Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 940763 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #9180 on: September 24, 2020, 04:59:22 PM »
I didn't even know there was a Kirby Fighters 1.

It was a mini-game in one of the other Kirby titles.  Not the kind of thing I'd expect them to turn into its own standalone game and sell for $20.  Looks repetitive as hell, but it does at least look more different from Smash than I thought.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9181 on: September 26, 2020, 12:40:39 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9182 on: September 26, 2020, 03:54:35 PM »
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9183 on: September 27, 2020, 08:04:06 AM »
Nintendo turned grandma impa into a waifu you hate to see it  :bowsette
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9184 on: September 27, 2020, 12:04:18 PM »
Nintendo turned grandma impa into a waifu you hate to see it  :bowsette

Do I, tho?
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9185 on: September 27, 2020, 12:50:04 PM »
Hyrule Warriors AoC gameplay from  1:23:50 to 1:37:32:

ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #9186 on: September 28, 2020, 12:13:31 PM »
yo this looks dope
püp

« Reply #9187 on: October 01, 2020, 05:25:05 PM »
Bought the kid a Switch with Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword for Christmas, figured we should do it now before they become harder to find after parents realize they won't be able to find a PS5 or Xbox. Last time I bought a Nintendo console was a Gamecube near the end of it's lifespan.
野球

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9188 on: October 03, 2020, 01:14:20 AM »
Just wanted to vouch for Hades. I played the game a bit here and there at first and it was ok but had some time today to really focus on it and really liked it. Barely touched 3D All Stars because I’m playing Hades instead.
🍆🍆

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9189 on: October 03, 2020, 06:22:03 AM »
Bought the kid a Switch with Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword for Christmas, figured we should do it now before they become harder to find after parents realize they won't be able to find a PS5 or Xbox. Last time I bought a Nintendo console was a Gamecube near the end of it's lifespan.

🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9190 on: October 03, 2020, 08:55:48 AM »
Just wanted to vouch for Hades. I played the game a bit here and there at first and it was ok but had some time today to really focus on it and really liked it. Barely touched 3D All Stars because I’m playing Hades instead.
It’s legit a good game, but after get an 8 skull clear and getting a dumb statue I was spent

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #9191 on: October 03, 2020, 10:25:22 AM »
The Super Mario Bros battle royale game was released and it's very addictive. It's basically a 35 person free for all thru different Mario 1 stages, enemies you kill get placed in whoever you decide to attack.

It's a lot like Tetris 99.
OH!

Himu

« Reply #9192 on: October 03, 2020, 11:31:55 AM »
Hades gets okay.

Looking forward to Shiren in December. I really prefer turn based battles when it comes to roguelikes.
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9193 on: October 03, 2020, 01:35:54 PM »
I’m looking forward to Shiren as well. Ys Origin also recently came out which is another great game.
🍆🍆

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9194 on: October 03, 2020, 05:17:29 PM »
Is the Switch Shiren the same as was on Vita?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9195 on: October 03, 2020, 06:22:34 PM »
Is the Switch Shiren the same as was on Vita?

yea
©@©™

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9196 on: October 03, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »
Ah I might have to pass then.  Already have both the DS and Vita Shiren games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9197 on: October 03, 2020, 09:21:49 PM »
Shiren will have new content- several extra bonus dungeons.
ど助平

« Reply #9198 on: October 05, 2020, 09:50:21 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Totally forgot how Nintendo never drops the price of their games. I had a mental list of things I was kinda interested in, thinking maybe I'd be able to snag them for like $30 a pop, but noooope.
野球

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9199 on: October 05, 2020, 10:17:29 AM »

Totally forgot how Nintendo never drops the price of their games. I had a mental list of things I was kinda interested in, thinking maybe I'd be able to snag them for like $30 a pop, but noooope.
On the contrary, they increase their prices so you better pre-order a year in advance.
🤴

Beezy

« Reply #9200 on: October 05, 2020, 03:14:34 PM »

Wait until Black Friday and you should be able to get the for $40 minimum. :lol

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #9201 on: October 05, 2020, 04:01:09 PM »

Places like Amazon and Walmart sell stuff for 50 instead of 60 a lot of the time, it's not what older stuff should be going for but it's a little less.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9203 on: October 06, 2020, 10:44:26 AM »
ど助平

« Reply #9204 on: October 06, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »

Places like Amazon and Walmart sell stuff for 50 instead of 60 a lot of the time, it's not what older stuff should be going for but it's a little less.

