Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 933680 times)

Tasty

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #11280 on: April 05, 2022, 10:51:42 AM »
You know you're in for a good sign when it starts with "I'm not your dad, I just kinda fucked your mom." :lol

Tasty

« Reply #11281 on: April 06, 2022, 05:25:18 PM »

26 mins of footage :rejoice

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCK7F9Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl

Just found this :rejoice

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #11282 on: April 07, 2022, 10:31:15 AM »
Glad I didn't pre-order and get the discount on house at the dead, the controls seem completely fucked based on the reviews. Wii remains king of light gun games for all eternity

Tasty

« Reply #11283 on: April 07, 2022, 10:38:10 AM »
Forever is good at patching their games going by Panzer Dragoon, which also launched pretty rough.

The 10% discount and Gold Coins I had dropped this to an even $20, pretty much a no-brainer. 🧟‍♂

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #11284 on: April 07, 2022, 11:14:47 AM »
Then I will buy their game when it is properly finished and on sale, I explained this to CD Projekt Red and they bowed their heads in shame and said "yes sir"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11285 on: April 07, 2022, 12:47:05 PM »
Then I will buy their game when it is properly finished and on sale, I explained this to CD Projekt Red and they bowed their heads in shame and said "yes sir"

It appears a PS4 (or PS5?) version is coming, too.  Maybe it will be finished by then.

Wish I saw that before I pre-ordered the game last night.  Nothing I can do now but check it out!
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #11286 on: April 09, 2022, 08:32:03 PM »
If you're a big HotD fan, Remake is great but I do think if there is a patch soon it's probably gonna mostly address the motion controls. They feel mildly off in a way I can't really describe. There's a million customization options however so it's possible I just need to keep tweaking things... but even if so the defaults should be better.

Buuuuuuuuuut considering the first time I played HotD 1 was the PC version, I'm ok using non-motion here. Performance Mode plays well, I haven't noticed dips even when the camera's whipping around and there's lots of effects.

Graphics are who cares, lol. HotD4 is arguably the only game in the series that really pushed the edge graphically. Honestly, the graphics and style in Remake remind me of a mix of HotD3 and 4. It's a nostalgic middle ground.

Music is absolutely insane, way beyond being just a pleasant surprise. Voice acting is just right and even the title cards are perfect. They nailed it.

Hard to recommend to non-fans without a motion controls patch, but I've been having a fantastic time so far. Super excited for the leaked HotD 2 Remake.

Tasty

« Reply #11287 on: April 09, 2022, 08:48:42 PM »
Semi-related, a mod for the original game on PC that turns it into an FPS! :o

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11288 on: April 13, 2022, 12:35:16 AM »

Rumor has it that, even though they were speaking Polish, they used the formal "Sho-Nuff-sama."

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11289 on: April 13, 2022, 09:37:28 AM »

Rumor has it that, even though they were speaking Polish, they used the formal "Sho-Nuff-sama."

You sure it wasn't them saying "Sho Nuff kurwa"?
^_^

Svejk

« Reply #11290 on: April 19, 2022, 09:51:11 AM »
Originally slated for September 2022, Nintendo is now targeting a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 July 29 launch.
https://www.destructoid.com/thats-fast-xenoblade-chronicles-3-is-out-on-switch-in-july/
Not sure how that works, but ok!  :gladbron

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1516401730275131398

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's no way I'll finish XB:DE before then. lolololol
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11291 on: April 19, 2022, 10:14:46 AM »
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11292 on: April 19, 2022, 10:14:50 AM »
Works out really well for me, now I can finish it before Trails from Zero drops.

But what do they mean by "My Nintendo" exclusive for the special edition? I've been ignoring that where you exchange points for crap. Do I need to do that to get the SE or will it be $$? I might have to just pay scalped prices :(
^_^

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11293 on: April 19, 2022, 12:44:23 PM »
Now I can be disappointed earlier.

Also I’ve gotten the CE for every Xenoblade game so far and would like to continue that. Hope this MyNintendoStore dosent make it hard. Never used it before.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #11294 on: April 19, 2022, 02:00:13 PM »
Works out really well for me, now I can finish it before Trails from Zero drops.

