Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 942787 times)

Tasty

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #9360 on: December 02, 2020, 06:16:14 PM »
"Nintendo Sneakily Opts Switch Owners Into Data-Sharing"

Fyi I went and did changed this setting just now myself.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9361 on: December 02, 2020, 06:26:46 PM »
 :miyamoto

Tasty

« Reply #9362 on: December 02, 2020, 07:32:35 PM »

archnemesis

« Reply #9363 on: December 03, 2020, 02:59:42 AM »
When I read that headline I immediately thought "that should be illegal" and indeed it is. The setting doesn't appear on my system.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9364 on: December 03, 2020, 08:56:47 AM »
When I read that headline I immediately thought "that should be illegal" and indeed it is. The setting doesn't appear on my system.

It only comes up in countries where it is not illegal. 
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9365 on: December 03, 2020, 09:46:42 AM »

It only comes up in countries where it is not illegal. 

:rollsafe
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #9366 on: December 03, 2020, 11:33:56 AM »
Freedom loving countries

Beezy

« Reply #9367 on: December 10, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #9368 on: December 10, 2020, 07:14:12 PM »
Another dude with sword, technically.  :teehee

Bebpo

« Reply #9369 on: December 10, 2020, 07:15:19 PM »
Sepiroth comes to Smash before FF14  :'(

Tasty

« Reply #9370 on: December 10, 2020, 11:07:35 PM »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9371 on: December 12, 2020, 09:46:41 PM »
RIP Switch Pro Controller - September 2017 to December 2020

The left stick drifted so bad that I could not run a straight line in Mario 64 or Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity.

Got a new pro controller ordered but it was getting very bad towards the end. I’m not someone who abuses controllers too.
🍆🍆

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9372 on: December 13, 2020, 06:27:14 AM »
Did you try opening it up and cleaning it?

As opposed to the joy cons the pro controller doesn't use the stupid grafite shit.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9373 on: December 13, 2020, 10:51:17 AM »
Did you try opening it up and cleaning it?

As opposed to the joy cons the pro controller doesn't use the stupid grafite shit.

I followed this: https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/guide-how-to-fix-a-drifting-nintendo-switch-pro-controller

It did help as I’ve had this issue for months but it quickly got worse.
🍆🍆

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9374 on: December 13, 2020, 12:08:38 PM »
Sepiroth comes to Smash before FF14  :'(

They’d only bring him in to lose to Zenos anyways, because that’s just how dumb the Zenos character is.

Tasty

« Reply #9375 on: December 13, 2020, 12:38:27 PM »
Sephiroth had to follow Cloud to Smash, sorry. He's an obsessed ex from what I can tell.

Himu

« Reply #9376 on: December 14, 2020, 12:11:26 AM »
fire emblem 1 owns
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #9377 on: December 14, 2020, 12:59:16 AM »
fire emblem 1 owns
I'm guessing this is the $50 Nintendo game that the released on Switch?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9378 on: December 14, 2020, 05:51:55 AM »
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light.

It's 6 euros over here.

Edit: The collectors box is 50 euros it seems. But somebody'll probably put scans of the artbook online, so whatever.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9379 on: December 14, 2020, 12:48:49 PM »
fat

Tasty

« Reply #9380 on: December 15, 2020, 01:36:32 PM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/12/nintendo_paid_around_usd6_million_for_monster_hunter_rises_timed_exclusivity_on_switch

Good Guy Nintendo opting to preserve the PC port ;) (Instead of shelling out more money to axe it lol.)

Bebpo

« Reply #9381 on: December 15, 2020, 02:49:43 PM »
6 million seems like peanuts for exclusivity for a major title. Kinda surprised no one else matched that.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9382 on: December 15, 2020, 03:08:15 PM »
(ice)

Tasty

« Reply #9383 on: December 15, 2020, 04:32:23 PM »
It's unclear to me if PS4 and Xbox versions were ever in the cards, or if Nintendo was simply paying for 6 months of Switch exclusivity versus the PC port.

