Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 946556 times)

Bebpo

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #12000 on: November 12, 2022, 06:21:52 PM »
I think my opinion of Bayonetta 3 in the end is just going be:

+Good combat, fun enemies, decent weapons
-EVERY.FUCKING.THING.ELSE

It's like a 9/10 character action combat game mixed with a 5/10 kuso game for everything else. One of the least polished games I've played. Feels like a PS2 jank game outside the combat. Like they didn't even test or give a shit about the camera/controls/goals. It's ironic when it's a difficult combat game and the things that make me want to rage and break my controller have nothing to do with the combat.

Definitely feel this is the worst game in the series. If they make a Bayonetta 4 I'll probably skip it. In fact I think I'm just done with Platinum Games after this.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12001 on: November 12, 2022, 06:31:33 PM »
If they make a Bayonetta 4 I'll probably skip it. In fact I think I'm just done with Platinum Games after this.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction.

I'm still way back in the beginning and my sentiments echo what you've said so far, but not to the point of frustration (yet?).  Based on what I have played, I think that the ranking is Bayo 1 > 2 > 3, but I like them all. 

One thing that's odd with Bayo 3 is how it can look like total jank one minute and then look like the best visuals on the Switch the next.  It's kind of all over the place which is also how I'd describe the game in general.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #12002 on: November 12, 2022, 06:41:00 PM »
If they make a Bayonetta 4 I'll probably skip it. In fact I think I'm just done with Platinum Games after this.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Well it's more that I feel like I've come away disappointed with their stuff game after game for a while.
Although maybe if I play Astral Chain and that will change my mind.

Bayo 3 would be so much better if they sat down with a fucking editor and cut out a lot of the weaker side content and tuned up the platforming controls and tuned up the camera controls. The jank just feels like they don't care. Like "hey this part sucks, deal with it and good luck!"

I also think in Bayonetta 3 that it's a visually bland game. All the levels in a world look exactly the same and the enemies all look the same.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12003 on: November 12, 2022, 06:50:49 PM »
More and more recent Switch games, from Bayo 3 to Sonic Frontiers and in some ways Xenoblade 3, seem to be PS5 / Xbox Series X level games simply compressed to work on the Switch.

Bayonetta to me felt like it should've always been just 1 game. Just like Vanguish, Mad World and other Platinum Games at that time.
I never got the feeling that it had 3 sequel franchise potential. It was a fun Devil May Cry-type action-game. Bayo 2 I remember little of my single playthrough just that it was very frustrating at times and the framerate often tanked.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12004 on: November 12, 2022, 08:30:45 PM »
Mad World got a sequel.

...That had Bayonetta as DLC!

:putin
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #12005 on: November 12, 2022, 09:47:54 PM »
We don't talk about that game.

Tasty

« Reply #12006 on: November 12, 2022, 09:48:21 PM »
Imagine making a sequel to MadWorld without the black & white art style.

Just imagine.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12007 on: November 12, 2022, 11:17:11 PM »
I liked it.

:idont

Had fun with the online for a bit too.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #12008 on: November 12, 2022, 11:22:11 PM »
One thing I will give Bayonetta 3 is that I'm at ch.10 now at I guess the final? world and so far 99.9% of my issues with the game are in optional parts I will never have to touch on re-runs.

The main story route in this one seems pretty solid without a lot of bullshit so far. Basically only issues I have had with the main route so far are:

-Godzilla fight is annoying because of how slow it is and hard to see tells
-There was a bit in ch.9 where you run towards the screen from fog for like 3 screens and there are two guillotines and I kept getting fucking hit by the 2nd one knocking me off and then there's a long ass 10 second load screen. Got it on the 3rd try but it just seemed fucking random. Not looking forward to doing this bit on new runs, but at least it's just a 10 second bit.

Otherwise everything's been frustration free and pretty fun.

But the side content in this game...ooof, what a shit show. The whole design of making this game semi-open world 3d platformer collectible levels was a terrible fucking idea. Bayonetta works best as a standard level design action game. I also don't think Platinum has the skills to do a 3d platformer or an open world game.

