Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 949042 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #2820 on: January 26, 2018, 12:26:16 AM »
There is no way Nintendo implements a "proper" D-pad into a Joycon, breh. Sorry. They expect it to be able to be turned on its side and shared with another person for better or worse.

I see no reason why a d-pad joycon can't be made and sold as a separate accessory.  The Switch seems tailor-made for that kind of thing.
ど助平

« Reply #2821 on: January 26, 2018, 01:54:29 AM »
There is no way Nintendo implements a "proper" D-pad into a Joycon, breh. Sorry. They expect it to be able to be turned on its side and shared with another person for better or worse.
I'm not giving up hope.  I'll just have to avoid games that are better on a dpad until then. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2822 on: January 26, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »

I see no reason why a d-pad joycon can't be made and sold as a separate accessory.  The Switch seems tailor-made for that kind of thing.

I'm surprised they haven't started making customized Joycon controllers already. It's basically free money.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #2823 on: January 27, 2018, 11:23:24 AM »
Guys, this is Nintendo.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2824 on: January 27, 2018, 02:13:16 PM »
The final levels and later stage invasion challenges of Rayman Legends sucks because it seems you have to constantly be running, which cramps the shit out of my finger since it's ZR to run.
🍆🍆

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2826 on: January 28, 2018, 01:31:20 PM »
 :lol
püp

« Reply #2827 on: January 28, 2018, 06:08:50 PM »
The final levels and later stage invasion challenges of Rayman Legends sucks because it seems you have to constantly be running, which cramps the shit out of my finger since it's ZR to run.

Trying to run and jump in both on any controller is a PITA.  started using a claw grip in certain situations.  Really wish customized button mapping was standard

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2828 on: January 29, 2018, 05:51:46 AM »
60 hours in BOTW now and I think I'm ready to go to Hyrule Castle, although I feel once I beat it I won't come back for more so considering doing a few more shrines.

59 shrines completed
Full Ancient Gear with two **

Game is a good ride, bite size portions, but could have done with a better story, more enemy variety, and of course, a few proper dungeons.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #2829 on: January 29, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »

I'm surprised they haven't started making customized Joycon controllers already. It's basically free money.

Ninendo hates easy/free money apparently or else we would've seen Virtual Console on Switch by now.

kingv

« Reply #2830 on: January 29, 2018, 10:01:24 AM »
Bought Rive on sale... it’s ok?

I’m not exactly sure why everyone was hyping it up last year as being great. It’s a pretty basic twin stick shooter. Performance seems good on switch though..

Fifstar

« Reply #2831 on: January 29, 2018, 10:05:22 AM »

Ninendo hates easy/free money apparently or else we would've seen Virtual Console on Switch by now.

I guess they want to give Indies some room to breath. Seems to have worked considering the success stories of indie devs.

Or they're just incompetent.
Gulp

agrajag

« Reply #2832 on: January 29, 2018, 02:13:57 PM »
I don't think they make as much money on Virtual console as releasing individual titles on eShop. The eShop probably gives each game more visibility also.  Look at how well Super Mario VS is doing.

Tasty

« Reply #2833 on: January 29, 2018, 02:53:58 PM »
Well they could always bring back the Virtual Console they spent years building up on the Wii.

But they won't because Nintendo.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #2834 on: January 29, 2018, 03:02:21 PM »

I guess they want to give Indies some room to breath. Seems to have worked considering the success stories of indie devs.

Or they're just incompetent.

That's the theory that makes the most sense. Still I don't think 1 or 2 virtual console releases a week (like they've done on every console) would effect indie sales much.

I don't think they make as much money on Virtual console as releasing individual titles on eShop. The eShop probably gives each game more visibility also.  Look at how well Super Mario VS is doing.

Assuming they have a working emulator, virtual console is free money for them since they own the licensing.

I don't know why I'm complaining, even if they had virtual console games I'd just wait until Retroarch emulation gets ported to Switch.

Corporal

« Reply #2835 on: January 30, 2018, 08:04:44 AM »
They could give Switch owners something to spend their myNintendo points on. Don't outright sell VC games, offer a monthly grab bag of, say, ten VC games, at a reasonable gold coin (aka real money kickback) price, plus a single ridiculously overpriced platinum coin (aka rat food pellet for pressing buttons) reward. Plus some odd bits and trinkets. Like, a custom screen border for 4:3 games or something.

It would be Nintendo-ish.

Oooooor they could leave those that only own a Switch (and don't have any interest in their mobile games) out in the rain. Who needs those coins anyway. Just let them expire. That's also kinda Nintendo-ish.
!list

« Reply #2837 on: January 30, 2018, 01:55:01 PM »
Sitting here at work wishing I could play BOTW.  Had an extended weekend and finally was able to put a decent bit of time into it.  The tard in me is thinking it's the best single-player game I've played in eons.