Capcom wanted more money for Nintendo to kill the upcoming PC port, because a PC version will do much better in China, but Nintendo was unable to meet that higher price.

Bebpo

« Reply #9384 on: December 15, 2020, 05:00:31 PM »
Oh that makes sense

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9385 on: December 16, 2020, 10:41:10 PM »
Out tomorrow:

Warning:
:exxy

ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #9386 on: December 17, 2020, 11:59:35 AM »
https://www.polygon.com/interviews/22170222/nintendo-doug-bowser-interview-switch-pro-joycon-drift-animal-crossing

Polygon: I wanted to talk a little bit about — I know it’s kind of a four-letter word — but Joy-Con drift. Obviously, Nintendo has a long reputation of really strong hardware, but this is something that has not gone away. I know you offer free repairs for people; they can mail in their Joy-Cons. It kind of feels like this continues to be, like, a Band-Aid that’s being put over it. And I wanted to know, long term, are there hardware designs planned to address this so that when people buy a new Switch, they’re not necessarily worrying, “Hey, I’m going to need to send in my Joy-Con every six months or so”?

Doug Bowser: First and foremost, we want every consumer to have a great experience with their Nintendo Switch and with the games they play on Nintendo Switch. That’s of utmost importance to us. Our mission is to put smiles on faces. And we want to make sure that happens. If consumers have any issue with our hardware and/or software, we want them to contact us, when we will work through the proper solution to get them up and running as fast as possible.

Specific to the Joy-Cons themselves, we’ve been working very closely with consumers if and when they might have issues, whether it’s a replacement or repair. And then, what I will say, as we look at our repair cycles, we’re always looking at what is being sent in and for what reasons, and understanding that better. And without going into any details, it always gives us an opportunity to make improvements as we go forward.

I need a Doug Bowser version of :nintendo

Tasty

« Reply #9387 on: December 17, 2020, 12:03:47 PM »
Yeah, and the celebration aspect I totally get. Obviously, you have gone whole hog on releasing amazing Mario games this year. I just don’t understand the consumer side of it, where someone who buys a Switch in June of next year is just never gonna be able to buy those games. I just don’t see the upside, quite honestly.

Yeah, at this point, the decision was really made around that celebration feature and aspect. I can’t speak to plans beyond the the end of March.

:thinking

They're totally gonna release those three Mario games individually next year. :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9388 on: December 17, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »
https://www.polygon.com/interviews/22170222/nintendo-doug-bowser-interview-switch-pro-joycon-drift-animal-crossing

Polygon: I wanted to talk a little bit about — I know it’s kind of a four-letter word — but Joy-Con drift. Obviously, Nintendo has a long reputation of really strong hardware, but this is something that has not gone away. I know you offer free repairs for people; they can mail in their Joy-Cons. It kind of feels like this continues to be, like, a Band-Aid that’s being put over it. And I wanted to know, long term, are there hardware designs planned to address this so that when people buy a new Switch, they’re not necessarily worrying, “Hey, I’m going to need to send in my Joy-Con every six months or so”?

Doug Bowser: First and foremost, we want every consumer to have a great experience with their Nintendo Switch and with the games they play on Nintendo Switch. That’s of utmost importance to us. Our mission is to put smiles on faces. And we want to make sure that happens. If consumers have any issue with our hardware and/or software, we want them to contact us, when we will work through the proper solution to get them up and running as fast as possible.

Specific to the Joy-Cons themselves, we’ve been working very closely with consumers if and when they might have issues, whether it’s a replacement or repair. And then, what I will say, as we look at our repair cycles, we’re always looking at what is being sent in and for what reasons, and understanding that better. And without going into any details, it always gives us an opportunity to make improvements as we go forward.

(Image removed from quote.)

