Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 944107 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #9600 on: February 16, 2021, 03:47:22 PM »
rerelease all the capcom portable games

oracles and minish

I'm kinda hoping for the Oracle games in the Link's Awakening Switch artstyle.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #9601 on: February 16, 2021, 03:55:06 PM »
Zelda HD Collection

- Ocarina of Time 3D HD (up-res)
- Majora's Mask 3D HD (with all the shit people complain about fixed)
- The Wind Waker HD
- Twilight Princess HD
- Skyward Sword HD
- Breath of the Wild 2 demo

:lawd :drool
oh god I'm gonna cum

:aah

More realistically, I'd say WW, TP and SS as the Anniversary combo for $60. I'd love a touched up version of OoT and MM 3DS on switch tho, gawd damn. 

Tasty

« Reply #9602 on: February 16, 2021, 04:07:46 PM »
SSHD will be worth it just for the removal/shortening of Tadtones a la Triforce Hunt in WWHD.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #9603 on: February 16, 2021, 04:18:02 PM »

oracles and minish

What's wrong with playing them on your 3DS?
:O

Svejk

« Reply #9604 on: February 16, 2021, 04:28:26 PM »
I'll be ready to jump on that Switch train if they finally drop some good Zelda trim on there.  Seriously though... wtf Nintendo?  It's been 4 years now and you still missing close to 80% of your Zelda titles on there?!  Shamon :birdman

james

« Reply #9605 on: February 16, 2021, 04:29:02 PM »
Let me throw in a wildcard surprise:

Mario Kart 9

YOU'VE BEEN MILKING THE SAME FUCKING GAME FOR 7, SEVEN, YEARS YOU WEEBO FUCKS.

Tasty

« Reply #9606 on: February 16, 2021, 04:31:24 PM »
Lol they ain't cutting down the Evergreen Redwood that is MK8DX.

They SHOULD do a DLC pack or something, the DX version technically had no DLC campaign of its own.

MOAR BATTLE TRACKS AND OPTIONS

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9607 on: February 16, 2021, 04:43:06 PM »
Just add Twintelle so I can make her stick out her ass when you do a trick in the air.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9608 on: February 16, 2021, 07:30:50 PM »
Grezzo remaster of the Oracle games would be a nice treat. Even better would be an all new 2D adventure in the Link's Awakening remake style...

Also, I think we get Xeno X Switch news, it's the last major WiiU release to not get ported over to the Switch.
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #9609 on: February 16, 2021, 07:34:31 PM »
I'll never turn down a Zelda remake, but yeah, I hope they eventually use the LA engine to make a brand new game. Having two "sides" of Zelda since the N64+GameBoy days has always been nice, and I hope they keep that going even with a single platform now. When the LA remake was announced I breathed a sigh of relief; BotW isn't the only kind of Zelda we're going to get going forward. :)

Tasty

« Reply #9610 on: February 16, 2021, 07:37:12 PM »

Seeing these tweaks, I may have to take back some of my "lazy" comments from when the 3D All-Stars remaster was announced. These are very subtle tweaks but they really add up to a much more playable and polished experience. Shit like the warp pipes interrupting animations drove me crazy in the original release. :lol

The one I find a little weird is shells being faster -- was it their intent to make the game slightly harder? :thinking

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9611 on: February 16, 2021, 08:01:32 PM »
Dial down expectation folks, this is the Nintendo Direct for the first half of 2021 of which almost 2 months have already ended.

Expect mostly already announced games getting release dates, DLC and maybe some surprises.
Should be a decent number of third party things as well. Now that Kingdom Hearts is coming to PC, it'll be weird if it doesn't land on Switch.

They could release BOTW2 sooner than we think but they probably see no reason to not keep it for the holidays.

It'll be a decent showing, it just won't live up to those expectations of "no Nintendo Direct for 2 years so they have to show us everything!"

