49 AM »
XC2 seemed kinda rushed which is weird because there was no reason to push it out the door. Anyway I'm excited to see where they go with the next game.
🤴

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #9910 on: March 03, 2021, 10:01:00 AM »
Also why the fuck do you not have a map or the ability to pan the camera in dungeons in BD2?

I don't know if I'm enjoying this game. Everything seems needlessly tedious and grindy.  I enjoyed the first one, so I don't know why I'm not enjoying this one.

This is my first Bravery game, and I'd say maxing out jobs and trying to break the game with OP strategies or builds is the allure of the game.
OH!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9912 on: March 03, 2021, 10:35:53 AM »
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-normal-for-a-38-year-old-to-play-Zelda-on-Nintendo-Switch
I’ve answered so many questions like this so forgive me if I come across as a dick, but there seems to be a lot of people like yourself out there, maybe I can liberate your mind from the prison it’s in, Respectfully speaking here. Who are you to judge how someone entertains themselves? Especially if it makes them happy?

I’ve only ever ran into this problem with women, all whom have a horrible outlook on men who game, this post isn’t about just women here either, this is purely from my experiences and not all women think this way. This isn’t a post to bash women, and lots of other people think this way too, especially parents, but I’ll get to that later.

My partner watches nothing but soap operas or reality tv. I personally feel like it’s garbage tv or a waste of time, but it makes her happy and it entertains her, who am I to judge? Could you imagine for a minute that I would say to her to stop watching that stuff, and tell her that it’s a waste of time, or that she needs to grow up? Do you see how horrible of a mindset that is? Not only is it controlling but disrespectful. I’ve come across a few women in my time that tried making me feel bad about my hobby and I told them to kick rocks. It’s a giant red flag when someone takes offence to how one chooses to entertain themselves, especially if it’s not hurting nobody and most importantly, it makes them feel happy.

I’m a 42 year old man who grew up with video games. Obviously I don’t get to play as often as my 7 year old Nintendo days due to life responsibilities, but I still manage to game for about 3–5 hours a day, and Sunday being my true gaming day. It’s no different than a man coming home after a hard days work and watching tv or a sports game.

Most men my age are out of shape, drink, smoke, are never home, or have serious problems with their wives. I’m in shape, don’t drink, don’t do drugs, and am a bit of a homebody. This is me not gaming and enjoying nice weather being physically active staying lean with weight.

My current girlfriend loves it because she always knows where I am, and her last boyfriend was never around and she never knew where he was. So what did she do? Well, not only has she not trashed my hobby, but she bought a Nintendo Switch and games with me. Her and I beat Super Mario Oddessy together, and I bought her Zelda Breath of the Wild for the Switch and we beat it together, I was in my man cave and she was in her living room and we were both playing it at the same time, often comparing notes and helping eachother with secret shrines and puzzles. This is a woman who works for the RCMP and has never played an RPG in her whole life. I’m talking about hundreds of hours played together. Now we’re playing Fortnite almost every night as duos getting Victory Royale’s.

In my opinion video games are no different than watching tv or movies, and I feel like they’re even better because you get to interact personally with them. We all literally have one life to live here on this small rock flying through space, and do you really think I’m going to let one persons judgement on my video gaming as a man get in my way? Hell no.. Remember, Nintendo kids had to grow up and become adults too, and there’s no little switch that turns off because of your age.

Below is a picture of me winning 2nd place in a Street Fighter 5 Tournament, this was the Cineplex WorldGaming Canadian Championships sponsored by Cineplex Movie Theatres. I got 2nd place dude, I was 38 and guess what,? Nobody seen me coming… Well, maybe except for maybe the 1st place guy. Nobody there knew I grew up playing fighting games in arcades with quarters. These fighting games I used to play in arcades just simply transitioned to home console gaming. This tournament was meant for me. I was a statistical anomaly. Because I wasn’t playing for money I gave all of my winnings to the last place player to share it however he saw fit, the younger kids need the money, I work full time for a living. Video games, they did this. This is memory I’ll cherish forever.

