Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 940530 times)

Tasty

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #3480 on: June 28, 2018, 07:34:25 AM »
I actually prefer the Joy-Con's "d-pad" to the Pro Controllers. Holy hell is that bad. Been meaning to make a thread on it.

agrajag

« Reply #3481 on: June 28, 2018, 02:20:12 PM »
god damn the joycons suck for platforming. No d-pad and the thumb stick is so imprecise.  ::)

Just started to play Hollow Knight and I'm actually fine with the "button d-pad".

Still sucks that a company that had one of the best d-pads ever (snes) has such a low focus on d-pads on their main controllers since the N64.

I can't play with that d-pad at all. Maybe I just suck, but it's so hard using it, I feel like I have to lift my thumb to press the d pad to go in a different direction, instead of sliding my thumb like I would with a normal d-pad. So I've been playing HK with the thumbstick and the sections where you have to bounce off mushrooms are killing me. You have to push down and slash to bounce off them, and sometimes I push down and I'm actually pushing the thumb stick slightly to the side so it doesn't register and I end up dying.  :maf

I actually prefer the Joy-Con's "d-pad" to the Pro Controllers. Holy hell is that bad. Been meaning to make a thread on it.

What's wrong with it? From images, it looks like a normal NES-style d-pad.

kingv

« Reply #3482 on: June 28, 2018, 02:33:11 PM »
The first version had some kind of problem with registering the wrong inputs. I bought one somewhat recently and haven’t noticed any problems, I read there was a running change that started with the Xenoblade  pro controllers

Tasty

« Reply #3483 on: June 28, 2018, 05:36:33 PM »
What's wrong with it? From images, it looks like a normal NES-style d-pad.

It certainly does look like a normal Nintendo d-pad! However, its diagonal inputs are appalling and incredibly unusable for a first-party controller. I didn't want to mention it before I beat the game, but it actually forced me to switch to the Joy-Con midway through my Mutant Mudds Super Collection breakthrough. Precision 2D platformers just cannot be played with the original "batch" or whatever.

I was a sucker though and bought four Pro Controllers before Nintendo started fixing them. :nintendo

Tasty

« Reply #3484 on: June 28, 2018, 05:38:30 PM »
https://kotaku.com/switch-is-a-port-machine-and-i-love-it-1827209732

Apparently Limbo, Inside, Crash Trilogy, and Wolfenstein II are all hitting today/tomorrow.

This has been a good month for Switch. :)

I'm like, thiiiiiiis close to finally getting South Park and Doom.

agrajag

« Reply #3485 on: June 28, 2018, 06:45:35 PM »
backlog is growing

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3486 on: June 29, 2018, 12:11:26 AM »
https://kotaku.com/switch-is-a-port-machine-and-i-love-it-1827209732

Apparently Limbo, Inside, Crash Trilogy, and Wolfenstein II are all hitting today/tomorrow.

This has been a good month for Switch. :)

I'm like, thiiiiiiis close to finally getting South Park and Doom.

There's also Anime: Gate of Memories and it's expansion out tomorrow.
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3487 on: June 29, 2018, 01:22:44 AM »
After hating for a long time Im playing tons of Fortnite now, what a difference it makes to have normal voice chat.

Your move Nintendo.

Fifstar

« Reply #3488 on: June 29, 2018, 06:06:37 AM »

I can't play with that d-pad at all. Maybe I just suck, but it's so hard using it, I feel like I have to lift my thumb to press the d pad to go in a different direction, instead of sliding my thumb like I would with a normal d-pad. So I've been playing HK with the thumbstick and the sections where you have to bounce off mushrooms are killing me. You have to push down and slash to bounce off them, and sometimes I push down and I'm actually pushing the thumb stick slightly to the side so it doesn't register and I end up dying.  :maf

Well, I'm not that far into the game, just beat Hornet and had some problems there with the downward slash. Maybe i will have bigger problems in the more taxing platforming sections. Still so far i have been positivly surprised with the joycon d-pad (hadn't used it before).

I beat Celeste with the joycons and often had problems with the diagonal dash. I feel the joycon d-pad wouldn't have worked there either but if a game mainly uses the main directions I feel it's okay.

Shame about the pro controller though, has the problem really been fixed? The opinions on era differ on that matter..
Gulp

Tasty

« Reply #3489 on: June 29, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
Like everything with Nintendo: no one knows for sure.