Pokemon Snap is announced for 30th of April. So something could land between Bravely Default (end of February) and Pokemon Snap (end of April). Some remake or casual game would be a good bet.
Or they just announce 2 more things for May/June and call it a day. Because of COVID we may also see some plan B/asset flip projects. Maybe another path for Fire Emblem: Three Houses or more Mario Kart DLC.
There's also the games that just dropped from the radar entirely like Ridge Racer NX, Wario Land 3DS and another Fire Emblem Echoes style remake that were in production at some point. Astral Chain is part 1 of a trilogy that may or may not be developed.
Nintendo should have a fairly strong line-up compared to most other publishers this year but most of it won't get into view until the second half of 2021. At which point some projects will no doubt be shifted to 2022.

Seeing these tweaks, I may have to take back some of my "lazy" comments from when the 3D All-Stars remaster was announced. These are very subtle tweaks but they really add up to a much more playable and polished experience. Shit like the warp pipes interrupting animations drove me crazy in the original release. :lol

The one I find a little weird is shells being faster -- was it their intent to make the game slightly harder? :thinking
It reminds me of how on the GameCube they would always go back to fix a bunch of small things in the PAL versions.
Sometimes things were patched quite significantly and you couldn't do certain exploits or speed runs.

Also funny to see that they went as far as to change pipe entry behaviour in the 3D World Switch release but kept Sunshine broken as fuck  :lol
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 08:11:43 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #9612 on: February 16, 2021, 08:27:45 PM »
Yeah like, I understand 3D World is a much newer codebase and easier to work with (Bowser's Fury wouldn't have been possible otherwise),  but it's disappointing to see how little love was paid to the 3D All-Stars remasters.

Since 3D World + Bowser's Fury is intended to be sold indefinitely for the Switch's lifespan (as opposed to the collection's limited run), they probably felt more pressure. Interesting that the two most recent Mario games highlight both ends of Miyamoto's "a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" philosophy. :doge

Tasty

« Reply #9613 on: February 16, 2021, 08:38:44 PM »
Quote from: Nintex
Dial down expectation folks, this is the Nintendo Direct for the first half of 2021 of which almost 2 months have already ended.

My expectations are what I said, anything else is gravy.

50 mins tho, whew. :whew

Smash DLC fighter announce :hyper

ACNH + Mario DLC update news :hyper

ACNH 1 year anniversary possible surprise announcements :hyper

New MH Rise trailer and maybe new demo :hyper

:hyper

Tasty

« Reply #9614 on: February 16, 2021, 08:58:20 PM »
They could release BOTW2 sooner than we think but they probably see no reason to not keep it for the holidays.

They need something big this year and it'll probably be BotW2. But it could also not make it.

Prime 4, Bayo 3, and hopefully (since it would give them an extra year) Game Freak's next mainline Pokemon will all debut in 2022, I think.

james

« Reply #9615 on: February 16, 2021, 09:26:04 PM »
Anyone who has followed Nintendo since the wii music incident knows that all expectations should be kept at zero.

Never mind they've spent the last 4 years porting wii u games or pushing out zero effort titles like Mario party.

I mean the big animal crossing news is they're going to keep trickling out features from the 3ds version like the coffee shop

... And yet I still expect to see Eternal Darkness 2 running in a Switch Pro that's more powerful than a PS5

:existential

Tasty

« Reply #9616 on: February 16, 2021, 09:28:56 PM »
Looked into some Dyack stuff a bit ago, yeah I don't think you're ever seeing that IP ever again.

Edit- Also, describing Nintendo's first party lineup over the last four years as "lazily porting Weeeooo games" just isn't true from any angle. You could make the argument 2020 was more bare, and I might agree, but I would also point to the worldwide pandemic affecting developers of every studio.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9617 on: February 16, 2021, 09:59:38 PM »
the most exciting part of every new nintendo news is guessing the left field disappointment that has the internet in an uproar

will it be bakugan - league of regalia: light in the darkness edition?

will it be a switch port of metroid federation force?

is it going to turn out that retro studios was spending all this time remastering the first donkey kong country returns just so both games are on the same console?

are they seriously going to spend 10 minutes revealing a new hamtaro game or some puzzle thing where ninjas eat udon noodles
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #9618 on: February 16, 2021, 10:02:59 PM »
It'll be the same disappointment as usual: another Fire Emblem character in Smash. :P

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #9619 on: February 16, 2021, 10:08:20 PM »
Nintendo is the most exciting video game publisher by a huge margin. Anything could be announced tomorrow.