The beauty of video games is there is no barriers, no age limits, no gender limits, and it brings people together. The social aspect of video games are literally insane, especially with a huge focus towards online multiplayer games. One of my best friends is someone I met playing Call of Duty back in 2007. He recently got married and I was his best man down in Atlanta,Georgia. I’m Canadian so this was quite an experience for me, video games did that.

If you think Zelda is for kids and a waste of time then that’s your opinion, but it sounds to me like a brainwashed opinion that was influenced by a negative person or people you met in society. I’ll be gaming when I’m in an old age home and die a happy man. The most important thing in my life these days is self happiness and peace of mind, I have both of them. Maybe you need to find something that makes you happy and not focus so much what makes others happy. That mentality is toxic.

There’s plenty of other things people do to fill their time that’s childish, bad for you health, or waste of time. Adults can spend a lifetime at dead end job that’s a waste of time all while becoming miserable and depressed. With your mindset, what’s next? Are you going to say that adults that watch Cartoon Disney movies are being immature? New Star Wars stuff is coming out like the Mandelorian, it’s causing adults who were raised in the 80’s with Star Wars to cry with tears of joy.

Is them watching that stuff childish or a waste of time? Like I said before, your mindset is holding you back and you need to evolve a bit.

Any Zelda game I’ve played is like reading a mythical novel, but you’re the main protagonist and it’s your story to play. Have you ever truly played a Zelda game? Besides the gameplay, the music is soothing, the quests give you a sense of accomplishment and pride, and the puzzles encourage you to use your brain. There is no movie or tv show on the planet earth that can allow me to do and feel what I’ve mentioned above. It sounds to me like you need to take a weeks holiday off of work and lose yourself in a Zelda game for awhile, maybe you’ll get it. Here’s a list of a few to try out, I could give you some retro ones, but since you’re a non believer I’ll give you some more modern ones that may change your mind.. In no particular order.

-Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker-Nintendo WiiU

-Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess -WiiU

-Zelda Breath of the Wild-Nintendo Switch

-Zelda- Links Awakening-Nintendo Switch

Remember friend…There’s worse things out in the world that people can be doing than video games. And for any kids reading this, show this post and photo below to your parents to further prove my point. ⬇️

[close]

:titus
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9913 on: March 03, 2021, 10:41:46 AM »
TL;DR Answer: No.
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9914 on: March 03, 2021, 11:18:13 AM »
lotta of blushy crushy haters in heere :info
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 01:21:21 PM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9915 on: March 03, 2021, 01:12:09 PM »
Gamers rise up :rejoice
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9916 on: March 03, 2021, 04:22:00 PM »
Xenoblade 2 is dogshit. They really wanted you to grind out lootboxes for weapons in a full price, single player offline game. What the fuck? I think I ended up with about 10 rare blades and pages and pages of the ugly generic ones. And I didn't even like the designs of the ones I did unlock. It really just makes the whole process of getting weapons miserable.

Haters gonna hate. :trumps
dog

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9917 on: March 03, 2021, 07:25:10 PM »
I mean I wish I could understand why people like XB2. People with similar taste of me like it, but I just have never been so confused by a game’s praise. Like it’s just everything I hate about JRPGs and nothing I liked about Xeno ganes.

Bebpo

« Reply #9918 on: March 03, 2021, 07:45:51 PM »
I liked the music in Churchland. The story was entertaining even if I didn't think it was particularly good. Unfortunately the grind check spots killed any sort of pacing to the story, otherwise you could at least just run through the main story and enjoy it as anime action movie.

And the ending stuff was ok. I feel like the interesting story stuff is too distant and hands off vs Xenosaga or something where that kind of stuff is a bigger deal. I feel like XBX franchise will handle those kind of story beats better if they ever get there.