Was Astral Chain like this or normal levels?

Bebpo

« Reply #12009 on: November 12, 2022, 11:53:01 PM »
I liked the 3rd Jeanne side mission stage in the elevator. I kinda feel like the Jeanne levels shouldn't be in this game and should've been a separate side game like Eiyuden Chronicles Rising was.

Bebpo

« Reply #12010 on: November 13, 2022, 01:48:32 AM »
Got to chapter 12 tonight. Just 3 stages left and then I'll never have to chase another 5 blocks with awful platforming and never have to chase stupid animals while the camera can't track them and never have to do any of these stupid restrictions challenges again! At this point I'm glad I've 100%'d the stages to this point since there's not much left to deal with. Should be able to finish the first run tomorrow.

I actually don't mind the story at all. It's nonsense but the cutscenes are semi-entertaining and there isn't an annoying kid like Bayonetta 2.

chapters 9/10/11 weren't bad even for side stuff. The only trouble was the optional 10-1 with Viola where you could only damage in WT and the enemies were annoying types. I don't know how you're supposed to get rid of the green phantom hand that chase you and grabs you since you can't do damage outside of WT and it never seems to go away? Took me about 20 mins of retries because I'd get grabbed by that and hit a bunch by the other. Also the camera was super bad about keeping the enemies within your view and since you had limited hits until you game over it was bad to have blind spots where you get hit.

Also I had to do it completely with the moon accessory tap towards parries because the R button parry barely works half the time and half the time it launches me in a dash at the enemy eating an attack :| I like Viola's combat but her WT starter sucks compared to Bayonetta.

I haven't really used any of the new Bayonetta weapons in the second half. Just been using the guns/melee starter weapon for like...everything because I don't want to spend the time to go through the movelists for the new weapons and get a feel for them since they keep throwing them at you so quickly one after another. I think I'm going to wait for NG+ and then mess around with all the weapons and see if there's anything I like using.

Bebpo

« Reply #12011 on: November 13, 2022, 02:25:03 AM »
Although I've got to say at this point that even the pure core combat of Bayonetta 3 feels more like a comfort food 8-9/10 and not as good as Bayonetta 1/2 and not as good as DMCV or the character action greats.

The issues I have with it are mostly that:

-There are visibility issues pretty constantly when it comes to being able to see what the enemies are doing so that you can dodge/parry/WT at the right times. This is a combination of simply just too much flash from your own weapons, too much flash from the enemy weapons, and a dogshit camera that always struggles to keep the enemies in view, especially if there are airborne enemies, and extra especially for all these giant sized enemies.

-The demon summons are fine but they really do change the flow of combat from the prior games. Now I'm sure the extra depth of them and the ability to buffer one move at a time, means high level players and combo video kids will get hundreds of hours of figuring out ways to efficiently weave between demon attacks and player attacks, but for like the average player like me, it just tends to be "oh I have a full demon meter and my demon does more DPS than my player and stuns the enemies so I'll have them do some attacks while I get pushed further from the enemy (because the demon knocks the enemies away) and then I'll double tap R and dash in and do some combo to build up meter and then repeat. The demon slave combo ends and demon slave counters are fine, but the actual demons just really change the flow and the demons all feel more like a beat em' up King of the Monsters fighter than a character action game.

When I played Bayonetta 1, the combat was like 100% intense always in your face with you doing combos while dodging/parrying as the enemies counter and continuing your combos into flow. The demon stuff just breaks that flow and makes it a mix between character action moments and sit back and chill punch punch punch with your demon moments and it's alright but I just think as a character action game it's not as exciting, fast and fun as the other games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12012 on: November 13, 2022, 03:41:12 PM »
Astral Chain's structure is do stuff at HQ -> Crime scene investigation segment -> Mission.