OH!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9620 on: February 16, 2021, 10:38:43 PM »
It'll be the same disappointment as usual: another Fire Emblem character in Smash. :P

"We've heard the complaints about bloating fighting games rosters, and that's why we're proud to announce Fire Emblem Smash! Just Fire Emblem, all the other characters are gone now."
©@©™

james

« Reply #9621 on: February 16, 2021, 10:46:46 PM »
Also, describing Nintendo's first party lineup over the last four years as "lazily porting Weeeooo games" just isn't true from any angle.

???

Heres the entire 2020 lineup...1.5 new games!

Cheap upgrade - Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Nintendo Switch
Can this count as new? - Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics

New - Paper Mario: The Origami King - Nintendo Switch
Port - Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Nintendo Switch
Port - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX - Nintendo Switch
CHEAP port - Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Port - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore - Nintendo Switch
Port - Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - Nintendo Switch

2019?

Weeb shit - Astral Chain - Nintendo Switch
Weeb shit -    DAEMON X MACHINA - Nintendo Switch
Weeb shit -    Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch
Essentially a Wii mini game - Fitness Boxing - Nintendo Switch
Port - Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn - Nintendo 3DS
Good port - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
New - Luigi's Mansion 3 - Nintendo Switch
Port - Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey - Nintendo 3DS
New - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - Nintendo Switch
Port - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Nintendo Switch
Does this count as a game - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 4 - VR Kit - Nintendo Switch
New - Pokémon Sword and Shield - Nintendo Switch
New - Ring Fit Adventure

Enhanced port - Super Mario Maker 2 - Nintendo Switch
I mean its tetris - Tetris 99 - Nintendo Switch
New - Yo-kai Watch 3 - Nintendo 3DS
New but sort of an expansion pack to the last one really - Yoshi's Crafted World - Nintendo Switch

The 2018 list is even more ridiculous, its literally 95% Wii U ports. And for fucks sake, they ported Go Vacation from the Wii with zero improvements and priced it at $50!

Nintendo has been asleep at the wheel.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 10:53:23 PM by james »

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #9622 on: February 16, 2021, 10:51:19 PM »

oracles and minish
Oh hey gives us Power Stone while you're at it, the Switch base would eat that up
Let me throw in a wildcard surprise:

Mario Kart 9

YOU'VE BEEN MILKING THE SAME FUCKING GAME FOR 7, SEVEN, YEARS YOU WEEBO FUCKS.
This made me want to be snarky and mention GTAV but looking it up that came out the previous year's September while MK8 hit in May so they're both pretty much equally ridiculous. :doge I want a Mario Kart Ultimate with every track, character, and playstyle ever back again (This means the Double Dash dual karts mofos) but 8DX won't stop selling so maybe on Switch II whatever and whenever that is.
Hi

Tasty

« Reply #9623 on: February 16, 2021, 10:57:54 PM »

"We've heard the complaints about bloating fighting games rosters, and that's why we're proud to announce Fire Emblem Smash! Just Fire Emblem, all the other characters are gone now."

They literally did this with Kirby last year. :lol Don't put it past them.

Back in the day I wanted a Pokemon fighting game using the Smash engine with all Pokemon (at the time; I think this was Gen 4) being playable. Pokken... just ain't the same lol.

Tasty

« Reply #9624 on: February 16, 2021, 11:00:13 PM »
Port - Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey - Nintendo 3DS
New - Ring Fit Adventure

New but sort of an expansion pack to the last one really - Yoshi's Crafted World - Nintendo Switch

The 2018 list is even more ridiculous, its literally 95% Wii U ports. And for fucks sake, they ported Go Vacation from the Wii with zero improvements and priced it at $50!

Lol you have really shit taste. I feel bad for you.

james

« Reply #9625 on: February 16, 2021, 11:05:30 PM »
New - Ring Fit Adventure

Lol you have really shit taste. I feel bad for you.

Who said anything about taste?