The environments throughout the whole game were really pretty to explore when not dealing with field checks. I liked when you went into the cloud fish place in the sky.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #9921 on: March 03, 2021, 08:49:13 PM »
Switch Pro lets gooooo

/hopefully most Switch games are unlock fps.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9922 on: March 03, 2021, 09:09:40 PM »
skyward sword in 4k  :lawd

remy

« Reply #9923 on: March 03, 2021, 09:17:12 PM »
Makes my buy a second switch for MH rise decision a bit harder  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #9924 on: March 03, 2021, 09:21:25 PM »
Well, at least by the time G-rank in Rise comes out the Pro should be out and Rise can run 60fps and look nice.

mormapope

« Reply #9925 on: March 03, 2021, 09:43:00 PM »
Theres some talk of the Switch Pro using DLSS. Which would be a fantastic idea and keep costs low enough for this to be a $300 console potentially.

Switch lite at $149.99, Regular Switch for $199.99, New Switch for $300.

Sales would fucking explode upward if this is the case.
OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9926 on: March 03, 2021, 09:44:31 PM »
Well, at least by the time G-rank in Rise comes out the Pro should be out and Rise can run 60fps and look nice.

This is all unconfirmed rumor, but it will apparently still use the same "Mariko" chipset as the newer Switch and the Lite, so doesn't look like performance levels will increase.  Nobody knows though.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #9927 on: March 03, 2021, 10:44:55 PM »
Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Monster Hunter Rise in 4K :drool

Shit I don't even have a 4K TV tho. :lol

(Would rather have 60fps for AC and MH lol.)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #9928 on: March 03, 2021, 11:25:41 PM »
Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Monster Hunter Rise in 4K :drool

Shit I don't even have a 4K TV tho. :lol

(Would rather have 60fps for AC and MH lol.)

you always want 60 over 4k. some people just don't know what's good for them
◕‿◕

Tasty

« Reply #9929 on: March 03, 2021, 11:33:47 PM »
Why isn't there good DLSS level tech for frame interpolation? :thinking

Tasty

« Reply #9930 on: March 03, 2021, 11:36:02 PM »
Btw, BABY SIS GOT A SWITCH :jeb

She's set up with ACNH, MK8 Deluxe, and the NSO family plan. :whew

Really happy. :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:40:45 PM by Tasty »

Bebpo

« Reply #9931 on: March 03, 2021, 11:43:20 PM »

This is all unconfirmed rumor, but it will apparently still use the same "Mariko" chipset as the newer Switch and the Lite, so doesn't look like performance levels will increase.  Nobody knows though.

:holeup

Better not be true.

Switch is still only a minor increase in performance from Wii U. Please don't tell me we're going to keep rocking 2012 tech for another 5 years...

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9932 on: March 03, 2021, 11:47:00 PM »

Better not be true.

Switch is still only a minor increase in performance from Wii U. Please don't tell me we're going to keep rocking 2012 tech for another 5 years...

:miyamoto
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #9933 on: March 03, 2021, 11:49:12 PM »

Better not be true.

3DS rocking 2009-era tech from 2011 to 2017: that's cute :asuka

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #9934 on: March 03, 2021, 11:55:54 PM »
The GameCube tech lasted quite a long time too...

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #9935 on: March 04, 2021, 12:32:55 AM »
Gameboy -> Gameboy Pocket
GBA -> GBA SP
DS -> DS Lite

A minor change to improve screen quality and battery life is Nintendo 101.

Dont forget they will most likely drop a feature that isnt used too often, but is still much appreciated. Nintendo loves to do that too.

What most shocked me about this is the wake up call that the Switch has been out for 4 years and hasnt dropped in price at all.

The Gamecube saw a price drop in like 6 months!

Even the super successful Wii saw a price drop (50) less than 3 years in. And it was in pancake mode.

The GameCube tech lasted quite a long time too...

Some would say it never left

(cue pokemon screenshots)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 12:37:56 AM by james »
:O

Bebpo

« Reply #9936 on: March 04, 2021, 03:18:00 AM »
Actually why would devs be getting new dev kits if the performance is the same and it's just outputting/upscaling 4k? That's more a system wide thing.