I need a Doug Bowser version of :nintendo
:bowsette

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9389 on: December 17, 2020, 02:43:31 PM »
That was some top-notch spin worthy of the man in the position previously held by Reggie.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9390 on: December 17, 2020, 07:25:06 PM »
Out tomorrow:

Warning:

Messed around with this game today. Not bad and of course I selected no modesty in the settings :win
🍆🍆

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9391 on: December 17, 2020, 07:32:43 PM »
My left joycon definitely has some drift now. Was taking a shit playing Secret Files 2 and my cursor would just start moving upwards lmao
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #9392 on: December 17, 2020, 09:02:31 PM »
Tried the new Bravely Default II demo that dropped today and is representative of the final version.

In battle there's this GIANT WALL OF TEXT EXPLAINING EVERY ATTACK that covers up the rest of your attacks in your menu with absolutely no way to turn it off. I can't even see what my moves/abilities are without flipping around for a few seconds. Very annoying. Probably less of an issue in the main game when you have the same set of commands/attacks for dozens of hours straight and you memorize all the attacks on your list, but this is like the ugliest menu UI I've ever seen in a rpg.

I'm assuming it looked like this in the original demo where they took criticism and made changes so I'm surprised it is still like this.

Otherwise it's very low res docked, especially in town, the character art is bad/bland and the framerate kinda sucks, but seems to play fine and fast enough and I guess seems alright. Definitely makes me want to play Octopath Traveler instead though, not sure how I feel about this being made by a different team. If BDII gets a steam version like Octopath or a Switch Pro version that looks normal resolution and runs at 60fps it'd probably go a long way. I have no idea how they got it to run so shit on Switch. Like Switch is weak hardware, but goddamn.

Bebpo

« Reply #9393 on: December 17, 2020, 09:15:46 PM »
Actually you can turn that text off with L3, it just doesn't tell you that anywhere.

Also I just tried it in portable mode and surprisingly it's one of the few Switch games that looks and runs better portable. It seems like it drops some ugly shader effects and becomes more a standard ps3 looking pixely game but actually runs ok because of it and looks sharp instead of blurry.

Tasty

« Reply #9394 on: December 17, 2020, 09:39:28 PM »
Actually you can turn that text off with L3, it just doesn't tell you that anywhere.

What the hell is an L3? :thinking

Edit- Oh click stick.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9395 on: December 18, 2020, 10:19:13 AM »
Out tomorrow:

Warning:

Messed around with this game today. Not bad and of course I selected no modesty in the settings :win

Enjoyed it on PC (has great music too!)- like the completely unrelated Fight 'N Rage, this game reminds of something out of the golden age of video games in the 90s.   
ど助平

« Reply #9396 on: December 18, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »
The Switch is wrapped under the tree for the kid.

She's getting Animal Crossing, Mario Odyssey and Pokemon Sword.

I also bought Mario Deluxe U, Breath of the Wild, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Daemon x Machina, Bayonetta 2 and Astral Chain.

One more week and I can actually play them.
野球

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9397 on: December 18, 2020, 06:43:39 PM »

:uguu
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9398 on: December 18, 2020, 08:48:25 PM »
Out tomorrow:

Warning:

OH MY GOD THAT MUSIC  :o :o :o :o :o

:bow nu-disco :bow2

love me some Pengo too so I'm buying this.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9399 on: December 19, 2020, 11:45:06 PM »
I played a bunch of Crawlco Block Knockers today... trying to get a gold star is pretty frustrating, since enemies love to just fuck you up and I always seem to shut myself out... the music is fantastic, the lewdity rules, and the boss fights are a particular highlight. Addictive as hell, you get so close and you just wanna keep on playing...
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #9400 on: December 19, 2020, 11:52:01 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9402 on: December 21, 2020, 12:31:53 AM »
 :D

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9403 on: December 22, 2020, 08:37:16 PM »

Real covid hours.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #9404 on: December 22, 2020, 08:42:44 PM »

Huh I wonder what changed things

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9405 on: December 22, 2020, 11:49:03 PM »

dog

Beezy

« Reply #9406 on: December 23, 2020, 01:46:13 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #9407 on: December 23, 2020, 02:15:40 AM »

Yeaaaah, this was not a Switch year for me. I played more games than ever in 2020. 103 games cleared so far and probably gonna finish up Miles and Man of Medan so guessing I'll end with 105 games cleared total. And like 2 of them were on Switch?