I still need to finish it up.  At this point maybe just start over.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #12013 on: November 14, 2022, 01:44:33 AM »
Oh dang, finishing ch.12 got me the accessory that lets Bayonetta's Demon Slaves just do their own thing and you can move and combo freely and not have to pay attention to them. That and the other accessory that unlocks at the same time which increases the Demon Slave damage both seem really useful. 2nd run will be interesting messing around with all these weapons and accessories.

Bebpo

« Reply #12014 on: November 14, 2022, 02:03:13 AM »
I am a little worried some of these gimmick stages or parts of stages which are fine even if they don't play well on standard difficulty will be frustrating on higher difficulties since they play kinda shitty. Just finished the last Jeanne stage and I can see that being not fun on harder difficulties.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12015 on: November 14, 2022, 02:39:16 PM »
Little disappointing that so many minigames in Mario Party 2 are repeats from Mario Party 1
:O

james

« Reply #12016 on: November 14, 2022, 10:24:54 PM »
Theyre adding Flounder heights to Splatoon 3....

Might be enough to make me buy it

Bebpo

« Reply #12017 on: November 15, 2022, 12:45:02 AM »
Finished the main game of Bayonetta 3. HMmmmmmm....

I thought the story was fine. I liked the ending twist. I mean it's no Asura's Wrath, but as someone who never gave a shit about this nonsense, the cutscenes were entertaining although way too long.
Gameplay-wise though, the last 2 chapters fucking sucks. Another godzilla fight ughhh, lots of big slow parts, final boss who has 8 billion HP.

That worm thing where none of your fucking attacks can reach so you just zap zap slowly for 4-5 mins  :-\

Why can Capcom make good final bosses that don't go on for 30 mins of zzz and instead are just difficult exciting final fights? Platinum fucking sucks at final bosses.

Basically if skipping cutscenes, and all optional stuff, main route is good except:

-2 shitty Godzilla fights
-One weird run towards the screen instakill section in Chapter 9
-Last Jeanne stage seemed kinda iffy
-Last 2 chapters

Standard difficulty also seems like a joke here. Compare standard on DMCV which still gives you a good challenging first run, to standard here where it's pretty much impossible to die in combat first run. Just makes first run kind of boring with all these long cutscenes, awful optional content, and same-y combat. Looking forward to the next run to really test the game out, though might just get to ch.13 and call it a day.

Game doesn't seem like a GREAT action game, but it's no DMC2 either. Just a good flawed action game.

Also Viola kinda sucks and feels like an afterthought to the whole game. Game could've been about half the length with a lot of the fat trimmed.  Clear time ended up being 25 hours which is way too fucking long for a single run of a character action game. These should be like 10-12 hour games.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 12:49:08 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #12018 on: November 15, 2022, 01:18:13 AM »
Oh and I want to throw in how obnoxious that the final boss with his 8,000 HP life in a MELEE GAME has a move seemingly undodgeable? That pushes you away so you can only get in so much damage at a time before you get pushed back and have to close in again and again and again. Fuck that fight was unfun.

Bebpo

« Reply #12019 on: November 15, 2022, 07:34:01 PM »
I'm messing around in training mode before starting my next run. I can't ever actually use dodge offset in real combat in these games. The problem is that I dodge on reaction and if I'm in the middle of a combo I have to then on reaction think "ok, I need to hit the next button in my current combo and HOLD it AND THEN press dodge" all in the like 1/5th of a second I need to react and my brain doesn't work that fast. It's too bad because it would definitely speed up combat if I could get good at dodge offsetting to keep hitting the end of the strings with demon wink finishers.

Instead I just stick to short quick combos with demon wink finishers and just try to get them out during WT after a dodge or get the whole combo in before having to dodge. I dunno maybe if I keep practicing I'll get better at offsetting in this run.

Now really sure what demon slave to use for run two. I pretty much just exclusively used Madame Butterfly the whole game with PPPP/KKKK/360+K spin/B/F Shoulder charge combos and that was about it. I used Fire Spider a few times for its X fire claw smash to hit a wide area and set it on fire and I used the flying bird a bit for air enemies. But otherwise I didn't really mess with any of the others. Need to try to get the hang of them in training mode and see. I hear the tower is one of the best.