Controls, load times, and some QOL annoyances like not being able to cook in bulk, sell in bulk, make gear pre-sets, or hold identical meals in stacks dampen my love a little bit.

But there were moments playing it this weekend where I legit felt like I was playing the best game ever.

I could never get into the other 3D zeldas.  But BOTW  :lawd :lawd

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2838 on: January 30, 2018, 11:42:20 PM »
Wait, there's QOL in BOTW? Ughhh... hate that shit.
^_^

kingv

« Reply #2839 on: January 31, 2018, 12:21:51 AM »
BOTW really is a great game. It's a flawed gem, but frankly, so is basically every game ever made.

I traded it in months ago and still think about it sometimes.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2840 on: February 01, 2018, 01:41:13 AM »
Pulled the trigger on Axiom Verge as I've been meaning to get it for ages (was supposed to buy it on Vita). Was already listening to the music on Spotify (the soundtrack is great) and the game is pretty sweet so far. Only downside is that there is no fast travel between save points, so backtracking is a pain in the ass.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2841 on: February 03, 2018, 06:25:00 AM »
so I finally joined the cool kids club and got one of these. what are yall's friend codes? mine's SW 0692 6586 0020. add me please!
pcp

archie4208

« Reply #2842 on: February 06, 2018, 08:53:13 AM »
I bought Crypt of the Necrodancer even though I already own it on PC (and I'll probably do the same for Darkest Dungeon).  :fbm  The soundtrack is amazing and Danny B is a god.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2843 on: February 06, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
I got Dandara yesterday off the J-eShop since I had some points to waste.  It comes out on the U.S. eShop today, plus on just about everything else-    Android, iOS, Linux, OSX, PC, PS4, and Xbone.  The game looks very much like a GBA/DS-era Castlevania game and is a Metroidvania, but doesn't play anything like one-- you don't move normally and can only jump from place to place, using the analog stick to aim yourself towards floors/walls/ceilings.  Gravity doesn't really matter here.  So it appears to be a pretty simple game, control wise, with jumping assigned to one button and shooting assigned to another...that's it.  Has a weird, but kind of cool atmosphere and a pretty good soundtrack. 

ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2844 on: February 06, 2018, 10:58:30 AM »
Finished Danganronpa 3 so back in the saddle with Mario Rabbids. Chapter 3
fat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2845 on: February 06, 2018, 10:09:56 PM »
Got 611 out of 826 teensies in Rayman Legends.  Got to the ending credits as well.

Just trying to collect all of the teensies except for the handheld mode.  I think I'm the only switch owner who plays it docked but I don't feel like playing handheld mode to get the remaining 126 teensies.  Also the challenges and kung foot stuff is a total waste of time.

Good game.  I think Origins was a tighter package and I see Amazon.com selling it for $30.  I recommend getting it at $20 if you haven't played it.
🍆🍆

« Reply #2846 on: February 06, 2018, 11:03:29 PM »
Why do you gotta to be in handheld mode to get em though

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2847 on: February 06, 2018, 11:42:54 PM »
Fuck some of these steep affinity requirements to do the rare blade quests in Xenoblade 2. Locking such good content behind affinity grinding already sucked enough in Xenoblade X. This game can be so frustrating at times...
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2848 on: February 07, 2018, 08:58:21 AM »
Got 611 out of 826 teensies in Rayman Legends.  Got to the ending credits as well.

Just trying to collect all of the teensies except for the handheld mode.  I think I'm the only switch owner who plays it docked but I don't feel like playing handheld mode to get the remaining 126 teensies.  Also the challenges and kung foot stuff is a total waste of time.

Good game.  I think Origins was a tighter package and I see Amazon.com selling it for $30.  I recommend getting it at $20 if you haven't played it.

Doesn't Legends have all or most of the levels from Origins in it, though?
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #2849 on: February 07, 2018, 10:47:13 AM »
Like 50% of them.

Fifstar

« Reply #2850 on: February 07, 2018, 10:49:41 AM »
Don't know why, but I liked Origins much more than Legends. It controls a bit better and beating the chest chase levels was very satisfying.
Gulp

Tasty

« Reply #2851 on: February 07, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2852 on: February 08, 2018, 10:27:24 AM »
You'll be able to use Gold Nintendo Coins (remember MyNintendo?) to buy stuff on Switch eShop

https://my.nintendo.com/news/29b8f71f90e837dd
fat

Corporal

« Reply #2853 on: February 08, 2018, 01:19:11 PM »
Fecking finally. Took them long enough. Looking forward to my 300-coin "7% off Super Mario Odyssey" coupon.
!list

kingv

« Reply #2854 on: February 08, 2018, 02:53:53 PM »
It sounds like it’s a straight up “points = money” thing.