Outside mainline Mario/Zelda/Metroid stuff, never been and never will be much of a Nintendo system person. I do wanna get around to playing Astral Chain though. Maybe in 2021.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #9408 on: December 23, 2020, 02:47:27 AM »
So is there a link to see this information?
🍆🍆

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9409 on: December 23, 2020, 02:49:40 AM »
So is there a link to see this information?

It’s an email from Nintendo.
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #9410 on: December 23, 2020, 04:15:52 AM »
I was looking through my Switch backlog and it's actually really small. Usually my system backlogs by like year 2+ are hopeless with like 50-500 games that I'll never get through. But maybe my 2021 gaming goal will be to clear out my Switch backlog. The only games I haven't played are Astral Chain, Monster World, Luigi's Mansion 3, Megaman 11, Octopath Traveler, Mario Rabbids tactics and Curse of the Moon 2. And those are all pretty much good games and outside Octopath, nothing too long.

Since I don't think there's anything announced so far for 2021 on Switch that I'm interested in playing besides Bayonetta 3 if it ever comes out, or if BoTW2 is 2021 or another mainline Mario, that all seems pretty doable to get through in a year of Switch playing.

There's also a a whole bunch of backlog Wii U ports that I never got around to playing on Wii U and are on Switch like NSMB U/Tropical Freeze/Pikman 3/FE#Mirage Sessions, but I'm not going to count them.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9411 on: December 23, 2020, 05:40:09 AM »
This is only open to non-supervised Nintendo Accounts registered in the U.S. and Canada. It looks like your Nintendo Account is getting tripped up somewhere along these lines.

:fbm
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9412 on: December 23, 2020, 05:43:10 AM »

« Reply #9413 on: December 23, 2020, 07:06:58 AM »

It was a good year  :-* :-* :-*

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9414 on: December 23, 2020, 08:03:22 AM »
207 hours played

Most played games:

-Animal Crossing: New Horizons
-Tetris 99
-One Piece Pirate Warriors 4
-Bloodstained Curse Of The Moon 2
-Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Didn't get to play as many video games in general for the first half of the year for various reasons, then we had a kid and free time in general has been diminished.  Am only recently starting to have time to play stuff again.

My favorite was Curse Of The Moon 2- really enjoyed it from start to finish and did multiple playthroughs in all the unlockable modes.
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9415 on: December 23, 2020, 08:22:24 AM »
1,112 hours played. They called me a core gamer lol

For some reason Overwatch isn’t on any of these lists but should be. It thinks I played billiards more, I doubt it

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9416 on: December 23, 2020, 11:01:44 AM »
Got my stats from Nintendo

114 hours / 50 days

Top 4:
Zelda BOTW
Astral Chain
Trials of Mana
DOOM 64

January - May: 0
Over the summer (June - October): 114
November/December: 0

Makes sense, January / May I was playing Assassins Creed and other things on Xbox mostly then in November I upgraded my PC and it was DOOM Eternal, COD: Black Ops and now Cyberpunk 2077.
I might start a playthrough of Xenoblade depending on how long it takes to finish CP2077.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #9417 on: December 23, 2020, 12:41:15 PM »

:mindblown Absolutely fascinating...

Fifstar

« Reply #9418 on: December 23, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »
NOE newsletter doesn't have the data in the images so:

200 hours, 21 games (seems low), 233 days active, Fire Emblem, Link's Awakening, Cross Code and Murder by Numbers were my most played games.

Pretty weak year content wise from Nintendo for me. Didn't enjoy AC a lot, Indies were okay but not mindblowing.
Gulp

archnemesis

« Reply #9419 on: December 23, 2020, 05:34:14 PM »
Played 27 games in 281 hours. I'm surprised that no RPG made it to the top list.

Top 4
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
  • Picross S4
  • Picross S5
  • Nintendo Labo - Variety Kit