Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 390935 times)

MMaRsu

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #9480 on: January 05, 2021, 11:20:56 AM »
They also made this great game

(they are decent devs I think tho)

Nintendo fans were already going fucking stupid tho I saw some comments like Oh this is gonna be amazing just like when Sony bought Insomniac

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9481 on: January 05, 2021, 11:46:13 AM »
Exclusively on the Switch, it's Nintendo's Disney's Marvel's Spider-Man's Captain America: Super Soldier - Miles Morales
©@©ô

Nintex

• DARK MODE CORPO
« Reply #9482 on: January 05, 2021, 12:30:01 PM »
I see Nintendo has finally bought a development team to work on Metroid Prime 4.  8)
GAMER

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9483 on: January 05, 2021, 02:30:58 PM »
Seems like an obvious get. Good for them.

PunchOut and the Luigi Mansion games were very well done.
fat

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9484 on: January 05, 2021, 03:07:21 PM »
Exclusively on the Switch, it's Nintendo's Disney's Marvel's Spider-Man's Captain America: Super Soldier - Miles Morales

Still more compelling than The Blandvengers on PS4/XO. :trumps

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:12:37 PM by Tasty »
🕊️

« Reply #9485 on: January 05, 2021, 05:19:34 PM »
My daughter loves her Switch and plays Animal Crossing with her friends all the time. We won Christmas as parents. I've played a bit of Bayonetta 2, definitely looks like a PS3 game at this point but is fun as shit. Daemon X Machina is mindless mecha fun, which is exactly what I wanted. Haven't even opened TMS, BotW or Mario Odyssey yet.

The kid paid for a year of the individual online service with her own money, and my wife and I were psyched to take advantage of those NES and SNES games, but the SNES games are age restricted because she's not 13 and I can't change her age even with the parent account. We're shit out of luck unless we pay for another year of online service, aren't we?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:28:55 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #9486 on: January 05, 2021, 05:25:42 PM »
Tried the new Bravely Default II demo that dropped today and is representative of the final version.

In battle there's this GIANT WALL OF TEXT EXPLAINING EVERY ATTACK that covers up the rest of your attacks in your menu with absolutely no way to turn it off. I can't even see what my moves/abilities are without flipping around for a few seconds. Very annoying. Probably less of an issue in the main game when you have the same set of commands/attacks for dozens of hours straight and you memorize all the attacks on your list, but this is like the ugliest menu UI I've ever seen in a rpg.

I'm assuming it looked like this in the original demo where they took criticism and made changes so I'm surprised it is still like this.

Otherwise it's very low res docked, especially in town, the character art is bad/bland and the framerate kinda sucks, but seems to play fine and fast enough and I guess seems alright. Definitely makes me want to play Octopath Traveler instead though, not sure how I feel about this being made by a different team. If BDII gets a steam version like Octopath or a Switch Pro version that looks normal resolution and runs at 60fps it'd probably go a long way. I have no idea how they got it to run so shit on Switch. Like Switch is weak hardware, but goddamn.

I tried out the demo the other night, what the hell is up with the spastic overly animated hand motions the characters do before physical attacks? It's weird as fuck and really bugs me.
野球

Spieler1

« Reply #9487 on: January 05, 2021, 05:55:53 PM »
Nintendo buys acclaimed developers of Metroid Prime: Federation Forces  :miyamoto

:neogaf

Meanwhile they mishandled their only other American developer and maker of good Metroid games to the point of not releasing a single game in like a decade.

But at least that's one studio that still has permission to do slightly different things with the Mario brand.

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9488 on: January 05, 2021, 05:57:00 PM »
Nintendo buys acclaimed developers of Metroid Prime: Federation Forces  :miyamoto

:neogaf

Meanwhile they mishandled their only other American developer and maker of good Metroid games to the point of not releasing a single game in ten years.

Tropical Freeze came out in 2014 and was re-released in 2018. :confused
🕊️

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9489 on: January 05, 2021, 05:57:56 PM »
It was also way better than that Metroid shyte they did :nope
🕊️

Spieler1

« Reply #9490 on: January 05, 2021, 06:08:33 PM »
So 7 years now + 2-3 that MP4 is still out.

It was also way better than that Metroid shyte they did :nope

:juicy

« Reply #9491 on: January 07, 2021, 06:14:36 AM »
luigi's mansion 3 has the best graphics and animations on switch. god bless next level games.