I dunno how this all works but I'd think if dev kits are going out to everyone then the specs are pretty different. Plus if kits are just going out now it sounds like an xmas thing, so pretty far out still.

« Reply #9937 on: March 04, 2021, 05:36:05 AM »
A statement:

I will be purchasing a Switch Pro. Thank you for your continued support.

Svejk

« Reply #9938 on: March 04, 2021, 07:45:29 AM »
Of course they announce this a few days after I waited 4 years to finally buy one.  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #9939 on: March 04, 2021, 10:19:55 AM »
Of course they announce this a few days after I waited 4 years to finally buy one.  :doge

Shoulda bought one three years ago like everyone else breh. :trumps

Svejk

« Reply #9940 on: March 04, 2021, 10:25:16 AM »

Shoulda bought one three years ago like everyone else breh. :trumps
  :trumps

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9941 on: March 04, 2021, 11:54:45 AM »
If I cared about 4k resolution I sure as hell wouldn't be playing on a Nintendo console.
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9942 on: March 04, 2021, 12:26:58 PM »
things like 4k only matter when nintendo does it. otherwise I don't care either  :yeshrug

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9943 on: March 04, 2021, 02:07:17 PM »
720p > 4k upscaling is what Nvidia promotes for their Nvidia Shield Pro (Tegra X1+) which has a 25% uplift in performance.
Probably wat to expect from the next Switch revision. Nintendo might also finally add some stuff like Dolby Standards and Netflix and such.

Switch + Switch Lite
720p/unlocked(~60fps) - 1080p/unlocked (~30fps)

Super Switch
720p/60fps - 1080p/unlocked (~60fps) - 4k DLSS/unlocked (~30fps)

:miyamoto

I don't see Nintendo jumping on a big leap in specs beyond Nvidia's own shield upgrade path.
A Super Switch would probably give them 3 more years until Switch 2 and late gen Xbox One / PS4 ports.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #9944 on: March 04, 2021, 02:14:51 PM »
God please 1080p performance mode please GOD

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9945 on: March 04, 2021, 02:20:41 PM »

I hope I'm completely wrong, but I don't see any kind of big performance leaps happening here.  Maybe some games staying at 30 FPS as opposed to dropping, but not stuff running at double the framerate over the original models.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9946 on: March 04, 2021, 02:35:33 PM »
Some new games/physical releases got announced today:

-The Silver Case 2425 for Switch coming west on July 6
-Mary Skelter Finale coming west this fall
-Retro-inspired first-person shooter Exophobia releases October 5
-Pocky & Rocky Reshrined out this fall
-Ever Forward launches June 29
-Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny launches June 29 in the west
-Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 launches in 2022
-Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi coming west this fall
-Death end re;Quest for Switch launches April 27 in the west- physical pre-orders up at Limited Run Games
-Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani launches this fall in the west
-Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 1 announced- includes Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad
-Blaster Master Zero III announced
-No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle Switch limited print physical edition pre-orders open March 12 at Limited Run Games

ど助平

« Reply #9947 on: March 04, 2021, 02:39:51 PM »
Please Nintendo, I dare you to fragment your audience. Sure the hardcore gamers will buy your upgrade, but parents aren't doing that shit. If this is just a boost for existing and upcoming games that's great, but don't try to pull a New 3DS here.
野球

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #9948 on: March 04, 2021, 02:44:43 PM »
Please Nintendo, I dare you to fragment your audience. Sure the hardcore gamers will buy your upgrade, but parents aren't doing that shit. If this is just a boost for existing and upcoming games that's great, but don't try to pull a New 3DS here.