But what do they mean by "My Nintendo" exclusive for the special edition? I've been ignoring that where you exchange points for crap. Do I need to do that to get the SE or will it be $$? I might have to just pay scalped prices :(

In addition to the fake Nintendo Bux, they also sell merch and stuff for cash monies on their online store.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/exclusives/
©@©™

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11295 on: April 19, 2022, 02:13:57 PM »
You have any experience buying from them? I’m also worried about scalpers. At least if it was at multiple stores I’d have a chance.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #11296 on: April 19, 2022, 02:24:31 PM »
I guess it'll just depend on whether it's a limited run deal or whether they're going to print-to-demand. Most of the recent Nintendo SE's have been easy to get though, so I think there'll be enough.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #11297 on: April 19, 2022, 02:49:33 PM »
Too close to Live-A-Live (the likely superior game!)

As a Xeno/Takahashi fan I'm just so burned by XB2/Torna I'll get to this when I get to it. Give me XCX2 next please.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11298 on: April 19, 2022, 03:33:11 PM »
Yeah besides Elden Ring. This really has been the Switch’s year for me. Can’t wait for Live A Alive.

Tasty

« Reply #11299 on: April 19, 2022, 04:41:24 PM »
GB, GBC and GBA emus leaked for NSO. 🤩

Coax

« Reply #11300 on: April 20, 2022, 03:25:46 AM »
Random tidbit that seemed useful for discussions about the Nintendo stock scarcity theory: employee who does 'production planning and inventory management/demand forecasting' argues in bullet form why there's no such plan at Nintendo, as they were fed up with seeing it posted online so frequently.

Quote collapsed for brevity
There is no secret "scarcity" creates more demand masterplan from Nintendo.

- Nintendo sells to retailers (for the most part) - so any type of price gouging isn't benefiting them.

- Everybody at Nintendo would prefer retailers to never run out of stock. The second a retailer runs out of stock - overall customer demand drops. There is no secret evasion to other channels (which of course are also out of stock) happening.

- Hype effects are only _maybe_ valid for very niche core gamer titles (Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, etc.). Yes, sometimes these titles benefit a little in the beginning pulling in demand from week 2 & 3 into week 1 if presales are closed very early due to limited availability.

- Core gamer titles generate furious outrage on the internet, which sometimes even spills over to mainstream journalism, but are barely relevant to the bottom line compared to mass market titles (Mario, AC, Zelda of course but also titles like NintenDogs).

- Production Planning starts anywhere from 8 weeks to 6 months in advance of a titles release. It's damn hard to predict how well a title will sell that early on. It is even worse for HW which has lead times much, much longer.

- Games are shipped via air and final assembly happens in the region where they are sold. HW is shipped via boat from Asia directly. This means right about now somebody is ordering Christmas HW. How do you think the red left joy-con will sell in December? We had tricked-out time-series forecasting statistics at the end but still got it wrong ~20% of the time.

- Overstock is crazy expensive, both in the channel and in Nintendo Warehouses. If you order too much of a title and it turns out the title only has a core day 1 audience you or the channel which you made believe in the title is totally screwed.
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11301 on: April 21, 2022, 02:36:45 AM »
I believe that they believe what they're saying.

But that also means that Nintendo is still REALLY BAD at basic production after four decades of practicing it.  ::)  I don't believe that, so I think it's somewhat intentional.

Bebpo

« Reply #11302 on: April 21, 2022, 04:57:59 AM »

But that also means that Nintendo is still REALLY BAD at basic production after four decades of practicing it.  ::)  I don't believe that, so I think it's somewhat intentional.

idk, did you see that article today about Nintendo Japan not understanding what a Bounty Hunter was while making Metroid.

Sometimes I get the impression the beauacracy of big Japanese companies means a lot left hand not talking to the right hand and just "if it ain't broke..." for like 20-40 years over and over.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11303 on: April 21, 2022, 07:27:39 AM »
I guess it'll just depend on whether it's a limited run deal or whether they're going to print-to-demand. Most of the recent Nintendo SE's have been easy to get though, so I think there'll be enough.