I'm guessing they've done away with Players Choice? Zelda and Mario Odyssey are both over three years old at this point and still full price which is nuts. Kinda thought maybe I'd get some sort of discount on niche titles like Daemon x Machina and Astral Chain, I mean shit, they'd be $20 by now on PS4/Xbox but nope, full price bitches.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9205 on: October 06, 2020, 12:28:41 PM »

I'm guessing they've done away with Players Choice? Zelda and Mario Odyssey are both over three years old at this point and still full price which is nuts. Kinda thought maybe I'd get some sort of discount on niche titles like Daemon x Machina and Astral Chain, I mean shit, they'd be $20 by now on PS4/Xbox but nope, full price bitches.

Have seen these go on sale before- $40-$45 at the lowest for the Nintendo games, IIRC.  Also with Switch being region free, you can find Euro or Asian versions cheaper.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9206 on: October 06, 2020, 01:44:33 PM »
Nintendo Game Design 2020

What if Zelda was your waifu :doggy
What if the Zora was your waifu  :thinking
What if the Gerudo were your waifu's  :shh
What if the Sheikah were your waifu's  :drool

spoiler (click to show/hide)
BOTW2, Goron Waifu's?
[close]

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:53:32 PM by Nintex »
🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #9207 on: October 06, 2020, 04:41:33 PM »
sounds like they understand the market for musou games :phil  :quark  :uguu  :jgames
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9208 on: October 06, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »

Somebody's first Zelda game was BOTW and it shows.

Ocarina waifus :rejoice
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #9209 on: October 06, 2020, 07:21:29 PM »
So that's why people love OoT so much.
Hi

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9210 on: October 06, 2020, 07:28:34 PM »
Ocarina might’ve kicked it into second gear sure, but you can’t tell me it wasn’t sexual healing that Link got from all those fresh ladies in town.

:shaq

paprikastaude

« Reply #9211 on: October 06, 2020, 07:54:18 PM »
Miyamoto Yes. When we decided to handle Link growing up from a 9-year-old child to a more mature 16-year-old, I wanted lots of characters to fulfill various roles. For example, Kaepora Gaebora is a grandfather figure who gives Link all kinds of advice and looks out for him. And since Link is a boy, I wanted girls besides Princess Zelda to show up.

Iwata And that's why Saria and Malon are there.

:leon  :social2  :gamergate :bowsette

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9212 on: October 06, 2020, 07:56:39 PM »

Somebody's first Zelda game was BOTW and it shows.

Ocarina waifus :rejoice
In the art perhaps but not as much in the game.

Ocarina might’ve kicked it into second gear sure, but you can’t tell me it wasn’t sexual healing that Link got from all those fresh ladies in town.

:shaq
Yeah it was quite obvious what was going on here.

Also the fairy fountains got more thirsty as the series progressed.
🤴

naff

« Reply #9213 on: October 06, 2020, 08:27:27 PM »
i thought the fairy fountains aesthetic in botw were more drag culture inspired. def going ham with the giantess fetish vibe  :lawd
◕‿◕

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9214 on: October 06, 2020, 10:08:22 PM »
It’s more fun when getting physical presents a real threat of bodily harm.   :whew

« Reply #9215 on: October 07, 2020, 01:31:18 PM »
Hades is the best game of the year. I've cleared it 20 times now and still enjoying it. Got up to extreme measures 3, but died to Hades 2nd phase. Shield, bow and spear are my favourite weapons.

naff

« Reply #9216 on: October 07, 2020, 02:52:59 PM »
been playing a lot more switch since getting a pro controller. don't think I'm going to undock the thing ever again. tried connecting the Pro controller to my pc to jam some witcher too and it just worked  :itagaki

these things should be standard. fk the little default pads.
◕‿◕

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9217 on: October 07, 2020, 06:28:24 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9218 on: October 07, 2020, 06:47:07 PM »

A demo for Pikmin 3 Deluxe will launch via the Nintendo eShop later today, Nintendo announced. It features save data transfer with the full game, and completing it grants immediate access to the “Ultra-Spicy” difficulty mode in the full game.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9219 on: October 07, 2020, 06:50:46 PM »