Bebpo

« Reply #12020 on: November 15, 2022, 10:42:59 PM »
So I played the first world through on expert and it was kinda of boring/too easy because it's just the same with more damage. Then restarted on Inferno Climax and got through a few stages and idk. I appreciate the new enemy layouts and it's fun but some of the enemy types combined with the camera being shit combined with super high damage means things like offscreen projectile enemies are fucking annoying.

Still kind of so-so on the game. A lot of combat stuff I felt like was cheating on standard (abusing demon slaves) feels like legit fair tactics on inferno climax. I went through all the weapons and slaves and basically I find myself just mixing between fast and large spanning AoE weapons like Yo-Yos and Simon fan and constantly switching to MECH COMBAT everytime I have meter and just dodge shit in mech while spamming p and k holding two hit combos and shoulder smash combos for what seems to be massive damage (plus part-breaking) and then dropping out to do torture attacks/build up magic meter and rinse and repeat.

For large radius multiple enemies, using the tower itself with the blade spin is good for getting rid of a bunch of smaller annoying enemies fast.

So yeah, combat is more fun on Inferno Climax but it also just feels kinda alright and I'm annoyed at all the QTEs that make cutscenes unskippable and the gimmick sections are pretty annoying. I got down to 1 hit until dead on the sliding godzilla chase.

Also probably a weird complaint but for whatever reason in Bayonetta combat, all the weapons feel kinda the same to me. Yeah, some are slow and some are fast, some do more damage but they're the slower ones so DPS is probably about the same across all weapons. Yeah some weapons have larger radius for hits, some smaller, etc... but like they all have a lot of shared characteristics in the moveset. Your jump p is always going to be a straight vertical up, jump k is always a diagonal launcher, b,f + p/k is always going to be a big chargeable hit, 360 + p/k is always going to be a spin around AoE move, etc...like it makes it easier to jump into different weapons. But while I haven't popped in any DMC game in a while since DMCV, I don't remember DMC weapons feeling so same-y. I always felt like the weapons in that series were really distinct. Here they all just feel the same even if they look a bit different. Outside the speed of swings it doesn't seem to matter much which weapon I use. Idk. In the end I'm just not a huge fan of the combat in this one.

Still feels kind of like an 8/10 game to me. Not sure if I'll finish up a full run on IC. Maybe. If I do I'll probably shelve the game after that. Also I'm skipping the Jeanne levels on my IC run because...no interest in playing them again.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 10:47:31 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #12021 on: November 16, 2022, 08:22:27 PM »
Blew through half of Infinite Climax in basically a sitting. The Viola stages are like 3 difficulty levels higher than the Bayonetta stages here and kind of annoying. The projectile enemies are super obnoxious on IC, especially with Viola and her parry WT. Reminds me of Ninja Gaiden rocket spam. Mostly just finding a working strategy of running the fuck away and letting Cheshire wipe them out for a bit until the spammers are gone and I can get in and finish off the rest. Still getting some pure plats in IC doing that so whatever works. IC is the difficulty level where there's no such thing as cheap tactics. Whatever works, works.

Like with Bayonetta I'm finding the train is fucking AWESOME for fight openers. I just mash the shit out of the buttons draw a circle around the enemies and train does all kinds of shit that destroys and staggers and breaks enemies all the while I'm just going ahead doing my normal Bayonetta weapon combat. Really speeds up the fights and DPS. Then still mostly using clock tower and mecha for bigger enemies when it's 1 on 1.

The only trouble I've had so far in the Bayonetta stages was the Monkey boss fight in the lava. The readability on that fight with the camera and the platform in the lava and being able to actually reach and hit the boss is not very good. Took me a bunch of tries.

Off the top of my head can't think of what other parts will be tough on IC coming from standard until the final boss. I swear the Monkey in the lava gave me the most trouble of any of the bosses on standard.