:miyamoto

agrajag

« Reply #3490 on: June 29, 2018, 01:00:58 PM »
the joycon d-pad is placed too low, it's not comfortable for me even if I liked kt  :-\

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3491 on: June 30, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »
I decided to give Tropical Freeze another try and have had a better time with it.  I'm clearing the special levels on world 6 currently.  I decided to just play though all the levels (including the K levels) and not bother with collecting everything and be done with it.  I still consider it a B/B+ level platformer though.

I've been buying a few Switch games recently: Mario Tennis, Splatoon 2, Crash trilogy, and Ys.  Nowhere near enough time to go to through all these games.  I've heard mixed things about Mario Tennis but I'll probably try that game next.
🍆🍆

agrajag

« Reply #3492 on: July 01, 2018, 01:17:41 AM »
I decided to give Tropical Freeze another try and have had a better time with it.  I'm clearing the special levels on world 6 currently.  I decided to just play though all the levels (including the K levels) and not bother with collecting everything and be done with it.  I still consider it a B/B+ level platformer though.

I've been buying a few Switch games recently: Mario Tennis, Splatoon 2, Crash trilogy, and Ys.  Nowhere near enough time to go to through all these games.  I've heard mixed things about Mario Tennis but I'll probably try that game next.

yeah, I didn't bother with the puzzle pieces at all. If I find some, cool, if not, whatever. Getting all the Kong letters and beating all the hidden levels unlocks an extra world that's really challenging.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3493 on: July 01, 2018, 07:54:17 AM »
I've heard mixed things about Mario Tennis but I'll probably try that game next.

There's issues with the online play and some bad character balance problems currently.  The latter I guess you can avoid if you do matches without any trick or gimmick shots, but I dunno how many people are playing that way.

I was looking forward to this game, then went online and just had some awful, lag-filled matches and shelved it.   :-\
ど助平

Corporal

« Reply #3494 on: July 01, 2018, 08:07:09 AM »
Eh, Tennis is kinda meh.
Adventure mode is a pretty huge disappontment for me since there's basically no RPG elements involved besides leveling up, which grants you ever so slightly better mostly meaningless stats, Besides that, all the remaining customisation is getting more rackets which just increases your survivability against the super power smash whatever shots that ding your racket if you fuck up the timing.
Can't even choose your own character, it's Mario, you're Mario and you're gonna like it. Wildly fluctuating difficulty, but overall too easy. Crazy that endbosses are usually more on the easy side of things and usually lowly gimmick fights, and then you crash and burn against a random Koopa or whatever.

It's kinda completely forgettable since the "adventure" is just going where you're told and maybe once in a while optionally doing some challenges for better rackets. Could've done this with a simple menu, without the overwold map.

And some of the challenges really get long in the tooth. Example: Return 300 balls (after 10, you get a bonus, so it's actually less, but still, that's fucking dire).

Plus, sloooow vapid conversation "cutscenes" before and after every level, regardless of whether you have succeeded or failed. At least you can skip them after the first time by pressing +. Still super annoying since they add stress and punishment to failure and nothing at all to success.

Biggest gripe for me is the lack in control customisability. I'd love to be able to tweak the bumper and X button actions.  :-\

Online for me is all about getting owned miserably. There's kinda precious little to do. It works, sometimes, often, well randomly unless it lags you out because Switch Wifi is terribad - but after a while I kinda get tired of it either way. Especially since there's still a serious balance issue between the various characters. Or maybe I just suck. All I know is that I loathe playing against the ChainChomp. There's a bunch of characters that feel kinda overpowered, others conversely underpowered.

Also not sure about the super generous rescue lunge that lets you happily flip across the entire court at the (double)press of a  button or tilt of a stick. Makes positioning kiiiiiinda pointless. Well not really... but it really drags out matches IMHO.
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3495 on: July 01, 2018, 08:11:06 AM »
There are some overpowered, possibly broken characters.  I know Waluigi is one of them.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3496 on: July 01, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »
There are some overpowered, possibly broken characters.  I know Waluigi is one of them.

The GOAT

:preach

He's always been overpowered tho, lanky as fuck with tenacious net defense. If Smash Bros wanted to be taken seriously as a real Nintendo franchise they'd include him, but it's obvious from his exclusion that it will forever remain a shit c tier franchise that only the most nin-thingy among us espouse.

yar

Tasty

« Reply #3497 on: July 01, 2018, 11:16:59 AM »

The GOAT

:preach

He's always been overpowered tho, lanky as fuck with tenacious net defense. If Smash Bros wanted to be taken seriously as a real Nintendo franchise they'd include him, but it's obvious from his exclusion that it will forever remain a shit c tier franchise that only the most nin-thingy among us espouse.