Nintendo Tree House is fast turning into the Dean Takahashi of game publisher showcases. The previous crop of Tree House people were far better at playing video games and PR  :doge
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9220 on: October 19, 2020, 08:24:35 PM »
ど助平

« Reply #9221 on: October 20, 2020, 05:07:40 PM »
How’s Daemon x Machina? Best Buy has it for $39.99 right now.
野球

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9222 on: October 20, 2020, 05:17:02 PM »
I thought it was dookie. Try the demo first
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9223 on: October 20, 2020, 06:14:40 PM »
How’s Daemon x Machina? Best Buy has it for $39.99 right now.

It reminded me of the older Armored Core games- pretty solid all-around although nothing amazing.  You can't get it on any other consoles, but if you game on PC, you might want to get the Steam version when it's on sale since it runs at a better framerate.

Definitely check out the demo as mentioned!
ど助平

« Reply #9224 on: October 20, 2020, 08:26:24 PM »
Celeste was 4 bux so I got it with some gold points. It’s pretty good so far. I like that it’s instant when you die and come back. Im stuck on this level where 5 shadow Marios are chasing me and I’m just trying to get a good route to  get past them to the ending

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #9225 on: October 20, 2020, 08:38:29 PM »
Snagged Ni No Kuni for 10 trump bucks at Wally world, whats the bore's consensus on this game?
jon

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9226 on: October 20, 2020, 09:06:35 PM »
great game at a great price :)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9227 on: October 21, 2020, 09:17:59 AM »
Snagged Ni No Kuni for 10 trump bucks at Wally world, whats the bore's consensus on this game?

The battle system felt super clunky and I didn't like the familiar system (especially considering evolution starts the familiars back at level 1, which means you need grinding if you happened to evolve him before a hard boss). But the exploration and world map felt cool, and the graphics were stunning when it was released. I felt mixed on it, personally.
^_^

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #9228 on: October 21, 2020, 09:22:42 AM »

Looks great

but a bit  :zzz

« Reply #9229 on: October 21, 2020, 10:47:43 AM »

The battle system felt super clunky and I didn't like the familiar system (especially considering evolution starts the familiars back at level 1, which means you need grinding if you happened to evolve him before a hard boss). But the exploration and world map felt cool, and the graphics were stunning when it was released. I felt mixed on it, personally.

I love clunky mecha games, but I might just save the cash and buy Bayonetta 2 instead.
野球

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9230 on: October 21, 2020, 10:50:53 AM »
Bayonetta 2 is SO FUCKING GOOD.

I just wish I could run it in CEMU, for some reason it just desyncs the audio and its a stuttery mess.

Absolutely fine in 720p though or whatever it is on the WiiU. Really glad I have that game. Maybe I should replay it.
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9231 on: October 21, 2020, 10:57:34 AM »

I love clunky mecha games, but I might just save the cash and buy Bayonetta 2 instead.

Definitely check out the demo first- it's not like Bayo 2 is gonna get discounted like Daemon X Machina is right now! 
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9232 on: October 22, 2020, 10:40:23 AM »
Official english translation of Fire Emblem NES for $6

And cool limited edition version too

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1319279583036755969
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #9233 on: October 22, 2020, 01:30:25 PM »
:crazy temporarily available and CE without a real game 

:piss :nintendo :piss2
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 02:24:33 PM by Spieler1 »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9234 on: October 22, 2020, 02:38:28 PM »
Nintendo deciding to do limited runs of digital games has to be the boldest move of the last few years :miyamoto :lol
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9235 on: October 22, 2020, 02:44:10 PM »
Moronic shit, but Ninty fans will gobble it up like any piece of dogshit Nintendo puts out
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9236 on: October 22, 2020, 03:02:35 PM »
No CE for Yurop  :fbm :fbm
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9237 on: October 22, 2020, 04:27:54 PM »
nintendo being arrogant will end with gamecube 2 :rejoice

naff

« Reply #9238 on: October 22, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »
gc 2 would be sick
◕‿◕

« Reply #9239 on: October 22, 2020, 05:29:38 PM »
Ok, so what the fuck do Amiibos do? Looking at stocking stuffer things for the kid, is there any reason to get them for Animal Crossing or Smash Bros?
野球