I thunk its a DS lite situation

Worst case it will be like the DSi which had all of 5 exclusive games
:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9949 on: March 04, 2021, 02:48:12 PM »
nintendo should separate their development teams into 3 groups for switch lite, switch, and the super

3 pillars   :miyamoto

Bebpo

« Reply #9950 on: March 04, 2021, 03:00:41 PM »

Yeah, I don't have a 4k tv and given Nintendo tech I'm not sure I want them to target 4k.

But give me games actually running at 1080p @ locked 30fps or better yet 60fps please. Still a lot of sub 1080p and sub 30fps stuff on Switch which is pretty pathetic.

mormapope

« Reply #9951 on: March 04, 2021, 04:00:54 PM »
Some new games/physical releases got announced today:

-The Silver Case 2425 for Switch coming west on July 6
-Mary Skelter Finale coming west this fall
-Retro-inspired first-person shooter Exophobia releases October 5
-Pocky & Rocky Reshrined out this fall
-Ever Forward launches June 29
-Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny launches June 29 in the west
-Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 launches in 2022
-Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi coming west this fall
-Death end re;Quest for Switch launches April 27 in the west- physical pre-orders up at Limited Run Games
-Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani launches this fall in the west
-Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 1 announced- includes Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad
-Blaster Master Zero III announced
-No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle Switch limited print physical edition pre-orders open March 12 at Limited Run Games

Thank fuck for The Silver Case, was really hyped hearing about that and reading up on that duo of games.

Started playing Gnosia on Switch. I've wanted to get into more visual novel/Adventure games and Gnosia scratches that itch. Really fun writing and characters, incredible visual design and music. It's very much Among Us but an actual, thought out single player game instead of a drug for Lil kids.

OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9952 on: March 04, 2021, 04:02:39 PM »

This looks cool- RPG with rhythm-based combat.
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9953 on: March 04, 2021, 04:11:34 PM »
Is Soul Nomad worth checking out?  Tactics+Ogre Bagel gameplay kind of sounds like my jam...

mormapope

« Reply #9954 on: March 04, 2021, 04:16:35 PM »
It looks like on the NIS America site the limited edition set for NIS Classics 1 is $99.99, and there isn't super limited stock. For The Silver Case, it looks like there's a stock tracker.

Pre ordered The Silver Case limited edition, box set looks pretty baller.
OH!

Bebpo

« Reply #9955 on: March 04, 2021, 07:11:35 PM »
Is Soul Nomad worth checking out?  Tactics+Ogre Bagel gameplay kind of sounds like my jam...

It's one of N1's best/most interesting games. It was really ambitious but it doesn't pull it off completely. It's no Tactics Ogre/FFT.

Also probably their most mature/dark.

From the heyday of N1 srpgs I'd rank them: Makai Kingdom > Soul Nomad -> Disgaea series -> Phantom Brave, though having played Disgaea 5 recently it's probably better than Soul Nomad. Makai Kingdom had Zetta Book & Tanks and still da best.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9956 on: March 04, 2021, 07:22:45 PM »
It's been over two years since Torna The Golden Country, so Monolith Soft is probably getting close to announcing the next game they're working on.
dog

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9957 on: March 05, 2021, 04:32:37 AM »
Looking forward to seeing how game freak HARNESS THE POWER of the switch pro :teehee

early gen 360 quality graphics now? :thinking
[close]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 04:49:07 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

paprikastaude

« Reply #9958 on: March 05, 2021, 05:33:17 AM »
Caring about graphics when the vast majority of new Switch announcements is still old ass games anyway. :juicy Or unsalveagable Game Freak junk.

How about, focus on revised controllers that aren't broken. I thought nintenyearolds were all about gameplay over graphics  :teehee

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9959 on: March 05, 2021, 06:53:03 AM »
It's been over two years since Torna The Golden Country, so Monolith Soft is probably getting close to announcing the next game they're working on.
They specifically mentioned in dev interviews that they had set-up their teams in a way that development of Torna and XBDE did not interfere with their next project.
They started XC2 in the latter half of 2014, announced it January 2017 and finished it by December 2017.
Add in some COVID difficulties and we're probably looking at 2022.
🤴