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9492 on: January 08, 2021, 11:27:47 AM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/rumour_datamine_apparently_reveals_all_about_the_new_nintendo_switch_revision

Aula explicitly supports handheld mode. It is not docked only; that's calcio, which seems like it's for internal only/never releasing since Calcio has no gamecard slot and no battery.

Mariko has *substantially* better cooling and battery life. It's a bona fide die shrink over the original generation.

But yeah, I speculate games will be like "DSi enhanced" games were, or like how some games benefited from PS4 Pro despite working on PS4.

Checked my previous discussions with hexkyz, the upgraded tablet display is an OLED screen. Probably not higher resolution on tablet itself, so I guess the 4k realtek chip is more likely to be new dock than I thought it was.

Sounds like a straight upgrade. :lawd Bring it on :drool
🕊️

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9493 on: January 08, 2021, 09:37:26 PM »
Been having issues the past 3-4 months with my Switch randomly dropping into sleep mode when docked. Seems to only happen once per play session, and it doesn't affect ACNH much, but it does wreck all my online games obviously. Anyone see something like this?

Might have coincided with a new power strip... maybe I should replace it. :thinking
🕊️

filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9494 on: January 08, 2021, 11:29:17 PM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/rumour_datamine_apparently_reveals_all_about_the_new_nintendo_switch_revision

Aula explicitly supports handheld mode. It is not docked only; that's calcio, which seems like it's for internal only/never releasing since Calcio has no gamecard slot and no battery.

Mariko has *substantially* better cooling and battery life. It's a bona fide die shrink over the original generation.

But yeah, I speculate games will be like "DSi enhanced" games were, or like how some games benefited from PS4 Pro despite working on PS4.

Checked my previous discussions with hexkyz, the upgraded tablet display is an OLED screen. Probably not higher resolution on tablet itself, so I guess the 4k realtek chip is more likely to be new dock than I thought it was.

botw 2, new 3D mario, mario kart 9 and metroid prime 4 built to use the extra power  :lawd

MMaRsu

« Reply #9495 on: January 09, 2021, 05:59:46 AM »
Jeesh how original

Nintex

• DARK MODE CORPO
« Reply #9496 on: January 09, 2021, 08:03:09 AM »
Is it that time of year again?

January - Mario 3D World Bowser's a Furry
February - Bravely Default (on your EIDOS assets) II
[ Nintendo Direct ]
March - Poke Snappu, Donkey Konga DX
Q2'ish - Switch+ / Mario Kart 8 DX+ / Smash Bros.+ etc. (if the situation regarding COVID 19 allows)
Q3'ish - Fire Emblem: Echoes of Breasts, SONIC (part 1 of a new trilogy of Sonic games)
Q4'ish - Xenowaifu 3, Bayonettass 3

Holiday or Switch+ launch: Heroes of the Wild (could push Xenowaifu 3 into 2022)
There's also some crazy collab salvage asset flip project cooking out of pure desperation that everyone will hate.

:drool
GAMER

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9497 on: January 09, 2021, 09:14:01 AM »
:dunno

Bowser's Fury is out in February.  It will also have online co-op!
ど助平

Fifstar

« Reply #9498 on: January 09, 2021, 09:19:30 AM »

Sounds great. Leave the big power jump for switch. Only thing I hope it also has is a slightly bigger screen - a sizable reduction of the black bezel would be very welcome.
Gulp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9499 on: January 09, 2021, 11:41:21 AM »

[ Nintendo Direct ]
Q2'ish - Switch+ / Mario Kart 8 DX+ / Smash Bros.+ etc. (if the situation regarding COVID 19 allows)
Q3'ish - Fire Emblem: Echoes of Breasts, SONIC (part 1 of a new trilogy of Sonic games)

Holiday or Switch+ launch: Heroes of the Wild (could push Xenowaifu 3 into 2022)
There's also some crazy collab salvage asset flip project cooking out of pure desperation that everyone will hate.

I think we're also gonna see something DQ related for the 35th anniversary.
^_^

Beezy

« Reply #9500 on: January 11, 2021, 12:14:56 AM »

« Reply #9501 on: January 11, 2021, 02:28:45 PM »

[ Nintendo Direct ]

I think we're also gonna see something DQ related for the 35th anniversary.

The DQ Dai game is coming for Switch and PS4.

Also, feel free to Friend Code me, if you want.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
7998-9344-9090
[close]
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9502 on: January 12, 2021, 03:09:42 PM »

Super Saiyan Cat Mario versus Death Metal Bowser
:titus

Looks like a whole new game.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9503 on: January 12, 2021, 03:18:01 PM »
Mario edition Switch coming, too.