I gave you a factual list of name games vs ports

« Reply #9626 on: February 16, 2021, 11:14:45 PM »
They better not re-release Skyward Sword. There's no fixing that game.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9627 on: February 16, 2021, 11:14:58 PM »
Nintex, will you let your uncle know that TriForce Heroes didn’t deserve to languish with the mega shitty awful 3DS online setup and needs a remastering for Switch?

Tasty

« Reply #9628 on: February 16, 2021, 11:15:23 PM »
Astral Chain - better than most AAA games released in 2019
DAEMON X MACHINA - better than most AAA games released in 2019
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - full remake, not a port
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - also a new game

I would describe your post as 50% factual at best, tbh.

I mean those four alone would put Nintendo above most publishers in 2019. Who are we comparing them to? EA? Ubisoft? Sony? Microsoft?

To say nothing about Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon, which both sold over 9 million copies. What publishers compare, honestly? Not many. :trumps

Tasty

« Reply #9629 on: February 16, 2021, 11:16:58 PM »

Easy fix 1: shorten/remove Tadtones

Easy fix 2: duct tape Fi's fucking mouth

The overall structure of the game is very un-Zelda (where as I would say BotW is very Zelda), but those two fixes alone would at least make the game palatable.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9630 on: February 16, 2021, 11:24:46 PM »
I’ll not have you casting aspersions towards Tetris 99, James.  That game is an excellent variant of Tetris.

Also: lol at Mario Maker 2 being an “enhanced port”.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9631 on: February 16, 2021, 11:26:58 PM »
"Nintendo's list of games released in 2019 is really sparse once you take out all the games I don't like!"
dog

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9632 on: February 16, 2021, 11:28:58 PM »
Astral Chain and Daemon came out in the same year as Resident Evil 2 Remake, Modern Warfare, Seikro, Shadowbringers, Death Stranding,  Control,  Devil May Cry 5, Ace Combat 7, Metro Exodus, and I'm sure plenty of other good games.  Honestly, I don't think Astral Chain is that good. Nor was I that into Daemon.  Either way 2019 was a pretty strong year and I'm not sure those were better than most AAA games.

Anyway, I'm hoping we see whatever Monolith is working on and some Bayonetta 3.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 11:37:25 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Tasty

« Reply #9633 on: February 16, 2021, 11:30:09 PM »
Astral Chain and Daemon came out in the same year as Resident Evil 2 Remake, Modern Warfare, Seikro, Shadowbringers, Death Stranding,  Control,  Devil May Cry 5, Ace Combat 7, Metro Exodus, and I'm sure plenty of other good games.  Honestly, I don't think Astral Chain is that good. Nor was I that into Daemon.  Either way 2019 was a pretty strong year and I'm not sure those were better than most AAA games.

Yup, that part of my statement is definitely up for debate.

But again, compare outputs at the publisher level. Who matched Nintendo in 2019, honestly? :dunno

(Certainly by the metrics of software sales, I believe Nintendo (or Activision due to Modern Warfare) is on top. But this conversation isn't necessarily about sales.)

james

« Reply #9634 on: February 16, 2021, 11:32:21 PM »
I like Tetris 99. I also liked Tetris DS and Puyo Puyo Tetris. I own them all!

Lets not pretend theyre new games. An intern could have shit it out in a couple of weeks.

I also bought Luigis Mansion 3 and Ill buy Links Awakening when its priced as it should be ($20 for a Gameboy port)

But how about we drop the Fire Emblem garbage and give us an Advance Wars?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9635 on: February 16, 2021, 11:33:14 PM »
My "it would be fucking cool" predictions:
  • Pikmin 4
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Splatoon 3
  • Mario Galaxy 2 as DLC for Mario 3D collection
Spud

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9636 on: February 16, 2021, 11:37:20 PM »
I’m all for more Advance Wars over Fire Emblem, can definitely agree there.

Tasty

« Reply #9637 on: February 16, 2021, 11:39:23 PM »
:drudge Triumph alert! :drudge

People are insulting your beloved waifu sim!

« Reply #9638 on: February 16, 2021, 11:47:02 PM »

The overall structure of the game is very un-Zelda (where as I would say BotW is very Zelda), but those two fixes alone would at least make the game palatable.