Fun game. I think I like it more than Bayonetta 2 (which I wasn't a big fan of), but less than Bayonetta 1 at this point. I'm kind of tempted to pick W101 back up and play that and Astral Chain after this run to continue the action gaming.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12022 on: November 16, 2022, 10:01:56 PM »
Bebpo back on the Platinum train :rejoice
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #12023 on: November 16, 2022, 10:36:10 PM »
If I end up hooking up my Wii U to get back to W101, I may even load my Bayonetta 2 save. I honestly don't remember if I even did an IC run there.

For W101, is the remastered version without touch controls better?

Bebpo

« Reply #12024 on: November 17, 2022, 02:39:47 AM »
Halfway through the final boss on IC. Last two chapters have some fucking long unskippable cutscenes on replay that totally kill replays.

Bebpo

« Reply #12025 on: November 17, 2022, 03:23:24 AM »
Ok, finished Infinite Climax. On one hand this felt wayyyyy easier than the top difficulty in every other character action game (I don't remember Bayo 2 though). Like I can't think of any other character action game where I could just blow through the top difficulty going through the whole game in a day on my 2nd run just coming off normal (outside the ch.10 verse 8 fight which I had to cheat through with items because it's Viola and it's 1,000x more difficult than any other fight in IC). Then again Standard also felt like easy mode in every other character action game and almost no challenge at all.

On the plus side I definitely enjoyed this IC run WAY more than my first run on standard exploring everything out. The combat was so much more fun on IC and I actually had to learn all the enemy/boss patterns. Like the final boss on IC with their 6-8 lifebars was a boring long fight on standard, but having to actually learn all the attacks and dodge them consistently made it a pretty fun fight on IC. It's a bit easy for a final boss and I'm kind of disappointed the boss doesn't keep getting new attacks each lifebar because after a certain point it gets really easy to dodge all their stuff since it's just the same things coming out. The tells are also really easy which helps since they have a long windup and aren't super fast moves that come out.

The demon slaves which felt kind of pointless on standard, actually were extremely important and useful on IC and the combat system finally clicked and made sense of how you use the demon slaves to stagger and break and help out with enemies while you do your combos. It's a fun system.

I really enjoy the Vergil-ish boss with Bayonetta. The last fight is real fun. Just not when you're playing as VIOLA anjd her shitty parry.

On the negatives, I feel like there aren't enough enemy types in the game. For such a big lengthy game with a long dev time it really feels like there's only like ~8 enemies you regularly fight and it gets pretty same old same old even on IC because there just aren't enough enemy types to mix it up really well. It's one thing I think makes IC kind of easy, once you learn how to deal with all the enemy types you're pretty much good to go.

There's definitely a few visibility issues that bug me. Those two bosses you fight at the end of the desert arc on the balancing platforms are SO BIG I can't see their moves at all because they're usually blocking the camera. Since they show up again after I pretty much just mash dodge and try to get lucky when I can't see. And the monkey boss in the lava moving around the platforms gives me issues.

I suck with Viola and that's all there is to that. I thought I was fine with her on standard, but I found her chapters and big boss fights pretty miserable on IC whereas I had zero issues with any of Bayonetta's bosses and had a good time. In fact, when I finished chapter 10 I was like "phew, all done with the Viola content" and totally forgot she has another fight in the end. That fight was so forgettable on standard I thought it was just part of the credit roll "you win enjoy the credits" bit. But on IC it was WAY HARDER THAN THE ACTUAL FINAL BOSS lol. I was ready to turn in for the night and then that took a while to parry my way through. I just can't do the parry consistently and it makes Viola's gameplay on IC not fun for me. Oh well.

My other thing is yeah, I messed around with all the weapons this run and they're fun but this has to be the first character action game since the birth of the genre where personally not a single weapon ever clicked with me and felt like a main outside the basic Bayonetta guns (which I never used in my IC run because I wanted to try different weapons this run). It's just a personal tastes thing, but didn't really enjoy any of these weapons and in a year or two I won't remember a single one of them. Feels like a quantity over quality thing personally.