If it's like the other CEs, there will be a European or Japanese (with English) CE that's better than the U.S. one, too.
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #11304 on: April 21, 2022, 08:45:10 AM »

If it's like the other CEs, there will be a European or Japanese (with English) CE that's better than the U.S. one, too.

It’s always that way!  Fucking NOA

:stahp

Tasty

« Reply #11305 on: April 21, 2022, 09:44:55 AM »

It’s always that way!  Fucking NOA

:stahp

Union busting and shitty CEs, the double whammy :nintendo :stahp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11306 on: April 21, 2022, 11:28:43 PM »

idk, did you see that article today about Nintendo Japan not understanding what a Bounty Hunter was while making Metroid.

Sometimes I get the impression the beauacracy of big Japanese companies means a lot left hand not talking to the right hand and just "if it ain't broke..." for like 20-40 years over and over.

There's some of that, sure.

But from the N64 era onward, they've repeatedly had this exact problem, and NOT to the degree that Sony has shown (excepting conversation regarding supply-chain COVID stuff).

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11307 on: April 25, 2022, 11:19:25 PM »
Nintendo is so bad at keeping a schedule even the fucking Mario movie is delayed
:O

Tasty

Can't wait for Snickle Snackle.
« Reply #11308 on: April 26, 2022, 11:21:31 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11309 on: April 30, 2022, 02:16:07 PM »
Nintendo is so bad at keeping a schedule even the fucking Mario movie is delayed
Switch is losing Steam (no pun intended)

Switch Sports is probably the most mediocre game Nintendo has released in a while. Advance Wars is delayed until all wars have ended or something.
Splatoon 3 is switched with Xenoblade 3 but it doesn't really make sense to release a big ass RPG in the middle of the summer.
The Fire Emblem Warriors game looks o.k. enough but is just another Fire Emblem Warriors game.

BOTW2 will be compared to Elden Ring and I'm not sure if they can do enough to set it apart from the original game on Switch hardware.

The Steamdeck delivers, I remember that during the early Switch games it was very exciting that you could play console/PC games on the go like DOOM.
Right now these type of ports aren't coming out on Switch anymore and Steamdeck offers a much better experience for that type of game (and at $399 the price difference isn't as big as it should be either).

Apart from Xeno 3 not a lot of exciting things at Nintendo going on right now. Feels like they're on auto-pilot until their next system hits 2 or 3 years from now.
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11310 on: April 30, 2022, 02:37:17 PM »
It's not like the other consoles have a lot of cool stuff coming up. The big ones for the other consoles seem to be Saints Row in August, Forspoken and Gotham Knights in October.

Live a Live is looking like the only other game I'll actually want to get day one this year.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11311 on: April 30, 2022, 05:23:29 PM »
Splatoon 3 is switched with Xenoblade 3 but it doesn't really make sense to release a big ass RPG in the middle of the summer.

Whaa? Summer is the best time to release a long-ass RPG. Students home from school and all that.
^_^

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11312 on: April 30, 2022, 08:33:36 PM »
Switch has lost some steam, but I'm confident they have enough in the tank to keep them going for at least the next 12 months and then the next gen hype starts.
Spud

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11313 on: May 01, 2022, 08:35:54 AM »
The Switch is losing steam because Nintendo’s model makes it tough to last more than 4-5 years before a new console. They only release one mainline Mario, one Mario Kart, etc. I’m sure Switch could last until 2025 if they released Mario Odyssey 2, Mario Kart 9, and Breath of the Wild 2. Nintendo got very lucky that consumers wanted to repurchase everything that was on the Wii U.

Consoles in general are losing steam - the shortages of PlayStation 5 is really taking a toll on things and lol Xbox. Seems like we’re hitting a lull. We need Segata to come back here and tell us mobile gaming is going to take over again.
🍆🍆

Beezy

« Reply #11314 on: May 01, 2022, 05:18:23 PM »
A lot of people are also still struggling. Things aren't back to "normal".

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11315 on: May 01, 2022, 08:21:29 PM »
Switch is losing steam?