And remove all the return visits to the same 3 areas, and fighting the same terrible boss 3 times, and add actual islands to the sky map  :-\

Tasty

« Reply #9639 on: February 16, 2021, 11:50:43 PM »

And remove all the return visits to the same 3 areas, and fighting the same terrible boss 3 times, and add actual islands to the sky map  :-\

I've made peace with none of that ever happening. Returning to the 3 areas didn't bother me in the sand area, where each visit reveals something new. The other 2 areas could be refreshed similarly but it's doubtful...

The Silent Realms were always great fun, despite being technically reused content.

The boss is a bit similar, he's different each time you fight him, and a remaster could make him even more different each time. Wholesale new bosses would require changing cutscenes and shit. :/

The barren skymap is utterly unforgivable, and was so on the game's release. Embarrassing, especially since they already did the concept well in Wind Waker.

james

« Reply #9640 on: February 16, 2021, 11:52:07 PM »
Nintendo, this is what your real fans want:

-A free update to Mario Tennis so its a full game like the GBA one
-A free update to Mario Party so its not the worst Mario Party on the planet
-Fix all the shit UI in Animal Crossing and add at least 57,000 lines of dialogue
---Gyroids too I guess
-Package all the Mario Kart Arcade titles into one seamless bundle and sell it for $9.99 on the e-shop
-Advance Wars (a new one not a port you cowards)
-Eternal Darkness 2 with Eternal Darkness HD as a free pre-order bonus
-The Factor 5 Pilotwings with ray tracing you cowards
-Doshin the Giant HD
-The new Pokemon Snap should take no less than 25 hours for a single run through
-Splatoon 3 would be cool but just more stuff in Splatoon 2 would be better tbh
-Remove all sword characters from Smash except Ike and Link
-A new IP that's a little bit weeby like Splatoon but too too weeby like the anime crap that comes out sometimes
-Star Fox Adventures 2 with Krystal in maximum 4K furry pixels. And put her in Smash too
-Give us a second Pilotwings because you fuckers owe us like 3 at this point
-A cool new puzzle game like Meteos
-A karaoke game, just buy Singstar rights from Sony tbh
-Rush 2059 the ip is probably worth like 3 dollars just buy it from bankrupt midway

This would be a good start.

Oh and throw in a new Hamtaro game for the kids

Edit: I forgot Kuru Kuru Kururin 4. I literally ran all over Paris to get the original because you cowards didnt release it in the US. WE WANT MORE KURU
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 11:56:21 PM by james »

james

« Reply #9641 on: February 17, 2021, 12:01:54 AM »
Here is one image to represent how Nintendo has failed me as a software company

Tasty

« Reply #9642 on: February 17, 2021, 12:09:58 AM »
Nintendo finally solving their third party issues with Switch :rejoice :jeb

DECADES of waiting for this moment, and you're complaining? :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9643 on: February 17, 2021, 12:11:37 AM »
Although I agree the port to original game ratio is disappointing (“Nintendo will now consolidate both its console and handheld development teams. So many games!  :derp  :nintendo”), playing an Asphalt game for more than 10 minutes is more of a failure on you as a human than them  :miyamoto
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #9644 on: February 17, 2021, 12:13:12 AM »
james what's your friend code? :)

james

« Reply #9645 on: February 17, 2021, 12:26:01 AM »
playing an Asphalt game for more than 10 minutes is more of a failure on you as a human than them  :miyamoto

Name a better arcade racer on a Nintendo platform since Rush 2049.

Bonus: The damn game is F R E E

james what's your friend code? :)

Ill PM when I turn my system on again later

Tasty

« Reply #9646 on: February 17, 2021, 12:28:59 AM »
We need to play Aminal Crossing together :)

« Reply #9647 on: February 17, 2021, 12:34:17 AM »
I just want TWEWY 2 release date  :-*

james

« Reply #9648 on: February 17, 2021, 12:34:49 AM »

Eh.

I tried visiting a friend once in AC. It was excruciating. Felt like sending a fax. And then as soon as I arrived the game was interrupted because someone else was coming and Im expected to sit there and watch THAT fax come in too?