Still need to do the Platinum Ticket fight, I'm at like 850k so pretty close. Also haven't tried the witch trials so will give that a shot, but probably good on this after that. Was about an 8/10 to me overall. Good game and glad I played it. Would recommend that yeah, people ignore all the side content like optional verses and platforming, and also probably do the first run on expert to have the best experience.

paprikastaude

« Reply #12026 on: November 17, 2022, 07:21:25 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12027 on: November 17, 2022, 07:54:48 AM »
If I end up hooking up my Wii U to get back to W101, I may even load my Bayonetta 2 save. I honestly don't remember if I even did an IC run there.

For W101, is the remastered version without touch controls better?

Opinions vary on the remastered version's controls.  If you're going to try it, I'd get it on PC or PS4 for the best framerate.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12028 on: November 17, 2022, 02:10:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/Cherrim/status/1593292235222978560

Pokemon is getting a lot of 7's apparently it runs worse than Arceus.

Fire Emblem looks good  :whoo
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 02:45:49 PM by Nintex »
🤴

james

« Reply #12029 on: November 17, 2022, 03:00:16 PM »

james

« Reply #12030 on: November 17, 2022, 03:05:52 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #12031 on: November 17, 2022, 03:12:38 PM »
Snap is the only good looking 3d Pokemon.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12032 on: November 17, 2022, 06:46:13 PM »
When is the last time Nintendo released a game this broken, it has been a while I think.
https://twitter.com/pithyalyse/status/1593372216099487754
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #12033 on: November 17, 2022, 06:50:19 PM »
They're sure shitting out new pokemon games at a hot clip, what the fuck is going on? Every other dev and franchise has slowed down to a crawl but Nintendo/Game Freak are putting out a new one every 6 months or so :titus
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12034 on: November 17, 2022, 07:25:07 PM »
I'm hearing they've cut interiors for buildings like pokecenters too and simply replaced them with a menu.  :doge
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #12035 on: November 17, 2022, 08:39:07 PM »
When is the last time Nintendo released a game this broken, it has been a while I think.
https://twitter.com/pithyalyse/status/1593372216099487754

Nintendo didn't even develop this. They should be more ashamed of never patching Link's Awakening, game is unplayable to me as is.

Bebpo

« Reply #12036 on: November 17, 2022, 08:44:44 PM »
In Bayonetta 3, Finished Witch Trials 1/2 and the 999,999 Platinum ticket (cheesed the ticket fight for the weapon/demon). The Witch Trials are better than the whole game. I tried to go back and play a stage and I just can't bother with all the junk in stages on replay. Bayonetta Bloody Palace is the best part of the game.

It's a shame there's only 20 floors of enjoyable Witch Trial Bloody Palace since Witch Trial 3 switches to Infinite Climax damage so you have to do 10 floors and you die in 3 hits. Too unfun for me. Calling it done at this point.

I do wonder if Bayonetta 3 retroactively makes 1/2 hard to go back to. The demon combat is just so ingrained into the combat system for me now, going back to bayonetta combat without the demon slaves will just feel...weird. Still, kind of feeling like doing a 1/2 replay next year.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12037 on: November 18, 2022, 03:00:11 AM »
I watched a vtuber play some of the new Pokemon.

Character in-game: "Look at the beautiful scenery." As the camera pans over to show you what looks like Bob-omb Battlefield.

Good stuff.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12038 on: November 18, 2022, 03:46:00 AM »
Gamefreak really have shat the bed this generation
Spud

paprikastaude

« Reply #12039 on: November 18, 2022, 04:46:12 AM »
People are asking for a Switch 2 in response to Pokemon looking like a PS3 tech demo on social media. What? You want these lazy amateurs at Gamefreak to have an even harder time catching up with their own tech? :goldberg Watch Pokemon, once again, be the last series to leave old Nintendo hardware. Two years into Nintendo's next generation you will probably still get Pokemon Ultra Brick and Ultra Gras on Switch 1, looking only slightly better than this game.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 04:52:53 AM by paprikastaude »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12040 on: November 18, 2022, 05:50:08 AM »
At the end of the day, 95% of the people who play Pokemon games don't give a shit though, so there's no incentive to improve.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12041 on: November 18, 2022, 12:22:30 PM »
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #12043 on: November 18, 2022, 12:56:09 PM »
looks like the game escaped, rather than released :rodney
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #12045 on: November 18, 2022, 01:28:04 PM »
Gamefreak really have shat the bed this generation

The wheels started getting real loose with X and Y and totally fell off by Let's Go.