I’ve used my Switch the most of all the consoles this year and honestly it probably has the best line up this year.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11316 on: May 01, 2022, 08:25:46 PM »
Switch is losing steam?

I’ve used my Switch the most of all the consoles this year and honestly it probably has the best line up this year.

It's not losing steam at all and still doing insane sales numbers- I don't have a Steam Deck yet, but I have had handheld PCs for years now and they don't take away from the Switch.  Not that it matters- it's classic Nintex hyperbole. 

This is kind of doldrums for new releases.  Or at least big ones.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11317 on: May 02, 2022, 02:00:17 AM »
There’s a lack of big releases for all the consoles. Gaming in general.

But the Switch this year has Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, and a new Pokémon game. I’m sure there’s more I’m not aware of.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #11318 on: May 02, 2022, 05:29:05 AM »
Switch good
Fuck you
Hi

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #11319 on: May 02, 2022, 08:34:54 AM »
Just announce an Advance Wars date already  :foxx
itm

Svejk

« Reply #11320 on: May 02, 2022, 11:12:49 AM »
Haven't touched my Switch since Metroid.  :trumps

Tasty

« Reply #11321 on: May 02, 2022, 01:28:32 PM »

You're a special case.

Svejk

« Reply #11322 on: May 02, 2022, 02:05:47 PM »

You're a special case.
:hesright

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11323 on: May 02, 2022, 03:07:06 PM »
Switch is indeed losing steam.

Ive lost most of my interest in Asphalt 9 after 1,200 hours because Gameloft is so shit.

What else am I supposed to play?
:O

Occam

« Reply #11324 on: May 11, 2022, 02:25:40 PM »
For instance Revita. I bet you haven't played that.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11325 on: May 11, 2022, 05:52:21 PM »

Not really anything that interesting here. A lot of indie titles just look the same these days...same pixel art, same hipster aesthetic. Lots of games trying to capture that Stardew Valley market.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 02:47:54 AM by Potato »
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11326 on: May 11, 2022, 06:02:55 PM »
That was a bottom tier parody.  :lol
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #11327 on: May 11, 2022, 09:05:12 PM »
Nothing about Omori :maf

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11328 on: May 12, 2022, 05:17:17 AM »
The crab game looks alright.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11329 on: May 12, 2022, 08:35:04 AM »
The crab game looks alright.

So does Gunbrella, from the guy who did Gato Robtoto.

ど助平

Occam

« Reply #11330 on: May 12, 2022, 06:15:28 PM »
Seriously, give Revita a try.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11331 on: May 20, 2022, 05:45:45 PM »

:whoo
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11332 on: May 20, 2022, 05:46:25 PM »

(yes it's the Dragonball Z guy)

:lawd
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 05:52:33 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #11333 on: May 30, 2022, 01:35:51 AM »
Drinking a bit and I had a thought, Nintendo will zig when people expect them to zag...

"Nintendo Switch 2"

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11334 on: May 30, 2022, 02:34:04 AM »
Drinking a bit and I had a thought, Nintendo will zig when people expect them to zag...

"Nintendo Switch 2: Electric Switcheroo"

FTFY
Spud

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11335 on: May 30, 2022, 11:56:08 AM »
It may be boring, but it would be dumb to just not do a Switch 2.

Honestly it could just be as strong as the Xbox One X and I feel that would be enough.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11336 on: May 30, 2022, 01:34:24 PM »
The Steamdeck is fantastic if they match that hardware they're set for another generation.

I think Nintendo is going to make a big mistake though and opts for only a small incremental hardware upgrade (think GameCube -> Wii) with an upscaler.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #11337 on: May 30, 2022, 01:59:57 PM »
If they keep the same OS and services and just build on them (possibly keeping firmware updates for Switch 1 and 2 going simultaneously), along with hardware BC, I'll be very happy no matter what the specs end up being tbh.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11338 on: May 31, 2022, 01:47:47 PM »
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #11339 on: May 31, 2022, 02:13:44 PM »
What’s the difference between scarlet and violet?

A firmer grip.