(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/sakurai-will-be-aware-of-groundswell-of-support-for-waluigi-in-smash-bros-ultimate-reggie-fils-aime-say

:nintendo You were saying?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3498 on: July 01, 2018, 11:22:16 AM »
Oh good, he's going to "know"

:iface
yar

Tasty

« Reply #3499 on: July 01, 2018, 11:50:48 AM »
Like you'd buy it even if he was playable. :miyamoto

You're the Nintendo version of Assimilate, breh.

kingv

« Reply #3500 on: July 01, 2018, 12:05:56 PM »
I started playing The Sexy Brutale on Switch.

If anyone is curious it seems like the patches have basically fixed the performance... (ornit was never that bad to begin with).

You can tell it’s kind of a mess technically, but I’ve played over half of it and never found it gamebreaking or particularly bothersome on handheld, anyway.

The only part that really is bewildering is the loading screens. It basically loads one complete “mission” at a time, so they only happen when you are traversing the mansion to go from one place to another, but they are in weird spots and the game doesn’t seem to preload any assets until you actually try to open a door that leads into an “unloaded” area.

Edit: there are a coupled rooms near the end where the frame rate is pretty bad... but it’s not unplayable. Not exactly a twitch game.... and it’s still probably better than blight town.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:44:01 PM by kingv »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3501 on: July 01, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
Like you'd buy it even if he was playable. :miyamoto

You're the Nintendo version of Assimilate, breh.

I mean,

1) clearly not cause I have taste
2) not an apt comparison as I actually have owned and currently own plenty of Nintendo games and hardware, so I'm speaking from a place of actual direct experience on what I'm critiquing. You're just rustled cause we have diametrically opposing tastes in Nintendo (me: is there good gameplay, you: OMG IS IT KAWAII???)
yar

Tasty

« Reply #3502 on: July 01, 2018, 01:01:03 PM »
You're just rustled cause we have diametrically opposing tastes in Nintendo (me: is there good gameplay, you: OMG IS IT KAWAII???)

This coming from a Fire Emblem stan? :confused

Your preferred series has Nowi, bitch. Stay in your lane.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3503 on: July 01, 2018, 01:11:33 PM »
Honey, I know you live in the constant world of now but there have been lots of Fire Emblem games before the waifu epidemic and I've played almost all of em. The core gameplay (there's that word again!) has remained the same and that means something, which again, not surprised that you're fixating on presentation above all else...
yar

Corporal

« Reply #3504 on: July 01, 2018, 01:35:01 PM »
Having just installed Grandia 2 off gog to my PC, I kinda wish we'd get a Grandia complete DX HD for switch. It's just not the same on PC, even with a controller.

Yeah, that one can go fuck itself as well.  :yuck

I do have to wonder how the online mode got released that way. Shit's obvious even with the slightest bit of QA.  :-\
!list

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3505 on: July 02, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »
the longest wait. give me octopath traveler please. fuck
fat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3506 on: July 02, 2018, 07:51:34 PM »
Just got 100% on Tropical Freeze.  World 7 sucked but wasn’t as bad as Bopopolis in my opinion.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3507 on: July 02, 2018, 10:18:32 PM »
I decided to play the Crash trilogy and man, going from Tropical Freeze straight to Crash Bandicoot is like going from a nice ribeye to a reheated McDonald's cheeseburger.  It blew me away just how clunky the games played.  Going to have to put that one back and come to it at a later time.
🍆🍆

Corporal

« Reply #3508 on: July 02, 2018, 10:38:19 PM »
Crash never really appealed to me. Granted, I only ever played some demo levels from one of the Crash games on a magazine demo disk (remember those? Siiiiigh). No interest in ever revisiting that game. I'm subconsciously repulsed by the mascot nature of it, I think.

Oh well.

More Paladins. That "new" event is eroding my nerves. First, you get randomly assigned a character, look at a loading screen, then you watch an unskippable cutscene. Then you climb a tower for ten minutes (or so it feels like), then there's a 30-stock limited TDM, and then there's another cutscene. Plus a loading screen, as usual. It's kinda like pulling teeth, plus a TDM session that's over way too quickly because people have no clue how to play their characters and get slaughtered by the supernerds and luckers that do.

It would be half as aggravating if you could skip the cutscenes. Half, once more, if the platforming up the tower wasn't kinda assy. Especially if there are a bunch of bulky characters on both teams - they obstruct your vision and generally annoy you (no collision checks between characters so you phase through them and it's kinda unnerving).