I didn't realize until today that Junichi Masada had left Gamefreak for a job at The Pokémon Company. As far as I'm concerned, the franchise I fell in love with as a kid is well and truly dead.

james

« Reply #12046 on: November 18, 2022, 01:37:20 PM »
Why couldnt they just take Breath of the Wild and replace the Bobokins with pokemon

Wii U just turned 10 and it runs it like a champ.

paprikastaude

« Reply #12047 on: November 18, 2022, 01:54:02 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12048 on: November 18, 2022, 01:55:17 PM »
It looks like the developers just gave up  :doge
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12049 on: November 18, 2022, 05:51:55 PM »
Are we sure Game Freak developed this?  Because it looks more like they farmed it out to Volition! :awesome
:rimshot
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #12050 on: November 18, 2022, 09:34:35 PM »
Are we sure Game Freak developed this?  Because it looks more like they farmed it out to Volition! :awesome
:rimshot

Farming it out would actually result in a much more stable game, see also: Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl.

Why does Gamefreak even still exist? :dunno

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12051 on: November 19, 2022, 03:53:38 AM »
I basically feel about the game like I do about Sonic Frontiers. They're on the right track but just need to iron out the technical details. (They never will.) Get Monolith Soft as support staff on Pokemon, for fuck sake...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 04:14:54 AM by HardcoreRetro »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12052 on: November 19, 2022, 07:07:49 AM »
What I find most dissapointing is that these games are just soulless.

Instead of going with a more nostalgic route of say Trails of Zero, Octopath Traveler or other modern 'retro' games (RPG or otherwise) they just release an undercooked and broken product.
🤴

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #12053 on: November 19, 2022, 11:23:43 AM »
What a disaster. I ended up enjoying Legends but it was still ugly as sin. This is ugly and buggy, which as some point fans just need to admit the game is poorly made.

Apparently the pre-orders were massive, but eventually these types of things will hurt the brand, at least on the gaming side. People will buy the cards and plushies until forever.  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #12054 on: November 19, 2022, 11:31:09 AM »
What I find most dissapointing is that these games are just soulless.

Instead of going with a more nostalgic route of say Trails of Zero, Octopath Traveler or other modern 'retro' games (RPG or otherwise) they just release an undercooked and broken product.

Should let Suda51 make one.

Tasty

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12056 on: November 20, 2022, 06:23:52 AM »
I'm sort of starting to see what they tried to do with Pokemon.
It looks like they wanted to simulate a living world with NPC behaviours, i.e. Magikarp flops out the water, Jigglypuff gets blown away by the wind, when you start a battle wild Pokemon run over to see what's going on etc. .
But most of these random events are bugging out.  :doge
🤴

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #12057 on: November 20, 2022, 07:54:03 AM »
Of course, this is the one I buy lol. I have Brilliant Diamond as well, maybe I’ll just play that while they hopefully fix the bugs.
🍆🍆

james

« Reply #12058 on: November 20, 2022, 01:08:34 PM »
I'm sort of starting to see what they tried to do with Pokemon.
It looks like they wanted to simulate a living world with NPC behaviours, i.e. Magikarp flops out the water, Jigglypuff gets blown away by the wind, when you start a battle wild Pokemon run over to see what's going on etc. .
But most of these random events are bugging out.  :doge

All that happens in pokemon snap with zero glitches

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12059 on: November 20, 2022, 02:51:38 PM »
🤴