No thanks. Worst online experience since the Gameboy Color.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9649 on: February 17, 2021, 12:44:37 AM »
I’m getting Nam flashbacks of trying to sell/buy turnips with multiple people on the same island along with them coming and going due to inventory limits  :existential

Not having proper drop-in drop-out multi in 2020 is a fucking embarrassment, and if even one connection craps out everyone loses progress  :lol
Margs

james

« Reply #9650 on: February 17, 2021, 12:51:01 AM »
I’m getting Nam flashbacks of trying to sell/buy turnips with multiple people on the same island along with them coming and going due to inventory limits  :existential

Not having proper drop-in drop-out multi in 2020 is a fucking embarrassment, and if even one connection craps out everyone loses progress  :lol

I was shocked at how bad it was. And people...are ok with this?

I saw a viral tweet where like 100 people lined up in a town to sell turnips.

Youre telling me that every 5 seconds they had to go through that stupid dodo screen for 30 seconds, and it repeated, over and over and over again?

And people...are ok with this?

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9651 on: February 17, 2021, 01:14:09 AM »
I imagine most Nintendo fans are like me and not at all okay with it, but just feel beaten into acceptance over the years by how Nintendo handles the online multiplayer side of things.

Tasty

« Reply #9652 on: February 17, 2021, 01:20:13 AM »

Eh.

I tried visiting a friend once in AC. It was excruciating. Felt like sending a fax. And then as soon as I arrived the game was interrupted because someone else was coming and Im expected to sit there and watch THAT fax come in too?

No thanks. Worst online experience since the Gameboy Color.

It is bad. But we gotta do it once so I can make you a BFF and send you gifts in the mail and stuff. 🥰

Tasty

« Reply #9653 on: February 17, 2021, 01:22:06 AM »

Youre telling me that every 5 seconds they had to go through that stupid dodo screen for 30 seconds, and it repeated, over and over and over again?

My primary response to this is that people should not have been abusing the turnip system so much, and that any pain involved is entirely self-inflicted.

THAT SAID

New Leaf on 3DS let you access your storage while at a friend's town. Goddamn what the fuck why isn't that in New Horizons goddamnit.

james

« Reply #9654 on: February 17, 2021, 01:35:02 AM »

My primary response to this is that people should not have been abusing the turnip system so much, and that any pain involved is entirely self-inflicted.

THAT SAID

New Leaf on 3DS let you access your storage while at a friend's town. Goddamn what the fuck why isn't that in New Horizons goddamnit.

When my friend invited me, and it kept failing, it was because she didnt realize you couldnt actually do anything like open the inventory when someone is coming.

??? ??? ??? ???

Absolutely insane. Literally the online system on the Gamecube version was better.

So as you can see, we play Minecraft instead. The online isnt perfect (can fail a couple of times when connecting) but at least everyone can play normally while the connection is attempting.

I imagine most Nintendo fans are like me and not at all okay with it, but just feel beaten into acceptance over the years by how Nintendo handles the online multiplayer side of things.

Tasty

« Reply #9655 on: February 17, 2021, 01:37:32 AM »

I would say: nobody is "ok" with it.

But what are you going to do, not visit your friend's town?

Short of being an Animal Crossing developer, there's really little you can do to affect change short of bitching into the ether and hoping someone at Nintendo hears you, and they don't write you off, and they address your complaint in a nebulous DLC update.

james

« Reply #9656 on: February 17, 2021, 01:50:45 AM »

Short of being an Animal Crossing developer, there's really little you can do to affect change short of bitching into the ether and hoping someone at Nintendo hears you, and they don't write you off, and they address your complaint in a nebulous DLC update.

I stopped playing it and that send a strong message

:idont

Tasty

« Reply #9657 on: February 17, 2021, 01:53:34 AM »

I stopped playing it and that send a strong message

:idont

It doesn't (for Nintendo, it was Tuesday) and you're missing out on playing with me. :(

Tasty

« Reply #9658 on: February 17, 2021, 01:56:06 AM »

For the record I legit love this song and the music video is peak 80's. :delicious

Bebpo

« Reply #9659 on: February 17, 2021, 04:27:42 AM »
When the hell are they going to announce Switch 2? Seems like there's been Super Switch/Switch Pro rumors for years.

I'm assuming it'll launch with BoTW2. So maybe end of the year?