And you're expected to play that thing a whole bunch of times to gather shards to unlock chests. Completely voluntary, of course, but still annoying. I'll do it because I'm a little bitch, but allow me to complain all the while.  :P
!list

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3509 on: July 03, 2018, 12:59:17 AM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #3510 on: July 03, 2018, 06:15:29 AM »
I decided to play the Crash trilogy and man, going from Tropical Freeze straight to Crash Bandicoot is like going from a nice ribeye to a reheated McDonald's cheeseburger.  It blew me away just how clunky the games played.  Going to have to put that one back and come to it at a later time.

In case you might not already know, only the third game was designed for analogue sticks. Much of the level design is quite improved and way easier to handle in the first two by using a D-Pad (though maybe not with those hybrid button things on the Switch sticks :doge )
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 06:22:01 AM by Spieler1 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3511 on: July 03, 2018, 02:09:12 PM »

Is this peak GAMEXPLAIN?

Explaining how to play fucking Mario Kart 8 with a cardboard handlebar?

:stahp
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #3512 on: July 03, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »
Fuck GameXplain.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3513 on: July 03, 2018, 04:01:09 PM »
©ZH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3514 on: July 05, 2018, 10:12:45 PM »
ど助平

Fifstar

« Reply #3515 on: July 07, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »
Anybody else looking forward to Pool Panic?

+ Pool is relaxing

+ playing on switch is relaxing

+ funny artstyle

+ gameplay seems mixed up with goof stuff so it's not gonna be the same ever time like in classic pool vidya games

+ will be great for pick up and play with 100 levels
Gulp

agrajag

« Reply #3516 on: July 07, 2018, 08:35:56 PM »
yeah that looks cool

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3517 on: July 07, 2018, 08:49:30 PM »
Playing Ys 8 right now while I wait for Octopath. Constantly scaling resolution [on handheld mode at least] is uggo, but it otherwise runs okay.
dog

Svejk

« Reply #3518 on: July 07, 2018, 09:54:25 PM »
Mothafuckin' Warframe is coming to switch!  :whoo :anhuld
Not sure how it's gonna handle such a robust game,  but still pretty cool.  I've been balls deep in Warframe the past few weeks, so this news almost makes me want a switch.  Lol
spoiler (click to show/hide)
...almost
[close]

kingv

« Reply #3519 on: July 08, 2018, 03:45:32 PM »
I think it’s just that switch can basically run almost anything as long as you make the grafx ugly enough.

agrajag

« Reply #3520 on: July 08, 2018, 05:18:31 PM »
Mothafuckin' Warframe is coming to switch!  :whoo :anhuld
Not sure how it's gonna handle such a robust game,  but still pretty cool.  I've been balls deep in Warframe the past few weeks, so this news almost makes me want a switch.  Lol
...almost
[close]

but Jansen said it's a garbo game

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3521 on: July 08, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »
Playing Wolfie 2 on Switch to review after having played it on PC.

I must say I'm quite surprised how well it is holding up docked. It gets very blurry at times but frame rate remains solid as does the game play.
Although Stealth becomes very challenging at this resolution so It's mostly guns blazing which kinda fits this game better I guess.

Only worth it on Switch if you have no other way to play it though.

I think it’s just that switch can basically run almost anything as long as you make the grafx ugly enough.
Wolfie 2 runs at 360p at times. It looks better on a smaller handheld screen.

They kept in pretty much all of the fancy effects like Motion blur and the geometry though.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3522 on: July 08, 2018, 06:23:35 PM »

Unlimited whimsy tho, The Nintendo Difference™
yar

Corporal

« Reply #3523 on: July 08, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »
Don't forget the fun-shaders. Those are mostly Nintendo exclusive as well.
!list

kingv

« Reply #3524 on: July 08, 2018, 10:00:13 PM »

I must say I'm quite surprised how well it is holding up docked. It gets very blurry at times but frame rate remains solid as does the game play.
Although Stealth becomes very challenging at this resolution so It's mostly guns blazing which kinda fits this game better I guess.

They kept in pretty much all of the fancy effects like Motion blur and the geometry though.

For a portable, that’s actually damn impressive.

360p must look pretty bad though, but maybe not terrible on a 6” screen.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3525 on: July 09, 2018, 12:35:41 AM »
Warframe is coming

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3526 on: July 09, 2018, 03:58:10 PM »

For a portable, that’s actually damn impressive.

360p must look pretty bad though, but maybe not terrible on a 6” screen.
It is hands down the best looking portable FPS ever. Like some black magic that they used.
Although smaller spaces tend to look more higher res than large areas. The New Orleans bit is probably the blurriest of all levels.
Inside bunkers and buildings it holds up quite well.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3527 on: July 09, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »

It is hands down the best looking portable FPS ever. Like some black magic that they used.