Considering that wagon cards seem to go on sale for 15-20-% off pretty frequently that doesn’t seem too bad.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2856 on: February 09, 2018, 07:39:11 AM »

Considering that wagon cards seem to go on sale for 15-20-% off pretty frequently that doesn’t seem too bad.

WTF is a wagon card?
woke

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2857 on: February 09, 2018, 01:05:43 PM »
fat

kingv

« Reply #2858 on: February 09, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »

WTF is a wagon card?

That apparently some kind of auto correct of what was supposed to be E-Shop card.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2859 on: February 09, 2018, 04:48:38 PM »
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2860 on: February 09, 2018, 04:53:27 PM »
How does this make sense

Tasty

« Reply #2861 on: February 09, 2018, 05:02:37 PM »
How does this make sense

What do you mean? Nintendo does this all the time.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2862 on: February 09, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »
 :-\

Tasty

« Reply #2863 on: February 09, 2018, 05:09:44 PM »
Let's not forget Metroid Prime 1 was apparently a trainwreck at first, either. With Nintendo holding the reigns they can turn any shitty dev into gold.

Tasty

« Reply #2864 on: February 09, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »
Yeah Sakamoto can stay in his padded WarioWare cell while Bamco handles Prime 4.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2865 on: February 09, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »
Dragon Quest Builders came out today!  I forgot that you can't transfer your demo save over.  :-\

Looks like South Park is coming out in the next month.  Someone found a listing for The Fractured But Whole on Amazon Mexico.
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2866 on: February 09, 2018, 06:17:04 PM »
Finished the excellent Super Mario Od.
Interested now in Xenoblade 2. Do I need to finish #1 to get it? I'm still plugging along on that one.
que

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2867 on: February 09, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
Fractured Butthole and Mexico just go together.
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #2868 on: February 09, 2018, 06:28:47 PM »
Dragon Quest Builders came out today!  I forgot that you can't transfer your demo save over.  :-\

Looks like South Park is coming out in the next month.  Someone found a listing for The Fractured But Whole on Amazon Mexico.

Does dq builder have any co-op elements, and/or can you have fun while sucking at games? Was thinking it might be fun to play with my kid in some capacity.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2869 on: February 09, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »
where is this bit about sakamoto hating prime coming from?
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2870 on: February 09, 2018, 06:41:01 PM »

Does dq builder have any co-op elements, and/or can you have fun while sucking at games? Was thinking it might be fun to play with my kid in some capacity.

no co-op. there is a mode where you can share buildings with other players online, but that's it.
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2871 on: February 09, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »
Interested now in Xenoblade 2. Do I need to finish #1 to get it? I'm still plugging along on that one.

No, Xenoblade 2 is completely separate story with all new characters. You don't need to finish XB1 first.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2872 on: February 10, 2018, 10:11:43 AM »
And you shouldnt because XB2 will seem like a complete piece of shit in comparison
fat

Corporal

« Reply #2873 on: February 10, 2018, 10:41:57 AM »
Well, it was made by the left-over dregs of  monolith soft that didn't qualify for glorious Zelda BOTW duty. Plus some outsourced help. In, like, a few months. And since we all know sales numbers are THE indicator for quality, it's damn good.

So, give it a try. Why not.

Unless you can't deal with :uguu. It's Animu through and through.
!list

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2874 on: February 10, 2018, 01:03:31 PM »
OK what about darkest dungeon?
que

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2875 on: February 10, 2018, 01:31:50 PM »
Thats waaaay too unfair

Freyj

« Reply #2876 on: February 10, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »
where is this bit about sakamoto hating prime coming from?

Heard it through the grapevine a couple of times in Metroid threads all over. He doesn't consider them "mainline" Metroid games and seems to resent it's popularity among the fandom whenever it gets brought up in interviews. I looked it up a while ago and it seems to be the case, don't really remember a good source to link you to, though.

I thought Samus Returns was kind of a turd.

Prime seems like the only way I’m getting an enjoyable Metroid game from Nintendo.

archie4208

« Reply #2877 on: February 10, 2018, 02:16:33 PM »
Buy Celeste brehs.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2878 on: February 10, 2018, 02:58:14 PM »
i want Celeste and Dandara but the endless deluge of quality gaming is keeping me from purchasing just yet
pcp

agrajag

« Reply #2879 on: February 11, 2018, 07:47:47 PM »
So I got around to playing the Dragon Quest Builders demo a bit more, and I'm liking it a lot. This is my first Dragon Quest game ever, actually, not a big RPG player.