Pic kinda hurts my eyes. :dizzy
ど助平

Nintex

• DARK MODE CORPO
« Reply #9504 on: January 12, 2021, 03:31:52 PM »

Super Saiyan Cat Mario versus Death Metal Bowser
:titus

Looks like a whole new game.
It reminds me of Sonic in tone and style  :thinking
GAMER

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9505 on: January 12, 2021, 03:58:34 PM »
©@©ô

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #9506 on: January 12, 2021, 04:46:30 PM »
:dead
Hi

BIONIC

• Live Laugh Love. Wanderlust. The Office. Pizza. Dog mom. #Blessed
« Reply #9507 on: January 12, 2021, 05:31:29 PM »
Looks like a big open-ended level you can do in any order ala Odyssey. Iíll believe itís more than that if they specify, or itís confirmed on release.
Wine

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9508 on: January 12, 2021, 06:03:37 PM »
Mario edition Switch coming, too.

(Image removed from quote.)

Pic kinda hurts my eyes. :dizzy

Yeah I was just going to respond with my_eyes.gif from Spongebob :lol
🕊️

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9509 on: January 12, 2021, 06:04:50 PM »
Looks like a big open-ended level you can do in any order ala Odyssey. Iíll believe itís more than that if they specify, or itís confirmed on release.

Yeah my impression from the trailer is that this is a single new level and boss fight. :lol Uhhhh, not sure it needs its own big DLC-like subtitle. "Deluxe" probably could have worked better for this game in that light.
🕊️

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #9510 on: January 13, 2021, 02:54:14 PM »

Yeah my impression from the trailer is that this is a single new level and boss fight. :lol Uhhhh, not sure it needs its own big DLC-like subtitle. "Deluxe" probably could have worked better for this game in that light.

I'd say what makes Bowser's Fury more significant is how different it may be compared to the main game. Most DLC for anything is usually pretty similar to the base game.

Regardless, like many other Wii-U games that 50 million + Switch owners haven't played, it's a pretty nice addition imo.
OH!

Potato

• Kipfler
« Reply #9511 on: January 13, 2021, 04:28:40 PM »
My kids want it and I'm happy to rebuy it because I never got to play it in multiplayer on the WiiU because they were too young.
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9512 on: January 13, 2021, 05:36:49 PM »

Has more info on the little extras added to 3D World and then an overview of Bowser's Fury.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
GIGA CAT MARIO

[close]

ど助平

Nintex

• DARK MODE CORPO
« Reply #9513 on: January 14, 2021, 08:01:27 PM »
GAMER

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9514 on: January 14, 2021, 09:05:52 PM »
A trailer that captures the boringness of the original. :lol A+

Still probably gonna buy for dat nostalgia :lawd :miyamoto
🕊️

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9515 on: January 14, 2021, 10:12:31 PM »
A trailer that captures the boringness of the original. :lol A+

:lawd
dog

naff

• <̽̎̏ͨͣ͞҉̯͔̩̩͕ͅ>̫͔͍̥͉̳͚͓͗͋̄̑ͧ̓̔̏ͭ̿͌ͫ́̒́ͩ̀͡͞ͅ
« Reply #9516 on: January 14, 2021, 10:46:06 PM »
gotta say i look forward to it nostalgically. in my teens a friend had it, and it was one my favs 2 get ripped and jam  8)
◕‿◕

Beezy

« Reply #9517 on: January 18, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »
Just did this and it works. It was before Wario's tweet though, so it may be dead. I'll never get a Nintendo game for this cheap again.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1351192350077427716
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 10:56:59 AM by Beezy »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9518 on: January 18, 2021, 11:30:15 AM »
Just did this and it works. It was before Wario's tweet though, so it may be dead. I'll never get a Nintendo game for this cheap again.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1351192350077427716

Still works- just got it.
ど助平

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9519 on: January 18, 2021, 11:36:05 AM »
Weíre very sorry, but due to high demand, one or more of the items you purchased is currently backordered. We're working hard to fulfill them as fast as we can.

:shaq2
🕊️

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9520 on: January 18, 2021, 11:39:32 AM »
I bought it just now and it said it was "Backordered" lol.
©@©ô

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #9521 on: January 18, 2021, 12:38:54 PM »
Backorder ended, Wal-Mart delivered! :rejoice

©@©ô

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸
« Reply #9522 on: January 18, 2021, 05:47:52 PM »
Same, filler-sama redeemed :rejoice

Walmart sama :jeb
🕊️