:snob
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3528 on: July 09, 2018, 10:20:01 PM »
I hate Crash Bandicoot so much
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3529 on: July 10, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »
I hate Crash Bandicoot so much

That bad?  Like in terms of mechanics, level design, or both?  I've never played those games before.  Did not care to back in the day, but I did get this collection because of an Amazon pre-order price fuck-off.  Figured I'd try it for $20.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3530 on: July 10, 2018, 09:35:55 AM »
3d platformers with no camera control don't hold up for me, but i really liked those games at the time. now? :nope

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3531 on: July 10, 2018, 09:46:18 AM »
More like Trash Bandicoot.
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3532 on: July 10, 2018, 10:48:30 AM »
Crash Bandicoot rules. But the remake has control problems and it was pointed out by many during the initial release. I dont know if this is exacerbated by the terrible Switch version

If you find yourself "slipping" off the edge during jumps and getting frustrated -- so were we
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #3533 on: July 10, 2018, 04:00:37 PM »
Crash Bandicoot rules. But the remake has control problems and it was pointed out by many during the initial release. I dont know if this is exacerbated by the terrible Switch version

If you find yourself "slipping" off the edge during jumps and getting frustrated -- so were we

They changed the physics in the first game to be like the third, but I can't say that it really gave me problems. When I watched some videos from people pointing out the controls, it's often been clear that they've simply had poor timing :doge The most horrid experience I found was the second bridge level. Other than that, I loved Crash 1 last year. It was like playing one of these somewhat rough NES platformers except with amazing graphics. From back the in day I only knew Crash 3 and that's honestly the only one I didn't care for that much - gimmick-ridden to the max, the motorbike stages were always the worst.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 04:06:38 PM by Spieler1 »

kingv

« Reply #3534 on: July 10, 2018, 04:32:08 PM »
I wonder if part of the timing issue is the latency inherent in modern systems and TVs that wasn’t there I’m the original.

I’ve noticed that a lot of old emulated games feel off to me, and I’m assuming that’s why. The latency wasn’t there in the original, and it feels weird if you aren’t used to it.

I’ve never played a Crash game nor the remakes though other than the level in Uncharted 4, which made it seem a lot like a poor mans Nintendo game.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3535 on: July 10, 2018, 05:41:53 PM »
The most horrid experience I found was the second bridge level.
In the original, you can cheese them by walking on the ropes.

The remakes gave Crash a pill shaped collision volume, with a rounded top and bottom, making that and other tricky sections more difficult. No more safely landing jumps with only your toes touching the platform.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3536 on: July 10, 2018, 06:31:26 PM »
I wonder if part of the timing issue is the latency inherent in modern systems and TVs that wasn’t there I’m the original.

I’ve noticed that a lot of old emulated games feel off to me, and I’m assuming that’s why. The latency wasn’t there in the original, and it feels weird if you aren’t used to it.

I’ve never played a Crash game nor the remakes though other than the level in Uncharted 4, which made it seem a lot like a poor mans Nintendo game.
Yep, you also have people playing on shitty TV's with 40ms or even 50ms of input lag. With TruMotion, SuperMotion, ClearMotion or whatever motion gimmick from LG/Samsung/Sony enabled wondering why they can't ever win.
You should aim for a TV with no more than 21ms input lag with 16ms being the absolute best available in the market.

Although that doesn't beat a CRT with an average of 8ms input lag and that's how we all played the original Crash and the likes.
🤴

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #3537 on: July 10, 2018, 07:34:31 PM »
The most horrid experience I found was the second bridge level.
In the original, you can cheese them by walking on the ropes.

The remakes gave Crash a pill shaped collision volume, with a rounded top and bottom, making that and other tricky sections more difficult. No more safely landing jumps with only your toes touching the platform.

JFC why the fuck would you ever change cylinder to capsule collision? They had to have known.

Corporal

« Reply #3538 on: July 10, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »
That sounds like a pretty big edit to the core gameplay. Is there a classic mode or something?

Still futzing around in Paladins. Man, the Joycons really suck for certain games. I am utterly inept at the game unless I use the Pro controller.
With the Pro I'm just inept.  :P
[close]
!list

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #3539 on: July 10, 2018, 09:54:52 PM »
Amazon has shipped my copy of Captain Toad which is earlier than what they usually do, so maybe I might get it before Friday. I played CT on the WiiU and really enjoyed it but I gamefly'd it, so when they announced the switch version I decided I'm going buy it this time.

To me that's a real sign of quality, playing/reading/consuming something for free but enjoying it so much you decide to pay for it.
Boo